Why do originalfags complain that emulation is piracy...

Why do originalfags complain that emulation is piracy, but flashcarts and third party remakes of consoles is "original hardware".

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/ZSNES
archive.is/L2CvN
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit#History
byuu.org/articles/fpgas-arent-magic/
img.fireden.net/v/image/1460/52/1460528325026.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They don't say that. They always recommend the original hardware. I've never seen an originalfag claim that a glorified emulation box remake is acceptable.

No they don't. They shit on emulation boxes and emulators on PC, but recommend remade old consoles and flashcarts. Downloading a pirated game on PC or Raspberry Pi is piracy, but downloading a pirated game on a flashcart is "original hardware".

maybe you should stop caring what some faggots idolizing chinks think.

Because they are idiots, nostalgiafags or paid shills.

t. angry manlet emunigger

sage

Wanna bet that he's a buyfag baiting?

Who says this? No flashcart user would complain that emulation is piracy, they'd complain that it isn't accurate enough.

The entire thread is fucking bait.

Sage for low effort bait thread
Fuck off, goon.

these motherfuckers

The only real reason I'd have for getting a Super NT is because it's the only way to get Super Turrican Director's Cut, and since Phil "Choke on it" Fish is a member of the team, I'm not buying it. The Super NT dosen't even have RGB out. I really hope Factor 5 releases STDX through some other platform.

super NT doesn't have the emulate other consoles function. for playing snes games it's just as good as original hardware though.

Why do cuckchan refugees come here with shitty one sentence threads about anecdotes?

Emulation is tricky. If it's not accurate enough, games will look wrong, sound wrong, run too slow, run too fast, glitch out and crash or become unwinnable. I suppose much of the anti-emulation sentiment comes from the continuing popularity of long-obsolete ZSNES.

Flash carts, on the contrary, don't really run anything. They just feed the actual machine with game data. So unless someone fucked up, it's still perfectly accurate.

You say that, but I know for a fact that my DS flash cart loaded Dragon Quest 9 faster than an actual DQ9 cart. That might be because my cart was shit, or the DS handles things strangely, I dunno.

Most SNES flash carts cant fucking run Mario Kart, freaking Mario Kart. If I can't play that then fuck outta here.

What's wrong with ZSNES and why is it worse than SNES?

emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/ZSNES

Mario Kart much have a special chip in it that wasn't in the SNES hardware, and the flash chip doesn't have the emulation software necessary to replace it.

Lots of cartridge games that needed extra hardware to run the game included the hardware inside the cartridge. That's why these games were more expensive.

Is so shit that after hacking it people find it can't run most SNES games properly outside of the ones it's packaged with.

wikipedia says it uses the same chip that Pilotwings does, the DSP-1. It's a mode 7 enhancement chip. Someone with an actual copy of the game can verify that shit. Here's the list of all the other snes games that ran on special chips and shit.
archive.is/L2CvN

they don't

because of the actual hardware component involved in properly running the game. The emulation part is not about "piracy" if I recall correctly but rather because of how unreliable or inauthentic it handles the games.

Flashcards mean you can play the game on original hardware so it's not emulation.
And I think the SuperNT is a hardware clone so same reason.
Everyone who plays real cards on shit like the Retron 5 should end themself though.

Hey remember when Clone consoles were actually half decent hardware clones and the only one you had to worry about were genesis clone consoles because none of them had good sound chips?
Now they're all shit running android, and nobody's made a decent Sound Card clone for a Genesis Clone either

We don't. You're not old enough to know a floppy disk even is, but we were all using chinkshit copiers on our SNES and Genesis in the 90s. From where the fuck do you think hardwarefags came?

why are emulator users so insecure about people who use original hardware? are they getting bullied by them at school or something?

It's an FPGA that recreates the super nintendo's hardware. It's HDMI only so I'm not interested in it, even when they release the analog adapter I don't think it sounds appealing.
agreed

the ym2612 isn't a sound card, and old clone consoles aren't good either

Well maybe it's been too long to remember, but out of all systems I explicitly remember genesis clones being shit especially.

The chip in Star Fox was the SuperFX. Not sure which flashcarts/copiers can do that one. On my SWC DX I have to use the passthrough method of having a cart with the chip in it socketed in the copier. On my SD2SNES I can't play games with SA1 chip because no passthrough, etc.

And now might be as good a time as any to fish for advice
Which genesis emulator is good? Sega finally fixed rom injection in their PC client and discontinued their drm free one.

You are right, they are especially shitty but none of them are any good. I see those clone Super Nintendo's every now and then and I've experimented with them - even the s-video is worse than composite on launch Super Nintendos. I think they should all be avoided.

none support super fx yet. I think that the Super Nintendo still has a lot of issues to work out in terms of back up loading but the majority of the library is all good as far as I can tell. It's kind of weird that the N64 scene has made more advancements than the super nintendo scene, but I guess it just goes to show you the kind of dedication the wahoo audience has over the bing bing audience.

I think they see all the buyfags that pay good money for a cart of the game and get salty

Genesis clones are trash because nobody gives a shit. @games for examples keeps pushing the same genesis console completely unpatched, and even though it's been proven that this shit can actually be fixed to some degree as shown in vid related(Ignore the Tectoy, that's just the BR publisher of this shit, who ironically care more about their genesis clones than atgames since they patched this into their devices) At games still just sells you the same exact shit with minimal changes like a slightly better wireless controller.

For the same reason you bump their threads, fag.

People will rip the ROM and put it online. Don't worry user!

SNES emulation has been perfected so there is no reason to worry about inaccuracy. Plus being able to play modded games is a bonus.

There are plenty of games that don't work on emulators on other systems, so I understand sticking with the original hardware there.

wrong, even higan doesn't have some games working correctly.

Jesus, what hope does any of the consoles stand

SNES carts often had custom chips on them, either for audio (like Castlevania 3 on the NES) or graphics acceleration (like the SuperFX chip, AKA the world's first GPU). Emulating those custom chips is where the real problems are. The actual hardware itself is 99.9% understood and emulated just fine.
Since CDs obviously can't have custom chips of their own that's not really an issue in later generations, but the exponential growth in console power creates more than enough work for the emulation scene to deal with reverse engineering properly.

Kega Fusion or mednafen

PLAY
THE
GAME
Also, guess what nigger OH faggot, I have the original shit sitting in my fucking closet with a Trinitron 18inch CRT and I still choose to emulate on a PC. Go suck Goose dick you fucking inbred spic.

Never once have I seen an og hardware fag shill a remade console. Maybe you're here from cuckchan? As retarded as some natives here may be, everyone on this board understands that (((remade))) consoles like the NES Classic are literally fucking emulators in the first place.

Depending on how they load the titles, as some flash carts contain processors that actually do all of the work, yes, absolutely, flashcarts are a way to play games processed through the original audio and video hardware.

This is a bait thread and you are a shitty person.

Is a fucking retard who is too busy virtue signalling when not being autistic with his ass-backwards emulator. Only good thing he's done is convince people that ZSNES is shit.

Proofread your posts
And do your research while you're at it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit#History
All of them are emulated just fine even in SNES9X; the only games that have problems being emulated are Air Strike Patrol (shadows that mess with scanline timing) and that one shitty Speedy Gonzales game.

Because I dared called out opinions? Snowflake!

Autism and a need to justify the money they spent collecting mostly.

what games exactly

No because everything you've said in this thread is fucking stupid.

Red alert byuu is autisming over the NT

Why is the retro gaming community so obsessed about the way that others enjoy their videogames? And i'm talking both sides here.

I should dig out my Dr. V64… Anyway I kind of understand it from a numbers standpoint. There are simply more of the younger generation. For example I didn't know anyone else personally that had any SNES/GEN copiers, but I went through a Multi-Game Hunter ASIC, Double Pro Fighter Q+, Super Wild Card, and SWC DX. By the time the Dr. V64 came out I knew at least 3 friends in college that got one to share with siblings.

I wish things like the Everdrives and SD2SNES had passthrough like the oldschool floppy disk copiers. At least as a fallback until the FPGA based ones can deprecate it with a firmware update.

I'm not opposed to emulation; particularly on handhelds. I'm also not going to throw away original hardware I've owned since retail release. Especially since they are now also collectors items.

Sounds like you've a touch of the tism yourself there, kiddo.

soy

Reminder that realhardwarefags will never ever get that

Are you retarded?

Are you?

>It is more stable than the real hardware while overclocked and won't exhibit the same issues, but it is still very unstable especially if you adjust the frequency multiple times.
>It also does not allow you to go over 200% clock speed, which isn't enough to fully get rid of slowdowns in some games.

Looks like I found the butthurt realhardwarefag

lel.

Back to moving the goalpost I see.
Guess if you don't actually have an argument you're just gonna pull shit out of your ass.

Fuck is this strawman bullshit?

I rarely run into problems with emulation, and if I do I check out something like the PCSX2 wiki to figure out settings and work it out. Sure fucking beats buying original hardware and buying original games.

One thing about bad emulation is that it can lead to old rom hacks not working on more accurate emulators or the original systems. That then leads to you having to track down an emulator from 1998 or 2003 to make it work. SMB1 rom hacks are especially bad at that, or Commander Keen mods if you've seen britbong HighTreason610 rant about it inbetween shitty public housing stuff.

How does it feel to be so inbred and retarded that you don't even know how to install windows 7?

Goddamn.
You took that guys bait m8. Are you some halfchan normalfag or something?

If you can find the old games and consoles cheap enough, you might as well get them. Emulation works 99% of the time, but I just like to play on the original hardware if I'm not lazy or impatient about acquiring the physical games. No way I'm paying $100+ for any game though, let alone a 20 year old one that's just the cart.

Also, if you really want to go the CRT route thrift stores sell them for $10. Or you can just nag your relatives for the one they threw in the shed years ago.

Opinion discarded

Megalomania.

HOLY SHIT, THAT ID!

I think they where casting a wide net

What? I used zsnes for my playthrough of that and had no problems.
Huh? I've never encountered this.
I guess these 'many other games' are mostly the shit ones that aren't worth playing? I've played basically every worthwhile SNES game on zsnes without a single crash.

Why did he post his BF's black dick on social media?

I remember byuu shitting himself in anger because outlets were saying FPGAs are better than software emulators. He's such a fag.

why are emuniggers so stupid?

Without a reference to the actual hardware this is pretty useless.

I thought it was obvious

One could assume from your post that the Super NT was the same as the actual hardware, just points out that neither is actually fully accurate to the real thing.
That on the other hand was obvious since FPGA based emulation is still emulation

it was fixed in the super NT an hour after the bug was reported

Same will happen with higan.

missing the point. byuu in his smugness declared the super NT is in fact, less accurate than his emulator. They both had the same issue, the NTs was less severe. The NTs was fixed sooner.

I just reread the thing to be sure and I don't see that being said anywhere.

I did see thgat though.

user, if I quote the line directly below the one you're quoting, what makes you think I haven't seen it already?

You do know that there's another thing between "more" and "less" right?
Let me help you, if he claims the Super NT isn't more accurate than higan and that higan isn't more accurate than the Super NT it might just means that he thinks they're both about as accurate.

what about getting usb snes pads for pc? I was thinking of getting two, would that be piracy or mild retardation?

Depends on which ones you're looking at
The Buffalo ones aren't too bad despite still being worse than the real thing but for 15 bucks it's not that big of a deal, anything else is trash especially those ones with the sticks added.
The absolute best is just getting a real pad and an adapter, worst case scenario you can just make them mechanical once the rubber domes shit the bed.

Gay

Kys. And Zsnes does lock up on 48 mbit games. Earthworm Jim 2s sound is also fucked up in Zshit.

>running Microsoft Botnet 7 or any version on bare metal
Do your parents know you're a nigger loving faggot?

That just makes his rambling autistic post a waste of time then. He austimed out for dozens of paragraphs and calls out the NTs accuracy only to say

Isn't byuu a homosexual diaperfur or something like that?

yes, icon of the emulation (((community)))

What a fucking nigger

hi byuu, do you need your diapey changed?

The whole post is him being triggered by people saying FPGAs are magic, which is right but you don't really need to sperg about it that much.
Ultimately you cannot do much better than what the current documentation of the system tells you, unless you do the reverse engineering yourself and at this point in time what's left to do is the hardest by far.
Funnily enough he got quite btfo in the accuracy department by another FPGA SNES project, VeriSNES or something like that, but ultimately he quelled his autism because the project is open source.

Both approach to emulating the SNES also have their limitations right now, you'd need a much better FPGA to bypass the need for carts (Super NT can't emulate special chips all on it's own afaik) and you'd need a much more powerful system to emulate some of the finer points of some of those special chips in software (iirc there's something in the SA-1 that would require something several time more powerful than what we currently have to reach playable speeds)

Nigger, can you read?

I've never heard that, I've only heard complaints about the flaws and inaccuracies of emulation. No one around here gives a fuck about piracy. A decent chunk of the originalfags around here have some skills with electronics and they like restoring old hardware.
Flashcarts are praised because they're a great way to get around the (((collector))) market, and for the most part they're just as good. A SD2SNES may be considered partial emulation for some games, because it uses a FGPA to mimic the functions of special chips used in games like Mario Kart and Mega Man X 2&3. It also cannot run games that use the Super FX or SA-1 chips, so you need original carts for those.
As for 3rd party console clones, I've never seen those get touted as original hardware, they're always referred to as shitty emulator boxes. And I definitely don't see anyone around here shilling for Analogue, the insufferable hipster faggots that came up with a famiclone that costs $500 because it has a solid aluminum body. Not to mention the fact they work with fags like Phil Fish.
Sage for shitty b8 and feeding into the "us vs them" retardation that ruins both buyfag and emulation threads.

I don't.

Because piracy is better.
So the (((collectors))) and other normalfags get butthurt over sending money on shit.
Piracy offers everything for free and is open for everyone to mod and try new ideas with what is already available.
When an idiot buys something useless that everyone else can find for free and utilize it with better performance and wider options to modify, the idiots defend their purchase to try to not look like the idiots that they are. And then, there are the (((collectors))) that just want everything to be overpriced and keep their scams going. They hate when completely free alternatives show up.

that is how Mike allegedly posted the image
also i'm assuming this video is what inspired the thread, so its not necessarily off topic.

Fake news, I've seen the pic with his real uncensored monster dong.

Really makes you think how fucking retarded most pop speed runners are.

kevtris would destroy byuu's boipussy irl.

The argument here is it's not superior or worth bragging about if it is also completely useless.

ZSNES stopped being developed in 2008. You'd have to have your head buried in the sand to use that thing.

This.

N64 is more complex than SNES.

You think this a SFW board? Post pics faggot.

He said Castlevania 3 on NES. Don't tell people to proofread when you misread them in the first place.

Proof?

I didn't save it because although I respect his big dick I'm not a fucking fag.

And although I respect fake news I don't buy your shit for a second until I see it.

Mike matei looks like a 20 year old mobsta with insomnia

N64 has also had more setbacks, see the entirety of Project64's existance

Luckily the broken games can mostly be emulated better on other consoles

Faggot detected.

img.fireden.net/v/image/1460/52/1460528325026.jpg

Honestly, for some reason. It doesn't look 10 inches. I think it's actually 8.5" since he doesn't start from the base.

I respect that news can be faked. Eat shit nig.

Seriously? Where'd you hear this?