Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

FFXIV: Stormblood General
Manly Crafting Edition

Try the game for free forever! (Only up to level 35) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch: 4.2
Patch Archives - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:
List of Commands (used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/
Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/
XIV Database - xivdb.com/
Ariyala (gear build simulator, hunt tracker, relic light tracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Exodus
Mithrie's crafting guides - youtube.com/watch?v=ma5lzsYTA3I&index=4&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5

1. If you're brand new, do Hall of the Novice. It's stupid and only teaches you common sense stuff, but you get a 30% exp boosting ring and free level 15 gear.
2. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED FOR ACCESS TO BOTH HEAVENSWARD AND STORMBLOOD AREAS
3. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs
4. Attune to Chocobo Porters (taxi), Aetherytes (teleport) & Aether currents (flight) ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort
5. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge
6. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 70, except guildhests, which is great until around 40-50
6. Level crafting & gathering - free dosh (Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get.)
8. Hit Tab to [I seem to have misplaced my keyboard]

Get a FC, they give bonuses as long as the people in charge aren't retards
You cannot join a FC if you are currently on a free trial account

8ch Free Company is Neo Wheels Order on Exodus (Primal Datacentre), Contact Aloise Nel'hah, Babs Babyface, Mew T'kins, or Shiaia Reingot for an invite. Applications are open as well, so if none are online just leave an application and you'll get in as soon as possible.

There is also a linkshell for all 8ch players on Exodus to congregate, so that people can communicate regardless of what FC they're in or if they're running the free trial. Contact Lyfon Yharnam, Quickscope Easybake, Aloise Nel'hah, Mew T'kins, or Shiaia Reingot for an invite.

d-dead game?

SQUARE-ENIX STOP PATCHING MY GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

so is everyone jumping ship yet with the changes to tanks or some shit?

Take solace in the fact that this new housing rush will sell more furniture

I only had those three games on my computer

Playable Viera when?

when yoshi gets his head out of his ass and has a new idea as opposed to nostalgia grabbing and japanese goblin faces

d-dead site?

If anything this is him needing to pander more to nostalgia.

I need a group on Balmung that isn't comprised of butt hurt crybabies and actually RP decently well.
Is this too much to ask??

the asses on the current models will ruin viera

pld got a negligible damage nerf, drk got a negligible damage buff and a pair of decent QoL buffs, and war got a damage buff along with easier usability at the cost of being more faceroll and needing ~1100 SkS in order to pull off more damage.

tanks are fine. drk needs help. war is great. pld is great. but you can beat anything with any tank drk really does need something else though

So who's gonna be the next nostalgia end-boss on Omega? I hope it's not Sephiroth because he's a boring ass faggot and they already have a Sephirot boss

assuming the same pattern is followed (5, then 6) then yeah, it'll be FF7 stuff next. some friends and i were speculating on it, but we all agreed both 8 and 9 would be better choices in that regard, at least for the time being. FF14 already has a megalomaniacal katana-wielding madman bent on destroying the world, it doesn't need another one. but a kuja/trance kuja fight, or the various forms of ultimecia would make for a fun final encounter. plus both 8 and 9 have interesting sub-bosses for the first three zones. i'd love to see an adel+rinoa fight where you need to keep rinoa alive in addition to your party, not to mention an Iifa tree fight with a burning leaves mechanic that increases damage done to the Iifa tree while also incurring raid-wide damage that you can only shoulder for so long before having to put the fire out.

My guess is Jenova being some planet devouring monstrosity, which was maybe the inspiration for Omega starting its crusade or whatever?

My guess it will be a boss rush with the final bosses of 7 8 9 and then Omega as the last tier boss. Mainly because 7 has zero fucking noteworthy bosses outside of Tail Scorpion, Edgyroth and Jenova. And with them hinting at the 7 remake in that shitty gacha game I highly doubt Sephiroth will be missing.
Also
I really wish there was an option to tell him to follow his leader and kill himself. why the fuck did the Ala's give back the body of Zenos to the fucking empire in the first place? Why did they not burn it and dump it at sea?

i attribute that to Ascian fuckery.

fucking why SE? fucking why?

The guard scorpion is already in the game. It's a shame it doesn't have the tail/counter mechanics though.

They have loads of options.

Wew lad

Hahahaha

Your character looks like a massive faggot.

Remember to check on your potatoes to ensure they're being cooked properly

Play on Matheus. Balmung is the equivalent of what Reddit is to the internet.

post your glams

i love shiva's ice katana too much. went for something of a yuki-onna style approach here. pretty happy with it tbh. i need a new tank glam though. something that works equally well as war and drk.

I don't see it at all.

How exactly does one manage to actually die in Rhalgr's Reach?

same way they die in the inn on ul'dah user.

rip table cloth

SE opening up Mateus to Balmung trash was a huge insult.
It was great as a dead server, everyone knew everyone else.
SE is the destroyer of worlds.

Are you a manlet with a transexual giantess fetish?

get hit by bad breath in that area around idyllshire, tele, and hope you get where you wanna be before you actually die

nah, i just like rare things, and there's nothing rarer in this game than a femroe. also bullying lalafells into snu snu.

Dead game
Remember the 6 gorillion dollars spent transferring servers by owo

Shoutout to a certain Roe for single-handedly crashing a gay potato wedding, ruining their planned afterparty, and generating massive amounts of anguish through the whole event.

See you in a week.

anyone have any tips for soloing palace of the dead floors 31-40 and higher? i keep getting terrored and just killed instantly, even after killing the adds, is there some gimmick?

I don't know if its the game or me, I've been playing for 3 years and routine grind have become so obvious, it makes me wanna puke.

Unless you're raiding, burst playing is the way to go. Subbing for the capped tome gear is a complete meme. Raiders won't need more than 2 month's worth. Casuals won't actually need it at all. That said there's plenty of other shit to do if you get bored with combat. I've taken to building airships and submarines. If any of you are planning to do that, start farming darksteel ore RIGHT NOW. You'll thank me later.

This piece alone made the patch worth it

extra mile for ingots or just the ore?

You need a ton of coke too. About a thousand for both submarines.

but you need to be an FC leader to actually make use of a sub and airship. Anyways, I guess I can try my hand out in mining.

But darksteel ore is easy shit and can be gathered by retainer, and you can buy coke with GC seals.

Do you guys know the fashion week Gold Star items for this week?

i got low score

Also, do you guys happen to know an active FFXIV disagreement?

friendly people

i know the earring is the behemoth earring, and the neckpiece is one of the Good King Moggle Mog ribbon pieces. i imagine the crafted ribbon's for the mid-50's would probably work as well.

yeah hold up

and now that the rest has happened

im assuming shiva weapons/accessory
sky pirate pants
some kind of fuzzy boots

starlight boots maybe? im also unsure about the body piece. "too cool" meaning you look cool, or you are physically wearing something that keeps you cool? i'm inclined towards the latter, so moonfire faire stuff, or lunar halters/bikini tops.

How do people like this exist how how how

great taste

i forget every tuesday evening

if i do 10 of these a day it'll take me 200 days to get this mount.

I had people wearing I-level 10 shit in a level 40 dungeon. You don't know how stupid these faggots get.

holeeee shit

I almost wish I was on Balmong to watch the shitstorm. Almost

Follow your dreams.

I'll keep memeing it until word gets around.

You're one tough customer to pleased

Be-careful there are some serious fucked up furry fucking erpers in FF14 they might actually think your serious.
Then again that outcome could generate some seriously funny screencaps.

I'm not actively looking for a FC so it's more Shitposting than anything.

yea I have some nice collages.

Holy fuck you legend.

I know, you posted these before in the general

Savages…

Lets take this into consideration. I do not believe the Hydaelyn's chosen and potatoes are the same. For example, Lalafells are living beings, Meanwhile potatoes are not. Comparing the superior Hydaelyn's chosen to a simple vegetable is disrespectful. Please be respectful to the superior race, and please stop any savages attempting to boiling them. Thank you.

I'm really enjoying near-zero latency, bros.

just when I think this untermensch potato can't get any lower he somehow manages to sink even further down the drain

Yes yes, how about a fresh one then? Don't let your dreams be memes.

With this most recent achievement, fate has in a single stroke, marked the decline of tall folk and spelled a new era of wondrous prosperity and peaceful global dominance for the Lalafellin people, which promises to firmly stand in sharp contrast to the historically bloody ascent of ala mhigan powers and the cruel subjugation it brought to the humbler nations of the world. The blessings of Lalafell finances, aether direct-current thaumaturgy, gamma titanium mono crystal turbines, ceruleum carrier ships, near-space ballistic magitek missiles, and quantum enhanced cannons will be the instruments with which Ul'dah affirms its noble stewardship of Eorzean politics and offers the non-eorzean world a different option; a Lalafell alternative to the depredations of tall folk leadership and the opportunity for a more equitable and dignified multilateralism.

gaius did nothing wrong.

adventures in dungeoneering

most of the time a healer ends up queuing in, but there was one time that me, a rdm and a sam trio'd the entire place. drk and rdm heals too good. i do not understand wtf is up with Hell's Lid but it seems to be the AV of Stormblood so far.

my friend is obsessed with collecting all the cards for triple triad, so the FC has made it something of a ritual to take a series of pictures or a short vid of us discarding cards that he wants and sending the evidence to him.

is housing opening up soon?

What the fuck just happened?

just wait for dun scaith. nox will kill everything.

its the calm before the storm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I gave up ffxiv. I can't find a good rp server and that ruins it for me

just add more fucking housing already SE. it's the one part of the game a person can't fully experience through no fault of their own. just add the god damned resources to support more housing ffs.

So, did you guys manage to get a house?

ever since 3.0 i have never found a group that gave me enough of a reason to push myself

yes, with no effort actually. dunno what i'm going to do with it though

Unless you want to autistically manage every minute detail can't you just use a FC house and buy a room in there? Also I have almost 10 million gil. Is that enough to do anything worthwhile with housing wise?

yea, not the plot i wanted but it was still close to the beach.

yeah, 10mil is enough to buy a small or a medium and have plenty leftover for the basics and a few luxuries. as for why i want my own place, it's mostly because my FC house, while great and all, is something i have no control over decorating. plus i'd like to have a spot of my own on the eastern side of the world for convenience-sake. but mostly it's because i'd like to actually design my own house instead of having the resident irl girl autistically micromanage everything you do to the house

it is fun watching her flip out when she sees you moved something just enough to be off center though

Thankfully, maintenance lifted the restriction from Balmung, so all of that trash that flooded Mateus have since fucked off back to their shitty Moon Guard-tier server.

Now it's dead and great again.
But the economy is still fucked thanks to them, and may not ever recover.

Thanks to this game, I now fully understand the necessity of immigration reform.

Rate my food supply.

well fed/10

Cheap houses still available in the Goblet

pay my sub pls I am having fat cat withdrawal

Seeing that makes me glad I got a plot in the Mist

You should come back. We can talk AOTY (Overlord)

What the hell? you just log in into the game and the first thing that popped is the FC invite? How shitty is exodus, that is way too agressive for a recruitment campaign not to mention dangerous considering you might invite troublemaker.

Disclaimer- for the sake of editing purposes I will swap the chat windows around to keep things clear. In this particular window I switched to for this screen cap the only text you see were in-game announcements and whispers.

Got it, I figure you also using alt character too since you have that sprout icon to trick peoples thinking you're a new player.

I think that's because I unsubbed for a while. That guy is my main.

Can someone give me a tl;dr on how to properly use the Combat Tracker?

I woke up just to suffer.

brutal.

you mean ACT? did you DL the ff14 plugin? are you running in admin mode? did you disable any native firewalls? ACT doesn't work well with firewalls

If anyone here is a FSH

Been at it for an hour and caught 1 NQ Zekki Grouper while I've gotten several HQ Shrimps/Squids/Octopus

Send help.

I usually just buy a few steppe salads and pop them when I think I need the crit chance buff. That and I keep some lower level food around for leveling my DPS roles.