Is triple A the fucking worst thing that has happened to games in the last 3 years?

Is triple A the fucking worst thing that has happened to games in the last 3 years?

And is indie the only way?

Go back at least a fucking decade if you want to find the source of anything. 3 years back isn't anywhere near the edge of the cliff.

Maybe if the budget is high enough for them to make something beyond bootleg NES games.

You're that new? Shit's been fucked for much longer than that. Indie is infested with the same faggots that are in AAA. You just have to pick and choose and hope that they don't jew you (AAA) or call you a racist/sexist pig (Indie)

Some people hate indies just as much as triple AAA.
Im convinced that those people havent played a videogame in 10 years.

Nice bait thread, user

Newfags to the left of me. Newfags to the right of me.

The only thing that can save games is if all devs decide to go with ps2 gfx again.
It will reduce meaningless waste of money and allow for more new ideas in the market, without making everything a millionaire loss
Why the fuck companies waste billions of dollars on mediocre products attempting to go with the cattle is beyond me

Is another market crash from which a new era can be born from free of Hollywood taint and greed.

i despise Carmack for what he did to Romero
but created fucking 4 engines in a row(up to id tech 4, we dont talk about 5)
each pushed the industry ahead decades,
indie are the bread and butter of the industry, but you actually need people with passion for this shit, and this is just the tech
i bet other disciplines need people this dedicated, to push the industry forward
so no, "indie" as term isnt even supposed to be talked about, its supposed to be the fucking norm
Successful independent efforts are the future AAA and if everything goes as its supposed to, you get rewarded

ok ok fine op here the worst shit since the invention of underwear

nobody gave a shit about indies few decades ago, they werent in a separate category, big business came to successful indies and created id Software, Bethesda, CD Project Red, Monolith, etc
they were handed the money because they succeeded
products speak for themselves

Look newfag, it's clear you don't belong here so why don't you lurk indefinitely

We'll never be able to escape the manufactured dichotomies unless the entire industry and its media apparatus are destroyed.

I'm glad Holla Forums is cool enough to let us side-talk about anime in vidya threads
fucking /a/ is the worst place ever. They ban you for mistypes or a minute grammar mistakes.

mistake*
I would've been banned from /a/ for that. Fuck me I need sleep.

apparatus needs to collapse and get into situations where it has to fund smaller tighter talented teams again

top lel, indie is only occasionally decent. AAs are where its at.

AA really is the sweetspot between creative freedom and accountability. Unfortunately, a lot of "people" See: Jews are trying to muddy the water on what is already a really rule-of-thumb differentiation. Whereas traditionally the difference between AA & AAA was down to the budgets (especially marketing), team size, and sales projections - there's a narrative that any game which sells "x" amount of copies is now considered AAA. Anything from certain large publishers is AAA. Or that anything which retails for a certain price (usually $60) is AAA.

I've legit had retards argue with me that Yakuza 0 is a AAA game, while Yakuza: Kiwami is only a AA game - because 0 retailed for $60, while Kiwami retailed for $40. Or that Project Diva Future Tone is both a AA and AAA game simultaneously - since it's content is divided into two packs, meaning you can buy only one (AA) for $30 or buy both CT/FS for $60 (making it AAA).

To me, at the upper limits - games like Nier: Automata, Gravity Rush 2, and Valkyria Chronicles 4 are around the upper-bounds of AA (to use recent examples) - as would be games like Kingdom Come Deliverance.

AAA is reserved for the bloated budgets, huge development teams, and ungodly marketing push of the largest titles like Call of Duty, Fallout 4, Grand Theft Auto, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and shit like that.

Indie is a completely separate descriptor, and has nothing to do with whether or not a title is A/AA/AAA or whatever. It only means whether or not a game had a third party publisher or whether it was self published. Both Kingdom Come Deliverance/Hellblade and Undertale/Binding of Issac are indie games despite having vastly different budgets, marketing, and development resources.

lol what a fag.

This has been said for years, decades.
There won't be a crash, things will only more kiked until booting the game is a luxury to be payed

AAA:
Garbage with a hidden gem hidden amongst the rubble. That hidden gem is no diamond though, maybe something like a rough, uncut sapphire.

AA:
Very hit or miss. Having said that, the hits are worth having to put up with the misses.

Indie (Clique):
Complete shit. Avoid. Having said that, you may or may not find a worthwhile experience in there somewhere. In those cases, avoid learning about the devs at the very least.

Indie (Non-clique):
Wild variance in quality, which is to be expected. Here you'll find diamonds in the rough as well as some awkwardly cut but nevertheless beautiful gemstones. Things may look ugly and you may be let down if you expect a story to be longer than a sentence, but this is where you'll find some damn good games.

Older games:
Remember, there will always be great games that you haven't played. Try dedicating a day a week to playing some old game you've never played or maybe never even heard of before. It doesn't need to be a classic you skipped over; even a shitty old game will help refresh your perspective when you play a shitty new game later on.

Mods:
Depends on the game but some mods are bigger than most full-length games. Check 'em out.

Triple A has been bad since 2006

And here I am, stuck in the middle with Jew

I'm gonna need the sauce on that one, please.

>(((indie)))
Video games are a waste of time
Do politics instead

Anons what's a good indie game that has been released recently?

3 years? Try decade, dumbass

define recently

11 years would be a more accurate time frame. 2007 is generally regarded as the year things began their downward spiral

Jesus christ I've lived through a decade of shit games now I can barely believe it

Try the past ten years

1/1/2018 and up.

Nice image

Lurk for fucking years newfag

Looks nothing like mark

What's worse? The jew that works in your face in plain view, or the jew that hides behind your back?

Define Triple A?
Are we talking big companies?
Production Resources?
General managment?
Because I will absolutely agree that AAA Production resources are a fucking blight on game development since they can literally ignore optimization needs during development.

the irony is that you post a triple A A-1 pictures anime that is shit

Kikes and marxists were the worst things.
Anything else are products of those 2.
When the industry stops paying and start fully enslaving it's developers, it will be at least free from paid marxists and greedy deformed kikes.

The worst thing to happen to games in the past 3 years are newfags.

Indies are shit and AAA are shit.
The only good games came before the industry let their soyboys have any rights and before deformed kikes became the owners of game companies.

Carmack did nothing wrong. Romero is a mixed race mutant and leftist. He/it has no place in any industry.

With easy to manipulate masses that don't think by themselves, any shitty product sells. The problem is with the masses and those that manipulate it.

A crash will come before this.

ALWAYS learn about the devs. And never buy or play games by leftist devs.

Gas yourself my refugee friend