MyNintendo Gold Points can be used as eShop funds

nintendo.co.uk/News/2018/February/Coming-soon-spend-My-Nintendo-Gold-Points-in-Nintendo-eShop-on-Nintendo-Switch–1337159.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=MyNintendo|GoldPointsOnEshop|w6

In other words, Gold Points can be used to get games for free, or as partial payment.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.nintendo.com/news/29b8f71f90e837dd
my.nintendo.com/news/699e4d32060f96b4
archive.is/lrgO8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

archive that shit nigger

So they almost had a good idea.
Can I buy cardboard with them, though?

Mate.

OMG Nintendo so based!!

also

You can buy cardboard and then use the points to get some actual vidya. You'd only have to buy 10 of the $60 kits to afford a game that way!

Can't wait to see how the sonyggers are going to spin this.

If you buy PS+, you get Gone Homo for free.
Take that, fag.

PC mustard rice pls go

Eh, it's better than any shit the others are doing. Buy a couple of full-priced big-name titles, get a smaller eShop game for free with play money.
It's going to be amazing to see how this is spun as a bad thing by sonyggers.

It's kinda gay that gold points expire though, and presumably there might end up just straight up not being any rewards for the switch period

There's only suffering for me

Isn't Sony doing some deal where you earn money/rewards for getting trophies ingame? Hopefully this'll force Microsoft to do something similar too. Any pro-consumer practice is a good thing.

You're gonna have to get rid of the head honcho there though.

So they added a system that 3rd party key sites has done for years, only with monopoly cuck tokens instead of real money?

Actually I think Microsoft had that, Sony has their rewards points thing but iirc you get very few points for buying games.

Free*

Pretty much
I'm sure they'll have a cap on each product just like most centralized systems too.

I know it's virtually impossible for a jew to not be ugly as sin but it's surprising how little difference a haircut makes

Mark is a beautiful Mann

Mark is the spitting image of a potato wearing glasses on top of pantyhose stuffed with gelatin.

The fuck is this?

No use calling any of us soyboys you've been caught out every cunt and their Aunt on Holla Forums knows Mark is a massive Nintendo fan boy.
Only an actual cuckchan soyboy wouldn't know that.
I bet your a nigger muslim also.

*You're

Look at this good goy

Holy fuck he is a 4channer.

It's pretty retarded, I know. So those Nintoddlers who were stupid enough to buy on day one got shit on.

Or he's just from /a/

HOLD UP ANONS! I missed the same fagging. They don't know about IDs

Lurk for 20 years newfaggots

If the implication is that gilda is a potato, they're botatesque.

This ain't Neofag where posts count means you're right faggot

You stay shot nigger. You be you.

Why is her right arm (on the left twisted and fucked up?) and her nipple is all WRONG. She only has one nipple?

You have to go back

How is this any different from what they had years ago with Club Nintendo (Which they shut down for an "Upcoming program that's even better")

I'm glad that you at least understood my reply user

You'll never fit in cuckchan

God wills it

I'm fairly sure you only get gold coins by buying other games, don't you?
You get silver coins by getting daily cheevos in their apps, but I doubt we'll ever get a worthwhile use out of that shit

gotta promote good goy behavior, if you're not spending at least 600$ per year then you don't get a "free" game

I miss this
I got a giant ? plush cube that I still own

At least they finally will be getting this shit out before all my fucking points expire. It only took them a goddamn year after the launch of the system to support any rewards on the goddamn thing. Better than nothing, but holy shit did Nintendo fuck up their reward system when they switched to this MyNintendo garbage. You used to be able to get shitty physical toys, then they switched it to fucking phone wallpapers.

It's also next to fucking nothing. You earn Gold points worth 5% of what you pay, meaning buying a $60 game gets you a whopping $3 toward the next game. Real fucking neato, a buy-20-get-one-free system.

How great, be a good goy and buy 20 shovelware in a year and we'll give you another piece of crap for free. The worst part is menchildren will lap it up and give that fucking company even more cash.

Because back then, you got physical goods. Now, you get really cool shit, like fucking wallpapers, and PDF "starter guides" (ie. game manuals).

Its more than that. I did the math, you get back gold point worth 5% value of every digital purchases you made.

So 5% out of $60 game = $3
$3 x 20 = $60
20 x $60 = $1200

So you need to spend $1200 a year to get enough gold point to redeem a single game.

It's even worse than I though

Hopefully you'll be able to get Nintendo memorablilia like you used to do with the Nintendo Club

Doesn't even say how much the coins are worth.

It's been up for over a year and you still can't. Just shitty digital goods. You can drop coins on discounts and a couple actual games, though, but only games that have been out for like 5 years already.

It's in the MyNintendo announcement:

So you have to spend 20 times a game's price to be able to get it without paying. You have to buy $800 worth of stuff to get a $40 game. $1200 worth of stuff to get a free $60 game. Spending $100 gets you a free $5 game.

It's barely even a discount. You get $3 off of something after buying a $60 game.

1 gold point = 1 yen, do the math yourself.

That's even more hilariously terrible.

So the coins are worthless
I can only imagine the poor goy who will try getting coins this way. They reward you for choosing the route that nets them the most money.

If you buy $6000 of physical games, you get one $60 digital game free! What a deal!

The worst part is we all know some stupid soygoy who will defend it.

I guess it makes sense, since they make more money off of digital than physical, but holy shit, that sucks. Sounded like a good idea at first, too.

my.nintendo.com/news/699e4d32060f96b4

It was never a good deal.

I honestly don't know what the problem people have with Labo is. You know you can buy the game digitally and just print out stencils to make your own parts, right? Seems fine for a kiddy minigame collection.

Slurp a chode, kike.

lmao who the fuck browser the internet with made up languages you fucking loser

Reward points are an old scam made by corporations who are desperate to milk people out of their cash by giving the illusion that if they are good enough goyim they can get things for free. It's also used as a way to gather data on people which is then used by (((marketers))) to push more bullshit down everyone's throats while removing what is actually good, since most people are educated to be retarded. It's never a good idea.

You don't get to lecture anyone about language.

Go back to reddit, faggot.

I did not mind them when it was it was to get a cheap virtual console title. The problem with rewards is the more people use them, the less the giver wants to hand out. Or in other terms, to many people were using club nintendo, so now we have even more shitty rewards

I don't know about burgerland but here, every store does this. You can get a bonus/discount card and for every euro you spend, you get a cent to your bonus card that can be spent on purchases, and you also get card-exclusive discounts and shit.
I expected the Nintendo thing to be similar to that, and it is, but even as a good goy, you spend far less money on vidya than you do on food.

If they gave a higher percentage, it'd be good for some indieshit, which apparently does really well on Switch, but it's not that useful now.

OP here. Originally I thought this was good, but now that they revealed how much Gold Points are actually worth, it's now shit.
You only get 5% cashback. (1% for physical purchases.) That means buying one $60 game on the eShop gets you $3 in Gold Points, and buying one physical $60 game only gets you $0.
Nintendo you had one job.

Where I am it's always something extraordinarily Jewish like 1 cent gets you a point and you have to accumulate ridiculous am mounts of points to get a $5 rebate. I've seen a store where you had to get 150 000 points. Not worth getting datamined.

The idea is good, but the math is terrible.

I mean I get the part about using gold points to buy games, over the course of the system life span, you bound to reach the $60 threshold. But why the expiration date? there's no reason for it to exist, its a digital points that you collect as a loyal customers.

You just said it in your first sentence

I mean, it's better than nothing, but not by a whole fucking lot.
Sadly enough, my old Wells Fargo credit card had a rewards system where you get one point per dollar spent, and for every 2500 points you got, you could get $25 back into your account, so that was 1% back. At least I got ten bucks back for paying my rent on it and then immediately paying it off.

Club Nintendo was also a ripoff, but at least it had physical goods that you couldn't get elsewhere. It was valueless, but there was a little bit of fun in getting stupid dollar-store level trinkets (I was smart enough to get things like general purpose tote bags and other generally-useable things that don't lose their novelty and go in the garbage; I still use some of them). They aren't going to ever give you a "good value"–this is Nintendo, after all–but at least it used to be a little fun. Getting a tiny discount for spending money isn't fun.
I'll take something that's fun and valueless over a cold small-value discount.

Suck a dick, jew.

Considering you only get gold points for brand new games from the Switch, this is pretty dumb.

Fuck off kiketendo.

It really isn't, if you plan on using the service regardless there is no downside. Do you think frequent flyer miles are a scam?

Piracy is a better option then this shit.

What are you, retarded?
Kill yourself newfag, this isn't cuckchan

Game system last longer than a year, the gold point does not. You can't collect them, you have to buy minimum 20 games a year, that is too much. You might reach 20 games in 2 or maybe 3 years but then you lost all your points from last year purchases. Even when I was a kid, I got like 1 game a month, and the rest are borrowed from friends. No parents are gonna buy 20 full price games a year for their kids

I think that most people missed that you don't have to buy a game with these exclusively. Apparently they can be used to cover part of a purchase, so if your points are about to expire, you can buy a November release or something and use it as a discount, basically.

Don't get me wrong, I mentioned earlier, the percentages are shit but it seems like anons skipped over that part of the OP.

Because the points are only worth spending if you're buying a AAA game at full price?
Please. People are going to use these as indie eShop bucks. Buy three or four actual Nintendo games a year, spend the credits Gold Coins(tm) on whatever indie shit looks good.

I was going to say it is retarded, but you know, if you think for five seconds you see the real reason for it. So people don't just go and wait games that are sold cheap now, which would happen when retailers want to clear their inventory. This doesn't happen with digital, you always know the price of your products.

The point is moot anyways as Nintendo doesn't have 20 games worth playing on the damn thing total let alone 20 being worth buying in a year.

Nintendo AND Gold?
Mark's diabetic heart's gonna burst oy vey

nice thumbnail, faggot

Club Nintendo Star Points also expired after a year (at least in PAL regions). Also My Nintendo gold points USED to expire after 6 months before Nintendo extended it to a year, still stupid though.

Expires??
First Google play credits archive.is/lrgO8 now this.
What is with these fucking
PRIVATE FIAT CURRENCIES
and expiration dates?
WHAT IS THIS COMPANY STORE TIER HORSE WASH?

It's just another money-making scheme that's used all the time. The premise of the business model is to turn average consumers into more dedicated, reliable ones by providing discounts based on how much they invest in the company. Because the currency has an expiration date, people become more inclined to invest more so it doesn't spoil. It's a model that's often seen in grocery stores and the likes, so we accept it as being completely natural, but the difference is that grocery stores provide essential products.

They have an expiration date since forever.

The only reason i will never buy another Nintendo game is this fucking "reward" program.
They promised only Eurofags know to rework the complete system and make it better. But they made it worse.
They just removed the old EU System and changed it to the American one

Thanks Jewtendo for opening my eyes. I only buy the consoles when homebrew is available so i can download your games for free.
Everything went to shit after death from pic related

Ditto. I still have the messenger bag in near mint condition and the giant AR card. Hell, I'd take a fucking calendar at this point. The physical rewards were the only thing that drew me to the program.

So for every $60 you spend you get $3 in coins, which would be $1,200 in games for $60 in coins. This wouldn't be so bad if the asian jew didn't make your points expire. I can see getting a full game or two out of this in the lifespan of the system, but in order for that to happen you'd need the god damn points.

Fuck this world, fuck this industry, fuck nintendo, fuck e-commerce, fuck you all.

no thanks. if I'm not getting a copy on my doorstep I'm not touching it.