Why the fuck doesn't Sony take the already perfect gameplay of CTR...

Why the fuck doesn't Sony take the already perfect gameplay of CTR, slap on it some characters from new and old franchises and just waits to rake in the money

Is there something I'm missing here? Is there a single reason why Sony wouldn't want their own party racing game?

Incompetence.

Its probably more complex than that. Good chance the build for CTR is dead/missing. Also

I don't mean literally "take the code from CTR", I'm just saying take all the gameplay elements, replicate them in a new game and then release that

nigguh

I'd buy it if it got a PC/SteamOS release, so probably never. Until then I'll just play the PS1 version.
But they'd definitely need to add the characters from other racing games to make it more interesting:
Crunch, N. Trance, Velo, Pasadena, Nina, Von Clutch. Possibly even N. Brio, Kong, Twins, Rilla Roo.
It would be great if they added CNK tracks since most of them were good (unlike CTTR), although I don't see this ever happening.

what emu+OS are you using? Always worked fine for me.

Suits and exec's don't come from video game development. They come from marketing and other places therefor they have no background knowledge on why their games sell.

PCSXE and Win 7. I've had no issues with other PS1 games. Maybe it was a sketchy file.

Interesting. Try it on an android device or a different PC. If it's still not working then the file is corrupted. Try comparing the hash of the file with the one provided on the website you downloaded it from, it included.

It's Activision now

Weirdly, my old HDD couldn't play it but my new one can (I only just tried CTR now). Maybe I set up PCSXE wrong, yet right enough for the other games I tried.

maybe because they dont give a fuck about pathetic kiddie games and want to make movies instead ?

Sony's current audience are up their-own-ass cinematic snob SJWs who despise fun for being too "childish" and "problematic". Every game has to be shitty creatively-bankrupt movies politicized with a "social message" now.

Jak and Daxter is too good. Then Jak II happened, which started ND's decline into mature games for mature gamers.

That wasn't naughty dog. Also Uncharted is just crash bandicoot with guns and no fun.

Seems to me that whenever a company tries to recapture an old PS1 game, THPS and Crash come to mind. They just get burnt really badly.

CTR does emulate, I've used it with a Negcon plugin and a racing wheel and it's perfect.

oh fuck, I just realized. You need a legit BIOS and not the emulated one to make it run properly. I found that out the hard way with NFS3 and Ridge Racer Type 4.

My impression was that Uncharted was just a poor man's Prince of Persia.

Uncharted is like if you took Tomb Raider, removed the gameplay and slapped on cinematic bullshit instead. It only gained a degree of popularity because there was fuck all else on the PS3 back then.

Good question, CTR is pretty much everything you need in a cart game without adding gimmicky crap. Let me post Chodemonkey.

You're prob right, I've really only ever seen the shitty 'platforming' sections where Drake's just kind of shimmying along ledges while stuff happens around him.

They don't own CTR
Much like most of their Good IPs they lost over the years.

Throw in some very bland third person shootouts and that's the bulk of the 'gameplay'.

The fuck are you talking about?

probably talking about his own experiences, don't get so defensive emunigger

More importantly, why is this fucking game so hard to emulate efficiently
I get all the CB 123+Bash going smoothly but the only game I really wanna get my hands on keeps crashing epsxe

They grew up

Try pcsxr-pgxp

Him and all but one of the people working at Naughty Dog now never even worked on Crash