Mabinogi Private Server: Gangster Computer God Edition

Mabinogi is one of those few MMOs that did it right by not following in WoW's footsteps. This private server is a version of that game before Nexon came in and fucked that all up. Here is just some of what this game has to offer:

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Part-time_Jobs
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Darkness-Hoarding_Lich
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Unrestricted_Dungeon_Pass
musicalnexus.net/4-person-ensembles/anime/evangelion-komm-susser-tod-r86/
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Potion_Making_List
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Category:Cooking_Lists
mabinogi.ir/thread/1284-tutorial-modded-metallurgy-spots-to-show-name
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Studying_the_Giant_Stone_Statue
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Farming
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/index.php?title=Mixing_List&oldid=303087
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Adventurer_Seal
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Seal_Merchant
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Skill_Training_Seal_(5)
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Guardian_Soul_Stone
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Enthralling_Performance
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Wolf#Fenrir
pro.mabibase.com/item/40974
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fomor Scrolls. Mimics drop their scrolls at higher rates than other mobs drop their fomor scrolls, and the quest for mimic scrolls rewards 12000g in this server. Mimics can be found in dungeons of all kinds, but for beginners, Ciar dungeon is easier to get through than most of the other dungeons, and Randal can give you a Ciar Beginner Pass if Ciar Normal is still too tough for your CP. Fomor scroll quests are sold by Duncan in Tir Chonaill If you grow weary of dungeoneering, you can ask NPCs around town for a part-time job. This server bumped their rewards up to 4x, so these jobs are actually worth doing. These are timed on the in-game clock, and need to be done withing a certain time window. Be sure to do jobs for the church for holy water. Blessed equipment doesn't drop if you're knocked unconscious. wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Part-time_Jobs
We do. It's called "Smug". You can find our guild stone high up on a hill behind the Dunbarton moon gate. We are currently working on expanding our maximum capacity, but feel free to sumbit your application and the leader will add you as soon as there is room. You can also post your IGN so we can add you to friends list.
Enemies will drop Red Fomorian Coins, which can be traded in for cash shop items at an NPC names Shyla, who can be found in every town.
Server rules allow people to have up to 3 accounts for the purposes of having alt-chatacters. I don't know what the penalty is for having more, but do so at your own risk.

I think I'll just give up on ice spear and ice spear page 2. It's pretty draining to be bummed out because I've got no way to reliably get it without horrid suffering.

if you haven't already get your bolts to be reliable before you start investing in intermediate magic

Yarr harr don't fucking steer.

swole giant is gonna save us all

It's already too late. I'm gonna go sleep on why I'm so useless, asking for help and being a leech is the worst feeling imaginable.

upset intensifies

No shame in asking for help. When you get strong enough you can make up for it by helping others.

and i am a fool again, it works if you login as the panda

What a load of shit.

You can, but only if the nickname is in all caps or the first letter is a number

That's what mabi is all about!

Asking for help and making friends is true strength
I feel like the other giant mage lurks these threads.

tfw you forget to give your pet a money bag

don't litter!

I may or may not.

Somewhere, a jew is weeping uncontrollably and he doesn't know why.

At least you got some.

I'd laugh at the thought if I weren't busy bench pressing the world.

Fuck off, Fearthainn.

How the fug do I into composing music? Where do I acquire the skill?

Either the bard in Emain, or the bookshop in Dunbarton sells the book for it. I think the general shop owner in MAY have it too.

Is anyone in need of thunder 2 or 5, or fireball 2, 6,7, or 8?

How long does it take to get to the head elf in Filia as a human starting in the Qilia base camp? Am I gonna have to grind for hours just to be strong enough to make the trip?
Also
Were any of the character creation options considered "premium"? I don't want to get jewed out of the fancy hairstyles.

I can take you straight to Filia via mana tunnel. Don't know about the premium/basic customization options though.

That's ((live)) mabinogi, run by jew Nexon and populated by deviant art abominations.
Here in private mabi, you get all the hairstyles from the start.
Also players look like actual adventurers who actually go on adventures and socialize rather than afk with gay ass wings.
It's fucking beautiful and what all mmos should aspire to be

Daily reminder: Exploration levels give AP as well.

I think you can contanetal warp right from the start. Then make your way to the port from bangore.

Reminder that you can get to lvl 30 exploration with just 30 minutes of your time by sketching the Arch Lich.

and elves can do it quick and easy without dying because they can turn invisible

The trip will take a while but luckily you have a horse. You won't come across anything you can't outrun so trip is safe.

Reminder that elves are tree fucking incestuous gangster communist scum; all of them will be chopped in the day of the lumber.

Well fuck me

Where you at on the map? I'll meet you half way.

I'm not that guy, I'm just envious of people who still have time left on their summons.

Some of us have 3+ pets by now so summon time isn't much of an issue.

50*

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Darkness-Hoarding_Lich

Good luck to humans and giants lmao
If you aren't an elf you'll need a friend for this quest for quick exploration exp. Heavily recommended to get exploration to lvl 50 every rebirth for that sweet AP.

I-I'm wrong right? I didn't walk all this way to find out no one connected bridge, right?

You have to use exploration to make them appear. You have l-rods on you?

Wiki says it's rank 8 enchantment. Do we have someone who can safely burn this?

nobody in-guild; you'll have to ask in global, there are probably a few kind people who would burn it, though i would say you may as well leave it for now. No use in burning it off and then not having anything to put it on; wait til you get an applicable r9 enchanted item.

Physis is bright.

I am so confused.

If you're in the tutorial zone you have to use the keyword to skip it.

Oh, ok. Is most of the dialog supposed to be in japanese?

A small portion is translated, but theres still quite a bit in moonrunes. Its enough to read quests, some of the lore, and to see what you're doing.

Walking to you, klenn.

I'm already in Filia, getting my free elf card after getting my free giant card. Forgot to do all that myself and the thread reminded me.

I haven't bothered to ask but now I'm too curious. They mention that they need translators, but can't they just copy the english from the nexon server? Or is all the npc dialogue, quest text, and books server side?

Well, guess I'm going to set myself up to afk fish in Emain Macha instead. If that guy who started in Qilla still wants a mana tunnel ferry to Filia, reply soon.

they also got shit that's exclusive to the japanese version that is in this private server, like Nekojima.

Yes please, ign is Chocotan no bully for nigress, she will just be my mule

Do you get exploration exp simply by sketching? Or is it part of a quest? Honestly never sketched anything apart from the beginner's tutorial quests

This has been my thoughts exactly, or at least translate the things they already know about like with shop keeper npcs

There are much better ways to get exploration exp, like rafting.

You get practically none from sketching, but you get exp from turning in the sketch.
21.2k exploration exp from the sketch arch lich quest, which you can do once per channel per ingame day.

Rafting, along with any other method, is literally nothing compared to the reward of sketching arch lich. It just comes at the cost of being harder and riskier for non-elves.

I've been running ciar and I haven't gotten a basic pass.

If you're having trouble getting it to drop and have 30k lying around, you can buy an unrestricted dungeon pass from Shyla
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Unrestricted_Dungeon_Pass

If you have 30000 g you can buy a unrestricted pass from shy.

I've removed the glow effect, how the hell do I get rid of this fucking wash stopping me from looking in one direction?

Theres a sunglare xml edit that remove that but I'm not finding it amongst all my mods. I'll try looking for it online.

musicalnexus.net/4-person-ensembles/anime/evangelion-komm-susser-tod-r86/

smug orchestra when?

Kowai~

Anyone interested in a ciar int run for 4? We need one more person.

we got someone

gonna do a dungeon run in Barri dungeon at Barri.
who's up for imp hunting?

it's just like my japanese Doujins!

fucking hell

just wait it out lel

Fucking hell first I'm accused of being an elf and now using windows 10.

It was a joke, just a ruse. I don't actually think you're an elf. I do think you watch rick and morty.

I wanted to play this, matter of fact I did, but I've never played the game before and I really don't know what to do with all this chink shit going around, I think I'm giving up.

youre just mad you cant FMS people

Kind of want to play this again but since I already have a character that has many years of progress on it in the main game, I think it wouldn't be as fun to start from scratch. Especially if there isn't a group of you going through the generations and dungeons together. Are a lot of you around the same levels?

Not in the guild but I have played with a few guys, as far as I can tell there's a lot of people in the 10-30 range. Personally I'm 25 and made the fool mistake of trying to start with magic.

Ahh, just rebirth into a warrior.

Too lazy, silly of you if you expected me to put any kind of effort I just want you to hold my hand and take me to the promised land tbh smh.

this was meant to reply to this

well better find a way to worm into the guild and start the ERP engine thatll drive you to victory; maybe music will help in some manner since that mostly involves standing in one place as far as i can tell

I was going to go get my elf card and try a ranger type. It's also hard since I've never played this game before so I have to learn everything with half the text being in this pagan astronaut moonrune language.

Trust me all that text doesn't matter.

All of us are in varying levels of progress. It feels like some have been playing long before the guild was made. You can usually recruit people you need for RP dungeons, even from global chat. The only snobbery I've come across from the wider community is a preference for disagreement. If you need help with anything, simply ask. I get the feeling people would rather do limited things with anyone than anything on their own.

I don't mind h-holding your hand, but don't expect to never be bullied for it.

I'll never understand the appeal of vaginal tearing

Come one, come all! You have heard of the impressive swordfish, yes? Well, this is an allusive, extremely rare ARROW fish! Wouldn't you like to partake of its flesh? Adorn it on a wall? Well, now you can! That's right go-ā€¦guy, for the low low price of only 100 Red Fomorian Coins!

Not really a huge fan of it myself but don't mind either.

You can't hide your shame.

I was wondering weather I should go with the dustin silver knight armor, or go full remove elf. I really like the cross pattern on the armor but I don't know which one looks better.

Bear witness to all pantsu.

How badly one will do if they don't read anything about the game or listen much to the thread at least in beggining?
Also, are there any tower shields in the game and besides that how well I can autism into fashion? I love customizing characters and their clothing, all thanks to souls games and Honey Select so I can't do well without looking nice.

Where's the 8th party member?

Any room in the guild yet? Wanna play but kinda bored doing it alone. Also have no clue what I am doing.

Round pauldron chain looks the best imo, especially if you go with that helmet.

This is why you don't post 4 hours before your normal waking time kids, my shame is immeasurable.
Go with the classic style, ring pauldron and the helmet. Then ally with giants and slay all the elves.

Closest you'll get is a kite shield. But list of options which I have no idea how to get most of: Bronze Shield, Hetero Kite Shield, Kite Shield, Shield of Avon, and Vales shield (Giant only)

1 out of every 8 Mabinogi players is gay.

Biggest shields belong to giants.
Ironically, humans/elves have the best fashion, but you can go full autismo when it comes to fashion. Either keep trying fixed dye gachas, or keep trying color palates on the regular dyes for the color schemes of your dreams.

What about equipment stats? can i be a fashionfag without sacrificing my stat efficiency?

There is a fashion tab. Not sure how these things work in the private server since they cost money in the main game.

Like 80% of all items have the same protection/defense values for their weight (Clothes, Light, and heavy armor) so yeah. Most stats come from enchants.

Two more to go!

Yes and no. Best defensive stats go to heavy armor, especially when upgraded. Clothes and Fine Clothes have a lot more variety, but have lower stats than light armor. you can wear two accessories with clothes, one with light armor, and none with heavy armor, which make up a bit defense, but don't compare to fully upgraded heavy You can wear a robe to cover armors you don't like. The "yes" comes from the fact that offense is the best defense in this game. I just got done killing a dungeon boss, 100-0, while I was in the deadly state, a "will to survive" condition that has you at negative HP and one hit from anything will kill you. The best stats come from upgrades and enchantments on your gear.
good fashion is expensive as hell, though. be ready for that

I'd still like to know hod badly one will do completly "on their own" without any external help.

A lot of quests don't show up in your quest log and require reading the dialogue, which would be completely fine if some of the shit you had to read wasn't in moon runes.

Pretty badly.
You'll run out of AP if you try to rank life skills enough to get top notch gear and reliably make essentials like bandages and potions. Even more if you try to cover weaknesses with other skill sets like alchemy or magic, and you just can't even attempt solo if you don't primarily focus melee.
Not to mention most gear building requires materials made with other life skills, meaning just to make some simple armor you'll need to invest in production mastery, refining, weaving, possibly handicraft, and blacksmith.
If you meant going by just learning from the game: Eh. Most mechanics are fine and only generation 1 quests tend to not have a quest log.

You actually can wear accessories when you level up the light/heavy armor mastery assuming the server is updated to the version within the past few years.

Yea I would suggest no one to rank up life skills actively unless you have a lot of time on your hands and don't mind grinding for materials. Most life skills are just for endgame min/maxing.

it's updated to around 2011.

I'd suggest production mastery just because how easy it is. Go to Tir, derank your skills, buy a fishing rod and go AFK. Pop in every few minutes and you'll be r1 production in no time.
Its a great way to pump your stam when you need it later and increase crafting chance. Plus all the fish can be trades for exploration EXP.
If you want you can invest into weaving/refining to get more dex, or take cooking to get better buff foods available. Weaving can grind via a pet sheep in the hot spring that heals you, infinite wool on an alt and transfer it over while you're next to a wheel.
Cooking you do mostly by books, but you can sell the food to people.

ahh, do Iria and Belvast exist? Probably not Belvast anyway

Iria does, its old and is terrible.
Seriously theres nothing really there and its only massive because they wanted to sell flying mounts back in the day, get a friend to ferry you to Vales and Filia for your cards and a few essential dungeon tunnels, and you'll never really need to come back.
I'm not kidding, the only main feature of the actual space is hosting rare field bosses and having really, REALLY spaced out mobs.

I'm soloing pretty hard, but i'm also getting loads of advice from the posts here. I'd probably putter about, probably leveling whatever i stumble across to a basic level and following quests for as i bumble across them, most notably the Hamlet and Alchemist quests.

It's satisfying to fill up a bag with ore in one sitting.

LOOK at the picture
SEE the SKULL
THE PART OF BONE REMOVED

Gameplay wise, yeah most of it doesnt. I feel sorry for the newfags playing though because theyre missing out on a pretty damn good storyline, as well as unique and interesting npcs that are more than just a face and a name.

I guess it can effect gameplay wise a bit in that youre not as invested in the generation quests since you dont know whats going on.

Let me tell you a story. The year was 2009, I see this game called mabinogi, looks pretty good. The Iria continent just game out so elves and giants were brand new, so I chose an elf still dont regret it, all other races cower before my alchemy and magic, also theyre not slow af. At first, I didnt even know about channels, so I didnt know to move to one that actually had players on it. I played alone on channel 5 for the most part, Id hardly see any other players. I also didnt know about rebirthing. I played for a good two months without rebirthing, trying to somehow level up on just armadillos, desert ghosts, and running that damn longa desert dungeon where the monsters only food waste and gold in amounts not exceeding 2g. To top that off, the game had *mini characters* turned on by default for me, which displayed every other character in a robe. Whenever I saw other players, they were all wearing bland and ugly robes and I mever thought to question it. Why was I the only one with a sense of fashion and uniqueness? Ot made me uneasy, perhaps there was something I didnt know. I bought that basic ugly robe and wore it all the time, only to later find out that it was I who had the terrible sense of fashion. I didnt have a pet so traveling was long and hard, any friends I made were brief as they were just waiting on the mana tunnels to open or were passing by to turn in a quest. I played this way for months, just wandering around Iria like a nomad. I wasnt leveling up, I was poor, I didnt have quests to do, there was nobody in the vast continent. I came upon the boat in port quilla, I thought I was going fishing at first, until it brought me to the original continent, to Uladh. I stepped off that boat and traveled north. The towns, particularly tir and dunbarton, had quite a few people in them. I had quest markers show up. I suddenly had things to do and people to talk with. I learned about all the various ins and outs, all the content, everything I was missing out on. The fuck was I playing before. Still though, I was a help to my friends when it came to Iria. I was the one that knew everything suddenly, this land was, afterall, my only friend for quite a long time.

tldr

Can we get the games armor and weapons though? I want to be bad ass again with my Dark Knight armor

Iria is empty, missed most of the game.

Do you mean to ask if transformations are available? Plenty of people have theirs already. You can either do the generation quests for them or skip them after your character is one real week old to get side quests for them instead.

I like your story, user. If I was an authorfag, I'd make it the premise of a story. Just imagine it.

Yeah. Look you're going to die in mabinogi, protection and defense might save you but you'll still die a lot in the beginning. So just pick what suits you.

Can always compromise for fashion and defense/protection by wearing a nice robe.

ha ha what is it like?
Does any one want to find out, ha ha?

Most heavy armor and helmets look really cool though. I wish elves got to wear fully closed helmets.

Not even with a rented bipennis.

Does anyone want to do ciar in a bit? Since it seems we have a lot new players I want to extend a hand to help.

Also I want to make money.

PROTEIN

I like you.

enjoy being a fatass

You're gonna give yourself a heart attack, man.

I'll go because I want to make money too

we bigfoot now

It's like I'm seeing double

There's a couple closed helms for that elves can wear. Bone marine, tara infantry, iron mask, guardian, and cat.

Also

I will try out this MMO. How does this compare to FF11 which I never played and Oldschool Runescape?

Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.

Looks like a PSX game, you can learn petty much all the skils available for your race and you need to be meta AF, otherwise you'll suck until you git gud

And you will never EVER have enough inventory slots

ļ¼Øļ¼©ļ¼Œć€€ļ¼©ć€€ļ¼”ļ¼­ć€€ļ¼­ļ¼©ļ¼¬ļ¼¬ļ¼„ļ¼“ļ¼©ļ¼”ļ¼®ć€€ļ¼¢ļ¼Æļ¼¤ļ¼¹ć€€ļ¼¢ļ¼µļ¼©ļ¼¬ļ¼¤ļ¼„ļ¼²ć€€ļ¼¦ļ¼²ļ¼Æļ¼­ć€€ļ¼Øļ¼”ļ¼“ļ¼„ļ¼£ļ¼Øļ¼”ļ¼®

Translation: It looks worse that XI and can be way more grindy that Runescape and Tibia together due not really having a level capā€¦ and your skills rank up by using them.

The only thing left for you is to get a red martial arts uniform, knuckles and become the joke of the server

I can't handle this purity.

Wew.

joke of a saviour

I made a knife eared forest squatter. Where are all my friends?

You made an elf, what friends?

Anyone available to help me with the rp dungeon?

Which one?

Alby

So I beat the first dungeon and got to the wolf slaying quest. I was trapped with the sheep so I used continent warp and now I'm in some tropical island. That was fun. Smash is my best friend.

I'll head on over. Gonna be a bit since I'm in Emain right now.

On my way Mr. Dubs

Got 3 for the rp now, thanks.

The second I enter the dungeon I see this.

They give you a wing of the goddess to get out, I didn't know that either until I checked by bags later after logging out to escape. One of the few instances of not having a translation hinders you.

My character screen is bugged my luck is actually -142

Nah, there's an incredibly rare armor set of the same name but it's gacha exclusive but looks amazing, especially if you pair it with the Tethra sword

I will stare at this rooster until someone wants to do something.

Does this is gamegaurd?

Woah I just saw you earlier today Adolf, I'm memetic I'll shoot you a request if I run by you again.

Tried to join smug but it's full, so I fucked off instead. Is there an alt guild? Pretty fun game so far.

No alt guild, just gotta wait til the member cap gets expanded.

>we had those on heRO and it was a great big mess
no alt guilds, we're working hard towards the next expansion so hang tight and add people from the thread to message them in game or just follow the thread

Okay thanks. Is there a place people meet up, like a tavern?

Well, a lot of us Smuggers seem to dawdle around Tir Chonaill. I see a few near Dunbarton too.

could you have said that any more drunkenly?

Fucking hell, I got dc Nikui sorry for that.

It's fine. I tried to Phoenix Down you twice but it wasn't working. You did give me 4 levels. I think I'll take a break. I made my free horse too.

Out of curiosity, what was the community like before we came in here? Is it full of tumblrfags like live? Is halfchan even aware of this?

Looks mostly like normalfags, have yet to see anything else.

The community seems pretty mature from what I've seen, and there have been a few people that browse this website playing for quite a while already. The GMs actually play the game and hang around in town to talk to people, it's pretty neat.

DAMN YOU, DAMN YOU AND YOUR MONEY
I' wanted to play today

R.I.P.

Here lies user, destined to always get cock workblocked from playing Mabinogi

Meanwhile i'm on limbo until someone figure out how can i open the game window instead of getting errorblocked

double nigger

Choco elfs are CUTE!

user.
That's a guy.

ahahaha
hahaha
=AHAHAHAHAHA=

newfags can't redtext in excitement

Maybe hes never been excited before and doesnt know how to express it in glorious red text.

What's worse, a chocolate elf or a chocolate wanko

nigger, that's me.

I swear it's always either a MOBA, MMO, or mobile game that has cute kemo characters.

I was gonna play an elf but I honestly like the design of this half-assed Chocotan gijinka I made as a joke better than the elf I came up with. I'll give her another shot if you join so I'm not the only kemonofag getting bullied.
Your options are pretty limited though, this (animal face decal pasted on the long nosed human face) is about as close to a snout as you can get. There are a few catgirl mouths but that doesn't help you. There's a decent variety of eye shapes at least.
And I feel you but MMOs are fun if you play them with friends or make friends through them, and this one seems to have some interesting systems that set it apart from the WoW clones.

That image is interesting on a purely scientific level. Please, I need it for research.

lol fags

I used to use that face on the live server until they started coming out with animal ears and tails. Quickly distanced myself from all the furries.

Do you think love can bloom on the battlefield?
This is actually the worst shitpost I've done so far.

The only MMO I've ever gotten into wasn't a real MMO. I just find click combat very boring. I might try this though if I ever get around to it.

Just made a fresh character.
Add me, anons.
IGN: Aurous

But you look like a little poofter.

Might as well post my name(s) if anyone wants to add me.

It's probably for the best if those aren't available here.

I've only been playing for a few hours but combat seems more involved than most MMOs. Getting hit causes extreme knockback, so you can't just tank hits while spamming skills, you have to time your defend and counter skills to stay alive. There's some risk and reward in whether you think you have time to get another hit in before you put your guard up, and you can't just stand around defending either because that burns through your stamina quickly.

There's also a ton of variety in the non-combat "life skills," the coolest of which is the ability to compose music in MML (text language for composing music that dates back to the 80s when it was included on the BASIC ROM of Japanese microcomputers) and have characters perform it for you in game. There's also a visual chat system that you can use to doodle or shitpost with converted images.

Not holding my breath but let me know in the thread if you decide to give it a shot.

user, please. I look great in purple.

Oh shit. My loli's legs got thinner and their torso grew. It creeped me out.

This game could use some fast travel. Is lv 15 high enough for Dunberg?

As far as I can tell it doesn't really matter. I went from level 1 to level 18 on my elf working in the coal mines at Bangor and the mobs were never particularly overwhelming.

So who is willing to take up the mantle of being the designated Yukari for this server?

Yeah food can effect three things: your upper body weight, your lower body weight, and fatness. As long as you know what to eat, you can maintain a perfect thiccness ratio. Also there is fast travel, by way of moon gates in Uladh and mana tunnels in Iria. Moon gates work at night and mana tunnels during the day. You must have discovered discovered a gate first before you can travel to it from another.

A beautiful body is a must! in order to achieve this, you need a balanced diet. If you eat fruits such as apples and wild berries, your body will slim down. Gathering fruits from trees is also great exercise. How perfect!

That ruin the point of mounts, and planning.

Try potatoes and apples for thicc thigh loli

And also meeting people on the way to different places.

Running into other players waiting for gates to open is super comfy. Pop out a campfire, chill, chat, and play music.

Pushing children to the limit of industrial slavery.

Moon gates only go to one place* at a time, but you can use it without having touched it; the mana tunnels can go to any location, but you have to have activated it once to go there. There are warp items you can buy form Shyla, but i never used them and i don't know if they only go to one place depending on where you buy it or everywhere. If you're stuck somewhere without anything to do and you're too lazy to walk, you could do the Hamlet novel or warp continents and fuss around there for a while.

*On the official server, the moon gates work all the time and go anywhere; never played official myself, though, so i'm not sure of the fine details.

I only eat eggs when i'm hungry, and i'm thin as a rail. Which suits me fine, but still.

Any smugs want to show a semi-new shit the ropes? I played a bit already but not sure what to do next.

How do you get a sit emote?

Just use the "Rest" Skill.

You all look comfy as fuck. What MMOs should strive for.

I think I saw a Moon gate once which are those stonehenge things. I don't know about mana tunnels. I will run into those eventually. I'm playing a human for that second character slot but I doubt I'll play enough to make use of it.

This is how you improve your archery?

Last time I played live, the moon gates still only functioned at night although you could take them anywhere. Did those faggots really make MOON gates work in the daytime?

Yes, unfortunately

You need to have firewood for that right? I'll buy an axe next time I'm in town, thanks.

What? No, that's the campfire skill.

Yep, same for mana tunnels. Doesn't make sense lore wise since moon gates function off of the mana in the air from Ladeca while mana tunnels solar powered soak up the energy from the sun Palala.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was a story related like elves and giants becoming friends to fight together. Elves and Giants don't get killed when going to the others city anymore by the guards. smuggling in giants to an elf marriage was always fun. But with the gates they just changed it all of a sudden for that gotta go fast and no waiting gameplay.

i forgot the mini skeletons even existed, it's been so long since i saw them

Yeah I'm just being retarded

So could I potentially avoid combat for the most part and just be a merchant or potion seller then?
embed because I lost my webm of it

potion seller is a proud and noble profession in this game, you'd still need some combat

I believe so.
There's also an entire line of combat alchemy skills.

How?

There's no source of better potions if you're not a potion maker currently. Someone could probably make some decent dosh if they sold it at high prices in Dunbarton square.

list of life skills and closely related: Barrier Spikes, Blacksmithing, Campfire, Carpentry, Music Composing, Cooking, Enchanting, Farming, First Aid, Fishing, Fragmentation, Handicraft, Mana Crystallization, Metal Conversion, Metallurgy, Mining, Playing Instrument, Potion Making, Rain Casting, Refining, Synthesis, Tailoring, and Weaving

Technically you can do all of this without fighting once in the game. But life skills are for when you're taking a break from combat skills. It would be dull to do just life skills just as it would be dull to do just combat. Masters in any of these professions is highly sought after, especially in a low population server

meant for

Knowing this makes me actually want to try it. Is cooking any good or just stick with potions?

I couldn't say, someone else might have the answer.

How much does it cost to upgrade the guild? I'd be willing to donate.

We need guild points not gold to upgrade.

upgrading the guild requires both Guild Points and gold. The gold cost is of no consequence. What we need is GP from people logging in, leveling up, and staying logged in.

And for the people in the guild already, don't forget to dump off your GP at the guild stone every once in a while so we can get an accurate measurement of how close we are to the next expansion

They serve different purposes. Cooking gives temporary stat boosts, potions are mostly for healing/mana/stamina recovery in battle.
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Potion_Making_List
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Category:Cooking_Lists

Pic related

make a small snack for adventurers to gather their bearings and prepare for the deeper depths while washing it down with potions.
while that, the designated healer heals wounds and the bard plays comfy music.

We are going to be waiting awhile, aren't we?

Not if my math is correct/if those figures are accurate for the version we're playing.

I think we're at Advanced right now, correct? With 20 members, each is responsible for bringing at least 350 GP in. I got from level 1 to 22 in around 4 to 5 hours last night as a clueless newfag, which would have brought in around 140 GP (110 from levels, 30~ from game time) had I been in the guild. If everyone could maintain that pace (I don't know how much leveling slows down the higher you get), we could reach Great status in 3 days.

With that in mind, it probably makes sense to temporarily eject anyone that isn't playing daily in favor of dedicated NEETs and potentially even newfags that can grind GP from leveling up quickly (creating alts just to grind GP is another option). We should be able to hit Great status this way before the weekend, at which point you can give the oldfags their spots back and, judging by the number of UIDs in this thread, have enough space for anyone that wants to play semi-regularly.

By the same token, Grand would only require 400 GP per player of a maxed out Great guild. If we could just get the guild to Great by friday, we could probably get most of the way to Grand by the end of the weekend. Then there would be more than enough spaces for newfags and occasional players alike and nobody would have to worry about this ever again.

the gp needed is double what's on the chart

The chart in the image you posted isn't accurate, we need double the amount of GP as listed.
Currently we're sitting at 4863/14000 GP

that means we could reach our goal if all 20 players if they all put in about 240 hours in game.
if we could get the average time our average guild member plays, we could guess how long it can take for the next upgrade.
doubly so if we know how much bonus GP is gained from leveling up, doing quests, etc.
I haven't actually done math past algebra 2 for years now so my math might be wrong

Are there any prerequisites for the "Secret of the Snowman" quest? I see the icon over the old man but the quest isn't in my quest log.

Shit.
That should still be very doable before the weekend is over if you are willing to do what I suggested.
>If you leave your guild, you cannot join a different guild for an entire week, real-time, after the date you originally joined the first guild.
So anyone that has been in the guild for more than 4 days shouldn't have any problem rejoining.

Grand is going to take a lot longer at 800 GP per member, but it will be less of a headache since most of our playerbase should fit into 50 members so you wouldn't have to do gymnastics rotating players in and out.

It shouldn't need anywhere near that much time if you get 5 GP per level up as the wiki says (someone in the guild can verify this). My rate (which is both low because I was a clueless newfag, and high because I assume you lower more slowly later in the game) was around 30 GP per hour.
9000 GP 'til Great / 30 GP an hour = 300 hours, / 20 players = just 15 hours per player
40000 GP 'til Grand / 30 GP an hour = 1333 hours, / 50 players = just under 27 hours per player

The quest marker doesn't point you where you actually need to go. After you speak with Duncan, just head to Sidhe Sneacha and start smacking the snowman on the dark gray mound.

I didn't include leveling into the equation, sorry.

Just learning the gathering skill is annoying, according to the wiki you have to do a part time job 10 times. Sadly the npc that gives the job only speaks moon, so I have no idea how to get it.

if they don't give it to you, that means it's not recruiting time. look for any nearby signposts, it will say their recruiting time.
you can see the ingame clock by pressing "o"

Not wanting to fill every breed-able hole without caring about the appearance

Official server tried to become casual by turning AFK events into forced to pay attention to your character fishing or standing iddle for 30 minutes to an hour, or more like at the moment just spamming pet commands every minute for at least 40 minutes

They also have a book for newbies that will let you teleport to any place even if you don't know it first and a second system that also does the same while keeping track of other miscelaneous stuff, except that this time, non-newbies can use it for a fee.

Also to never finish ptj before the cashing in hour otherwise they take it as you forfeiting.

I wonder how many people got the title "The Busy"
By doing 3 ptj in a single day

Is always adviced to deal with the skills that will become a major pain as you get stronger, then you levl up the life skills of your choice until you reach kind of a stalemate or you need to buy manuals/patterns to keep ranking them up, then you get better at other combat skills to self-found yourself

Am I missing something or is it RNG? I'm using the wiki's ratios so that might be wrong for this server.

Iirc trembling affects greatly if it's a success or a faiure, i think either there was a revamp or probably the ace's talent (Culinary Artist's) Tasting skill that helps a ton while cooking

This game looks fun

Can i play as a pet class?

Alchemists can bring out golems to control.

lewdbanogi

If you got a pet then you can use it to play instead of your character, but it sucks, you can't teleport, otherwise you'll most likely be warped to Ceo Island, skills are genericā€¦ to say the leastā€¦ and you got a timer of how many minutes left before you cannot play or summon your pet until the next day.

Another successful dungeon.

Degenerate Knife Sharpener.

An embarrassment to all giants.

GIRLS CAN'T LOVE OTHER GIRLS
STAHP

N-no, stop! I'm a virgin!

Get dexterity. Dex makes it wobble less so you can get more accurate results. Also I would recommend looking up "Cooking Brownie" really cool interface for cooking, makes it incredibly easy to get it all right.

giants are the only characters that look normal

I always said the reason giants look good is because they look like actual humans. The humans look like a semi-chibi. Who knows what elves look like, they're always fucking hiding like pussies.

Also, if any of you are in need of gems, ask me for what I have, I'll be metallurging for a while.

IGN: Valeriks

That's hot. Got any more?

Neat

I want them but could never afford them.

Have a look at this
mabinogi.ir/thread/1284-tutorial-modded-metallurgy-spots-to-show-name
It makes seeing the sparkly spots during day time (especially the ones in water) much easier to see.

You should get a spirit weapon and feed them to it.

Any idea if egos have different rates on this server? They were such a waste of potential on live.

I just want an excuse to look at my lewd blunt ego.

No idea. From what I remember though there were a few egos that were worth it in the long run for utilities sake. Like a tower cylinder I think has an elemental cap that you can't get on anything but an ego and bows/firewands I think can be useful to save durability on your main weapons.

If you make a 2handed spirit you're dumb.
You can very easily hit very high damage numbers through enchanting 2handed weapons, while there is no way you could ever get as high as you can get with a 1 handed spirit through enchanting.

Assuming you didn't get one smithed and were using a base Broad Axe, you can upgrade it so it's 16-116 damage, blue step upgrade (step3) to make it 26-137, and then hit it with Demi lich Crocodile to make it 26-186

Assuming you didn't get one smithed and were using a base Broad Axe, you can upgrade it so it's 16-116 damage, blue step upgrade (step3) to make it 26-137, and then hit it with Demilich Crocodile to make it 26-186

If you were to make a spirit broad axe, it would take you till all stats 44 to hit the same amount of max damage. The kicker? An iron mace at all 44 does 14-158 damage, but you can have something in your off hand (an upgraded iron mace for beefier windmills, a vales shield to tank fucking everything) and of course you give up any weapon/shield enchants by having a 2 handed spirit.

Have some gold ore and ingots if anyone wants/needs them.
Probably just going to make a bunch of shields if nobody takes the iron ingots.
Also have way too much fucking cheese, my poor cat is carrying most of it

Giants look like humans of around 20 y/o and up, humans look like teens and elves look like neoteny-esque teens

There's external tools just for that. Just drag one of these over the cooking ui to be lined up. One is a ruler, the other marks ratio.

#F!BfwQlbYQ!TpzcvvSIIofoaCXHwdxHzA

Giants actually used to look like shit. They just had a giant renewal update around the time this server leaked that improved the giants look. So I guess you could say giants are the newest model?

I didn't thought there was a giant renewal previous to the one they had last year

Also, i think that the newest models are saga Ruairi, Tarlach Macha and the newst character, an ex-ace

where

Rundal dungeon drop. I think you can also buy them for 80k from a qilla camp merchant

Looking for a grey or dark grey dye for clothes. Here's the dyes I have for exchange. Note only the first 4 on top are trade-able so if you want one of the colors below you'll have to give me the item you want dyed. IGN Profans

I'll have you know, I'm not a giant. I'm merely a tall human, please stop calling me a fomor.

I don't think anyone's going to get this joke.

I do

god dammit

Any girls (male) want this? I found it on the ground in dunby.

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Studying_the_Giant_Stone_Statue

I'll take it
IGN IS Araceli

I'll take it. Send it to Shizu.

send it to shizu instead of me.

appreciate it, m8

You can also check your character sheet keywords.

Alright, sent.

Thanks man, now all I need is a good green dye (which I think I have), some glasses, and something that will pass as thigh-highs.

your best option is to get some boots.
as most thigh highs that I know of come in the main clothes.

Anyone want to do Ciar Beginner?

Count me in.
t. Adolf

If you still got them, send the iron to Nyl. Sadly can't use the rest yet

the virgin miku

The Chad Composer

Here is your order of wingless champions, sir.

i knew you were going to do this

This information is false/too new.
Current requirements are 14,000GP and 350,000 gold. That's not even a lot of gold for a single person if they've been playing for a good while. Really, if everyone just dropped 20-40k gold, that goal would be met instantly. Most of Shyla's items cost more than 20-40k.

I've been saving every penny i get for some armor, but i can throw 200k your way if you want just to meet the damn requirements.

save your money, fool. this kind of money can be made in mere hours if necessary by autistically grinding PQs. without 14k GP, there's not even a point

o-oh, ok

Does it keep building up or is there a limit to how much you can earn

I have no idea. I've been dumping GP regularly, so the most I've ever dumped is 110.

For those who don't know. Go to tailteann and lease farmland for just 30k. You can grow crops during the week and sell them when theyre done. Can make 400k to 1m if you take care of your tender crops.

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Farming

afaik theres no limit, Ive had up to 15k at once on the live server

My character is filling out quite nicely.
Bless this game.

Holy shit. Noblemen swerve, I know what I'm doing once I'm done with the refining grind.

the best way to get thig is to eat cheese wheels.
also I'm going to do G1 rp dungeon and we need one more, who's able at the moment?

I'll go, which rp?

There's more than one G1 memory/rp dungeon. Where you at?

I ate four or five of them all at once, along with some meat. On top of my consistent potion-usage.

Anyone up for Ciar Basic?

first rp dungeon

FUCK

FUCK x2

it's fine, turns out I was dong thewrong quest line

oh well then I'll go to ciar basic

I'll summon you tell me your ign

Criceto

Just killing monster around Dragon Digsite. I failed to find the mines.

head further south into Bangor. There will be Barri dungeon, with all the ore deposits. Bring a pickaxe, and lots of bag space

At Ciar rn, if anyone's still in the area.

Been playing for a while and I've been trying to complete the first couple of quests they give. I'm still doing it cause my internet crapped out and I had to spend almost two weeks with no net
add me as a friend until the guild is fixed, I"m madea

Anyone able to take me to tnn or want to do the first G1 rp dungeon? Has anyone skipped it are you still able to get to tnn for training?

I can take you to TNN and help you out with the memory dungeon. I'll be there after I finish up my healer's house ptj.

Farmer Aristrea, tending to crops

at alby or the bangor?

Your Alby RP dungeon first, and then I can take you to TNN. Unless you're just skipping G1?

well i would skip it but I don't know if skipping it still gives you the keyword to get to tnn so I guess alby is cool

Whelp guess I'm softlocked out of the game for now.

I'm at alby now btw

tags: impregnation, unbirth, mind_break, incest, orgy, Rat_man, hand_holding making_a_happy_half-breed_monster_family_in_a_dungeon

It takes about 10 min more or less, too much experience with it because of shitty dynamic ip.

someday i'll get enough dex to use these broadswords i've been picking up from monsters, but this isn't bad.

Does guzzling down potions really make you get fatter? Because my legs are still getting THICC despite eating the minimum to keep stamina up, I however drink down potions like a mad cunt from using windmill all the time.

forget pic

I chug pots too, but I'm a stick figure whenever we don't eat around the campfire.

Only food changes your weight in any way. You can get potion poisoning though.

Try watching what you eat at campfires maybe :^)

Most food increases weight no matter how little you eat. Eat rice pumpkins and berries to lose weight, or you can take a trip to the zardine hot springs and afk as the fat melts away.

Played around with animation swapping today

oy vey

i still can't read nip that well

i made character, ive already been drive-by violated.

IGN faget

how do I join the kool kids klub?

Surprisingly comfy

Who wants to grind endlessly for these?
Oh I feel like a monster for even asking.

Any tips on inventory management? It's starting to get old reorganizing my bags after every dungeon. I hate the bank since they take a fee depending on what you move or how much gold you take. My steed keeps all of my Life tools. Malcom doesn't sell rods. Unless, there's a scroll bar I'm missing. That fucking prick.

how do you grind for them?

What are you even complaining about if your inventory is that empty?

Get more pets for more inventory space, you won't be filling up that quickly anyway even if you keep every fomor scroll that drops.

I have a mighty need for this. How much will I suffer though?

Its a special kind of hell, You have to mine in a sulfur pit, which poisons you and you're surrounded by sulfur golems that argo you from across the pit. Then you have to clean up the sulfur fossil being careful not to screw it up. You need a steady hand to do it.
it wasn't worth it, I got one in the color that I wanted on the official servers. It looks cute and makes you immune to the sulfur pit poison

that sounds pretty miserable
but it's pretty damned cute. I kind of still want it

Well time to buy another one. I expected to, anyway.

That poor loli is starving. Someone get her a cheese wheel.

I had some things to take care of, sorry. Just got back.

So when you reach max age is there any reason not to just rebirth? Thinking I should.

I know there are certain titles after you exceed certain age milestones (like 50 years, etc.)

You have to suffer greatly.

let me fucking post.

wew

he does sell fishing rods on the second page of his first tab cunt

user please lrn2webm
google "normalize audio" while you're at it

Found the bunny girls

just mail it to me when you're done or back on or whatever.

For some reason whenever I make a video it's over 50mbs, and I can't upload anything over 10mb without fucking getting 2000 ping.
Truth be told, I made this bad on purpose getting tired of failed uploads having 2000 ping in game.

Here's an actual attempt with more patience.

Still shit I admit.

That quest is AIDS and took me around 3 hours.
Also good luck on the next part, that dungeon is hard as shit. I attempted it with 2 others and still gave up.
Don't forget to buy a wing off the old guy to easily come back

Sorry mate, will do. And thanks again for the tutoring.

What do you make webms with? Whatever it is, learn how to normalize audio in it (not hard, just one box to check or flag to set) so your webms are audible to human ears.

How the FUCK does cooking work?
I've tried "mixing" all sorts of shit like a strawberry and an apple, or meat and salt, and various other things and can't get shit made.

this doesn't seem all that bad.
also your webm a shit

Bored punching things alone. Need friends.

Anyone want a free black and white kite shield I got from rafting? First reply with their IGN gets it in their mail.

Squidlegs

If you have a pen tablet, I heavily recommend setting the tablet screen space to that of the fossil cleaning menu. You can clean them pretty damn well without messing up.

Use sharex, you can record a webm and choose settings for audio and video. Can also add ffmpeg commands to it to change the resolution among other things to help fit file size requirements.

So you guys play a shit MMO with shit graphicsā€¦and it's apparently so good awful you have to mod the shit out of it for the game to properly work rightā€¦all while bad mouthing other MMO games that actually work right out of the boxā€¦

This god-damned site is full of Linux users isnt it?

Except you don't have to mod it for it to work right?

Here's your (you)

Field boss time. Get your asses over here right now because it's going down.
AAAAAHHHHH
MOTHERFUCKIGN BOOTLEG FIREWORKS SHIT

holy shit

heading that way

But where!?

Found them, south of dunbarton right before the entrant to Gairech Hills

ded

you've got mail

Breaks mid dungeon are the comfiest

I'm already off for the night amigo. I'll check it in about 6 hours, probably.

Ara wake the fuck up

No, I'm busy talking to some one about how much I hate NIGGERS

Anyone want to help out, I'll be in Alby.

I'll head on over there if no one lends a hand by the time I finish my G3 dungeon.

What quest and what level is ok? I have to go there for the Shakespeare quest anyway, will be over soon.

No idea, the quest is unmarked for me, not sure if that's normal.

NO BULLY

I'm here. We still need one more for mystery Alby quest.

I only bully the miku, but for you I make an exception

Sorry about the disconnect in the middle of that Shakespeare dungeon. Connection quality has been on a downward spiral ever since TWC-Spectrum merge and it has been especially bad this week.

Random question. If a mage were to level any of the basic bolt skills, which should be first?

After upgrading my gear and weapons, I'm poor again. This crossbow is neat toy. At some point, I would like to try other skills like cooking and potion making.

Anyone want to do Ciar basic? 2 people so far, running to town to get group quests real quick.

No worries, I'm pretty sure I glitched it somehow by bringing other people into what was supposed to be a 1 person quest.

This is hell.

I'll try to come. Don't know if you guys started yet

Nah we're still waiting.

I'll come, I could use a break from the refining monotony

Was answered in one of the previous threads but it just depends on your playstyle to be honest.

Icebolt uses minimal amounts of mana and slows down your enemy. At r9 it only takes 1 second to charge. Good for multiple enemies since an attack only uses one charge. If you have a cc+4 ice wand (chain cast upgrade allows you to charge 5 bolts at once instead of 1), expect to go through dungeons quick and easy without hardly using any mana.

Lightning bolt can use twice as much mana (depends on race) but stuns the enemy for longer allowing you to queue another attack or distance yourself, it only takes 1 second to charge at r5. Great for when used in tandem with melee or other classes.

Firebolt takes the most mana of the two, slightly more than lightning. It also has the longest charging time of 1.5 seconds at r5. A single bolt deal mediocre damage, but each charge multiplies the damage. Firebolt is godly when have a cc+4 firewand. Every other attack will tremble at the damage you deal. Great for being pure mage.

I'll come too gime two mins

Guess I will start with firebolt then, thanks.

At least high ping doesn't make life skills impossible.

I have Fireball page 7 if anyone is interested.

ign: Valeriks

tfw the servers are 50ms ping for me and literally 2 hops outside my intranet.
i heard the servers were in newyork but i've never been so close to newyork.

I have a first page FB now too

we're half way there goys.
remember to donate your guild points!

Comfy as fuck

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/index.php?title=Mixing_List&oldid=303087
Mixing is the most basic form of cooking, this is a list of everything that can be mixed.
Note that some of these items are mixed after being cooked at a higher rank; try to do really basic stuff like strawberry milk, mixed fruit, etc. to begin with.
As you rank up cooking, you unlock more cooking methods, like baking and broiling.

Best part time job

Your incubus is in another shadow realm

You need to follow the recipe m8, you also need to know the measures

Here the wiki is a good place

Never forget the Dex

Get a tool for better success chance

-With love, Spoon feedingfag-kun

I need a few people for the last two shadow missions of G9, anyone interested?

If you guys still have 7, my partner just left, so I can join. Polina

Get your ass to barri

I've never been and don't know where that is so forget it.

Its a hole in bangore where everyone goes to mine for ore you whore

If you're in Tir/Dunbarton, keep heading south until you're in bangor. barri's entrance is there.

Except that's bullshit. See the above posts about the jackasses who can't even make the games crafting elements work worth a shit without modsā€¦or the fuckers who can't even see without fucking about with a god-damned text editor and opening a config file.

Admit itā€¦I watch this fucking board shit on good working MMO game dailyā€¦but this fucker get lavished with praise? Sorry I'm not buying it because I've seen this behavior beforeā€¦Linux users.

The only game you guys are playing is junior grade program editor. And yes while it's fine to be a distraction hopping Linux whore, it's not a fucking game.

And for reference here's a few posts to back me the fuck up.

In just that pile alone we haveā€¦
Bastards who can't use in game recipes for food without outside mods being used.
Guy who can't even resource gather without mods.
One bastard who can't even see the fucking game.
And one sad fuck who can't even get the thing to work in the first place.

And this is the MMO Holla Forums decided to wank over? 'This is what MMO's should be like!'ā€¦that's the repeated line hereā€¦

So MMORPG should be a Linux distro with no GUI untill you install it yourself? This has got to be the memeiest 'im just pretending to be retarded' bullshit I've ever read.

Congratsā€¦I fucking know god-damned better than to visit this fucking site again as the only game you guys are playing is let's shitpost people into installing broken shit haha.

The actual fucking state of Holla Forums everyoneā€¦

juts 4 kyoupon

I'm playing the game bareback, and i'm having fun or something not dissimilar. Of course i also played Ragnarok Online 2 for months on-end, so maybe i'm just retarded. I miss having an on-demand, no limits pecopeco to ride.

(1) and done.
Wew lad.
Also it's fun and you should try making friends for the first time in your hollow life

Go enjoy the game that you love no matter what anybody says, user, and don't let their negativity get you down. You certainly won't stop anyone here. People like mabinogi even while admitting the faults and modding to get around them because it has valuable stuff that isn't offered anywhere else.

Anyone want to join us for Rundal Basic? 3/8 currently

nigga, mods arent even necessary lmao
also if you think installing mods that give small changes to suit personal preference are somehow remotely similar to being a linix distro programming game or whatever the fuck youre getting at, then you gotta be on some special level of mentally disabled

almost forgot your (you)

good work. here's a (you)

Get a load of this wanna be GANGSTER COMPUTER GOD

Good, and never come back.

Its foolish to try and achieve such heights. One's wings would simply burn.

Recipes can be learnt from reading cookbooks, other players, or trial and error (holy shit just like real cooking!) that "mod" is more akin to a cheat and isn't needed. Sure, it's nice and makes things easier but that's not the way the game was made to be played.
Everything else in your post is just random nonsense about Linux and complaining about minor things, I'm not even sure what you are going on about with the Linux stuff since this is a Windows game.
Please, name me all of these "good" MMOs you speak of.

And here's your (you), now fuck off.

Just you wait for the day of the lumber tree fucker.

Here, you seem to be ranting about a private server, you knowā€¦ those things that just doesn't outright work as the official one from the get-go?

I'd admit this game is dated but i can still barely run the official server probably not for long thanks to nexon getting people to shit on the game code but the charm here is that is more open ended you can learn around 90% of the skills except the small 10% that is not suited for the race of your character that "most" games where you petty much have to make one characer, level it up to "max" current level then star anew if you want a whole new experience, ad infinitum

Also, what you call crafting is cooking and metallurgy sieving, one of them is about crafting the other is only about gathering, wich can be bypassed with mining, you still haven't even quoted anyone complaining about blacksmith, tailoring, mana craftng or hilween engineering if those last two are even included in the current build the hardest one that people would be complaining is enchanting, but at the end that one is around the endgame due how greatly it affects the gear

So, it'll be nice that before you post again because i'm more that confident about you being a hypocrite you learn a little bit more about what you are talking about before just start a childish outburst baiting otherwise please fuck-off

I think the adventurer seals exist on that build, which you can use to buy items to increase the skill exp and rank it up

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Adventurer_Seal

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Seal_Merchant

Please get used to read the wiki, most of the information about how to make tedious work sat least somewhat easy is there, although i admit that i haven't seen people bring up
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Skill_Training_Seal_(5)
or
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Guardian_Soul_Stone before, dunno if isn't implemented or not working yet
Spoon feedfag-kun can't stay watching over you all the time

This is an alternative if it's available
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Enthralling_Performance

Sadly that is mostly used while the player just have windmill and enthralling performance ranked up to be used on the bears of dunbarton.

Create a party and set finish to all. Thatll allow you to get one extra windmill in for each monster.

night lads

life is hell

You won't be missed, reddit.

Wew lad.

GIANT WHITE WOLVES SPOTTED ON THE PATH TO CIAR DUNGEON

'Evening

If you keep killing the giant white wolves, how do you expect them to keep out the black wolves and prevent them from intermixing?

If you can gain access to Stewart's secret shop (magic teacher in dunbarton in the south wing of the library), he sells the Scary Library Pass. Go to the library from 12am-1am with it in your inventory too get a title and join the ghostbusters.

To bring multiple people with you, you'll need to form a pet train. Someone gets on your pet, someone gets on theirs, and so on, so that they all automatically follow the leader.

math and barrie are kind of tough at first because of multi-aggro, rabbie is a good plan and will teach you basic combat.

What would be the issue with them intermixing, goy?

Because then we'd get giant grey wolves, and as we all know, grey wolves are the weakest!

N-Nothing. I only meant that all cultures are beaitiful and if the blacks start to intermix with the whites then the white devils I-I mean wolves will culturally appropriate them.

Pls, pls, pls respnd.
I need them.

Is not exactly your level bud, more like, did you even trained your skills in the first place? i think G1 gives a free set of light armor and the cheapest manual cost 16k for the cheapest heavy armor, also, if you want to do a dungeon, try Alby but if you want to test your skill try to do ciar, both are in Tir Chonaill, soloing ciar normal usually means that you can complete Barri dungeon normal alone with the correct strategy

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Wolf#Fenrir

Need 2 people for G1 Alby RP.
I'll be disco pumping while I wait

Anyone wants to help me with finishing this RP quest in Rabbi? Need 1 more.

huh?

If you're having a hard time, to to Randal, near the school in Tir. Ask him for a Ciar beginner pass, and drop it at the altar in ciar dungeon. hoard mimic scrolls to save up money to buy yourself something nice.

I think I'm ready to cash in some scrolls and find out what to do with the leathers I've hoarded in the bank. I really don't know which junk I should keep and what I should just drop or sell to the NPCs. I wouldn't say my gear's bad. I just need enough yellow and red potions to brute force my way past enemies. I would describe my experience with the combat system as driving manual stick vs automatic. Using skills locks me out of drinking pots which is bad so I only use skills against skill users and tough enemies or for the occasional windmill.

Got Thunder 4 if you still need it. IGN?

adventurer/training seals don't exist; the private server runs on g13 which is about 2011, and all that daily stuff didn't come in til at least 2013 iirc

leathers are used in the production life skills.
try selling them through the global chat if you can't afford to get a vending license and brownie contract.
As for melee combat, here's a combo I use for maximum damage I can get on my "turn". N+1 without using the last hit, WM, assault slash WM. Not sure if there's a better combo, but if I don't lag, I could kill even metal skeletons in Ciar normal at only level 20-30 with dual wielded gladius swords and just this combo.
If you don't know what N+1 is, attack once, pause for a bit, then follow through with the rest of your attacks. Weapons say 2 hit or 3 hit weapon. That's what N is. If you use up your hits, all you get is N. If you take that pause (too short, it fails; too long, hitstun wears off and the enemy attacks you) then it'll reset your hit counter before the hitstun wears off, giving an extra hit your N amount of hits. People know this as N+1. Heavy stander can fuck you up, so just WM spam if enemies aren't being hit stunned.

I need the fireball pages, that was a drop list. 3 through 10.
I was asking if anyone wanted to do a shadow mission.

Thunderstorm in Rano. Get your glowing sketches if you still don't have'em!

Anyone for a 15% crit chance, +5 dex, -40% balance on a 2-hander?

Did the server not get the patch to solo RP dungeons? Anyone asking for help, try to drop the item first. It might work.

it didn't.

Everyone laughed when I started, everyone bullied me.
They said.
But now I'm ready and I'm only getting started. What can you say other than.
But they're unaware of my potential. My autism!
I am ready to fucking destroy shit.
The only downside though is because I didn't rank mastery I run out of mana fast.

haha, what are the odds.

But user. My bolts are only rank 5 each, and fusion bolt is e.
I'm just getting started.
Magic mastery is also f

What the ever loving fuck?

oh he transforms when well fed, he is stronger and can even use low rank windmill.

the black wolf pet also transforms into a shota wereworld at night

werewolf*, christ

It'll take humanoid form and be able to use Windmill at long as its hunger is above 90% or 95%. I can't remember which. There are cat and dog versions of this, which are better since you don't have to feed them. They transform with night and day, though. You can keep it a werehamster forever, if you can keep feeding it.

I just wanted a little hamster pet, not a nightmare.

I need some price checks. For one, I got a couple clothes that are taking up space that I don't know if they're worth anything.
Also, I really have to start getting rid of my gems. I hear they're food for spirit weapons, so my best bet is probably to sell them too. What do those generally go for?

Waffo here, I'm very excited to see what you will become. Do us mages proud.

I got a lot of tutorial quests a week after i started playing, for no good reason; the sexy blacksmith girl at Bangor has one where she'll teach you how to smelt, and the burly smith dude will fill you out on smithing if you ask about skills.

if, hypothetically, i made a character and account yesterday and played a lot but cant remember what my account name is, what do? hypothetically.

crisis averted, disregard hypothetically

Open a support ticket on mabipro

Hmm so there are clothes from later years. Is that Shylock outfit G15? Are there reforges and commerce on the server?

there's no commerce but I believe there's reforges.

No godly homestead
No mana crafting
No Hillwen engineering
At least humans have FH, arguably one if not the strongest melee skillā€¦ well, until bash was implemented

Aw man, Iria must be as bland as it can

There are no reforges.

Yeah theres no nexon which is good but its missing a lot of the good content thats come out over the past couple years.

Also tfw no commercing. Can't rp as a travelling jew.

Weirdly enough i've been seen people talk about transformation although Shamala was only implemented on the generation she's featured on.

Sadly it seems to be and i doubt many would bother on implementing some of the features in a way that won't be broken or break the game like Nexon did

The devs are port in assets from later generations, but not features like reforges and commerce (yet). Earlier last year they even had a shitposty event making fun of the live GMs where they gave out nerfed soluna blades for free

Commerce was cancer anyways, just actually sell items to other players.

ā€¦Sureā€¦errā€¦ real funnyā€¦

The bags were godlyā€¦ until they started to release 1x1 bags with 100 inventory slots

It was funny when it was relevant.

Mabinogi's fun because it's difficult, making shit that makes the game easier just ruins the fun. Sure we need some help, and some stuff is cool to have. But it's like pets. Pets are fine for inventory space and harvesting, but stuns and damage? Fuck that, that's broken and ruins combat.

That's the thing, live would do that.
They gave out fucking mana knuckles for free to everyone.

Get back to me after you do rundal siren solo.

Err, both are me, i just read and replied one post at time and i know, but now there's so many life skills now that keeping the necesary items without having to spend tons to get stuff out of the bank becomes quite insane, i think i named it before but the productio life skills alone are composed of:

Blacksmith, Refining, Tailoring, Weaving, Mana Crafting, Hillwen Engineering, Potion Making, Cooking, Catering, Carpentry and Handicraft.

I'm not even including production skills that are not part of life skills like Refining and Synthesis

Just the normal life skills alone need their tools except in a few cases, but then you need to make other tools to make the skill work.

That's a lot of things to carry alone, one of the good things is that they realized that even free players can't handle something like that so they allowed them for bags without being V.I.P. in the first place, but come on, one of the oldest sayings in games like this is that you can't never have enough inventory slots.

Also, regarding pets, all your argument is lost when the pets own a name like any other player and you can use them to play, DevCat and Nexon's shitty pet handle is what caused G20 to give you a skill that can potentially make them break the game, even then the pet skills are generally the same between them, except a few exceptions.

My bad i confused Refining with one of the Alchemy skills, but my point still stands and i'm not including the gathering skills which some require tools to be used.

Maybe I wasn't clear, I was mostly complaining about the fucking bone dragon. The thing that does a fuck ton of damage on entry and debuffs the enemy. There were players that had bought more than five bone dragons so can they spam them.

I have.

Oh since you quoted me about the bag slots i thought you holded both things as being equally bad, my bad.

Although is not much of making the game an easy mode more like Nexon caring more about the money, like when a player got that soluna blade, sure it doesn't mean everyone is a greedy moneymonger but it also doesn't mean that mostly would just give you OP shit if you paid enough regardless of how it would break the game, yet they have to keep themselves in line after the major backlash from the players.

I'm wondering when they'll stop caring just break the gameā€¦ just because they are ashamed of an old game being successful

I hate using this broken notebook to type but the desktop can't have the official mabinogi and the browser open, it can hardly withstand also having the nexon launcher open.

Im going potion maker, is there a trick to herb pigs? I read something about alby arena but I don't get it

Barri anyone? We got two people, counting myself, ready to run barri and other dungeons for a bit.

We're waiting in Bangor.

Going home in About 20 minutes. So maybe

I can, IGN Criceto

fug

We're still waiting.
We have four people now.

I just got in, let me log in.

If you guys are still looking for another, I'm getting on now.

t. Aurous

Is that Belisha's hair?

Decent mage burn here for anyone who wants it. I also have an extra page 2 for Arrow Revolver. Completely free, just tell me who to mail.

That was fun runs. Those orcs were a pain. See you next thread probably.

The nerfed soluna blade was basically a a 2h that couldn't be upgraded and had the stats of a short sword, iirc. It was pretty mediocre; something new players could use on a whim, but they were far better off using and proffing up things like gladiuses or other, better weapons.

OH BABY I CAN BARLEY CONTAIN MY PANTALOONS

Giant mage with high Magic mastery. You know who. It REALLY makes no difference right now, you just blow through the whole thing if you don't pay attention.

Who did this? Which one of you were hunting balrogs and didn't invite me?

Are Blutsaugers better than Gladius?

pro.mabibase.com/item/40974

Thanks. Since it's an officially unreleased item i guess i couldn't find anything on wiki.

thats a neat sword, where can ya get it?

Dragon Boat reward. I got one but i want one more to dual wield.

if you can get a third one, I'll buy it off you for 20k, goy.

I have a couple on my pets you can have.

Mind giving/selling me one? I'm Shotacucks

Oy vey, what's your price?
IGN is Araceli

Sent one to each of you.

thx fam.

I swear i'm going to upgrade one of my items! One day!

I'm worried I have only just begun to suffer

Wrong. You have not even begun to suffer.

Here's a side by side comparison of Buttslayer and Gladius with 5/5 upgrades. I used the 'Highest Damage' path on wiki for Gladius and tried to mimic it for Bulgeseeker. tl;dr is:
>Has %13 more critical It already has great base critical and Aranwen upgrade offer even more chance at the cost of less max damage

when i heard the l-rod noise i knew exactly why it sounded familiar

This community is alright.

Someone will masturbate to this

every five minutes or so, you get your bars refilled in the arena, and harvesting pigs uses up their mana. full autism required.

I believe if you go to a mana tunnel or to the hotsprings and have the pig sit, it will regen.

If you rebirth, your skill training progress doesn't get lost, right?

No. only if you skill reset.

Remember everyone that there's a banquet today at 7 EST at the Tara Rath Royal Castle, and you get free xp for just standing around.

Today? shouldnt it be tomorrow?

Wait a minute. It's friday. Is my internal clock that fucked up?

Anyone still running around without any armor who wants this? it's nothing special just thought to give it to someone who needs it instead of just selling it.

I thought that was tomorrow?

Go to the zardine hotsprings and tell your pet to sit. One of the springs regenerates mana at a quick enough speed that you wont have to pause gathering herbs. Arena was only relative before Iria came out.

It is tomorrow, see

If anyone's willing, I could use a hand or two with G1 Barri dungeon. I have some summon capsules to save the trip as well.

Summon Dartier, I'll help.

I'm up. Summon Shotasucks.

Need someone for Maiz RP anyone wanna come?

So close, yet so far

Good job, by the way.

Need help for final hit maiz dungeon.
anyone wanna come?

How many do you need?

Absolute madman.

Teach me, Oh master of circular flailing motions.

ADVENTURE

anyone want?

for free?

yeah.
I'm currently doing dragon rafts, so you can pick it up there.

still offering it?

yes

new thread