Why do right wing kiddies continue to peddle the STEM meme whenever a young person says that they can't find a job or...

Why do right wing kiddies continue to peddle the STEM meme whenever a young person says that they can't find a job or they get shitty wages? Do they not realize that in their utopian world where everyone gets an engineering degree that this would create an oversupply of graduates and essentially ensure that that STEM won't be as lucrative as it is? The whole reason why they are highly paid is because of the limited supply of skilled STEM guys. I mean you have 12 year old kids who are learning programming nowdays in school and some of these young kids are starting their own fucking companies. The days of STEM being highly paid won't last forever thanks to this increased competition. And in an industry like tech where multi-billion dollar companies can have only 20 employees where the fuck do they think all these jobs will be created from?

This is a fantasy that will end soon.

Also given that they believe in muh eye-Q doesn't it mean that people with lower eye-Q can't get these STEM jobs since they don't have the intelligence for them?

Every right wing kid talks about STEM whenever you talk about income inequality and stagnant wages and it does my head in.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science,_technology,_engineering,_and_mathematics#Criticism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I failed him.

not everyone has what it takes to be an engineer (having a degree isn't enough, nor being a code monkey) so there will always be a demand for these kind of people, as long as the industry keeps expanding.
I don't understand what does this specific subject has to do with income inequality

There's actually a major STEM glut right now
After 08 it got pushed hard by tech firms and government in order to cut wages across the board

STEM is already being depressed in wages, and more rapidly than most people seem to have realized. It's not the sure high paying jobs it was even eight years ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science,_technology,_engineering,_and_mathematics#Criticism

Economics writer Ben Casselman, in a 2014 study of post-graduation earnings for FiveThirtyEight, wrote that, based on the data, science should not be grouped with the other three STEM categories, because, while the other three generally result in high-paying jobs, "many sciences, particularly the life sciences, pay below the overall median for recent college graduates."'

and hear I was wondering why people were pushing the 'science degrees pay well' meme. yeah, maybe if you're an engineer.

OP you sound like a butthurt liberal arts student. Stop envying fellow proles faggot.

Engineering and CS degrees pay well. Math degrees can pay okay if you actually end up being a programmer.

If you have a science or pure math degree, generally, you need an elite pedigree to have any success. Pedigree is everything in science.

It depends entirely where you are in the world. If you are in Australia for example the I.T/tech sector isn't as big as in America so your chances of getting a good job are far lower.

I'm talking about the US. The importance of pedigree in science is true worldwide. There are also a whole lot fewer relevant universities outside the US.

Yup. In a way I envy the U.S because it's the epicentre of tech and research so the STEM industry is always booming. It's not the same elsewhere unfortunately.

kill yourself.

Why are you getting bogged down in your emotional straw man? Do you not see the problem?

There are degrees for sale that are nothing but debt on young person, and no real prospect of employment. There is no effort to recalibrate what is a viable degree for someone.

You can't even get a trade because an employer can get 2 trained South Americans for the price he would have to pay you, AND get a dollar back in change per hour.

I can assure you that this isn't true
It's just a meme

Only for engineering and CS majors. Pure science is never booming. Even people from elite universities are forced to go to Wall Street or Silicon Valley to earn a living, many of whom would quit their jobs for a 70k/year tenure track position.

Even then it's usually specialized fields of engineering and only in specific areas of the country

They don't understand. But I do.

No one understands the dialectic like we do.

I think it is liberals that push STEM and 'right wingers' that push TRADES

STEMlords are some of the worst bootlickers I've ever met offline. They're up there with the Blue Lives Matter shitheads.

STEM already isn't lucrative in a lot of fields because there are so many STEM graduates. The STEM meme has already successfully reduced the market price of STEM labor. Hmmm.

haha yeah, imagine that kind of thing happening in the future

This is not even true.
STEM do not get highly paid more than any other successful degree holder.
By successful I mean steadily employed.

Automation is a huge problem while in capitalist hands.

You don't need high Autism Level to get an undergrad degree. You only nee to focus on your studies.
If you want to actually be employed in STEM then you get masters too in almost every STEM field. That only takes the aforementioned hard work in addition to being able to follow protocol (listening to senior advisors which are faculty at the college you go to) while still being creative and designing your vision instead of rehashing something boring and uninventive. And again, if you are convinced muh general g is required in all of this then you probably understand what intelligence even is. People who "IDPOL" (identify) as highly intelligent tend to be slightly autistic narcissists.

They're just boasting about their own choice.
They're insecure people who need to feel they did the right thing, and that the right thing was a very difficult thing to do.
This is literally all there is to this retarded meme.