Holla Forums tries playing /tg/

What started as a joke in the TF2 Vintage server became a full-blown tabletop campaign.

THE SYSTEM
Pathfinder, but carefully de-SJW'd by yours truly. Turns out the mechanics work just fine, it's just the default setting that needed fixing.

THE PARTY (so far)

THE FIRST SESSION
Monday, February 26th at 4:00 PM EST. If you can make a 1st level character and get it approved before then, we have two spots left.

This is probably going to be a huge fucking disaster, but I'd rather it be a spectacular failure than a boring success any day.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Old_Man_Henderson#Director.27s_Cut_Part_1
app.roll20.net/join/3056253/9cm2-A
steamcommunity.com/id/Classysniper
steamcommunity.com/id/Ardebitis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If the SJW stuff was only in the fluff, then the system itself was fine. That's like saying you had to edit the security clearances in Paranoia because the publishers made a section about not using a character's preferred pronouns or having straight sex was an executable offense.

You had one job

That's what I try to tell people, but there's still such a huge stigma against Pathfinder and their perceived SJW-ness that I have to point it out anyway.

Case in point.

The system is just bad regardless of its "sjw-ness" there is a reason tg recommends it over other OGL games.

I actually forgot the reason why tg likes it I just prefer the way it handles NPC creation.

Would love to play but am not willing to wake up tomorrow at 7:30 on my day off

also

Are you me?

I must be

The time/day may change after the first session, depending on player schedules. I'll be sure to let you know how the session goes.

Come on, user. I expected better from you

That was your first mistake, user.

The stigma isn't just because of Paizo's faggotry, it's because it's 3.5+, with all the problems that entails (full casters breaking the game without really trying, trap options everywhere). The main advantages it has are the ridiculous amount of content that's compatible with minimal effort and the fact that lots of people are familiar with it. If you don't plan on using a bunch of splatbooks and your players are new or willing to learn, you may as well play something else. Fantasy Craft has its own problems (lots of fiddly stuff to learn and remember, Spellbound still stuck in development hell after almost a decade) but it's probably the best take on d20 generic fantasy RPGs.

The NPC creation rules are nice (they have to be, given that there's not a huge library of published creatures for GMs to pull from). It's also much better at giving every character a way to be relevant in most situations than D&D/PF.

Why are you consered about SJW stuff when /tg/ is filled with tumblr art.

Is it?

ITT:Anons bitch about shit they don't know about
Sounds like a good time user, but I don't feel like going back and relearning pathfinder just before I start a campaign with another group with a different edition.

Do you have more than that, user ?

leave and don't come back, i don't want you anywhere near my games with your shit

1d4chan.org/wiki/Old_Man_Henderson#Director.27s_Cut_Part_1

I mean I already knew that story but it's nice to have it read by someone.

Ok I have to admit whoever read that should be doing audiobooks for a living

I have seen horrors beyond your imagining. Some of the worst people and experiences of my life have been with pathfinder, especially online.

Seriously, Pathfinder is a bore, even 3.5 is better than that.

What the hell happened? Snowflakes?

Have you seen the lewd threads?

Oh yeah? I was DMing warhammer 40K tabletops and I have gotten the following special snowflake bingo: totally not obvious tranny who was hitting on me and also humongous special snowflake who abused the game to be as broken as possible, special snowflake girl and her equally special beta orbiter, some nofun faggots complaining about my DMing every time I said something and trying to rulefag the DM. Now keep in mind that I was recruiting from /tg/ like 6 years ago, so these are the people who hang out there out on /tg/. Trannies, introverted women with beta orbiters and nofunallowed faggots.

Can i be cake man who eats cakes as his power?

In meatspace:
>DM with house floor completely covered in dog shit we only realized after first half of a 4 hour session

Online misadventures I'm not even sure where to begin, thats where things always went full tranny/furry/thatguy Fuck Oustomia

What I'm trying to say is only play tabletop with close friends you trust. If none of them want to play, pick another hobby.

Interesting, perhaps the wall scrolls were for focused mental steeling. Yeah, that all sounds hellish. I was thinking of getting my father into tabletop stuff, so he has some sort of hobby.

Okay, my character sheet is a Level 1 Commoner with the Rich Parents (Social) and Armor Expert (Combat), Lessons of Chaldira (religion), and Anxious (Drawback) traits and Combat Reflexes. He has ranks in Handle Animal and Stealth.

Assuming 20 point-buy, he is a human with Focused Study and Practiced Hunter alternate racial traits and his scores are 18 str, 16 dex, 14 con, 7 int, 13 wis, 7 cha. He spent his level 1 favored class bonus on a skill rank of stealth.

He starts with 30 yaks (all combat trained, he trained 'em himself), a training harness, a studded leather armor, a longspear (his one simple weapon proficiency), two nets, a pickaxe, a shovel, and 400 units of animal feed (20 gold whee).

(This is a joke build, and the character will run roughshod over your campaign, since yaks use the bison statblock and will annihilate everything with extreme prejudice, and I'd build more ridiculous bullshit into him as the game progresses.)

Seriously though mention pointbuy and starting wealth if you want PF builds, but I'm warning you, PF is busted as fuck, caster edition to the extreme, and it is actually distinctly not /tg/-approved.

you belong in the garbage
>>>/games/

All by text? Voiced and streamed?
I can try drafting a sheet, but I have actually no idea what I'm doing.

Oh, forgot to mention he's supposed to have Skill Focus in Handle Animal. That and the harness are how he hits the DC20 combat training checks at level 1 to combat train all the yaks.

user where do I apply, I can whip together one in no time flat.
I have plans for a human wizard except he's a bat with 18 Strength.

What's happening here

Does that imply there's a limit to OP's faggotry?

Oh shit I just woke up, alright then.
4d6-drop-lowest ability scores, rolling for starting gold but possibly fudging the roll if you roll especially shitting. All-text, no plans to stream it myself, but I can't stop you fags from streaming it.
app.roll20.net/join/3056253/9cm2-A

Fuck user you post this 10 minutes before I gotta go to class!

Couldnt find a magnet link for Fantasy Craft. Have you got one?

;_;

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior GURPS?

I-I thought that launched the thing for everybody.

Not a big deal tbh. I'm just playing Runescape Music as I wait.

SJW shit aside it's still inferior to 2e.

GURPS is always a good pick. Honestly GURPS dungeon crawls are more interesting than D&D ones (which cannot handle any player resourcefulness).

It's also inferior to 3.5.

Man I wish I had saved those drawings of some of the FOOOTURE GUNZ in GURPS because those are retarded as fuck.

I lost my PDFs for GURPS. any idea where I can find a good magnet link for it?

Go ask the GURPS thread >>>/tg/343641

/tg/ gurps or PDF thread.

There isn't a stigma against Pathfinder because it's "SJW," there's a stigma against it because it's almost entirely redundant thanks to the worthless devs failing at just about everything they set out to do, which was make an "improved," "more balanced" version of 3.5 D&D. It had the exact glaring flaws that it did before, with the added bonus that Rogues are also shit now because one of the devs literally has a personal vendetta against the class. Then it got less balanced and power creeped with each new rulebook just like 3.5. For the record, I don't care about balance all that much, but considering that it seemed to be one of their goals it's laughably bad. Also grappling is still needlessly complicated.

/tg/ doesn't like pathfinder because its just 3.5 and doesn't address the problems of 3.5, instead just tacking on lots of extra fluff content that few people even use. The systems they tried to fix are still broken and they opened up all sorts of other flaws with the new shit they added. The SJW stuff came mostly later on

Well, okay, that makes sense. I still like the system because of its absurd amount of supported content. Anyway, we now also have a muscle wizard and a monk in the party. So we basically have a full group.

Consider suicide.

GURPS also has an absurd amount of supported content, much more than PF in fact, but unlike PF it's not dogshit content. Also, your monk is gonna suck balls unless he is playing Zen Archer Monk or knows how to optimize a Monk. Monk is pretty much bottom-tier among martials.

Vid related sums up the caster non-caster divide in PF pretty well, but we can also add to that that in PF most martials are goddamn boring to play. "So bob, what are you doing this combat?" "The same thing I do every round of combat, GM, I full attack, unless I need to enter melee first, in which case I walk/charge into melee and make a single attack." That reminds me, PF martials have a really bad time collecting their melee attacks whenever they have to move first. PF was really aggressive in resisting handing pounce to martials until the high levels (11+) when martials cease to be relevant.

There's stigma against PF because it's all-around terrible and an inferior knockoff of D&D 3.5E to boot. 3.5E also had a lot of issues, but compared to PF it looks pretty damn good, which is hilarious considering how PF was supposed to be a "fixed" 3.5.

The problem with that, is you'd be subjecting people new to tabletops, to the crunchy hell that is GURPS.

Pathfinder isn't exactly noob-friendly.

You're acting like GURPS is?

Where did I say that?

My bad, I mixed up the user ID's.
While Pathfinder isn't exactly noob-friendly, it's a commonplace enough system with a large enough amount of content. It's definitely far from perfect, but it has a few quality-of-life improvements over 3.5E, like how it handles cantrips.

starting soon, won't be able to shitpost here for a few hours. I'll provide a recap when it's done.

The crunchy hell of GURPS is pretty much a meme reputation from people who never played the game (PDF related: This is a perfectly good core for a GURPS campaign), and PF is actually far, far worse in terms of retarded, unintuitive crunchy hell. Unlike PF, GURPS rules are actually well-defined and straightforward. In PF on the other hand there is a disturbing tendency for paizo to contradict itself in its rules and write weird gotchas and "clarifications" (retcons) that change the expected behavior of the rules in a completely different book.

GURPS is only a crunchy mess if you're too stupid to understand that GURPS is designed for you to pick rules that are helpful to your campaign and skip the ones that aren't. The whole point of GURPS and its Basic Set is its flexibility of customization. Throwing in everything and the kitchensink is just the wrong way to do it.

The only really shitty part about GURPS was the 1st edition vehicle design rules. And people figured out pretty quick it worked better to just stat them like characters.

Ha ha, playing /tg/ in 2018. We got crpgs nowadays, you know

FUCK OFF ARDE

GURPS actually is very noob-friendly if you start with GURPS Lite and expand the rules from there on.

Then again anyone who starts playing tabletop with Pathfinder tends to stick to it to hell or high water because they're reluctant to start the rather unpleasant learning process all over again. PF frankly calls for a lot of houseruling and a lot of GM adjudication when shit's written poorly, which results in time wasted on crap that isn't fun just to make the game playable and meanwhile your players have to climb the learning curve to avoid all the terrible options and weird rules gothas, but aren't allowed to climb it too far or they'll be too good for the game because you can break it easy. Because in PF if you're a noob with a bad build you will suck horribly and drag down everyone but if you're actually good then the game is also bad because you can take all the challenge and fun out of the game.

GURPS Vehicles is where the "GURPS makes you do calculus" jokes came from, although honestly you never needed GURPS Vehicles to have vehicles in GURPS at all. There was tons of vehicle content and rules outside GURPS Vehicles. In GURPS-land a book titled something like GURPS Vehicles doesn't mean "you need this book for vehicle rules" (you don't) but "This is the one book to end them all on the topic of anything remotely vehicle-related in GURPS." The book runs the gamut from flying brooms to interstellar spaceships with appropriate rules for all of 'em, and honestly, most people never needed the book at all in their vehicle-using campaigns, but that didn't stop GURPS from getting an unjustified reputation as though statting out a vehicle to the nth degree was a necessary part of GURPS. Also the GURPS Vehicles design rules were improved a lot after 1E. Good book tbh.

No, fuck off.

You can't say something like this and not name the jews, double dubs user.

NiceDaemonette is not representative of /tg/ as a whole. We disavow.

I don't know what handle they go by these days but there were two massive autists that used to haunt the old "official" Holla Forums mumble called Ardebitis and Classyskull.
Ardebitis is a massive pathfinder autist that would constantly try to get everyone to play the fucking game with him, and if ever he did manage to get a group together he'd bail 2 sessions in. Classyskull is a fucking idiot with a skeleton fetish who can't NOT insert skeletons into any and everything he does. They're two peas in a pod and both have been chased off of practically every platform they use. The old Holla Forums mumble told them to fuck off and the Holla Forums mumble also eventually excommunicated them. Now they try to haunt /radcorp/ with their bullshit but /radcorp/ also don't want anything to do with either of them.
For maximum bully:
steamcommunity.com/id/Classysniper
steamcommunity.com/id/Ardebitis

It's enjoyable because 3.5e is also enjoyable despite its flaws, but the clowns at Paizo failed at all their stated goals is what I'm getting at.

not your private army

As autistic as those non showering not teeth brushing degenerates are, they are nothing compared to the legend known as AceHW.

Dude what the fuck are you even trying to accomplish with this?

both of them are in our mumble right now in another channel, what's your beef with them?

If you guys want the dox and IP addresses of arde and classy you have go into their mumble and beat the man named "Burg" at Ultra Street Fighter 4.

this is now a vsq thread

What exactly is wrong with Golarion? I like playing in the setting. SJWisms are often the target of ridicule

Hey look, a bunch of retards who cant even make a campaign worth playing, I mean inst a random gen everything perfect guys? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Tfw too low iq for GURPS.

Take the actual one, 1 int can't happen

I thought it was 10 int

it is

10 is average.

7 is the lowest you get with standard point buy. With non-core races (eg Orcs) you can take further penalties on top of that, so that's 5 as a base. You could have additional ongoing effects to reduce it further.

Also if you used a roll system instead of point buy the lowest would be 3, with a 1 int being absolutely possible for Orcs and the like.

you can't play a character with 1 int because they can't take classes

Citation needed? I can't find any rule saying that you must have X int to be a barbarian.

The only real one.

there isn't such a rule

core rulebook, page 16:
Creatures of animal-level instinct have Intelligence scores of 1 or 2. Any creature capable of understanding speech has a score of at least 3. A character with an Intelligence score of 0 is comatose.

none of the PF classes have a minimum ability score requirement a la D&D nor is there a rule placing limits on you based on your intelligence save for your ability to understand speech, your skill points, and your wizard spell levels

If you have 1 int you are incapable of basic logic and tool use, and can't learn any languages. You can't even swing a greataxe or make a fire you're so stupid.

language aside, you're gonna have to cite your source

You can swing an axe like an ape could, but you wouldn't be able to make a deliberate hack. You'd swing it like a club, and maybe the blade will hit once in a while. Still, getting hit by a blunt side of a great axe is nothing pleasant.

What about elementals and automatons? They have no intelligence whatsoever, their whole activity is pre-programmed.

Finished playing the first game.

It was fun though.

apes and other tool using animals have 2 int, a creature with lower than 2 int can't use a tool.

accounted for

Some creatures do not possess an Intelligence score. Their modifier is +0 for any Intelligence-based skills or checks.

I could probably do it more often, but I'll need to pack a lunch, otherwise I'll want to die three hours in.
Also pondering a drop-in-drop-out system, so you won't be SOL if you didn't make it in the first session.

>>>/tg/305697
Torrent, mediafire, and dropbox links.

this post and these dubs are too good for this thread