Did anyone get the PS4 rerelease of Dragon's Crown? Is that RPG book it comes with any good?

Did anyone get the PS4 rerelease of Dragon's Crown? Is that RPG book it comes with any good?

No and probably

it sucks they the only thing they included in this re-release was remastered music and this gamebook rather than new content like dungeons, characters and game modes.

life sucks man.

Yeah, I mean I played my PS3 version for a lot of hours, I can't really justify getting it again if it's literally the same game.

But it's probably not an unreasonable purchase if you don't own another version, right?

I never played it when it came out on PS3/Vita, what am I in for?

I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you like the beat 'em up genre. The PS4 version will have cross-play with the PS3 and Vita versions so I expect the online came back to life. It also has couch co-op if you prefer to play with friends instead of just randoms.

"Shadow Over Mystara" with much nicer artwork and deeper character mechanics.

Yeah, my guess is that those remakes with dick all new contents are meant for people who didn't buy it the first time around, without giving the old buyers the impression they got fleeced and are obligated to buy it again.

Is that gamebook an actual tabletop RPG?
Or is it just like a manual/guide?
Fuck the art for this game is just too good

It's a little strange, too, since Odin Sphere Leifthrasir had a drastic overhaul compared to the original

It's a tabletop.

I was thinking the same.

I'm still hoping they announce some meaty DLC like classes and levels. I really need my Cleric fix.
It's a fantastic game, arguably my favorite for the PS3, and can't recommend it enough but this release feels like a cash grab and I'm already goyin' that month for DaS Remaster.

I was expecting that too. Had a hype boner like I haven't had in years. Man, the letdown alone killed TGS for me.

Fuck, I guess I'm getting it.
Does every version come with the gamebook or is it only the D1 version ?

I guess it's not been released in the West yet

How was the remake of Odin Sphere? I enjoyed the original when it first came out, if I could a cheap enough copy would Leifthrasir be worthwhile?

It includes a Classic game mode so that you can just play the original with updated graphics, if that's all you want. The Enhanced (or whatever) game mode really has some changes, though, they totally remade the combat, alchemy, and stage design. The overarching philosophy seemed to be "nobody liked the combat in Odin Sphere so let's turn it into Muramasa". I liked it a lot, didn't regret the purchase.

I heard it has cross play with the PS3 and Vita version, If that's true they'd have to add the new features to those as well. So maybe that' why they didn't add anything new. Not that I'd complain to have a reason to play again. I quit playing is because my friends are faggots that whined about not getting better gear literally every time they put a hour into the game and everyone online is a drooling retard.

I'm getting my wallet.

Same here, i have something like 400 hours on Vita, id' say that is probably the game that made the purchase of a vita less painful.
But anyway they should have added maybe some new dungeons or something, i loved the game but to me it needed some more dungeons from the beginning, at least 12, 9 is too little despite the high replayability.

Dragon's Crown is shit

sage negated

They wanted it to be cross compatible with the PS3 and PS vita versions so everyone can play online together. Thats why other then updated visuals for 4k tvs and FPS. Its the same game.

Additionally

This extends the lifetime framework of the multiplayer as all three platforms its on can play with each other.

The game will last longer this way.

It was good. It had a classic and new game mode.

They could have added the new content for all 3 versions

this isnt gonna need ps plus to play online is it? never played the original so i'll get this

Wait, so that tabletop thing wasn't a new game mode, it was a goddamn book?

Leifthrasir was both outright extended remake (in gameplay and bonus minibosses) and an extended port between both its modes, thus able to appease both fans of the original PS2 style as well as new fans/people that weren't fond of how it handled originally. Also worth noting that the slowdown I've heard the PS2 original suffered seemed more or less gone, aside from some of the really enemy intensive fights, like the slime bosses, though even that was manageable.

No DLC either (for once the entire game is what it is), and there's an unlockable digital artbook with it (though it's worth noting that first prints had a physical artbook in English; think the digital one was left moonrune, but I could be remembering wrong).

Nice joke
I'm just waiting for the PC port if that ever happens.