'''RETURN OF THE GOURD''' NIOH slightly belated Anniversary Thread

THE DEMON KING RETURNS
Stand at attention for the greatest Westaboo of all time!

Well Holla Forumsanons, have you enjoyed your year of playing a GRORIOUSU GWAILO SAMURAI?
Will we ever get another game like this again?

Other urls found in this thread:

guides.gamepressure.com/nioh/guide.asp?ID=38707
github.com/pawREP/Nioh-Cheat-Engine-Table
archive.is/1diqt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its called Ninja Gaiden

Never played it.

I think a new Ninja Gaiden game done Nioh style would be fun as hell.

Amazing synchronicity. How is it the game, compared to to the Souls series (which people generally compare)? Are there still many people online in the game (At least for coop)? Any advise or tips for a beginner?

Pic semi-related.

Combat is better but the gameplay is grindy, spend your big boy points to reskin as a waifu, be aggressive and watch for ki pulse, if you like japanese culture then you're golden

Compared to Bloodborne Nioh is much faster, both you and your opponents. And it's nice being able to actually block a hit which is something that's simply impossible in BB.
Pick Kato as your starter pokemon.
Stay away from heavier weapons until you can wear heavy armor properly.
Always remember that humans and youkai have two separate poise/stamina systems and use that your advantage.
Set bonuses are king in this game.
Collect smithing texts where ever you can but don't worry about crafting until you reach NG+ or at the very least late game. Unless you really need a piece to complete your bonus.
Use the loot system to your best advantage. Sometimes you'll want to sell it, sometimes you'll want to break it down, sometimes you'll want to donate it, sometimes you'll want to save a piece to soul forge inherit. Or you may just want to equip it.
Don't sell your fancy hats.

Like what he said. KI pulse.

Don't compare it to Souls games or expect them to be similar, they are almost nothing alike.

Gwailo is a chink slang though.

Also this

It uses very loosely the same sort of framework as the Souls games but it's ultimately very different as a whole. I don't know which would be more correct to say: That it's NOT a Souls clone, or that it is the apotheosis of the Souls style of games.
You're still going to hate wheels though. Probably more than ever before.

=SOULS LIKE SOULS LIKE EXPERIENCE SOULS LIKE SOULS LIKE SOUL CRUSHING SOULS LIKE DARK SOULS DARK BUT NOT DARK SOULS SOULS LIKE EXPERIENCE: WEEB EDITION: SOULS LIKE EXPERIENCE OF THE SOULS LIKE FRANCHISE OF THE SOULS LIKE DARK SOULS DIFFICULTY OF THE SOULS LIKE SOULS LIKE FRANCHISE

I'll take this kind of autism.

I've never played DS series and have no idea what the fuck is going on. I don't think I'm good, are people fucking plebs? This isn't fucking hard, not even a smallest bit, I think gaming generations are becoming retarded and sucker. If this game released in 90's people would have complained the game is too easy.

fuck off.

My best advice would be to treat it as its own beast rather than going in with the expectation of it being like a Souls game. There are some vague similarities (e.g. shrines essentially acting as bonfires/archstones/lanterns, having to get your money back by returning to where you died, enemies respawning on death, HUD layout) but when it comes to combat (i.e. what you'll be spending the vast majority of your playtime in Nioh doing) they've very little in common with each other. And for what it's worth I think Nioh's combat is significantly better in pretty much every way. Once you get ki pulsing and Flux down you'll have a blast.

Have a wallpaper.

This is way better than I was expecting
I'm having a lot more fun with the combat in this compared to souls too

next you gonna tell me apples are different from oranges

Fuck these niggers.

I took to keeping a water weapon in my secondary slot just to deal with them.

Learn your ki pulse timing. It is vital for the combat, which is the main focus of the game.

Don't worry about forging/reforging until you get into NG+ and beyond.

It gets a bit grindy if you're not doing every single side-mission.

You can afford to put points in every stat without too much worry. Focus mostly on the ones that scale with your weapon of choice, as much spirit as you need to get the benefits from your guardian spirit and as much magic/ninjitsu to get some of the utility stuff. Unless you want to go full mage or full ninja, which is always fun.

By the end of the game you'll be getting a lot of respeccing items, so you can pretty easily redo your levels and focus on new armour/weapons.

Do not underestimate the bird niggers. They will ruin your day if you're not careful.

Just bait their slow kick and remember that their fucking rod has absurd range and you've basically dealt with the majority of their skills. Their wind blast and dive are telegraphed pretty easily and countered by just running away or rolling. You can now bully the fuck out of them.

I wouldn't call it a souls-like or whatnot…but Nioh is faster, harder, stronger, better if there was a comparison.

Some tips:

How's everyone's progress in the game? I'm autistically collecting every smithing texts while also farming bells of invocation and droplets of decay from Abyss Hanzo, on Day 3 and 84% complete

Hanzo in the Abyss has been a godsend for text farming. I'm not sure if you can get every dropable text off of him but you can get a bunch. I haven't tried it yet but I bet the Child of the Sun's Armor is the ideal armor to use as a text farming armor.

Leveling your character is largely meaningless. Your weapons, skills and living weapons are the only thing that have a meaningful impact on weapon damage. Because of this don't think you are wasting levels by investing in onmyo, ninjutsu or spirit.

I just stopped playing halfway through way of the Nioh. Got too tedious for me.

oh and here is another handy tip
If you are planning on playing beyond NG and NG+, don't use heavy armor at all. Medium is workable but you'll still be getting 1 or 2 hit to death later on so its better that you get used to enemy movesets and how to dodge them back in NG to reduce frustration later on.

Indeed, just a word of warning to people trying this, make sure you got a good farming set with more Item Drop Rate+ than Equipment before trying, And here's a pdf document on all possible drops from Hanzo (got 70+ smithing text drops from the guy, even from the other loot tables and missions I haven't done)

Understandable, it's been my jam for dungeon looting madness that I haven't felt since Diablo 2, Destiny, Borderlands, Exile are more tedious.

Oh, and here's a list of the bosses and debuffs you'll encounter in the Abyss if you're going up/down

has someone ripped all the status icons and what they mean from the game?

Yeah, I found out the hard way and in late game too. But I was able to make up for it quickly.

There has been explanations and experimentation on the effects of the status icons and the abyss effects, sadly no one has managed to make a compilation yet.

Can someone rate my OC? 1-10/10?

Fuku is the best waifu and Maria is a slut

Japanese dark souls ripoff

It has more in common with Ninja Gaiden than Dark Souls tbh.

In fact you don't want any equipment drop rate bonuses on your armor at all because armor drops compete with item drops such as texts.
Also setting a good spirit, either moon rabbit or spider, and making sure you kodama blessings are set right and prestige points are well allocated helps a long way towards getting what you want.
There are a few texts that are tricky. The Great Halberd for example. After many, MANY runs I am 99% sure that it only drops from the twilight version of youkai Shigezane and from NONE of his other versions. So if you aren't getting a text from someone in a side mission or you might want to farm the boss in their regular spot and vice a versa.
Another example is this helm text only drops from Masamune in the side mission where you have to challenge the whole Date clan. And there are a few texts that drop off of otherwise unremarkable dev revnants.

What should I be doing with drops?

7/10. Do away with the watermark and it'll be a 9/10.

Got the Great Halberd of Hiragi smithing text from Abyss Hanzo, 30 cracked ochoko cups was worth it, but anyways follow this user's tips so you won't be stuck like me in doing the same thing over and over.

This part made me smile like no game has in a long time

Screenshot dump

MOAR

Depends on what you are talking about
Offer/sell useless accessories
Dismantle gear in NG and then NG+ onwards sell and dismantle as necessary/required.

I am REALLY enjoying this game. My only problem is I feel like I'm cheesing it if that makes any sense. I'm using duel swords, leveling skill, and using kato because I'm going full RP on fire swords. I just smoked snow waifu. Do anons usually try other weapons on a first play through or did I stumble on the scumbag strat?

you will get fucked sooner or later cause dual sword are garbage

also i'm in new game+ and trying to reforge for divines and geting gud any tips ? i'm using "the greater good set" with a katana

If you plan to keep using katanas try farming Hundred Eyes, he can drop a smithing text for a katana that has innate wind damage, you'll need that shit if you plan to reach way of the nioh and some deep abyss shit

It gets harder and harder till you can do a few cheese strategies while also making sure you got the cash and amerita to do it, but it's pretty rewarding.

Greater Good set is kinda shit on the higher difficulties, if you're a Katana guy try the Iga Head, Hayabusa, or Kingo sets.

And remember to save gear with + levels for soul matching and also keep gear with desirable inheritables.

I feel like a hoarder, 2900/4000 in my storehouse with really good inheritables and ethereal sets, gonna have to consolidate everything after getting all smithing texts from Hanzo, 86.9%, 30 or more left.

I ran through most of the game as a Iga ninja wielding a kusarigama. You know nothing of scumbag.

I always save any piece of gear with an inheritable "unlimited" stat since those can only appear on arms and chest through normal reforging methods. Which reminds me that I've got to try an optimized ranged build one of these days.

Coop is a good way to get some Amrita, items, and a shitton of glory. When I first played the game in november with a friend, we used the matchmaking coop system. It works well, but you don't get much glory. In contrast, random encounters give a load of glory, provided either you or the host don't croak/fall off within 30 seconds (hello, Ocean Roars). The online is still decently active, but you might sit in the torii gate for a few minutes once in a while. Also, you can only be summoned for missions you've completed. My only complained is the at times atrocious power level matching. I sometimes got summoned for the first fucking mission in the game as I was matchmaking from the final mission of the base game. It gets better once you move up a difficulty, though.

Master the different parries for the katana if you don't want to waste time.
There is that one parry which has the tightest timing of all(the one where you have to stand still, do a perfect guard and then do a 10-15 frame guard again) which completely depletes the stamina of every single humanoid boss. Master that shit and enemies like Warrior of the West, Hanzo and Nobunaga become a joke.

You can follow up that parry with another top tier combo, when the enemy is in a broken red state use your defense debuff talisman to make them fall down to the ground, get behind them and do a full charge iai attack and then follow that up with a grapple while they are on the ground

TL;DR Katana is a high risk high reward weapon, if you don't like the idea of parrying then change weapons.

Parrying is definitely something people should master, the game doesn't explain to you everything but damn parrying makes you fuck over every human bosses in the abyss.

Doesn't help all that much. Elements are primarily here for the status effects. The only real solution to the wanyudos is learning the pattern and making the best out of the shittiest environments.

Help.

str build is pretty fun, although i'm rolling tonfa/2kat this time and having a blast. i cannot get into spears though, tried 2 times and both ended up dropping it for anything else. what am i doing wrong with it?

I used spears very briefly and I grabbed a high stance move where you do a flurry of stabs at the end of a combo. That worked well for me.

There is no wrong, just preference. Spears have the range but take a bit longer to attack and you're using fast weapons. Your play style is likely out of tune a bit with spears.

gotta get the range and timing down for them
If you stick in low stance your speed is way higher, but you also have to get up in the enemy face to use the spear then

shazam

There's a lot about the game that isn't explained. Like how certain traits from the weapon skills carry over across all weapons, there was also a time when no one really understood what the earth and wind element debuffs did exactly (lightning and fire were pretty self-explanatory).

We need Ninja Gaiden on pc.

THIS

Why.
How was razor's Edge?

I expected this since I played until WotW but the feeling of safety compared to my first playthrough is really something else.

What an absolute roller coaster of love and hate this game is.

Please stop

A lot better than a vanilla NG3 but still nothing to write home about

was sigma worse than black/ 2?

How come there are some things in this game which outright make some stuff easy modo in NG and mildly in NG+.

This guy is right a out Earthly flow, I spent an hour working on it convinced it was OP because of how difficult it was to execute. Turns out it's just shit and heavenly flow is better in every way

2kat/tonfa? But why don't both of these weapons kind of do the same up close beat down type of thing?

The sigma games are widely considered to be inferior despite having extra missions and shit, they removed some of the gore/blood and add needles shit

If you want to practice parrying with a katana then try the Yagyu set.

Well think I got all possible smithing text drops from Abyss Hanzo, just spent 3 hours still farming him after getting the Gold Nioh Armor smithing text, 96.1% and 90+ texts

Are you on PC or console?

Just finished grinding on the PC and got it from Hanzo, got it via boon on PS4, you can get it from Hanzo on both, also there's some enterprising modders trying to get the exclusive stuff from pre-orders and Japan for the PC.

Because the real game starts in NG+2 and poison has a hard cap of 999 per tick.

So they DID put it in after all. Did they include the regular Nioh armor too?

Still pre-order only exclusive, so nothing for those who bought the game afterwards

I wish they would just add it already. They did for the Sanada armor.

OP, if you make a new thread, can you replace your image with this one?

This game is too fucking long. Quality sacrificed for quantity.

I know this high-stance-only crutch will fall out from under me sooner or later but hopefully I'll unlock everything on my way to NG+ in the meantime.

XBOX HEUG has basically the same architecture as any PC from 2003 and the only Ninja Gaiden game you want is NG : Black anyway.

You get a move that let's you stand stock still but also fucking decimate everything in front of you. Use LW with it and most things are a joke.

Might be because of the DLC that has Sanada, remember he has 2 armors from Defiant Honor and Bloodshed's End, hopefully that mod guys will get the Nioh Armor working for the PC.

Kusarigama is pretty much OP, cheese build or not, still sticking with my Odachis even though they got nerfed.

Behold, Perfection.

When do you get William's canon armour? The one from the cover and his bio screen.

I believe that's the Youngblood Set, it drops from revenants at the end of the first main mission.

Wow, you sure add alot to the conversation! tell me more

Yes, it is Youngblood. I wear it on my William.

The Unusual set looks similar to the Youngblood set too but is heavy armor and has a head piece, just fyi.

Kind of interesting such an early game armour is the "canon" one. Is a ranged weapon build viable? I feel like it isn't as ranged weapons feel more for sneak attacks or pulling one guy/hitting him with a critical so he drops for a bonus attack.

Always used it because the other armor the non-ripped version of the Veteran armor isn't available in-game and the fact the other sets reminds me too much of Samurai Warriors, that and both the Deus Vult aror or Unusual armor.

Really looks awesome, ronin/mercenary armor, plus the description has it say the armor looks good on William except the head gear.

Fast and quicker it's more similar like the old ps2 games hack slay, Way of the samurai and Onimusha.

If you're referring to the fextralife wiki, it's badly not up-to-date, Isonade is good if you're going for stat stick guardian spirit, Kato is pretty much the top dog (literally) for melee builds in living weapon mode, and Daiba-Washi is the luck build or the cheese guardian spirit for fighting human bosses.

Damn, video didn't embed.

Ranged attacks are actually devastating to human bosses like Maria since they will collapse with a head shot.

a cannonball to the fact is the best answer to a shit boss spamming living weapon

i mean face

Oh yeah. I bought this game but forgot to play it. Thanks for reminding me, OP.

Lol enjoy your post game bullshit of fighting TWO bullshit bosses at once with the single target system haha

I only really had a problem when I was fighting homunculus and fox battle. That shit was rough.

Mizuchi too. Tanuki as well if you can get him to hit.

JUST

This game can be mighty bullshit at times.

Made me angry watching it.

That was your fault. You should have just used your long range to just poke him into the flames, especially since your high attacks do a lot of ki damage anyway.

you don't have to do this. you don't have to follow these stupid trends. take the chance to step back and see that foolish shit for what it is. be something greater than that. recognize that you don't need to inflict yourself with that cult following. stay original and unique

You didn't even try to dodge or put up your guard. I'm not watching the rest.

Yeah I know. I wasn't trying to portray Nioh as unfair or anything like that, I just wanted to post some funny deaths I recorded about a year ago when I wasn't very good at it, as you can probably tell.

I don't think you can even guard against her teleport thrust.

the tell for it is so obvious that you can dodge it every time

Finally finished floor 108, got the frolicking cat kabuto smithing text, man the double boss gimmicks was a pain, between the chicken yokai and that twerp Ganryu, gonna have to consolidate all of my hoarded ethereals, 3980/4000 in my storehouse.

Does this one particular game overheats CPU for anybody else?
It doesn't affect performance, but it goes beyond 60 °C.

The performance for the PC version is a hit and miss, you should have been on the threads months ago, it's pretty much fucked up in both keyboard binding and optimization.

But it werks perfectly fine, and I'm super comfortable with KB+M, probably thanks to years of playing dark souls and phantasy star games this way.
It just heats my CPU like no other games, and it worries me.
Fucking koei, and I almost thought I got a great port of a great game for once.

Well, nip game ports have been on a recent trend to make your computer into a literal toaster, seriously from EDF to Star Ocean, temps go really hot and had to settle with a controller, keyboard settings after they patched it in had my pinky finger sprained because I raged at dying several times to Abyss Okatsu.

Did you forget the shit they got for not including KB+M in the initial release?

I only started playing last week.
Meaning they did fix it eventually since I'm not using any mods, right?
Did they fix it for toukiden 2 btw? I remember that one not supporting mouse either.

Oh. Yeah, it got fixed eventually but it got some people upset.
I think that one is just keyboard still.

It's the same company right? This doesn't make sense.

Nip publishers either do in-house (pretty rare) or outsource their PC ports, there were anons who said that Toukiden was outsourced while Nioh was in-house, dunno how accurate it is.

Good game but too much grind

Biting just because you got trips.

Yes, spread across all the levels. Apart from the mini umibozus, giant spiders, fire yokai and the ninjas I can't remember any levels having unique enemies to keep things fresh.

Backtracking is fine though if it's executed well like in Resident Evil or Metroid, fun even because it forces you to become familiar with thendl game world. Playing the same level but with inferior enemy placements and no end boss is just not fun when you're doing it twice or three times each level.

It's lazy though. And optional is debatable considering you'll be underleveled if you don't get the Amrita from them and only do main missions instead.

I didn't even get onto the diablo style loot and game breaking builds. You could just say you like the game regardless of it's poorly executed elements rather than attempting to justify it. The bosses and combat system arguably outweigh it's bloatedness (though i'm not sure I could play through it again and say the same). The main missions on their own would be a fine game on their own. But as it stands Nioh is as padded as an insecure flat-chested teen at a wet t-shirt competition.

The games biggest flaw is the shitty diablo loot, legitimately game ruining

That already is bigger enemy variety than most games what the shit.

Except it's the best part of the game, making it 10 times better any of the soulsbornes alone.
What's wrong with you people?
Humanity asked for diablo game with good combat system for centuries, and now that it's there you bitch about it?
Get the fuck out of video games forever.

are there any viable dual sword builds or they are all downright bad?

oh
shit.
my bad man

Fuck the meta, why even play the game if you're just going to be mimicking someone else.

What's wrong with them?

I don't think you understand the criticism, i'm not saying the pool of enemies is small (although it's not huge either), i'm saying they are shared between levels so by the end of the first set of levels, you've pretty much seen it all. The only thing to distinguish the levels then is art direction and level design. The Ocean Roars Again and The Iga Escape are great in this regard because they have unique level design (boardwalks you can fall down, shifting doors and traps) and unique enemies (umi bozus, ninjas). Compare with say, The Samurai from Sawayama which is stock enemies, boring level design and a bland look and the difference is night and day.

Diablo style loot is garbage, oh look I got the same spear I just got but it has +2 damage better stop the whole game and micro-manage my inventory. Vastly inferior to Soulsborne where most weapons offer altered movesets that switch things up. Why would you bother with multiple NG+ cycles and farm for hours just to get loot with bigger numbers, just play another game at that point, it's not like there's a shortage of good ones out there.

Started playing the game, finished the mission "Between the Shadows" (Vampire woman was easy using the Kato spirit). Game is somewhat hard for me, altought im getting ok with it, plus I fought multiple fallen heroes with unique sets, and because of that I have a good katana, and my armor is Warrior of the West's Honor set except the trousers. My spear is good but not unique or really good ATM. Now, I have 2 problems, I cant into forging/upgrading weapons well. Any idea what to do? And about skill personalization for spear & katana, any advise too?

get the combos that let you drain enemy stamina/ki/etc, they're pretty valuable in doing crits to stronger enemies and bosses. Quite a few skills carry over across multiple trees IIRC

It's either hate it or love it, no inbetween on this loot aspect

I love the combat system, I love the setting and aesthetics, but I can't bring myself to enjoy this game because of the fucking lootshit. I can't get into it because
Gear is what matters most, and that's such a huge fucking turn off. How can I enjoy this game?

Don't sweat it.

I like it when the undeads have enough agency to throw rocks at you.

Finally finished the game. Unlocked NG+, DLC and Abyss stuff now. Really good game, really frustrating as well. Hope they make a sequel/spiritual successor and iron out the kinks, streamline the grind, more enemies, weapons etc.

When should I do the DLC? Level 110-120 right now, not sure exactly.

You should probably play a few missions on NG+ before trying the DLC, they were designed for people who had played NG+.

Try getting some strong equipment from NG+ and then do the DLC.
I'll leave you with a pice of advice, pay attention to the color of human enemies

Thought as much. I guess its to NG+ and trying out Abyss.

Dual swords work well with light weight ninja hit and run builds. Also there happens to be a few dual sword set bonuses. Yoshiteru's Master Swordsman armor is one of the rare heavy armor dual sword sets and it's pretty tanky. Armour of the Rising Sun + Nine Tails makes you a disagreement machine.

no

It's getting hard to abandon the Warrior of the West set. Everytime I think I'm ready to try new equipment I find a newer, better version of it. Don't even need to soul forge.

There are better sets out there unless you are purely 1kat water element.

I'm finally gonna get around to playing this game in a week or so. Anything I should be warned about before I jump blindly in?

I just like the bonuses I get from it. What other sets do you recommend? Mostly making my build around swords and axes.

Don't get too attach to any gear till you're at Way of the Nioh.

Use your amrita to level up if you can, living weapon mode is gonna be useful for wrecking the shit out of bosses or getting you out of a tight-spot.

So the same as getting up titanite and upgrading in dark souls? Except more varied and interesting?
I dunno play some counter strike I guess.

I like specialized sets like God of War Looks Down or the obsidian samurai set or the dragon ninja set.

Japan's Bravest, Governor of Tosa, Scion of Virtue, and Yatagarasu too, good sets for specializing or mix-matching, killed the Orichi asshole with Yatagarasu ranged weapons.

If you want to use Katana the Tengu Kiri set is pretty good for parry timings.

Kato is the best starter spiritual guardian, I see. But How good is him for the rest of the game? Just started the game, and I got the bull spirit, who gives a lot of life,. Althought Ki is vital, having a lot of life is tempting. Should I change? And for the future, any advise in choosing spirit guardians? Doing mostly Spear/Katana, with ranged weapons too (Really useful). I know im making too amny questions, but being first time playing a game that as many say its really grindy & difficult, the more information, the better.

Kato is pretty much the end game guardian spirit to use for Living weapon or melee builds, and once you're done with the main game and do the DLC region (Tohaku), you'll be able to choose two spirits and swap in-between them. Katana/Spear is good, Spears are really long reach. Game gets grindy for the higher difficulties, so focus on testing yourself on the game, and one thing about ranged weapons, very useful to use Bows to hit the head of human bosses and then doing a final blow behind them, or using the ranged weapons on the weaknesses of the giant yokai bosses.

first playthrough is piss easy with no grinding involved. You can even get hit more than twice and healing matters. Just do whatever you can until you hit the final boss. The only thing I can recommend is that you learn all the movesets of every enemy instead of relying on cheesing.

I used Kato for about half the game, then a similar one later on. A big tiger, gives me sweet strong attack buff.

This game is a pain to play in multiples levels.

Im stuck in the giant water blob boss, and I haven't defeated the Hero of the West yet. Not sure what to do with these. Maining spear and katana.

activate the three blaziers before entering the arena, tis weak to fire arisen, get better equipment and last but not least git good

What are you talking about? You get a default number of elixers every time you pray at a shrine or respawn and you can increase your number by saving kodama AND increase the drop rate by setting the correct kodama blessing. Plus you get tons of free elixers by donating to the shrine.
Don't dodge, block. If you have to dodge use low stance.
Sell/donate/deconstruct what you don't want.
Yeah that guy's a bit of a pain. Use fire. Did you chose Kato?
Lame it out by playing ring around the rock.

SERIOUSLY RESCUE ALL THE KODAMA

How? Because waiting to get something good from loots is slow and luck-based (And I upgraded the luck titles and some of my equipment have improved loot-drop)

So you will always get 8? If true, thats good, and wasnt sure about that. And I didnt knew about donation in the shrine could give you elixirs.
Doing that lately. Better, but easy said than done. Yeah, perhaps i need the better, but I expected that dodging would be good, but instead, is not really effective.
Yes.

I nearly exclusively went with the Healer blessing.

Dodging is very good. Timings can be fiddly but if you get them down, they are a big help in getting you behind an enemy or out of a combo allowing you to punish enemies.

Do you even greed?

I rarely ever forge/soul match/barber and was comfortably leveled for everything.

Did you get Onmyo Magic like Guardian Spirit Talisman, Sloth, Lifeseal or Weakness? they help debuff the bosses into a complete joke if you're having that much of a problem with them.

If you rescue all the kodama for a particular region. If you learn the passives from the ninjutsu tree you can carry an extra 3 that come from your stock. The kodama rescued are per region so your elixers reset to default when you go to a nre region but you only have to ever rescue the kodama once and never again. Get a helm or accessory with kodama sense and search out the little buggers.
You will also later be able to donate equipment to your clan once you reach the teahouse and sometimes the bonus for donating is extra elixers, among other things.
As far as healing goes the further you go in the game the more options you get for healing. Certain reforges, set bonuses, and spirits all give you healing abilities.
Also

Do not forget about this. This is the most versatile and powerful spell in the game. DO NOT ignore it.

Stuff in games like this reminds of real life work, hope you guys have a go-to set of equipment to use, hoarding in this fast-pace loot and run game is too damn easy.

Didnt bothered with omnyo magic. Being first time, wanted to go simple and being a samurai (melee and ranged attacks). But perhaps I should bother with that. After all, the skill trees are separated, and to at least get one of the useful spells should be worthy. I will try that, and to get all kodama as possible. Thanks for the help, I will now try this.

you really dont need onmyo and ninja tools that much but they help a lot consumables also exists

Just invest in Ninjutsu and Onmyo Magic, you'll get a lot of samurai points as you progress, but both will make your life easier.

I went the entire game without magic and ninjitsu. I probably made life harder and more boring for me, but I did it.

Forgot, in Ninjutsu get Suppa and Cat-Walking and in magic, get Sloth, Weakness and Guardian Spirit Talisman, will make life easier for you and make the game go faster.

Seen people doing the game naked or no weapons, only fists, and in Way of the Nioh too, and it really doesn't hold up doing things like in Soulsborne games because everything is goddamn tuned it, but kudos to those nutjobs.

Despair but also Despair.

I know the port was just another nip publisher phoning it in, so what happened?

No idea. Might be just my GPU having issues with Nioh. Don't have issues in other games.

Must be either the port getting retarded on your GPU, nip game ports have high temps for me that quickly go down if I quit the game,

Not sure what it could be, temps are lower than other games. Hoping it'll get fixed eventually, wrote to the manufacturer as well.

Game is fun as fuck, I only did the bare necessities for passing NG+# up to WOTN, hoping to farm good equipment there.

how's ideoshi set? got a smith text out of him

Does anybody actually know what the inhabited kodama bowl do? There's no buff, they don't reset springs, and they don't bring the other kodama that haven't been found

It is quite fun, really reminds me of the joy of Diablo 2 looting and it's pretty easy to get from Way of the Samurai towards Way of the Nioh if you abuse Ninjutsu Stealth Runs towards the boss in each mission, power-level in Marobashi and get gear, then do Queen's Eye to unlock the next difficulty.

The Child of the Sun set or Armor of the Rising Sun? former is good farm set, latter is pretty much a good dual-wield katana set if you got the right equipment stat and build.

Think they finally fixed that, gives 10% bonus to your Kodama blessing.

Scratch that on the Inhabited Kodama Bowl, had to re-check the patch notes from the demo to 1.21, it does nothing, dumb unverifiable information managed to spread because everyone wanted to know what tt was, didn't give a damn about it but you still got autists testing whether it does all the previous things people said it would do, seems be some toy crap for the purpose of looking at those adorable little guys.

Talking about sets, what are recommended sets for spear/katana users? Hero of the west is good but not sure if there are better sets.

And one last thing, don't bother asking Team Ninja, they got some shitty translations and typos still in the game they didn't bother fixing in with the patches, so overall it's a mystery

Armor of the Exceptional, The Last Gallant General, and Scion of Virtue with some pieces of the Governor of Tosa.

I figured there was really nothing besides just showing them off; it's just odd considering the kodama hat actually does something useful

well if he's not planning on playing higher difficulties and wants to play with a massive crutch

Earthly Flow isn't that good but it's a lot more interesting than he makes it look, because it's the only parry-type move that works on everything. Literally (probably) EVERYTHING. I've "parried" White Tiger's beam with it. The damage is decent too when it fully connects. I keep it on mainly for the novelty but it's still hard to recommend over just dodging. The Shrike is the god parry anyway.

They won't answer, they still haven't fix some of the retarded mistranslations on the forge stats that confused people till they did the exact opposite of what it was worded by, so it's a mystery and I pity the poor saps who wasted glory and materials to get them.

Shit like that pissed me off, they won't fix their translations and it's still the same for the PC

So with Nurikabe(wall youkai), what it is? A gesture of the same color as its eyes, or the inverse? Not sure what it is, and there are three colors, so its hard to choose…

Another misinformation crap, you do two gestures, this is full proof but do the pattern of Blue then Yellow if it doesn't work, but the gestures have to be like Bow, Sorry, or There There, just think that you're talking to a very offended wall and do gestures to calm it down.

Its completely random.

They want you to do a specific color of gesture. It doesn't matter which gesture, just the color of it. You get two guesses so choose two different colors and you'll have a 2/3rds chance to get it right. You should check nearby graves to see if anyone died to the wall. If they did, it will tell you one of the colors to not do. If you fail, you can run away and reset them at a shrine to try again if you don't feel like killing them. Also, if you interrupt your first gesture with the second one, the wall won't respond to the second one so wait for the first to finish completely.

Why is there still no "long n loose" hairstyle for William? That's really my biggest complaint.

Do onmyo skill, when upgraded from first to later levels, only reduce the cost, or also improve its power? I followed the advise to use some omnyo spells (guardian spirit, sloth, less ki), and also got the spell that give elemental damage. But the thing is that im a melee centric, and to be limited to three spell isnt bad (I have 12 magic stats, if you want to know). So I cant see the point of lowering the cost by one point…

What do you mean by costs?

Capcom doesn't want money.

Reduce cost sadly, but that only means you can pick other spells.

He means the Onmyo capacity.

In that case yeah leveling spells up does nothing but give you another spell item to equip to yourself costing one less onmyo point than before.
The only elemental spell that I consider essential is fire shot. Later on having large reserves of magic allows you to apply the confusion stat which is great.

Oh, and to further explain this, only the damaging spells can only get Onmyo Power to increase their damage, but Onmyo Magic gets retardedly unfeasible in higher difficulties, but you can just stick with guardian spirit, sloth, lifeseal, and weakness for general hard to kill monsters and bosses, so you're good, most builds end game builds do get some onmyo magic for Leeching and Carnage which increases your damage, so just experiment and focus on your Samurai build.

Meant the Onmyo Magic damage spells like Fire and Lightning Shot, need to take a break because my head is getting whoozy.

Kenko I think it is called, the big tiger. Great for axe and smash approaches to combat.

There is one that puts you into LW upon death and gives you some health back. It used to be really broken but it can still be used to keep you alive.

Is it weird that I want him to use a normal western sword? Whenever I get a good weapon I always repaint it into a bastard sword.

Kato is just busted for melee because it gives you two melee bonuses (close combat damage and skill damage) as well as having a huge living weapon damage bonus with good other stats. Most spirits are situational though and kato's happens to be buffing melee damage. Kara-jishi's skill damage buff thing is really strong. 50%ish damage buff that stacks with other buffs and lasts a good while.

Besides damage there's Suzaku for saving you from death. Aya-komori and Hi-nezumi for ninja and onmyo item restoration respectively. Enku comes with nullify damage on dash attacks. Gyokuto and Genbu for ninja throwing and onmyo respectively. Itokuri for farming obviously.
Lots of spirits have good talisman attacks. Paired dogs inflict hit stun even on youkai with full stamina. Daiba-washi and Enko can launch humanoids. Shin-roku's gives a buff that is basically infinite stagger resist. Most spirits are very good at applying their respective element which is useful for proccing confusion once you can equip two spirits.

Its a shame the London armours look trash, because I get what you mean. European weapons were superior because of better metal.

I wish there were more spirits for some of the elements, fire has by and large more than the others.

Is the first boss of the DLC meant to be cheap in that he kills me in one or two hits? I have level 150 gear, level 130+ myself. The enemies before him weren't too bad, they hit hard but were very manageable.

The DLC bosses are tougher than anything in the base game and even way of the strong, stay on the side away opposite his centipede arm and try not to run from him or he'll summon that damn centipede to run you down. My strategy is burning away his stamina until he is staggered and then quickly bursting him down with LW before he recovers.

Yeah I got him. I was wondering more if I was underleveled and/or unprepared but seems not. Got him within about 10-15 tries.

Yeah, I was hoping for more diversity in terms of the armor and weapon selection. Especially since part of the plot is a rogue English wizard trying to get magic shit from Japan. Or at least to my understanding.

It would be a bit closer to say European wizards want to get magic shit from Japan since the DLC shows Spain wants the Amrita as well, and the only people who can stop them are an Irishman who is trying to save his spirit waifu and his ninja friend who has a cat for a clock.

Which is why I want a sequel/spiritual successor which gives us all the weeb equipment but then throws in the European equipment as well. Could be not- Earth where not-Japan invades not-Europe or vice versa.

Wind actually has the most spirits total with 7. You could make an argument for one of them being multi elemental though. Fire and water have 6 each and earth and lightning have 5 each.

I was hoping that we would gain control of Ouroborus too.

One of those is actually two spirits together.

Why was Saoirse, William's guardian since chilldhood and the reason the entire game happens in the first place, so bad? She should have been the clear best spirit because of all the years William has spent with her, her literally preventing him from dying.

Me too. It was such a fucking sick looking stand guardian spirit.

You mean gameplay wise? Her abilities seem pretty fitting to me.

She has the gimmick of having different from normal combo bonuses when paired up with another spirit.

We all know about builds that do insane amounts of damage a hit, but where my tank bros at?
Also post your favorite builds in general

And she prevents you from losing most of your amirita on two consecutive deaths. The only real issue with her is that her gimmick ended up getting nerfed hard when they were trying to cut Suzaku down to size.

I mean, he is supposed to be an opportunistic cunt.

The later spirits are generally for more niche uses. It's just that Kato is a basic all around offense spirit, but since they made everything die too quickly it's strengths last for a very long time, but depending on your build and playstyle another might benefit you more in certain ways, so it's always worth giving them all a try and seeing what their attack is like, especially since Kato's attack is fairly vanilla.

He just does a shitton of damage because the game expects you to be able to reduce and negate damage by now where necessary since you beat the game. Also his attacks are mainly very forward focused, getting behind him makes it much harder for him to do anything to you.

Prove it then, my entire runs on both the PS4 and PC version has me avoiding those walls with blue to yellow gestures all the time, Red gestures twice only pisses them off.

She's terrible as a living weapon spirit, but quite useful because for amrita farming or pairing up to get different bonuses with another guardian spirit.

I've had the Nurikabe attack me after two gestures, one blue and one yellow, and I've had it peace out after a red gesture. The fact that you tout some online source as infallible and always true makes you look like a gullible idiot.

Always use a red gesture. Don't be a bitch.

Go run the maps with the walls until you get one that goes away with a red gesture

Check the states you retard, all gestures are the not the same, tested this in the Deep in the Shadows mission, used Blue Gesture - Pray, it went hostile, then used Yellow Gesture - There, there, it let me passed through, did the inverse with using Yellow Gesture Oh No, it went hostile, then used Blue Gesture - Sorry, it let me passed through, unless you give me an accurate calculation of whether it's the eyes or a perfect, and the only time I can bet on the Red Gesture was randomly in the The Defiled Castle, but all the other time it went hostile until I use a Blue or Yellow gesture.

The first nurikabe I ever convinced I did so using a red gesture. Specifically "That's no good". The state of the eyes is only in regards to how many attempts you have left, and the revenants prove that the colour of the gesture is what matters and is also random, because the one they suggest not to do changes every time.

Where did you pull this from? I'm half expecting it to next cite the colour of the eyes as some kind of source. Information surrounding this game is a mess.

The only difference is the color of the gesture

The only difference is the color of the gesture, your clue is that the revenants killed by the nurikabe only list the color of the gesture made and not the gesture itself.

Here, one of the first guides I did in comparison with several others guides.gamepressure.com/nioh/guide.asp?ID=38707 been checking guides all over, either it's the eye color with the appropriate gesture or the graves where you can read that "blank did hostile behavior to Nurikabe" most of my testing from running this earlier is Blue to Yellow is my proof experience of avoiding a wall fight because I'm speedrunning the missions for rewards.

The eyes always go from yellow to red. It represents nothing except how many tries you have.

This is "hold A down to capture" tier.

Should clarify that was one of the several explanations from other people how the wall works, there's not much good and accurate documentation of all of this game's stuff, like how to spot a mimic chest and not just whistle before you loot a chest. But should clarify instead that this is from my own game experience of playing the game for over a year.

One more bit, the testing with using gestures that correspond to their eyes was proven false weeks after the game's release, there's not much updated guides to reflect this, we still got people testing the Inhabited Kodama Bowls and wasting materials and glory to get them.

Do you not realise just how many gestures are available? It would be beyond stupid for them to make it require a specific gesture. Even using something similar to the mujina where they only use the gestures you have set, that's still far too many to reasonably decide from, and through testing it never cares specifically which gesture as long as it's the colour it wants.

One of the first guides? Just how long ago was this then? If you tested enough and just thought about it in relation to what the game itself shows you you should have realised how it actually works, this isn't really complex compared to some of the really esoteric stuff in the game. The eye colour is nothing to do with gesture choice, which is easily proven, and the revenants cycle through all the different gesture colours randomly each mission.
In other words, you did Blue to Yellow only because it felt like the fastest available and got lucky, or only remembered the several that it worked on.

5 days after it came out, or there's IGN and several others, same stuff over and over.
Several claimed that, tested it because of some other vague guide I saw, and it didn't work, revenants are not always there for the walls in most missions or in twilight or abyss.
Here's how it goes, using Blue gestures once works like say 70% of the time, 30% is the wall getting hostile then I use Yellow gestures to calm it down, finally it dissolves and let's me pass, that's pretty much how I do things because it speeds up the process, haven't fought one for some time unless I feel like hitting one out of boredom.

This stuff all got tested before the game even came out on the beta. Revenants are just an additional way to cut down on the options and encourage being online, and there are generally dev revenants as a replacement but not always. There used to be more further afield and maybe some levels still have that but the mission I just went into to check, Deep in the Shadows on Strong, didn't have the one I had in mind on the second nurikabe. But nearby there's one player revenant crushed for friendly behaviour and one crushed for neutral behaviour, plus there have been several times in the past where blue then yellow hasn't worked. Really it doesn't make sense to think that in a colour guessing game with optional clue hunting they'd just outright cut one option out. Admittedly I can't say whether or not some missions might have closer odds for a certain colour but that just doesn't seem likely as a potential option, and the simplest explanation is that you got nice RNG.

Doing the same on the PS4 and PC, Blue works most of the time, and Yellow works all the time after it goes hostile, Red on the get-go like Threat or Taunt pisses it off quickly till I use a Yellow gesture, there's really no 100% way to accurately use one gesture and it's done, but mostly I want the devs to fix some of the mistranslations and some of the broken RNG on item drop rate.

Not unless you get lucky or find revenants, but this doesn't arbitrarily exclude red gestures from potentially working at any point if that's the one it wants. The red one worked first time on the previous attempt I talked about. Running the same mission, went to the same second nurikabe, the same friendly rev is still there but now there's a different one saying hostile behaviour, so now a yellow gesture worked first try. You're just reading too much into it, that's all. There definitely is a lot of other things that require fixing, though it's unlikely they'll rework the game's balance to how it should be but the errors and mistranslations would at least be nice, though even that seems unlikely at this point.

Must be just autism, people already broke the game's balance 3 months in release, now you still got people trying to solve the mystery of the Inhabited Kodama Bowl or what gestures that still have the highest percentage to work on the Nurikabes.

The nurikabes are pretty much solved enough but the Inhabited Kodama Bowl is some real shit that still needs discovered. That said it might be just literally broken, none of the reasonably assumed things are affected by it. What do Amulets of Camaraderie do though? I've never summoned so I've never had the chance to use them, but the description also mentions a kodama.

is it even possible countering jin hayabusa? i'm getting ass raped by him

Amulet's revive fallen allies, npc or players. the inhabited kodama bowl is a damn mystery, the devs won't answer anything, seems like just a flavor toy or something.

Either cheese it or wear light gear and git gud with parrying and dodging. Mostly did parrying and dodging

Here's some examples of either cheese, or abusing his AI, parry + dodge, and living weapon. Fighting him for the first time was goddamn hard if your agility is C or B, he rapes you with his quick attack patterns.

One last video, I recall baiting him with 3 attacks then he comes close so you can parry. Check the 1:06 mark

I could never get into the sheer volume of weapons, gear, and weird as ninja moves that were impossible to execute without a keyboard

Just get a gamepad. It'll come in handy with emulators too.

lol look at this retard.
I've had red work more often than blue/yellow by a long shot. It's literally just random chance.

The most important thing to keep in mind when fighting him is distance. The pace he goes at and his moves change hugely based on how far he is. He shits out damage like a tornado if you're close up and he's practically immune to elements so with just weakened weapons you're not surviving long in light armour. Your best damage can come from knocking him out of the air with shurikens etc. but you need to be on the ball with it. His normal combos are also parriable but it's risky, he normally busts them out if you take too long trying to break his guard.

Ah, I can't tell how that could be applied to the bowl then, even though it uses the same kodama animation which is curious, so maybe there's a link to what it really does.

Read the other posts before you spout your internet "I'm right, you're wrong" retardation like some real helpful newfag. because you're clearly full of shit if all your contribution in this thread is just that.

It's a mystery, still does nothing in the PC port, nor does using it in front of a Shrine or Hotspring, also does nothing in Abyss for those White Kodamas.

except the "discussion" is so far people spouting shit that they know nothing about.

i'm pretty sure inhabitated kodama bowl does nothing and it's just there to look at those cute things

Stated that, but doesn't stop the real autists from finding why Team Ninja made it possible to be bought with glory, but that's probably just them trolling people like those deepest lore faggots.

That or it was intended for something that was then cut out. But as it stands it does absolutely nothing but play the little animation.

But that makes no sense, you have a shrine full of them and even the main menu for that. Maybe it's something for the gauge during Yokai Realm with a Companion? That's the only other thing I can think of right now, otherwise it's actually broken or something.

nope does nothing there either, people have tested

And it's still broken after a year out in Complete Edition for the PC, everyone's tried everything, on the PC it's in the table item list for usable items, and it also has a smithing text, look here github.com/pawREP/Nioh-Cheat-Engine-Table

Pretty sure it's just a toy to look at the cute buggers, but the mindfuckery at what it does can screw with you, must be them trolling players when they don't answer on what their particular use is.

maybe it just keeps tigers away :^)

Better to just ignore it and let it stay a mystery, just don't waste glory or materials on it.

I would not put it past them originally having a use for it but fucking it up and never actually fixing it. There have been so many things that have been broken or incorrect not just since the PC release, or even the PS4 release, but during the prerelease alphas and betas. They never once thought about correcting Kato's Close Combat Attack effect which was in there since alpha, despite the rest of the game referring to it as Close Combat Damage, not to mention the Ki Pulse skills.
Out of curiosity, is there a list somewhere of all the things people have tested out so far? That'd be the most efficient way at least.

Trying to find that steam thread about it, but you can cross of the list

Damn, I already tried those. I also thought of another, but after testing it it doesn't let you change your blessing for free.
Maybe there should be a pastebin with all the methods already tested, it could be passed around everywhere and updated.

I would say, just let it go, but it can be a sidequest for us autists to do, gonna have to check on that guy who was checking the item uses and their triggers in the PC version.

Yeah I'm not really going deep into it, but for all the people who want to figure it out it might help for coordination's sake.

I'll just have to find that guy who tinkered with the files in the PC version, the mystery must be solved.

Using Spear as weapon, i have been using complete sets that use it.
Overall, both are nice. Now I got the entire Warrior of the East's Honor, and I see some problems.

Element trait on weapons is random unless it's built it. It will have a circle like icon next to it if it is and you won't be able to reforge that trait. Shin-roku's talisman buff is a stagger resist buff. You can tank basically anything with it as long as you don't straight die from the hit.
Of those three sets, I'd probably recommend Red Demon set. It's light and has ki regen bonus. Evading with B or C agility is pretty bad imo. You just have to watch out for enemies that are resistant to fire like wheel monks, red monk demons, or fox demons. You don't have to use enko with it, the attack and defense bonus is basically nothing later on. Enko's talisman attack however does launch human enemies upwards if it hits I believe, which leads into easy Final Blows or juggles.
If you do some coop, you can get umbracite easily. Umbracite lets you choose from a number of traits when reforging depending on what quality umbracites you have. This makes it very easy to get the traits you want on your gear. Keep in mind similar traits are exclusive with each other. For example, you can't have more than one element,including poison and paralysis, on a weapon(except in one case that I know of).

I had fun with this game for a while, but got tired of fighting the same enemies repeatedly.

This game is getting boring to me. I beat the water monsters and finished two other side quest in the new land. Should I continue? How long do I have to beat the game?

A shit ton more. I had many times of fatigue, hate, rage, fun and love. Its a very mixed game. I finally tapped out at the final boss of the DLC. Can't be done with that bullshit again and again. Nioh would be much, much better if it were at most half the size. Instead of being a 70 hour grind, make it a 30 hour tight experience, plus what says, poor enemy variety doesn't help.

Nioh has the makings of a great game, just saddled with a lot of grind, fluff, filler as well sloppy hitboxes, tracking, trying to hard to be hard etc. I would love if they make a sequel or some other type of follow up that sorts the game out big time.

Probably applicable to both, but the main fun and variety comes from finding joy in how many options you yourself have in combat, and how smoothly you can go through them. Personally I find just doing anything in fights and trying to do it the best and as stylish as possible never gets old, but all the weapons have a lot to them that only increases as the game goes on. Assuming you mean you just finished the second region, there's still quite a lot to go yet, but the next regions all ramp up in quality and you don't have all the moves or abilities yet, and likely haven't even fully used all the weapons either. It's up to you at the end of the day whether you're enjoying it or not, but you need to be approaching the game in the right way to really get the most fun out of it. Also I guess you don't have to do all the sidequests if you don't want to, but there's some cool shit available like spirits in some.

Take a break, I've found Nioh is pretty easy to stop playing for a while but pick back up with no issues

spin off or sequel set in central/south america fighting as a Spaniard when

That would work quite well. I was thinking some alternate world with not-Japan going to war with not-Europe. Gotta have the weeb stuff carry over because it is very well done but combined with European weaponry and armour would just add to the already great package.

Some of the sidequests have the best looking environments in the entire game.

Well said, I am not finding the game hard at all. It's just that it feels "heavy", like you said it feels like fluff.

I am an optimizer. I still have fun but maybe I'll try to do what you suggest although it feels like it would add more unnecessary hours to this game already.

I'll try this.

How do you guys effectively get all kodamas every single level?
I know there is that one effect that shows them on your map but sometimes specially in the mine maps it's really hard to find where they are.

I just use the effect and figure out the rest. Or use a divination talisman instead of an effect.

That's pretty much what I did. Yeah, the mini-map doesn't take into account verticality or secret walls but it gives you a general idea of where the spirits are.

Just use kodama sense and look for a green glow, that's all I can tell you. On the plus side you never have to do it again once you do it and you might luck out and find locks in the mean time.

Don't think of it like that, that's part of the problem. Play it to have fun, the combat system is the best part of the game, and while it should be a great challenge as well, they fucked the balance too hard so many things are just far too powerful and make the game boring if you use all of it.

I don't understand.

Enemy variety becomes a problem because you fight mostly humans/yokai humans with a few special enemies thrown in there. Yet you also do this for 50 plus hours. It simply overstays its welcome.

Is the Kusarigama a good choice if you actually try to use it?
Played the game until the Tokai region and restarted it now, decided to pick the Kusarigama.
Feels like complete shit. Should I take an effort to learn it or is it futile?

Kusarigama is the best weapon in terms of raw DPS.

does the fit girl of this game works like nier where i can choose what i want to install?

Guess I'm meant to read a guide then?
Using it now feels like total shit, my attacks take too much stamina and if I try to combo I lose the potential stamina that I could get back through Ki pulse.
Maybe I'm supposed to build around it or git gud?

Reaper skill is amazing dps but you're completely immobile and the range is pretty bad. Enemies tend to get knocked out of it after a few hits.

you mean forging/enhancing?
no, you just replace one of the weapons stats or add ons with a new random one

no, i mean lossy videos, one language dub only and so forth.

nier automata was almost 50GB and you could install on you pc with only 26~28GB depending what you choose to install
nioh is fucking 70GB there is no way im putting that on my pc

my man

All the most common enemies still have several different variations and looks to them, on top of many different moves for each of them. The rarer ones could have shown up more often, and they shouldn't have removed so many enemies from places since it also hurts the variety, but what's there is more than enough when you take into account how indepth and varied William can be.

In a game where every weapon is extremely good and has a lot of tools, the Kusarigama is the absolute best by far. It just has far too much going for it in so many ways and it's very very few weaknesses either don't matter or are easily circumvented. Someone mentioned Reaper though honestly I feel like that's overrated unless you're in LW, it's no Water Sword but it's still a strong skill, but the weapon just has everything and everything is excellent with it.

How do I defeat the first Date boss, the sentipede man?
He's just so absurdly more powerful than anything I've met before, including his own stage, I'm wondering if I have to leave and grind some levels.
I'm using 150 level gear as well.

just dodge attacks and deal damage

He's weak with Wind, use Daiba-Washi and Wind Amulets, dodge and hit him hard and you'll eventually get his ki down to zero, that's 5-8 secs of pure damage dealing to finally get him down.

His thing is that he rushes forward and does a shitton of damage, you beat the game so you should know ways to mitigate the damage. He also happens to be very linear, most of his big damage comes from his front.

Unlike a lot of bosses in Nioh that let you block or parry their attacks, Centipede man instead works fully on Dark Souls rules. Meaning you need to dodge that shit. Particularly be prepared to dodge when he throws the Great Halberd of Hihiragi at you.
Btw if you want the smithing text for that particular spear then you are going to have to grind the Twilight version of this boss.

Just have to weather the storm with him. Get ready for the last boss of the first DLC too. Annoying bosses are Team Ninja's favourite apparently.

Dropping by to say that I cheesed him with a bunch of buffs, skill-heal and water sword.
Just run into motherfucker and water sword until he interrupts me, pop elixir, repeat.
He went down fast and effortless.
But if you try to fight him "legit", it's harder than the entirety of dark souls franchise.

Not sure, it it's intended or bad game design.
I tried to repeat this tactic against Nobunaga and Nohime and guess what, it werked.
I rushed down Noh, and the fought Nobun like normal.
I honestly dunno if this game is competent or not.

It's a curious case of both, bad game design that was intentional based on kneejerk haphazard responses to prerelease design decisions that the game was originally built around. It meant the OP shit became stupidly trivializingly OP instead of just powerful resources because everything dies too fast and so do you so Ki matters little. That said he's not really that hard to fight when legit, he's just really imposing and demands you're sharp on the mechanics, since he takes the same approach most people did throughout the game and bumrushes with huge damage but is fallible to Ki break and back attacks.

Could someone archive this thread or screencap it? Please?

Nevermind, I done it.
archive.is/1diqt