What kind of wizardry is this game running on? This is some fantastic optimization

What kind of wizardry is this game running on? This is some fantastic optimization.

too bad the game sucks.
/thread

What the fuck are you talking about?

it's just OP is just being shilly

It's called thorough QA and a well-coded PC port.

In short, it's the kind of polishing that is expected in pretty much every IT-related industry except video game development. If I were to half-ass bug fixing as badly as most modern vidya devs do, I'd be fired.

Nigger what? I can run it just fine with 4GB of ram and my CPU at 2.2 Ghz and a fucking GTX 460.

Pretty surprising considering that the other game from the same dev (JC3) runs like ass.

Shilling for a nearly 3 year old game?

Thats funny because Avalanche hasn't released a stable game in almost a decade.

Thats because your standards are shit and you don't mind eating shit.
The game doesn't even reach a constant 30FPS on recommended minimum system requirements despite being released for xbone and piss4 which are clocked at half of the minimum specs for this.

I have a question for you:
Have you played it yourself?

Watch out some retard has taken system requirements as anything but horseshit again.

30fps at what settings? Be specific or you're talking shit.

I have played and finished it.

At normal preset detected by the game itself.

You can't be this retarded

IT RUNS ON FUCKING SAND!
THE GAME IS LITERALLY A DESERT WHICH IS WHY IT'S ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH SO MUCH!

All the optimization in the world won't fix the mind-numbing collect-a-thon gameplay or the meaningless cop-out ending. Also it had fuckall for decent music.

7.8/10 would play again in a decade after I've forgotten everything.

(checked)

This. Put some buildings, some AI controlled pedestrians and heavy traffic and you'll see this "optimization" fall flat. Now check my single digits.

Yeah, beautiful world with absolutely nothing in it and shitty Arkham combat.

Yes and? Those are toaster tier requirements.

How retarded are you to think that optimisation means that it can do things other games can do?
By this logic nothing is "optimised" because if you just keep adding more stuff into any game it will eventually run like shit. You think Pong is well optimised? Well what if you add in 4k graphics and a 20,000 player multiplayer mode, and make it VR only and if you press F5 it boots sheckel citizen. Grow up.

And how retarded are you if you think we need a thread on how "well" some game with nothing in it is "optimised"?
If a game with nothing in it runs about as well as a game with a ton of shit then guess what, the first one is shittily optimized in comparison.
Embarrasing, kill yourself.

I could give less of a toss about stuff like gameplay. How the game runs is the most important thing of all, you replaceable son of a bitch.

Yeah, I can sense the maturity wafting off your shitposting and crying that people on a imageboard are talking about things you don't want to talk about. You sure showed me.

Too bad the game sucks a bag of dicks
The Open World is more barren than MGSV or Fuel.
The gameplay consists of Ubisoft tier Open World antics without the optional stealth when clearing outposts.
The driving is fucking ass, floaty garbage with no weight to it.
Progression system is all over the place and is forced upon you when it's mostly passive garbage which makes early gameplay even worse than the whole game already is.

MGS V was better

this place is a joke man

Avalanche did a great job of capturing the mad max feeling of driving through an endless wasteland with fucking nothing in it.

Absolutely shit game.

I remember the behind the scenes of MGS2, and the technical accuracy of the enemies/squads working together.
Seems like something Kojima really loves all the little details.

It's what you get when you have a game coded by actual coders, not feminazis and pajeets who know shit about programming and optimization.

It's not optimized, it's merely tolerable on modern hardware. Every time I got into car combat on my low-end PC (the only good part of the game) the entire game started stuttering because my CPU was maxed out from the physics calculations. It didn't matter if I cranked the graphics way down, the graphics weren't the problem. That's the exact opposite of good optimization. A game that's efficient doesn't put that much load on the CPU.

Actually, it's a pretty good game.
\thread

the games runs in slow mo on my core 2 duo 2.33ghz even when the steam fps is above 24fps. this game absolutely requires an i3 to rum well.

It's comfy.

Trigger discipline only applies when you're not pointing at something you intend to shoot. They're doing it wrong.

I have no idea how this stuff works, but I thought they were under orders to capture her, and not shoot her. Therefore trigger discipline is correct, right?

It's been a while since I've played, but I think that at point they have been told to stand down.
Though, I could be wrong, and it might be a shot just after the guy with the goggles found her, at which point, no, they haven't been told to capture her. They haven't been told to kill her either.

no, Kaz told them to fire and they still didn't have their fingers ready on the trigger. why they didn't fire at her on the spot I have no fucking clue.

>implying

Should I play Ground Zeroes before the main game? It's separate right?

Guy looks like a living 56% meme

user, that's toaster shit in [Current Year +3]
16GB is practically the standard now
Most CPUs are baseclocked at 3.2Ghz these days, many easily being able to be overclocked to 4.0Ghz with no issues.

just watch it on jewtube or something. GZ is like about an hour long or so, i forget.

I bought it for $3 and I can tell you its not worth it. Just a cash in on the name while it was still relevant and now everyone has forgotten about the last movie.

The graphics are not actually that good. Textures are relatively low quality and many assets are reused aswell as most areas I saw were either closed in caves or such or wide open areas with nothing really in it. It runs well for some people because theres like nothing going on and even in action sequences theres not many enemies or enemies doing much at a singular moment.

The only thing impressive about this game is how they fucked up a Mad Max game.

This is the kind of shit that makes me want to give the PS4 or whatever the fuck a try, computer games are being "optimized" like shit lately. Could have bought more than 2 PS4 with my current computer and stuff still runs like shit. And no, it's not my fault, I take care of my OS.
Also, there are so many console exclusives out there that I would like to try.

I remember when 4GB was a fuckton of RAM, man I just can't keep up. I'm moving back to consoles if this shit keeps getting this expensive. I fucking spent all of my salary on a 1080.

start saving up nigger

Just use free to play garbage until you save up enough money to buy assets, then your assets can buy you a nice compy. For my part, I'm wagecuckong for property, and then my reward for said property will be a snazzy new custom built PC from rent checks. That's the theory at least. For reals though, just do free to play garbage, there's tone of it and most can be played on your poorfaggot computer.

Hardware hit a wall and brings diminishing returns. Software needs to catch up. No talent in software industry. Only Pajeets and diversity. Everyone decides to just double down on hardware. Machines 10x as powerful can now max emulated PS2 games at a reasonable framerate and play GTA4 mods while new game performance might be acceptable. People still advocate for upgrading PC hardware.

I always save this picture everytime I come across it, I must have 100 copies of it.

If a game has nothing in it and requires 6GB of ram to run then it is poorly optimized. Keep in mind that the none enhanced edition of Skyrim runs at less then 4GB and in fact will crash if you go over that limit.

you realize you're running sub-console spec hardware. You have no right to complain. Console hardware is equivalent to a laptop from 2012.

I'm a different guy user, if fucking Skyrim c runs at less then 4GB then there is no excuse whatsoever for a game with nothing in it to require 6GB.

skyrim runs with less than 4gb of ram because it literally can't use more, it's a 32-bit only game. Idiot.

Listen here retard, 64-bit programs do not require double the ram a 32-bit program does because stuff like pointers occupying more space it's because coders don't have to work around the limitations of 32-bit architecture anymore since they don't have to they simply don't do it anymore so the code ends up sloppy. In fact the new Enhanced Edition of Skyrim is a perfect example of this since it's increased file size is because of the engine, if it really was just skyrim in full and it magically needed double it's size it would minimum need only just slightly above 4GB of ram. It's because all the tricks to make things work in a small memory size simply isn't being done anymore.

yes, but what don't you understand about it "literally can't use more." It's a 32-bit game. It can only recognize about 4GB of ram. Therefore it literally can't use more. Retard.

I understand perfectly well you're just too retarded to look past that because you're so Holla Forums illiterate you can't see what I'm getting at. You recompile sourcecode into a 64-bit program instead of 32-bit and you don't suddenly get a doubled amount of RAM requirements there is an increase but it's not significant enough for you the 32-bit 4GB limitation to actually matter for my point. Skyrim, is one of the most unoptimized, shittiest fucking engines possible nobody who Mods for it pretends it isn't. Things that were standard at it's release it simply was incapable of doing or was never even put in. Trains were just hats on a guy's head because they were too retarded to know how to put in real trains, any actual physics was impossible to accomplish without a script extender and it was still retarded. And yet you can run it with 2GB of ram, not the max full 4GB of ram, just 2Gb of ram.

A game with nothing in it and would actually require 6Gb means the engine itself was so badly coded that the only thing to describe it is an unoptimized piece of shit even worse then Skyrim.

I beat this game a few weeks ago. It was pretty ok. Pirate it since its way too expensive for what it is.

Take a screenshot and post it

You keep your finger off the trigger unless you are in the process of shooting, you fucking mongoloid. If you're holding someone at gunpoint to capture them, it sure would be fucking embarrassing if a bug bit you and you twitched and shot their head off. Try explaining that one to your CO.

I'm going to laugh at you when you get kicked off the range or put a hole in something you didn't mean to.

Dude there's fuck all to even upgrade for, couple that with the faggot bitcoin miners who are all late to the party inflating prices to retarded amounts and you have all the reasons to stay the fuck away from upgrading if you're not on a machine from 2012.
You say that as if consoles aren't just as much of a waste of money.

I don't know if reddit or cuckchan had another shitstorm, but this place has progressively been getting worse the last few months.

The RX 460 is comparable to the minimum required GPU for that game. It will run at 30 fps 1080p or 60 fps 900p on high details. The game runs at 30fps 1080p on both xbone and ps4.

Outside of the ps4 pro and xbone x, games will run anywhere between 560p and 1080p. The GPUs in the older machines are only comparable to the later AMD APUs.
Find settings that mimic console versions. This optimization you speak of is mostly lowering settings until it runs at 30fps. Titles like DOOM had to utilize techniques like dynamic resolution scaling that would lower the resolution to maintain fps. It goes as low as it needs to.

Has there been a decent Mad Max equivalent game? All I can think of is Oultander and Mad Max for NES. Wouldn't say either were particularly decent. Borderlands had even worse combat than the faggots here that can't understand basic rhythm and think they are some expert on melee.

That'd be my suggestion, it feels like a stripped down mobile version of a better game. It had denuvo anyway so fuck its six ways to sundown.

Both Mad Max and Zelda: BotW share many gameplay elements. It makes for a decent game, but nothing you would want to play after you beat it.
This approach to open world seems to be beneath Bethesda titles in terms of replayability. It is likely due to a focus on upgrades instead of builds.

That dude in the webm did nothing wrong, and it had nothing to do with trigger discipline. He didn't expect it to fire because the extractor didn't do its job, not because his finger slipped. He was obviously trying to let the hammer fall home.

I was wondering why he ND'ed besides finger on trigger but zooming in you can see the after he fires the last round the bolt fails to go into battery. He did fail to visually inspect the chamber so yeah he fucked up.

Nah. It's more about faggots that can't rhythm fight. The fightiest of fight.

Mad Max is old school optimization
and Just Cause 3 was supposed to be the new tech
JC3 didnt turn out so well thou

why the fuck did the ex fail?

Ran pretty well on my Playstation. Good game.

VisiPics. Thank me later.

so how did the game perform on linux afterall?
kept in my wishlist forever, but might as well just pirate it since its from a shitty company