Mabinogi private server

Sup, Holla Forums. An user in another thread brought to my attention that there's (finally) a Mabinogi private server up and running. The biggest draw for me is that the content is relatively far behind, meaning there's less clutter and gay shit, as well as no cash shop kikery. Server seems to have around 200-300 people online at peak hours if that's of any relevance.
Back when I played I never got very far in the main questlines but I remembering having a good time. I was wondering if any of you were interested in grouping up and maybe giving me pointers since I don't know what I'm doing.

The website is mabinogi.ir/

Mabinogi general, I suppose. Feel free to nostalgiafag and rant about how shit Nexon is.

Other urls found in this thread:

mabiproguide.wordpress.com/cp-gears/
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Metallurgy
mabinogi.ir/thread/172-frequently-asked-questions-from-mabipro-s-tech
mabinogi.ir/thread/1284-tutorial-modded-metallurgy-spots-to-show-name
disagreement.gg/2F3EEks
mabinogi.ir/thread/36-manual-patching-tutorial
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6900
mabiproguide.wordpress.com/
luminary.valofe.com/center/default.asp
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Metallurgy#Summary
mabiproguide.wordpress.com/resources/
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Glowing_Pot-Belly_Spider_Statue
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/index.php?title=Solo_Battle_Tactics&oldid=262885
ghostbin.com/paste/92e83
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Generation_1:_Advent_of_the_Goddess_(Pre-Genesis)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But can I, a Proud_Warrior_BR finally try the game or are they pulling a Nexon at us?

Oh shit, thanks for the heads up. I used to be pretty into it back in the day. Nice that they upped the rates too. I'll definitely check it out.

Rebirths are free, you get all the gacha shit for free or for ingame money I think and character customization has even more haircuts and colors than usual.
Servers are in NY or New Jersey I believe.

Sweet. Let me know if/when you make a character.

Oh, I just realized you meant whether they regionblock or not. That I do not know, but I doubt it.

I made a character named chadwardenn. The text is really small but I think it's because it's using Korean files. I also couldn't get my normal non-f-key hotbar to show up. Hotkeys 2-9 seems to work though.

If your text is blurry you're meant to enable anti-aliasing according to the FAQ. The UI is pretty small for me too though. I'll log on tomorrow and add you to friends, name is Manco.

Madea

happy late valentines

I really wish they would have made mabi 2 with more useful life skills. There's something so appealing of doing mundane shit and ignoring combat till you need it. The only thing that came close to it was wurm.
Making a camp fire, cooking, farming, tailoring made the game feel more fleshed out even though when it first came out it was bare bones

windmill rank 1 ASAP
as you rank up your skills and accumulate rebirths/levels, your CP will grow to the point where you need to deck yourself out in gear that reduces your CP to reasonably train your windmill skill.

Downloading the client now. I can't believe there's finally a Mabinogi private server. You've made my day OP. You're not a faggot for the time being.

good. those jobs were only good for holy water.

Mabinogi 2 looked really good from the one gameplay video I saw of it. A fucking shame Nexon canned it in favor of Maplestory 2.

What's CP meant to be in this case? Can't find shit under the stats screen.

Hey, just spreading the love.

It's short for Combat Power, if I'm not mistaken. It's a hidden value, and you can only know what you compare to when you highlight mob names
[boss]red bear
[very strong]red bear
[strong]red bear
red bear
[weak]red bear
[very weak]red bear
that tells you how your CP compares to what you're about to attack.

not even with a stolen…mouse

Charls wouldn't be caught dead playing this crapp

do I make a Schierke? I wanted to doolweeld, but they have this hairstyle.

They've even got samus! What's a nigger to do?

Mabinogi was fun at first when you're learning their vastly superior combat system but before long you're left with playing an autismal mega-grinder that'll suck up years, just to grind all your skills and shit. I played back in G1.

The boosted exp and gold drops are much needed tbh,

Some skills raise your combat power more than others as they advance. Back in my day you were required to follow an autismal build avoiding anything that raises your combat power so that you can grind out skills like Windmill early on because if you leave it for later you're proper fucked when you're looking for foes above your combat power.

I wasn't into autism when this game only had g1-g3. Judging by the moongate clock on their website, they have Tara, and booting up the client showed that they are into the Shakespeare stuff, which means I know they have alchemy, which was when I last played. Do you still have to autistically avoid certain builds just to ground out windmill at this stage in the game?

Whatever you want, buddy.
I kinda wanna make this guy an archer, but I figure I might reroll once I get my elf assist card.

is that final hit? I don't remember that icon.

Some guy on the forums wrote a small wiki of server related stuff and a few guides. Apparently there's CP reduction gear if that helps.
mabiproguide.wordpress.com/cp-gears/

Assault slash. Have yet to use it.

A while ago Holla Forums had a guild on the official mabinogi. Are those fags still playing that or did the guild die?

I'm sure it died due to people having to start new character on a different server. It had like maybe 6 people and no threads after.

If you're gonna play Mabinogi I'd just grind Windmill asap if I were you. Then you won't need to give fucks.

I'm pretty sure some of the people that ended up switching server didn't mind restarting on a new character. I didn't play very long with them though but it was good times.
I'm downloading this now and see how things go from there.

Send friend requests to Aristrea. Maybe we can get a guild going and with a few alliances, we can tackle Peaca dungeon never ever

wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Metallurgy
tuco, read this stuff. check out that map for locations

There ain't shit here, fam. No sparkly spots.

That's odd. Try getting closer to the shore. There should be sparkles all up and down that shore, and the shore just southwest of there on the other side of those rocks. I used to dig up ore chunks there all the time back in the day.

I even get the message telling me I'm in the right spot. There's nothing there though.
Also the server just booted me.

I just had a graphical glitch in a dungeon. It said I used a key to open a door, but the door was still closed. I could still go through. Try using the metallurgy skill in a bunch of random spots to see if you can't get anything.
If nothing else, we can go into barri dungeon with some pickaxes to get some ore oldschool-style.

oww shieet niggas that's kewl

I did a couple of times but no dice. I'm considering just playing my human anyway since I didn't know elves can't do the G1 through 3 quests and I've never finished them. Server is at G13 I believe and they only added the quests for giants and elves with G16.
I can't reconnect right now due to what I'm guessing are server issues. Gonna spend a few hours working, I might hop on later again.

Nice, I'll probably get on sometime this weekend, if anything to remember the difference from recent versions.

You character looks displeased with this.

I don't know fam. The girls don't look cute enough to draw my attention. I need some real moe shit if you know what I'm saying.

Have you considered ending your life?

My character is perpetually displeased, because he still remembers what Nexon did to this game.

Someone should make a guild as soon as possible. What are the requirements to make one anyways?

In jew-mabi, it was having their freemium service and plopping a node down somewhere.

daily reminder that anyone who plays as an elf is a subhuman servant to the GANGSTER COMPUTER GOD and will be executed on sight.
Giant Pride World Wide.

I can't fucking run it, it crashes right after character creation

mabinogi.ir/thread/172-frequently-asked-questions-from-mabipro-s-tech
See if any of these help.

This might be relevant to your interests.
mabinogi.ir/thread/1284-tutorial-modded-metallurgy-spots-to-show-name

My absolute niggas.

Bookmarked. I'll give it at try if I ever wanna do something with refinement or if I start playing my knife ear again. Thanks for finding this.

I might give it a shot myself tomorrow if I can be bothered.

Actually, what the fug. I just logged back in to deposit some items and now the sparkles show up. No idea why.

listen you subhuman elf, if you weren't so busy sucking dicks and worshipping your gangster computer god, you would know that they're hotspots to collect ore for metallurgy.

The magic of private servers hard at work

Isn't this that one shit gook hotkey mmo where you had to buy facial expressions for hideous early-PS1 tier character models? What makes this game not dog vomit, sell me on it Holla Forumsee.

That's why I went there in the first place, chief. The effect wasn't visible before I logged back in.

Hey, at least it's not completely busted like I thought.

Why? Nobody cares if you like anything or not.
Maybe posit your question in a way where you don't sound like a humongous nigger and someone'd oblige.
Long story short, without the judaism, it's probably the best MMO for pretty much anything related to actual MMO functions out at the moment, and has been for a good decade.

it's free, so you're not losing anything but your time.

I've never played Maginogi, but this sounds great without Nexon jewry. I'm downloading the client now. I hope to play with you lads soon.

nice quads fuhrer

Awww yeah, this is gonna be good. Downloading the client now. We gotta get a guild going.

There are no skills for unarmed. If I can't punch things than what's the point?

I don't know if this server has fightan skills, but if it does, get somoe fightan knuckles and become fightan man

Close combat doesn't require a weapon. You're perfectly capable of doing most if not all of it with just your fists, plus knuckles.

fuckin ace

fightan skills are great, you can do backslips, punch your enemy to the ground and pray to recover health and stamina.

counter and windmill should also work with knuckles.

That's not exactly right. There are no classes, just skills you can invest limited AP into. In theory, you can level up and get by on life skills alone, but no one is that autistic.
Just get some knuckles from a weapon shop.

amazing

Oh so you have a weapon that you just roll with.
as long as I can punch, i'm satisfied. Barefisted or Knuckle equipment.

I'm at work right now and want to start a hatechan guild. With a low number server we should be able to build a name for ourselves rather quickly and grind in large groups. Putting it near Dunbarton so it not a pain in the ass to find.

Barefisted does no damage, but there are knuckles. I don't think the martial arts skills are in the game yet, though.

See that's just it. I've known about this server for some months, and in the forums they have talked about how the fighter skills were OP on official servers so they may not even implement them.

I'm gonna get the installer up and running right now

o-oh

You're making the guild, then?

almost grandmaster puncher on the nexon jew servers here. I have everything but the recovery skill at rank 1 so here's my two cents on it

I forgot about the counter punch skill
only caveat is that you have to do a side quest to get it

didn't they also add shit for the inevitable ninjafags? I'd be fine if this server never implemented all that nonsense.

this brings back memories

I made a giant waifu. I wasn't going for the Vivian look, but the game gave me green and purple clothes so I guess that's what I get.

I miss bullying nerds and elves

Fuck you too, game.

man, I got 40k, but I need 4 more nigs to get the ball rolling, and I'm so sleepy. Can I get 4 of you in dunbarton in the next 5 mins, or will we get our guild later?

I can try and run there

Running there from Tir right now.

nope, brb killing myself

what should the name be?

Whoa nelly. What is that adorable creature on the right in that picture? Can I play as that, or something very similar?

Pretty cool, im gonna download this and make a human or giant. Not sure if il go grind cooking again or go for sewing this time. I used to be the food chef for the old Holla Forums guild before i lost interest at some point and the freemium shit disnt helped

it's 10yo who spent $50-$100 in NX
when you make your character, you can select an age from 10-17, and your birthday is every sunday. When you rebirth, you can select any age lower than your current age.

the old Holla Forums mabi guild is still around, I can post their disagreement here to help get a boost to your guild.

in Mabi you can be the little girl. you age once a week but can rebirth to be 10 forever.

My interest in this game just leaped by 10 billion percent. What is the rebirth mechanic? If I want to stay the loli, will I need to deal with some intensely annoying bullshit grind through this rebirthing thing?

back on nexon's servers, it was a free rebirth every 3 birthdays. not sure what it's like on this server, but if this is the same, you can be 10-13 forever.

I don't know about the private servver, but in main mabi you could rebirth once a day until you're accumulative level is 1000, then it's once a week.

rebirth sets you back to level 1 so you can regrind all over again for AP points since your actual level doesn't matter, it's your skills that matter

I see. That doesn't sound half bad. If level doesn't matter, then what is the point in rebirthing to increase your accumulative total?

Also, does the game wine well?

disagreement.gg/2F3EEks old guild's disagreement

when you level up, you gain AP, you use AP to increase your skills which permanently increase your stats.
don't know what to tell you there.

One more person to make the guild!

I'll hop on, gimme a minute to ride to Dunbarton.

Il be on, once im off from wage-slaving.
It'd be nice to see old faces from the older guild. Is there any active life-skills the guild could use?

I'll get on after wage slaving.

Hopefully it'll only be the half-hour they promised.

We made the guild! Its named Smug. Currently we're at a member cap but we should be able to expand it soon when the game comes up from maintenance.
A dumb question. How do you obtain pets in this game? Is there a cash shop stand in? I've seen mentions of red coins but I have no idea how the system works.

All of us are pretty new so nothing is established. It's really up to you what you want to do I guess.

You trade red coins with that Shayla (I think that's what she's called) NPC for pets and other cash shop shit. Any monster drops red coins as far as I'm aware, I got some off spiders.

A bunch of old redchannit fags are getting their undying, stale bones in order here, expect a minor population boost when it goes live again.

Servers are back up.

Thanks! That's nice to know.

I'm at work for the next hour and a half. It's open game.

thanks jewgle drive
i've never played mabinogi before, so i'm really excited about learning everything in the game.

fug

Trying to run it on a VM, but the fucking client/launcher refuses to play ball. I already tried manually updating it, deleting the patch files to prompt it to redownload them, and reinstalling also did nothing.

Am I overlooking something simple? Am I gonna make it?

It doesn't download the patch files, it extracts them from the launcher you dingus. You think a private server has a dedicated streaming patcher? No.

Right, and if you had an elementary reading comprehension, you would realize I already tried manually patching it. AKA unzipping the patch and sticking it where it needs to go.

It doesn't work. The launcher still returns the exact same error. Also it does download the patch, you fucking retard.

That's not how that statement works
Regardless, you're in uncharted territory and are giving no fucking details. For people running the executable it works out of the fucking box.

>mabinogi.ir/thread/36-manual-patching-tutorial

You are too stupid for this conversation. Please stop.

Look man, you asked for help and I opined and held fucking queries. Why are you running this as a VM anyway? I assume you're a linuxfag, in which case you'd have better luck dualbooting or doing GPU passthrough shit. Secondarily, for people without this god damn problem, they're not going to google the same tutorials you do, especially when it clearly isn't helping. Are you attempting to launch it while the server is down? Are you blocking the VMs access to the internet? Is the program itself firewalled? Frankly, I'm the only person here trying to help and all you seem to be doing is spitting on me.

Are you sure you deleted the proper patch files?When I had that same issue, I had to delete all with "xxx_to_xxx" and then running the client again seemed to automatically acquire the proper files. If you still can't figure it out, try asking for help on the server's disagreement; it's kinda slow at times but they're helpful

o-ok

I will come to help you. You're still in tir chonail, right? I haven't slept in like 35 hours but I will do things and explain the game as best I can.

you can get berries by hitting the bushes near shit in tir chonail I'm pretty sure. That might also have changed, I dunno, the private server has a lot of new shit to get used to.

just hit a gosh darn tree or something

Yeah, I punched a couple of trees just minutes later and suddenly I had a surplus. It was still kinda confusing.

Thanks for the assistance. I have figured out the launcher issue. Now the game is crashing on startup 100%. Don't even get any kind of screen. Gonna hit the forums and see what I can find.

Can anyone who's a part of the guild post where the guild stone is? Me and a few others are probably interested in joining

fucking kill yourself and die

IM SORRY

No space in the guild right now, max like 5 people until the slots are upgraded.
Smug, the current living guild will probably get more slots, or the recent mabinogi Holla Forums guild named redchannit will appear and eat people. Both of which I',m syure are in this thread.

We're 3 GP short of having 5 more members, so that should be soon. Whoever hasn't donated yet should do so.

I'm pretty sure our guild leader needs to be on to upgrade, and he just went to sleep. RIP.

Alrighty, I've never played this but I'm joining you guys.
What is this pet card I have whnen creating a character, should I also create a random pet?

You might have to fuck around with your WINE settings a bunch. The appdb is very hit or miss (sporadic garbage and gold ratings), but all the tests are old as fuck. The overall verdict is that it probably runs great on WINE… once you've figured out what the right config is. Using winetricks would probably help.

appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6900

You could just get a horse I think. Flying pets either aren't in yet or come later. A pet is good in general anyway because it really ups your speed.

you casualfags were the worst on ijji

tragic
I guess I'll grind rundal a few times for stiff tail caps for newfriends in the meantime. I also have loads of extra kite shields for anyone who wants to sword n board instead of dual wield; add Limbledon if you're interested. It'll save you 70k or so.

Yup, just noticed it was actually a card for a certain horse specifically.

That's fine, he can do it tomorrow. Most people are still doing the first few quests and nobody has organized an actual party so far.
I got up to the Tarlach pendant quest, if anyone wants to do the RP dungeon tomorrow. I'm gonna head to bed for now too. I hope we can do some dungeon runs soonish.

The pet card is specifically for a horse, but yes, create one. It's really good to travel long distances. If you've never played, most people will probably tell you to focus on upgrading windmill and nothing else for the time being.
mabiproguide.wordpress.com/
A guy on the forums wrote a few guides on things that are good pointers. Give it a look.

Flying pets are in, I think. The cash shop replacement NPC sells them if I saw right.

Holy shit, that game. I remembered it a few weeks ago but completely forgot its name. All I remember was that the servers were completely empty when I played it.

As a side note on grinding up windmill, a patch soon should allow you to remove Blaze from your beginner skills, lowering your early game Combat Power and making it a LOT easier to grind Windmill; It's a good idea to rank up the skill early, but once you hit rank 5, feel free to take a break and try out all the other skills you're missing. Personally, I can't stand the dedicated WM grind at all, and r5 is almost identical as a defense tool at r5 vs. r1 since range is increased, but cooldown isn't changed, and it's still spammable.

luminary.valofe.com/center/default.asp

Can't you already reset your skills at Duncan? But yeah, that's great news. I also never liked the WM grind since it kinda puts a damper on your build early on.

Blaze adds an insane 140 cp at rank F; on one hand, the server giving you a few ranks helps because you get a lot of AP for resetting it, but it's basically alone worth as much as all your other starter skills combined. The upcoming change will let you literally remove the skill, so it'll help a lot.

Ballin'. I hope they drop that patch soon.

that mmo was the sht, thinking about how I'll never be able to play it again makes me genuinely sad.

I played this private server a bit about a year ago, I guess I'll reinstall it.

You can still play it on nip servers with a vpn and common sense. As much as I want a private server too, not sure there will be enough players on it

So who made the guild?

YOUR MOM MADE THE GUILD
LMFAO PWND #REKT

People are really recommending using windmill and leveling it early on…
Why is that?
Should I still worry about it even if I plan on making a ranged fighter?

Not only windmill is useful when dealing with crows of mobs attacking you, it's spammable, can be used as a defense skill and it's leveling requirements are more annoying than most other skills. Depending on your combat power stat, you can have it easy leveling this skill or you can tear your hair out with bullshit mobs simply because the skill wants you to attack "Boss-level enemies" or "Strong Enemies"

Not only attack, but land a killing blow as well.

Level it up early before you see mobs as very weak. You have to kill a ton of strong and boss mobs to be able to level it up. rank 4-1 is what takes the most to grind out. Just look at what it takes without 2x exp

I was the naked shota in
Hows the P2W bullshit in the private server, if at all?
Will probably redownload soon

no p2w or pay at all it seems.

For some reason, my antivirus is going batshit crazy whenever the file pleione.dll is involved for some reason because it considers it a suspicious variant of win32/packed.themida, anyone else had this problem? I can get on the game fine otherwise.

I don't think there is any p2w. You can buy some nx stuff from a NPC with coins that drop from mobs.

Welp.
Alt+tabbed then the thing just crashed.
It's failing to run now.

Can't start the game now despite having finished my character, I got some gook error box instead.

How am I supposed to do this Repair Quest if there's no Durability degradation?

Good news, chinks! The guild has been upgraded thanks to all hard work. We can now accept five more members. The stone rests high up on a hill behind the Dunbarton moon gate, if you want to join. Next upgrade is at 4000GP and 50000 gold. Stay smug.

How'd you get that far? After I gave Duncan the lost earring, I haven't gotten another G1 quest.

the delay between quests is variable, sometimes some people have to wait longer than others to get the next stage

I just restarted the PC and it just worked again.

How do I change what quest the map guides me to?

the map guides you to all quests at once, but if you have the quest page open, it'll be highlighted

Just started, IGN is Propainwaifu and i'm in the starter town.

Well, add "Pironi", if there's enough space.

add me goyim

I'd like to join. Petergin

Is commerce not a thing on here?

commerce is g15 and mabipro only goes up to g13

Anyone in the guild can accept applications or only the leader can?

I just wanted to be a traveling merchant

Never had a chance to try this shit ass game back in the day due to my old computer being shit. Is this game any good or something ?

The Toady emote is basically the happy merchant.

OOOOOYYYY VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

They have golden/platinum hammers in the private server? Use one if you can get it.

For anyone wondering about this, it does work and makes the sparkly spots much easier to see

this is the game god intended

I don't think I actually got the quest for it, but I think Duncan tells you to give the bear a mana herb and the bear gave me the keyword in turn. Then I went to get the pendant fine. No idea if this is normal/intended.

just posting for when someone can accept

Where is she at?

Am I doing something wrong or how come no upgrades show up? Not a single item I have has any upgrades available despite this faggot giving me a quest to do so.

NPC's name is Shyla, she's in pretty much every town somewhere

rev up those smugs

I don't really get why it says we have more members than allowed, but maybe I can accept you all before we can upgrade the guild. If not, I'll start with the names posted ITT.

each weapon can only be upgraded by certain NPCs, and only if you have enough proficiency accumulated on the weapon, along with other prereqs.
if you search for the weapon in the mabi wiki, you can find out who provides which upgrades. even some upgrades are unique to certain NPCs that can even upgrade your weapons.

It's a claymore. But the weapon is not the problem, I have to upgrade something specifically with Taunes for a quest, and apparently he doesn't do any of the equips I have. What does he upgrade? The wiki doesn't mention it.

Also how many shekels do you need for guild upgrade? I'm not in yet but I can donate some

Just going through some of the items he sells, the great sword and vales great sword can both be upgraded by him with only just 6 proficiency, and the battle hammer and great mallet only need 5 proficiency for the first upgrade.

as for the guild, we currently have 27000/50000g and 57/4000GP needed for the next upgrade. The "five" that are currently the only ones need to really haul ass for that GP that's holding us back.

I'd recommend doing it just to get it fucking over with, really. R1 windmill means you're done and will never care again, and a bigger radius is nothing to scoff at (esp. on an AoE skill). Windmill is a strong ability.

That's because there's no fucking point installing it through Steam. If anything it just makes it more annoying to run Mabinogi.

Thanks. Shame he doesn't do knuckles or 2 handers.

Right, forgot about the GP.

aaaaa windmill grinding
AAAAAAAAAAAA

what the fug

is that Nao?

Looks like it. I have no idea why she's on the moon.

add me Madea

I think I passed by you in the town and down by the beach.

The guild system is fucked. The guild says we have 17 members with a maximum of 10, so even though we only have 5, clicking accept on a request only gives the reply of guild being at max capacity. The only hope, other than waiting for server managers to unfuck it, is to upgrade the guild so the max is the larger number.
To the other guys currently in the guild, Eavan in Dunbarton sells guild quests, which reward GP when completed. We need to coordinate a few of these to reach the 4000GP needed for the next upgrade.

Wait the applications are counted as members?
Can applications be removed or the system changed to private?

Yeah, I'm doing the elf quests and some metallurgy when I get the opportunity. Were you the guy on the horse?

Indeed. Shit's taking forever because all the quest spots are out in the desert.

Yeah, it's a bit of a slog. Lemme know if you gotta go into the dungeon, I got a quest for that.

So I liked Season 1 vindictus enough, so I think I'll jump on the original to see how I like it. Anything I should know jumping in?

Grind windmill until you die

This, and if you get the elf card because you want to be archerfag, your priority is the Refining skill.
Of course, if you just want comf, you can disregard all advice and play however you like.

I see shyla but I don't see any character cards in the menu she has, or is it only once character per account?

Should you upgrade metallurgy at all? I've been trying to get iron ore fragments but mostly fail the gathering. Is it better to just go to Bangor?

Grind windmill before you grind anything else, or your combat power will be too high to make grinding Windmill workable later. Avoid skilling your other skills before you finish grinding windmill. Your combat power determines which mobs are challenging/boss/weak/etc. relative to you, which makes a giant fucking difference when windmill wants you to grind boss enemies and shit.

You can go to bangor, but the ores there are 2x2, which means you will be doing a lot more to and fro to train refining. R1 metallurgy gives you a total of 11 dex. I don't know how significant that is when getting refining to R1.
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Metallurgy#Summary
This table gives more info on how far you want to rank it up.

They finished Mabinogi 2, its Vindictus. You know that game that doesn't share fucking anything but a few story elements but is apparently the prequel.

Keep trying user. Last time I had trouble with it literally just restarting my computer fixed it, try that. Or a re install of it.

The dungeon you mine at is right next to the town though, right? The problem I have with metallurgy is that I constantly gotta trek across the desert to the elf town to refine.

No, they were literally working on Mabinogi 2 and it got canned. It looked like a mixture between Mabinogi and Vindictus. Vid related.

yeah, the entrance is right within the town.

Play with me, user. We can grind windmill together.

the guild is perpetually full because of the applications and someone fucked up somewhere
just find people's names from the guild home and add them there

Alright. I feel like farming the bangor dungeon for ores is gonna be significantly faster, so I'll give that a try when I get the chance.
Also I'm probably further with this character than I was with my human. I progressed through the falcon quest a little and gotta do Karu dungeon next. I have no idea how difficult that's gonna be.

Oh, if you're a human, if you do the G1 quest line, you can eventually get to tir na nog, which has zombies that move super slow and gather in numbers. Unless the Blaze skill fucked it up, their CP should be high enough that you can get to R1 WM on them.

You can de-rank blaze now I think, just need to talk to duncan. I deranked everything and am getting to a windmill at wolves

Well fuck I disconected in middle of the dungeon and cant reconect.
Sorry to who was in a party with me.

How the fuck can i enter a dungeon? I'm dropping the pass at it says then go to the old door but nothing happens.

It just ranks everything to F, right? I got a shitload of spare AP now.

Blaze at rank F still has 140 CP, 160 at rank E for comparison. To further compare; windmill has 120 CP at rank 7

What pass are you using to enter the dungeon?

What kind of grind levels did this game have originally? Like Lineage 2 or like WoW Classic? That x2 is bothering me, because I like at least some grind like in WoW

Nevermind. I've been using the Alby Pass but i just used Ronald's Pass and it worked.

If I remember correctly, you have to do some god awful collection of macguffins to run a very challenging dungeon. The guild I used to run with had a stash of these macguffins for the elves and giants on their tranny quest, and we had to form a full party of some of the stronger members just to blast through that dungeon so they could get me falcon.

You just DC'd in the game, try logging in now. Anyone want to do some party quests in Ciar? Killing gobbos for decent dosh.
Does anyone know where you get the beast/falcon quests from? I looked on the wiki, it said I would get it from an owl at level 5, but I'm level 28 and nothing has happened.

Beyond awful grind. The x2 is fine. Hell, it might even be a bit too little.

mabiproguide.wordpress.com/resources/
This link has a lot of neat downloads. I'm really digging the Astral Patcher because it allows you to see your exact CP and those of enemies as well.

Which macguffins are you talking about? The sketches?

>mfw I think of the potential bans

I think they were parts of a stone animal you have to collect to form the full animal to serve as the altar offering at one of the dungeons.

Oh yeah, I just read up on it. Apparently this one is the easiest one to put together and also results in the easiest dungeon.
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Glowing_Pot-Belly_Spider_Statue
No idea where you find these things though.

Iria forest dungeon, you have to kill each boss and gather each item and drop them all to get different glowing parts from different minorly glowing bosses, grab all their glowy bits, combine them, and have a chance to (not even a good chance) to get a page for ice spear, which you could've gotten with adventurer seals. Shit dungeon, shit existence.

Oi, Smug leader upgrade your stone. The guilds full

They can't, needs more geepee.

Rather than suffer with just 5 guildies, you could try refusing enough applications to fit 10 in the meantime, then accept the rest. Getting people in while they're low level is good, so you get extra levelup GP.

Good plan. Going to try it.

It worked. Here's the current roster. If you see your name here, don't forget to go to the stone and convert your GP before you log out. We need that 4000.

As a general tip to anyone who hasn't created a character yet, use your first card to make a human. Once you do that, you can get a single extra elf AND giant card each, and at the very least, the extra bank space from the two others is useful. If you create an elf or a giant character with your card, you can't make any alts. This isn't the worst fate since we have free pets and bags to make up for the bank space, but it is something to keep in mind. If you're one of the people who wants to get a elf/giant character card, ask to be taxi'd to their towns in Iria by another player; someone's bound to help you out.

It doesn't look like it put me in the guild. Either bugged or the server hasn't quite caught up. The name shows up, though.

How do i get out of the sheep hell? Is there a way to teleport back to the town or something like that?

I had this problem too. I had a red wing of the goddess in my inventory so I used that to teleport back to town

when this happened, I changed channels, which functions almost like a re-login. It works even though there's only one channel.

Just relog or change channels, like said. It should update.

I did, no dice.

try closing your client before spending your wing of the goddess. if that doesn't work, just use your wing.

Shit, where are the servers located? I always wanted to play Mabinogi but never been able to due to latency.

please let me in

servers are located near new york somewhere, not sure on exact location, but even on the west coast I get better ping than live mabi

until the current guild people get the GP necessary to rank up, they're locked at 10 people. It'll take at least a few days, I think, so in the meantime just send friend requests to the people ITT, and in the screenshot on

What's the gameplay like?

it says it's at 9 members so i figured i could join. application went through anyways

So quick warning: Cinematics are bugged as fuck. It crashed every time I tried to skip them, and now the giant spider introduction one is just always crashing me.

A question for the veteran user(s). I'm grinding metallurgy and production mastery right now, so I have the materials to upgrade refinement later. I'm not sure exactly how many ores I need, though.
Some guy suggested I reset once I reach R1 in metallurgy, but he wasn't quite clear why. If you reset at Duncan, can you upgrade skills without having to train them again? Or do I just fill my entire inventory with ores so I can safely upgrade refinement to R1 later?

That might be a Win 10 issue. I believe the FAQ on the website/forum has a fix for that.

Not interested

Thanks for contributing to the thread in a productive manner.

your training remains even if you reset

well, what else is there to be said even? I like a lot of the more recent classes added like the puppeter or fighter and I'm personally biased towards Merlin simply because his existence alone makes it possible to mix fighter with magic. My problem with servers that choose to remain years behind in content is that they always choose to wear nostalgia goggles and trash anything new

Yes, after you reset, you simply get all the AP back and can freely invest it all the way back to r1. The only thing you lose is the in-progress training, if you're halfway to your next rank for instance.
Chances are you'll have to come back to metallurgy to get more ores even if you stockpile loads tbh, but if you really wanna try to calculate a rough estimate, go to the wiki page for refining, set the date close to March 2011, and check out the training requirements. Remember that everything's effectively halfed.

I'm getting this error way too often, what the hell can I do about pic related?

fighter was cool but its existence as a combo based, super-fast loading and stunlocking monster was a prequel to the genesis update, which made most of the gameplay extremely shallow, especially for melee players. Cooldowns instead of load times made most monsters an absolute joke to fight, even with multiaggro. It's kinda the beginning of the end, and genesis why dungeons on live mabi now have health sponge monsters out the ass to compensate for their AI being tuned to this old combat system. I agree that some servers has nostalgia goggles, but I think pre-genesis has a definite appeal that just can't be met with live mabi.

It's also pretty notable that the devs on this server have semi-regular content polls (4 within this first year of activity) where they let the community vote for QoL changes and what sort of content they wanna filter into the game. The most recent poll had a successful vote over changing the training requirements on Refinement to not be so reliant on failures; this is pretty good proof that they're willing to change things that are too clunky for most veterans.

Fantastic, that'll make my life a lot easier. I'm not sure how to calculate it but I'm glad I can just go back to sieving shit without worrying about losing progress.

remember to do the first quest of the shakespeare questline to get a free light leather mail at the end of alby dungeon

Made a webm of some basic combat for people wondering what it's like. The attacks at the start are icebolts

maaaaan you left out the best functionality

What's n+?

don't forget that you can chain the dual swords basic attack out for another two hits if you wait a little bit after the first two

oh
Well it's charging an ice-bolt or some other ranged attack mid animation for the counter, so you can get two bolt charges off before the animation is over and stun-lock, counter again, then charge another two bolts during the next animation.

Oh shit, thanks for that. Sounds pretty OP

If you guys set up a steam group or a dis cord server to talk in, might be nice.

There is the latter, but it was for 8vee's actual mabi guild that wasn't smug, being redchannit, when there wasn't enough room at the time for fags to join when they were making it.

for all the combat talk, the wiki page on tactics actually covers a lot
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/index.php?title=Solo_Battle_Tactics&oldid=262885
For some more detail on n+1, which is what mentioned, you can lengthen any melee combo on weapons with 2 or more natural hits (you can see this number if you mouse over the weapon in your inventory) by at LEAST one hit if you delay your followup strikes. If you have good connection, good timing, and a fast or very fast weapon (Again, mouse over the weapon to check), you can extend the melee combo by 2 hits, but try to focus on +1 to begin with. Tactics that start with "n+" generally refer to delaying your "normal" combo so it's extended and allows for a followup, such as delaying out attacks til you get to your normal combo length and then finishing with windmill.
As a sidenote, anyone on MabiPro can use the live wiki, but if you do, make sure you use the history button to go back to a time around March 2011, where the data will be most consistent. Since this server is based off a leaked JPN test server, there might be some changes, but most quest instructions and skill training should be correct.

Dayum. Too bad they were all locked.

I bet half of those would spawn monsters even if you had the keys to them

That's part of the fun, I'd imagine.

I just found this place too, weird.

I just used a scroll to summon a boss if any of you fags are interested

I'd play this but no fucking way in hell am I doing Dan 3 blacksmithing again.

Slowly getting to rank 3 windmill at the Tara Alchemist shadow mission.

godspeed, i gave up after hitting 3 even with 4x training from warrior destiny after my first rebirth
Maybe i’ll get to it some day when i have boatloads of -cp gear

Yeah, it's a real pain in the ass. I'm only doing it right now because it was about halfway done when I logged back in to join the thread. After I hit rank 3, I'll probably wait until blaze is removed before I train it more.

Shieeeet. I guess I misunderstood something. Oh well, I got like 19k xp from it. So where can I get a mount? I remember in the Nexon version I had a horse and a gryphon type mount.

If I remember correctly, you just have to use the pet card on the character select to make a horse. If you want any other pets, you need red coins.

Fuck I should have figured that's what the card was. Thanks

Is there some way to stack arrow quivers?

No, but you can buy a 1000 arrow stack from Shyla for gold coins.

I dunno if this was ever resolved but I'd decline requests down to 10 total then accept those remaining 5 or whatever.

That'll definitely come in handy, thanks.

Here's my haul after a day at the beach. I think I'll try refining tomorrow to clear up my inventory a little. Also, I think the blue ores are needed for an archery skill quest, so if any of you need them let me know. I'll hang onto them.

Hey nerds who feels like hunting some goblins for fun and profit?
I'll be sitting in Ciar with the party up till I get like 4 people.

I'll come in a bit. I gotta do some laundry first.

jeeze i only made it to g10's release.
this is mighty tempting i hope the server survives long enough for me to work up the motivation to play.
2x exp is still going to be super slow for grinding up enchanting, but at least it's mindless.

I didn't see anyone at Ciar, so I'll be doing part time jobs in Tir while waiting.

We're back, wnet in with 2
Sitting out for another few minutes

Alright, walking over from tir, then.

Is it just me, or is half the gameplay just struggling with controls? I don't think I've ever seen anything worse than this

Are you moving around with WASD or mouse clicks? This game wasn't really meant to be used with WASD.

enjoy your chinese botnet

Just started playing, why the hell is the dialog alternate between different moonrunes?

They are using the jp client and translating it which also means that you'll see some of the original npcs before they got BLACKED

for people too lazy to set up a mumble.
i understand its use as someone who has complete trash for internet, but americans in general can host mumble with no issues.

how hard is it to set up a mumble?

did someone want a referral?

easy if you own your router or have an isp router that you can open ports on.
the main block for some people is nat.

You can rebirth every two weeks, so even if you don’t wanna play yet, I’d suggest making the character. This is especially important because you can choose a destiny after your first rebirth, and the double from that stacks with the natural double on the server. 4x magic training is a helluva drug

Jesus, I don't remember this nigga being so tough.

i should be good for combat skills, is there a way to set the game to windowed (or better borderless) or will i have to do that with an ogl shell.

disregard i might be retarded

Anyone wants to run Intermediate Ciar? I have a pass for 2. I also bought the quest for killing Golem.

We'd probably have a difficult, if not impossible time doing it, especially with two people at this level.

What a waste then. My ticket is expiring in 4 hours and i'm getting sleepy.

The Other Alchemist?

yeah, as a protip to anyone else who might be tricked by pass names, “basic” is a good deal harder than just dropping an item on the altar, and the higher difficulties are reflective of that. Stick to normal dungeons until you’re pretty confident in your skillset and ranks.

but basic has a better boss and better chest, it should be obvious that dropping a boss chest drop on the altar is harder

I tried both. WASD is wrong in every way possible and mouse has way too many actions bound to it: camera rotation, targeting, movement; what is this, some fucking console port? It came out between Lineage 2 and WoW, yet it feels like some early 3D videogame prototype when people had no clue how to do proper controls. Wait, scratch that, first 3D games already had better controls. Yes, I'm mad

If you hold down CTRL, it aids with targeting, in case you didn't know. I can't remember if the game actually teaches that.

I toggled it by accident, but haven't used it. Don't reply to me, not going to play it, way too many issues besides targeting

Yeah, that mission is fairly nice for windmill training.

what level did you decide to do it at. I'm at 20 with WM ranked 9 and I barely got to the second floor before I had to revive in town.

I'm around level 27-29. Don't go in expecting to finish the mission, the boss is impossible at these levels. Just use it for training.

I say we should all add each other on friends list for the time being while the guild works on unlocking extra member slots. I'm up for dungeon runs or shadow missions. Also something I didn't knew until yesterday is the visual chat function meaning you can draw something and post it on the chat ingame or use a converted image from a website and use it in your shitpost.
IGN: Propainwaifu

If your game is crashing at startup (or if you're just getting 0xc0000005/0xc0000142), the best way to fix this issue is to either use default.reg that can be found in the client's dir (this resets the in-game settings to default), disable DEP mode on Client.exe, or simply restarting the computer

Once you've completed the mission, you get a Red Wing of a Goddess to teleport back to tir. It's located on your inventory. Use the wing.

The cutscene crashing is due to a microthread bug on mabi's standard lib, this bug only occurs on Windows 8 and up, the MabiPro FAQ should be able to explain how to bypass this bug (by disabling Windows Error Reporting service).

If you get this message, that means that the connection to the server has been established but the port cannot continue any further. You may need to check your firewall settings or your router settings.

thanks a bunch, although i'm in a position where I can't really do much with the router settings, I can get ingame on some occasions when it works so it's pretty random for me, as for firewall settings i tried putting the launcher in the exceptions list.
As for people with money problems early game, see if you can host a party of two or more with some of us folks and have the leader buy the giant spider party quest, has a decent bunch of experience and 20k each time you beat the giant spider as a party, same for ciar and the golem if you want with the added goblins for the other party quests, i don't know how it'll affect your combat power for windmill training but it should help you get the tioz set early on with the gold gains.

Put Client.exe as exceptions, not the launcher.

alright, hopefully it should work out now thanks

Reminder, Giants are the best race.

guild never

guilds fixed??

It is! have room for two more. Which ones are alts and which ones are mains?

please let sani into the guild

Fuck windmill.

Semifiend here, I'll send in my application

I don't really understand this game's guild system. Anyway is there any difference between all these 4-1 and 6-2 armors other than looks? Also is there a reason to buy 4-1 when 6-2 exists?

the 4-1 are considered light armors and 6-2 are considered heavy armors. Light armors allows you to wear 1 accessory while heavy allows none.

Nao gives you a free accessory to wear every week, they can usually be 1def1prot, 0def2prot, etc

Groose, let me in mane

…Why are you trying different linux distributions when you should be trying different WINE configurations?

If any of you find dex reduction gear, hold onto it for me please. Refining is starting to get annoying.

Yes. Used properly, windmill is a valuable defense against melee and it inflicts an aoe attack with knockback. I don't need to explain the value of aoe knockback for ranged builds, right?

I thought it was an OS problem, I haven't used linux for years.

Actually, to add to that. If any of you know how to enchant, I got a pair of sickles that reduce dexterity. If someone could enchant that on some clothes that'd help a lot.

welp it's still not working and i'm trying to convince the one in charge of my router settings to make the port forward but he doesn't want to just put any port numbers in there and I can't find a specific port forwarding guide for this game in particular. I can still get on when i'm lucky but it's random at best

That's because there are none. 11021 has to be forward on your router (or on your firewall if it's causing the issue) if it's not allowing you to connect.

Just so you know, Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu, so if you were hoping to change around the OS setup, you were going to fail since the Mint is essentially Ubuntu underneath the hood. At any rate, if you want to fiddle around with the internals of your system, you should probably look up how to modify the configurations, drivers, etc. instead of randomly switching Linux distributions.

alright that fixed it finally, managed to port forward correctly for now. It's still strange though, I never had to port forward before to play any online game, even private servers.

That's because today's games are more likely to code around the problem of connecting behind a LAN. Hell, these days ISPs give you modem/router hybrids that automatically places their customers behind a LAN. Back in the day though it was assumed everyone was directly connecting to the internet, which means a lot of older games require port forwarding.

That said it's extremely rare for game clients to require port forwarding. Usually it's hosting that requires port forwarding.

that's exactly right - and Mabinogi doesn't require port forwarding either.

Port forwarding has literally zero effect on Mabinogi gameplay…as it's all TCP outgoing connections. You can verify this with WireShark.

Expect to continue having issues, because port forwarding did not fix it for you.
If for some reason it is actually fixed - then something else changed on your network.

If/when it happens again, try to get a WireShark packet capture and upload it (possibly to the developers of the server, as they would probably know what is happening)

I figured this was a problem with an older version of the game itself but I never had this happened to me before, letting me go to the character selection only to stop me from going ingame but right now i'm getting luckier when getting ingame. So far it still won't let me access rebirth from the char select screen but it could be because I just made this char a couple of days ago as I can't access it from ingame as well just without the korean error box. I'll check wireshark out though thanks user

I'm about to do the charge quest, anyone want to do it with me? I can ferry you through the mana tunnels if you need me to. We can meet at Rano or somewhere else if anyone wants to come with me.

Wait, nevermind, the mana tunnel to the hobgoblin village is one-way out. I guess we could still get there by rafting though.

Can knife ears learn it? I'd tag along if yes, but I gotta go to bed soon unfortunately.

Any race can learn it, yes.

Neat. I guess I'll do it some other time then.

I want to go forth and apply german medicine and healing, number one in the world, while also fucking shit up with magic or some other exploding, fire-y rape to provide excellent tactical support for maximum blitz success.
Then I want to produce top tier light armor and uniforms and maybe some weapons for my kameraden
In essence I am going excellent damage + excellent buff support and production at the cost of a large amount of survivability. Music buffs as well if I can fit that in somehow.
My question is thus: human or elf
I won't be using melee other than maybe to knock something back from me so I can kill it with righteous hellfire, so I doubt strength will be an issue, and since elves are faster and, at least as far as I am guessing, are better at production, I'm counting them as worth considering.

I've read that both can reach such similar potential that the differences are negligible, but I don't know if there is a huge gap all the way to near max level before that, or how it works.
If theyre the same for the purposes I'm looking at other than speed then I don't see much reason an elf wouldn't be outright better.

Can you trade red fomor coins?

Elves are generally better at magic and archery, save for a ranged skill only humans can learn called Arrow Revolver. Actually I'm not sure what the state of it is on this server, I remember humans were the go to for ranged combat exactly because of that skill at some point.
On the flipside they're more limited in terms of melee. They're also a lot more fragile.

I feel like you want to learn too many skills at once, though. You should probably specialize for starters. Also, pick human first as you can get an extra character slot by talking to an NPC.

Yes you can. I've seen people sell it for 4k gold each

So I finally found out the source of the problem, I can connect to one of their 3 servers while the other two are not working for me, shows i'm losing all four packets when i try to ping through cmd.

Sounds like your ISP or their servers is shit. Wireshark it and make a report. There's a Ticket submission somewhere on the website.

This server has a disagreement already, its link is in the general discussion forums.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was my isp being shit, I did sent the relevant files but through winmtr instead since I can't figure out wireshark at the moment

If you don't have the butterfingers title, go into ciar, or any dungeon with herb patches, and fail to collect them until you do. It gives -20 dex and -20 luck

I already have it, but thanks.

What's a decent way to make some gold when you're weak as shit?

Find a partner or two and run Ciar Normal with party quests from Duncan for killing regular goblins. If you wanna solo instead, run Ciar Beginner and horde fomor scrolls instead, particularly Mimics. You can get the quests to turn in the fomor scrolls from Duncan as well.

collect all the formor scrolls you can and buy the quest scroll for that type from duncan
you can also join a party for ciar and buy a couple copies of the party quest "kill 30 goblins"

Thanks

any eta on guild expansion?

1378/4000GP
If the next couple of days were as productive since the fix, we can expect the next expansion around Wednesday.

fug

Unfortunately growth is gonna slow down a bit since GP is primarily based on levelling, and most of the guildies are past their initial burst. I'd say we should try to run daily SMs for further levelling, but if we do it too fast some people might get kinda gimped since they'll have less time before 100 to abuse duncan resets. I might try leaving the guild once I hit a decent level, then rejoining with an alt that's low level + ready to rebirth to hit us up with a hot dose of GP.

Don't really fret about not being part of the guild; If you've submitted your application, you can see the list of guildmates + applicants to friend and play with, and at this stage we're not exactly running guild-exclusive tasks or anything.

great dungeon running tonight even though everyone out performed me because I didn't autismo grind windmill

She's cool. Knows how to run party quests.

You guys should add me Malvarose maybe we can do dungeons or something sometime. I'm currently level 33.

I'm Diogenes, some one should post a new thread when we get to page 12

Part time jobs. They have 4x rates and you can earn up to 10k a job at beginner level, this will only go higher once you get to internediate.

Any specific PTJs that are worthwhile doing? I tried doing Edern's blacksmithing PTJ yesterday but despite talking to him in the right time frame he didn't give any. Since his dialog isn't translated it's hard to tell what I'm doing wrong or missing.

I can tell you that if you talk to them again before you do the quest, i think the left option will cancel the quest on you. Haven't bothered trying the right option, but the left one after you complete it gets you to the reward choice.

Just tried it again. pic related is all he says.

I don't get the quest in the first place when I ask about PTJ. He just throws some moon runes at me and that's it

Edern's PTJ is mostly for leveling blacksmithing, you want to do the healer house/grocery store ptjs for money, along with the church ones for holy waters.

I do want to level blacksmithing.
Thanks.

If you want to maximize your holy water then do the healer's ptj on the other continent they both give holy water since one counts as a church ptj and the other the healers

Maybe it's time based? I just stumbled ass-backwards into it, to be honest, and then immediately failed it because of slantytext and options. I know there's a limit on the number of quests that gets handed out, though.

I forgot to delete part of that post. The PTJ for the church in dunbarten should be done first since its either eggs, potatoes or apples. The one in the base camp on the other continent is always 10 wool and you can use exploring to gain levels.

what's the deal with doing g1 again?
i got the earring and gave it to duncan but never got another quest.

Rules say page 13
made the OP if the thread reaches it before I wake up. ghostbin.com/paste/92e83

Have you tried relogging?

give blue herb to bear until he writes name of dumb twink into snow
wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Generation_1:_Advent_of_the_Goddess_(Pre-Genesis)
dunno if you're supposed to have a quest for it or not but it works without a quest either way

thanks, i didn't realize i had to manually give him the herbs

All in favor of Ceres being the guild hugging pillow say, "Aye!"

kill yourself

Why the fuck won't any of these snowmen drop the earring?

Hit the one in the middle that's sitting on a rock.

There's a shadow underneath the correct one.

I've hit every single one of them multiple times. I think my quest might be broken or something.

Hold down Alt to check the floor, sometimes the earring falls into the snowman.

I finally found it. I had to hammer on that snowman in the center for a while before it appeared.

How do i befriend NPCs? I've been feeding gifts to both Nora and Nele 24/7 but neither opened their secret shops for me. I managed to befriend the book seller in Dunbarton thought so this is extra baffling for me.
Also anyone wants to run dungeons?

You just have to keep trying until they like you. Talk to them (via private story) and give them gold too while you're at it.

My jewery didn't work.

here's what works for me

possibly harder to do if those key pieces of dialogue are in moonrunes

That worked. Thanks for the help.

We're getting closer to page 12, maybe its time for a new thread?

once it hits page 13 yeah

weh

Except that half the people that play them are mongs.

Also >giant animations

I think I figured out why I couldn't get PTJs from Edern. My blacksmithing is only rank F and he probably tried to give me one of the other jobs that have a higher requirement.
Now I'm wondering whether PTJs are randomized every in game day, real life day or even at all.

fresh bread