Not a single good online shooter in years

Yeah shooters are kinda garbo atm. I thought about getting pubg when it came out but then I found out about the massive china infestation and how the devs won't fix because too many shekels made off banning the hackers because they make so much cash selling lootboxes it's a literal job for them. Fuck that noise.

you could try an old LAN shooter, OP
one of the biggest problems are finding good people to do it with

Just lower your standards OP and play games that are only kinda shit :^)

It'll never happen, but shit like this is why we need another market crash. We need to weed out shit like this.

Ahem

There has been one good shooter, OP.

I think OP is looking for a pvp game, and warframe's is laughably dead.

Pretty much. I find myself sticking to older games or the occasional indie title for entertainment these days. There's just too much kikery and ponzy schemes in gaming now.

Case in fucking point get that trash out of here. Anygame where I can literally cheese it to the point I don't have to even shoot or attack and everyone dies is not a good game. Plus grindy as shit.

Things designed to suck your shekels out of your wallet faster than you can shoot a big nose off.

Not an argument.
You play the same 6 maps in Q3, you play the same 6 maps in WF.
It's the same shit.

Replaying the same content over and over.
All online shooters are grindfests by definition.

The fact you just said that tells me you're shitposting and badly.

i unironically enjoyed titanfall 2 but the fact that EA killed respawn and the stupid MOBA-esque "hero" style titans instead of customizable machines left me wishing they had just made an expansion to TF1

I literally live 2 minutes away from the building of the guys who make this game and I have personally met many of it's creators and yet I still know this game is just fucking COD with mechs.

I hate this mindset. It's never going to change if you don't play it yourself and get others in the game.
I've been shilling for Midair pretty hard, the game has serious potential and just hit 0.30 which has a lot of new art assets, optimizations and is gearing up for the free to play launch of the game with a unlock/progression system, the game is looking far more finished now and I can see it launching in spring or summer. I'm a europoor and I can find games during peak times, but you might have to ask the people on disagreement to get in a pub. Plenty of pugs although I never have played it.

Multiplayer is a meme, when are you going to git gud and start speedrunning classic FPS's?

Midair? what's that?

Midair is literally the game I was thinking of when I put that. I shilled that game harder than anyone. I even made a fucking Youtube video just to shill it. But the thing is, until it goes Free to Play in April I can't expect very many people to play it. As soon as April starts though I am making weekly threads on it here so at least I can play it with the people here.

That isn't what grinding is. Most of the stuff I did in WoW pre-Cataclysm was different from other content, but it was still a grind. A grind in video games means tedious gameplay where each individual state (battling monsters, for instance) is not much different from the gameplay before or after it. Old Final Fantasy is the perfect example: you'd change environments often enough, but it was still a grind because of the way you played through each one.

I hadn't played TF1, but from what I hear the "limitless customization" was mostly a meme people forced to try and ignore the Stryder titans with 40mm cannons because they were all you'd ever see. I can see why people would dislike the new titans, but they had enough personality to draw me in, and their customization options were still interesting enough.

I mean, Respawn made a CoD so good it ruined the industry for a decade. Titanfall 2 is probably the best low-TTK hitscan CoDlike ever made, and frontier defence/last titan standing are still there if you dislike shooting pilots.

I know your pain. Your best bet is to just shift genres and find something else to get really into. I never thought I would enjoy them, but I've gotten really into fighting games lately. I'd recommend it since they've got a pretty high skill ceiling, are fun to play at any level, has many thriving communities - online and local, are fun to watch and the games out there are bursting with character.

It's never gonna be the same, but shooters just aren't going to get any better between the popularity of MOBA shooters, matchmaking systems, and an overall huge lack of interest. Some games have some very small niche communities, but those are generally halfway dead.

That's just your perception or something you don't like.
If you find levels in meatboy tedious, do they become grinding as well? Fuck no.

That's really hot and makes me wonder if titanfall lewds exist now.

I agree that it's the best COD clone ever made (in fact I tell my Respawn friend that every time he tries to shill it to me) but it's still a COD clone. Change the TTK and take out regenerating health and it could be amazing but until then it's an otherwise great game with a bad core.

CPMA is still fairly alive if you can handle only being able to play with the kind of person who can play the same game for 15 years solely for the purpose of dumping on naive newbies.

i never said that, because you're right, there were some meta builds that were pretty common. the difference is there were two or three that i can remember, but the biggest thing for me is that as stupid and gay as this term is i found TF1 endlessly immersive to the point of causing me to actually sweat while playing and the customization was an enormous part of that

i'm a turtler in games and i'm a gigantic pussy, but titanfall is the only FPS i've ever played that unlocks that primal part of me that wants to drive them before me and make endless, nonstop, fast paced war. the fact that I could customize my titan, down to the voice i miss my qt russian ai so badly and make it feel like my own was huge. that and the constant first-person perspective. even during executions; the endless swapping from first to third to first person in tf2 wasn't necessarily bad but it just fucking didn't need to happen. it felt cool as all hell to snap someone's neck so hard that their head turned around backwards looking you right in the eyes. now you're doing karate and all sorts of shit and the camera is out so you can see your EBIN EXECOOTIONS