Can someone explain to me why they are remastering dark souls 1 and not dark souls 2? DS1 was a great game, well made...

Can someone explain to me why they are remastering dark souls 1 and not dark souls 2? DS1 was a great game, well made, holds up well even now. Doesn't need any work done.

DS2 was a washed out shit show with flat textures, unfinished areas and awful animations. And there's clearly a version somewhere on a backup harddrive in the bowels of fromsoft's hq with the original version that never got released.

They could just release that.

You think they won't make DS2 remaster after? What a stupid goyim you are. They will even make Demon Souls remaster as soon as PS3 stops being supported officially by sony.

The "remasterings" won't do shit except a few graphical liftings anyway. For some reason it's fucking taboo on sony consoles to actually improve a game when remaking it.

Apparently, it is OK to completely cock everything up when you remake it though.

What the fuck does sony have to do with this?
Dork Souls wasn't a playstation exclusive and neither is the remaster.

They're attempting to release a port that is not absolutely botched from the start. The main appeal lies in the native 60fps, increased number of summons (6 people in your world), better lighting, and increased resolution.

use your head for a minute and think like a money-grubbing executive, because that's all that's left of the dark souls team

Are you new to this?

I believe they're making a new Tenchu based on the teaser trailer from the game awards.

I generally avoid interacting with retarded niggers, so yeah.

dark souls 2 looks like shit because it was meant to be mostly pitch black with just your torch lighting the way, but they removed this at the last minute, its why there are torches you can light in the game which serve very little purpose

I thought they already did

Nah they completely fucked the textures and the small details that were in the original demo. It's not just the darkness.

dark souls 2 wasn't just ugly it was also really unfun to play. dark souls 1 is a game people actually like.

DS2 was a fucking boring ass game to play, so fuck it.

It already got a remaster you dumb fuck. It's called Scholar of the First Sin. Runs at a smooth 60fps and they fixed the lighting issue. It's still a mediocre game though, but if you have to play it that's the version to get.

They didn't fix the lighting, they just added some HDR. The E3 demo version is completely different to sotfs.

most of the texture are that way because you were never meant to see them in full lighting, example the path to the last boss as laughably small tiled textures, the torch would of most likely had dynamic shadows so they had to take the cost of that into affect

The second half of the game seriously drags. A lot of areas are badly designed and don't show half the cleverness of the much better interwoven first half.
Lost Izalith being one of the more notable disasters, and while I don't think its overly a problem the Tomb of Giants could probably be designed a little more interestingly.

because dark souls 2 was a shitty dark souls knockoff made by a 3rd part and had terrible game design problems as well as level design problems and the developers went full fledged with the "difficulty" meme and had no understanding of what made dark souls fun.

the ff7 remake is just the deathrattle of squaresoft. this was their trump card to pull that fans have been asking for years.
this is not intended to appeal to the people that played the game in 1997 and 1998. its made to appeal to hipster wannabes and gurl gamerz that want to be able to say "i played final fantasy 7"

its just like if they remade the original zelda… now all the people with triforce bumper stickers, triforce tattoos, or triforce t-shirts can finally remove the embarrassing fact from their lives that they never played the original and started playing with windwaker or botw, because they dont want people to think know theyre posing as a nerd, which is actually worse than being a nerd.

atleast posers in my day pretended to be cool.

Isn't what From did with DS2 basically begging for a false advertising lawsuit?
You showed and sold me a game that was missing what it advertised, super dynamic shadows and lighting as well as an entire gameplay style with navigating trough pitch black areas with torches.
I thought you Americans loved suing people more than eating your daily bread?

Dude, it very simple duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Exactly. So its guaranteed success inside. And game was long ago enough so there are nu people around who didn't play this game. But graphics are outdated so you can't really sell DS1 1.0 ver in the current year. Now do you see obvious solution? make DS1 2.0 ver current year graphics. Easy job guaranteed results. You can do same with any successful game re-releasing them every 10 years with current year graphics.

IF IT'S NOT BROKE, DON'T FIX IT

The game requires mods to be actually fucking work.

What's wrong with it? It fits thematically, it has two good shortcuts, one NPC invasion event, two NPC quest events, a number of end game enemies to defeat, two embers to collect, and a respawning Titanite Demon that you can grind for a Catch Pole/Demon Titanite. The weakest aspect is probably that there are two large areas where there is nothing but lava, that being the lava field filled with dragon butts and the area filled with Taurus Demons, but other areas suffer from this emptiness as well. If you're into PvP, I think this area would make for a better arena than Oolacile or the forest, given all this space to move around, but for some reason it hasn't caught on.

People just like to shit on this area because 1) they feel like they need to find something to hate about the game and 2) they can't come up with any better criticisms than "hurr unfinished area"

That man is just still traumatized by the 1.00 version dragon butt city.

Dude fuck that shit, it was some serious rape.

DS2 is already on modern consoles

I still can't believe that demon ruins never got the dawn of war 2 treatment and got reworked completely.

I didn't think anything of it at the time. I just slowly and carefully eliminated them all, luring them one by one to ensure I didn't get swarmed.

Because it is a horrible place no one wants to be?

Most of the other areas that suffer from large emptiness are also in the late game. But fair call, disaster is a bit of an exaggeration. More like a chore.

I'm just highly dissapointed this is basically a graphical remake and they won't be adding or reworking any major content.

The only well-designed Souls game is Demon's, and you're NEVER EVER getting it, faggots.

Ahem.

it's been on emulator for a while now, and it's shit and dated anyway. kys

Have you pretended to play FFVI and Third Strike as well user?

Too bad that thing breaks stuff here and there since the engine is tied to those 30FPS.
Then what's the point of trying to always play at 60FPS if I have to turn it off every time I want to jump or climb down a ladder?

i still, to this day, dont know how they managed to fuck up the optimization of 2 and 3. first das ran on toasters and looked better than both of them combined

2 and 3 ran at higher fps than 1 without any fix necessary on the same machine I used for it, what are you on about?

This has already been said, but the game will be receiving so few improvements that the whole conversation is pointless. No game deserves this remastering more than any other because there will be almost no difference compared to the original release. Look up QLOC's previous work. All completely pedestrian and paint-by-numbers. Just ports, really.

He's right about 2. It looks similar to DaS1, but DaS1 can be run on very shitty computers.

Dark Souls 1 was the better game.

I was speaking purely about FPS results from my own setup. It doesn't take a ton to run DS1 though, no.

lol, pathetic

I refuse.

It had some neat looking weapons.

user are you fucking retarded? The servers were a mess. More than half of the time summons failed and it was near impossible to summon specific people sometimes.

On top of that DS1 wasn't on any of the current gen consoles, so it makes more sense to remaster DS1 than it would DS2, which is on the PS4 already.

Holy shit, DaSfags really are pathetic. It's as if the entirely broken PvP, overpowered poise mechanics, and trash second half of the game don't even exist with this MiyazakiCucks.

As ps3 can be bought for like 60 dollars now today anyway, anyone who wanted to played Demons Souls has played it already. Have fun being smug about it being a console Sony exclusive despite that its one of the sole reasons why this game will never get a sequel or remaster.

They already re-released ds2, but I think a complete redo with the broken and missing content restored would be in order. I think the real thing to look for with this ds1 remake is a Demon's souls remake with fourth archstone

it emulates better than FF XV benchmarks retard

I've never played a souls game before, I bought a used PS3 a year ago and I bought Demon's Souls because I heard it was the best in the series by people on 8/v/ but I can't get into it at all. After dying to the first boss or whatever then respawning in the place, I go to the first level and kill shit but I just can't get into the game, does it get better than this? I've seen many gameplay videos of Dark Souls and it looks identical to what I'm doing now save for boss fights so I find it hard to believe it gets better

It was a LOT more than just "they changed the lighting."

Never forget.

Get a load of this goy.

To be fair, I think everyone expected the dragon to come alive.
The rest of it though…

You got meme'd kiddo. The game is good but it's the least refined of the series.

Dark Souls games have estus healing except Bloodborne.

that's why its the best game in the series, its still the most experimental game in the series and has highs none of the other games could ever reach.

While Remaking bad things makes more sense from an "we can fix it's flaws" point of view, it's never going to happen.
You can convince people to buy something already known as good, but 9 outta 10 people aren't going to give something with a bad reputation a second chance. If your going to change it so much it's goes from bad to good you'd have better luck selling it under a completely new name.

The only reason DaS2 SotFS happened was because it was already made, before they had to downgrade the graphics for last gen.

SotFS was nowhere near the game we were shown at E3. Nowhere fucking near.

Isn't SOTFS basically a "remaster"? I never played DaS2 before SOFTS so I could be wrong.

Also the unofficial DSFIX for DaS1 completely breaks the physics. to be fair it was the original shit-tier programmers that decided to tie physics calcs to the animation frames, but meh

Speaking of this has anyone figured out a way to make DeS load all the shit in RPCS3? It runs great… after the first time it loads an asset. Otherwise it fucking stutters as it loads new shit or whatever it's actually doing. polite sage for double post

Yes. Pretty much. DS2 was so shit they released a "remaster" shortly after to fix all the innumerable fuck-ups that the b team filled their game with.

Funny because it was even worse then the original.

The game was never good. They're just doing what they did with the original. Milk the money out of people that think "slightly difficult" =good who probably never played an old school actually difficult game in their life.

Level design wise I think it's pretty good tbh. Maybe a bit linear towards the end but if it had more enemy variety it would be solid enough. I mean it's not like the game was rushed during development or anything.

Pc port sucks, consoles are also pretty bad with shitty framerates.
Also Dark Souls, as you said, is just a better game which can just be updated graphically.

A remaster of Dark Souls 2 would need to completely fix the base gameplay

it wouldn't really be a remaster then, I think is important to add. It would be a new game, sort of like SotFS came across as, a remixed dark souls 2.

That's exactly my point

Coulda just stopped there

Remastering wouldn't fix DS2s problems. sure you could make it pretty like the old trailers but to really improve DS2 you'd need to change a lot of maps and enemy placements, ESPECIALLY enemy placements because they were so fucking terrible. I'll always cite bloodborne in this, becuse in BB you'll fight 3-4+ enemies several times and most of those times each enemy carries a different weapon and moves at you at a difference speed. In DS2 multiple enemies with the same weapon and speed would run straight towards you making a mess of hitboxes and clipping that forced you to kite frequently and it's just ugly to look at.
Remastering it wouldn't change the shoddy bosses either, or the areas that are just a drag to get through on any run which DS2 had a fucking lot of. It also helps that dark souls 1 became a fucking meme so remastering it is more guaranteed sales from the faggots who got into the series because of onlyafro videos and "LMAO SO HARD" mentality

That's wrong though.

There are like two areas in the whole game with this issue if you aren't rushing through it (royal swordsmen on the path to ruin sentinels and dragon shrine which is an optional aggro and fixed in sotfs).

you shoudn't want to just rush past everything. Also you're not mentioing the multiple instances of the the Royal Swordsman enemies that just rush at you, especially in that dump the bastille. Alone knights would clump together a lot too but mostly on NG+ where they dump them together in a few spots. Same for those elephant knights on the way to dragenlic which would just sit on top of one another if you didn't cheese them. A lot of the enemies would spin around without animations either which is just lazy

I got the emulator, but when I try to boot the folder with the game data, it says

DS2's enemies had bigger problems than that, They had infinite stamina for one. It's really annoying to fight the vanilla enemies, they kind of fixed it in the expansions.

Check this vid and see if you are missing any of the steps.

A little info as to why:
1) The area is less accessible, the closest warpable bonfire is in front of the fair lady, meanwhile oolacile has a bonfire right next to an invasion location and the forest can be invaded from anywhere in the game if you have the ring on.
2) More relevant if you aren't using cheat engine or a mule most of the time people use one or the other to make their characters/builds , but you must have placed the lordvessel to be invaded in the demon ruins/access lost izalith and the area is required for game progression, one of the reasons the burg caught on for PvP was the fact that you can get there immediately if say, you just started NG+ and you want to try PvP, and you can skip it altogether as well (this second part is also true for oolacile), allowing you to play any part of the game (and obtain any item) without having to play extra NG cycles or do extra things to create the character you want, while also allowing you to complete as much of the game as you want and still be able to be invaded.
3) The area IS quite open, and the dragon butt enemies don't respawn, allowing you to clear it out, but the lava is an annoyance for PvP since it gets in the way
4) The lava not only gets in the way in terms of damaging you, but it also looks fucking ugly and obnoxious
5) also you need to cross the lava each time if you want to get away from the lava, since the bonfires in the demon ruins/izalith aren't really in convenient fighting locations
6) The invasion spawn locations for Lost Izalith in particular are fucking cancer demon ruins isn't much better, one is above the hidden bonfire, the other is in front of the BoC fog gate, both suck for getting a quick fight in an open area (unlike Oolacile or the Burg, where they're right next to or in an open arena for a fight)
7) More of an issue for some people than others (depends on if you're playing on console/toaster or not), the area preforms poorly compared to some others, Oolacile also has this problem to some extent, but obviously this isn't a huge issue, more of a tag on at the end.
8) Tradition, when the game came out, people use the Kiln, Burg, and Anor londo mostly, then the DLC drew people to Oolacile and it just stuck. The forest gets attention because it was intended to be a PvP area (and thus has specific covenant mechanics to facilitate it).

The only half decent spot would be right before centipede demon, which while it wouldn't be too bad, still isn't as good as Oolacile or the burg.

Nevermind, that vid is outdated.

Learn to read. Alonne knights are no big deal after beating Smelter Demon. Primal Knights are slow as ass too you can bait into using their shields easily.

The DLC enemies were so good because the bulk of them were basic hollow soldiers that are fun to fight but then you mix in crazier stuff like the living armour, the invisible fucks, the magma giants and the spin to win hedgehogs and it gets really good. Three Crowns is quite possibly the peak of the Dark Souls trilogy.

The same stuff happens. Boot game, then select game folder where the main files are, click on, but it doesnt boot & says the same.

re-download? maybe your rip is corrupt

It's called a remake, something that only old Capcom managed to actually get right.

It's not that well designed. It's the most breakable Souls game.

I know and it hurts

What a time to be alive

upvoted

Dark Souls 2 is the best one, though. It has the best gameplay of the three. No, I'm not counting Demon's or Bloodborne, which are both better than all 3 Dark Souls games.

No, just no.

And Bloodborne is basically Dark Souls 3 with less options.

holy fuck i know what i'm doing later. hope it will run on linux

How no? Dark Souls 2 had the best single player because it had the most viable builds and unique gameplay mechanics, it had the best covenant system, it had the best, most balanced form of PVP whether you played it or not, and it also had the best exploration
The story is shit, but they're all bad. it's just that 2 and 3 are REALLY bad.

I don't like how in DaS3 they made everything more gross, slimy, and hairy, like DaS3 was trying to be like Bloodborne too much
DaS1 was better in that regard because everything wasn't "ew look at this it's gross right look at all this slime and pimples and hair and shit"

Remove all PVP, consider the singleplayer PVE only
That removes most of what made 2 good doesn't it, for people who prefer the singleplayer over invasions wouldn't 2 make sense to be the worst?

No? Because of all the other reasons I listed. If nothing else, it having exploration leagues beyond any other Souls game should make it an excellent choice for those who enjoy single player.

The PS3 being supported or not means shit if Sony holds the IP rights.