Fight Themes

ITT post the best boss fights in their respective series
Dante Must Die Mode: Post a better fight theme from .Hack

Why do people like .hack GU
the tales of Series has substantially better combat, and less cringe comedy.

GUTTER TRASH

literally any Phase theme from the original .hack

Also played through every game in the series and man it's overrated. Fun when I was a kid though. the original .hack was pretty rote for story and escalated very quickly game to game, despite being a real time RPG there was loads of customization through equipment since they decided what your abilities were, so you had to decide based on stats or abilities and mix and match during dungeons like old MMORPGs did (FF11's a good example), while GU's combat is pretty shallow until you get the scythe in episode 2 and even then it's still kinda trash, since magic was made worthless in favor of action gameplay.

One of the biggest issues with the original .hack is that despite taking place in a MMO, you can't choose your class, and there's no excuse for this since every model has rigging that makes it easy to swap attack animations, so you're stuck as a Twin Blade, which is a low damage, high accuracy class.

The main problem with GU outside of the shallow combat is the writing. it's not that the characters are designed wrong, it's just some of the most cliched shit i've seen in regards to character archetypes, it draws heavily from anime and indeed tried really hard to catch on as one, it was designed as a franchise and failed pretty bad.

Say what you will about Dissidia, but the remixes are solid.

The other main problem being that they took IMOQ and its related content out behind the woodshed and shot it. What's the point of a sequel that erases the happy ending of every part of the series that came before it?

Sure, this theme is shared by some of the bosses, but this always will be Son Ganlong's boss theme.

In a way it reflects the game industry and games made. It was a meta game, a single player game made in the style of an MMO but with single player quality of life additions, and it was shafted for a shallow version that tried to appeal to a market instead of making something fun. Just like the MMOs it emulated, it was a game made by a team that likely played MMOs together and wanted to make their own. The World's concept was warped and twisted to meet demands of people who only see money when they look at anything, instead of long term value.

One thing that did catch me about the GU games, indeed their last production, was that aside from it's flaws, visually it was quite beautiful.

I was going to post fft music, you poofter. Still prefer the original though.
Also this song wouldn't play while you fought the boss but it would play in the area just before you encounter them. that counts right

Nah, but it is good tunes.

Also I do like the original version of Antipyretic, but seeing as it's a tactics them, it's rather calm, and the Dissidia version keeps up the agressiveness in the military-like theme it has going.

SRW in general is a classy choice

Come at me.

Heavy Spoilers for anyone who hasn't played Heavensward

Why is his game music so much different and better than the movie version?

This is my IRL boss theme believe it or not

Now this is shitposting

I figured that everyone that does scores for cinema is jewish, but the music in the movies got even worse past the second one.

That's the real problem with IMOQ, they try to make a MMO sim epic with personal relationships and they couldn't bother to allow you to pick your own class because they really wanted those mocap cutscenes.