Why do normalfags suck the dick of games like CoD so hard?

I was watching a video of a guy critiquing the later entries in the CoD franchise, mp4 related.
What caught me off guard is how he started praising Modern Warfare for awful things, like having progression, unlock and perk systems. Those things are skinnerbox design elements, they reward you for how long you play instead of how good you are. He even goes as far to say it was good that the industry on a whole became more multiplayer-focused.
What the fuck do normalfags like about not just this series, but what it did to gaming on a whole? These weren't "advancements" to gaming, they were detriments. Why is it good that you're at an objective disadvantage to the game compared to a person who picked it up two months ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

pypi.python.org/pypi/webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is your true question - Why do normalfags are normalfags?

Instant gratification.
Delete this thread and kill yourself.

Impressive compression, but the answer is simple.
Normalfags are fucking casuals. They'd prefer shit be handed to them to give the illusion of them getting better than having to develop skill.
Online gaming getting more popular? They love that, 99% of what casuals play are online games. DotA, LoL, WoW, Overwatch, CoD and BF, these are all online games. Ask a casual to sit down and play something like Dork Souls? They'll claim it's the hardest fucking thing they ever played despite it being easier than the average game from 2003.
Casuals like fighting against other casuals because they're just as bad as they are.

They don't suck the dick of anything. It's disposable entertainment and nothing more.

that shit is rampant on here too. one example of many is darksouls threads. People shit on newbies in starter areas with overpowered and often hacked equipment. All to achieve this

but this place is full of reddit anyway so thats to be expected

it's shit

normalfags are addicted to skinner box type things and things that give them instant dopamine rushes. Once you are aware of this, and what causes these rushes, you see it everywhere. To the point you realize 99% of all people are under control of something that aims to give them a quick shot of dopamine some times after they perform some sort of action.

You see it on sites like facebook and twitter too. People posting all the time, because they want that dopamine rush of someone liking their post. It happens everywhere, though imageboards are not as bad as other sites, though we still get retards looking for (you)s and baiting.

Human beings are very simple. Give them an activity that will randomly reward them with dopamine and they'll become addicted.

In a word: "couchniggers".

I want xenos off my board

Because it's so fucking mind numbingly easy to push tha shoot, nigga.

I spent like two minutes on it, 16mb is enough to fit a 90 movie into if you know how, let alone a 17 minute video.
I suppose it makes sense that casuals would be glad at the industry being more casual.

I remember some user posted https statics about Holla Forums awhile ago, we have a significantly lower amount of traffic that comes from reddit than most other websites of our kind at our size.

Lots of reruns of this lately. And OP you're retarded
Truly a fucking mystery

*90 minute movie

id have to ask how those statistics work. Such as does that only refer to direct links from reddit to here or can it somehow detect where every connecting network has been. How do you differentiate from people who use both, came from reddit and never went back, or never went to reddit.

That make me wonder, if any of these guys wanted to stop playing dopamine rush games and get into better games, how long would it take for them to "reset" and get off the addiction? Asking for myself because I got horribly addicted to assfaggots through my friends a friend.

It looks at what site you were on directly before using Holla Forums or something to that effect.
The site is something like 5% reddit, while 4chan is 7.5%.

you do realize that normalfags actually hate CoD in the cy+++. That it has been popular to hate CoD for at least 5 years down. That your entire original post is just emblematic of how much of a normalfag (you) are?

can you just link to hooktube?

Watch the video, I know it's been popular to hate on CoD but that's not the point of my post. My point is how many normalfags out there seem to like acting the series used to be something special and act as if it made valuable additions to the industry.
I also see them do this with games like Halo.

Gee, I wonder why it's popular among people who don't play video games much?

so i was right this place is pretty much overflowing with reddit. a more accurate interpretation of the data would be people use reddit before Holla Forums 5% of the time. Doesnt account at all for the other way around or websites used inbetween. Considering its two websites against ALL websites 5% is pretty fucking massive. 7.5% for cuckchan even moreso.

>

Its by users, so 5% of users, not websites.

…as opposed to what? Gamers who don't have any positive reaction to the game they are playing at all?
Shitting on people who want easy "games" that aren't much more than 3d rendered real time movies is one thing, but FFS user, your post lacks any self awareness at all.
We're all addicts. Some of us just like a challenge to delay & boost our dopamine rewards. But if you aren't having fun, it is a chore and no longer a game or hobby. If you are having fun, you can thank Mr. Dopamine (along with serotonin, and that multiplayer angle can also get some of that sweet, sweet oxytocin too)

Goddamn at least one person isn't sleeping at the wheel. Cheers.

Depends entirely on your own personal neural status. meditate
I think the OP was more against the "progression made by showing up/putting in time" vs "progression made by getting gud".
Have you not seen a speedrun of Dragon Warrior?

Aside from this
It's also that normalfags want to consume media that their peers consume, so they just buy whatever has a well-known name.

People like progression systems because it makes them feel like they're making progress. That's why all the shitty mobile games are so successful. Pat the player on the back and it's more likely to keep playing, normalfags are more susceptible to this since they don't play as much vidya.

This, and also because twitch shooter games don't require much in the way of actual skill, and a whole lot of dumb luck. If you play it for long enough, you'll luck your way into winning some matches. If someone is stupid, they will assume that these few victories are due to their skills, but all their failures were due to something outside their control.

It's a delusion like gambling. Like people who think they can out-think slot machines, and if they win on the slots it's because they're smart and talented. It provides a boost of self-esteem to people who are intellectually vapid and don't know it.

Stress not friend, redditors are easily deterred or converted

Many of the games in the Call of Duty series were legitimately well-made, especially before the focus turned to multiplayer. The problem is just that: the focus turned to multiplayer. You can't have a good multiplayer FPS with the sort of gameplay one finds in a Call of Duty game. There's a reason why Quake III and Unreal Tournament are hailed as the best when it comes to multiplayer: they were actually designed with multiplayer in mind.

Because it's all that normalfags know, they buy whatever is advertised and play it. They don't experiment with the medium and try other games just the big names so all they can compare it to are other big names. If the only game you ever played was COD you'd probably think it was fucking dope. It isn't rocket science in the fucking slightest. On top of out advertising most of the competition and hits all the bells and whistles to keep the normalfags occupied with progression systems and enough shining lights and noises for every action the player does that they still feel cool for doing it and think they're winning big

sorry, no thanks. While I like good critique. Super BunnyHop and Super BunnyHop clones are cancer and that is in and of itself the answer to your question. It's just a modern trend in Jewtube to try to present yourself with the affection of sophistication but without the profounding insight of a real thoughtful introspection. The trend of being Angry Gamer is dead, the trend of the Happy friendly gamer is oversaturated so a market was born for the "deep" reviewer, many of whom are just faggot who failed to get popular with fanfiction on tumblr so they are now on jewtube trying to capture people imagination with shallow metaphors grabbed from a thesaurus.

He's not English, he doesn't sound remotely English.
Did you actually watch the video for more than 5 seconds before making this judgement?

what a profoundly stupid pedantic misunderstanding of my generalized statement about the superficial nature of modern jewtube game critics.

In short, market science.
They're science'd and marketed specifically to draw in and addict normalfags. It's just like coca cola. As an anecdotal example, I watched some /fit/ kinda video and the guy had talked to one of the big cheese's at coca cola who was so excited that they had finally managed to culture human taste buds in their lab so they could test exactly what chemicals would addict the most people. It's disgusting.

Most people still think that CoD started with Modern Warfare. They have no idea that CoD used to be a PC game first.
When Activision/SledgeHammer revealed CoD WWII, people said that it was finally back to "old school" but that's not true at all. CoD had a class system, vehicles in multiplayer but it didn't have a progression system, weapons locked behind XP wall, shitty no-scope and e-sport nonsense. It was all about skill and having fun on a map.

Codemonkey you illiterate piece of shit stop leaving flags on.

Something something subversion as described by Yuri Bezmenov.

Get in line with the other fedora tipper autists that blame the state of modern multiplayer games on a singular game. I've played plenty of Call of Duty games starting with WaW and I have never had a problem with using the first guns they give you because every gun in the series is so piss easy to use you'd have to be retarded to actually think that the later unlocks give you that much of an advantage. I enjoy COD once in awhile because I ultimately understand it for what it is, just a super casual fps game that you can pick up and play without much dedication, never did I think it was some kind of magnum opus. Keep snarling in your shit corner at the other people who manage to have fun. If you honestly think that COD "ruined" the multiplayer FPS genre than you are delusional, there is a pretty decent variety of FPS games today you could pick up if you are that bothered by the influence COD had on other games.

People like persistent unlock systems because they gain similar satisfaction to what they'd get from slowly getting better at a game but instead of having to actually improve they just get more powerful in a guaranteed manner.

low barrier to entry, mass advertising, shared popularity, progression addiction
so everything we've known since MW1. are you stupid?

ur shit

this

What settings do you use? I'd like a 16 MB webm of The ducks and the hens

Cod4 was a genuinely great game
Every subsequent one was utter shit.

Amen
I disagree only to the extent that cod4 was accessible; it wasn't. You had a huge variance in kill/death ratio scores in that game. The rest of the cods indeed saw a normieization. You're totally right about Holla Forums, this place deserves to be nuked.

You seem to be mistaken. You are on the Xeno board.

I am legitimately surprised OP actually posted a webm/mp4 instead of just embedding you/hooktube like a lazy faggot. What changed when this behavior went from expected to being surprising?

I dunno, I've never been good at FPS games. CoD, Battlefield, TF2, CS1.6 Destiny even TPS like the Division, I've tried all of them, always been shit at them and never understood why people keep going back.

No matter how much I seem to play I have the reflexes of Michael J Fox.

I have the same feeling when playing dark souls and such. They're too hard, i don't see the fun.

Like any traditional RPG then.

if you want to see what reddit is like then simply head over to cuck/v/
don't ask me how i know

Are you trying to fit in with Holla Forums of five years ago?
CoD is on the decline, it's become mainstream opinion for casual reddit user-tier normies to be derisive of it.

World of Warcraft. Recognized old school hardcore gaymening Skinner box.

They can luck into wining only when they run unto scrubs like they are themselves. When they play against real deal players only things scrubs can do is to leave match crying.

OP, have you considered that perhaps just maybe people like different things than you and perhaps you should grow up and stop being a jaded bastard?

Your question is answered in the video you posted. Progression and unlock systems replace the need for the player to see real progress in their skill.

So if you're designing a game that is fundamentally flawed and doesn't actually allow for any real skill to be developed, you will need to throw in progressive reward systems to keep people coming back.

I didn't make that one, but you can just calculate the bitrate and length or use a script that automatically does it for you like this one pypi.python.org/pypi/webm It might go a little bit over the limit, so I usually shoot for 15.5MB or 15.9MB just in case.

>try to find the site with the funny arrow stories after getting tired of my friends making me use facetumblreddit
>find Holla Forums redpill threads and the answer to the question i was afraid to ask in history class
>still post on reddit while i lurk and see hotwheels' thread inviting redditors while still using reddit
i will never be able to erase this from the timeline

The only difference between dark souls and the average game from 2003 is that the average game from 2003 gives the player the information needed to play the game without requiring explicit trial and error to get past the first level

Careful not to fall for it.

Dark souls hardly requires any knowledge to preform well. Once you understand that the roll button is literally just a "lol dude i'm invincible button", anyone with a reaction time of less than 300 ms can avoid virtually every single attack in the game.

I'd be very interested in seeing how many of you redditors just come here either to strip mine memes and stories for the likes or some shit, because /commiepol/ is importing them here, or because it was namedropped by the cool people like Mr Metokur.

Nah, I didn't post much besides replies in the first place and I at least know I never posted anything from here. It's hard to say who did because it was four years ago and I probably couldn't tell where most of it came from.
He specifically wasn't popular yet and I have/had no idea who was. And all I know of Holla Forums I heard from here and Holla Forums

CoD Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3 are legit interesting takes on FPS-gaming though.

Hated the multiplayer from CoDMW. Especially the idea of running around on a battlefield like a retard with no clear strategies but being the first one to see their opponent.

Everyone who plays games like that are scrubs, really.

Dudebros are an early feminist meme, from before gamergate. But you're so starved for recognition that you're not even aware that bashing dudebros is a way to chastize masculinity.

With idiots like you spreading feminist memes believing it's elitism, no surprise gaming was conquered this easily.

You talk like a retard, and your shit's all gay.

Instant gratification and marketing ploys.
Normalfags are cattle that can't achieve anything nor think by themselves.
The only "games" that they play are the ones were they are given easy to earn gratification or the ones that they are told to play by marketing teams.

This right fucking here, WoW is more to blame than CoD is. CoD fucked up the mainstream FPS genre for a few years, WoW fucked up the entire industry. Most MMORPGs follow in its footsteps. WoW turned Blizzard into what it is today.
WoW is fucking cancer and always was.

Did you respond to the wrong thread? OP never said any of that.

Reminder that this gaylord disliked BOTW just because he couldn't play it on his PS4.
That and cuckchan loves him

What was it about 2007? Why did it kill vidya?

Sounds like here would love him as well.

Why did everyone here suck the dick off of Nier Automatum? Same thing. Normalfags like simple, action packed games that make them feel like they are playing a movie. Fat smelly anti-social neckbeard weebs like games just because you can see a anime characters pants. It's really that simple.

Just grab a Zweihander and havels. Or go for light rolls. Congratulation the game is easy now.