Steambot Chronicles

I'm playing Bumpy Trot in PCSX2. Fucking menus don't work sometimes, but it's otherwise really neat. I'm a little sad that so far, I like the car tires better than walker legs, given it's a mech and not a car, but hey.

Anyone else playing/played this game? I'm terrible at rhythm games so I doubt I'll do much music. I might get better at combat and do arena stuff. Any suggestions for what I should do?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/33SCo
pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well, I have some bad news for you.

Trumpet, then. Only thing you need to do is hold the right stick in one of three directions.

freemcboot master race

On a scale of 1 to FUCKWHY, how fucked am I?

I'd move it to my PS2's hdd but that requires finding my external hookups and finding the software to transfer it all and then hooking up my PS2. Also I doubt it looks great on a bigass LED TV.

I figured Trumpet's the hardest to screw up.

MANDATORY MUSIC SECTIONS
Also it would look THAT bad, I bet it runs better though because this shit chugs in the cities on a ps2 sometimes. I thought I burned the cd wrong but no, it just does that. I just got past the desert and into the main city but dropped it a while back. Maybe I should pick this back up, it was fun
KILLER ELEPHANTS RULE

I just got to the desert. The desert is a void of black on emulator, so PS2 is probably better in that department.

Side note, no one warned me that I'd have to Metal Gear at any point in time in this game. I'm impressed and frustrated. Things never go smoothly. Also got my ass whooped by Killer Elephant's boss and Dudley at Fort Raven. Send help, I need to git gud.

Can you even beat him? He tore me up in like 10 seconds with his wambo combo. Also that big boss fight was pretty fun, shit man I got to go play this right now.

You know, I don't think I ever finished my "antagonistic asshole" run of this. Thanks for the inspiration OP.

It's pretty fun but definitely not without it's flaws. City controls are frustrating, not being able to correct camera controls suck, but I just bought Connie a cute dress and she wore it while in the desert. If I wasn't using an Xbox style controller, the twinstick controls probably wouldn't bother me so much. But this game would be prime for a PC re-release if possible. Cut down on loading times, enhance a few things and it's basically good.

I'm glad to be of service, user. Enjoy your antagonistic playthrough you sick fuck.

Forced music sequences and they're pretty good for money, if you knew how to play. Which means less time trading and ferrying and more time focusing on improving your trotmobile for treasure hunting in the dungeons.
Grab
And throw
There, I just told you the most broken combat mechanic in the game.

Getting the large chassis and either the large regular-joint legs or the six-wheeled legs will help since they provide a fair amount of HP. From there, you can try to meme on the fatass with an iron ball arm. Dude uses horse legs, which means that he has trouble turning (in theory).

Or you could just pick the tub of lard up, throw him against the wall, and position yourself so that he constantly bounces between you and the wall until he blows up.

Someone remake pic related with emulation in mind: it is simply pathetic that you would prefer wading through bugs and faulty emulation just because it's free.

You're eating last month's soup and trying to ignore the things swimming in it, congratulating yourself that at least you're not paying for fresh soup like those happy people who laugh at you. Free shit for shit experiences is a nigger's dream, gamers as enthusiasts should seek only the best.

That's some weak ass bait friend, have a free you.

Depends on what you are emulating. You know that most golden age emulation is better than the original, some other games like Zelda or Mario Kart 8 are better on PC.
Even if you pretend to be smug about it, eventually you will have no other option but to resort to emulate your new systems and games as they become ancient relics.

desire to emulate mostly comes with convenience at the forefront. It's one less machine to have around, more consolidation, one less thing to setup and manage, so there's less thinking, and they usually ignore the faults and deflect with the supposed benefits. The discussion of inaccuracy comes the praise of HD resolutions. The discussion of developer intent suddenly becomes a "what is white?" level of argument in determining developer intent. The discussion of bugs and issues becomes a deflection of "there's fixes for that here!" Even if there is not. They will continue to deflect, obfuscate, and never concede that alternatives exist. They'll play dumb and lie, there is no discussion to be had with emuniggers at this point, only judgement to be made.

objectively wrong.
defeatist fallacy that conflates the false premise that emulation = preservation, ergo it's acceptable to use it now because it'll get better in the future.

(you)
also
How gay can one user be?

And you wonder why people tell you to stay on reddit.

all that pretentious talk and you re just a nigger, i shouldn't even have bothered, just go and fill your blog with your blabber instead of trying to dump it here for you have no more audience .

1. If you want to break the game early on then grind for money by street performing and buy the sniper rifle.
2. Be sure to go the train station in Happy Garland and agree to help them get rid of the bandits. This is going save from having to cross the desert over and over again towards the end of the game.
3. If you want to fuck Connie or Savory, buy an apartment in Happy Garland, get all the basic furniture(i.e. a bed, chair, dining table), give her lots of gifts, bring her back to your apartment, feed and compliment her, then ask her to clean your ears. If you want to fuck the sea captain, do the same thing in whatever that port city is called.

Emulation is largely about preservation.

Also
archive.fo/33SCo

Actually, I was wondering about that. Boulders do a fuckton of damage.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna have to try that later. I just reached Happy Garland, so I haven't looked at what frames are available yet, but ironball is on my list.

Noted, thanks.

That sounds supremely useful, I'll have to do that next. I don't really want to cross the desert more than needed.

Yesplease. I figured I'd be able to buy an apartment eventually, I keep getting random furnishings. I'm also going to save up and buy the Pink dress for Connie, I think. I haven't seen much of Savory to know if I like her more or not, but those are the only two girls I've run into in that list.

Yeah it runs like shit even with the original disc.

But emuniggers will still claim PCSX2 runs better than original hardware. Tip top kek

You won't trick me, Steinberg

This goes both ways with speculation scalper scammers like the HeavyMetalJesus kike and gpu scalpers.

Wait, you're already at Happy Garland? Shit, then you should already have the iron ball available. Combine that with… I think the iron claw, and you'll get Boss Lardass's spiked ball arm.

This is one of the few games that doesn't emulate well. I assume he's using hardware mode rather than software mode if he's having that many glitches though.

You mostly get that with the Xbox and N64, by the way Project64's emulation wasn't open source for a very long time nor were some of the popular plugins for it either and at least open was never made open source.

and at least one was never made open source.

PS2 emulation is pretty solid unlike the Xbox or N64, the number of games that don't work is the minority. However you must play in software mode fires before trying out hardware mode and playing in software mode is very demanding. However one thing that isn't emphasized enough is just how demanding PS2 emulation is, Steambot Chronicles requires a really good machine to run it bug free and 60fps and Danger Free! uses the same graphics engine and is just as demanding as Steambot Chronicles.

You either 100% CPU usage in software mode or dogshit graphics in hardware mode. There's no winning whatsoever in emulating Steambot Chronicles.

Yeah, Hardware modo for 1080p resolution. It's mostly fine.

I only just got to Happy Garland last night and talked to Fennel and had my first forced concert and then saved. I didn't suck at baby's first rhythm game so I got some good money. But I haven't checked the motor shop for any new frames. Heck, I never even got the pickaxe I thought I'd use to mine stuff. The sword I bought feels nearly useless. I'm regretting not buying a bazooka to replace the cannon arm.

Aaaaaaand hanged at Dandelion's meeting. That's one point for real hardware, I guess?

Oh shit nigger I just got there this morning. I tried out the wheelies from you suggestion and they are nice. I might go back to legs though because its mechs.
When do I get to fuck all the girls?

(you)

Yeah, wheels are pretty great when you want to go fast. It's shame the animation doesn't change to match wheels vs legs, but eh.

I'm actually going to look for my hdd stuff and going to transfer to the physical console. I wonder if I have any original PS2 controllers that aren't gunked with age…

I found that they get this weird sticky residue on the analog sticks if they have been hanging out for a while. I've been considering doing a network cable solution for my ps2, I think my laser is going because it been hanging and freezing. I could just use the HDD in my phat but I always worry that will shit the bed too.

Be sure to buy the stocks of the railroad company before doing that quest, to rake a shitload of money when their stock price goes up.

This game is amazing on how technically borked it is but is still fun and enjoyable. Fucking earthquakes man we never got the sequel because the studio went bankrupt after Fukushima.

When you become Killer Elephant Master Race, that's how.

You have to be able to rent an apartment first. I think you have to wait until after the first concert in Neuhafen before you can do that.

I'll show them the killer elephent, if you know what I mean.

If I remember right you have to mess with the round /clamping mode settings to get past that part.

I followed the wiki and had it set to Negative all along for the rounding mode, but it still borked. I set it to Nearest, same thing. I set it to Chop/Zero, same thing. I'll mess with it later.

Yeah, that's what happened to a lot of mine. I have a shitty third party controller that would probably work, it just feels like garbage.

What's the state of PS2 emulation? When will we be able to reliably play ace combat games?

Now apparently
pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html?letter=A