Yakuza & Hokuto ga Gotoku Thread: Muteki Kenpo Edition

A demo (7.35Gb) for HGG is available at the JP PSN store.
A demo for Yakuza 6 will be available in a few days as well, on Feb 27. Sadly the game has been delayed for about a month, from March 20 to April 17. Progress done in the demo can be transferred into the main game.

HGG comes out in Japan on March 8. Still no word on a Western release for either it or Kiwami 2 but the localization team hinted in a very wink wink nudge nudge way that once their work with 6 is done, they're moving to Kiwami 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

yakuza.sega.com/experience/
twitter.com/SEGA/status/968629662027952129
youtube.com/watch?v=9mVp_CV3SVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kiwami 2 in the west when?

How much do I need to know about the previous game before jumping to Yakuza series. is playing Yakuza 0 and kiwami enough?

Are you too stupid or poor to play the other games?

The localizers said Sega wants Y6 to have its time in the limelight so I wager they'll start bringing Western Kiwami 2 news around June-July. As for the release date, I was thinking December but wouldn't be surprised if it comes out in 2019.
Have no idea what they'll do about HGG.

Everyone will tell you to play them in order so you get an idea of how the series evolved. The first game aged terribly, Y2 is a major improvement, Y3 made a huge leap but the localized version is missing a lot of content, Y4 and Y5 introduce multiple playable characters, Y0 and Kiwami revamp the combat with the multiple styles, Y6 and YK2 rebuild the gameplay from scratch with a new graphics engine and combat but will feel like a step back in other aspects. Not as important but worth underlining - until Y0, the games all got a shitload of very poor localization choices, usually name changes that just add to the confusion (the localizers that worked in 0, Kiwami and 6 mentioned how they're trying to amend that).
But if a catch up is all you want, Sega of America has been working a site that has the game stories and characters, all that stuff arranged chronologically.
yakuza.sega.com/experience/

What happened to Majima's fucking arms?

Well, that's handy

His sleeves blend in with his jacket.

Very shallow first impressions on HGG: for the most part, it plays like Yakuza. Light, Heavy, dodge, block, stance, burst they're all mapped to the same buttons and seem to work in the same way.
The big game changer is the Circle button, it's no longer a grab but something that acts like a Ougi primer. It can be done after any attack and what Kenshiro does seems to be tied with the string used before and besides opening a enemy to a Ougi, it might have additional effects (I've done one that seemed to blind a enemy). Basically, you'll need to smack enemies around a bit until there's a Circle button icon near their HP bars and once that connects, you can perform a Ougi. If the enemy doesn't have the Circle icon, he'll parry Kenshiro's attack. I'm not sure if the Ougi depends on the string that preceded it or the enemy. It seemed the later but I managed to hit Shin with two different ones. Overall, they feel more like finishers than big damage dealers like the Heat Actions. Also, they all got a couple of QTEs into them and they're pretty hard to nail.

A small thing I found pretty cool though I don't know if it will apply to everyone but the freeze frame character introduction overlays a black and white illustration over the character model, then colors it and then transitions into the 3D model.

No takers on the HGG demo? Was hoping to benefit from the insight of those who actually know what they're doing.
Stumbled upon a few more interesting follow up moves that led to juggle combos and the Circle attack can connect with juggled enemies as well. Every encounter is ranked and it seems similar to Y0 where you're awarded bonus points per every enemy you defeat, depending on how you do it. Rank looks pretty harsh overall - got Bs a plenty, a couple of Cs and a A. Overall, it looks like Yakuza with a zest of CUHRAIZEEE.

Cheeky bump.

How much gore is there?
So far it looks like a really bad reskin of Yakuza

the juggle starter is the Triangle, Triangle ender. you can then combo them and/or grab them with O afterwards.

The circle icon appears
- When you've filled the skull next to their hp bar by hitting them
- upon dodging some attacks
- on smaller guys when they get afraid because you've exploded a big guy
- after a rage jump kick

The finisher QTE can be skipped entirely: when you perform the circle stun on an enemy with a circle icon, there is a small QTE on said icon, if you time it correctly the enemy just explodes there without any cinematic.

I disagree. It feels a bit heavy on the loadings, especially for fights but it still plays great.

It sounds like you need your eyes checked.

also check out one of the dpad specials and the fear-induced vulnerable state

The combo system is actually more complex then Yakuza, Yakuza for one didn't have juggling outside of wall and floorbouncing, and combos were actually discouraged by bosses since they used combo-breakers pretty often on higher modes and half of them even have super armor.

Yakuza's gimmick isn't based around combos, it's based around environmental and conditional attacks. If you hit someone you build up the HEAT gauge, if you get hit it decreases twice as fast. You need HEAT to pull off more damaging regular moves and cinematic attacks (the cinematics get weak fast if you use them more then once) and one of the most useful moves is a counter since it does huge damage while supercharging your HEAT gauge.

This game's not based around being careful and precise, it's a fucking brawl centered around combos and precise timing during it, and the only similar thing between the two systems is that a dude is punching other dudes.

Someone webm the "Atatatatata!"

Yeah.
Looks funny though.

That's probably the best Kenshiro character model I've ever seen.
-dp

That is probably going to be the same here.

Thanks for the pointers.
I've noticed the Circle icon also appears when you can counter some moves, the most noticeable is the fat guys doing the hyper armor slow walk with their arms up.

I nailed some of those, it's how you collect the death cries. Incidentally, the Kiba midgets can only be insta-killed with that; there' no Ougi for them.

For a couple more random observations, the town seems a bit on the small side, maybe comparable to Sotenbori in terms of size. Meanwhile, the open roads where you go for joy rides is huge and I bet a good chunk of the time will be spent there gathering materials (what they'll be used for, I've no clue). The car is a bit rough to handle, like you're driving in thin ice.

I don't like the artstyle, doesn't look like the manga.

Will the western version be bloodier?

It's the closest to the manga any fist game has managed to pull off yet.

The lack of gore reminds me of the PS1 game that was jap only.

God damn, I wanna suck on his chest

I can only imagine how many other threads you've shat up today with your useless faggot comments.

Only this one, it's hard for me to get hot by a vidya character, so I keep it to myself. He's just so good looking, user.

Why is it censored? Will the final version be censored as well? What's the point of making a game about a comically over the top violent series if you're just gonna censor the violence.

It's plenty bloody (more than the average anime episode, at least), it's just not gory.

Maybe they don't want to up the rating, or they might see it as a waste of resources because it would apply only to the mooks or maybe they simply don't have the technical know how to pull it off. I don't think any HnK game went beyond this stylized burst. I'm more upset they didn't manage to pull off the fist marks forming a cross on Shin's chest nor the shoulder pad popping off.

The one thing I'd like to see would be the five finger burst as a counter attack, ideally with the x-ray showing the bones shattering.

If there is a western version.

==WHAT IS THAT BRO?!
WHAT IS SHE DOING WITH HER HAND?
FUCKING. SORCERY

lmao no

I played the demo. Seems okay. I've only just begun playing Yakuza Kiwami though. I'm liking it so far but it's taking a while to open up.

Fist of the North Star is one of the most metal animes I've watched. If, as I'm seeing, thet haven't toned it down, I will certainly give them my money.

Every game in the series tends to this which is admittedly kind of annoying. IIRC Kiwami lets you off the leash at Ch4.

Meanwhile, Sega put out another couple of videos, showing wasteland exploration and Eden.

Same arcade games as Zero (Super Hang On, Space Harrier and Out Run) plus the Master System HnK game.
Always saddens me they never include Golden Axe in the emulated games.

Also a reminder that Yakuza 6 includes the arcade port of VF5.

damn, this is one of the best games I've played in a very long time.

Wow, holy shit. I was actually planning on skipping 6 and wait for the eventual Kiwami 2 release instead, but after playing this demo, I don't think I'll buy either.

I don't understand this. They were on the right track with smoothing out the edges this series had with Y0/K1, but it's like they threw all of that progress away for new shiny graphics. Admittedly, Y6's art style looks great if not for the aliasing, but still.

I don't have a PS4, so I am waiting as long as possible to play 4, because that's the last one that I have access to. Used PS4s are still nowhere near an acceptable price. I would have to stop being a drunken unemployed loser in order to buy one, so fuck that. I can wait a few months.

It was my GOTY and with some good competition at that. A lot of fun once you're free to horse around. That said, Kiwami's subtle changes to Kiryu's styles make it a bit hard to go back to it, even if the game itself isn't as good (those Beast charges are just too much fun).

Kiwami 2 allegedly runs much smoother. Having played that demo, I guess I should expect to be a bit disappointed with 6.

I really want to try Yakuza out. Is demo worth downloading 36 gigabytes?

You should have downloaded it the first minute it was up, because…
SEGA UPLOADED THE ENTIRE GAME UNLOCKED ON ACCIDENT. JUST SEGA THINGS
twitter.com/SEGA/status/968629662027952129

Did they just upload the full game or was it necessary to hack it somehow?

F U C K
U
C
K

I'd say go for it, and make your own conclusions. One thing I really loved was how the city looked.

I downloaded it pretty early and still only got the demo. Oh well…

The full game, no hack needed.

And for once, Sony EU didn't take 2 more days to get something done. How odd!
And here I was hoping to capitalize on their incompetence.

So, I got the full game. Is there any way Sega can remove it? I've taken my ps4 offline while I play through the story, just in case.

That's a fail AMV

Upload that shit somewhere fam. And, enjoy the full game.

Unless SEGA toughs break into your house and steal your PS4, they can't uninstall the game from your console.

back up the demo and upload it
and sega can remove it with an update but as long as you stay offline they cant do shit

I actually liked the demo a lot. The framerate is a shame after how smooth they managed to get it with Ishin/0/Kiwami, and the greatly reduced walking speed is kind of annoying, but those aside I don't really have any complaints. Combat feels like it's got a lot more weight behind it than in the aforementioned three and I think a big part of that is because enemies and Kiryu recoil based on where an attack hits them or if they block an attack, that's one of my favourite additions. Enemies being able to block low attacks (like the football kick) is also interesting, that's a layer of strategy that wasn't present in the rest of the series (as far as I remember, anyway). It's also nice that enemies deliberately pick up objects and throw them at you/kick them at you now, it looks and feels a lot less janky than having them do a regular attack in front of an object and then having the object home towards you as in 0 & Kiwami.

But my favourite thing about it is how seamless it is compared to the others. Being able to throw someone off a balcony and jump down after them without any interruptions (webm related) for the first time in the series is really nice. For reference, doing the same thing in the Chinese restaurant in Kiwami takes about 5 seconds for the heat action to throw someone off and then another 5 seconds for a cutscene of Kiryu jumping to the ground floor. I also like being able to take fights inside buildings and break their windows etc., especially since the damage persists after the fight and you can walk through the broken windows afterwards. Interactivity with the environment was always one of my favourite things about Yakuza compared to the vast majority of open world games, so I really like that they've significantly expanded on that.

Unless there's a seriously shit moment in the full game that singlehandedly ruins the whole thing somehow, I think I'm going to like 6.

look into homebrew

From /ps4g/ disagreement here. Someone from cuckchan is going to report everyone subscribed to imageboard related communities on PSN who has the yakuza demo, and try to get your PSN accounts banned.

/ps4g/ d i s c o r d

Can't upload it. Don't have a ps4 setup for homebrew and whatnot. I'm still buying the game as I want Kiwami 2 to come over here. I didn't preorder it digitally because digital games are fucking shit.

Sega shouldn't be able to take this away. Sony's fucked up in the past and didn't take games away from people they fucked up on. Hell, people got Knack 2 for free about 4 months back on the New Zealand servers, and no one got banned over that.

Guess I gotta just breeze through this game as fast as I can.

Forgot to mention I really appreciate that 6 finally fixes the issue of not being able to grab enemies while on stairs as well as no longer having to mash X to get up after you're knocked down. I hated that shit.

I'm gomen

I got the full game from the demo
whats up with heat actions not appearing like they did in 0 and kiwami

I honestly think the combat is super floaty. The way Kiryu's attacks recoil on an opponent, and you're locked in that animation, how enemies can just send you flying with a kick, and the overall slowness of the animations makes it more sluggish than ever. Maybe the flow of the combat gets drastically different with upgrades?

I do like the expanded interaction with the environment, and how you can even throw enemies from balconies, I didn't know you could do that. Unfortunately, that enemy took very little damage from it. I think the damage he took wasn't even because of the fall itself, which makes it pointless to do that.

Yeah I can see why the combat's rubbing some people the wrong way. Even though I like it I can't help but wonder if they should've stuck with 0/Kiwami's system for a bit longer to iron that out further. I've heard that the full game's combat feels better since you can upgrade the speed of Kiryu's attacks and unlock a second dodge though, iirc part of why everyone thought the Kiwami 2 demo felt better/smoother was because those skills were unlocked by default.
I think the issue I had there was that he hit the pillar on the right before going over the balcony. I'm not quite sure how the throw works just yet but enemies mustn't be able to take collateral damage after being thrown into an object, it seems like they only take damage from the first piece of level geometry they make contact with. It does tons of damage if you throw an enemy into other enemies though, so it must be intended for crowd control this time around. I guess that gives the grab -> triangle attack a more useful niche for when you're fighting a single opponent, in the previous games I only really ever used it by accident.

The icon doesn't appear? IIRC they changed its placement.

It does. There's upgrades to speed up attack. And now I'm getting Kamuro flashbacks of trying to get the Dragon Speed ones in Kiwami.

Fuck. Now i HAVE to order this, because its a better deal than just buying yakuza 0 and kiwami alone. I now will buy this preorder and kiwami, which also has discount till 8 march.
So my question is, how much am i fucked with yakuza 6 next month if i didn't played any other yakuza yet? Because i lose almost no money on getting it.

That is a pretty good deal. For the most part, these games are pretty resistant to price drops outside a PS+ discount. Go for it, even if you have to let the games sit there while you play the others to catch up.

As for your question, refer to
There will be names and relationships between characters that someone who's just getting into the series won't figure and it's a downpour of names of all sorts (characters, families, places etc) as well as mob ranks that might not be easy to grasp.

Guess I had to say something for them to make look like an ass - Kiwami's at half price around 15 merkel shekels. I suppose there might a similar deal in the US store.
That bundle deal is €67 over here, it's about €2 cheaper than the average AAA release.

I still have no other choice but to buy to not miss those price ranges. And people say sega are jews now.

kiryu doesn't look bad for a man that constantly scowls in his late 40's

rip, they patched the demo, in that they locked it

Don't get me wrong, you should get it. Heck! Buy Kiwami while you're at. You'll have games to keep you busy until the end of the year. The year 2020, if you're prone to horsing around.

Freakin' asians, man.

Get Ishin too.

Imagine Ryu ga Gotoku Sangoku game set in three kingdoms where Kiryu portrays Lu Bu.

Plastic love.

Another Yakuza staple, the Coliseum, is in HGG. There will be both brawls and duels. Also, Famitsu gave it 35/40.
Game's out next week so we can spoil ourselves rotten looking up 北斗が如く because by the game the game's out in the West we'll have forgot everything we've seen.

So it's a whole game of people actively avoiding you?

Every time you listen to it, she gets a day younger. It's a nice song but I'm more of a Taeko Ohnuki person.

user, it was a joke.
Plastic love is obviously the song title but I implied her to use plastic surgery.

I know, was just making a stupid follow up of my own.

I'm on a Yakuza break right now but I need to replay Kiwami one of these days and that P5 NG+ run I keep postponing. Freakin' time sinkers. Cheeky bump.

They gave Dynasty Warriors 9 same score. I don't trust that shitty magazine.

Kill yourself for trying Raoh to a shitty metal band full of liberal faggots.

Famitsu gives everything a 35/40

Skyrim, FF XIII-2, Zelda Skyward Sword, MGS V and Zelda BOTW are 40/40.
Does this say anything to you about Famitsu?

I forgot to mention that this only affected the US version.

user who got the demo here.

Finished the game, 100% completion list, Platinum trophy, 47 hours. Extremely short by Yakuza standards. Mahjong, Hostesses, and Clan Creator probably took me like 20 hours, everything else was pretty straight forward.

But however, even if it was short, the game was fucking excellent. I feel the combat was a little too simplified, and extreme heat mode made most fights too easy, and I was playing on Hard the entire time.

Amon was the only challenge in the game, and I beat him on my second attempt.

But the plot was a fucking wild ride.

Not cancelling my preorder, still gonna buy it in a month or so.

Dammit. You made it sound like it wasn't even full game.
I am going to judge myself since i tend to screw around a lot, how's the arena? Did you completed it too?

Hate to tell you, but there's no arena either.

Yakuza 6 is a game with lots of new content, but they took out a lot of older stuff.

Then Yakuza 6 by itself is just a demo of Kiwami 2.

Maybe. But Yakuza 6 had a lot of content. An entire PuyoPuyo game, Virtua Fighter 5 (both with online), the Clan Creator was actually really fun, a very interesting (but very short) omegle camwhore minigame.

I honestly have no gameplay complaints. My major complaints with the game is that it leaves a little too much to be desired since a lot of characters don't appear and a lot of them are indisposed for most of the game. Like I think Majima had maybe 15 minutes of appearance the entire game.

You're kinda making me hype and unhype at the same time. I really hope for a good conclusion to kiryuu's story.

Oh don't worry, the game is absolutely focused on Kiryu and Haruka. So much so. It's just that a lot of minor favorites don't get much appearance because of it.

For example, Shinada, the baseball player character from Yakuza 5, isn't even referenced or seen in Yakuza 6, even though his plotline was left unresolved in Yakuza 5

Wait a second user, you forgot to mention something important. I never seen weapons in this game not in a single trailer, video or gameplay walkthrough. Are weapons taken out completely?

They changed how equipment works.

You get two equipment slots for defensive items. Any weapons you pick up (enemies are using them constantly) are lost after combat, you can't bring them from combat to combat. The few weapons they have, can be used in cool ways. Like you can grab a grenade being thrown at you midair and throw it back at them.

Sounds like very rotten luck coupled with poor testing on Sega's part. Hope they addressed it.

Reading that is getting on the same mindset as

Best version of his theme IMO. Incidentally, do you think he'll challenge Kenshiro to become the strongest in 19XX?

I might as well pull the bandaid off right now for those who are not aware - two parts of Kamurucho are now inaccessible Champion and Hotel districts

This surprises me. Every impression of 6 I read brought up CC as the ugliest wart in the game. The token cancerous mini game like JCC in 0.

Yeah, weapons as a carriable aren't available. Which is why Kiwami 2 made such a big deal about bringing them back.

How well has Yakuza aged with the Kiwami remake? Is it as feature-packed as the later games in the series or is it a PS2 game with updated graphics and nothing more?

Kiwami's practically a whole new game; it's remade to be on par with Zero in terms of graphics and gameplay and it adds a truckload of additional content (a lot lifted from Zero but it's a budget title). IIRC the only assets re-used is the mo-cap for the cutscenes.

I'd say there's something really wrong with some character emotions in Kiwami, animation is pretty ps2-gen. Hope it will be resolved in Kiwami 2.

Fantastic. Will pick it up this week then.

That one uses the same graphics engine as 6.
Incidentally, seeing the scenes side by side, just me or Kiryu looks more relaxed in the original? In Kiwami 2, it feels like he's forcing a scowl. Similarly, the original Ryuuji looks a bit more broad-shouldered.

It could just be me and I understand for Kiwami 2 they used the 6 engine, but why did they have to use the exact same model of Kiryu from 6 Man being older than 40 for Kiwami 2? At least from 0 to Kiwami, you can see the clear, natural age difference. Kiwami to Kiwami 2, only a year or so past, I think, and he already looks like he's seen everything.

Kiryu in the PS2 games was relaxed as hell, so I guess I can't blame them for making him care slightly more for whats happening around him.

I seriously need to one day play Sleeping Dogs, it's been too long.

Well, as they tell you “Kiwami means extreme.” So Kiryu needs to have extreme scowling, like he’s the fucking Punisher. It’s really like American box art Kirby. Even in three and four Kiryu smiled a lot more. Though I guess in four and five the role of “light hearted man” gets passed to Akiyama. Not to mention being outshined in Zero by Majima, which lead to the unfortunate feature in Kiwami. Wacky screeching eyepatch man ambush I mean, Memejima Majima everywhere.

I mean, given what happened in Kiwami's story, it's somewhat understandable.

I remember a few months ago reading someone who'd played both saying that if you played them side by side you'd be able to tell which one's the brand new game and which one's the cheap remake, and I was kind of getting that feeling watching videos of them both. I'll probably end up getting it anyway but something about Kiwami 2 really rubs me the wrong way. I think it's because 6 is its own thing whereas Kiwami 2 just seems like a worse version of 2 with a bunch of stuff from 0 copy and pasted in. I also think 6's bosses look a shit ton better but I won't know until I play them both myself I guess.

HGG's already out, people are streaming it and there's already a bunch of videos showing the boss fights.
Meanwhile, last night I took the demo for another while the Bloodborne servers were collapsing from dysentery. Game's really fun once you get a midge of a idea of what you're doing though I'm yet to figure how to trigger specific Ougi. Got a situational one with a wall which looks pretty cool and also noticed that getting or failing the inputs alters the color of the technique's name; I've mentioned them as QTEs before but they're more akin to rhythm game inputs - it's not just pressing the right button, timing is important too and from what I gleamed in a couple of streams today, the number of inputs appear to increase with upgrades.
While fighting mooks with little health, I've noticed that Light > [Heavy] seems to be the better way to set up a Ougi. It's also possible to do Light > [Circle] but they can easily walk out of its range. And if I'm not mistaken it looks like breaking enemies' armor is a factor for rank. I've had fights to dragged on for long but still got A rank.
Lastly, one thing about the full game that bugged me is that bosses look very passive, even on Hard. And some have very few moves. The very first - Devil Rebirth - is a giant example of both.

They've elevated asset re-use into an art form.

PRESS F FOR CRAZY KEN

Is Kaioh in the game?
If not, having him be the penultimate challenge in the game would be pretty cool.

Now I want to continue my long forgotten save in Zero. Got lost trying to find the blind bitch as Majima

Holy shit, that's a warrior from Shura.
That means the game extends into HnK2 territory right? Cant wait to see how the present the fight with Han. That shit was mint in the anime.

Yakuza Kiwami? Yes or no?

Never played a Yakuza game in my life. Always been interested though.

There's a donut steel that looks like he'll be the big scary evil aura masked man.

Might be a easter egg. All of the characters shown are from the first HnK plus a handful of OCs. On that note, surprised that Mamiya, Juda and Shuu weren't confirmed (if they're in the game it's gonna be a surprise).

I should give you the "play them in order" spiel but sure, go for it. It's a remake of the first though there's some call backs to Zero that you might miss. It's pretty cheap on PSN right now.

Copy-paste from Gematsu:
Sega has announced plans to release an “Original Mode” difficulty level as free downloadable content for Hokuto ga Gotoku in Japan.
Described as a new difficult level in addition to “Easy,” “Intermediate,” and “Hard,” “Original Mode” reproduces the strength of the characters as they appeared in the Fist of the North Star manga. Normally, the difficulty level is set so that enemy characters gradually strengthen based on the player’s progress, but in “Original Mode,” characters from the manga will appear with the strengths set for them in the original work, ignoring the player’s progress. That being said, even for enemies that appear in the beginning of the game, if they are strong characters that appear in the original work, their strength will remain as is.

Should I play 0 first then?

Actually, looking into the outfit a little bit more, and remembering that Souther also introduced himself wearing a similar mask, I think it's Souther.

He looks more like Hyou than some kind of Raoh clone under the mask. Long black hair, more slender looking face.

i couldn't get used to the rag doll, on top of everything being seamless too. i did like the karaoke revamp

but clan creator, grass baseball felt like an afterthough

fishing was fun though… kinda… i guess

but the kyaba club revamp i didn't like at all,, i preferred how they did it in 5

Or a enemy recycling his skill set. You're right about the mask and the stance is definitely Souther's.

Anyway, looks like Amon might be a possibility because Komaki is in the game.
On that note, Mamiya is also in but looks like a substory cameo and the palette is weird as fuck.

I wanted to ask about this but forgot - is the deep sea fishing mini-game fun? I love the music so I'm hoping it's enjoyable.

I just got done with Yakuza 5. Had a lot of fun with it and really liked that it was a bit more like the first two tonally but it's a shame that it started to fall apart at the end.

It's his outfit.

Attached: hr_emja91215_i.jpg (1664x2500, 249.7K)

Would I still be able to enjoy HGG if I don't know much about Fist of the North Star? I doubt I'll import it or anything but it does look quite fun.

Attached: get up my baby.jpg (432x435, 55.33K)

Hokuto no Ken doesn't have a complex story to begin with.
Its just Mel Gibson mixed with fighting styles of Bruce Lee beating the shit out of people in post apocalyptic world and saying that they are already dead before they die.
He had a waifu, a sworn enemy, and a secret techniques he wields. But that's about it with the story.

Attached: hokuto no ken.jpg (1420x1405, 390.88K)

That whole chunk could go missing and it probably wouldn't affect the story in any way. Plus a final boss so non-threatening he's the one getting monologued but, then again, that's been true for Kiryu from 3 onward.

You might miss out on callbacks to the manga and the importance of some characters will elude you but, for the most part, the story is centered around the original characters. Putting aside the appearance of some legacy characters, the whole thing feels like a self-contained story arc.
If you haven't, give the manga a read. Always good even if HGG is not part of the equation.

Omae wa mou quadeiru.

Anyway, almost all of HGG's key moments are on YT by now. Some weird twists that I'm curious about how they'll be worked around. It also seems a bit on the short side and easy but the YTer in question also made Jingu look piss easy.
Amon is allegedly in but haven't seen the fight yet.

Attached: das it mane.jpg (1920x1080, 130.78K)

The Amon fight (looked it up with 亜門), if anyone's interested. It's certainly unique, even for his shenanigans.
Unlike Kiryu, I get the impression Kenshiro kills him which I guess might be the only way to send him off since this was probably his final appearance unless another Ga Gotoku is made.

Thanks. I've been wanting to give FOTNS a read anyway so this is as good an excuse as any.

If Amon doesn't appear in Shin RGG then I'd be pretty happy with that as a send off. I still need to fight him in Ishin, I hear the fight against Amon in it is really great but I've still got about 25ish battle dungeon missions to do.

Attached: 龍が如く 維新!_20180206203410.mp4 (1280x720, 8.57M)

Hanzo?

The prospect of them switching to mophead without giving Akiyama and Saejima a Zero combat system remake nor telling the story of teenager-young adult Goda really stirs my sprinkles. I hope they're not planning to leave those behind and replace them with "hip n' with it" versions like some shitty fighting game sequel.

Attached: kansai no wtf.jpg (768x432, 27.01K)

Consider 0 and Kiwami a reboot of the series with 6: Song of Life, essentially, being the new 3. If you're looking forward to the new one coming out, it's not exactly necessary to play the original series.

Yeah, a real bummer considering how ambitious the game was and how well it was going until the end. Too many threads to twine together by the end I suppose. I'm glad they scaled it back a bit for RGG0 but I suppose they're just not going to top RGG2.

Probably good, because the original 3 was stupid

I don't frequent these threads, so I don't know if you guys have discussed this yet, though the few times i'v brought this up on Holla Forums people didn't know at all.

Temper your expectations when it comes to Kiwami 2. On the whole it will probably still be good, but they've already messed up a few things. Pic 3 this area was completely cut from the game.
They also completely fucked this Cutscene, spoilers though.

Attached: Yakuza 2.jpg (640x360 6.96 MB, 6.2M)

Yeah, I guess it's "ruined" because they really didnt need to add the shank sound when the other guy passed, you're supposed to be surprised by it when you actually see it in his gut. You're supposed to be wondering why the fuck he dropped the jar and then you see the knife.
In the new one, you can already assume there was a knife by the sound.
I don't mind the music change though.

Personally I find the Jazz to be 10 times better.

Yeah, we discussed this in these topics. Some serious fuck ups on their parts with the stabbing scene taking the cake IMO.
A lot of the better tracks from the original are also goners. A fact made more painful by the very first footage getting us all to think the music would be very similar to the original.

Who's not already going to know the stab is coming though? How many people who play this are not going to be people who also played through Yakuza 2?

nigger there are loads of newfags to the series that have started with kiwami or 0, what makes you think most people who will play this when it releases to the west wont be those newfags?

I know his kokoro only doki dokis for Yuria but Kenshiro needs to take a hint from his Kamurocho pals and start slaying some pussy. There's even a trophy for staring at Kisana for 3m, that's how pure Kenshiro is.

And here's a better Amon fight:
youtube.com/watch?v=9mVp_CV3SVM
It shows some interesting techniques that seem to sacrifice HP and, unless my eyes are deceiving me, there's something that triggers the Omen Star to appear near the Big Dipper gauge.
Tiger Drop is in though with a different animation and there's another similar technique that makes Kenshiro do a jump to avoid the attack and you can follow with a dive kick combo.

Attached: japanese gta.jpg (740x915, 265.21K)