Any other anons here play Haven and Hearth?

Any other anons here play Haven and Hearth?

If you haven't heard of it: Slightly autistic and slow paced game about survival inna woods where you eat food to get stats, get inspired by all the arcane shit in the world, and get killed by russians.

When did this world start?

I'm not sure, I've been out of the loop.
Played mostly while it was still 2D, only been getting into ti again for about a week

October 2017.
I stopped playing because I can't get past the terrible death penalties in a game that already requires shit tons of grinding. Which is a shame, because I really enjoy the game.

Back it the day it was cozy, fun and murder massacre.
One good girl I played it with is probably dead and it makes me sad.

I remember that we once made a village but always got lotted from other powerfull group when nobody was arround

Yeah I remember when /r9k/ made a village like 6 years ago and it died by 3rd day because everyone was stealing each other's curio shit, the two of three houses built were locked and russians invited boars to our place

Probably wasn't all that powerful if they did it while everyone was gone.

If anything thats not much of a thing now, provided you keep mind of your claims.
Not sure how it was when that happened, but now I know you need to burn points on learning trespassing and theft as skills.
Plus if you get a village cop to take the right skills to track criminals down for sweet revenge.

Man this fucking gameā€¦

Sweet sweet summer memories.

I tried it over 7 years ago or something, all I remember is starving while walking around some woods, and then I got shredded by a bear and quit playing.

haven was turning to shit since salem, and completely fucked since it went pay2win.
you'll never experience the magic again so don't even bother, it's like swedish runescape.

I've seen this game brought up a few times here, each time it's treated as if it's something most people haven't played. Why is this?

Because not many people do, and half them are russians.

Here's the truth about H&H OP. The game is purely about grinding stats that increase infinitely. This includes body strength which will eventually give you the ability to PUNCH down palisade walls. If you aren't playing from the very start of the server with a town funneling specific types of food into your combat characters raising their stats non-stop, then you cannot compete with anyone and you cannot do ANYTHING that they do not tolerate because they will simply punch through your defences and murder you.

It's a solid game but attempting to play it at any time other than the launch of a new world will guarantee your death.

I played it way back in the day before curios ruined everything. What's it like now? The graphics certainly look different from what I remember.

You monster.

Reminder to fear the russians in this game. They are always the true masters of the game world.

Not actually that different. Biggest changes would be 3D graphics now instead of pixel art, theres Experience points now you get basically randomly, and its pay to win.
Experience you use to do hearth magic and study stuff, get it by just doing random shit.
Pay to win because now a $15 'verified' account gives more inventory space, quicker study, and quicker stat growth. A subscription gives even more space and growth, and all the crafting/study/building time is 100% faster. Also I think I heard something about a weekly time limit for free and verified accounts but I haven't hit it yet.

This, plus remenber that there are people running bot accounts just to keep their village producing stuff 100% of the time, even when they aren't playing, bots that roam a village and report into an IRC channel everytime they see someone and at one point there was a custom launcher created by goons that seemed like really usefull, except it logged info about you, like your credentials and your current location.

The game itself is somewhat fun and interesting, the food mechanic for growth is quite unique on it's own and only Elona does something similar.
However the lack of an hardcap for stats and that you never lose stats unless you actually lose your character means that older players will always have an advantage you simply can't beat, especially since they likely play together with a lot of other people.
Not that playing with friends is wrong, but when there's nothing else to do in post-game besides raiding your not-friends, it's not much fun for anyone that's not part of the top village. The fact that the massive size of the map is considered the best reason not to bother raiding someone else and that people still do it anyway should tell you all you need to know about the PvP.

Even the requirements for skills to commit theft and murder and void when the characters that will do that either already have insanely amazing ways to gather the required LPs or they just make dump characters for that anyway.
Couple that with the fact that you'll sometimes get new people joining your village that are actually alt accounts from another village that wants to know your location, scout it's contents and unlock any door from the inside and it's even worse.

Only way I can see the game ever being decent enough is if characters get penalties with age and actually die of old age eventually (but you can create sons\daughters to carry over the Nature or some of the Stats), as well as something else to do besides raiding other players.
Oh, and private servers of course, because sometimes you gotta kick the faggots that just want to be miserable cunts.

I played it long, long ago.
Last time I heard about this game, kids from normie Russian gaming sites had found out about it and became the local counterpart of orcish hordes. I consider this a karma.

Damn.
Last time I played it with Holla Forums russians were the equivalent of natural disasters.

Old pay system that they dropped. Free accounts can play as much as they want. Compared to the old HNH there's a lot of quality of life changes and a whole shit load more items and stuff. Plus some big things like kingdom and a class system, which gives you stats and perks, for specialization.