What are some games where I can pray to the lord?

What are some games where I can pray to the lord?
It could be whatever deity the game prays to, but praying and clergy is part of the gameplay.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F-Oph3z7S4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pictures of children go against dost

OSRS

shitposting in a shitpost thread

Amen.

Wurm, no joke.

In Dark Souls, you cast miracles by reading holy scripture.

Earthbound has a Pray option in it, I believe.

Castlevania 3 starts with a cutscene of the MC praying

Amen.

I just want games with praying as gameplay. RPGs or not. you're just looking for an excuse to shitpost.

usually the church is an enemy in a lot of games, and gods often are as well, Even the ones that have good ones rarely have you praying as part of the gameplay

The prayers need to have substance, user. Preferably gameplay oriented and not just a cutscene, but thanks for the other two options. I knew Earthbound had the chick pray. Which Dark Souls has the better Miracles? in other words, in which DaS are miracles a higher tier?

Like I need an excuse for that

What kind of gameplay substance do you actually expect from praying?

I have an idea for a game that involves praying to God sometimes but i don't want to share my shit ideas.
[/spoiler]And by shit ideas i mean a BR game. Shit ideas are always the most lucrative these days.[spoiler]

Earthbound
Seiken Densetsu 3

go back to 4chan

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Fuck you nigger, even if i deserve it right now.

Any reason why "What are some games where…" are not considered template threads?
this board is a joke

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

Also, this.

Black & White 1/2
You should play it Op, in it you're literally God.

>>>/cuckchan/

You know what's the joke?
Cuckchan and leftycuck niggers trying to D&C

I would really only suggest the first one, and if you can tolerate dated graphics. The second is a real downgrade from the first.

True
But the gameplay is still decent and the presentation and atmosphere pretty good.

Bravely Default

Not every thread has to be a general.

That's exactly why I am asking. It could be cool to see praying used as a mechanic, where the cast needs to be said and uninterrupted, or if there was a stat not to flinch. hence I am asking if there is any game where there are games with gameplay mechanics around praying that may be creative or interesting.

Conversely perhaps using faith as a theme for to be discussed in the game's story, however this is has been done many times. Something like Pilgrim's Progress from Scott Thawson where the unwavering faith versus videogame obstacles is also an interesting setting. However Japan does this with "the power of friendship" instead of a theistic approach.

Even better, faith in humanity or faith in yourself is a topic that would be cool. What kind of games do this? Besides SMT neutral path.

Trying to contribute so it doesn't sound like a template thread. Sorry if Opening post was slightly vague.

Wait, they did?

Report it and tell them to unbumplock it

What a surprise.

Looking at the rejects in this thread, I can't say I blame them. Maybe you should just start a fresh thread and report the mongoloids that migrate.

Next time put in more effort than "what are some games where I can X?" if you aren't using it as an excuse to talk about X. Template threads are bad no matter what your intentions are.

As for the topic, Dorf Fort now has temples where dorfs go to pray but they don't do anything but prevent negative thoughts. I'm sure someone could mod in blessings and punishments, though.

Temple of Elemental Evil is one of the few games where you could easily roll out 4 to 6 priests (with specializations (and or druids)) to roll through it.

specializations such as a war/fire/heal/order/chaos/earth/air/water made clerics and druids pretty decent in that game.

Why is it that Kingdom Come: Deliverance has such a focus on Christendom and Christian society - to the point you even see NPCs saying grace before their meals - yet it never actually allows you to pray or attend church? At best, so far, you give a firebrand sermon denouncing the papists for corruption after a drunken whoring binge with the local priest.

youtube.com/watch?v=F-Oph3z7S4M