So is now the time to buy a Switch and shove it in the closet before Nintendo starts shipping them with firmware that...

archive.is/Yz7Ws

So is now the time to buy a Switch and shove it in the closet before Nintendo starts shipping them with firmware that patches out vulnerabilities or what?

lol take some nuSoy instead, switchcuck, it does even have Monster Hunter World on it

No it's time for wait for the inevitable emulator that will no doubt surpass its performance by the year 2020.

The only reason I'd even consider getting one is to CFW it.

Already have it on PS4 so much buyer's remorse, it's fucking awful

Still waiting on that inevitable Xbox emulator.

Not enough people care about the xbox. There's people already working on an emulator for the Switch I hear.

Granted, motivation's certainly a factor, but considering how many people will try to do shit like that just to prove that they can rather than because of any real desire to use it and the sheer amount of time it's been, I would've thought someone would've made one by now.

Well there's also the fact that earlier gen consoles dwarf in size to modern ones when you compare units sold.

Last I heard it was a hardware issue that can not be software patched.

Gen 6 is hardly early though, and even looking at the popular stuff from that era, the PS2 still doesn't have an emulator so much as it has a program that can emulate specific games on a game by game basis, with tons of the more niche or obscure ones unplayable.

Almost like I said comparatively. An I would consider gen 6 early compared to current gen and how much normalfags flooded the console market.

As in what they're exploiting could only be fixed by a hardware revision, like the New 3DS to the 3DS or something?

Then your statement gets even more confusing, since the PS2 is the best-selling console of all time.

Yes.

It was also released in 2000 when the internet was only around 5 or so years old. Compare that to what's readily available to produce an emulator and you can see why it's a switch emulator will happen pretty soon.

Fair enough, no reason to bother buying one now then. Thanks user.

Even giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you meant "the modern Internet that everyone and their mother has access to" as opposed to shit like the Prodigy Network and what not, by that argument wouldn't Gen 5 and prior have no emulation whatsoever?

I think you're missing the fact that since the internet is more available there's more people likely to attempt to make an emulator of a current console. In 2000 the number of people who were capable of programming and turning the kernel into a playable state on the PC are likely less than they are now since the material to know how to do so is much more available and easy to find.

See? Always wait for emulators and piracy.
Never buy.

While absolutely true, that would assume that interest is only ever in making emulators for what's current and not what existed in the past. Again, by that logic, there would never be emulators for anything from Gens 3 or 4.

Have you met the current year normalfag interests? You really think there's more or even an equal amount of people who are interested in playing old xbox game's compared to the Switch? Which has sold more this year than the PS2's first year?

Honestly not really, living in a foreign country is great for getting away from that

No, but I also don't think the average normalfag is interested in learning to program

Again, it's a question of interest, rather than doability.

It's more likely that they would learn to program for a switch than an xbox is my point.
And the interest is on the Switch. Gen 3 and 4 emu's only exist because they're incredibly more simple.

Certainly true, I just don't think it's only normalfags who are learning to program.

It's certainly the hot new thing at the moment, I just don't think the logic you were running with earlier made much sense.

I see no reason why the 2 are exclusive. Many programmers are giant normalfags who play shitty games.
It does when you factor in that you probably don't have to be a mastermind behind a computer to program an emulator for a gen 4 console. The difference from gen 3 and xbox is on another level of existence. The difference from xbox to Switch is probably closer but I'm no programmer. All I'm saying is doability likely has diminishing returns the further you go into the gens. There's also that fact that there's many consoles that are fucking insanely different and unusual to make games for like the N64.

I never said they were exclusive though, just that you make it sound like ONLY normalfags are learning to program, and I find that doubtful.

I get that, but your earlier argument focused on the timeframe in such a way that it suggested that people who'd be programming would only have interest in emulating whatever is current.

Well who else is going to make an emulator for a console?
This is true. It's just that the amount of effort required to make an emulator for a gen 3 game is more likely to occur despite this fact. The xbox is in that middle area where there's not a lot of interest for it to be emulated by current year game players while it's also much more difficult to emulate than gen 3 games.

If anything I'd think normalfags would be the last people in the world interested in playing video games.

For sure, just I know that a lot of programmers will take on projects simply for the challenge or to be able to say "I did it" so I figured between that and the amount of time it's been around someone would've accomplished it by now.

I'm talking about normalfags who do play videogames. I guess "gamers" is a better term but the word makes me cringe just by typing it.
Is the source code for the xbox available? I know it is for the Switch. There's also the dev kit that the fucking spic turned into a PC

Why is Holla Forums always so fucking stupid?

Nintendo doesn't know how to into security, relax

Just buy one at the best price you can find and buy the modchip coming out in Autumn (Americuck spring).
There's a solder and solder-less option, so probably a cart you insert and a normal modchip.

Or just wait till it's free on the internet via emulation. .

I hate posts like this, I really do.

This is about the hardware, though.
Thankfully, Nintendo autists are the ones that can get emulators to run on toasters with better results than hardware.

Wii U, Wii and 3DS have better support than PS2, Xbox, 360 etc. A complete fucking joke, honestly.

Who says they can't do a 180° though? Sony managed to get their act together after being humiliated with the PSP and PS3.

Also that. I've also no interest in a tablet-sized console. Vita is already pushing it for size.

We're all as good or bad as the worst of us, user
That's how it is for everyone

Were a random mass of around 2500 people, a random user having shit taste wont matter one bit to anyone but faggots who like to have an online personality attached to their posts.

Wasn't the PS4 on its way to being hacked when the guy behind it bailed and sold out to Sony?

They don't learn.
Honestly, they don't need to bother. People crack their consoles in record time and they still sell stupid amounts of hardware and software compared to Sony and Microsoft.
Didn't MH4U and Pokemon X/Y each sell more than the complete total of the top 20 grossing Vita games? And that was when piracy was available in it's infancy, then it was 100% cracked and Sun/Moon sold some impossibly stupid amount, and won a record for pre-orders.

Mod chip launches in a couple months, and there's lots of console exclusives being ported to it, so if there's a game on PS4/Xbone you want that's ported, you can play it for free.

Sony has stopped a bunch of devs. There's a working exploit on really low firmware, but no online and limited game support (can't play all newer games).

Xbone and PS4 both have 100% piracy/CFW but the devs are cucks and won't release them.
The Xbone crackers are especially laughable. They won't release their proper cracks as they think the dev mode any user can get is the same as proper control over the system.

anything available for those that is also on the switch is either also available on PC or some IdeaFactory weebshit.

True.
The only game I was thinking of when I posted that was Dragon Quest Builders 1+2.

In my experience, they don't, they just boot up things like WoW or Angry Birds and claim to play video games.

I do feel pretty stupid in retrospect, but I'm also not familiar with how CFW scenes play out early in a console's life.

Yes but at the same time it was also showing to the 3rd-party devs (in the niche category) that it wasnt worth developing on 3DS, since the userbase on Vita was stronger than on 3DS. Hence why the Vita library is more interesting in comparison no good racing games besides the PSP Ridger Racer/Burnout tho

There's levels of normalfaggotry. You really think the majority of current console owners aren't normalfags?

For TV consoles absolutely they are, but I figure they don't actually use them for anything but TV and sportsball type things, and then for short bursts of time playing whatever product they're told to buy by the (((people))) in charge for the social credit. Certainly not the kinds to get invested enough to want to play video games, let alone learn to program an emulator for such a purpose.

Well who else is buying all these shitty games that are being put on the consoles?

No, if you want a Linux gaming tablet, you can get a ching chong android one for less than half the price. Only thing that'll be interesting with Switch is pirating software.

Like I said, they'll purchase what they're told to purchase for social credit, but they're not actually going to be playing the damn things for any length of time beyond what's fashionable if even that, because they don't actually like video games.

Well to be fair, Android also runs like shit. It's why Apple always has the fastest benchmarks, because Android is poorly made shite.

Most games are catered towards normalfags so I don't see how you can say that.

Yeah, it was basically confirmed as such. Expect a Nintendo Switch Pro around holiday season 2018 or early 2019. I'm willing to bet it's gonna run a custom Tegra chip based on either Xavier or Parker, NVidia will probably heavily discount the Xavier chips because of this fuck up.

But those are usually AAA games, developers of niche genres know that they can't get everyone and cater to the audience they have. Unless they're run by extremely incompetent suits like Capcom and Konami, rather than just the standardly incompetent ones.

i see pass your ruse nintendo i won't be buying your dead console

Since when do normalfags not play AAA games?

Why do you think "most games" are shovelware shit that sells purely on advertising and spectacle with a focus on only netting release window numbers? That's exactly why I say that. Normalfags hate video games.

Makes sense, though I figured they'd do a revision anyway to make it portable, since as is it's basically entirely a TV console.

Good, from the sound of it there's no point since even if an emulator doesn't pop up the exploit isn't going away anyway.

They actually usually just buy them and don't even play them.

I think you're just thinking of a section of normalfags. A lot of them actually do play the games they buy and think they're good.

I can pratically taste the desperation in this post.

Anecdotal evidence, but I've seen the exact opposite I used to work at FUCKING GAMESTOP and see tons of people who were basically the wet dream of the corporate heads who would reserve games, pick them up at launch, then turn around and trade them in towards reserving something else within a few weeks, often with the little Xbox 360 game case sticker that holds the case closed still sticky and fresh as if it'd just been opened.

Just the way you post confirms you both are, just like the rest of normalfags in denial that constitute Holla Forums.
To be normal and to be a loser is not mutually exclusive.

But can you still use gamestop as a bank?

I never accused anyone here of being a normalfag, just stating things about them from far more experience interacting with them than I would ever want.

You mean that bizarre pay system where they tried to pay you into a special bank account they "held onto for you" and that you had to withdraw by bothering the keyholder on duty to ring it up as if you were withdrawing from the store like it was your bank? That was fucking dumb and reeked of (((deception))) so I got on direct deposit immediately and never bothered. I wouldn't be surprised if that system's still in place though.

Reminder than Nintendo autists make emulators happen. I mean it's not like the source code has been available for a while now and there's already been the announcement of people working on an emulator. Plus the games on the Switch are barely below mediocre so I won't really be bothered either way.

I can say the same thing bud. I know plenty of people who do nothing but play PUBG and Overwatch on their consoles and think they're getting a rewarding experience out of it. Is it really that hard to assume that people who pay money for garbage will also play said garbage?

Found the faggot who plays garbage.

I think he's talking about the guy who said he'd constantly preorder games but not buy them, so he could keep all his money as pre-orders at GameStop. When a game came out, he'd transfer his order to a new game coming out. He could withdraw by cancelling a pre-order and pulling his money out.

Yes, because their motivation for buying garbage isn't to play it but to gain credit in social circles for the most part.

Ah, never had anyone do that, but yeah, at least while I was there you could definitely do that and get away with it, though it'd be a question of how long you got away with it if the manager gave a fuck about it.

much like the wii u and the 3ds I really doubt anyone is going to make homebrew worth a shit and it's not like there's stuff that would even warrant pirating on the switch

its an obsolete nvidia tablet no special hardware emulating this and the rest of this gen is going to happen give it time

I don't see why the manager or gamestop in general would want you not to deposit your money in preorders. It's an interest free loan to them, gamestop is the winner here.

Yes, because their motivation for buying garbage isn't to play it but to gain credit in social circles for the most part.
Then why wouldn't they just say they own the games? Also the online numbers don't lie. Otherwise multiplayer games like COD and Overwatch on consoles would just be empty. Like I said I think you're just acknowledging a portion of normalfags.

shit.

Canceling a preorder makes it a -1 in their count, and changing a preorder just makes it a net zero. The money itself also doesn't count to the store's bottom line until you actually pick up the game, so even at best you're just wasting their time. Even then, most managers probably wouldn't give a shit… except for the fact that corporate HQ is batshit insane and grades stores on, among other criteria, average dollars per transaction. In other words, the transactions they'd need to ring to fuck with those preorders would actually lower their ranking. It's fucking ludicrous.

These aren't exactly smart people.

Didn't EA fake online numbers multiple times to hoodwink their investors?

Well there's always going to be the literal 7 year olds, that's a given.

I still think you're giving the beasts too much credit.

They're not smart consumers
Dunno. But you would still have to provide evidence that EVERY online game on consoles also do this.
You really think they make the the entirety of the online community for consoles? Granted they take up a lot but still.
Like you said, these aren't smart people. And they love to play mind numbing garbage. What else are they going to do in their free time? Read a book?

Not really, once would be enough to prove that the numbers can't be blindly trusted.

And PC too, god knows how many middle school kids came in every week to buy League of Legends or Steam cards.

Socialize, sportsball, fuck, the usual normalfag shit.

Lad, ARPANET could legally drink alcohol in the year 2000.

It's EA. Other major companies MIGHT follow suit but you're essentially making an argument out of some flimsy evidence.
I think it's both honestly. But kids in gaming is always going to be a formidable number because they have more free time. Still doesn't negate the fact that there's plenty of normalfags who play on console.
You do this with your mid
Otherwise known as EA sports which probably compromises most of their profit.
Got me there.
Either way unless you have numbers that prove most normalfags don't even take the games they pay money for out of the wrappers I'm inclined to not believe you in the least. The fact that you think the majority of the console AAA game market makes its money off of people who don't play the games they buy is pretty retarded and is based off of nothing but a likely fraction of the normalfag community. I will say that there are most like certain games that normalfags buy and play for 2 days and then never touch again though. Which is probably where you're getting your numbers from.

Talking about when it started to get the attention from a wider audience who were less informed with computers. I'm probably off a few years but you get what I was implying.

he means publicly available internet

EA is basically half of the West, with the other half being Activision. Either way, I'd say it's reason enough not to blindly swallow the numbers as facts, but then I'm a suspicious person by nature.

Normalfags are by far more likely to spend a significant portion of their time watching real sportsball on TV than playing Maddenball.

That's fair, and the same goes in reverse.

It only sounds retarded because you have the capability for intelligent thought, and think that all human beings share this capability. I've seen far too much evidence to the contrary to share that belief.

Since there is a hard mod on its way, I think there isn't a bad time to buy the switch. I'm excited to see how that hard mod works, but unlike soft mods/cfw, it's not going to be ran by cucks who pussy foot around piracy to the point where you have to wait for the cracks to be cracked.

And either way there's still more than enough people who flood the multiplayer games so even if they're inflated, they still make up a good sum of the community. I don't doubt EA would pull that shit but to what extent they would inflate it is the more important question.
They do both. When a game isn't playing on TV I bet they play FIFA or Madden.
Well at the very least I can say that many of the games DO have a community based on the fact that the games aren't completely empty.
I don't have faith in normalfags but I don't think they're mouth breathing retards so much as malleable morons. I think they're smart enough to buy a game and actually play it. But there's likely a segment of them who don't and that's who you're thinking of.

Well the detachable controllers are part of what makes it unique. The way they're marketing it with Labo is retarded, but basically they're trying to give life to those weird plastic add ons kids used to buy for their Wii. Basically you would put a joycon into a gun shaped skin and then it becomes a light gun in game.

In the "please be patient I'm retarded" kind of unique way sure.

That's not the same thing as actual age, idiot. Newsgroup culture was well developed before a bunch of 10 year olds poured in and ruined everything.

Absolutely, considering that's the only reason those franchises still exist. That said, when you have literal 24/7 sports networks, I'm pretty sure they're still spending more time masturbating to that than anything else.

Maybe I'm just jaded, but I can't help but see that as too idealistic.

Yeah, but they're also the stupidest part, and they really ought to make something with the controls on the actual machine, and make it something you can easily slip in and out of your pocket on the train.

I'm inclined to think that there's a wider variety of sports fans who don't do this.
If there's ever anything more difficult than getting a fair survey it's getting a fair survey from people who are honest about their video game habits. At the very least we can agree on that.

3DS has multiple games that don't fucking work since only one guy wants to put the effort into fixing that shit.

user, fucking pls.

Why would people work on an emulator for a system with no games?

I hear the switch uses E fuses, will anyone confirm?

everybody already knows that Holla Forums is only the same 10 people posting
there's no reason pretending otherwise any further

I miss when the only two people on imageboards at any given time were you and Will Smith on a supercomputer.

Yes

Like I said, for the challenge of making it work I just want it to happen so I can play Metal Wolf Chaos

I was hoping the timing for a mod solution would come out closer to the next Switch model, which should hopefully have a few solid improvements, so Nintnedo wouldn't have as much time to react. Then again, they probably see these things coming along further ahead anyway.