How are you enjoying the best expansion for the Binding of Isaac?

How are you enjoying the best expansion for the Binding of Isaac?

antibirth.com

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.antibirth.com/
mega.nz/#!Ah5DSBgJ!lHnI_92sv8asf_26IYsdRsOc8D2gMWx9fl9FGZwa-xI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What, did it get updated or something?

I am not a fan of some room designs, some are so brutal the only reliable way to avoid damage is abusing flight as they don`t reward skill

There's been so much game chaning updates, DLC and that remake that I lost track of it all. What is even Edmund Mcmillen doing with his life?

Haven't tried Antibirth but TBoI is/was a meh game way too autistic and overkill with the effort you have to make to unlock items. And most of them are just equivalent clones of other items anyway. It's the only thing to keep you playing after you progress enough and it sucks.

>Curse of The Giant on The Corpse
Antibirth is still fairer and better balanced than AB/+ on the whole

I don't think Antibirth would get an update any time soon now but I guess it's more understandable than rushing an entire dlc which only served to only add artificial difficulty. Right now I'm just killing my time with a bunch of mods I've installed for AB+ because the booster packs are not enough for me, the Revelations mod is pretty interesting.

pic related

The binding of isaac was originally on flash.
Wrath of the lamb was its expansion.
Then there was Rebirth, the remake by Edmund and Nicalis on another engine. Aside from some pseudo-ARG regarding the Lost which was immediately found by scrounging through the game's files and Edmund throwing a fit, it was fine.
Then there was Afterbirth, the Rebirth expansion, which dropped the ball by misunderstanding the appeal of TBoI entirely, introducing rubberbanding bosses in relation to your total damage output, punishing treasure/secret rooms, and generally nerfing the fuck out of everything because muh single player balance.
And then there was Afterbirth+, purportedly being there for modding capabilities. They underwhelmed everyone. Meanwhile, the Antibirth fanmode came out, and it was pretty much everything people wanted Afterbirth to be, seemingly blowing Edmund the fuck out, after which he proceeded to make the Dark Souls of Super Meat Boy games which nobody gave a shit about because they wanted fun and unlocks, not darkness and le hardcore purist challenge.

But antibirth doesn't have the funny internet meme man that yells a lot

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess Isaac really is most of his life.

No

I enjoyed the original, but never got to the pixelshit remake because it dropped the great baranovsky soundtrack.

_Kilburn, the guy in charge of Antibirth, agrees with you, so he commissioned a completely new soundtrack for Antibirth, in the mould of the Danny B OST.

Nah, he has Super Meat Boy to his name too.

mods (and antibirth) fix it. It's worth a pirate for being able to play the game at a not-shit framerate,
Speaking of which does anyone want Antibirth's OST in flac?

Please do, nigga

This tbh
AB/+ is annoying difficulty, like making pills not worth it, and just reskined and bland ideas

blog.antibirth.com/

TBoI is fun but Edmund's stupid ideas in what regards to have skill at the time to fight bosses and the autistic treasure hunt to unlock charactes/objects ruins it.
The last three added bosses suck because they are ridiculously tanky and they fights become boring in consequence.

Don't forget the part where he promised monthly updates for AB+ with new objects and changelles but failed and people got angry. To be honest that was another of his stupid ideas, why the fuck you would want to put more objects in a game where already added objects make the same shit as others and many are utter shit that need to be fixed?

I unlocked everything in one save. Then I got raped by the Magic Skin one time too much, so I'm making a second save without it.

And it still is better than Afterbirth.

Apparently, one update is coming soon like next month soon, if they're to be trusted.

welp
time to try this mod then
I never bothered with it because i never 100% afterbirth+ but i guess ill just try this mod

mega.nz/#!Ah5DSBgJ!lHnI_92sv8asf_26IYsdRsOc8D2gMWx9fl9FGZwa-xI

Dog bless

And then in + he adds Delirium, which has this and can teleport right on fucking top of you, because fuck you if you want to do that fight with Lost or Keeper with anything other than a build where it's impossible for you to take damage.

Aw hell lol get it, Antibirth.
I loved it a lot, but I dropped it after playing it too much and getting bored. I unlocked mostly everything except the shitty not worth unlocking items like meat cleaver and magic skin. I would play Rebirth and fuck around with mods, but THE ISAAC MODDING COMMUNITY IS THE ONLY FUCKING MODDING COMMUNITY THAT MAKES IT AN ABSOLUTE BALL-ACHE TO MOD A PIRATED COPY. If you want any mods from the official modding website, you need to have the shit in your Steam library. I've already unlocked everything except a few items and the Lost in vanilla Rebirth, so I don't feel like shelling out shekels for a game I've already sunk so many hours into. I was only barely able to get Antibirth for a pirated copy, just barely through some luck and a lot of Google-fu.

I have the exact same fucking problem. And the reason is that "modders need their recognition" by knowing exactly that this and this and that steam user downloaded their shitty mod.

(checked)
Nice doubledubs, but I think I remember their main reason was "PYRATTIIING IS BAAAAAAADDD AND STEEEEELING!!!".

I don't understand that logic, you enjoyed it, so why not buy it?

Both reasons are bad, especially when messing with mods on pirated versions allow people to test more easily multiple mods at once, helping with both stability and popularity of mods because "That mod works wonders with this one".

But hey, idiots being idiots, I guess. And that's part of why Antibirth, who went outside this system, was much more popular than other mods

The only way I could bring myself to beat Delirium with Keeper and stay relatively sane was to startscum for swallowed penny + restock + some other stuff that was necessary but I don't remember and spawn the entire item pool on one floor. It took hours and if I fucked it up at all I'd have to start again, but it's testament to just how shit that character is and just how utterly shit that boss is that I was willing to put up with doing that instead of doing it legitimately.

It's the price of Reddit. The mod tools are garbage anyway so what thorough mods there are (i.e. things that aren't simple and elegant) are ludicrously hacky in implementation. I've attempted to polish the turd myself to fit my preferences, but nearly everything I've done could've been done pre-AB+ anyway.

I only buy games if they are multiplayer games I plan on playing for longer than a few nights with people on my Steam friend's list, and that's it. Even if I were to buy it, I wouldn't play it enough to justify the purchase.

That's an understatement and the documentation for that pile of shit was even worse. They should be ashamed.

BoI never gets a good sale, especially not with afterbirth.

You know the documentation is fucked up when modders have to code their own API as separate mods for their original mods to function.

How long is that fat faggot going to keep remaking/re-releasing this same game

See to get how.

He's only done it once if you don't count the original newgrounds version.

Yeah but what about that Mewgenics game, for one

Cancelled for unspecified reason. What we got instead was The End is Nigh.

I want to murder Edmund for The End is Nigh.
It started off so good, with the rock/classical music the challenging but not bullshit levels and the apocalyptic charm it had.
Then somewhere around the third level he decides the only way to make the game more challenging is through utter fucking bullshit. Pixel Perfect platforming in an environment where everything from safe spots to danger zones to the background are all the one singular shade of black, combined with insane no-mistakes allowed timing, fuck that game.

Git gud :^)

Antibirth is ghey

No, (You)'re ghey.

I get the feeling he hates the people who played his games and wants to legit hurt them in some manner, hence this common death and punishment theme of his.

Magic skin is decent af. You've gotta commit to it though. It's a really well-balanced item.

Cleaver, OTOH, is a cool tech demo, but doesn't have much applicability.

Magic skin's also good if you're playing as The Lost since he can use it infinitely without the negative effects as long as you hold onto it. Same thing with Damocles.

The Binding of Isaac is the video game equivalent of fast food, addicting, easy for retards to enjoy but ultimately unsatisfying.

Not unlike your post quality.

I bet you felt smart while writing that.

oh man the fast food analogy
real fuckin original there buddy

Did it update yet?
Also

Actually, Afterbirth+ is (literally) the second half of Afterbirth that they didn't ship because they didn't finish. Incidentally Afterbirth + isn't even finished either because Delirium wasn't supposed to be a boss rush character that rips off amalgamates from undertale (yes really)