Kingdom Come Deliverance Official Thread №5 - Lying Skinny Sexy Hanush Edition

WE FITGIRL REPACK NOW
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:89ABBF9913E08D93AA834EC9E10B2F33E448279C

If you have microstutters:
steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1700542332341063477/

Another link to check out to improve game's performance:
steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1700542332340601553/

If you have CPU related freezes/microfreezes, it's cryengine's fault and the solution is to limit the game process's CPU usage to 99%
mion.faireal.net/BES/

If you followed all the above but feel like there might be more tweaks to improve your performance as you have a high end rig and your Henry still runs like ass, check out the link below for some user.cfg goodness.
nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/27

New patch coming around 28th of Febuary.

How's your Henry doing, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

please
nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/146
nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/10
nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/58
nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/105
nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/203>>14395823
twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/966699784353599489
thepiratebay.org/torrent/20324199/Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_[GOG]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any chance they might add a blood patch?

You'll sooner see a blood Mod then from the devs.

Fucking reddit tier meme. Its like writing a meme about hero of kvatch slaying daedra.

Modern alienated man just doesn't understand what it's like to live in a close knit community.

is only on page 10.

Quick question: Should I get the Steam or GOG release?

Steam, always

Why's that?

So that you can give based Gabe Newell his rightful cut

Just started today, and I am trying to focus on vitality. What is the best way to get vit up? Are there any weapon classes that scale with vit kind of doubt it somehow. Also, anyone know if the berserk perk from vitality, the one that increases stamina regen by 4x when health falls to minimum, is timed or if it persists as long as I am low on life? What range of life does it activate at? If it persists and activates with more than 5% life, I think a low life build would be really powerful in this game because of armor mechanics.

I'm planning on taking racehorse, increased mount speed and less mount carry cap, and dread steed, increased mount movement speed while mount is damaged, but neither seems to give solid numbers on what they do. will I break the sound barrier? How much carry weight would I be sacrificing with race horse? Is there a lost health threshold for dread steed activating or inverse scaling on remaining health?

Anyone try out a build centered on being drunk all the time yet? That possibility looked pretty interesting to me.

Murder.

If I just go on murder sprees will it fuck me over? I don't want to have to avoid wherever I do it for months while waiting for my wanted status to fade. I also don't want to kill any quest npces/merchants.

Running and jumping over shit increases your vitality, otherwise you have to kill, kill and kill to get your vitality up. If you're a moralfag, just travel around the globe and you'll eventually find bandits to kill, self defense is moral enough.
Your horse regenerates health overtime and the speed is more or less not noticeable, buying a top tier horse is more worthwhile to look at.

I'm assuming this was a treasure that I was supposed to find by buying a map?

At this point I'm pretty sure I'm just completely maxed out in gear and money. There's nothing left for me to buy and I have thousands. And I'm only like halfway through the game I think. I saw some user in a previous thread mention he saw armor that costs 7k. Where the hell was that? Because the most expensive armor I've seen in any store was like 3k, and it was worse than what I have.

I don't honestly know. You'll get some jail time for it, and reputation isn't too difficult to fix but, as far as permanently killing npcs, I'm not sure if they stay dead. I've come across some that respawn, though I'm not sure if all of them do. Note, though, that this is just the best way to level up vit. Killing anything, as well as taking damage and just running all level it up.
As to the perk related questions in your previous post, there's no reason to bother min-maxing. The games' difficulty curve takes a nosedive at level 10. I'd actually recommend you take no damage related perks at all if you want a fun mid game. You'll still one-shot everything by late game though.

Best decisions ive made in game.

The battle at Pribyslavitz was amazing and I hope the expansions have more big army fights (godamnit I need a siege attack/defence) cause I haven’t felt this much excitement and adrenaline from a vidya game since forever

The main victim of that battle was my frame rate.

Reposting the Merhojed remedy video in this new thread in case the user who needed it hasn't seen it.

Saw a screenshot of some dude wearing a tunic with a Cross on it, anyone know where to get it?

Walking innawoods is comfy.

The game has great moments but boy am I glad I never paid for it.

That battle was the jankiest jank-ass jankshit even by eurogame standards.

(you)

The bugged out geometry in the whole place, the invisible walls, the fucked up archer AI that prefers to pull out a bow instead of a knife in close combat… I guess that's all just made up shitposting.

I've fucked up the main quest by knocking an npc unconscious, who's needed for one of the quests. He ended up fleeing from me everytime I got close.

Shooting people in the face at close range with a bow is very effective for Henry so why shouldn't NPCs do the same?

but you do have a siege attack at the end of the game

So many good bros in this game, Father Godwin and Hans Capon are great.

Can you guys post your aesthetic light armor outfits ? Possibly also where you got the rarer elements of your outfits. I want something nice looking to meme on weak enemies.

I just played that mission last night, completely agree with you user.
I was on the edge of my loot, jewing seat, not wanting my men to die, scouting before hand, did you sneak around and get the cut scene with Runt

Not the best mission so far, that was with the priest bro
but the best combat mission definitely.

How lazy are these fucks?

Is there actual skill involved in the combat, or is it just swinging like a crazed chimp until you connect and attack, and then chain-slash the foe while they're staggered? I notice that there are sword moves you can unlock, but actually pulling them off in a fight seems to be fiddly as fuck.

Pulling off sword combos is actually easier than maces. And the game punishes you heavily for spamming.

Looks noice, I'll try something along those lines. Has anyone come across the red hood that the character on the minimap wears ? I seem to remember a promo screenshot of Henry wearing it.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was from a treasure map, they seem to have either rare or unique items.

Is there any point to doing the King's Silver quest properly? I went to all the locations but the only NPC's I found were the bandits at the first mill then a miner guarding the entrance to a mine. I walked through the mine twice trying to find anything. Eventually I saved (a good way from the mine) and after reloading I got throwing into a cutscene in the mineshaft where some dude fell down.

So I look it up online any supposedly there's a camp where I can talk with Nemoy and some toth, but not sure if I should bother.

just get scarmaker (there's two versions of it, 1 for short swords and 1 for long swords), its the easiest one to pull off and its usually a 1 hit kill.

Key to the combat is rarely attack, Don't use your stamina up, preference blocking and if at all possible clinch as much as possible, when clinching press F rapidly, you'll win almost everytime, causing a stagger which you follow up by either stabbing or using a top strike to bash their skull in (if you took the perk it gives bonus damage). Also I recently discovered Spears are godtier, but you can't store them.

Fighting mounted majority of the time is OP as fuck. I've 1 hitted knights on horse back, also helps to prevent you getting ganked.

Min Max Tips for the start of the game: You can max out your Herbalism at the very start in Skalitz. Take Leg Day, and you can level up even more in Strength, plus you can sell your herbs for grochen. You start the game very strong and have a very good basis for income since Rattay is full of herbs, you can also then use the Apothecary table in Rattay to grind that, eventually when you get Max level Alchemy the entire in game economy breaks because now you can just spam potions and the (((merchants))) get more gold the more times you do it. Also taking "Last Offer" means you can sell for max price without the traders getting pissed at you. This is the strategy I use. Its been interesting, but I am disappointed at how OP auto-brew is. It needs to be nerfed, like doing it costs Energy or something.

What's the sexiest sword in the game?

This can't be happening.

I found that chest in the prologue. Everything was basically unuseable apart from the armour but damn did that cash help early on.

The sexiest woman is a tier 5 Arabian Mare, she's fucking quick and isn't afraid of nothing.
Don't be a liberalfag, cover her from head to toe - she can handle it.

As for swords, St George sword is preddy good - but shhit durability. The Sword that you can get from the 'Faint-Hearted knight' by winning the duel is far more balanced and has awesome durability.

but what's the SEXIEST sword?

l-lewd…

what the fuck is wrong with that dog

IMO its the sword in pic related. Not best in charisma but best in durability and defense. St George sword is best at Char and damage but not defense or durability so its a toss up.

I think it has autism

I was talking about appearance tbh. Didn't even know weapons had a charisma modifier, that's cool.

Piercer has more stab though, I'm using it atm. Its a very good sword despite being common as fuck and available right at the start of the game. But it matches my playstyle so all good.

Everything has charisma modifier user. If you dress up like a champion of christ people like you a lot more than Henry the dung farmer.

I like swords with broad-ish blades. I there a good one in-game?

I think by the 14th century, broader blades fell out of fashion and most longblades were tapered. For example, your first pic would be pretty common in the era but the second picture's blade looks like it belongs to 800 AD.

I was hoping for a good looking broad sword that's also high level but I guess I'll settle for an axe. How are axes in this game? Any good?

All axes, sword and maces are viable. It really just depends on what your preferred playstyle is because you need to be more aggressive when it comes to the mace and axe but you can be more passive with the sword and stick to fencing pacing.

I've been using Maces for a while now but getting a bit bored, the combos you unlock with perks just seem useless, it's better and easier to just get proper close and combo slashes. Think I'm gonna try out bastardswords a bit more since I miss having good range.

Magdeburg swrod? That's what I've been using.

based clipping

Pegasus is the fastest and prettiest horse.

why does almost every game just treat horses like cars?

yeah i bet his cock must be enormous

Did that faggot record their screen with a camera?
Holy shit, it's not like OBS is free or anything.

I wish more games had horse riding as good as RDR.

RDR pretty much did the same shit. SotC still has the best horse riding in any game.

I feel bad for him. I wonder if I can beat him later once again for those clothes.

does armor get damaged depending on where you get hit or is it just meaningless cosmetic shit? I see his armor has some dents on it.

It's somewhat related to damage type and area but it's not "generated" perfectly from the weapon hit. This was indeed me aiming for his torso with a mace since last time I accidentally knocked the life out of him when I went for higher strikes.

So what's the best stable to buy horses and accessories? Haven't found noble saddlebags and bridle and I have no horse armor. Also Pebbles is due for a trade-in.
I keep forgetting to repair this shit since I have to unequipped it, do I have to get it repaired at the horse trader? I've tried most shops in town, tailor is closed though.

The only one that matters for the horse in terms of repair is the armor. Killing other people's horses lets you loot their horse equipment

All stables have the same accessories, far as I know.
I recommend Neuhof, but all the stables have different horses so it depends on your personal preference on what stats you care most about.

I don't feel guilty bullying nerds.

I didn't find any enemies in here even though there are signs of occupancy. Does shit only happen here during a quest or something?

So where can I get armor? Gonna run around and check all the tier 5's and see what I like. Probably going for speed since I already have carry cap perk.

Found him again, this time I beat him up with his own sword.

Wish there was a way to invite him to travel with you and a questline to make him gain some actual combat experience and turn him into more of a man.

head armour for you horse is in pic related, on a cliff face.
not sure about body armour.

How do I even buy the horse I want?
The trader wants me to choose one by listing a whole page of names, but when I inspect the horses in the stables, they're all called "Horse".

keep looking around, the real good horses are named.

""I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 punches once, but I fear the man who had practiced one punch 10,000 times on my unconscious body"

–Kunesh of Skalitz

How big of a download is the download gonna be?

I'm planning on doing a no-weapons monk run since I'm overleveled as shit now.

Only the high-tier ones? Because I'm at Neuheim and I can't find one named horse.

Neuhof has multiple named ones.
You're looking at the wrong bunch of horses somehow.

30 gigs of pussy and ass

Oh right, Neuhof.
I looked into the stables and in the corral outside, but they're all just called "Horse".
I guess I'll just save the game and buy a Tier 5 horse blindly.

Neuhof has multiple corrals and stables, IIRC. It's a pretty big area.

Where can you get a good poison? I'm trying to kill the Vicar without making all of Uzhits buttmad, but the only poison I have is but a mild inconvenience. Also the """""Stealth""""" kill system is bullshit

Any of the herb women huts. Bane. It's expensive as fuck, but it kills everyone dead, guaranteed.

Why don't you just find the heretics?

Does dumping two loads of poison do more damage?

If I find the heretics, then the vicar has a reason to stay. I want the vicar to get gone, and death is the easiest way.

I only have the one, so I don't know

I just bought Sleipnir and he's a jewel.

THIS NIGGER
I convinced him to find a lady to fight for, and he got all excited about it, then as soon as the dialougue ended he stood still facing in the distance and said "well i guess i'll wait for someone else to lob my head off"
I then knocked him out and stole all his shit.

This. I want to send him to Captain Bernard. "Tell him Henry sends his regards, and to work you like he did with me. He'll make a proper man out of you!"

What "Main level" perks are good? I don't like the look of the +stat -stat ones. Infamous seems better than Local Hero if you want people to like you, ironically enough since it multiplies reputation gain (?) and having better stats in an area where you're less liked helps balance out the lower fame dislike penalty.

Other than those there's Ascetic (which I'll probably grab), Manly Odour which seems like a pain since I'll constantly need clean clothes for stealth and wanderer which doesn't seem very useful. Renegade Brand seems useless as well.
I should pick Burgher or Savage but haven't decided which yet.

I should behead them.

No he doesn't you can convince her to run and the vicar will follow them

I was hoping that was the game being janky and he eventually finds a girl when you meet him later. It seems like he just stays full cuck though

laughing

Just won the Talmberg horse race, but didn't get the promised saddle. Apparently nobody did. This game is far too bugged to be good. It has some promising ideas, but their execution and especially the polishing are seriously lacking.

Are sabres/short swords worth it? Are shields mandatory?

I purchased Al-Buraq and I swear, you have to travel half the map to to drain his stamina. I loaded him up with all the flowers that I can and now have a mini empire made from flowers

-Hey! Henry's come to see us!

I wish I was making this shit up

That guy is a different one. There are two Wayfaring Knights, one is the virgin and the other is the chad.

I was doing the horse race earlier, and every time one of the other riders overtook me or fell behind me, I got a "Hey Henry, good to see you" or some other dumb remark from them.

OMFG top kek I had no idea you could do that.

Send help

Too bad I once told the chad that I don't have any time right now, and since then the dialogue only consists of a "Haven't we met already?" or whatever that line is in English. I'd love to whoop his ass now that I'm no longer a wimp, but once again it was ruined by a bug.

In my experience shields seem to make blocking easier, more forgiving, and consume less stamina than blocking with longswords. A hit may also land on your shield (even if you are not raising it) so it acts as extra armor on your left side. Shields make combat easier and are really good for early and mid game. Afterwards, your skills and armor are so good that shields are useful but not a necesity.

About one handed weapons vs using a longsword on one hand… I don't know. I suppouse the longsword is slower and consumes more stamina?

Is there a trick to archery?
Maybe it will get better once I stop shaking so much around, but I have a hard time hitting anything with an arrow.

In the archery guide it says Henry will incorrectly hold the bow until lvl 5. Im not there but i assume it makes a huge difference.

Can you seriously train your weapon skills by hitting corpses?

Only certain unconscious people.

Once you're shaking less, it gets much easier, at least on relatively short distances. You need to consider just how much you draw – it determines the damage, but also the direction the arrow will fly in – a fully drawn bow will have a much higher up trajectory and will actually fly upwards for a moment, doing an arc, while less drawn bow will immediately start tilting down, or will shoot in more or less straight line. Then also consider that you aren't looking through a crosshair, and that the arrow will fly where its head is pointing, not necessarily where you are looking. It takes a bit of getting used to, but you'll get the hang of it eventually.

You can just tell him where they are and he takes them to Prague.

That's about harming your arm unless you wear bracers.

Well, some training might help. Go to the forest and shoot some deer, they're large enough to hit even on low levels. But I installed a dot reticle mod after I fired two dozen arrows at a single rabbit when hunting with Hans.

I'm torn between unleashing my inner slav and possibly fucking myself by learning sabre combos. Are "light" swords any good later on?

After a certain level every weapon starts to kill people in around three hits.

They're adding respec potion with the 28th patch iirc. Fast attacks are nice but haven't used sabres personally. Shortswords are cool if you want to use a shield but I'd rather get the range from longswords and go 2h them for more speed.

Yes but Goodwin dislikes that.

There are two types of enemies in the game: those who die from one or tow hits, before you can pull out a combo and those who parry 90% of your attacks and interrupt all your combos. So yeah, go for sabre if you like it. Those combos are also useful for longsword and shortsword, so it's 100% fine.

Anyone found any Unique items? Done most of the Treasure maps and it's generic shit (aside from the dice, I guess).

I don't get why anyone wants this. By the time you get to level 20 in a skill you can get most of the perks anyway.

I found this helmet on a bandit leader. I don't think it is unique since it was a bandit wearing it, however it's the only one I ever came across so maybe it is.

I wish I could find one I have been murdering bandits for sixty hours now and have never seen one of them.

It was a bandit leader from the Sasau bandit camp activity to be exact (you only get those after finishing the ones in Rattay and Talmberg). The bandit camps were around the Skalitz mines but I don't know if the camps are inhabited if you haven't been given the assignment. Might as well do them all anyway, it's easy XP and you can loot some good stuff.

I did that one but I think it has a chance to not spawn or something because my friend told me the same thing or maybe it's just a bug and the guy with it just fell through the world or something.

They are? It specifically says longsword or sabre/hunting sword on the tin

What qualifies someone as one of these 'certain' people?

Yeah you are right. Anyway, you have 8 perks points once you get sword to level 20, and 9 combos to unclock. That means only one combo in the entire list that you won't be able to use. So pick sabre combos if you wanto, cause you'll still have perk points for plenty of longsword combos. Since in late game you are OP as fuck, just go for aesthetics; min-maxing actually makes the game worse.

I installed a gameplay mod that significantly altered perks and lost up to three of them in some skills. A respec potion would have been nice in that situation.

There's the Warhorse set in the treasure chests (the 1 groschen armor). The Magdeburg sword from the faint-hearted knight might also be unique, but I'm not certain. Also quest rewards like the Queen of Sheba's sword. The backstory of that quest is also quite amusing: In order to make them include niggers, some SJW tried to prove there were some in Bohemia at the time with a depiction of the biblical queen of Sheba. In the quest, you collect fragments of the "Czech" queen of Sheba's sword that some charlatan has sold to the local smiths.

There are more of those, but they're rare. The best helmet I've found in the game had defence 23, so only marginally better than houndskull.

heh, games

The queen of Sheba sword is pretty awesome, by the way. Excellent damage and my sword of choice. The abysmal durability isn't that much of a drawback – just carry some blacksmith kits with you and do field repairs.

The witch there obviously put a hex on the alchemy table.

Even that isn't necessary seeing as how every village and some of the camps have a grindstone.

I'm genuinely surprised.

that fucking death screen holy shit

DOOT

I checked every single horse in sight. Like 20 fucking horses, and they all just said "horse". Luckily, it also listed tiers in the buy menu and there was only one tier 5 so I just got that and it's all good.

actually, Bucephalus is just about the best horse in the game, and it is listed as Tier 4

So, it looks like Magdeburg armor is the best in the game. As far as I've seen, it has the best stats on every piece. Trying to get a full set of everything just because muh fashion.

Regarding the Sword of Sheba: Keep in mind that one fragment is missable.

I got Warhorse Jenda from Merhojed. I believe you need to get it before the attack or it's gone. Here's a list:
please use archive.ism/2018/02/22/kingdom-come-deliverance-best-horse/

vg247[DOT]com/2018/02/22/kingdom-come-deliverance-best-horse/

That same shit happen to me. Pretty sure It was the same alchemy table too.

fug

Your screenshot of this knight looks a lot better than . I'm guessing your 1440p is a 60 hz? I'm debating whether to go 1080p-240hz or 1440p-144hz in a few months. I have a 1080p-120hz (no gsync) right now. Getting tired of my 6 year old monitor. So many options these days, including that 21:9 1440p 120hz ultrawide.

Silly question. Do the main quest have time limits? I'm about to go hunting with the faggot noble who called me a peasant and beated on a tavern in my guard patrol.

The Reeky one has you can find him dying if you take your time finding him not sure about the others.

Is that a starting quest?

Just asking so I can go treasure hunting before going to hunt with the faggot.

I've been ignoring that one for an in-game month now.

It's one of the early ones.

And I have no idea about the hunting one.

The one where the town gets the plague, the bandit fucking dies for no reason even with the cure

Who would have thought that a quest centered around curing a sickness would have a time limit?

Speaking of, is the Pious quest timed? I wasn't sure if that is what was implied here. I haven't done any further steps after this.

find me a clip of someone falling and screaming, becasue no-one does that.

Did you guys get the 20% faster sprint speed but 20% higher stamina cost perk? Seems like a good trade off compared to the other which reduces speed.
Most of the time you want to get away/build up distance or catch up and lasting super long isn't a priority for those.

I did, and unless I'm gravely mistaking the description the other is always negative: 20% faster with 20% more stamina cost means you can sprint the same total distance as without the perk, but in 83.3% of the time. In contrast, 20% slower with 20% less stamina cost means you can still sprint the same old distance, but it takes 1.25 times as long. I honestly don't get it. Either someone at Warhorse didn't do this trivial calculation or the actual effects don't match the description.

It's to punish retards who can't into math and going fast

It's 20% faster movement with 20% higher cost
or 20% slower movement with 20% reduced cost.

So the latter takes you 20% further with a full stamina bar, but at a slower pace. So it's not complete shit but still sounds worse to me.

It depends on whether the cost is calculated over time or over distance. I assume the former because not only is it much easier to code, but sprinting against an obstacle without moving drains your stamina bar. To get 20% further at 80% of the speed, the cost per second would have to be reduced by a third.
I wouldn't be surprised if the perks were one of the aspects they rushed. It's telling that most of the skills only have one more option than you can have at level 20.

Dark Saxon Gambeson for functionality, zero noise cost, low visibility and i dont know if its a calculation glitch, but it muffles most armor placed on top of it.

So, now that you fags are 5 threads in. Would you recommend this game?

Thereby completing the entire boring quest in the most bad ass way possible.

I'd wait until the patch 3 days from now comes out

This is quite possibly the only game that I am happy to have preordered.

I hope you understand that what you did was silly. I'm happy it worked out for you though.
I'll save the shekels and buy it once I have lots of time for vidya.

why do you do this to yourself? get some plate m8

is the mission where you speak to nightingale designed to be as terrible as possible? you have to speak to him at exactly 19:00, not 19:00:1, not 18:00:59, but exactly 19:00. If you're even a millisecond off he tells you to come tomorrow. It's driving me fucking insane, he just won't fucking talk to me like i'm some sort of asshole because I talked to him a single second too late. This is the fourth day in a row where he's done this. And if you try to talk to him early the screen fades to black and then you go back to normal. This is almost as broken as the mission with executioner herman that's impossible to finish through dialogue, and if you trick him into leaving he just diappears off the face of the earth making the mission impossible if you break all your picks.

I'm seriously getting sick of this games bullshit. I get that you can iron out everything but I at least expected the MAIN FUCKING MISSIONS to work right. All I want to do is go on some adventures in chivalry but instead i have to keep making disgusting noises when I eat and getting told to come back tomorrow.

Had taken those screenshots before I went to the baths. I do have plate. I have my stylish clothes, sneaking gear, and a full set of plate.

Are you fucking mental?

Is there a mission aside from the one where he shows you around town with Nightingale? Because in that one, you have to visit him between 11:00 and 19:00. Maybe I've not gotten to the mission you're talking about, but it might be that you're retarded.

okay so riddle me this, why the fuck is it i'm speaking to him at 18:30 and the screen just fades to black and back in with nothing happening?

Might be a glitch, I might have had something similar happen. Probably best to reload a save before it started happening.

Overcast/stormy weather in this game is great. Perfectly dark and dreary.

Normally I'd agree, but considering the flak Vávra has been getting from the kikes over not being a nu-male faggot who capitulates to the cries for diversity in his game, I figured I'd vote with my shekels this once. And tbh I was expecting the game to be way worse than it is. For such a small company with their ambitions it's turned out surprisingly good.

Did you originally talk to any beggars outside the church before talking to Nightingale? I did in my game and it crashed, had to reload a save.

Because you're a fucking nigger, go try something different and talk to him at noon.

i reloaded my save and that seemed to fix it, but now i'm just getting the unintentionally funny shit with the game.

(characters speaking)
(henry bitches about being hungry over and over)

Reminder they're planning on releasing a big patch on the 28th, so maybe just wait until then. Even if you have to replay through the game, the Nightingale Quest is right at the beginning.

Fuck, I just finished The hunt begins quest but now that I have to find this ginger faggot theres no quest, no marker or anything. While I was trying to figure out what was going on, Ginger just walked past me, I can't talk to him, just pickpocket him, can't even kill him.

Oh yeah has anyone gotten loaded die? I got one and it's something about demons but all I noticed is that it rolls 6's more. oh wait now I figure it out, it rolls 6 more because of demons.

there are 6 loaded die, I think. The fluff is unimportant, what is important is that they're loaded to roll 6 more often. You pretty much can't lose at dice after you get a few of them

Wine Bibber or Beer Bibber? I thinking wine because most types have healing properties.
Also Bacchus or Safe Passage? Hangovers are worse with Bacchus, but those can be mitigated with other perks.

I have two, Lucky and Heavenly Kingdom. I don't really understand the properties of the second one, it has a weird symbol like a castle or something on it.

You can also literally just drink a marigold concoction or lazurus to get rid of a hangover.

Good point, almost no downside then. Unforunately I hear being able to cure alcoholism is glitched, so I'm trying to hold off on binging.

My lockpicking is at 7 right now and I don't really want to play Monk Sim 2018. Should I grind out some more lockpicking levels before embarking on the Pious quest, or should that be enough to let me infiltrate the monastery?

Yup. I've eight of them, six positive and two negative ones. With that and the agility perk Farkle is a cakewalk. I regularly amass 4000 points before my opponent gets his first turn.

Loaded dice have an unequal probability for certain results. Generally, your order of preference should be 1>>5~6>>4>3>2. Most loaded dice increase the probability of 1 and/or 6, but there are also badly weighted dice that might be quite harmful. As dice increasing 6 are much more common than those weighted on 5, the relative value of 5 tends to fall far behind that of 6 as you gain more loaded dice. Even so, a single devil die is not necessarily better than a normal one, since a 666 combo is still quite unlikely and the reduced chance for 1 and 5 means you're more likely to fuck up. I particularly like the odd die (20/33 for 1 or 5) and heavenly kingdom die (2/3 for 1 and 1/3 for 6).

There's a rather comprehensive table of the probabilities here:
kingdom-come-deliverance [DOT] vidyawiki [DOT] com/Dice+Guide

You don't really need to lockpick anything in the monastery.

I suppose I should have clarified. I'm planning on trying to sneak in, instead of joining the monastery.

The skill needed to pick a very had lock then.

Does the magnet in the OP even work? I've tried it a couple times this week and it never downloads the info data.

You don't need to lockpick into the monastery. Just jump in.

If what you want is his gear you can also always knock him out without fighting, he has the Milanese brigandine which is way better than anything from the virgin, but the fight against him is also bugged anyway, if you wagered 250 groschen and your headcracker perk activated it would count as not winning the fight fairly and he will take your 250 shekels. This happened to me after my fight with him at which point I decided to rob him naked. Not sure if committing crimes against the wayfarers affects your reputation in an area, though.

The patrol quest takes a bit more than a few in-game hours since you're supposed to fuck around with him in the city and end the quest in the afternoon by which time he will ask you to join him at the tavern for a drink aka dice game tutorial. The taverns close around 19:00 so the best way to do this quest is by going to talk to him at precisely 11:00. The things you have encountered are probably the game's way of making sure you won't get shit from the Bailiff by still being in the tavern after it's closed which you will anyway in the next main quest

Downloaded it last night with the link.

So is my copy fugged, or is there absolutely nothing to do in this game? I've been going from town to town just looking for SOMETHING to do.

Try talking to innkeepers. Their dialogue will enable different quest givers near their particular towns. But it seems you need a certain degree of reputation for this.

I dunno retard, I guess everyone in the past five threads has just been making shit up

So I ransacked a farmhouse outside of Uzhzitz (it looked abandoned and I didn't realize it was part of the city's vicinity) now everyone in town hates me. Will this fuck things up later on in the game? Also what measures can you take to recover reputation?

no, this game is meant to weed out people like you

videogames are just barely one step above watching smoking weed and watching (((netflix))). And this game is so poorly made that you actually have to stop and constantly ask "If it supposed to be this way, or is my copy fucked?"

Horo mod when

You can always give alms or bandages to the random beggars around a town's vicinity. Also try selling your shit at a discount and buying at a premium from the merchants. If a guard ever frisks you, just pay him a bribe. Once your reputation has recovered enough the guards will stop harassing you. If there are any side quests available in the town try doing them first, this also raises your rep.

hmm

Maybe you should stop being such a retarded nigger expecting the game to ambush you with quests like it's skyrim. There are about a dozen sidequests and activities I've found in Rattay alone.

Commit another small crime where the guards can see you, then agree to go to jail. After you get out your rep should at least not be negative anymore.

it's all so obvious now

That's a pretty false statement. Older RPGs and even worse, JRPGs have plenty of quest that you will never have access to if you don't keep your eyes and ears open and skip reading text like niggers do.

Just replaced Henry's short retard hair with his father's. Looks way better imo.

It's a bad feel.
I have so many apples and no wolf to feed them to.

Well these guys weren't as strong as I was expecting. Only person left to kill is Barbard, and I literally can't because the game just decides I'm not allowed to attack him even though he's trying to kill me.

The game gets stupidly easy at later levels. I've been editing the rpg_param.xml to mitigate that, essentially removing weapon damage increases due to skill and increasing AI aggressiveness.
Warhorse is aware of the balance problems and have said they'll implement some changes to keep it difficult past the mid-point.

That does look pretty good.

This is getting annoying. Can you call your thread "Soydom cuck" so people looking for KH don't get addressed here?

I didn't even realize you could manually prepare ingredients. You are supposed to look at the book and hold E, which sets out all the materials on the table for you.

The game doesn't penalize you for experimenting with things you think can be done you know. The herb book even have symbols on the herbs telling you what solvents the herbs can be used for.

Don't take the bait.

Im pretty sure thats the moniker [your favoirite game] gets

If there's actually hidden alchemy recipes I'll be really fucking impressed.

I've been completely engrossed in this game for a week, so yeah.

Keep gobbling that circumsized disney cock, faggot

So this is the punishment for murdering half the town.

Yeah the AI aggressiveness is pretty pathetic.

At least it's not as bad as getting arrested in the tutorial

You're pathetic.

If you're going to be a faggot, at least wait until the game is out of development first before throwing your money at it. It's still basically an Early Access title sold as a finished product, and it's going to take a few months of patches to become playable.

We're not just talking about minor pathing issues or horrible clipping, shitty performance, and the occasional side-quest bug. It has major main-quest breaking bugs. It's a fucking paid open-beta.

Oh, and they disabled any useful game-fixing functionality out of the console. Nice.

Have you…Actually tried looking?

It's no worse than shitrim or New Vegas were when they released, and at least underneath is an actual decent set of systems.

How the fuck do I grind lockpicking? There aren't enough locks out there. I did a few levels on that practice chess at Peshek's place but then it stopped locking itself and I was only level 5. I'd pay my way through training but that shit is expensive. Lockpicking is already stupid easy, I just want this dumbass stat wall preventing me from opening very hard locks to go away.

Use a savior schnapps, grind it until you git gud. I had trouble with it to begin with as well, its not an easy system to get used to.

For what?

I don't have trouble with it. It's purely a stat problem because when I try to open a very hard lock, it says "this lock is too hard" and just auto fails me.

i didnt read the last part nvm, no bully im drunk

Nice.

There are PLENTY of locks, just make sure you lockpick everything you could reasonably get away with. Most people lock their doors at night, and RE lock again them every night or if they use the door themselves. There are also easy locked chests in virtually every house, most of those don't lock again but they are everywhere.

Can I run this on my old 2010 toaster?

Yeah, and it's unforgivable that those games are only playable after installing massive comprehensive community patches. So why is it suddenly ok or forgivable for KCD when it's just as broken as Brokethesda - other than "muh based dev" horseshit.

Go away, trannypol.

No, it barely runs on decent computers.

If you're looking for more lockpicks theres a thief/bandit in Uhzhitz that spawns everytime you pass by that gets chased by another npc yelling "thief" that has 7 or so lockpicks in his inventory if you manage to kill him.

Join the Bureau of Civilian Security, and spend your nights inspecting the security measures of everyone's homes, businesses, and personal storage. Thieves could be prowling, of course, and we wouldn't want the peasantry to be at risk of home invasions. Best to steer clear of the guards though, they tend not to see eye to eye with members of the bureau.

i hope they add an investigation system in the future: when a crime happens guards search for clues (like footprints that you leave behind if your boots are dirty) and witnesses that saw anyone nearby the crime scene
Also random NPC thieves you can catch

I guess I'll do that, then. I wasn't really wanting to actually steal stuff, just to be able to open these fucking treasure chests in the middle of nowhere that are locked and unable to just be forced open because reasons.

Skillbooks are another way of leveling it.

Are there kids? Can you kill them?

Your good friend matthew can train you as well.

no and no

Yes, but they're really good at hiding.
No, having kids would mean either making them immortal or being banned in some countries.

Probably not very well. My younger cousin is running it on low with a PhenomII X4 965, GTX 560ti, and 8GB of ram. Getting 15-35 FPS reportedly.
I'm on an i7-6700HQ, GTX1060, and 12GB of ram and I get around 35-60 on high. 35-45 in the cities, 45-60 in the wilds.

These already exist. you can hear people yelling about thieves in towns occasionally and try to catch or kill them as they flee.

thinking emoji

I wish the repurcussions for going on a murder rampage were more appropriate. It'd be funny if you were forced to sit inside your cell in game for those ten days without time skip :^)

????????? WHY would the devs not include any useful console commands so I can just skip this god-awful grind.

The game takes place in 1403. The term "occultism" first appeared in the XIX century due to Eliphas Levi.

Whoever said Maces were the way to go in this game is retarded. I'm well past my level of swordsmanship, and it's still way fucking easier to win with anything other than a mace.

Being stripped of all your possessions and money would be pretty good.

You open very hard locks with 8 lockpicking.

Try hitting them in the head.

Holy shit, it works. Props to whoever figured this out.

Depends on how shit your toaster is. I run it on an AMD Phenom II X6 and a GTX 780. I mean it's not got the best frame rate but I can turn a few things up and it will only occasionally become a slideshow.

Shit, now I feel terrible. The way he grabbed his face like he just had a nosebleed or something and then fell over will haunt me.

quick tip for macemanship:
get close into a clinch, spam m1 until you win to knockback the guy and it'll give you enough time for a free swing.
Swing at the head and watch people drop.

You can't surrender to any challenges, you have to lose by being brought down to half health. It applies to the Mercanary, Knight-Bro, and that faggot. I just lost to him on purpose by getting beat up, he gets very excited and happy. I did a good thing.

people in Bohemia also didn't speak modern English with crisp, modern English accents either.

What the FUCK? It literally removed the perk from the list of things I can learn.

After finishing the quest, I realized: Was it necessary to visit the scribe to learn to read or could I have just learned on my own buy buying books? For that matter, was it even necessary to learn to read at all? It's really not difficult to figure out recipes and such considering that the words are correct and the letters are just scrambled.

Pretty sure that if you haven't gone to the scribe, the books look like the fucking wingdings font.

It's an anachronism sure, but the works of Agrippa, Hohenheim, Ficino, etc appeared only a century later. Surely a synonym existed during the time period. Keep in mind its translated from Czech.

There's plenty of dialogue options later on involving reading as well as a quest that would actually be pretty hard if it was all gibberish at that level.

>(((Levi)))
I'm not even surprised anymore.

what was deleted
Fuvking cuckchan hotpockets I swear

Well shit.
me no good spik inglish

Mostly imported story related people. In the intro kunesh is possibly unable to die.

Yeah I heard that sometimes happens to some people. Guess you gotta reload, my dude.

So I just started the game for the second time and I get to the Kunish chest. I have the key but not any lockpicks from the lads. I want to use the key but the game wants me to try to pick it– of course I have no picks so I can't. How do I tell it to use the key instead?

Literally press e instead of hold it.

Try talking to Fritz.

kek

both "unlock" and "lock pick" use E, but it only tries to unlock.

ah
nm
it's a 'tap' instead of a 'hold' thanks

Good job retard

slutfu you mean

Does this game fuck up desktop gamma for anyone else? Every time I launch it it just gets brighter.>>14395506

nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/146

you shut your goddam mouth

I wish more people greeted me like that in real life.

I don't understand, half of the fun of this game is being covered in shit constantly

I personally just have a problem with getting dirty after 5 steps and it draging my charisma down

I love how this game actually makes me feel really awful about being dirty. I don't even care about the charisma values, I just hate how my character looks.

Yeah that's also one of the reason.
It goes from yellow and orange to brown and brown

I just hate how you can get absolutely filthy in under a few ingame hours.

Doesnt even take an in-game hour. You literally have to walk from the mill to rattay and you're completely dirty. Hence why I use that mod. Although sadly with the mod the progression of dirt doesn't show and after some time you just instantly get dirty.

Gookanon?

must have:

No Stamina Visual Effects
nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/10

No Blood On Screen
nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/58

No Drunk Sharpen Effects
nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/105

Why dont you use a horse you dirty peasent

Because even knights sometimes enjoy slow strolls in the woods.

That's because the mod author is nigger-tier retarded and set the dirt update interval to the same value as the max dirtying time. He also set the time it takes for you to get dirty when doing nothing to the same value as for when you're running around in the wilds.
If you want less retarded values, edit these lines in rpg_param.xml (or add them if they aren't there) with the following values

Then remove the entire line for "ClothDirtyingUpdatePeriod" if it's there.

With those values I was able to run from Talmberg to Uzhitz and only get a little dirty. And you should be able to ride around on your horse or stand still for a little less than three times as long as that trip takes before starting to get dirty.

Ah nice. Thanks fam.

"Must have" if you're a fucking faggot.

What the FUCK is going on here? Exactly how much did I sequence break? I didn't even do this on purpose.

Guess you'd better get in line

That's perk #52 of the 200 perks i will never use and that have no effect on the game.

Not saying it's a bad thing but damn, feels like the systems/upgrades in this game were designed for something 10x bigger. I'm on the last mission (completed most of the sides/activities) and maybe clicked 2 upgrades, haven't used a potion, only bought 1 sword, same o.g. horse.

Yes, since I could negate with Seven Mile Boots. That's the only tradeoff perk that's worth getting in this game. All the others are just fucking retarded tradeoffs where you're better off just getting neither.

stay strong user

So, not 100% sure, but I think if you lose to the Faint-hearten knight, he actually levels up a bunch and becomes harder. I lost to him on purpose, and next time I saw him I actually had a bit of trouble with him.

That's SkillToDmgConstA right? What's yours set to? I've increased mine to 350, decreased MaxDamage to 120 and also doubled armour values. It's working well against armoured enemies, but unarmoured ones still die in one or two hits, even if they block.

Yeah. I have mine at 300. Didn't bother touching MaxDamage because I like spears to just autofuck things if I hit them with one from horseback. I haven't touched armor values because Henry is already beefy enough as it is and those changes apply to him too.
I also changed ArmorDefenseToAttackingWeaponStatus to 0.3 (default is 0.02), which makes your weapon take way more damage from hitting armor and frequently fall to 0 durability during long fights.
Beyond that, these changes to AI are important to make them more aggressive
CombatAutoAttackDelayIncreasePerAttacker to 0.4 (default 0.8)
CombatAutoMaxAttackDelay to 2 (default 6)

Unarmored targets will still die quickly, yeah. I don't really see that as a problem though.

You also might think about using the option that reduces block and master strike timing by 50% from this mod so that you can't just riposte every attack anyone throws at you. nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/203>>14395823

Already have that mod, though I used the one that removes master strikes completely. As for being beefy, the fact that even the best armour gets out-damaged ~20 points with the late swords was really starting to get to me. I will try out your other changes though, thanks.

The monitor is 4K but the game won't realistically run at that resolution without proper multi-GPU support (developers are still promising this but have yet to deliver) so it's running at 1440p. Also using ReShade.

I've considered getting that. Manufactures have shown off an HDR gsync 21:9 1440p 200hz ultrawide, but that shit is likely not coming to market. They showed HDR gsync monitors years ago yet never produced them.

I've found that helmet too. It was on a bandit I killed on the outskirts of Pribyslavitz. Maybe it's an uncommon item that appears randomly on bandits?

Where can I get green nobleman's hose

Anyone else regret helping this creepy jew?

cuntscuntscuntscunts

considering starting a new game tbh

Are shields worth it? I've been rping the witcher so far with a poisoned longsword and light armor but I may do full plate this time

You didn't break much. Spoliers for how the mission actually goes:

You rescue the girl and take her to the apprentice
The apprentice gives you the location of the mine shaft
You go in and arrest the guy in charge
You can also take your pal Ulrich there, but he wants to kill them and you have to convince him to do otherwise before you can arrest the other guy

You only skipped one small (and optional) step, rescuing the girl.

With shortswords etc. yes, but never with a longsword, it slows them down a lot, making them nigh-on useless.

memed

Really? never saw any

So what's the best way to solve this quest "…Is a friend indeed"?

I haven't tried ambushing him in the woods but the arranged fight probably wouldn't solve anything. So I simply pickpocketed that scarf and after talking to the miller, the daughter started talking to me. I showed her the scarf and she went and showed it to Thomas who ran the fuck away. This seems like the best option since he wont be able to ever return without murdering the daughter or something which he obviously doesn't have the balls for.

I got the scribe perk and gave me a +3 reading skill, so I can read without learning. Now I'm not sure if I did well, is there any way to repurpose the perks?

twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/966699784353599489

I just told him to stop being a cunt. He listened, because when a man in bloody (as in covered in blood) plate shows up and tells you to stop being a cunt you do what he says.

Yeah but if you talk with him he just forces a deal on them where they need to leave after a while and can't touch the millers daughter. Are you really going to deny Matthew a shot at that thot?

He's a handsome guy with a decent trade and a good sense of humour, he can do better.

Also, there's a continuation this way where they've fucked off to one of the other towns. Haven't investigated yet, but it might be interesting.

Nice memed friend

I also took this other pic when it happened

Did you miss the part where OldThomas is running the mill for the old man, making him the defacto father? A scoundrel like Matthew even looking at her the wrong way is enough for a beatdown.

So how does knocking sleeping people out work? If you knock out a sleeping person will they report you for the crime? Will you lose reputation etc.? I ask because the npcs have their eyes open when you are doing the choke out animation. Googling seems to give mixed answers.

I just went on a stealing spree through Rattay by knocking out the shopkeepers and guards in their beds and then looting their shops. Seems like a really easy way to break the game if knocking out sleeping people is so easy.

It's not that easy, as knocking out someone has a good chance of waking up everyone else in the same room, occasionally even the house.
Might just be my sub-gorilla stealth level though

Yeah but it's implied that he's a murderer, he's also shit at his job which is why he chases every worker away after only a short while, so as to not be replaced.

Not my experience at all. There were a guard and two townspeople sleeping in the same room right next to each other and i knocked them all out no problem. I had noise 5 clothing and I think level 3 stealth.

Aren't we all son, aren't we all.

What skill trees or perks could anyone see being developed in the future? Are there enough open bodies of water in the game to warrant a swimming perk?

Polearms/halberds is probably getting modded in properly quite fast.

Should I get the Infamous perk? Having higher reputation gain seems way better than some puny attributes. People will end up liking me less if I choose the Local Hero perk.

glad to see the modders are doing their best to fix the game's biggest problems

Yes.
It's pretty ironic that the Infamous perk is nigh-on mandatory for any good knight playthrough, just in case something bugs out.

Seeing as those attributes cap at 20 there's basically no downside

I would have made it different., as so:
Easier to gain reputation, easier to lose it. Reputation rests naturally at 10. Cannot be combined with the Infamous perk.
Harder to gain reputation above 0, penalties for negative reputation reduced by half. Reputation rests naturally at -10, cannot be combined with the Local Hero perk.

It's been a while since I played such a comfy game.

Best rpg since new vegas

Anyone know where the repack keeps screenshots?

Anyone knows where can I repair horse stuff? My saddle and my caparison are shreded.

Also, how do you get horse armor? I've heard there are some NPC horses here and there with armor you can stole if you kill them, but I've yet to see any of them. Apparently some treasures also have horse armor, but none of the ones I've found had any.

users\\saved games\kingdomcome

I'm doing that Waldensians quest right now. This fucking riddle is killing me. I think I found most of the places the testimony describes, but I still have no idea what to do now.
I'm by the straw stacks on the hill, but what the fuck do I do now, I can't really go into the woods because it'll just stop me because it's the edge of the map.

The way he jumped out his window made up for doing the stupid tasks. I'm also curious but incredibly wary of that powdered 'unicorn' horn he gave me.

You've followed the wrong path. Give me a few minutes and I'll make you a small guide.

Try to find the right path, thought. It's quite confusing, but it's a ton of fun.

Nevermind, found it.

Yeah, the stacks on the hill were distracting me, making me think I had to go further.
It is pretty confusing. I got a good chuckle when I figured out what the "Queen and their towers" meant.

Tailor will repair caparison. What do you mean by shredded? I read that saddle and bridle are infinite durability.

I was preparing a map, but's good to see you've found your way. Personally, I really enjoyed follwing theheretic's diary. I can't help but wonder what drugs he took. Has to be said, I spent a lot of time chasing mut huts and hay stacks. They are everywhere in that area.

My chair's durability is at 0. Doesn't seem to affect anything, but I don't like it being broken. The caparison is blooded and has some holes, so it's the one that needs to be repaired the most.

Fuck I'm retarded. I thought that was the first place I looked, but I somehow ended up in documents\saved games.
In any case, how the hell does pic 1 have more visibility than pic 2? Since when is dark blue cloth more visible than bright silver plate?

Yeah, I've found about a dozen so far. You can kill them on the spot or beat them until they submit and choose from a number of options. Letting them go, letting them go with what they stole, or executing them. Then the person they stole from runs up, asks if you got whatever it was back, and gives you a small reward if you did.

Him and the Wayfarer Knight keep respawning for me.
I've already killed them both a half dozen times each. Their loot is a good source of dosh at least.

if the victim catches up with the thief, they have a fistfight. I spent 5 minutes watching this in Uzhitz once. Then got bored and rode off.

I think that's actually deliberate, since one of the popular drugs Witches used would give the feeling that you're flying. So I think that's actually Henry getting high at the alchemy table and if you don't stop in time then you'll die from OD.

They were promised, or implied at least.
You know what other game is full of broken promises?

Pribyslavice, Vranik, and the siege are what's considered a large-scale battle by the devs

The 1v1 lineup is the biggest issue then the actual amount of guys.

I reloaded and did the entire quest again but the same thing happened, I guess I just have to wait till the next patch or go back to 1.2 just to finish this one quest. In the meantime I'm just doing a shitload of sidequests

HOW THE FUCK DO I FIND HANEKIN HARE

Have you tried looking harder?

talk to people in Talmberg, follow the rumours

HAHA FUCKING SKYRIM IS BETTER AFTER ALL! DIDN'T LIE ABOUT ALL THESE FEATURES YOU DON'T HAVE IN THE FINAL GAME XDDD

Thanks for the input

Todd lies his ass off, and I ain't watching your stupid shit.

I did all that and followed every lead. The game says talk the wife of the hunter but she has nothing more to say to me.

???

you need to get the wife to hang a garland on her house which will make Hare think she's still in love with him. He'll then turn up at there meeting place.
I think you have to investigate his camp to the north of Talmberg. Try talking to the charcoalburners up that way.

I have a few questions :
1) Is riposte deliberately made easier in the "tutorial" with Bernard ? In the training I did them without any problem in real time but in real combat I hardly pull them off. I also noticed that the tooltip says I'm supposed to press attack at the same time that I perfect block whereas the training didn't mention any of that.
2) Am I supposed to get a follow up to the Masquerade quest from Matthew and Fritz ? I finished the quest but I didn't get any other quest from them or the Innkeeper (well, he did give me something but that was unrelated to the whole disguise thing).
3) Is First Aid III bugged ? I can't heal Antonia's husband in Aquarius (I searched, I definitely should've gotten an option to offer my help but I didn't) and I can't heal Matthias' wounded arm during the sickness quest (I don't know if I should've been able to, however).

Yes. As your skill grows, the window from a proper riposte grows larger. More skilled opponents give a smaller window. Easy opponents (guys dressed in rags) will give a HUGE window even at low skill.

I see, thanks. Does the "Defense" skill of a weapon also influences the parry window or is just related to normal blocking (amount of stamina depleted for example) ?

Meant to say stat, not skill.

Pretty sure it's both. It'll decrease stamina used and increase the parry window.
PRO TIP: If training with Bernard with Maces using a real weapon is MUCH EASIER than practice weapons

Anyone else find it impossible to get the timing right on combos? It doesn't help that 80% of the time when training with Bernie he doesn't let that first hit go through so I miss the opportunity. Training in the world is no help either.

You are not alone, you are not alone.

Combos should be the most efficient way to deal with high skill opponents. They require some memoricing, precise timing and skill to know when it's viable to pull them of. Instead, they are imposible to use against high tier opponents and end up being more of a gimick than anything else. If combos played a more important role in combat, the fighting experience would be a lot more satisfiying.

Git gud, the timbing on combos is exactly the same as the timing on any string of hits. It's not special at all.

Did you think a seasoned mercenary is going to just stand there with his dick out and refuse to parry your attacks whenever he has a chance? There are myriads of ways to land combos but I'm not going to spoonfeed either of you faggots, git gud.

Yeah, sure.

Thing is, when scoring combos, I think parried attacks should count. I'd preffer combat if it was more about waiting for an oppening and then executing a good technique to damage you opponent.
Right now, ripost, clinch and bashing the opponents head after the clinch are the optimal way of dealing with your foes. Even if you opponent is exhausted (which they never are cause the AI lacks aggressiveness) hitting four strikes in a row (and without killing them in the process!) to pull out a combo is almost imposible, and is definetly a really inconsistent and uneficient way of dealing with him.
And again, an opponent that can survive four consecutive sword hits has a high enough level to block and ripost after the first hit.

Buy that VR game he shilled

Speaking of bullshit enemies, how hard are these Sassau "Interlopers" quest (the bandit hunting activity)? I can usually handle one strong parrying fuckface but every bandit in this camp is on fucking steroids. And the way I've done melee group fighting is getting in a hit or two and getting space, there's no way you'll get through their guard without comboing and that's a death sentence when you're fighting 4-5 at once.

I really want to get into proper sword fights since most just die in a hit or two but this is also no fun.
It just feels inefficient and bad to go into melee when a single arrow will take them out, after failing to manly fight them 3 times in a row, I just snuck up and 1 shot two of them in the back then put two arrows in the guy charging me and the others fled or haven't turned up. I know I could have taken out all 5 at once with minimal damage taken even if I didn't get two combat starting kills.
And this is even without horseback cheesing.

Speaking of bows, can you actually buy decent ones somewhere? I found this pumped up Cuman bow which is a slight upgrade from my longbow.
Does the Cuman have less range? Range should be shown by power, right? And it has more of that.

the cuman bow is pretty strong.
so far i've only found better bows in the treasure map chests. you need to be able to unlock (very) hard locks for those though.

Bring a mace for those camps, most of the enemies have decent armor, personally I didn't have any problems with them and I was at a lower level than you. Those camps should've at least 2-3 weak enemies that go down in a few hits and don't parry often. Even a plain Morningstar should do the trick but if you can a Warhammer/Heavy Wahammer is better (although the latter is borderline OP against armored opponents so I don't use it often).

Tried again with mace and shield this time, way easier to break their guards but I also feel like I won because I killed two right from the start.
Went back to sword again and a single misstep in my means death if just two start comboing.

I'm just gonna stick to bows if the game throws this dumb shit at me.

I stopped playing with mace because lack of range is boring and they're the most effective when you just spam slash at their heads, which is also kind of dull.

I still don't understand the combat very well. It feels like most of the time the stronger enemies are just impenetrable walls of parry+riposte… and then occasionally you get lucky and just stunlock them to death.
I remember the first bandit camp I found was the one with six bandits to the east of Sasau. I spent literally hours there trying to lure them out one by one with the bow until I got a lucky kill of the one with medium-tier armour and the Fearnot sword. Then the rest were easy.
Shield faggots give me the most trouble. Try going to the south west of Sasau near Vranik there's a place on a path where an empty chest spawned for me and then 2 knights in full armour with fancy shields suddenly attacked. I couldn't kill either, had to run. I think they might be related to late game.

Put those 25k to good use and get yourself better armor. Your cuirass, gambeson and chauses could use an improvement. A combat jacket or a brocade can also give you a lot of armor in the torso, specially against blunt damage. Also, in my experience, shiled + mace (or any other one handed weapon) is the best choice against groups of enemies.

Guess I'm back to using a mace, it's really night and day when it comes to guard break even if they avoid like cunts.
Sneaking up with a bow and taking out as many as possible before switching to melee is decently satisfying, with a mace I can easily bully 2 strong enemies at once.

Speaking of maces, do they gain any benefits from being wielded without a shield? It seems only Longswords actually uses both hands if your offhand is empty.

How could anyone possibly injure such a charismatic and handsome knight as this? I think you're the one that got his priorities in the wrong order.

[spoiler]I do have some stronger replacements. The plate chausses look good aesthetically and they're good but have bad charisma, working myself up to using those without feeling the 4 charisma too much.
Gambeson can be hidden under gear decently, but the outer jackets look like trash.[/spoiler]

Yes, parried attacks should count and the final strike be far more difficult to block or riposte. I'm also annoyed at how a hit interrupts you, but not the AI, who will be completely unfazed and pull of their six-strike combo.

Git gud with a longsword, it's not that fucking hard.

You can also draw them into good terrain and fight from horseback, or rush them at night. If you do the latter, don't overly bother with stealth, just beat them dead while they're still getting up. That's much faster than a stealth kill and won't lock you up for several seconds in which things can quickly go downhill.

Those bandits are way easier, also it's not that I have trouble clearing the camp, I can do that without taking damage.
If I want to cheese them I can use a bow, if I want to cheese them harder, I can use a bow from horseback. If I want to cheese them slightly less, I can use my sword/mace from horseback.

I'd just really want to get into intense melee fights where it's not 4 dodging faggots beating up on me, or a fight where a single sweep from my sword nearly decapitates two bandits at once.

I can't believe I got memed into playing this

I agree, it seems the fun peaks when you're still in the hobo phase and you're fighting enemies that die in one hit when you're high level. Since you're both equally shitty, you can at least string some combos without being perfect blocked at every hit.

get a refund

I got 25 hours by now, alot of bugs but not a single crash

You didn't pay for it, right user? Game might be fun but the game-breaking bugs are still inexcusable to ask money for it.

Where'd you get the jacket in the set on the right?

I also want this stylish jacket.

not him, but it's the best overcoat I could find in the entire game.

I have an ash longbow with comparable stats. Yew longbow is BiS.

BUT WHERE?

Do not tantalize us you monster.

Has anyone managed to piece together the armor shown in the loading screens? Specifically the one with Henry on a horse holding a flag.

GOG torrent when?

The GoG version just unlocked. Now to wait for some tasty torrent link

when's the 1.3 update again? is it already out?

I doubt that particular armor is in the game user.
I know, it looks cool as fuck.

I fought this mercenary again and I feel like he's pretty okay balanced and a fun fight. He didn't dodge spam all the time, he avoided but not to a point where it was annoying and he could take a good amount of blows. But maybe up his aggressiveness slightly.
Though I only have 10 in sword skill so maybe I'll overpower him way more later on.

Quartered combat jacket

thanks. one of the treasure map locations?

Treasure map XXIII

ty. here have a qt

I have it, but got it from a dead merchant I found on the road. Keep your eyes open when you encounter road battles.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/20324199/Kingdom_Come__Deliverance_[GOG]

user you're just shit at the game lol.

I'm having fun

But that's exactly how it is now…?

I can't get the halfsword combo with the shortsword to come off. All the rest work fine for me though.

Even if a lock is "very hard" you can open some at 9 and some will still be "too hard" for you to lockpick, in which case your lockpick instantly breaks. I haven't hit the threshold to be able to open even the hardest locks, but I suspect its around 12 or 15 since the game has a habit of putting skill breakpoints in the same place as getting new perks. One of the best ways I've found to grind lockpicking is to go around and unlocking every door and trunk, even very easy locks get you good experience since there are so many of them around.

If its Merhojed all the animals die as the result of the "plague" during the main quest "Pestilence" after you finish the fight in Pribyslavitz.

Perks are set up in a really retarded way, especially the ones that have downsides. Currently I've got 3 points in drinking because none of them seem good enough for what I use drinking for, using potions.
I think being locked out of an opposing perk to be enough of a drawback as is. Warhorse seems to be confusing origin perks which you get for free and use to influence your playstyle with perks you earn as you get more proficient in a skill.

I'm disappointed that you can't wear hoods or control your helmet visor.

Easiest way is from the guard of the Rattayan weaponsmith. But be careful, that fucker respawns and if he becomes your enemy, you can hardly walk onto the marketplace without being attacked.

doing everything drunk reminds me of my summer car

would you, Holla Forums?

HELLO HENRY
HELLO HENRIETTA

that wench henrietta came to visit us!

the character screen says I should use my level to compare it to my friends. what levels are you guys at? I only got to level 5.

20fag

The short answer is no. Maces generally have low defense, to me it seems they were designed to always be used in conjunction with a shield. With longswords your attack speed actually increases a bit if you two-hand it, while the one handed weapons do not show any difference. The short range of the mace also means you're fucked if the enemy has a decent reach (polearms, longswords) so I always use a shield with one.

Do all bridles look the same to anyone else?

One shot a mercenery at a similar encounter after grinding agility and strength to 13-16 respectively, after repeated anal fisting of a a bandit(the thief encounter in a town) i knocked out and he layyed so carefully over a stone wall presenting himself to me. sadly one cannot punch anyone to death in this game it seems. saw the poor fuck at the inn later for a drink, no money my ass

Has anyone ever encountered the chad knight but he refuses to fight you anymore? As in, he still shows up to challenge you, but when you go to talk to him, the dialogue immediately ends after Henry says "we have met before, haven't we?". For me this happened after I accidentally killed him during one of the encounters with Headcracker.

Why aren't there any gay transsexual black people of melanin in this game?

I hope they add a nigger wayfarer so that a bunch of people get triggered over the inevitable videos of people hunting it down and killing it.

Thank god this cheat mod has the ability to remove the stolen tags or I would honestly probably just drop this game here.

I know I'm late but here's a better version.

There are two homosexuals.

Now who was saying there's no black people in this game?
Also, how am I supposed to solve this without killing the bandits? If I beat them and let them run off the women still end up dead somehow.

You don't. I don't know how the hell you managed to get the women killed, though.

After beating the bandits I couldn't talk to any of the women or go back to report to the priest.
So I waited an hour, and when I woke up, they were all dead. As soon as I left the clearing I got the update to report to the priest.

They should just run away, either as soon as the bandits show up or right after you kill them, I don't remember.

If you don't kill the bandits (you onlyh knock them out) the women appear dead. The quest has two outcomes: bandits dead or women dead (I think you can also combine both). Also, even if you don't get high, you end up fighting demonic alucinations and having to kill people.

So much for "resolve every quest your own way"

Yeah, I just tried not interrupting at all, and the bandits still appeared as demons.
Good job warhorse.
Now off to the priest to get scolded for murdering the poor innocent woodcutters in cold blood.

This so fucking much. I'm getting real pissed off with this game near the end. Apparently, you are SUPPOSED to fail the night raid. Even though I defeated both of the guards and got to the portcullis controls, they weren't usable. There was no prompt to press e on them anywhere. I had to look it up because I thought it was a bug and apparently there is no possible way to do that mission successfully even if you literally kill every single enemy in that place.

New thread. This one reached bump limit.

Yes, since I once told him that I've got no time.