What are some mediocre, around a 6/10 or low 7/10, games/devs that you can't really recommend...

What are some mediocre, around a 6/10 or low 7/10, games/devs that you can't really recommend, but still really like regardless?

Personally I can't ever say Shin'en has made a truly "good" game, but I still like all their stuff regardless.

The moment you stop shooting, the game is just absolute shit. Thankfully, there's things to shoot.

I got to mention to this under rated masterpiece. This game gave you so much FUCKING freedom that I am still pining for a proper sequel with versus multiplayer. It was janky as fuck but once you got over that barrier a 10/10 game is unveiled where every single level becomes a playground of autism and ragdoll physics. The only slight against this game is you can't replay stages to their fullest. You can only fight each boss once per playthrough but they were some of the most difficult and cheesable boss battles ever.

SMT IV

at least you can bunnyhop in it.

it survived thanks to zelda and odyssey, its just padding itself right now.

Alpha Prime is a generic Scifi FPS from 2007 by Black Element Software(later swallowed by Bohemia Interactive) with the slow motion function that was popular back at the time.
It does nothing special and the story isn't anything to write home about, but for what it is I had a solid late 2000 FPS experience with it and encountered no bugs during my entire time playing it.
So all in all an extremely mediocre experience, yet I didn't feel cheated for having paid for it back in the day and spend my time on it.
I miss developers like that, people who might not be geniuses to produce the next tripple A blockbuster or the next cult classic, but are yet competent enough to produce a functioning game.

I own all of Shin'en's scrolling shooters and I find it amazing how each one has its own particular problems. I don't know why they could never make one "just right", feels like they were really close sometimes.

Don't forget Zelda was also a Wii U port.

yeah but I don't really count inferior versions unless they offer something interesting. the wii u version is the worst version.

The Wii U version is the original and the Switch version is literally a port. They were designing it for Wii U ages before the Switch existed, and the in-game tablet was supposed to have dual screen functionality on the Wii U gamepad, which got cut to make it a Switch launch title instead. But when they decided to make it a Switch launch title, it's not like they remade the whole fucking game from scratch for the Switch hardware. It is, in the most strict definition of the concept, a port. The only difference between the two version is resolution, and that's like saying that emulated versions of games are the superior version to the original hardware because you can run them at 1080p with AA instead of standard def.

It has all the ingredients to be a great game, but it feels half assed on everything it does.

This game was way ahead of its time and is one of my favorite games ever. I felt Jean Luck is a better solid snake. This is a 10/10 game for me. So many unlockables and one of the best most involving storylines ever. The only game that tried to emulate its storytelling style is Black Ops II

I remember renting this with a bunch of other shit for my cousin one weekend and by the time I got to it I was expecting just complete crap and was blown away by how actually playable it was.

It's just an all around "Meh" game, and not even the shooting itself stands out in any way.

Parallel Lines is just a zombie stitched up with bits and pieces from Driv3r, they knew they had wasted tons of money on an inferior product, so they just grabbed Driv3r and turned it into Parallel Lines. It's just a zombie, it's just there and it doesn't do anything interesting, heck, even the story feels weak and somewhat unfinished.

To this day I've never seen a game crash and burn so spectacularly.

I enjoyed playing Syphon Filter The Omega Strain. Fucking janky as fuck but you got to make your own spy and dick around in pretty large maps.

Another difference iirc is the switch would lag at random parts of the game the wii u had no problems with upon release, though this has been patched now.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is not a great game. It's a simple isometric action game with puzzles, designed for co-op. But it's classic Lara and not the nuLara shit from the last two games.

Great game. Like Jet Force Gemini it was a bit too ahead of its time and the system and the controller couldn't really handle it.

battle system and maybe story can be fun
I still find myself coming back to this every few years, they keep adding new stuff to it.
Also I'd like to say fuck dragonspyre's crafting quest, it's sadistic.
Death is the best school

ignore flag, forgot I had it on

yeah except they walled off a good chunk of the things to shoot as day one DLC

yes it's bad.
no it's not worth shit.
I sitll can't not love it for some reason

Ironically enough, I find Iridion II to be the best shooter they've made, and that was one of the first. Nanostray are fine, but Nano Assault can suck a dick, that game desperately needed a dodge function.
As shallow as it'll sound, I tend to play Shin'en games basically entirely for the presentation. The kind of graphics they're able to squeeze out of underpowered hardware is astonishing, and though I never played it, IIRC Jett Rocket 1 is basically full on retail tier in length/content.

That being said, not a single game from them has really had a mechanic that's grabbed me, they tend to reuse a lot of the visual tricks, within the games content starts getting repetitive, and there's not really much beyond the presentation.
And their games lack polish in the gameplay department, the original FAST being probably the biggest offender, with it being near impossible to gain on the lead. Neo is better with the ability to switch without burning meter, unless I'm mistaken on that, but it also lacks any real gameplay depth. Even F-Zero Climax is more involved.

So while I personally enjoy all of the games of theirs that I've played, I can't really recommend them to anyone. Not unless you're a sucker for style, and that alone can keep you playing.

Pilgrim's Progress

Fluidly going from enemy-to-enemy, slicing their heads off with wing sticks and cleanly headshotting a few while you wait for them to return is memorably satisfying.

This looks like some tv morning cartoon reject that was too grim dark

OH BOY IS IT!

It also is arguably the WORST xbox original game

This guys knows. God damn was that taser fun, and I kinda liked the weird aiming it had.

u wot m8

This shit right here.

My enjoyment of it comes from a combination of itemization autism and how goddamn satisfying it is to mow down large groups of enemies at once. From an objective standpoint, it's a 5/10 if I'm being really generous.

OMG we're gonna have this discussion again.
Look, it's a simple fact, backed up by data (check for yourself) that the 7 point range (between 60 and 80 on Metacritic due to differing review systems being aggregated together in to a percentile score) is by far the most common review score there is in the gaming industry. Two-thirds to three-quarters of all game reviews fall in that bracket. It is, by definition, the most middling, average score you can get.
It shouldn't be, I understand your point, but it is what it is.

I thought the weapons were satisfying to use and switching between squadmate's bodies was cool, but holy shit was the game ugly and clunky. Fighting the same enemies over and over while doing stupid qte's was garbage too. I still remember it fondly though

I actually enjoy Iridion 3D the most. Awful and confusing hitboxes aside, I like it because it is the most genuinely arcade-like shooter they've made.

Might as well suck dick, all women and a bunch of dudes do it, they can't be wrong by your standards

I played this game and you are objectively wrong. Most weapons had no weight behind them and felt terribly ineffective.

You don't belong here; Go home.

I remember differently

Yeah I don't see any flaws, Aside from it being easier then normal Pac-Man

good score man, i love Spiral too, but my favorite level is Junction

Jean Luck for Warriors All-Stars 2.

I still enjoy it from time to time.

All they had to do was to not try to be GTA.

That was pretty decent, fun just beat up enemies, jump to the top screen, beat someone there, jump back down and then throw your hammer at someone far away or just rip a column out (that collapses any platforms on the top screen) to throw at an enemy.
Just don't play too many levels at once otherwise it will get repetitious.

(heiled)
Probably helps that both Wii U and Switch versions were released on the same day (unlike Twilight Princess) so theirs less regret purchasing factor.
It's not like buying a Wii U titles years ago and thinking, oh boy this game totally won't get a slightly enhanced port to Nintendo's next console that will make me regret buying this Wii U version!

I actually came to this thread to post that.

Dante's Inferno.

Overall pretty medicore but it's not actually bad at anything, and has pretty good visual and environmental design

I used to rent this one quite a bit. Never found it to buy though. It's also one of the few ps2 games that I can't get running in a playable state with an emulator.
Perhaps it is time I modded one of my ps2s or just went and tracked a copy down to buy.

True, I played this turd 2 years ago. It had every bad fps gimmick since hl2 in it.

That was actually bait. I was starting to get worried how nobody caught it.

Hahahahaha

The other games will never ever be translated to English

This piece of wood right here. It's such a B-game, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. It's just a linear series of levels where you shoot the aliens and the plot gets delivered via walkie-talkie with optional hidden pick-ups for side-stories and background plot. Honestly, if you're looking for a throwback FPS you could do much worse.

This thread is about bad/average games you love for some reason, not niche games that are amazing.
My GF and I spent an entire day in bed playing this once. We started at the same time, went through the entire singleplayer story side-by-side, and then when we'd both finished we spent the night waging war against each other. It is, without doubt, one of the best days of my life. To this day when she asks if there's been another game like it that we can play together.

Get out

What's he so happy about

I'd say life is strange but it's 8/10 at least though

That's not true, the Wii U version was even worse with the lag and framerate drops, an still is.

ew

I never hear anyone talk about the PS2 version. Is it any good?

its the best version really.

Honestly if it didn't cost a ton to play this like every other subscription MMO I probably would have been super into this game tbh. Anything with cards really.

Good video