Obscure as fuck games that are widely known but rarely talked about

I don't really know what else to say other than the fact that this games comes across as a lot of fun, and I'm wondering why it is you rarely see it brought up in discussion.

How in the fuck is Comix Zone obscure?

what

What I was trying to ask in the title is why does no one ever talk about this (Or, why does no one seem to talk about this)? It's a fun title, but I cannot pinpoint down why. And the fact that it seems to get universal praise while lacking almost any discussion makes me wonder what this title thing is.

Because it was released over 20 years ago. Unless there is a remake (I hope not), there's not a lot to discuss 23 years later.

this game is bad

nani

git gud
You mean things that don't exist?

Do they not? I haven't actually played the game in 20-something years so my memory's fuzzy.
I'm pretty sure there isn't actually a route through the game that doesn't involve at least one death.

Obscure to the general public, widely known to the enthusiasts, yet rarely talked about.

Comix Zone had no one ups you fucking retard. You only get one chance to continue and that's if you manage to make it to the later levels. You basically have only one life to complete the game.

Good job proving that you never played the game before dumbass.

Did you perhaps mean Hidden Gems, OP?

Confusing thread. Would be better as obscure games that everyone knows about but nobody actually plays.

Stop projecting your shitter behavior on others m8
I beat the game with no deaths as a child.

Good game that should have spawned more similar titles. The best thing about the visuals was that they were made all in sprites simulating a comic book. This should have been used more in other games.

i never see anyone talking about kolibri which is arguably the greatest hummingbird based shooter on the 32x

the best thing about comix zone is the style, great visuals and really shows off what the genesis could do. It's far from a well designed game, it plays like eurojank.

I imagine Pen Pen Triathalon must have been one. Anyone with a Dreamcast has surely at least heard of it but no one ever talks about it.

I like racing games that involve something other than just driving a car around. Second pic also related.

confused_sharo_reads_book.png

Sure thing, I know like three of them off the top of my head, but I don't feel like sharing them until you grab me a glass of dry water first.

Mickey mouse castle of illusion
basically, it's Mickey Mouse Sonic

My mom always said that movie made her creeped out by Kevin Spacey. I though she was overreacting, but now…

What were you trying to accomplish with this thread? If a game is widely known, it's no longer obscure.

I think it's obvious even if he worded it poorly

I can only vaguely guess what OP wants, if it isn't dicks

Shits cash mang

Did it ever occur to you that no one talks about Comix Zone because a: It's actually a rather short game when take away the difficulty and b: It's just one game that never spawned a franchise, hence why everyone's probably talked all they can about this one title?

Try playing the game before b8ing, nigger.

It shows.

Take my (you) you filthy slut

Are you the same faggot who constantly enters each thread claiming Gunstar Heroes can't be cleared without taking damage despite no damage runs on YouTube clearly disproving that notion?

Did someone say Obscure games?

Ghotic

back to endchan nigger

What on earth are you talking about. Also comix zone is not obscure. Also it's talked about all the time in megadrive/genesis conversations.
What the fuck are you on mate?

speed runners show that it's quite possible to beat it without dying

I loved Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure. Hell, any of the old Apogee games.

I was wondering why nobody else made games like this since Comix Zone is good but far from perfect. Turns out SEGA actually patented the gameplay, preventing anybody else from doing games like that. The patent is for 'Videogame system for creating simulated comic book game '

Forgot the image

This meme needs to fucking die. A patent doesn't prevent a company from doing anything, it just means they have to pay out a license to do it. Also, that patent is irrelevant because Ubisoft did the whole "Simulated comic book" thing when they developed XIII.

I'm a retard and I stand corrected, please no bully