I just finished this game. Easily in my top 10, but what the fuck were they thinking when they made that ending?

I just finished this game. Easily in my top 10, but what the fuck were they thinking when they made that ending?

I don't know if this is the best or worst ending of all time but I was laughing for a good 5 minutes.

I pissed myself laughing when i saw this:

They ran out of money and time, so they just went with a gag ending.

At least post a real gore pic for fucks sake, that's just weak

What are you trying to gain posting this.

that's how SS2 should have ended

I've never seen it before but surely there's Rule 34 of Shodan out there somewhere?

They're just aping Cape Fear with that scene.

They probably ran out of money and couldn't make anything fancy. Most of the latter half of the game goes to shit as well. Real shame because I honestly love SS2 to bits despite its flaws.

what the fuck? I was just searching for this very clip but as an mp4 with sound for something I wanted to make, do you happen to have it?

I'd rather she inhabited one of them cyborgs, or even a protocol droid.

It's too early for this user

the game really falls apart after the big corny shodan reveal (oooh so revealing she's on the fucking front cover fuck off), from there it gets a bit too padded fetch questy and the weak combat really shines through once you have powerful weapons and a few Anti-Personnel bullets in your inventory. the grenade launcher is also a good idea for further trivializing things. The enemies just aren't tough and the high tier annelids are shit.

also the rickenbacker was a mess of missed potential. Absolute shit egg hunting segment that brought me back to my awful childhood easter celebrations

All Shodan does in this game is serve as your main giver of cyber modules. She played a bigger role and actually had purpose in the first game. SS2 could have worked just as well without her, and I think all she was there for was to appease fans of the first game. The final cutscene where you regain control of the Von Braun could have played right after you kill The Many.

that's kinda funny I guess.

Does anyone know how cybermodules even work? They come in both physical and digital formats, but for some reason SHODAN won't give you an infinite (or very sizable) quantity of them even though they're digital. What do cybermodules even do? Why are there upgrade stations everywhere which accept cybermodules, but nobody ever seems to acknowledge them on the audio logs? What are cybermodules even for?

Fucking ADAM in Bioshock and Neuromods in Prey made more sense than this.

You mean, easily worst game ever made. Respawning bullshit enemies, some even spawn in your face. Some enemies can't even die completely and revive themselves after 10+ seconds. This might have been because of coop but this game is far from good in context of that.

Still better lore than Bioshock Infinite, which retroactively ruined Bioshock 1 & 2 for me. They better not fuck up SS3 with the same fluff. Imagine Booker and Elizabeth coming in from a reality tear to help you fight Shodan. *shudder*

Probably because System Shock 2 was already in production as a spiritual successor when EA told LGS to write SHODAN into the game. She's probably my favorite vidya antagonist, but she's definitely a million times better in the original game.

The respawning enemies are easy and won't make you waste ammo as long as you have a wrench and decent points in strength. You can also avoid them or do death runs if you've got the respawners activated. On Hard or Impossible though I can see why they might be annoying. At least they drop useful items, especially the ones with grenades.

You mean the swarms of flies? Just destroy the eggs they hatch from. The mutants in SS1 do revive though. There's probably a mod to disable it.

The flying jellyfish at the end-game flesh levels, they turn invisible on death and show up again 5 seconds after.
Not to mention the cheese positioned turrets in the game that is deliberately placed just right to hit you once or twice turning a corner.

Is there a way to pick up items in SS1 without having to drag them over to the inventory? If I could just get rid of that pointless tedium, I wouldn't have a problem with anything in the game, except my shitty stuttering midi player.

Anyway, I don't expect them to do anything as silly with SS3 because at least Levine isn't involved. He's a fucking hack who got way more credit for SS2 than he deserves, with LGS doing the brunt of the work on that game. It's no coincidence there's a noticeable decline in quality at the point of the game where LGS was on its last legs, and Irrational Games had to take over most of the work.

Nope. We can only hope Nightdive delivers on their promise of releasing the game's source code, so the community can deliver a better remake than they could've ever shat out. E.g. the original game but with a touched up control scheme.

You have to destroy their host brains (usually nearby) then kill them again, and they won't come back.

There's only one of them you have to kill and the rest (at The Many level) you can just run passed.

9th grader detected

what kind of stupid fucking AI that's been so notorious that in-universe NPCs can write in blood "REMEMBER CITADEL" that it would choose to assume that same identity 40 years after its first attack instead of a new one. I read an article back in like 2009 lamenting a possible system shock 3, saying don't bother, let shodan rest because after system shock 2 if you're fighting the same villain a third time it's just showing you thrice how ineffective she is therefore how unintimidating she is.

SS2 is such a mess it's a miracle Holla Forums gives it a pass so often.

Did you even play System Shock 2?

weren't we all a little like that then though?

Fuck, I don't have it installed anymore to try. I don't want to install it again because there's no way I'm not going to get hooked.

As far as I had heard they had the code locked down hard. When did they say this and where? I find it hard to believe!

It's a megalomaniac you fucking dunce. That's its fatal flaw and the core of its personality.

They announced it on their twitter page, but that was right after announcing the remake was put on hiatus, so they might've just been trying to damage control a little. I sure as fuck wouldn't take their word on anything after that stunt they pulled.

I'd be more surprised if someone here hasn't. I'm well aware of how the entire games premise is an offshoot of a retconned plothole from the first.

it's a bad character and an ineffective one at that

You're a bad character and an ineffective one at that.

System Shock 1 is overrated and entirely about style over substance with some horrid gameplay that doesn't hold up and beepity boppity music that sounds awful with any soundfont, haven't played SS2 yet but I don't expect much else.

This game is heavily unforgiving for the newcomers.

How so?

Well basically the game practically shows you how to control the game and what to do, whereas in the original (which is a much better game imo) has you figure shit out on your own like a real man. SS1 had a way of respecting the player's intelligence by giving them god awful controls and just being generally annoying to play. System Shock 2 is baby's first FPS RPG in that respect. Don't understand why people on Holla Forums like it so much, it's such a shit game.

the literal first frame of the game in system shock 1 is the game vomiting all over your HUD telling you exactly what everything is. It's flat out handholding, and remarkably clumsy.

Wow, that's actually quite an excellent point. Could we have been wrong this entire about the System Shock series? I only just recently found out that System Shock 2 is irredeemable garbage, but are you telling me System Shock 1 is, too? I may have to reevaluate those games in due time.

No, they're both fine just have a few glaring flaws.

For most people that's the only SS game they played.

This is good bait.

There's not much art of SS2 period

They had an incredibly small team and nowhere near enough time to finish it off properly.

Take a warm bath and open up your femoral artery.

I agree. I think it also sets a bad precedent for having shodan simply because it's a system shock game. I played SS2 for the first time a year ago, and was surprised to see her.

Why do you talk about games that you clearly never played?

I think it's more likely that he tried booting it up, couldn't get past the first hour of gameplay/aged graphics/controls, and is calling it shit to compensate for personal failings.
Probably also underage. He writes like a high schooler.

Reddit didn't invent emoting over text, fam. I could tell you I've browsed chans since the Habbo Hotel raids but here's what I'm sure you'd rather hear: You are sooo fucking cool.

get out

Just leave.

but I'M ONE OF YOU GUYS! what do I have to do to prove it, do I have to post my whole memes folder? I even have some really ancient memes like shoop the whoop lol bet you kiddos don't even remember that

Hey guys, what's going on in this-

I SAID JUST WALK AWAY!

Fuck did Candlejack get y

A nurse is fine too.

Love that meme

Is this a Xavier: Renegade Angel reference?

They contracted out the cutscenes to some other team or studio, who accidentally used an old and incorrect version of the script. By the time the final cutscene was delivered to them it was too late to redo it, so they scraped that together at the very last second.

Dan Thron wasn't external. Irrational just sent out the wrong script and never checked up with Thron.

lol idiot. you just said candelja

No really, fuck off and kill yourself.
>>>/reddit/
>>>/somethingawful/

Why even make these posts. They're not funny and don't even have a point.

Stop with these stale memes. Candlejack doesn

Pretty much "the artist did fucking what?" and "oh shit, we don't have time to change this before it ships."

Did thomeone thay
EGG HUNT?

I heard two different teams worked on this and there was some tension, so it may have been a middle finger to the other team.

Terra Nova SFC is the true sequel, not this Dark Engine piece of shit.

Required PC videogames you have to play before being able to post on Holla Forums
What am I missing?

So is this an edit or are you going to post source?

but Terra Nova is an action-packed open world mission-based FPS with squad tactics and regenerating shields in which you oppose a hegemonic government, not a mazelike survival and isolation based game about countering an evil AI

Original X-com

Dungeon Keeper

also
for what purpose

I only played DOOM and HL, fite me

Agreed
System Shock 1 is more essential
Agreed
Thief 2 as well
Agreed, but throw in Opposing Force too
Eh, there are other adventure games I'd say are more essential, like the Monkey Island games or Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Really there are a ton of old Lucas Arts and Sierra games I'd put above Grim Fandango. Just go with Blade Runner since that's the only one all autists can agree is good.
Agreed
Wizardry 8, Postal 2, Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, Total Annihilation, Jagged Alliance 2, and maybe Ultima Underworld or Arx Fatalis.

I'd also say add Morrowind or Daggerfall, but that will send certain people into a tism fit.