Bamco helping with Metroid Prime? And Riiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raaaceeer 8 exclusive to Switch

THAT'S RIGHT!
RIIIIIDGE RAAACEEERRRR!!
Exclusive to Nintendo Switch. It also looks like Bamco is going to be helping Nintendo with Metroid Prime 4. Not too sure about that, I don't recall ever playing a good Bamco shooter or even adventure game.
Details from LinkedIn via this site.
vooks.net/linkedin-listing-suggests-bandai-namco-working-switch-exclusive-games/
Archive here of course.
archive.is/IGKZu

Other urls found in this thread:

smashboards.com/threads/character-height-a-rough-start.402759/
hooktube.com/watch?v=roAOE4fW1mQ
youtube.com/watch?v=rZCX7A4NqHo
archive.is/rO44R
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo liked the work Bamco did on Smash 4 and wanted to use them again, especially since it seems like they're dead set on keeping Metroid an outsourced series.

Hopefully they go back to the roots with Ridge Racer 8 and make it more like the original Playstation games (and keep the cutie main girl from Rage Racer).

So that's why Kaz Hirai left Sony.

That and the arcade ports of a few of their games.

This could work so long as they keep a certain controlling faggot out of the director seat. The reason being that pretty much everyone wants to keep Samus as a silent protag who kicks ass and doesn't afraid of anything.

Digimon, Tekken, and DBFZ are on their list of things they have done that folks like, but none of those are adventure/platforming titles.

That said, they dabbled in it in regards to digimon and the (poor game) digimon allstar rumble had a pretty interesting, if unbalanced, singleplayer adventure mode.

I honestly don't know what to make of it.

Make it happen

You know, I appreciate what they did. I honestly think they wanted to do a shitload more Metroid stuff but "someone" wouldn't let them.

I'm not sure if it's a funny coincidence or the cold hard truth.

I also noticed something strange. Rider Racer 7 seems to have been removed entirely from the Playstation Network. That's weird right?

oddly ridge racer type 4 drifting feels weird, like it's almost automatic, the moment I'm about to exit out a corner, I stop turning and if I try to fuck with the turning, I just make it worse

It felt weird on 3DS as well. As soon as you started drifiting you drifted with the turn, like it was on autotune, and all you had to do was oversteer or understeer the corner to get your line. Funnily enough you had more control on Ridge Racer 1 when there was no analogue control.

Even if they reskinned Nina to make her ZSS that would be fucking sweet. Tekken characters are ugly as shit though. Their proportions are all off.
Maybe Bamco will use their racing talents to make the next F-Zero game? An F-Zero based on drifting (and not that snaking bullshit) would be interesting.

All games with good drifting just becomes snaking fests, sadly. Except this.

Nintendo should hire the former WipeOut developers to make a new F-Zero.

That is fucking insane. Sadly I never got to play Climax. Is that the one that tanked so bad it didn't even sell 10k in Japan?
I don't mind drifting from corner to corner, that's fine if the course is designed for it, but the snaking shit just annoys me. It was a bug and it wasn't a fun way to play the game.

I wanna say it did tank, but that's just going off what Hardcore Gaming 101 said about it since it came out roughly a year after the previous game GP Legend. The timing alone was the reason I'd say it would fail, because the game is the best 2D F-Zero by far.

user, you will be burned at the stake for that suggestion!
WipeOut feels like you're skating on ice, and every other "Zero G" racer suffers from that as well. F-Zero feels like a racing sim where you're going much too fast. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS!!!

user, I played most metroid games and Ridley is usually a lot bigger than samus, at least twice and most of the times even bigger, like in Prime. That being said, sure, why add Metroid when you could add more Fire Emblem! :^)

The death of a hobby

nintendo needs to hire sega employees to make their games, everyone know this. nintendo has no actual homegrown talent or qualified developers.

Yes, but memes tend to warp people's minds like that.

Something I always though could be cool is giving alternative outfits slightly different visual effects, or even a different move set. Dark Pit wouldn't have been a waste if they used him as an alternative Pit. Wario could have different moves in his WarioWare suit and his nornal suit, and so on.

Back on topic, Ridley is way too big and rescaling him to make him playable sounds like a halfassed solution and almost an insult to the character and the fanbase. I don't have any idea what other metroid character could be playable, but Ridley really isn't.

Fucked up the greentext

There really isn't an excuse as to why they couldn't do that since Smash 4 has the three alternatives for every smash attack. And, it would also help eliminate the clone issue with them taking up a spot on the roster. But, that would also mean that they'd have to improve the game, which a lot of Smash autists (Including Sakurai) would have a fit over.

What stops Bowser from being too big? He's gigantic compared to Mario in every single game.

Not really. Bowser's size tend to differ. In the original and 64 he is around twice as big as Mario, and mario is pretty short already. Then in Sunshine and Galaxy is fucking towering. In 3D World he is the same size as mario again. And in some spin-off like RPG and Paper Mario he is, again, as twice as big as Mario, same with Mario Kart.
His size is not constant at all, that's a good excuse to keep him relatively small. Ridley is constantly bigger than Samus, and I mean way bigger, when the Varia suit is pretty tall already.

Because overall, Bowser is a simple design and you can scale him down to Smash level with no issue. Ridley has more to work with than just “lol scale him down”

You know Olimar is like an inch tall in his games, right?

This. Size is never really consistent in Mario.

Uh, like what? He's a giant pterodactyl man. His design isn't at all complicated.

Yeah, his size isn't very consistent.

Oh fuck

I believe what is implying is that Ridley generally has more details in his body.

You know, like textures aren't a thing.

Regardless, smash bros size thing has always been a joke. I mean, giant and mini melees are a thing, as are the same with mega/mini shrooms. Lets not forget how no one in the game is at their real scale from their series.

All Ridley needs to be able to do is hold samus in one hand, and considering he has huge hands in comparison to his body in any incarnation, this is pretty easy.

And yet he is taller than Samus in every incarnation, Samus being one of the tallest fighters.

You do understand why that's a retarded idea, right?

She's actually the fifth tallest going by this thread: smashboards.com/threads/character-height-a-rough-start.402759/
The tallest 5 characters in Smash 4 are Ganondorf (The tallest), Bowser, Rosalin and Luma, Captain Falcon, and Samus (And, this is excluding the DLC characters because, apparently, Bayonetta is taller than Samus).

Top fucking lel

Mojang said the same thing about Minecraft and Xbox.
Ridge racer 8 will come to Playstation, it's pretty much the home console of the game.

It's when you use dynamic type cars. It's basically drift on autotune. You don't lose speed drifting with the cars so you can basically just drift the whole time and gain nitros 24/7

samefag here, I forgot to mention that really the only way to make drifting hard is to use mild. But the only thing is that mild feels like a FF car

samefag one more time. Basically you're snaking if you didn't understand. Dynamic type cars are 100% for snakers.

I keep forgetting shit. The only difference is that you actually have to have some skill to snake, dynamic type cars even take that away because you can literally drift towards the right way if you are drifting in the opposite direction with dynamic type. Dynamic type cars basically turn it on rails.

If you're going to multipost, turn on sage.

Don't care. Never cared.

Still pretty tall considering Ridley is usually taller.

I'm sorry dude, It seriously won't happen again.

I understand ridge racer is meant to be entirely fictional, but why can't they make one with actual real world cars in it?

Sakamoto isn't responsible for the Prime series, so you don't need to be worried about that.

here's a better vid

hooktube.com/watch?v=roAOE4fW1mQ

I'm talking about a new game though, that game came out on the ps2. It wasn't very popular either for some reason.

>>>/Cow/

Speaking of WipEout, you know what I'll never understand?
They managed to get Aphex Twin to license out one of his songs on WipEout Pure. What song do they choose? Fucking Naks Acid, a completely unknown song from one of his obscure releases that even most hardcore AFX fans wouldn't recognize.
youtube.com/watch?v=rZCX7A4NqHo

Why go through the trouble of licensing an Aphex Twin song at all if you're going to use one of his garbage acid tracks?

You faggots are retarded

You know about webm technology, right newfag?

Please do not make another fucking first person shooter god damn

Make this 3rd person Dark Souls lite with shooting

Some odd offshoot of Psygnosis et al. Have to assume it had something to do with Amiga background and demo scene stuff.

It would be nice to see what can Bamco do with Metroid. Also MAKE A NEW F-ZERO BAMCO FUCKERS AND MAKE REIKO NAGASE A PLAYABLE PILOT

Nintendo doesn't care about canon, look what they did to Breath of the Wild.
< Gravity Suit is no longer purple in Other M because fuck you

Wow, so the switch not only boasts on-disc DLC statue keys and $70 cardboard, but it also has rehashes of long dead franchises that haven't been good in at least 15-20 years.

Sign me up fellow gamer :^)

Still doesn't explain why they picked such a bad song when he has so many better ones, songs that would fit the game's soundtrack much more than that pile of shit they went with.

I fail to see what breath of the wild has to do with canon. Zelda is an anthology series.

Then why did Nintendo release that book codifying the Zelda games in a canon timeline?

Because autists kept screeching about it and they caved in. Doesn't change the fact that the "zelda timeline" is complete and utter manure for anyone with a brain.

Mods have proof of concepted and shown Ridley is possible. The world will have Ridley in Smash.

Because autists kept screeching about it and they caved in. Doesn't change the fact that "zelda" is complete and utter manure for anyone with a brain.

FTFY

you forgot the

^newfags can't uptext

Better not fuck it up like they did the vita game.

i had to deal with this shit for a film i was helping produce for a friend. licensing fees differ based on the actual song itself; the kikes who own the rights know that, say, Crazy Train by Ozzy is more instantly recognizable and will charge more than they would for Over The Mountain. i would imagine the guys who did the song licensing saw what a "good" aphex twin song would cost and instead said "let's pay as little as possible to still have his name on our shit"

no console wars pls thx

stay there

into the trash you go

I actually have a question about music licensing fees, say I wanted to make a Rock Band clone and I wanted to licence around 300 songs ranging from niche bands like Onmyouza and Frost* to Queen and Judas Priest. Could I put in 200 mid range to unknown bands with a wide variety of genres and have say 100 well known dad rock bands?

Asking since I wanna revive the plastic guitar.

Easy there user. You're right, but it's not that Wipeout is bad. It's just that F-Zero is very arcadey, while in Wipeout you're supposed to feel like you're actually flying something. Two different styles, but none better than the other.

Project M is shit for melee autists.

Ridge Racer on the 64 was fun. But that was Namco.
I barely play any racing games now, lel.

True, but, going off of the Wipeout: Omega Collection demo that have on the PS4 dummy units in stores, the games feel like you're moving much to slow (Even when you're going "fast").

Now why is this saying that Ace Combat 7 will e a PS4 exclusive when it's already confirmed to be for PC and xbone?

The VR section of the game is exclusive to the PS4 iirc.

First off, nice meme spacing.
Second, what he's probably talking about is that Ridley, unlike any of the other resized characters, is very thin/spindly in every incarnation since Super Metroid. Even at his beefiest he's very lanky. This doesn't translate well at all into smaller sizes, as his arms would be extremely thin unless they used the godawful Other M design for him. Regardless, people always bring up Bowser, who's a chunky turtle man from a very cartoon styled series to justify a near-skeletal space dragon from Nintendo's grittiest series. It just isn't a very good comparison, the whole point of Ridley for the majority of the series is that he's enormous.
All that aside, does anyone really think he'd be fun to play as or play against? He'd either end up being an obnoxious zoning character with his massive tail, or he'd be some lame grappler that people complain about because he's not accurate to the character. Like, his 3 attacks he uses in game are shoot fire, hit with tail, and grab. That's what his design allows for, you can't make him a brawler or anything like.
It's not like Metroid doesn't have other possibilities for characters either, there's an entire game based around other bounty hunters that have their own unique gimmicks, there's the 3 hunters from Corruption, and Dark Samus could easily have a very different moveset from Samus while staying within what the character does in game. The only problem is that those characters are from those nasty Prime games and we all know how a certain man feels about them.

Does ridge racer 8 even have a chance to be good?
I played ridge racer 3D on my 3ds and it was terriawful.

So it's not Prime 4 then.

It's still better than both Brawl and Smash 4, which is kinda sad when you think about it. There's genuine improvements that can be made to Melee, I'll list some right now

A utility button that could give each character a unique move. (Zelda Transformation, Mario's FLUUD, Reflector burst for Fox, Monado abilities for Shulk, etc),

More consistent pace between ground and air gameplay

better tools for air recovery and land mobility

More diverse character choices from Nintendo games like Custom Robo, Golden Sun, Eternal Darkness, StarTropics, Tinstar, etc,

Music playlists with unlockable music tracks

Unlockable alternate Characters for each character, like say Lucina for Marth, Young Link for Toon Link and Dr. Mario for Mario. Hell get freaky with it, like putting the current moveset for Ganondorf into him wearing Captain Falcons outfit and literally call him Captain Ganon, and have Bowsers old moveset as Classic Bowser.

Less emphasis on third parties, should max out at around 15% of the roster. Like say we get 44 newcomers and have all 56 characters return with clones being alternate characters. I think we should have 12 third parties. (Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, Cloud, Bayonetta, Snake, Ryu.) and then add say (KOSMOS, Crash Bandicoot, Dante, Quote, Doomguy and Banjo)

Crossover stages like PSASBR had where you would see both F-Zero and Custom Robo elements in one level, while having Zelda and Golden Sun in another.

Being able to dash out of shield

Being able to cancel dashing in order to do a tilt attack.

and the list goes on and on.

I always assumed the 'Ridley is too big' reason was because of how long and spindly he would be. Not his actual height.

Sorry, I forgot my meme text

Yes, the dipshits can’t wrap their heads around that.

it's all going to depend on how much capital you have. they'll sell licensing rights for damn near any song to anyone, it's going to come down to money. as an unknown you're going to be paying to license each and every track. if you're being published by or are a part of a large company they might settle for a smaller fee in exchange for a percentage of the overall profits but i imagine that's not the case

If they were desperate they could use Meta Ridley inspired attacks like the laser beam and missile launcher.

Yeah, but that's like wanting Mecha Tao instead of OG Tao in Dragonball Fighterz. sure it's the same character, but the magic is missing.

t. melee fag
Have fun with your party game without the party. Good thing for the add ons, though.

He's shitting on the game bro.
I'm sick of this party game shit as well though. Whenever anybody calls out Mario Kart as the shitty franchise it is people always resort to this "it's a party game lol" shit.

you're not going to get him to admit he's retarded, so he'll respond with something like

Everyone who says that clearly never played zone mode or gotten past the first speed stage

I noticed that the video didn't have other racers, however…

is it worth playing if you have hard digimon autism?

They could just make him kinda crouchy and hulking, and fiddle with his model so his hands and tail are larger for the sake of visibility so attacks are telegraphed properly.

A thousand times this. And her craft could be called the Rage Racer or some shit like that. It would be fucking perfect.

There was a recent interview with the two leads who were asked about where BOTW fits in the timeline and they admitted they don't care about it at all and only made one up because people kept asking.

That's a given. It doesn't mean much though as he'd only need to be a bit taller than her to give the idea to the player.
He could do it since Fusion and it got retroactively added in Zero Mission, why is this new?

He honestly always does. if he ever stood up straight, he'd be absurd, but he never does.

if you have digimon autism, play it, but expect to want to rage at the final boss since he is already a cheep motherfucker, but you have to fight him with the HP you have left over from the gauntlet of fucks you need to go through to get to him

Sony Liverpool pretty much was Psygnosis, user. After seeing how much money they were pulling in with the licensed F1 games and original concepts like Destruction Derby they bought them outright around 1999. Hell, you can even get PC ports for 3 of the first 4 Formula 1 games as they weren't bound to PlayStation back then, ranging from rare (95), to very rare (97), to holy fucking shit this is rare (99).

Eurogamer claims Bamco Singapore is in fact making Prime 4, no word on Ridge Racer
archive.is/rO44R

Ganondorf is supposed to be like 2.5ft taller than Link but in Smash he's only a foot taller at most

Rumor: Bandai Namco Singapore is the lead dev studio on Metroid Prime 4, Eurogamer says
Eurogamer now says that Bandai Namco Singapore is indeed behind Metroid Prime 4. The site’s sources say that they’re the “lead studio on the game in collaboration with Nintendo.” Bandai Namco Singapore has some talent from the now defunct LucasArts Singapore, who previously worked on the cancelled Star Wars 1313.
Taken from the Wiki:
In March 2013, Namco Bandai Games established two new game studios. The first, Namco Bandai Studios Singapore, will be Namco Bandai's "leading development center" in Asia and develop game content for the Asia Pacific. The second studio, Namco Bandai Studios Vancouver, will work on online social games and game content development for North America and Europe

I'd say Metroid got the better studio, don't you agree?

Yeah, Dorf is damn near twice as tall as Link, especially in twilight princess

This… could be magical.

She looks like she's about to shit herself

Never heard of them.
Oh OK
OH SHIT SON

Amen.

Look at the way her asshole's puckering, I'd say you're right.

Thats a really really interesting team for a metroid game. Metroid never really pulled that much from star wars, it was more aliens and classical sci fi. Still, if they love sci fi, I'm interested to see what they'll do.

Too big? That's stupid. Olimar is smaller than a penny and he's in

If the rumor is true, do you think it is likely there will be more npc interaction and/or bounty hunters in Prime 4 with that team?

From the footage of 1313, they really nailed the look and atmosphere of classic Star Wars. And Nintendo is notoriously tough on its development teams. Look at the difference between Rare during the N64 days and what Rare produced after MS bought them. Night and day. More recently, look at the Castlevania 3DS game, and the Metroid 3DS. Same developer, but Castlevania was shit and Metroid was pretty good.

The metroid was fine. I'd certainly hope they get the chance to make another one and then broaden it up more to make a metroid game for the fans rather than a good game to introduce the franchise to people with. Beyond that, why is Nintendo commissioning their IPs to Namco Bandai? Imagine if the next F-Zero game got announced and Nintendo dumped the IP on Namco Bandai Austrailia or something.

It wouldn't be the first time they've done it. Capcom made Zelda games on the Game Boy, and as I said Mercury Stream made the 3DS Metroid. Namco also helped with previous versions of Mario Kart as well as Smash. Nintendo and Square collaborated on Super Mario RPG on SNES. I guess as the size of development teams increases due to the quality of assets needed for games these days they find it easier to contract shit out.
Nintendo have said they're looking to broaden their IPs and open them up to more involvement in other projects (toys, movies, licensed shit) and they have admitted they seriously under-estimated the amount of effort it took to make HD games with the Wii U, so they're probably just setting up small internal teams to work with outside contracted teams.
Retro have probably done well enough that they' deserve some autonomy in Nintendo's eyes and are making something new.

Yeah, Mercury Steam have stated that Nintendo was hot on their ass when they were making Samus Returns, and that they have grown as a result. Clearly Nintendo aren't throwing IPs to studios left and right without a plan, or without careful supervision. My guess is that they want to groom new Retro Studios; to have more competent third parties to rely on.

They did. It's the worst game in the series. Coincidence?

CAN YOU FEEL THE HEAT

Ridge Racer 6 and 7 were fine and they came out 12 years ago or so.

That's because that's a shitty port of the PSP game's engine. I'm hopeful. Probably stupid of me, but still.

Or, have Ridley crouched and more compacted together, almost how Bowser was in Melee.

But to be honest, I don't really care who's in Smash Bros at this point as long as it isn't 11 anime swordsmen and "muh contemporary" characters.

What, you don't want "2D Soul Calbur?

It might be possible but I doubt they will go back to how older RR games are over PSP/6/7.
But even if they make one on that level it'd be a marked improvement over Unbounded and the flopped MMO And the shitty mobile game.

Though Them doing a follow up to 64/DS would be neat.

Come one now

Not really, game is 12 years old.

Type 4 feels weird because it isn't automatic enough. Every other RR game puts you on rails when you start drifting, where Type 4 is a bit more realistic with it.

It's a lot smoother then the ones before and lot more realistic then the ones that followed

He's talking about Type 4 which is completely different to the ones like 6 which you seem to be talking about. Dynamic cars are trash though, can't control them and you wind up being slower.

Because they have lore for manufactures and don't want to pay for licensing cars? Also, why pay Chevy to have a Corvette when you can make your own called the Bayonet?

Actually RR64 was done in house by Nintendo. I hope they bring back the Renegade zone in some capacity. Desert driving is so comfy yet rare

Ridley might be a debatable topic, but there's no reason for excluding King K. Rool. It's perfectly reasonable to have him the same size as King Dedede and Bowser since he'd still be bigger than Donkey Kong. And don't tell me that Chibi-robo can't be scaled to around Mario's height, he's more than 5 times bigger than Captain Olimar.

Maybe they are trying to buy them again.

is this confirmed or just a rumour? It could be bamco is just helping out like they did with smash and Platinum on Star fox.

Rumour for now.
But a man can dream

That Metroid 1 artwork is fucked

Ridley for smash is the same as making petey piranha for smash. He's better off as a boss.
Also non-humanoid characters take 10 times more effort to create and develop.
I think Samus and ZSS is enough metroid repping when it comes down to playable characters.
Rather than looking at the roster, i think a more suitable way of continueing to add Metroid to smash would be with another Stage. Would like to see more iconic metroid areas in smash.

No.
Kill yourself.

I like Namco, but what games have they done similar to Metroid? Even Tecmo had more experience in that genre and they fucked it up. Unless they've bought From Software and I missed it, I am deeply concerned.

Ah you mean momentum turbo sliding.

Wasn't that mainly because Sakamoto screwed them over with his creative control?

See

Sakamoto had all these great ideas, like making a 3D action game but having it play with only a Wii remote, sideways, so 2 buttons and a d-pad, and motion control aiming for missiles that switches to first person mode for a real nice jarring transition mid-combat, and a heavy focus on story in a game all about atmosphere and a silent protagonist. Also, said story? Completely ignores and ret-cons every other game in the series.
Classic stuff.

Other M's story retconning the other games is the least of its problems. Its writing is genuinely one of the most awful the entire medium has to offer.

How the times have changed.

baka

It better not or else ill be so mad

I think a large part of that grilling that was done to Mercury Steam was due to the fact that Metroid is SUPPOSED to be one of the main golden geese of Nintendo, but sakamoto and sakurai tend to shit on it by not treating it right or thinking outside of their comfort box. I mean, the amount of undercutting that happened in Other M is inexcusable.

I'm a ridleyfag and I damn near killed myself when I saw pic related.

This I can live with, different ships with different handling, where you have to learn a technique to go sideways, but if it's press button to turn harder and make a drifting animation It's going to be shit.

Well, try to tell anons that a Capcom crafted Zelda game on GameBoy was a bad Zelda game. Sometimes 3rd parties can do magic to a beloved franchise and the risk is worth the reward.

Remember the last time Bamco helped out Nintendo?

Yeah… it didn't turn out great.

That someone should fuck off, they didn't even add Dr. Mario's victory animations from his actual games.

Look at Camelot

The last time Bamco helped out Nintendo was Smash Bros. 4 actually

I feel your pain, I was a knucklesfag.

I don't know why these are so amusing.

badmiiversepost, a tumblr blog, tried to commit suicide when Trump got elected.

Only braindead aposematic gaymurrzzz were pissed because of the characterization of other M, the problem wasn't that they tried to give Samus some development and basic emotional responses like fear or attatchment, it was that the story was an incoherent mess and the way they portrayed Samus was cringe worthy through and through.

If you knew what you are talking about you would know that the "afraid of ridley" scene for example, is canon and happens pretty much like it did in the game, but is chronologically placed in the first metroid, the second time samus meets ridley after he killed and ate everyone in the planet but her, Sakamoto wanted to have that in here because he's a retard, but what makes the game a mess is the spaztic fanfiction tier direction and execution (and controls), not the depth they wanted to give samus, something like what they did in Fusion could have worked very well alongside a competent supervisor.
Vid related.

Goddamnit, I might have to actually buy one of those tablets. RRT4 was MY CHILDHOOD GAME.

Ridge Racer was never Playstation exclusive user. There was a Ridge Racer on the N64 even.

You contradict yourself in the same sentence. First you say only braindead gamurz were upset at the characterisation in Other M, and then you admit it was a complete shitshow that portrayed Samus as cringe-worthy.
Samus as an unstoppable force reacting to a distress signal/bounty notice is much more interesting, both from a lore perspective and a gameplay perspective (like reading Space Pirate communiques where they shit themselves that the Hunter has been spotted snooping around), than reading her diary and watching her have a melt-down in front of her father figure.

I am retarded, disregard that then.

So? Sm4sh was also shit, just not as much as Brawl.

There was also a port of that N64 game to the Nintendo DS.

The Metroid 1 instruction/art book is… fucking weird.

(fucking checked)
Third, really. Though honestly, he was more of just someone who understood the grit that Samus had to deal with (the blood that gets on ones hands when you do the dirty work) and was fucking sick of the red tape that stopped her from putting a plasma bullet in the head of the insane assholes who deserved it.

Agreed, Smash 4 was pretty shit due to not only the roster, but the new stages were mostly shit (Xenoblade is just a fucking hole and some are so fucking big as to be utterly pointless), Classic was an abomination (8 player clusterfucks non stop), challenges had arbitrary required secondary tasks that should just have been the main goal in the first place, alternate specials were RNG to the extreme and had zero relation to the character you play as regarding who's you unlocked. Lets also remember how there was the total squandering of the idea of "characters who are alternate costumes", which was only really implemented with Olimar/Alph and the Koopa Clown Car.

Fuck off moviebob, I can smell your fat from here.

Kirby is officially 8 inches tall, which means that King DeDeDe isn't even large, yet they made him one of the biggest characters in smash. Sizes of smash characters are pure bullshit and mean nothing. Ridley being "too big" is not at all a problem, and of you honestly believe that the size of a character in smash bros ruins the lore of a game, then you are retarded. Stop taking this shit meme seriously.

Not to mention, there was an image of the 3ds Nintendogs stage where he joked that the dogs were giants, then said "actually everyone is shrunk." And then said something about scale in smash bros not remaining true.

Anyone got that one?

You mean like the intro to Smash Bros where Master Hand puts all the dolls on a table because they're all just puppets of Master Hand who is actually some kid playing with dolls in his room?

I guess he's flexible so he'd stretch

Or in Melee where a hand grabs a mario trophy and throws it onto a playset because everything is toys.

God this reminds me of the original Wipeout HD, pretty much the only reason I bought a PS3 over a 360.
When I heard about the Omega collection i was tempted to get a PS4 just for it again but had recently just got a PC.
How good is it??
think it will get ported to PC like Nioh was??

Guys please stop bullying Nintendo for not being able to make Ridley, it would be too hard for such a poor little company

If they ever put Ridley in smash then how would we deal with the worldwide salt shortage?

Fuck Ridley, gimmie Ray 01

gr8 b8 m8

Only when you put the cake down, Mark.
I'd rather Lip make it in.

But how much of that was due to Namco, how much of that was Nintendo suits, and how much of that was due to Sakamoto? I doubt Namco were the ones that wanted so much Kid Icarus: Uprising dick sucking or to add the brand new Fire Emblem protag over other, more deserving Nintendo characters.

Meant Sakurai.

I thought Assault was fun

It was fun, but it had problems, namely an over saturation of foot sections in re-purposed multiplayer stages.

Sakurai just pulled: "My game my bullshit rules" and added his Mary Sue.

So? It takes much more skill to maneuver it, since you know…it's actual AG racing…

It's the WipEout that you remember with a WipEout that you don't. The HD campaign has a couple extra ships…
BUT IN SOME REGIONS, YOU WON'T GET ONE OF THOSE SHIPS IF YOU BUY THE GAME PHYSICAL, ONLY DIGITAL.
I got know idea why they did this. Maybe to inflate digital sales, but the ship is on disc in America. It's just so stupid.

Yes, it is nearly identical to all those real anti-gravity races we have.

GIMMIE BOTH

I can smell the soy from here

GAS GAS GAS

The problem with other m's story is that it regressed the little characterization and growth Samus has had. After the first Metroid Samus really wasn't scared of anything anymore. She was actually feared by the space pirates because she as a single person wiped out an entire base.

I have played several wipeouts but have never really gotten into them. I don't hate them I just didn't get into it. Tell me how to change that.

Play them with friends or something. Maybe its just not for you, I personally love everything about the series.

The vita one yeah??
I played that too
So pretty much no point in me getting it.
Is that ship Van Uber or Tigris?

The later ones on PSP (Pure and Pulse) and PS3 (basically a HD remaster of select tracks from those games) imo are the best in the series.
Try those out if you have an emulator.
I know loads of people love Wip3out but the ships were a bit TOO floaty in that one for me.

Speaking of which, I wish Throwback would decide to license out or rerelease Extreme-G.

>FE reps are cut down to Marth, Swole Ike, and flavor-of-the-month Lucina can be an alt costume for Marth but that's fucking it
>cut all pokemon that are not original 12 or legendary (pika, jiggly, mewtwo stay, greninja, charizard, lucario get the fuck out), include only legendary or mythic pokemon or UBs(this is an allstars game, lemme play as shit like Deoxies)
>Add Giygas to MOTHER reps in his MOTHER 1 appearance. Moveset would focus in the PSI attacks from the games final smash can have him pop into the machine and the background go eldritch
>Make Wario's moveset based on Wario World and the Wario Land games but he can keep the bite

Did I miss anything?

I was thinking that these are the rules they should abide by in regards to selecting reps for Smash:

By waiting for the next Elder Scrolls/Fallout to inevitably leak and trigger Bethcucks with spoilers.

ridley is literally too big for smash. like, he is 4x as tall as all of the other characters. they're not going to shrink down a character whose entire point is that he's a giant dragon thing. he would have a shit moveset, too.

star fox assault is fine compared to fucking command