Why did >>14271101 get bumplocked?

Why did get bumplocked?

Also Marathon thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

alephone.lhowon.org/
media.8ch.net/file_store/c5f87bca63f40686ea3368c1fa79b5b732db3d3da1fa322cb7554fb88e09618c.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Marathon is a really good game, surprisingly there's still a few people playing online.

You can download all three Marathon games for free.
alephone.lhowon.org/

Thanks for contributing nothing, nigger.

Couple of threads about it already. So, duplicate, that's why.

I've a better idea; post games CURRENT YEAR devs made that were good and got themselves famous what with

Bungie IS a "current year dev" you half literate coon.

Link them.

Look user, I know you've been under alot of stress lately but have you perhaps considered that's WHY I posted that idea?

i can't get into marathon that much, most of the maps are mostly unintuitive mazes so i spend most of the time walking around not shooting at anything in durandal, the gunplay is pretty solid tho with dual wielding shotguns

6,000 Feet Under is by far the worst level in this regard. It almost ruins the rest of the game.

Thanks for contributing nothing.

Fine
>4.Meta threads about Holla Forums, halfchan, Holla Forums, its policies, bans, and users will be bumplocked.
Does that clear-up things for you yet or must i draw an oekaki?

How does a thread celebrating a victory over Reddit fall under that rule? Mods are abusing their power.

user, I'm starting to think those long hours on the NEET job are really taking its toll on you. You should take a load off and play some VIDEO GAMES to relax. Your tendency to lash out at others is unseemly ;_;

I am playing videogames.

Marathon.

You should play it too.

nigger

i should get into playing marathon again, i have played psx doom and im loving the creepy space horror atmosphere of these kind of shooters

12 FUCKING YEARS AGO?
ON A DIFFERENT IMAGEBOARD ALTOGETHER?
Why?Doesn't 4chan allow you to anymore?Or don't they even fucking remember?

you fucking nigger
If you had spent more than a few months ie summer here then you'd realize that most of this userbase is FROM 4/v/

that doesn't mean you have to bring it with you everywhere you go
YOU DOUBLE NIGGER

Durandal has a less spooky atmosphere than the first one. It was neat exploring relatively intact alien structures, but they were well lit and you did get reinforcements for a few of the missions.

You're defending mod abuse. You are less than nothing. How does this make you feel?

12 years ago Holla Forums didn't even exist, there weren't many imageboards out there(in english) but halfchan.

maybe you should sit and ponder long and hard on the reasons why you are over here and not over there and re-evaluate them

Great thread. Good thing all the vols are fucking off being normalfags, probably watching handegg.

Oh yeah?What are you?A rocket scientist or something?

boy i sure do love my discussion about marathon that is totally happening right now. OP you dumb motherfucker why do you have something else to derail the thread

Not my fault gay niggers are detracting.

What's the best weapon and why is it the fusion pistol?

I like how the Fusion Pistol actually got stronger as the series progresses rather than weaker. Energy Weapons>Projectile

There was 7chan.

I am absolutely shocked that Marathon hasn't been rebooted yet. What's the reasoning behind this?

isn't that called halo

pfft who cares about oldschool shooters? now it's all about that mmorpgfps shit hybrid that doesn't have any endgame content and half of it locked behind the microtransaction store, and has (((expansions))) with fucking nothing, i can assure you it's not a thinly veiled monthly subscription goy, and we are going to be Activison Blizzard's prostitute for the next 10 years!

Is this what you do user? Go into other peoples threads and ruin their good times?

He has autism, excuse him.

Reminder that DOOM will always be for reddit faggots.

I hope you're trolling.

I'm just glad it hasn't really. The only possible good would be increased interest in the originals resulting in Alephone being improved, but Activision would likely be involved in it being made and it would be absolutely atrocious.

Also increased publicity isn't necessarily good, Doom modding is big and we're stuck with asshats like Graf Zahl.

It's a meta thread.

Christ, sick of these underage faggots contributing nothing to the thread. Don't you have anything helpful to say? No? Then get the fuck out of the thread. Filtered.

I'm not sure how the '3D' worked in this game, or if it was any different with how Doom did it. When it came to jumping off of ledges, it gave me some of the most sickening feelings I've ever had while playing a game. On top of that, it was almost impossible to look down. Just blind leaps of faith sometimes.

you can not censor the truth. YOU CAN NOT SILENCE THE VOICES OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. people deserve to know that the corruption is real. TRUTH IS JUSTICE. mark and his biased and corrupt abusive moderatorship should step down and hand the board off to responsible people who do not abuse power and censor people. they are playing with the ability to ban people like a game for their own enjoyment.
save this before it's taken down. they don't want you to find out what is going on
media.8ch.net/file_store/c5f87bca63f40686ea3368c1fa79b5b732db3d3da1fa322cb7554fb88e09618c.png
http s :/ / me d ia . 8 c h .n e t/ fi le _ s to re / c5f8 7bc a63 f40 686 ea336 8c 1fa 79 b5b 73 2d b3d 3d a1fa3 22c b75 54 fb 88e0 9618c .png

Stop ruining your own thread OP, you fucking faggot. Managing to fuck up even a Marathon thread should be bannable.

Marathon is actually 4D, meaning multiple spaces can be placed in the same position, which allows multiple rooms to be technically placed over eachother (and why there are overlapping sections on the automap of some levels), though you can't show the inside of both those rooms at once. There is a secret area in the final level of M1 and a multiplayer map called 5D Space or something like that which showcases that, though when done intentionally without trying to hide it makes it confusing as all shit.

Aleph One actually allows you to edit the FOV which makes the game a ton less nauseating to play, though this can only be done with a custom script because the faggots in charge are so old-fashioned that they still haven't implemented a FOV slider. They're still making new versions (when they actually update the damn thing) compatible for the fucking PowerPC. Almost two decades in and they still haven't managed to get it to run on 60+fps either.

Ah yeah

I remember playing partway through the first game and then stopping but I can't remember why. It was years ago, I think I got stuck maybe? Is that a thing? Where you need to figure out the right place to go and the right console or key to use or something? If not I might be thinking of something else, but I almost never stop playing a game through to the end if it's good.

that's pretty contradictory honestly

Marathons environments make me sick.

Even though I like Marathon, it and the fan maps have this tendency towards being very angular and geometric, as well as being significantly more confusing than Doom maps, on some of them you can spend half an hour+ wandering around trying to find a terminal or something. This isn't helped by the fact most of the guns aren't as satisfying to use as the ones in Doom.

Marathon rarely had any "finding the right key" levels I only remember 1 in particular because it was so huge and you needed oxygen and it was figuring out the right switch combinations. The Phor ship maps have a "explore everything" mission objective, and the last level is basically "dick moves left and right". However for whatever reason younger Anons can't tolerate the euclidean geometry Marathon has because of how levels are made and generated by the it's engine. There is a map key.
They also probably play the game as if you're not supposed to be dodging left and right and chicken out of punching aliens to death.