Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition

Someone put Squeenix out of their misery before they unleash Final Fantasy XVI.

And here's the awful comparison trailer.

Well we already went through the YAAAASSSS QUEEN SLAY bullshit with Lightning, so at least I don't think it will be a cunt protagonist, and it couldn't be any worse than XV.
Let's just get on with it, Square.

What exactly is wrong about this?
There is a chance it doesn't completely suck for a mobile game. You are too late to save the franchise from being a casual game at any rate, that chance died when the second FF movie was made.

Because mobile games are capable of more, and this is just lazy, and FFXV wasnt great outside of the combat system.

I heard FFXV's combat was shit but I wouldn't know because I've never played a Final Fantasy game before.

Compared to the shit they did with FFCorridor simulator edition (read:anything with lighting) it's pretty decent. At least this system let's you actually play!

Why? They either make this or fucking leather couch 4k face. There's just no winning.

This game will never stop making me laugh.

Its pretty pathetic when you can play the psp FF games through an emulator perfectly fine, yet Square can only make this shit version for phones as if they were developing for the original ds.

In my opinion the combat was the only good part of the game and should be the combat system in XVI with some more bells and whistles. Assuming they don't just make another MMO.

A portable adaptation of a big name game? Never seen that one before…

t.Gamerant
I don't know why they decided to use that quote for their trailer.

That's no excuse, especially if they can make better visual quality games for mobile phones. Just look at Mobius, that would look good on a last gen console for god's sake. This looks like it belongs on the GBA or 3DS from like 2007

That's all well and good, but what I want to know is how many cup noodles do I need to buy to have Lunafreya sit on my face?

They're usually just low effort cash grabs.

I wanna fuck Noctis

I really wish Square had more styles other than "horrifically clashing pseudorealism" and "bottom of the barrel chibishit".

They use to but not anymore.

What if it was already done ?
From some recent reports, it is slightly supposed that XVI is already released. Under the name "Brave Exvius". With the "Exvius" hiding the XVI under a salad word.

I know deep in my kokoro that FFXXX will be the best game ever.

So, this "game" gonna release with the Volta GPU?

nobody cares and stop posting.

I have a Japanese tutor who looks like Gentiana

Top tier faggotry user, good on ya.

That fucking moo thats actually Shiva. She could have one shotted the big bad and I wouldn't have had to deal with chapter 13. But no she had to be a lazy fuck.

What is this image even supposed to be?

was xv bad? i dont play any of them final fantasies types, i thought it was liked
have i been blindsighted? is it bad because of all the advertising or is it other reasons? i was kind of wanting to play it

Its pretty decent. Annoying main character and shitty Chapter 13 ruin it though.

that seems bearable enough for me to play through it i guess, ive played through worse

Final Fantasy is pretty much good game with one or more fatal flaws that ruin the rest of it: the series™ with the exception of 13. That one's just plain shit all around.

Its worth it for the bad guy. They nailed that one aspect of the game I will give them that.

The bad guy was pretty good, even had a legit reason for the shit he did in hindsight, plus he looks like Tom Baker back when Doctor Who was actually a fun show and not a suckjust vehicle for black people in Victorian London.

why not just copy how the models look from the DS games, if they were gonna do something like that?

It kind of looks like a different person made each of those models on the right.

It's not a matter of technology. Realistic characters were possible on the goddamn PS1, and today's cheapest smartphones run circles around that. This is about not giving a fuck or lacking the talent to do it right.

Maybe the dev tried to give him the texture of a basketball… because he heard the expression "basketball-american" and didn't know what it meant.

Is that ignis?

He has eyes, so no.

The hardware has become more powerful and the barrier to creating a game is lowered. You used to require programmers and designers who were able to use the most of a system. Now any code monkey can be part of a team that hacks together a piece of junk. There's a lot less risk if you fail since everything is less expensive to develop. Plus there's more users than ever and a lot of them have a low standard.

You forget that shit was supposed to play on a TV not on a 5 inch screen

Well Ignis did.
post a 4k image of one of the main characters, they probably didn't get the basketball treatment.

god damn I miss CC and Soul Edge

Why contain it?

And that game also had more expressive characters.

All right, here's a handful of recent mobile games. See how they DON'T have cartoony graphics? Now, nothing against cartoony graphics, they are cool - if it was a stylistic choice from the start, and if it's done competently. But for FF15, it's not the way the game is supposed to look, and it doesn't even look good.

(checked myself)
Note, when I say "cartoony graphics" maybe I should have said "realistic proportions and designs" or something like that.

It’s a photo of gentiana before she was actually given a name

it's not ff15. its ff15 mobile. They're going for a different look and it's refreshing to see an aesthetic that isn't just a worse looking clone of the existing game or just yet another realistic looking game.

I don't get the outrage. It's actually nice to see some experimentation. Maybe get over your irrational hate boner some time.

It doesnt look good though.
FFIV DS looked better than this crappadoodle

yeah, I agree it doesn't look particularly good. It looks odd. Bitching about it not looking realistic is just embarrassing however.

I only watched my roommate play bits and pieces of FF15, it looked absolutely boring
The end fight was so incredibly lackluster I kept waiting for something else to happen and it didn't
Can someone tell me something in this game was actually good?

No, I can't, other than the combat system.
I waited for this game, for 10 fucking years.

I actually thought the combat was the worst part about XV.

But the combat suck shit you faggot. 1 button spam with no true block/dodge mechanic, magic boils down to throwing grenade,QTE for muh cinematic takedown.

Are you the kind of fag that defended the World of Final Fantasy artstyle

world of ff looks better, sorry it's not western enough for you

the bear bones combat was honestly the only thing genuinely bad about XV. but for a FF, let along any game that is a huge problem

honestly the same could be said of eastern characters as well

the difference is someone deliberately designed the former, nature designed your example

Curb your shitposting

Oh wait, this is bait.

I wasn't talking about my picture. Japanese video game characters tend to be very similar. If you looked at a list of all Japanese video game characters in monochrome, you'd have difficulty telling them apart since usually the only difference tends to be the hair and eye color.

Did anyone else read the "surprisingly wonderfull" quote attributed to Polygon as "surprisingly it's not a video game!"

Why do devs take polygon seriously at all considering their documented inability to actually play games? Is it some sort of reverse stockholm syndrome?

forest for the trees

Lets try it right now, now you go

Both are god awful.

fence sitting faggot detected

Outdated lol

face only, just like in
Armor and clothing gives a lot away, which is probably why the image in shows just the head

IMAGINE MY SHOCK

I GUESS THEY SHOULD BE A COLOURFUL SPECTRUM OF DIVERSE CHARACTERS?

crop away just the faces then, lets see if you really have any ground to stand on. So far you're looking pretty stupid

hold up there son, the lips are too deflated, the eyes not blackened and the skin too white

How about you do the legwork cunt seeing as how you're so sure in the superiority of jap character design you have nothing to fear.

I did already, it's pretty telling that the only characters that could abstract from the image were the japanese designed ones.

It's taking you an awful long time, 5 whole mins to edit some images…

you forgot to change IDs back, I was telling you to do it, I'm busy playing video games

I feel all the more accomplished making two distinct people who are saying the same thing feel like retards then, still waiting for you to crop those images son

they all look pretty different and aren't even video game characters, except maybe one but that's a stretch. here lets revisit a classic

I'm pretty sure that FF16, if it ever comes out, will most certainly be a PS5 game, no way will they make another on in this console generation.

Well obviously someone who is familiar with the series can tell you who each one is. I'm sure there are some anons here who can tell you the name and game each of those characters are from.
And yeah, I realize I forgot to choose only video game characters, but the point still stands. If you took the texture for a 3D JRPG character and showed only the face, no hair, and in monochrome, you couldn't tell the difference in 9 out of 10 cases. Don't even get me started on touhou. I'm not saying western video game character design is good, I'm just saying Japanese character design isn't any better.

Learn to multitasking nigger. unless you're a poorfag with 1 monitor setup

Go multitask somewhere else you nipnigger.

the only one you can identify being the Japanese designed one is the best part about the image

square needs to sort out its directorial management issues. I think they went into vs13 not even knowing what kind of game it was going to be, which is 100% the wrong way to approach making a video game. I can imagine the pitch for bravely default "we want to make an old style console rpg like final fantasy 5 with the job system but expanded." I can imagine the pitch for nier automata, but I can't fathom the pitch for ff13vs/15.

lad, get it together

It's like one of those chad memes now that I think about it.

But who's the Chad in FF7?

Do you have any actual points to make?

the original guy that cloud is cosplaying as

Cid "sit down and drink your goddamn tea" Highwind

Bartz.

More than kinda lazy port of console game. I don't think so, while lazy is at least it is full deal.
If I will be able to play entire FFXV on train and without microtransactions, I will be happy.

I think it is Bravely Default kind of deal but in BD the team is made of people that can be generalized as not fat teens. In FFXV had very varied characters on their team, so they kinda drew them differently like they did first boss in BD.
They overdid it but it is not huge problem that they are not that similar.

Fucking finally someone with sense. Humans and everything we do is part of nature. Our cites and even our gadgets are no different than the shit otters and bees build.
I am also of a standpoint of if another animal can't survive us it doesn't deserve to survive as we humans are a natural occurrence. Your fucking with Darwinism if you save them.

Red XIII

Since we're powerful, it's perfectly natural to keep failures of animals like the panda alive, because they do us the service of looking iconic. Kind of like cows, but nearly dead so people bitch about them

>implying western games are designed to adhered to the qualities of the natural world and aren't attempts to (((subvert))) them at every attempt
son, where have you been?

i dont care what anyone says, i really fucking liked those sidescrolling splinter cells. they were fun as shit

Replacing all characters with girls isnt the fucking answer, god dammit.
What the fuck is wrong with you faggots?

But you probably have no problem with any of the girl characters japan shits out. Replacing males with "cute" isnt helping anything. Why do you want a world where all fictional characters east or west are girls? this is just as bad as feminism! it's the same fucking thing, just look at touhou fags.

I want to headpat Gentiana.

Annoy one enough.
I fucking dare you.