Overpopulation

Isn't killing off the vast majority of the human race a good thing in the long term?

dw.com/en/lets-talk-about-overpopulation/a-37481009

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsBT5EQt348
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Overpopulation is a meme.

There's no global overpopulation, only a sub optimal distribution of population over the world.

No, this is pure ideology. People are evidently more willing to murder a substantial part of humanity than consider an economic system which does not tax the planet to such a preposterous degree.

So do you guys think they'll hand out cyanide capsules and MDMA for free to spare us the agony of starving to death or is that expecting too much of them?

Only if you kill off all of them.

That won't make them any profit, so they won't.

Gee, I wonder who was behind this idea

Give a proper definition for this word and then derive your claim using it.

I'm guessing it won't happen in India and China first though.

๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€overpopulation๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

Letting the population fall due to not breeding is a good idea but aside from moral concerns, suddenly reducing the population will fuck up the economy and cause all kinds of psychological trauma.

But the same thing applies to most resources like housing as well.
Overpopulation is only problem under capitalism right now where resources are wasted constantly. We could probably support an extra billion humans with proper resource management.

i've never even heard of that before but sure keep making assumptions.

Yeah maybe if your ideal society involves tin-roofed shacks and a daily ration of thin gruel

What is the deal with this fucking meme? Overpopulation isn't real and likely won't be for a very long time. Enough food is created in one country easily feed billions, and it's not even being made to try to feed as much people as possible. Space isn't anywhere close to being an issue. The only thing left is energy, which could easily be solved with nuclear.

It's not a question of overpopulation, but one of poor resource management.

We'll even out soon

youtube.com/watch?v=QsBT5EQt348

Well yeah but it's a matter of how to properly solve it. How do you kill 10 figures-worth of people in a reliable and timely manner that doesn't use up all the remaining manpower?

Good for who? The vast minority?

>suddenly reducing the population will fuck up the economy and
>and
You say that like fucking up the financialized capitalist economy is a bad thing

And this is why you need to kill yourself, liberal. Do you think that you should even be able to propose putting other people in a factory farm without being told that in the event of your death literally nothing of value will be lost?
Breeding is antisocial behavior under the current circumstances. If you think otherwise, get the fuck back to your weeb containment board and don't even think of reproducing your utterly worthless self.

There's a maximum efficiency you can squeeze out of even a drastic reformation of the economy. I think it's lazy to just handwave away the problem with "oh we just need to manage resources better"

Please, kill off all the low skilled labor and watch "skilled" labor become abate labor. I want every stem faggot working for rice and living in a shipping container

Become average labor*

What genocide apologetics? You appear to believe that overpopulation only occurs when humans are three deep. I retort that humans, as opposed to ants, bees or other hive animals, need space in which to be human. Resource management is liberal horseshit, your gene idpol is worthless, your genetics are worse than worthless, and liberal genocide (which includes weebs) is an absolute pure good. pmw

raised standard of living normally= lower birth rate

and if that doesn't work global one child policy

wow
how are you a leftist?

The machine has spoken. Kill yourself.

On the one hand, "muh overpopulation" is a garbage maymay, and was so back in the 19th century when Marx was shitposting about the overpopulation of Ireland in Kapital.

On the other hand, there is no reason not to curb the human race, especially since women's rights, birth control, UBI, and education result in the population falling anyway.

Besides, if we can reduce the population, we can increase the amount of wilds available for hunting, hiking, fishing, etc, and so make the existing humans happier.

this

if we could keep people contained in a couple dozen ecologically sound metropoli and leave most of the rest for wilderness, that is my wet dream

That's the idea behind the Agenda 21 conspiracy theory. Always thought the theory was silly because why would porky want less people or more wilderness?

Didn't Marx hate Malthus' guts? I know Proudhon and later anarchists did.

But that's literally all we need. An enormous amount of food is wasted because it is more profitable to throw it away. Some of the world's most fertile land is being worked with medieval agricultural technology, and what's not to say we won't develop even more efficient agricultural technology? Even if fixing all that is not enough, all we have to do is tone down our meat-consumption and eat more efficient foods.
Global overpopulation is a meme. It will literally never happen unless we destroy most of our arable land. Local overpopulation is a thing, but that's just a matter of distribution.

Yes, hence Marx's shitposting. Pretty sure it was in Kapital.