Ex-Stalker Devs Developing Battle-Royale Game

please use archive.is/fear-the-wolves-is-an-incoming-battle-royale-game-from-ex-stalker-devs/
windowscentral.com/fear-wolves-takes-you-chernobyl-new-battle-royale-experience
windowscentral.com/fear-wolves-takes-you-chernobyl-new-battle-royale-experience

Is this some kind of cruel joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Uw2G1
please
archive.fo/QwDUY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Someone used the monkey's paw

Oops pardon my autism,

archive.is/Uw2G1
please use archive.is/2018/2/7/16984774/fear-the-wolves-vostok-games-battle-royale-focus-home-interactive-announcement

Fuck me, archive.fo/QwDUY

T-thanks tovarish

Wish granter confirmed.

The actual devs who made Stalkan are either at 4A or GSC

So now all these retarded devs are going to fall for "we want pubg audience"-meme?

Didn't Vostok hire some of the ex-stalker devs? Not like it mattered, last game Vostok made was complete fucking shit anyways. Survivarorum or something like. It tried to be basically counter strike with slav skins and failed miserably.

Or in this case, the wish granter.

wewo laddo, the ukrops sure have sunk low

As far as I know, Vostok has GSC devs that have been around after SoC was released. Could be wrong, though. But the old guard behind SoC or the guys who actually know what they're doing are now either currently in 4A or rotting in GSC.

they had their funding pulled some time ago, so this is actually saving the company, so its bittersweet

Means literally nothing. Each Stalker game was developed by different set of devs.

I'm sure it was some dickhead marketer's idea that the game be abbreviated as FTW, although I keep reading the title as "The Fear Wolves"

GTFO, it can't be

During the development of the stalker games, everyone in russian did some part in making it.
There are multiple "ex-stalker dev" made games.
Look at survarium, escape of tarkov, stalker online/szone to name a few off the top of my head.

These are the guys that made Survivarium

Well shit nigga, this is going to be absolute garbage then.
Did they abandon survarium after it turned out to be trash?
What ever happened to the PVE mode that they said they were going to release 5 years ago?

In other news, the Robocraft devs are also going to try their hand at a Battle-Royale game.
It's going to combine the autism of the Battle-Royale crowd with the autism of block builders.

Wasn't that basically how it was before?

Currently it's more MOBA-like. This is supposed to add open world maps and the ability to switch out vehicles you find.

Last I played it was 10v10 thrown into a small shitty map with horrible netcode.

The core game got changed a few times. When I started playing you just had to occupy the other team's base long enough to win. Now you have to control points and gather resources to have your team's mcguffin laser be strong enough to destroy the other team's base first.

I'm pretty sure at this point none of them work at GSC anymore. I think most of them did go to 4A after SoC.

Tarkov has exactly one former STALKER dev on the team. That hardly counts.

I guess battle royale games is the new ASSFAGGOTS. What acronym shall we christen this genre as?

Yea, but when the game is discussed people like to throw that out there and make it seem like it's going to be the next stalker.

You mean shills

This is exactly what I thought.

I want to make a game called Green Team: Field Ops now.

cause they're retards

This is going to be a big failure. We're back to Call of Duty "killers", only this time they're trying to ape PUBG.

Its not really surprising that anything succussful is copied like mad.

My fucking sides.

If Stalker was so great why did it die?

Because you cannot get away rehashing the same game two times in a row and fuck up the first rehash and barely get to the same quality on the second rehash.

Go back to Moes

It is up to every user to raise awareness to this "copy the popular guys" and ensure that normalfags don't spend money on the game or any other with "the next famous thing in video games".
Want to stop the cancer? Make normalfags stop spending their money on the cancer.
Star Wars was brought down. Anything can be brought down.

I for the most part still can't believe the battle royal thing fucking took off. I don't understand how casuals liked PUBG in the first place. Not saying it's a "hardcore" game by any means but a game where you can wander around for 10 minutes with nothing happening then get sniped doesn't seem like it would take off with casuals

what

Do a search and you will know about the fall of Star Wars by the hands of normalfags and anons.

Normalfags have no brain. The marketing told them to like it, so they liked it.
That is why they must be lead to hate and avoid those games.

The wish granter doesn't twist wishes, it just grants your deepest ones that you may not be conscious of.

I'd assume it's similar to fast paced roguelikes in making people want "just one more run". In Fornite you can just join a new game as soon as you die so I assume PUBG is the same. It's basically like a fruit machine, most of the time you have a shitty match but the occasional decent one spurs them on.

I doubt Strelok's deepest wishes were any of those three outcomes.

it always sounds more like the behavior of addicts than some one enjoying a game

Honestly I'm OK with this.

Who used monkey paw?

You're so fucking naive, we live in a cyberpunk world user.

Nigger these fucks aren't the devs, they're hacks with maybe one or two people who worked on CoP.

No, we don't. Companies are being brought down by the sheer amount of complains from anons.

No they fucking aren't you delusional nigger.

I'm sure with standards like that, you'll be happy with this abomination.

"complains" from anons don't take down companies. Companies don't give two shits about you or me over here on Holla Forums. We represent 0.0001% of all gamers and that's represented in the profit margins of games we consider dumpster fires doing huge numbers regardless. Companies only care about money, the majority of which comes from normies.

Yo i'd stick my cock in that.

b-based slavs! Saviors of the western industry! Japan and the west BTFO! Why can't they just be more like the based superior slavs?

And the impotent soyboy exposes himself.
Yeah, as sure as the Activision insider "did not give a fuck about Holla Forums and everything was fine", companies "don't care about us, right?", and then, we take them down one by one.
We are winning, making normalFAGS hate the mainstream gaming more and more, without any replacement for them to companies to extort.
Our complains are taking down companies. Even more than before.

Wasn't sure if it was you at first but now I am.

Got the game for free from friends, so whatever.

>implying a loud minority, which is what we are can't raise enough stink to sink a project

He's taking about the wish greater from the movie.

"Stalker devs" also made C-O-D C-L-O-N-E Survarium.

That isn't even worth sharing with others user, why are you makings us aware of this shitty joke?
Wasn't 2018 supposed to be a good year?
What is next? A Tribes battle royale just to rub the salt on our wounds?

mite b cool

Battle Royale games really need a stronger PvE element. Even if it's just map hazards.

There's that Crytek game, Hunt Showdown. But that's not really a battle royale, since the main objective is to kill a monster–the game just allows you to kill other players (and incentivizes it since you can steal trophies from dead players).

But yeah, a PUBG-clone where you could actually use the environment to your advantage (beyond just the random-ass blue zone or bombing) might be pretty good.

This user gets it.
All companies are afraid of our complains, for we reached normalfags and now most of them are aware of the whole kikery.
Push more, and soon they will all just associate big companies = shitty products. From there, everything else can be implemented.
We are winning, and the defeatists trying to move attention away from it are proof enough of it.

Did the STALKER thread die?

Hold on… that guy in the picture… isn't that all just mix-matched pieces from the various armors in Survarium?!?! Not even joking, it's the exact same models and everything!

Bringing back zombies maybe a good idea. Welp. Back to DayZ. Full circle.

I want to make a moba, battle royal, team character style third person shooter with light tcg elements

The cycle continues.

I'm already sick of this game style and I haven't even played one yet.

Thats like saying "Miyamoto also teased that "floating platforms" inhabit the mushroom kingdom, but didn't say if it factors into gameplay.
Either they factor into gameplay or there's no point in mentioning them. What are they, fucking background sprites?

Everyone I know really liked all the original arma 2 zombie missions. Having to navigate through pitch black bullshit, fighting off hordes and resupplying at checkpoints along the way because everyone had fuck all ammo

I haven't seen many people unironically say "based slavs" and the very few who do obviously don't fucking remember that massive shitshow that was The War Z.

>You have no money to pay for your shitty totally stalker devs heh studio
>Decide to take every single fucking asset from your korean wannabe stalker clone and put them in a "new" Battle-Royale game

I WANT THEM DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE FUCKING OPEN WORLD GAME MODE FOR THEIR GAME 'SURVARIUM' THAT WE WERE PROMOSED BACK IN FUCKING 2015 AND NOW THESE FUCKING SUBHUMANS AFTER COMPLETELY RUINING EVERY LITTLE GOOD THING ABOUT SURVARIUM, THEY ABANDON SHIP AND RE-SELL THE SAME FUCKING GAME NO, THE FUCKING OPEN-WORLD SURVARIUM GAME MODE AS A COMPLETELY NEW AND "DIFFERENT" BATTLE-ROYALE CLONE AND A FUCKING EARLY-ACCESS ONE AT THAT TOO!!!=

YOU FUCKING BOLSHEVIK SUBHUMANS I WILL KILL YOU ALL

inb4 it actually ends up being like playing STALKER online only with permadeath

I wouldn't cal lol a failure with all its success. Considering its popularity despite actual price (free only by name) it is better execution of idea than dota.

I wouldn't mind another Battle Royale type game, since they are going to follow this trend, if they actually did something new with it. To only be locked by the fps genre staples seems very limiting. What if they actually took inspiration from the numerous manga that have spawned from the original Battle Royale movie or manga and did something along those lines.

I know this is a shitty manga plot wise but Btooom could work in a Battle Royale game. You can find weapons, there are dangerous things in the world that can kill you like komodo dragons but your main weapon you start out with are bombs of various types. You have a limited amount and you can get more by killing other players. I think a game of this type could work given that the mangaka was previously involved in games before. If you're going to go down this path devs, don't turn it into another fps subgenre that is just a weaker retarded cousin of the first person shooter. Actually try to do something different for once in your life.

inb4 it's the guys that did the english voice acting for CoP.

>>>Holla Forums

This was posted more or less verbatim with that exact same pic related. Was it you?

Also ray of hope never ever

nothing is really gonna take fortnite off the map currently.
pubg is still suffering from how do i make a battle royale game that isn't filled with cheaters and bug filled expeirence.
other br games that started ages ago lost all of their players or didn't keep an update of content flowing.

The Btoom idea is pretty solid for more than just a "trend" game. I'm sure I'll have more fun trying to dodge bombs and stunt roll or somersault over and under them while throwing my own in return than just being shot from 200m away by someone hiding behind a tree

Did I miss out on some heartwaming news or can I remain dead inside.

We don't need more of these types of games, you dumb fucking assholes stop making pubg clones ekirhgalfjskhgvblkdfhbadlkgjvbhzdfljkvhbzdflvhjzbgv,khgvsghg.kfvetose.haerudlfkbegbag.lgvzu!

Source on the picture? This shit is really spooky.

Everything you love will die

Imagine the meme potential.
We all know it's going to get flooded with cheaters advertising their cheat sites

Heck you are smart machine.

Wish granter should have random spawn place. Circle in the end collapses on the wish granter. You can activate it and make a wish but it takes time (2-5 minutes, number is subject for play testing) so killing all first strategy is no less viable.

There were so many different STALKER developers over the years and so many of them were just interns replacing interns. There have been so many "ex-STALKER devs" pulling stunts like this over the years.

Fuck you

You mean the DayZ clone that isn't even getting its server software released?

There is no circle and no time limit or any sort of other artifical mechanic to force players towards it. It's instead a race and cooperation is allowed and encouraged at certain points but only one gets to be a winner for maximum backstabbery and mind games. At best as time progresses the enviroment will become more dangerous and require better gear to surivive. Better gear is ,naturally, found deeper in the zone to encourage players to move forward instead of picking off the unwary for gear.

There is only one narrow path into the final zone that is blocked by the brain scorcher. To prevent people from camping it, the brain scorcher gives no visual effect when it is turned off, so those that actually turn it off are the ones that have the advantage and not the ones who just camp the entrance and wait for someone else to do all the work for them.

The start should be outside the zone where people either look for hidden caches of shit tier weapons, buy them from traders, or try to steal them from soldiers. To get into the zone the players have to either bribe the soldiers blocking the way, sneak past or break through them. Trying to break through will cause reinforcements to arrive, but they won't chase people into the zone, so that the players are encouraged to get through the post quickly and not loot too much.

God is dead

Stalker 2 was a failed meme, there's no fucking difference between bad ideas and shit. It's all garbage.

Delete yourself.

By that logic PUBG and fortnite battle royale are gigantic successes too, except people hate the games and they are shallow as fuck. Yes, despite popularity.

What's the actual name of that piece? I'd be intrigued to learn more about it.

there's a certain something about finnish memes