What's going on in Ukraine...

What's going on in Ukraine? I finally managed to understand the geopolitical mess in Syria and wanna learn about Ukraine too.

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ihor_Kolomoyskyi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_status_referendum,_2014#Polling
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you've ever played STALKER, apply the concept of the ingame zone into the whole Donetsk area.
It's more or less the same thing, only without anomalies or weird mutants.

Holla Forums tier analysis

I've played Metro 2033, is that close enough?

How much do you want to know?

You know what happend in 2014 right?

I follow the Ukraine civil war pretty close.

Maybe you should tell me what you know so far and I can fill you in.

They voted to be part of Russia.

Not denying that, but even if they hadn't Russia would have moved in to at least secure the naval base entirely
Crimea is simply too important for them to lose to an American backed government

Every damn time.

Okay yeah, Russia and the Novorussians are the good guys in this conflict.

Is that in the right order? Also, Russia helped the Ukrainian military? I don't understand this part.

Are you being retarded on purpose? You better not be.

Not really
And you should really play STALKER
Great game
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2eed5641306c936dabdd0e30ad87ababa3609b2c&dn=STALKER+Trilogy+%282007-2010%29+%28Multi3%29+RePack+By+R.G+Mechanic&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

They were happening at roughly the same time
And no, Russia helped the rebel forces, not the Ukies

I've heard many of the Ukrainian nationalist groups are pretty much Nazis

what's the current ukrainian government like, besides being US puppets?

They're also sucking the cocks of the EU neoliberal elite incredibly hard.

Azov and Right Sector are, which makes it all the more hilarious they bow to the US and have "jewish" donors

Poroshenko is an oligarch funded by the west, but the worst part is he is nazi sympathizer. The Pro-Russans have been pushing Anti-Nazi propaganda hard so Poroshenko banned Communist symbols and the Communist party of Ukraine when he came to power.

They have not gone full nazi yet, but they are letting the neo-nazis tear down Lenin statues and put up Bandera stautes. Ukraine is on a bad path with the leadership they have now.

How ironic that all my liberal-leftist acquaintances crucify whenever I suggest that this conflict may not actually be Evil Russia vs Good Ukraine.

Most of the Twitter left, including both the ML tankies and the Chapo/DSA socdems, is highly skeptical of the liberal narrative on Ukraine.

That's way too radical for most normies tho.

Ukraine is fucked.

If any """Leftist""" supports Ukraine in the conliftict they need to be shit.

Ukraine is going full Fash.
The Pro-Russians are at least trying to stop it.

People literally don't know anything about it except the Porky narrative the SocDem/Liberal media feeds them.

Well porky media says Russia is the Fash so thats how they get the western left to think that way.

If you like Putin or not. I never see Anti-Soviet shit like I see in Ukraine.

Those older men probably lived in the USSR. Touching.

wat
Oh, I see.

Novorussian Stalin will Gulag the Ukies.

Go to the wall fritz.

Ukraine used to be a part of russia, then it became separate and as a show of bro-hood russia gave it a bunch of land. Russia sucks as now and their pissed all of their slave countries don't like them anymore and want to be part of europe and not a slavic shithole, so Putin does a take-back claiming Crimea was once theirs so its always theirs and most people there speak russian anyways. No one wants to go to war with russia because they have nukes and no one in central europe really gave a fuck about some poor baltic country anyways so they just kinda let the russians have it. Now other baltic ex-russian influenced countries like Latvia and Estonia are paranoid russia will make a grab at them because the new POTUS is butt-buddies with Putin and will ignore anything russia does. Europe has spent decades with minimal military because they were friends with the US and could just get US citizens to die for whatever they wanted. Now they're afraid the US is with russia and won't come to their aid, especially as the UK and possibly France are leaving.

why are so many eastern europeans nazis guys

American imperialism against Russia.

I want to hold hands with Alunya ;__;

Angry, young, and relitively poor white males both larping as who's the more hardcore nazi, while simultaneously calling the other side fascist. It's also amusing to see Holla Forums fights amongst each other over which one is actually controlled by the Jews.

Capitalism crashed the eastern block with no survivors so young people who grew up in the wreckage and have little in the way of opportunities or ability to start a family, without moving to the west and working some shitty job there, easily adopt fascist views.

Russia spends the entire XIX and XX century filling those areas with russians. Those russian live in Ukraine but they only speak russian and they love Russia.

Then Ukraine has a revolution and the government that sucked Russia's cock is substituted with a government that sucks EU cock and wanst to cut ties with Russia.

Russians on crimea get mad and they refuse to be part of the new Ukraine.

The End

No you didn't.

Remind me why we don't have a SVR flag to complement the FBI seal again?

Russia is anti-imperialist, any power opposed to America is good. This does not include American proxies like jihadi organizations.

stop the war shill pls go

Anyone have the screencap of the guy with the tankie flag saying "It's not about defeating capitalism, it's about ending American hegemony."?

Yeah yeah, murder murder murder, we know.

We have been telling the world for 3 fucking decades now that all the nationalist and anti-communist "freedom fighters" in the former people's republics were more than a little nostalgic about Nazi occupation and more than a little fond of collaborators. Lo and be-fucking-hold.

You know things are fucked up when Russia's garden-variety imperialism makes them the good guys.

Fucking this. I tried explaining this to one of my liberal friends a while back, that the tragedy in the downfall of countries like the USSR is the fact that incredibly reactionary, anti-communist shills were at the forefront of bringing it down. It had little to do with "improving" the conditions of the people and just becoming a pro-capitalist, anti-com shit hole.

When liberals speak of "improving the conditons" of the people, their interest is their moral conditions, not their material conditions. Liberalism proposes to do so by granting the property-owning misleadership class the power to selectively starve and beat the people into compliance with their ridiculous delusions. Their approach to material conditions is basically prosperity theology. Do the Democratic Party and your friend's response make a bit more sense in that light?

kek

t. neoliberal

OP again

what's up with the separatist regions trying to make some kind of mini-soviet union? it seems interesting

It seems like Ukrainian nationalist vs Russian nationalist. The left doesn't have a horse in the race

they are

Well the Ukrainian Nationalists are a lot more anti communist.

Russia should just nuke and annex the whole country tbh

This tbh

Russian nationalists are not burning soviet flags and spreading anti communist propaganda.

the ukrainian nationalists are nazis, the russian ones aren't

Funfact!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ihor_Kolomoyskyi

4joo.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_status_referendum,_2014#Polling

What's wrong with shilling for Russia? The way I see it it is better to have another superpower to counter-balance the will of the US deep state and neo-cons.