How will people remember the Eight generation of consoles When the ninth generation start?

How will people remember the Eight generation of consoles When the ninth generation start?

Other urls found in this thread:

macobserver.com/news/apple-tv-gaming/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're the only person left alive who knows or cares what those numbers mean.

Burn it all down

The generation model was created by Nintendo and SEGA. Just let it die now

Did any games actually come out for the eighth generation?

Yes, but they're all for the switch except bloodborne.

I like to know What the hell happen to infamous and killzone. In less than 2 to 3 years we gotten a killzone and gears of war trilogy.

I like to know What the hell happen to infamous and killzone? In less than 2 to 3 years we gotten a killzone and gears of war trilogy. I remember hearing about killzone shadow fall collapsing.

It's the gen of NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENED the end

Isn't ps4 last gen?

InFamous took them too fucking long to make and they didn't have a vision for it and KillZone, well, it just didn't appeal too much from the shooter crowd because it still didn't let you play as the Helghast, and no, that bitch who snipes the dindu at the end of Shadowfall doesn't count, Shadowfall sold well but it didn't do anything new or even improved it's storytelling by moving from Space WW2 to Space Cold War.

Collapsing I mean online community not flopping

People will remember the scourge of social justice, I bet.

I have a feeling it will be remember for having the last traditional handhelds.

I can't wait to get the Playstation 5.2 or 5.3, depending when the remaster of Demons Souls is ported from PC.

who gives a shit I jumped to the PC ship 20 years ago and let consoles sink after Reach.
Never. Looked. Back.

Both were always piles of shit, nobody cares

Didnt play cracknig 1 or 2 and this one looks even more stupid.

It's a videogame user. Do you expect it to be a mature game for a mature gamer such as yourself?

I swear I fell into a coma somewhere down the line.

Take a look at that fucking nigger. Who honestly wants to play as that or be exposed to any ooga booga muh dik within the game itself? Black "people" are horrible protagonists and need to be shunned by any self respecting white dude who enjoys vidya. If I'm not wrong, you had to play as a nigger in the other two games as well. Sorry you're looking forward to nignog superhero cop theft auto 3, but it's fucking bullshit. This is a series that never should have been a series. I'm disappointed in the white race for even giving them enough sales to make a second game, but it IS on the Xbox, so I guess it should have been expected.

I, for one am excited to tell my grandchildren about the full-price betas for fantastic games like freeze dong and pick men. Back when there was no funky new mode.

All I care about is gameplay. I hope you are baiting and aren't actually this retarded.

Infamous second son was actually a good game and was it fun to zip around the city with the powers.

If they really cared about the next console gen they would have boycotted this one.

Maybe you don't care about ooga booga muh dik in your vidya but I have standards.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally will remember the eighth generation as the one that finally pushed me into becoming a PC gamer and never looking back, saving consoles only for those precious retro games to remind me of a time when the free marketplace of ideas was a meritocracy.

Pretty much this. I think Only console people remember from the eight generation is the Switch. Everything will be a hybrid console/handheld system in the future. In a few years. You will start pc gaming tablets become popular.

Forget about "generations". Generations of windows ended, generation of consoles go same way. There would permanent upgrade like with PC.

It will be remembered as the generation that killed conventional consoles.

It's looking like they want the phone model (slight improvements and a new model every year or so) Nintendo did this to a certain extent with the 3DS but the N3DS games never really took off. With the fans Sony and Microsoft have they could easily just churn out PS4 Pro 2's and whatever and they could probably get away with it.

So all the fancy destruction you need to have an xbone which of them? plus a solid internet connection because it takes data from the microsoft cloud thingy or computational power.

So I hope you anons have sexbox live.

The models been tested and found to be unsustainable already. People treat consoles like other living room equipment, upgraded every few years. Consumers have proven unreceptive to the smart phone model for this hardware. Move on from thinking about it, as it's a dead end.

Here comes a new challenger!
macobserver.com/news/apple-tv-gaming/

They will emulate it and call people born before them hardwarefags.

Also aren't we at like Gen 12 or something? There are 3 PS4s and 3 Xbones, right?

i'm done with videogames, fuck this shit.

If they made the decision to force you to play a nigger, you're the retard for expecting anything other than muhdik chimpout gameplay with ebonics dialogue.

Holy shit so do I, it feels like 2006 was only yesterday and Gears of War was just rolling out with the best graphics that I could think of, the Wii being fucking everywhere, I remember watching the reveal trailer for Smash Bros. Brawl for the first time so clearly and being really excited about it, I don't like this feel.

TV AND MOVIES TV TV EXPERIENCE WATCH TV TV ANYBODY? TV SPORTS SPORTS TV TELEVISION TV SPORTS COWA DOODY COWA DOODY TV GO HOME

you will forever have this feel. there is no incentive for game developers to make good games anymore.

But anooon they gotta pander to 14% of the population of one country of which only a minuscule amount actually play video games.

At first, not at all because it was shit.
In a few years time, they'll jerk off over how good it was because games will have found new ways to become even more shit by then.

It was the last gen actually worth remembering. At this rate, the five of us who'll manage to reproduce will probably tell their grandkids about the last time games weren't made by corporate committees or outright (((bankers)))

>Ninth Gen
This board has become a dumpster fire just as bad as cuckchan.

If you had standards then you would play good games.
It brings back cuck memories doesn't it user?

Whats more appealing about having all the consoles get a "newer" version every other year?

"Remember when we used to use controllers and keyboards and this thing called a mouse?"

>>>/soyboys/

They won't, every mainstream consumer entertainment product after 2007 has been designed to either be quickly forgotten or revered religiously a decade down the line.
Heck, I bet the PS5 will just be another generic low-end x86_64 SoC with seamless backcompat if you pay the ₪5 game license transfer fee.
Not that it matters anyhow as homebrew is the only thing consoles are good for these days.

I may as well have been in a coma for how little I've accomplished between then and now.

The last generation that i bought consoles, will only buy different proposal consoles (like switch), not muh graphics because PC is superior.

And the cucked soyboy exposes himself yet again.
Go suck apes' dick, yo sub-human.
Projecting your weakness won't lead you anywhere.

Having a good version that lasts many years, is cheap and has good games.

Every year upgrade is bonus. Main idea is to provide diversified line of products that can capture all parts of teh markets: poorfags, middle class and whales. When consumer finally decides to go to store store must have products that costs exactly as consumer has money in the pocket no matter how much money it is $100 or $3000. With old model of generations poorfags and whales moneys are not captured. Total poorfags go for second hand outdated consoles, or f2p PC, whales at best buy your middle ground one size fit all consoles and games underpaying your comparing to their capabilities, at worst they buy alienware golden plated boxes leaving your brand completely. "Permanent upgrade" means that OFFICIAL store has products ranging from outdated discounted shit to thousand dollars hot hyped shit. But all backward compatible all with the same games (no need to pay many times for game development), all new popular games can be sold across entire install base boosting revenues with their hype. All under you brand, all money go directly from customer into your pocket.

For total cancer your can charge different prices for different game versions, i.e. 4K games for example $120 instead of standard $60 price.

Nice cuckchan buzzwords. You are the only one exposing yourself.
Kek, you really are cancer.

The best GTA

I don't even fucking know. Politics have ruined most of entertainment this decade. Thanks California.

I am more wondering how the 7th gen will be remembered. to me it felt like a slow crawl of cover shooters and shitty reboots.

Then again I remember the 6th gen being great so maybe that will happen here too with new gamers thinking this was the golden age.

Is this a falseflag? Is 4chan invading?

9th generation already started last year with the Switch.