Your favorite Single Player game(s) for PC that aren't as demanding on system resources as Witcher 3 and don't require...

Your favorite Single Player game(s) for PC that aren't as demanding on system resources as Witcher 3 and don't require a controller. And that aren't an emulator.

pic unrelated.

Starcraft 1, Warcraft 2, Diablo 1, Valkyria Chronicles, SC2 WoL, I guess you don't really need a controller for Neptunia Re;Birth 1 but I used one for that

oh and a fetish rpg maker game that i'll choose not to name because this thread won't last more than an hour

Moon Man Doom

Theeph. DOOD. Startopia. Hitmon Part Deux.

Morrowind

Half-Life and its expansion packs.
Thief Gold and fan missions.
Rome: Total War with Europa Barbarorum/Rome Total Realism mod.
Rainbow Six up to Raven Shield.
Ghost Recon including the 2 expansions.
Splinter Cell.
Aliens versus Predator 1 & 2.

/thread

Well here's one at least.

i don't like video games

SH3
Pirated Dork Soles 1
Cuphead
Doombo

Morrowind

Silent storm 1 and 2
7.62 hard life
All 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R games and call of chernobyl
C&C generals zero hour
Knights of the old republic 1 and 2
Sacred
Hitman blood money

New Vegas and Oblivion

Welcome aboard!

Any Total war game before Rome 2.

Gothic
Gothic II

Artificial Academy 2

Well, you're kind of fucked then.

I still can't work out the venn diagram you're putting forward.

What sort of system specs are we talking abou

you've probably played all the ones I'd recommend then. The best thing about PC is playing far, far better console games from generation 5 and back.

Jedi Knight games

Just Cause 2
Minecraft
Oniken
Jedi Knight
Jedi Academy
Spelunky
Classic Tomb Raider works well with a keyboard only too

As a mount horses are really uninteresting to me, i'd rather ride something like a griffin, but skeleton horses seem really cool to me for some reason.

Left 4 Dead 1&2
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Halo
Halo 2
Borderlands

Darklands. Still the best RPG out there, still hasn't been beaten. Can't forget about Descent. Haven't come out with a game as good as that in 30 years, how sad.

GTA III, VC & SA
Half Life & expansion packs
Doom
Papers, Please

Daggerfall master race.
Technically it does run on an emulator, assuming you don't actually have MS-DOS in this day and age. But there's an unofficial package that sets up the emulator automatically, so you never have to fiddle with it manually.

When you tried Daggerfall for the first time, was it difficult for you to move around? Like are there modern PC controls?

Thief 1, 2, 3 and The Dark Mod.

there's a mouselook option in the game options but it's not called mouselook per se (it wasn't a common term yet)
after that, set up keyboard controls to your desire and for the love of your patron deity don't try to crawl up stairs (high risk of falling through the geometry)

I'll admit the movement took me a little while to get used to, but it wasn't hard.
People usually advise to switch to the free turning mode, but for some reason I just found it more awkward when I tried it, so I stuck with original mode.

Well, it doesn't require a controller. But the keyboard inputs are so awful you'll probably need one unless you're left-handed.

Max Payne 1/2
No controller allowed

Hold up, there is a controller option for those two?

There is no native controller support for PC Max Payne 1/2.