What’s the worst video game sequel?

What’s the worst video game sequel?

My vote’s for pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

guildwiki.gamepedia.com/User:Dark-Angelus/buildarchive/Build:R/Mo_Basic_Ranger_Runner
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Majesty 2.
I'm afraid we'll never get the sequel Majesty deserves.

It was streamlined and casualized, sure, but it wasn't that bad.

I liked the game for what it was.
Not to mention I really like Dante's look in this one.
Gameplay and story wise it was one giant heap of shit, but hey.

Diablo 3

The gameplay was much worse than DmC, but at least the devs didn't insult the fanbase constantly prior to release.

You should look (but never play) for some game called Final Fantasy XIII.

What is that a sequel to?

Barrinng all the final fantasy titles crapped out, Dragon Age 2 takes the cake for the worst sequel in recent gaming history

Bad as in bad on its own merits or bad as in having absolutely nothing to do with its predecessor? If the later then I nominate this. If the former then just imagine I posted the wikipedia articles for every game released in the past 10 years.

To Square's fall into dementia.

Neither are as bad as some of the others in this thread, but goddamn do I hate 343.

I love playing that game even though it’s terrible

(jump from FEAR 1 to 2 is bigger than 2 to 3 in my opinion)

I like it better than the new shit

the piss filter I can get over, but contextual cover commands make me physically ill. who actually prefers a system like that? maybe someone on console.

Seconding Dragon Age2. There really is something special kind of horrible in this series.

DA2 is such a colossal fucking shit heap compared to predecessors. And of course we also got the follow up with Cisquisition. What an absolute atrocity of a series.

m8 there was only one game before DA2. They went from somewhat generic but still fun party-based RPG to AWESOME BUTTON almost overnight.

Halo 5's Core gameplay, MP and forge are actually really good. The art design is still awful (for Halo, at least, It'd be fine as another IP), the story is dogshit, and the campaign is easily the worst in the series accounting for time, and the removal of spitscreen is unexxusable, though.

4 is also still a pretty good FPS, it's just subpar for Halo (the absolutely awful story aside).

This has got to be one of the worst. The resource management that played such a central role in the first game is all but gone but more than that, the enemy AI was made extremely simple and stupid.

I don't know about worst, but pic related was one the most offensive sequel in recent memory.

As bad as 8 is, 9 is even worse.

9 is a terrible Ultima game but is just an ok, albeit boring action RPG by itself. 8 is abysmal to play no matter what perspective

Something in those words flashing during cutscenes makes me angry. The faggot who came up with this must be a giant hipster douche who sees himself as a genius.

Guild Wars 2 is the correct answer for shitting on everything the first game tried to do to shake up the MMO formula. Also trannies.

From awesome explodifying things game, to lame.

I liked it better than Morrowind

This hot trash. Embeded is an example of some of the levels. Remember this is a space/flight combat game.

Guess you can't embed and have an image

No one cares that you have shit taste

I hate Skyrim, but parts of Morrowind were too slow for me, namely the fucking walk speed. Not to mention the graphics haven't aged well and it's hard to distinguish where you are compared to other parts of the map.

I enjoyed this and still don't get why 90% of anons hate it. Is it really just because it spawned a "lol so nerdy" meme with cake?

Daggerfall is better than any of them anyway

Because the puzzles are fucking lazy compared to the first one as is the Reddit-tier writing.

They shit out an unfinished game on the last day they owned the license, and 90% of the game needed to be downloaded as a day one patch.

Most of the time even with really shit games you can tell at least someone was trying, even if they didn't do so great of a job.
But this, nobody cared about this, nobody thought they were making a good game. It was just one last cash grab before they let it die.
I can't think of a worse way something can end.

THPS5 is an absolute shame and I don't think there's any excusing it. I think it was forced on devs who didn't know how to do it right, forced to have it out on short time, and the whole project is the absolute example of a cash-in.

DA2 is patrician

Those are truly superficial criticisms, you strike me as under experienced if not underaged

I'll agree with you on everything except the walk speed. Of course, you can just mod it up, or get the Boots of Blinding Speed.

I did get the Boots of Blinding Speed, but it's disappointing being only able to play as a Breton or suffer horrible fucking walk speed.

I don't mind the ability to miss hits either, that doesn't bother me as it would normally other fags who complain about it.

FAGGOT CHOOSE +25 SPEED DURING CREATION IF YOU CAN'T STOMACH GETTING A FEW LEVELS TO INCREASE IT. NEXT TIME YOU DIS MORROWIND I'LL TRACK YOUR IP AND [RETRACTED FOR LEGAL REASONS]

wut
When you put on boots of blinding speed, resistance is only checked when you put them on, not constantly. You can make a spell of 100% magic resist for 1 second on self that anyone can cast, cast it, then immediately pause and put on the boots. The only classes that can't utilise the boots are Khajiit and Argonians on account of them not being able to wear leg armour.

My pick is HyperNep 2 rebirth boogaloo, seemed a lazy effort a la Bioshock 2 without much innovation and a hell of a lot of reused material.

It wasn't as good as the first by far, but not the worst game especially compared to the vast majority of games released today.

How new are you?

I maxed out my speed and still wasn't happy

Nearly the entirety of the Sonic franchise

That's why there's mods to make you go fast

There's no need for this if you just play the game. Morrowind is so loaded with magical items that you can get to pretty much any location in the game within about 30 seconds so long as you know where it is you're going. Blinding Speed + Levitate 1pt permanent + almsivi + divine + mark/recall. Once you know the locations of the various temples you can just enchant a few rings with almsivi/divine/mark, with those you can get all over the map in seconds with a teleport+boat+silt strider chain, then you just fly at 300spd to your destination. I'm not joking, I do it every Morrowind playthrough and pretty much the only exemptions to the 30 second rule is death mountain's peak and northern solstheim. It's all enchants too, so you can do it as a straight fighter.

Nier Automata, easily.

They kept talking about revolutionizing the genre and then they made it more a copy of wow than the original was.

I know m8, I've played the game and it doesn't bother me.

I wish they'd have just made the cancelled Utopia expansion instead, but then they wouldn't be able to make tons of money from whales buying sparkledog cosmetics in their cash shop.

the first DA was also shit. go play it again and you'll see

nice reverse shilling nigger, your newest installment of Cisquisition will be shit and EA will guy you afterwards

wut

Other M is self-explanatory.

Armageddon is such a downgrade from the previous games in every way. The lack of open-world like in Guerilla I'd normally forgive, but the generic alien bullshit and dull corridor levels I could not. Red Faction's supposed to be about space commies not aliens ffs.

I don't post much.

I unironically liked that. It felt kind of cool, like those action movies with that kind of editing and nice transitions.
The problem are the gameplay itself and the character.

The gameplay was good because of the unrealistic mechanics. You jumped into a room of fourty guys, slowed time down and killed everyone with a headshot before hitting the floor. Despite that, the game was still hard enemies' bullets hit as hard as yours. It had a good balance requiring skill that rewarded you with powerful plays. That made it fun. Not to mention the weird mind-fucking parts like the dream and the bad trip.
In comes 3 with the nu-rockstar going "muh realism, people like GTA. Jumping into a room full of people and not being instakilled is unrealistic, remove that, even though it was the one thing that made the older games fun. The game got turned into pretty much a fucking cover shooter with optional slow mo.

The character is another thing that pissed me off. Apparently it was already bad in 2, but I haven't played it yet.The thing about Max Payne is that his life was completely fucked. His wife was killed, his baby was killed and he was wanted for trying to get the criminals that did it. Despite that he was still a smug cunt. He fucked with other people. He was dead inside, but he was still strong enough not to show it and cry in front of everyone.
Nu-payne is a little bitch from what little I saw. Just a fat depressed guy that can handle guns. That's it. It's realistic, sure, but he was completely scratched, fucked and dumbed down. There's no character anymore, just a generic shooter protag.
I like realism in games, arma 3 is fun because of the realistic parts it tries to mimic. When it's applied to inherently unrealistic games, however, it's pure fucking cancer. That's what killed Max Payne.

yes it was

Oh yeah those challenging Portal 1 puzzles, like the time you do a big jump into a portal to do a portal fling, or the other time you do a big jump into a portal to do a portal fling.

But hey, lets not forget those energy spheres! Where we have to… shoot a bunch of portals, wait for them to move slowly across the room and then promptly forget about them once they hit their receiver! Yeah we wouldn't want to have to worry about figuring out how to maintain the connection like you have to with Portal 2's laser beams, that would be too challenging!

Its the posterchild of consolized sequels dumbed down for the masses

MP3 takes what could be seen as the worst aspect of both games that came before it and just make them much worse by shoving an huge dose of nofun and casualization in the game on top of that
Those being, pseudo realistic gameplay + annoying enemy placement from 1 and constant cutscene interruption + pseudo realistic characters/story from 2.

You'd owe it to yourself to replay 1&2 before saying something so idiotic, all the flaws Armageddon has were already there even "muh aliens out of nowhere".

The first one was a fun little puzzle game with some funny writing that was easy to ignore if you didn't like it. The second one because of the cake memes from the fist decided that the only reason people played the game was because of the writing and so that is the main focus, so the game is more drawn out and slower with the much worse writing thrust front and center regularly interrupting the puzzles. There is even a moment where the same basic puzzle is repeated twice near the end of the game just to tell you something pointless about the new character. The only good bit was when you went to the old testing facilities because Cave Johnson was actually well written and was just in the background allowing you to focus on the new gel puzzles.

It was promising but it couldn't hold a candle to Blood Omen

git gud

you mean you didn't lurk some moar

GW1 was an MTG clone, and this is a good thing.

What made guild wars 1 so great? I see it shilled all the time but it looks like the typical MMO

Can't really shill a dead game user.
Impossible to properly explain since you sort of had to be there, but I'll give it a go. It had elements of MtG, Diablo, PSO and EQ/WoW, but played like none of them. It was super competitive and super co-operative, for all the wowboy complaining about heavy instancing, when GW was in it's prime you could find a PUG for anything in the game in less than 5 minutes because the games design so efficiently funneled people into groups that even the most anti-social players would be more comfortable grouping content than soloing, it was just natural, there was only one reason a player would be in a mission instance after all so the moment you zoned you would start getting invites. Meanwhile in your average open world MMO you play the game as a solo rpg treadmill where you occasionally see other players moving around, such immersion. Guild Wars learned its lesson from the first game and made sure that for both expansions that players would be max level by the time they'd finish the tutorial island and immediately have access to max AC armour. Difficulty increased instead based on Guild Wars emphasis on mission/level design and encounter design, another benefit of instancing. I can't really do enough justice to the class/build system so I'm not even going to try, but there were builds for things you wouldn't even think of; I used to do Droknar's Run with a RaMo, since Prophecies had a much slower progression than the expansions, players in Prohecies with low level characters would pay me to run, as in literally run, through a number of high level zones to get to a place where they could buy max AC armor. In Guild Wars when one player reaches a zone line the whole party gets transported, so my Ranger had a build that was designed solely for the purposes of surviving a 30- 40 minute sprint through incredibly treacherous high level areas solo. I just found it guildwiki.gamepedia.com/User:Dark-Angelus/buildarchive/Build:R/Mo_Basic_Ranger_Runner (last edited 2010, that's depressing) On top of that, in GW1 when you die you get a -15% Health/Energy penalty on respawn that stacks, this makes the build unusable if you died once, and if you got 30 minutes into a 40 minute run oh boy would your customers would be pissed if said you needed to start over. I've gone off on a tangent, whatever. tl;dr the game was great but like all MMO's you had to be there when it was alive. They added heroes so you can now technically solo everything except the alliance elite missions and maybe Mallyx, I dunno, but either way it's a lot slower than playing with real humans and not nearly as fun. Also fuck the Kurdicks, Luxon4life.

It was original and also fun to knock down hornet nests to sting him or make him depressed by breaking things.

flatout 3

Both the game & movie.

The shame is that Guild Wars killed itself and ended ALL player cooperation when they released Nightfall and gave everybody a full party of heroes that could literally play the game better than mere mortal humans could ever dream of.

Still I think Guild Wars' PvE content is worth it with or without humans. I honestly wish there was some kind of standalone offline version of the game so it could be preserved for all time after Anet shuts down the servers.

Did it not have NPC party members at launch? I remember playing really early in the game's life and it had that, but they were pretty shit.

On Nightfalls release you were only allowed to bring 2 heroes per human player, the full hero party only came much, much later. What killed Guild Wars was the population being split/going to GW2, 90% of them quitting within 2 months but very few coming back to GW1, which I can hardly blame them for since GW2 was the death sentence for any future GW1 content.

Henchmen, but they were garbage in anything past the first 5 missions or so.

I played Cisquisition and it's actually alright. It's nowhere near Origins, but it's also nowhere near 2.

At least we got this out of it.

The henchmen were poverty tier, couldn't be individually controlled, and had their skills and equipment statically set in stone. Heroes were fully customizable, you could order each one around and even have manual access to their skillbars, and you could deck them out in any full skillset you wanted. Imagine a team of NPCs created by the devs to be thematically appropriate or whatever vs a team of NPCs crafted by a legion of autists to maximally exploit the skill system and party synergy in ways the devs probably never imagined possible. These terminators interrupted enemies with cold machine precision and timing, rent their healthpools with complex cascading debuffs and hexes that could only work if everybody else was cooperating in the same way, all while shitting out party wide healing without pause. It got to the point where the player themselves was a hinderance to the Heroes.

Fuck this game.

Fuck rockstar

portal 2 was more of the same but with any opportunity for actually thinking about the solution removed with the negative space. My idea for a portal 2 would have been far better than the actual portal 2.

This piece of shit.

Super Metroid is the only good Metroid.

Other M isn't a sequel. :^)

This piece of shit, sequel to my absolute favorite shooter of all time.

Driv3r.

I actually enjoyed Fallout 3, but it almost singlehandedly managed to completely dismantle and a great and well-loved series, turning it into something that it really wasn't. FO:NV tried to save it but unfortunately that's just a fart in the wind now.

how to virtue signal your taste in video games on an image board

what you niggers are forgetting is that games we play now will never be as enjoyable as ones we played earlier in our lives purely because games aren't new to us anymore.

Speak for yourself, faggot. I love games old and new.

This.

Other M isn't the sequel to one of the greatest games of all time. It also merely picked up where Fusion left off.

It's hard to explain. Firstly it completely cut out the grind you expect from the average MMO (which not only has hitting the maximum level but then de facto levelling up after that by having to run the loot treadmill) and instead anything you can get late game is cosmetic or bragging rights.

Then you have the profession variety and the build variety within that: even the 'default' melee class (Warrior) could be build in multiple different ways and once you slap secondary professions in there's fucktons of variations. Tying into that the PvP was fucking great (there was never a stale meta with the build variety and all) and almost formed a sub-game of its own back in the day (you could actually just get PDP-specific characters who started at max level but couldn't do PvE stuff). The smartest thing they did was create different PvP and PvE versions of some skills to prevent a compromise situation that pleased nobody.

Finally it understood that the PvE content was much better as an instanced coop experience (only your party in the zone) than having fucktons of people running around but it kept the towns as a 'normal' MMO area instead. Ironically having instanced areas actually led to more interaction with other players because instead of doing solo quests and happening to see fucktons of other fags running around doing the same shit as you you had to get a party together and also makes it easier to follow the writing. This is the best of both worlds and having the entire game be designed as a coop experience from the ground up prevents it feeling weird. Another thing is is was pre-Auction House so you had to go trade in a proper text-chat spamming trade hub which not only meant you could jew people but that the expensive cosmetics had a small purpose (to attraction attention when trading). Also little things like the soundtrack, the level design and the lore/writing round out the game. Oh and I guess everyone likes the less jewish business model it had of one-time purchase.

tl;dr GW1 ripped out the skinner-box grind-heavy design of a lot of MMOs and replaced the lost 'replayability' i.e. addiction with heavily build/class variety and cosmetics

It had Henchmen who were crap, later they added Heroes who you could control and equip manually.

GW1 was dying slowly before GW2 sadly.

It just keeps getting progressively worse

it was never good

Other M comes directly after Super in the timeline, Prime was released after Super and before Fusion, either way you mean this you're wrong.

No, Inquisition is measurably worse.

Nah it was good, sure each game had it's flaws but they were all solid and enjoyable.
But instead of fixing those flaws capcom decided to go full retard with generations then decided to see how terrible they can make the series and see how many retards still eat it up despite the regression.

I still think if portable 3rd had g-rank it would be the best.

World is the single best one in the entire franchise though.

Whats wrong with world ?
Ive only played MH4U and have not given a fuck about world since PC release is still months away.

Quality of life improvements that let people without autism enjoy the damn game.

Go away woman

His character was the low point of the game aside from the stupid cover mechanics. He turned into a pathetic sad sack, addicted to painkillers and I can't even remember how many montage cutscenes there are where he just spends a whole depressing evening getting high on painkillers and drinking whiskey. The bald with beard look was also representative of numales. It was bizarre, usually that sort of thing represents a rebirth in literature so you'd expect that he would have put his past behind him, but no he's even more pathetic than he ever was. Just makes no sense.

You do realize that Generations and XX were spin offs right?

I didn't think it was bad, but best? Nigga this was like if the Uncharted devs made a Metroid game. I did like how they characterized Samus though

People ask me why I post a blank file when I post this, I wonder why's that

Could be because it's a pixel sized image of nothing.

What the fuck are you talking about?

No that was Other M

You really missed the joke.

Yeah, probably, considering I never played the game.

The original Unreal wasn't even good.

Sylvio 1 was mediocre but still had its own charme. Sylvio 2 had an impressive tech demo, then its kickstarter failed, the dev tried to produce it anyway with his own money, and the result was a stillborn fetus of a game.

The series was getting better and better with every game until this fucking game came out. Now it's all trash.

Nothing will ever surpass HoMM 3.

This.

It's a point and click adventure instead of a maze dot eating game. What the fuck were they even thinking?

It was great, mother fucker

Don't take the bait; you're not going to have a worthwhile argument with someone who thinks Unreal is a bad game.

They came out the same day idiot.

I hope they wont make another one

Pic related. Despite still liking it, it was a piece of shit compared to 2 and 3. I mean you literally play as a guy fighting war that was none of your business and your allies were worse than the so called antagonist. FC 1 was the worst one though.

So did I. Elder Scrolls didn't get good until Oblivion.

Funny, I hated Guerilla and loved Armageddon. Guerilla was one of few games worthy of my paper shredder because I hated it so much.

Still one of the most fun games to play.

Mass Effect 2. It stunk. Casualized gawbage!

why guerilla ? It was pretty fun to blow up buildings and Armageddon had degraded the destruction into a gimmick.

Still RF1 is the king.

The destruction was good, but I hated how bland and repetive the game is mission wise. I quit one third through it. Hell, I don't even remember the other reasons because it was nearly 10 years ago.

>Uses a (((wiccan))) symbol
WICCANS WEREN'T EVEN A FUCKING THING UNTIL THE 1950'S CREATED BY GERALD GARDENER! BEFORE THEN THEY WERE CALLED WITCHES LIKE THE FUCKING BITCHES THAT THEY ARE!

They contributed and continue to contribute nothing to others and only act on self interest. The fact that they try to claim that they were apart of various pagan religions (primarily Celtic) since the beginning, muddying the waters of what little knowledge we do know of said religions, is particularly insulting, as none of the pantheons would've accepted their bullshit. Anyone that creates a form of media that uses this symbol as their way of representing paganism that actually existed in real life either didn't do their fucking research, or they are a part of the wiccan group trying to spread their lies.

Not blaming you OP for posting it, just pissed at the box art of the game

Religious autism aside, my contribution to the thread topic. A spit in the face of the original fans that didn't even pay off for them (though unfortunately there's rumors of a fifth game and movie tie-in)

I think the association of the star in a circle icon with mysticism and magic goes a little deeper than that.

8's a mess but at least it actually worked. 9 is a broken mess

I had way more fun with World than I have with any other game that came out last year, including that garbage fucking XX. The flagship and new monsters from XX were still fun to fight but that was the only good thing about the game. I can't wait for deviljho to come out for world in the spring.

You got me user. You made me audibly kek.

The only place they were necessary for was the ancient forest. That area was waaaaaaaaay too over-designed and felt like they spend about twice the amount of time to make that area compared to the other ones.
I hope that they can be disabled later on.

Yes, but not paganism. It represented many things. The spirit ruling over the four elements of matter, and the five wounds of christ among other things.

True it's originally known as a pentacle or pentagram (when upside down), but the modern usage of it is to represent wiccans when they stole it.

From what I can remember the symbol doesn't actually represent the world named Pagan itself but rather the elemental gods that were given rule over the place after the Guardian came and fucked their shit up.

I agree, but you have to concede that Rogue Squadron II was impossible to top

THIS
I FUCKING HATE YOU SO MUCH BLIZZARD

You already know what game this is, you know it's a must in a thread like this whether you agree with it or not. Take a guess.

Pathetic

Where are all you retarded World worshipping autists coming from?

It was different, but I enjoyed it.
Might've helped that it was the first Metroid game I played too.

this pretty much. As a kid I loved most of the games I got. Now I can't enjoy the ones I played or the new ones. Each time I come back to a game I thought was good, it turns out it's actually a pile of shit and close it after two hours.

The game OP posted came out in 1994 and at least two thirds of the others mentioned came out over 10 years ago.

same.

You already know what game this is, you know it's a must in a thread like this whether you agree with it or not. Take a guess.

Isn't that what he's saying?

So we aren't allowed to like old games or we're nostalgiafags? I've played plenty of old games that I never had as a kid and liked them. Also ironic that you posted a creature from morrowind.

Bullshit. Portal 2 had so many additional mechanics introduced that it became an actual puzzle game as opposed to being a physics platformer. This is painfully apparent if you've played the user-made content which uses these mechanics to their full effect, but even generally easy single-player campaign shows signs of having actual puzzles to them.

And that meme can go fuck itself. It was never a challenge knowing where to place the portals. Yes the devs should try to how as much white space on principle but it does not do anything making puzzles harder/easier

By all means shows us all your amazing idea guy skills.

For every decent first party game on the Wii there were at least 15 of these.

My vote goes to SimCity 5. It's a special type of bad that euthanizes a legendary franchise and studio name.

Saints Row the Third.
I played that game on launch having gone cold turkey on it never watching any info about it, I loved SR2 for everything it had and felt a new game could have even more potential, but then we got the LOLSORANDUMB sequel that took multiple steps backwards and the rest is history.

Eh at least the ending wasn't shit

I was going to post this. Worse than the original in every way - fucked up the economy and used a pathfinding hack that had tanks strafing.

Any of these will do.

It's still more open ended than MD.

Fusion is a bad sequel to Super, but as a Metroid for beginners, it's actually a good introduction to the series' 2D mechanics.

Why did you remind me of SimCity 2013

Great birb.

I'm still salty about this.
I'll probably always be salty about this.

Thanks, I found him on youtube

No no, you're thinking of Zero Mission perhaps. Fusion is an abomination that would only succeed in confusing newcomers about what sort of game series Metroid is.

I would say this birb is a worse sequel to the previous birb. Let's try again???

BIRB OFF

Everyone wins!!

yay!

Did I win?

Mega Man X7 or Mega Man Battle Network 4. Both of them are supremely shit in their own special ways on their own, but they also manage to shit on everything that came before them.

Talk about a series that only got worse and worse with every release under the name.

The SimCity reboot. I'm not sure there's a comparable drop in quality between two games in any other series. SC4 is still the best game in the genre today, SC2013 is barely playable.

Not even close. It made some genuine improvements over Morrowind, despite the streamlining and lore rape.
Radiant AI deservedly gets a lot of shit but it was more robust than anything in Bethesda's later games, and Morrowind didn't even have basic scheduling for NPCs.

This probably goes too far, though.

KOTOR 2

Hi spoony.

FUCK THAT GAME
FUCK ROCKSTAR
FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT IT
JAMES MCCAFFREY SHOULD HAVE SAID NO TO IT, HIS VOICE WAS PUT TO BETTER USE IN ALONE IN THE DARK
FUCKING COMIC BOOK RANDOM WORD POPUP STYLIZED CUTSCENES
FUCKING SHIT GAMEPLAY
IT'S NOT A MAX PAYNE GAME
IT'S SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
Max Payne 2 did nothing wrong. Also MP1 and 2 had dynamic difficulty on the default setting that tailored enemy AI and damage based on if you sucked shit or did well.

Eat shit.

I wonder what could possibly be behind your lack of ability to enjoy things.

Yeah, probably

At least Renewal is still getting constant updates with lots of fun instances and quests :^^^^)

Yeah but the X series had already gone to shit by then. I'd say Mega Man X4 was a more upsetting sequel.

Probably Capcom Vancouver's offices, because shilling is a much better use of their time than developing games.

You're trying too hard. It's not a great game, but it's far from bad.

It was the first Metroid I beat as a kid, so that's why I see it as a decent introductory Metroid

I understood that reference.

I don't like the elder scrolls

Anders was actually a pretty cool guy in Awakening, the DA:O DLC. Then in Dragon Age II they turned him into an absolute flaming faggot. That one dialogue option where you have two romance options and one that offends him, that was the shit that pissed me off to no end.

Do you know how it feels when someone shits on your entire childhood Holla Forums?

Every video game series has at least one bad title.
PROVE ME WRONG

If there are any bad games that star Kirby, Donkey Kong, or Wario then I'v haven't heard of them.

Exlie 1, 2 & 3.
Monkey Island.
Commander Keen.

Also I just remembered thanks to the gamenight for the first game: Red Faction 2 was fucking terrible.

Jesus christ its worse than I remember.

It was a good game though, and it was genuinely trying to innovate on the formula. Starting from V they just started to remake III with every next installment.

DK64

Leftypol loves this game, that should tell you enough.

Kirby: Tilt N Tumble
Donkey Konga 2
Wario: Master of Disguise

As if my opinion of that board could get any lower.

The problem with the radiant AI and the scheduling is that they both were poorly implemented. You can look in the CSE. There's only maybe a dozen or so things that NPC's are capable tasked with doing. Half of which are rarely used outside of specific situations. With some scripting and animation work you can probably mod some eat stuff in but what's there in the base game is lacking to the point where I almost just wish they would ditch that shit in favor of putting more focus into alternative RPG mechanics.

>muh chilled hood!!!

Absolute fact.

How come numales who never played Ultima 8 hate Ultima 8?

If your choice didn't kill off its own IP, it's invalid.

Because EA turned the series to shit after they really got their claws into it, and you're the contrarian faggot for liking something that's an abomination unto everything that came before it. I bet you're the sort of cocksucker that liked Dragon Quarter, too.

Who's the qt on the cover?

MvCi has to be the worst sequel ever. Not only did it kill an IP it got the series kicked from EVO because a Capcom PR fucked up with some e-sports vid.

Its called a commander
it has a D-GUN

why aren't there more mods for daggerfall? now that it's being made on unity could this be a thing? if daggerfall had more mods it would easily be the best elder scrolls game.

Not le epic enough for retweet bot potential.

how can it kill an eye pee when the eye pee was already dead

Thread is over, we have a winner!

It isn't even the worst game in its own series.

Keep lying for yourself…

Sticker star
Nu doom
That's all.

If you sincerely think a half finished piece of shit cobbled together in 16 months is worse than a game that has actual in game microtransactions to make real world timers go away quicker then you're retarded.

I finally finished the original's northern expansion.
Had to savescum in one of the last maps, but still!
There was a final cinematic, just a montage of previous images with the narrator saying something.

Majesty 2 had some good ideas but the charm was lost and the way to beat difficult maps made no sense.

Final Fantasy 2. Because words have meanings.

This game was so bad it got retconned out of existence. I have no idea why they thought outsourcing it to Russian devs would be a good idea

It was basically a video game adaptation of collectible card games like MtG. Or you could alternately view it as being similar to a CRPG but with good gameplay instead of archaic turnbased crap and without the roleplaying part. GW was basically as good as third-person action RPGs have ever gotten and had a really great meta full of counters and counters to counters that led to interesting combat instead of just damage spam and healing spam.

DX:IW is bad but at least I could play it, DX:HR has such shitty gameply I dropped that shit. I can take consolized health and ammo, but fuck gay cover mechanics.

Postal III was so bad they even had to find someone else to voice the Dude since the original guy refused to work on it. It also got fucked as the company developing it shifted all the good employees to some other (more important) project and Postal III was left with people who didn't know what they were doing.

these are high up there but pic related was worse

What did he mean by this?

A game so bad that not only was the game universally panned, not only were the developers liquidated, not only was the game retconned in its series, but also the original developers got off their ass and started making expansions for the previous game.

Fallout 4 is worse.

RF2 was the best game in the series.

Everything about this game was shit compared to the orignal.
Don't even know why it's called a sequel when it's really just a glorified engine showcase.

Attached: 25a1e40abae698f68073ccab4ae4fce7.jpg (250x357, 16.3K)

I'm really sick of Holla Forumsirgins shitting on anything that's not 100% serious and absent of whimsy.
Portal 2 was a great game. And when your sequel is about 3 times as long as the original, it's useful to have some story to make the time seem well-spent. If the writing is funny, even better.
Every character was perfectly voiced, every challenge was built on the previous one and even the parts with only a few splats of white on a gray wall could have an incorrect answer.
Your hatred for something just based on what memes came out of it might hurt your enjoyment but it doesn't have to. Stop rushing to the internet to find things to hate all the time, that's why the games you played as a kid seemed so much better.

If it's a shitty game, you will know. This game didn't have a cake. It was a good game.

I insist that Doom 2 was a fucking cashgrab.

Your statements are true but you are exaggerating.

The problem is the story over indulges itself to the point where the gameplay becomes a second thought. There's to many chapters where you just walk from 1 point to the next with little difficulty.
Not really no. There's the dark manufacturing segment or the introduction to the old aperture labs. And way to many fucking segments where you just stand still while nothing but dialog happens.
It did actually in 1 segment. And the game is shitty compared to the first. Keep in mind the cake was only a shit joke because the fans wouldn't fucking shut up about it.
I played the game. It's shit for multiple reasons that make it a mediocre game. Fuck off or get some taste you contrarian redditor.

The robots are cute, though.

Attached: 938323a3672e81e7cea930428627668b2fec60c93838c413d0778966e1f91ee8.png (1280x1280, 1.73M)

Attached: Tony_Hawk's_Pro_Skater_2_cover.png (280x278, 203.01K)

I went back and played and beat every unreal game because i only played ut99.

unreal 2 wow this had nothing to do with the first game wtf. also your character fucking walks at a snail's pace so to not waste fucking time i would always go into console in the beginning of a map and type "setspeed 5" to walk faster.

Attached: 20170207154535_1.jpg (1920x1080, 286.47K)

The Nep games reuse stuff all the bloody time. It's most shameful in the spin-offs.

Maxing out your speed means make speed potions because they're amazing. You can also combine it with restore fatigue.

Your reading comprehension is pretty bad.

When I say Portal 1 is a physics platformer I mean due to its absence in actual puzzles, the fact that Portal 2 also has platforming elements doesn't change this. And when I say there was never a challenge to knowing where to place the portals in Portal 1 I mean there is nothing challenging about it. So acknowledging that the entire final chapters involve almost nothing but that doesn't do it any favours.

Explain

Attached: arino monitor.png (387x320, 51.19K)

Diablo 3 takes the cake. Most of the other series ITT experienced a slower decline or the sequel was just underwhelming rather than utterly shit, but Diablo went from one of the best aRPG games out there to a steaming pile of shit that fucks up at literally everything, from art direction to constant jewery to combat, with Blizzard's bullshit on top as an extra spit in the face. Single handedly murdered an incredibly famous IP, going from absolute peak to absolute shit in just one game.

Worst thing is they likely aren't through with it just yet. Expect Diablo 1 HD remaster to eventually drop for the low low price of $60

I just replayed this for the first time since it came out. It managed to be even more disappointing this time if that's possible. Half way through I actually stopped, installed The Metal Age, laughed at guards and generally had a great time, then went and trudged my way through the rest of Thief 4.
I just DO NOT UNDERSTAND why they did the open part of the world with all those hard to find "transition" windows from one section to the other. What the ever-loving fuck were they thinking? The entire map isn't even that big. It makes getting from one mission to the next the absolute most frustrating it can possibly have been. I think that's my biggest complaint with the game. Some missions like the brothel and mental asylum are decently fun and challenging but then you're back in the city instead of moving onto another mission. Fun delayed til you spend another 30 mins grabbing a new mission and figuring out where the fuck to even go. Plus the ending is trash. And for some reason they decided to make their own loose lore instead of using the already established and beloved story of the previous games. Also, missing items like moss arrows. I could go on and on.
On the small upside I really like the look of the city and the way it is as complex vertically as it is on ground level. More so even. Also Garrett's model is top tier. He looks edgy af. And the game still looks great on max graphic settings today.
That's about it. It actually makes me sad that they murdered such a great series. I imagine what a remake of the first two could be if done faithfully and my dick is diamonds. I really hope it's not abandoned forever because of this one massive turd.

Attached: ayyyyyyy.jpg (899x749, 76.39K)

You're trying too hard.

Prototype 2 and Postal 3

Good thing too, the updates for P2 are very good

Goddamn that cliffhanger, both before and after the dlc ending, they could have gone so many directions with the game
but no, lets just fuckin drop it, if they had stuck to being more like DS1 in terms of pacing and horror, hell carver was actually interesting, but they had to fuck up the bitches personality so badly
A damn shame, fuck you EA

I thought MP3 had a few redeeming qualities and was almost playable until the bald kicked in. At that point, it was stripped of everything except the gameplay, and the gameplay was terrible.

Attached: jazz.jpg (800x600 124.92 KB, 89.66K)

I'm glad this was the first post. No other game deserves it more.

Attached: 32da21cc5296d78a3ae6449ce88dde6f80df7738ac9eb673063aa7c7cc4cfa48.jpg (640x628, 53.31K)

Hamstorm will never not be hilarious.

I had wiped that game from my mind. Now I'm mad again.

Attached: 120948109481414.png (309x349, 45.82K)

Max Payne 2 was fucking shit. The original game is the only good one.

Attached: __fujiwara_no_mokou_touhou_drawn_by_shangguan_feiying__4840f08d5a397f90a6ce4233114cc211.jpg (387x475, 151.71K)

step aside

Attached: RO2.png (299x127 49.81 KB, 16.28K)

Already listed here

I loved Ragnarok Online in its golden years, hell, if you included all my private server time I probably spent more time in Ragnarok than I did in GW. And while Ragnarok 2 was bad in a general way, Guild Wars 2 beats it easily. It was almost as if it made a conscious effort to shit all over itself, the previous game, and everyone that liked the previous game and games in general.

Nobody honestly thought there would be a Ragnarok Online 2, and when it was announced, nobody thought it would be good. The original team evaporated a long ass time ago and moved on to things like Tree of Savior. As far as I know, the Ragnarok 2 dev team was just korean grindan game makers #4359 and they made no promises to make it anything else. They just wanted to use and existing brand to make a quick nostalgia buck. Scummy but honest in a way.

GW2 on the other hand did everything Ragnarok 2 did and more. They claimed it had the same developers and wanted to stay true to the formula that made the first great. No gear treadmill, loads of build diversity, great pvp, largely-group based pve. They lied about everything. There is just about nothing recognizable of the first game in the second. And as if that wasn't bad enough they filled their writing team with SJW fanfic writers so you can feel their spite oozing through the story too.

TL;DR
Ragnarok 2 was a cheap knockoff of Ragnarok 1. They took something you loved and gave you something shitty and generic back.
GW2 was straight sacrilege against GW1. They took something we loved and raped, tortured, defiled, and mutilated it, then took its tattered skin, wrapped it around something shitty and generic, and gave it back in a box for our birthday.

Attached: 150px-Agony_(large).jpg (150x150, 8.19K)

Also, Saints Row 3

Attached: 1466301573601.png (326x367, 142.94K)

yiikes, if she shot the gun in her right hand, the duderino would get punched in the dick-tip by the slide of that gun or -whats far more likely due to weak woman-wrists- he'd take the full recoil to the batchal area. I'm talking cock and balls all kinds of impacted.

Attached: monch butt.png (849x960, 1.02M)

No it wasn't.

I can't tell if you're baiting or retarded and I don't even care.

Attached: staryu.gif (240x180, 961.07K)

As bad as it was as a sequel i cant deny SR3 isn't actually somewhat fun to play, the gameplay is decent enough and even if Steelport is quite boring atleast compared to Stillwater it's not bad, just dull and average with few okay slightly memorable locations.
Most issues with it are how they took the lolsorandumb take on it, way too few missions and overall characters doing a complete u-turn from what they were in 2, most notably the boss going from a fucking boss to a fucking pushover.

The main issue is they made the absurd stuff front and centre. SR2 has Insurance Fraud, Mayhem, etc presented as optional stuff, with the main stories being quite serious. Compare the Aisha funeral mission, or the nuclear waste tattoo mission, or the Shaundi kidnapped mission to anything in SR3. They're pretty much serious the entire way through compared to SR3's attempt to make everything more lighthearted.

And then there's the side missions being made into main missions those lazy fucking hacks

Say that to my face fucker not online and we'll see what happens. Gunnar's Hold be there or be square faggot.

Attached: Useless Fat Shit.png (400x400, 288.06K)

That's a great mustache.

Why did you post this?

Except Shaundi, which received all the serious Volition had left, to disastrous results.

There were plenty of puzzles. And 2 was more of the same.
There was challenge in knowing how to solve the puzzle which essentially means there's a challenge in knowing where to place the portals.
The final chapters were what 2 tried to do and failed. Which was offer you time to progress past challenges without being stuck in a boring dialog where you literally shoot from one area to the next with nothing happening.

In terms of the biggest let down/step down into casual repetitive shit this certainly snags it for me.

At no point did I want Anders in DO:A, he came off like a shady piece of shit you *had* to put up with which made me quit playing and then in DA2 they made him even worse.

A month later and still nobody has been capable of naming a worse sequel than this piece of shit.

Attached: metroid fusion expectationsb.png (2133x2133, 3.41M)

It's CSE.

Klonoa

Portal 1 only had portal flinging, redirecting energy spheres and turrets to offer. None of which had any complexity to them.

Portal 2 introduced loads more mechanics, many of which had a degree of ambiguity to them which made them work as puzzle mechanics. Take the lasers for example: would you need to redirect a given laser with a portal or a redirection cube? Considering that one option denies further of your portals for the duration of the connection, while the other denies alternative use for the redirection cube (which are in themselves ambiguous since they can double as normal weighted storage cubes for holding down buttons). And where should the laser go? In portal 1 the spheres could only ever have a singular destination as there was no means of undoing them once they've reached them, this was not the case in Portal 2 with the lasers potentially having multiple destinations and the player needing to figure out where a given laser needed to go and when.

Also consider the emancipation fields, in Portal 1 they were only ever used as a means of keeping the player from taking portals and objects from one test chamber to another. In Portal 2 they get openly used as a puzzle mechanic.

That's circular reasoning. You're saying that Portal 1 had puzzles because of the alleged challenge of knowing where to place portals, but then argue that knowing where to place portals was challenging because "there was challenge in knowing how to solve the puzzle".

And yes, Portal 2 did also have sections which just involved using portals to get from A to B, largely because they were just meant to be story sequences instead of puzzles. And yes you can use a similar argument to justify the final chapters of Portal 1, especially since those chapters sort of have the meta-element of you almost trying to escape the game itself.

I have some bad news for you.

Attached: gbc_keen.jpg (640x663, 101.1K)

An RPG with level scaling is not an RPG because it has no progression. The entire point of a good RPG is to experience the journey of being a zero to being a hero. But no, you get bandits with glass armor.

fpbp

The vast majority of Metroid skips make the game harder you complete fucking moron.

The fact that portals were the primary concept is what made it complex. The additions of energy spheres and turrets were the little additions to the primary mechanic. everything after that can only serve in smaller ways. Your entire wall of text after this only directs attention to 1 aspect of shit that barely changes the overall challenge of the game. Which was figuring out the concept of a portal device that hadn't even been a familiar concept since this game. The rest of the game uses this concept to its fullest and ends when the concept has reached its peak. Portal 2 then throws a few more mechanics to put the mechanic on life support. The make people think otherwise they also shoves a senseless plot that erodes the pure gameplay experience the original game had.
Not just place the portals. More like come to the conclusion of knowing where to put them. It's the same concept in 2 but by then you're already familiar with the concept and since the primary concept is the portals, anything after this is minor in comparison. So when I say "there was challenge in knowing how to solve the puzzle" I mean that once you understand the way the puzzle works, then placing the portals is the only step after. I mean even in 2 that is your largest contribution to the puzzles. Anything else either relies on your movement which is where the first game peaked in to with the momentum puzzles. And then 2 added the gels to bandaid the fact that the portal mechanic was spent.
Almost like the first game knew how to incorporate both almost seamlessly.
This sounds like some youtube review from an eceleb. Portal isn't "meta" in the context of the story. And in the concept of the gameplay it's simply you making the conscious decision to escape while using the mechanics you learned. I don't see where you're getting the meta term from at all. It's not like you're escaping the games 4 walls or anything.

Excuse the typo's and shit. It's been a long day.

That's fine it happens to all of us.

So basically any argument I'm gonna put forward towards the new mechanics added to Portal 2 making for a far better puzzle game you're going to handwave because in your eyes they don't count because they don't involve using portal directly, or to put it more accurately they don't involve you jumping through portals in the manner that Portal 1 mainly had you doing. Which you seem to think was a complex mechanic.

Honestly you just seem to be reaffirming my belief that the bulk of people who think Portal 1 had more challenge to it than Portal 2 are the people who actually had to figure out how portals worked when playing the first game. That shit is not puzzling at all, its fairly common sense. Hell I remember back when I saw the original trailer I had already figured out everything that could be done with portals, playing the actual game when it finally came out pretty much just felt like retracing the steps of what was obvious from watching the trailer.

You're too used to the word meta being used to describe fourth wall breaks by hack writers, it can refer to more implicit stuff as well. Portal 1 initially presents its levels in the form of the test chambers.The final act basically has you travelling outside those levels.

no I'm hand waving them because they added little to what was already the primary mechanics that the first game had peaked in.
No just that the puzzles all required the use of the portal device and in the sequel they decided to do nothing with it and instead focus on more story. The additions like the Areial Faith plate didn't add much that wasn't already established in the main game.
Nothing in either game is a very complex mechanic outside of the main one, which is the portals. The notion that you're dealing with portals in a game where such a concept is likely foreign to you is a very complex idea to wrap your head around at first. Like I said in my last post, it rode heavy on the central mechanics of dealing with portals with a portal gun. The first game introduced you slowly into the concept until you finally got both portals. After that it kept the challenge rising to a nice flow and it didn't rely on a shoehorned narrative to allow you to have fun with the mechanic. It progressed fluidly until you were finally capable of not needing directions and you end up moving to the final chapters. Everything makes sense when you consider it from a design perspective.
That would imply I asserted either. The difference is that if you play Portal 2 it essentially completely rips on what 1 did, but with more drawn out dialog, more unskippable cutscenes, and an overall dumber experience when it comes to the puzzles. Primarily because the game forgot about it' central mechanic and just decided to throw in a lot of physics puzzles like they did with Half Life 2.
Because that's what it means. I get what you're saying, but the fact is that the game isn't referencing itself. It allows the player to come up to that conclusion. You're just making assertions out a sense of progression that you get from breaking free of a testing area. Unless the game actively is telling you that you're escaping it's dev levels it's not meta.

I'm assuming you meant to say "asserted otherwise".

Trust me, if you had played Portal 1 already knowing how portals work the whole game just feels like an overly long tutorial that handholds you through shit you knew before you even began playing. It completely fails to be a puzzle game as there is nothing puzzling about it.

Portal 2 by comparison feels like an actual puzzle game due to the aforementioned ambiguity of the additional puzzle mechanics. It doesn't matter if you already know how portals worked, since there's now more ways to solving a problem than just portal flinging, meaning you need to figure out what the solution for a given problem is going to be from a number of different possibilities. Granted the single player is comparatively easy due to Valve's obsessive playtester-proofing. But in a puzzle game easy puzzles are still better than no puzzles

I probably should have asked this several posts ago but have you played any of the user-made stuff? It's through shit like Portal Stories: Mel or the maps that Mevious made that you can really appreciate what the stuff Portal 2 adds does for the game. There's a reason why a lot of the mods for Portal 1 end up implementing a bunch of new mechanics, because the base game does not give modders enough to work with in comparison to Portal 2.

If you played portal 1 for the first time already knowing how portals worked then you are obviously somebody who's researched the concept already. After people like that (the grand majority most likely) there's the people who are learning it for the first time along with playing a game. And on that same note Portal 2 is also "an overly long tutorial" but you also have to sit through a retarded story that isn't needed so it feels less like so.

I will say that the portal games aren't replayable games. That's obvious. But Portal 1 has no fluff compared to 2. It knows what it is and it peaks in its mechanics. 2 is the opposite. It doesn't add anything to the primary mechanic and staples on lesser ones in hopes that it will carry the game. When the only thing that's caring the game is hoping that retarded redditors will dig the story and not really care about the gameplay itself which is lacking.

A lot of words to basically say that it has new things like Ariel faith plates and told the player to have a basic understanding of how physics and momentum work like the first game already spelled out perfectly clear.
Not really no. You're still shooting portals and every mechanic is required to have them. You said before I can't dismiss the other aspects but you're doing that right now with 1. And the mechanics that are added don't necessarily alter your way of thinking to any large extent compared to what the original already delivered.
Just like the first game. I mean you act like every puzzle in 2 has multiple ways to beat them. Most of them really don't and the times when you can they're honestly more of just a a minor alteration or an unintended concept. though I will say in 1 there ARE multiple ways to solve certain puzzles. You can skip one of them almost entirely in fact by understanding momentum early.
By that point your along the same lines of "mod will fix it". You're missing the point here when I say that all portal 2 does is add maybe 15% more content to the game when you look at it from a gameplay and mechanic perspective. If that extra 15% is more enjoyable than what was already at the 85% that still doesn't make the remaining 85% more original or interesting.
I'm willing to bet there would be plenty of good maps if the workshop even existed by that point. But you can't really argue that as a point either when you consider how difficult it must have been to do that shit when the game first came out in comparison to today.

If by "researched the concept" you mean "watched the game's original trailer". I already explained this. And I'm pretty sure even if I had gone into the game blind I would have gotten the gist of it when they first introduce portal flinging. The whole thing is common sense and you can't expect to have a puzzle game when your only barrier to the solution is knowledge of basic momentum.
Its more a mix of tutorials introducing the new mechanics and "put what we've shown you into practice" parts. At best you can make that accusation of the first two acts of the game. The final act only has the excursion funnels to introduce and quickly focuses on having test chambers that contain mixes of all gameplay elements introduced throughout the game so its safe to say it leaves tutorial territory at that point.
Uhh no actually. Ariel faith plates don't have all that much ambiguity to them at all. At best you're just trying to figure out whether you need to use them to transport yourself or an object. I really don't think you're grasping what I mean when I say that.

Just because you're always shooting portals don't mean you still don't need to figure out what application you need to put the portals towards. Say you've to cross a gap to an unportalable part of the map, in Portal 2 its possible for the solution to cross it to be:
And part of the puzzle is figuring out what solution is need in that given instance. Portal 1 really only has portal flinging, if you say I'm overlooking other features Portal 1 has fine. But the only alternative I can think of is artificial ones like having a bridge that builds itself after solving an energy sphere puzzle.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that there are multiple possible solutions, of which only one would turn out to be the correct one. Based on how the assets you are provided with in a given puzzle fit together. By the way that Portal 1 test chamber you're talking about is a fucking joke, I noticed that skip on my first playthrough, it's really obvious and just seems to me that Valve grossly underestimates the likely intelligence of the player if they considered it a "ninja solution".
If it was mods that had to hack together some new features to fix the game like Portal 1 mods do then sure. But we're talking about maps which are simply using the puzzle mechanics already in the game, (mechanics which you insist don't change the game significantly) and show how much depth there actually are to them. Hell even if we insist on only counting Valve-made maps there's also the co-op mode to consider as well which is also considerable harder than any of the stuff in Portal 1 or 2's single player campaigns. (Of course it's not a surprise that a lot of Holla Forums probably hasn't even touched that mode).
I'm sure you are aware you don't need fucking workshop for that shit. And Portal 1 modders had Hammer. Might not have been as easy as Portal 2's in-game editor makes it but that was enough to put together maps with all the content Portal 1 had. It wasn't a question of not having the modding tools.