Why is Seattle such a popular setting in cyberpunk games?

Why is Seattle such a popular setting in cyberpunk games?

Not San Francisco? That's surprising.

I don't recall playing a cyberpunk game that takes place in seattle. Isn't NY more popular?

How? Seattle doesn’t have sodomy parades

both 16-bit shadowrun games took place in seattle, just off the top of my head

Not gay pride parades. But sodomy parades like San Francisco. Fags having anal sex in public.

It's probably because California is a bigger place than Washington State and even though it's a blue state there are likely more Republicans in California than in Washington simply because there are more people there in general. If you've ever been to Washington State, it's like NorCal amplified by 100x. They all concentrated there

Yes there it nigger

The city is probably the second most depressing city to live in the entire country behind Denver. Homeless everywhere, the entire city is a shade of grey with over-bearing Brutalist buildings everywhere. Not to mention the sheer amount of homelessness. Think Skid Row, Los Angeles, but instead of being contained to a single city block, it's scattered throughout the city. You never hear about the homeless in Seattle, because leftists want to pretend they don't exist.

Second Desus ex was set in Seattle

Actually, now that I think about it, Cleveland or Detroit are probably more depressing places to live in my personal experience, but Denver and Seattle are way up there

i have been to seattle a grand total of once, ever, and wanted to kill myself. no shit. it's fucking ugly, depressing, grey, everyone is rude, fucking everyone thinks they're some incredible artist and they're just about to get discovered. i was treated worse in my three days in seattle than i've ever been anywhere else in my life, and i've lived in rural china and moscow

Blew my mind.

Last time I was in Seattle was maybe back in I think 2010? I recall there was a freak heatwave There was wild fires blocking the main highway home in Oregon. Never want to go back there ever again. Strange how hot it was despite being so far up North. Blows my mind how anyone could ever want to live up there.

How are San Francisco and Los Angeles not complete shitholes?

I'll take post-modernist trash architecture over depressing grey blocks any day.

Funny how the leftist utopia falls apart when they realize they require some capitalist giant propping them up

LA and San Francisco are funded by Hollywood and Silicon Valley lobbyists respectively. Without either of these things they would be bigger shitholes than they currently are. And in my experience, in Southern California, there really is no such thing as far-left or far-right politicians, all politics in SoCal is pretty much a show for the cameras and everyone here has a superficial grasp on politics at best. With most right-wingers being idle rich dudes retired living on their Yachts in Newport Beach and Irvine

Why not kms at this point.

Amazon/Microsoft is a thing.

I just wanted to add to what I said and say that I believe what's kept California from going completely over the edge like Washington State is that while the politicians and Jews living here are socially liberal, everyone is mostly fiscally conservative. With the exception of San Francisco and the absolute retards in Sacramento with their careless taxing and spending trying their damnedest to sink this state. I'm grateful Orange County and the San Fernando Valley exist because without them this entire state would be lost.

God fuck Seattle. But I think Seattle is popular with cyberpunk settings because its relatively unknown to the rest of the major cities, allowing to be easily molded by writers. The city has microsoft, amazon, and boeing, each of which are important to a the tech industries. Many of the people there seem extra progressive anyways, its also got a high Asian population that are also known for their love of tech.

Mostly I think its because Seattle is lesser known metro area to NYC, LA, and the like so writers feel more free to do whatever they want with the city.

There is constant talk of the red and blue splitting, which would plunder all the liberal shitholes into complete darkness.

Because we already are a dystopia. The homeless problem is insane, rich liberals pretend to care but consciously make the problem worse, our old fag mayor was a pedo, and big companies pretty much get to do whatever they want.

Sidenote: The virtue signalling is insane

This isn't the first time people wanted to split California in half over politics. There was also the State of Jefferson that never became a thing. Bureaucracy will likely prevent the state from splitting. And the retards in Sacramento know deep down its the 1% living in Southern California contributing most of the overpriced taxes in the state

They also wanted to split cali into 6 fucking states once. I remember seeing a liberal-styled commercial on it. You know the one that's cheery and talks about the subject like it's for 5th graders.

Why can't the seas swallow the western coast of the USA if there's really nothing worth saving?

All you really need to fix these places is to gas the urban populations.

tbh I've never seen it. The vast majority of people living here are content with how things run to care. I remember reading Silicon Valley giants are the ones lobbying for California to be split for tax reasons but I'm not sure how true this is. I can guarantee you all of it is coming from Northern California though. The farther North you go on the I-5 the farther away from reality you become

I wish they would because then Arizona would finally have a nice beach

The 6 state split happened a while ago when I still watched the daily show like a good goy. They pointed out how the state lines where cut in a way that would form both the richest state and the poorest state, essentially screwing the poorer states out of gibs.

Might be worth considering that coastal states seem to attract libshits, so "Arizona Bay" might not be the best idea. Of course, we've already got a problem with Commiefornian expatriots coming here like they do Texas, beach or not, who seek to vote for the same stuff that made their prior state a shithole they didn't want to live in anymore.

How? I always thought it, San Francisco and Seattle were interchangeable

Phoenix and Scottsdale are nice areas. If I could live anywhere else it would probably be Arizona. For some reason I find myself drawn to desert towns. Something about living out in the desert for some reason. Last time I was in the Southern United States was when I was in Missouri and the South is definitely a better place than most to raise a family

California is a great place to live believe it or not. It's just that everyone here is a soulless, superficial asshole. That's what I could take away from visiting the South and places like Denver, people out there are simpler, in a good way. California is where you go if you're young and on your own. It's no place to raise a family

If only we lived in the universe where Imperial Japan coated the west coast in anthrax or actually managed to build a nuke.
San Francisco, Seattle and LA were apparently planned primary targets.

That's the biggest problem with liberals. Once they shit up a place enough and feel threatened they up and leave to a conservative, majority white area and start the process anew. Vermin one and all.

Portland has more trees, which means there's more oxygen getting to the locals' brains.

SF's populous is probably way too brainwashed to realize how pathetic they are.

It's a feedback loop. Liberal policy makes a place a shithole, so they all want to leave to a place that isn't a shithole, which happens to be a place without liberal policy. But those retards can't put two-and-two together and realize that they're the fucking problem

user are you ok?

Just report it you morons.

Seattle is full of liberal sheep who are in blissful denial about black mob violence. Predicting that Seattle will become a cyberpunk dystopia is just as logical as predicting that the twin towers would be destroyed back in the 90's.