Depressing vidya

Post 'em.
PS: cuckchanners leave

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0mrOfNRJvAM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

most depressed i've been at a game in the past few months has been an eu4 campaign i started as an irish opm, thomond, and seeing england ally scotland, restarting, having it happen again, restarting again, and having it happen a third time. straight depression, son.

The first one is only depressing because the only reason I bought the game, that talking flower that posed a credible threat was screwed gameplay wise, was replaced with a shitty tumblr skeleton, then written to suffer for eternity unless you kill him. Sometimes I want to fix that game, make it fun and fix the problems I had with every ending, but I don't have the skills.
The second one should be obvious. NO ONE STOPPPPPSSSSSSSSS

No, you are the cuckchanner.

you have the "no jon, you are the demons" strip?
can't seem to find it

I'm fucking retarded
sage for double post

🤔

hi mark

Not that I want to open this can of worms, but how the absolute fuck did you get THAT as the outcome of the story?

Hello user.

You want depressing, cunt? Well then, prepare your anus.

Hey Johnny what's up?

Ketosis

Why don't you come to the planetarium? The beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter what. All the stars in the sky are waiting for you.

Mr Customer, where have you gone?

The demo spoiled me with that flower. I expected him to play a more major role than what he got, and the skeleton was a fucking retarded decision to make his replacement. After the TP route, he returns to being the damn unfeeling flower that tried to kill himself but couldn't. In the neutral routes he just runs away or some shit, and the only way to fix it is to end his life. The biggest gut punch though was the after credits credits dodging segment that opened the secret door in the Forrest before Snowdin. Could have had something there, but chose to not do anything for the flower. I guess when the game is telling me the entire way through that this one fucking character is suffering something so horrifying, then leaves it unresolved I don't take to it. You don't even get the option to say fuck you to the bitch that made him that way and kill her. The game fucking forces you to accept her as "oh lol she's a good guy nao i guess lamo" like the tumblrtard toby is.

good anime tbh

I think you might have missed the major themes of the story. Neither of the skeletons were his replacement in any way. You're also missing the point that the idea is he's fucking dead and you can't save him (beyond what you already do, which is show him that kindness does still exist and his entire worldview has become warped). And Alphys was not "a good guy now", Alphys was always a morally grey character. She made a mistake nobody could have predicted and didn't realize the effect bringing a merged monster-human soul back into a physical vessel would have, let alone would she have any way of knowing Asriel/Chara's personality would have turned out the way it did. The central theme, as all the mercy and sparing talk should tell you, is to look for the good in everyone and try to forgive. I've gone on long enough about this autistic topic, but so I'll just leave it here and say you're looking at it both the themes and the roles of the characters in a very skewed way.

>Neither of the skeletons were his replacement in any way.
Implying
Sans meta schtick was the exact fucking shit Flowey was pulling, and I would rather have an interesting character do it than a retarded tumblr skeleton.
No shit, he's dead, and yet he lives. Forever. In perpetual fucking agony and unable to rest. A fate that I couldn't even come up with as a cruel and twisted punishment. Not just that, without his sacrifice, the entire human race would have had to been annihilated in order for monsters to live on the surface, and his eternal reward is hell? You were already pulling shit out your ass in TP with muh "it refused" but preventing someone from going back to a living fucking hell was too much?
>alphys
Then why the fuck doesn't it give you any chance to face her? Why is she the only one to survive genocide and no mercy?
Hell is where I draw the line, no being should be forced into something so cruel. Even if Alphys did it on accident, she still covered it up to save her own ass instead of coming clean like a fucking coward. I saw no good in her, because toby didn't write anything good about her, and only made her worse the more you made it through the game.
Point is, I wouldn't have made the game toby made, there's no way I could punish my fictional characters that don't exist that way for doing the right thing. Shoot, I could probably come up with more fun game-play for it too keeping with the turn based shootem up gimmick.

Yeah pretty depressesld at how hard this IP started jumping the shark once it transitioned to 3D

Most Icepick Lodge games, but The Void takes the cake. The atmosphere it totally hopeless. Game's just ok though.

The Witcher 3. I got the worst ending on my first playthrough because I treated my daughter like a daughter instead of a stronk womyn. That was a punch in the gut.

She is actually alive you mong, finish the last mission in that out of the way inn

That's not the worst ending.

I disagree with you but not the reasons you would think for and I agree with you but not for the reasons you would think for.
I think making a tragic story sometimes is good, putting a character in torment or having it die an unjust death can inspire those who play the game with a lot of feelings, for example recently I punished a druid in my D&D campaign by killing his pet: he was careless, sent it to fight without respite so the pet simply caved in and died after being set on fire.
It was a sad moment, heart breaking… but I am glad it happened, it expanded the character development of the druid, of the group and of the story.
So when you say
You are crippling yourself.
Sometimes the a story can be unfair, sometimes you can be left high and dry, that's part of range of feelings a story can inspire on you.

I agree however that Sans, Papyrus and Alphys had terrible plot points.
Sans and Papyrus were fine in the beginning but the fact they dragged on for so long was overdone: Flowey was simply more interesting.
I would've rather have Flowey constantly trying to fuck things up, trying to prove me wrong and shit like that than having Sans bounce in now and then with his gags.
Sans was as a matter of fact a great comic relief but that's the point: he was there for comedy value, even his final big fight it's basically a never ending set of jokes (for example him dodging, him attacking out of turn, him dunking you, his special attack, etc).
Having more of Flowey would've been much better than having more of Sans and I would've rather have Flowey as strongest boss in the game than Sans (granted that Flowey's "final form" was pretty fun, I'll admit that much).
Alphys meanwhile is completely worthless, always and perpetually.
Her character is just… tedious.
She fucks up everything and does so constantly, she is a coward, she delays the plot and yet in the end she gets her happy ending without repercussions.
Basically, a mary sue.
A game without Alphys would've been a great improvement.

Boss.

Oh, I also want to add that Flowey being Asriel was kinda a lame twist of event in my opinion.
Flowey being the true personification of evil would've been much better than him being "misunderstood" or "a pained soul".

I realize that, but the suffering is beyond the point where any additional meaning could be inferred from the story other than "I really fucking hate this character and want him to suffer for an eternity."
That's what I'm not willing to do. Nothing comes from the tragedy that could have come from say the route nier took with self sacrifice playing into it. It's lame to just say "lol he's fucked and you can't do anything about it" more than giving you an option, to do something to change it. I'd happily punish characters unfairly, but the extent was what I was getting at, I'm sorry I didn't make it clear, I'm half asleep.

I still disagree.
Sometimes things need to be completely and utterly unfair.
I can agree however that the way Undertale does it isn't really that enjoyable.
Ultimately while you can make the reader/player/watcher uncomfortable, sad or even desperate you also need to make sure that they will also remember this feeling fondly, aka you need to make sure that this feeling you give them will make them enjoy themselves.
Like watching a horror movie, being terrified is what you are looking for and the fear brings enjoyment.
Overall, Undertale feels like a lot of wasted potential, a story of people that never get what they actually deserve.

I'm still fucking it up.
was what I was trying to get at
it's not enjoyable, and there were clear ways to fix shit that weren't taken
I think
I'm not good at writing down my thoughts

I approve of this thread.

This game is antithetical to happiness

I really enjoy seeing you acting like adults in argumentation.

Nice.

Do you think Austin hates us now that he's gone off the deep end?

Is that a fact? How unfortunate. I'd like to see some proof of such accusation, however.

The dude seemed lit while he was here to begin with, took the banter quite in stride. Unlike the faggot what cried off to leddit.

Asscreed black flag.

Yer a pirate
You do pirate/assassin things
40 hours of gameplay (20 of them just filler shit to improve your ship, but ok because assaulting and robbing enemy ships is repetitive but fun)

Then comes the end. All your friends are dead. All the age that you lived has come to an end. Your wife is dead and you must leave your waifu while you come back to England with your daughter.

It's the only depressing thing that I found In the games industry in the last 5 years.

Every last entry of a great series is depressing when the realisation you're never going to experience something like it for the first time again, and that there will never be a sequel to it hits you. Or more generally, the credits of any good vidya.

Final Fantasy 13

It's 60 hours of button mashing, and the strategy is never any deeper than using the R buttons to switch to button mashing the heals/spells all the while the game holds your hand to a degree walking simulators like gone home could only dream of.

Very true. But in a sense, in the modern era, would you want it to be revived, most likely as a casualized DLCfest and risking being [CURRENT YEAR]ed, or a mobile reboot not even aimed at the original audience? Some series are better left as is, assuming they effectively died while still having some dignity about them, rather than be raised as a zombie.

Congratulations on cleaning out your backlog.

Fucking Hero of Time had the most shit life.

From what dungeon is this Draugr?

I too felt disappointed that the characters that deserve mercy kills (Flowey, Amalgamates) were invincible.

Yes, god yes. The ending completely gets me every time. It's a pretty fun game in and of itself but the characters really make it outstanding in my eyes, each of them being fun and loveable in their own way. But as the game goes on they slowly die off, until there's nothing left but the empty loneliness of loss. Then that little ray of hope that is his daughter comes and you see that everything might be alright, but nothing will ever be the same, those friends are still dead and your age of freedom is gone.

Teagan did nothing wrong

>tfw Mami is turned into a cannonball
>tfw Elina asks Crey to kill her
>tfw Fou-lu did nothing wrong

tfw YIIK might be out by then to be roasted fully

While I don't believe it's in the game itself, don't forget that his daughter gets kidnapped, he gets murdered trying to stop it, and his daughter then gets forced into sexual slavery for twenty years. All perpetrated by a friend he was going to marry his daughter to, even.

His dad died, everyone knows this.

I hate the idea that OoT Link is butthurt that no one recognizes him after he was sent back in time to prevent the events that would have given him recognition in the first place.

When did that happen?

Depressing from beginning to end

Absurdity aside, Barkley: Shut Up and JAM! Gaiden is legitimately one of the saddest video games I have ever played.

at least the different ending was pretty nice, that fox fucker still gets away though

I'm not event a ghost

It is like a surrealistic painting

To the moon was pretty depressing for a "game"

The famously removed mission 51 that contained baby liquid's finale would have completely ruined the sadness of MGS5's ending. It was better to get nothing.

Wasn't it retconned beyond any doubht that the hero's shade was not Link? The armor was a dead giveaway to begin with.

>tfw in water ending

It's interesting you know…
Apparently some of the dialogue from Barkley 2 (inb4 never ever) nearly made some dude cry at pax.
The devs commented that barkley having no set tone allows it to do both funny and emotional at the same time
B2 is gonna rock the world and I can't wait

>not dog ending

Don't get too agitated. When they said "2023" they weren't kidding.

I know
>tfw we must S.U.F.F.E.R. for 5 more years

Goddamnit user

First for the loss of an innocent soldier
Second for when reality kicks in

Really makes you think.

Did someone remake Desert Bus in Unity or something?

I’m glad I never finished it now.

I suck at the first two, so I probably couldn't ever do it. Pikmin 3 was, however, quite easy, so I could probably do it in that.
Pikmin 2 would be the hardest. I hate that damn dungeon with the steamroller thing. When I first played, I had no idea how to defeat it, and I'm pretty sure I had no purple pikmin to use either. Fuck that.

I did Pikmin 1 in nine days, but I don’t think I’ve ever done a no death run.

???

you have to go back

do not do this

That phrase hit me hard.

life is not a video game

Life is THE videogame.

The reason Katawa Shoujo hits hard is because it feels a lot like real life. You finish it and realize how much of your life you wasted thinking you were fine sitting at home alone playing CS 1.6 all alone, except you'll never get that same level of opportunity to go out and meet people and enjoy your life ever again. Instead the best you can do when socializing is going into your shitty dead end job asking the 60-year-old cashier named Barbara how her grandkids are doing.

So much so that I don't even have fun playing it. I mean, it took it's self way to serious.

well thankfully visual novels aren't video games

Can you spoiler individual images?

Only mods can, but that user is a faggot for caring about incredibly vague spoilers for a 7 year old game. Next he'll complain about me saying that Snape kills Dumbledore.

It's Desert Bus…. IN VR!!!!

WHAT THE FUCK DUDE

I was too confused about what the fuck was happening to be depressed.

Did someone say dog ending?

I'm sort of convinced The Painful was something of a love letter to his father, since Brad was based off of him and shared the same name. Then his father dies, the parasites swoop in, and he goes SJW. I feel only disappointment and I lament what happened to Austin.

I was honestly shocked when Jenny mutated and reverted back to her human form during the boss fight just to say "Help me!".
After this the rest of the game becomes much more depressing and bleak.
Maybe nothing special today, but when I played this the first time it left quite an impression on me.

>the scene where Zach says goodbye to York and the Goddesses
>putting down Thomas
This game was a wild ride.

🤔

All of the personalities he turns into are of people Garcian killed in a previous life
He killed himself out of guilt, and was reborn into an man who now works as an assassin for the US government
He was brainwashed in his previous life to carry out the whims of the ruling Japanese party, so both sides are trying to manipulate him
His briefcase he carried the entire game has the weapons of all the other personalities, except his own gun. He was lying to himself the entire time.

Zeldos are not descendants of one another, they are reincarnations
And he never returned to hyrule after majora's mask, he just went off and got lost****

Majora's Mask is kind of really fucked in that case if you view the events as being manifestations of Link's psyche and not just a random mask magic world, whether or not you buy into the theory that he was dead the whole time

He was recognized as a hero in the events leading up to MM, probably not super seriously since it was just on the word of the princess whose visions were already ignored by adults, and all he got was a slightly different shield, but seriously enough to be talked about

Though on the other hand it was definitely pretty serious if you take into account that the most OoT dicksucking game in the franchise, TP, takes place in the child timeline

The only thing MGSV's rushed non-ending and cut content did was unintentionally further the game's theme of phantom pain
Which is unironically kinda cool in its own right, that theming is one of the few things the game did really well, but it's not better than actually getting a full fucking game

I really, really like this meme

user but the problem isn't you, the problem was the other people. You didn't waste your time, they failed to being worth your time hence why you went and looked for alternatives to spent it in the first place.
The common people out there in the Western World are sadly not like the good people you meet inside Video Games, because the culture and life that would create them is currently being corroded and only exist in pockets for the wealthy to enjoy.
If they couldn't hold the interest of your younger version, think about what hanging out with these people would be for your older self. You would be just as downtrodden as you are now, just without video games to give you escapism and inspiration.
Don't use your hobby to drag yourself down, use it to improve yourself and change your life for the better.

;_;

>coach oleander only pretends to be a war hero
>milla's children burned to death and she could hear their screams with her psychic powers
>those high kids that cheer you on in the first level try to kill themselves together at least once
>mr cruller can't leave the camp without going insane until the ending

the asriel fight made me tear up because the KEEP FIGHTING ME SO I CAN PLAY WITH YOU FOREVER thing reminded me of a relative that died right before the game came out

I see it.

I never played it fully, the time thing is so stressful… Is there a way to slow it down at one moment or another along the game?

What that you spent your time playing a shit VN? I can't blame you for feeling that regret user.

You have to be retarded to use them though. Fucking niggertech is yet another way to kill the internet.

Actually yes, you learn a song for the ocarina that slows the flow of time.

That's taking things too far in that particular way and a very charitable way to look at it.

In a way, I'm glad I was raised in "internet culture", it allowed me to learn so many things and expand my mind so much that I shudder just to think the mongoloid I could have become had I joined the masses.

But on the other hand, I never got to casually talk with other people about dumb simple shit, I can hold simple conversations but I barely talk about me or reveal that there's a person inside of me for everyone else to know.
Despite having this vast knowledge inside of me, despite being incredibly empathetic to the point I can't see suffering without feeling it as well, I still come across everyone as a robot, that I'm not actually interesting or atractive at all.

This has nothing to do with looks actually, I've already been told that it's because I seem to place a wall between me and everyone else. I don't place a fucking wall, I don't even see it or notice me doing it and yet I know it's there, I just do it so naturally it's now a part of me.
And because of this, I'll always be the unaprochable weird silent guy that nobody knows very well and nobody is curious enough to know more.

And I'm trapped here, because I don't find anyone else interesting either, I feel no need to socialize and I have no idea how to even go about it.
Despite having the need to be loved, for affection, I can't ever attain it because it's a completely alien concept to me.
It's like when you spend a long time without drinking water but you're busy with something. You don't feel thirsty ever, but you'll feel your mouth drying up and the headaches increasing as your vision gets spotty.
You'll never feel the need to chat up the normalfags about the trivial shit they talk about. But you'll feel cold, alone, with no support and longing for attention and love.

This would actually be quite the blogpost, but you could replace me with yourself and it would still apply.

And you know, it's because of this that Katawa Shoujo hit hard. I knew exactly what meant when he wrote that.

See, most visual novels or videogames are on this side of the uncanny valley when it comes to narrate "real life". They have common concepts but they are also clearly written for dramatic or comedic purposes. You might believe that those characters could exist or that the story makes sense given what's happening, but you never lose the idea that it's a fantasy, that it's not real.
That is not to say said fantasy can't inspire deep feelings in you (I'm remenbering now that VN about the dog girls and Teaching Feeling) but it's still it's own thing that exists in that fantasy.

So in comes Katawa Shoujo that, despite the overall themes, names and artstyle, it's still written by western devs.
The story and the dialogue are still… Relatable. Not in the sense that you'd end up in a school of crippled hot girls, but in the sense that, sure this is actually what a normal life school would look and sound like.
Just teenagers talking about their interests, meeting by accident because they share some of them and developing an intimate relationship over time.
It's so relatable that it crosses the uncanny valley into the "this could have been me…" territory.

And then you look at your own life and you realize it could have indeed been you. If you weren't the fuck up you were.
If you didn't said all that stupid shit, if you didn't spent so much time alone, if you weren't so scared all the time, if you actually showed some spine or simply if things were different.
Except, now you're 25+ years old, AKA the threshold where nobody ever gives a shit about you unless you're a girl. Probably not even you care about yourself at this point which is why you're gaining weight and not giving a fuck or you don't feel guilty anymore for staying home all the time.

All that game ended up doing was show you a realistic perspective at what your life could have been and then reminding you that the chance to live that kind of life, to have those teenager romances, you missed it. And now you're never gonna get the chance to try it again.

I heard once that Hell is this: on your last day on earth, the man you could have become visits you so you can look at him.
That's what Kataway Shoujo ended up being for a lot of people.

whoever did that jojo teagan did a good job
Teagan quest when

nier had some moments. as did automotor

Can we just leave it at "katawa dick is real"

I was 20 something when I discovered Katawa Shoujo…

When I got to a certain scene with a certain best girl I had to get up from my workstation and I cried. It had introduced to me a new concept that was beautiful and pure.

That year I spent my birthday by myself in a bathtub with a bottle of vodka.

I have long since stopped posting on /ksg/ and I am well forgotten there, they still post to this day new people always discovering the game and coming to post and talk for a year or six months.

We're all gonna make it if we try.

undermeme is not a video game. fuck off jew.

Not even memeing.

Nights of Azure depresses the hell out me currently though it's simply because it refuses to run well and i've come to realization that i've wasted 16euros on it with no likelihood of even getting a refund since it was on a bundle.

Fucking shitty jrpg-ports i swear and fuck being a weeb, i see a neat looking jrpg and without second thought empty my wallet only to be left with disappointment in some way every fucking time! Depressing! SAD!

I too cried when I figured out you couldn't really romance kenji

Can't believe people mention Nier but not Drakengard, 1 specifically. That game is a pure black spiral of depression. I'm just glad I didn't get caught in it, that shit is fucked up.

What was the point they just suffer and die. All of the Snakes lives were for nothing and the Bosses.

It would be better for everyone if Solid Snake was never born.

My first play through was Emi bad end just playing by heart and making choices I would have made. This was very upsetting because it was much too akin to real life.

This was a well known fact and you still went in regardless instead of pirating. You have only yourself to blame

No because that's not the point and if this isn't talked about in detail then all that's gonna be said is that it's a meme game. It is, but that's besides the point.
What it does to you is just a consequence and you can't change anything about it.
what actually matters is why it makes you feel like that and that's something you can indeed change as long as you accept some things first.

People would mention it more if they actually played it I suppose. The market for JRPGs that aren't about comic lolis, panty shots or killing god is quite slim.

I know, i hate myself right now for being a gullible fool. I should know full well that most jrpg ports are garbage yet i buy them anyway like the good little weeb-lamb i am!

You are 100% correct, as I was rotting away in /ksg/ I noticed these people were in love with their hopelessness thinking about all the time they had already wasted and feeling nothing but despair.

Me, I started lifting weights and putting my pain and frustration into punishing myself. I made a conscious decision to "be the kind of man that deserves a waifu like best girl" and yes I did get severe Katawa dick, I wasn't even getting hard looking at the lewdest of lewds.

Drakengard is about killing god, the main reason people don't play it is because the gameplay is not exactly fun. It's really hard to get yourself to play to the point where it sucks you in for a spiral of depression and self hate where the bad gameplay actually reinforces the experience.

Would you say I became a hero?

Look user, I get that this was a game tailor made for anons by other anons but thinking that it isn't just another dating sim with old Holla Forums memes shoved in once in awhile is ridiculous. I don't even know why you got all emotional about it, it's just a clone of other dating sims with a splash of board culture and cripple fetish themes.

I hope at least for your sake that this is all just ironic shit-posting,

user, it's an objectively observable phenomenon with a large segment of the target audience
There's a reason /ksg/ has had so many threads over the past half decade that the actual number has been lost to time

Dating VNs don't have characters, they have tropes and fetishes. A bookworm shy girl will stay a bookworm and shy the whole time because those traits are not only what defines her but what the player finds appealing in her. The whole point is to provide you with a neat sexual fantasy regarding the girls, but in the end you still know it's only a fantasy and there are no girls that talk or behave like these "characters" IRL.
That's perfectly okay, its a videogame and it's not supposed to be realistic after all.

However KS doesn't do that. The girls seem written as tropes at first but as you get to know them, they are actually characters. They have flaws and problems, they think and act as you'd expect people to, they are essencially quite believable characters in themselves.
Or to put in other way, in regular VNs, you'd doubt the personality and character of a girl is realistic before doubting if there are girls with huge melon sized tits like that. In KS, the cripple part is the most extraordinary thing about them, everything else is so "normal" compared to regular VNs that it could very well be an actual person.

And let's not forget that most VNs put you into specific contrived situations for the sake of the plot or to fullfill some trope like "beach day". Again, it's all fun and well because it's a fantasy and it serves it's purpose as escapism. Meanwhile KS is just regular school life filled with situations that propably happened to you anyway. It's the school life that you could have had, it doesn't sound like a fantasy or escapism as it's written.

I hope you're being dense on purpose or that you're actually so dumb you did not understood this yourself because you either had quite an amazing childhood or this shit would touch you immidiatly.

Hanako's shyness isn't a moe quirk of her character, it's a fucking disease that is destroying her from the inside and it spreads to you.
Emi's not outgoing or a slut, she has horrible commitment issues because she expects to lose everyone she loves and can't form close ties because of that.
Lily's quite a perfect match, but even when you try your best, it might just not be enough especially if you don't trust other people.

You know what I just described? Classical issues that almost everyone in the /ksg/ made when they were younger.
They never revealed much of themselves for fear of not being accepted, they never tried very hard to make close ties with other people because they expect to lose them anyway, they stay alone, thinking they are enough for themselves but they know they fucking aren't and they resent everyone that shows pity for them, they try their damn best to keep things as they are and yet the world keeps on turning and they just can't accept it.

This is why KS is more than "a clone of other dating sims". Because the characters weren't written to be fetish fuel, they were written to be the stupid mistakes you did when you were younger and that's why it hurts so fucking much to some people while others don't much care.
Not everyone had an amazing childhood filled with teenager flirting and friends, some of us spent our time alone, thinking that things would be different once everyone grew up but what do you know? Turns out you need to be social in order to actually grow up so now you feel like you're still a kid in an adult's world and you wonder what the fuck has just happened.

Then KS comes up and it shows you not what happened but what could have happened instead.

Again like I said, I get its VN made by anons for anons but treating it other than what it is; another highschool dating VN, is fucking retarded. You can pretty much pick out any of them and you'll feel the same thing, shall we go through the similar trends?
I mean c'mon user, dating VNs that offer nothing but the whole "slice of life" thing in their story are the lowest tier VNs. The whole "real-life realization" meme is shared among hardcore fans of other dating sims. Shall we see the trends again?
Pay attention to one of our boards banners, you know the one with Marche from FFTA. I think it applies to you and other anons.

You're trolling aren't you?

real life

You're over-simplifying this out of your own volition.
You might as well be saying that Counter Strike and Quake are the same type of games because several faggots go into a map and shoot each other with guns over several rounds.

In "regular" VNs, what's there to find out is something contrived, unrealistic or simply unlikely to happen to regular people. That's not to say it doesn't make for good drama, but it's not something that gets to you in the same way because you'd never expect to be in a similar situation or meet someone in such a situation.

In "regular" VNs, her problem is often related to the story itself, that you'll solve in a very shonen way by overcoming whatever problem it is. But in the end, it's mostly the story solving itself and while it can also make for a neat drama, it will never make you stop and think about yourself because, again, you don't have similar problems or know someone with similar problems either.

In "regular" VNs, user wishes he had a life like that, but he finds comfort in knowing that there are no monster girls or big titty girls that fall in love because you like to read books or whatever basic plot there is. It's a nice fantasy but it stops there.
In KS however, user puts himself in the place of the girls themselves instead and sees that they never met their other half because they stuck to their corner all the time or they were too afraid or some other excuse.
The difference is that one is a fantasy you know you can't have, the other is something that you actually missed out on.

You're not getting it. The point is not that anons prefer escapism, everyone understands that KS is fiction and it can't happen.
However it's like holding a mirror and seeing your own mistakes play out, mistakes you can't solve anymore.
There's no escapism for this shit, you either accept it and move on or you're stuck in the /ksg/ instead.

Marche's quote is about running away from the real world into a fantasy one that caters to you and that's what other VNs are.
KS however is opening a door to easy escapism only to see slideshows of your early years instead but with a happy face instead. And knowing that it's fake.

How in the flying fuck do you have such selective reading you'll pick on that sentence alone and not the rest that's in the very same line?!?!

No, Emi's not a slut. She doesn't charge money nor does she sleep with multiple people at the same time or with people she doesn't like.
She has a very casual attitude towards sex because she enjoys it as well like every healthy girl does but she can't establish deep ties with other people.
Her being "used goods" is indeed a character flaw and it's part of her as a character. It's a terrible psychological problem she has unresolved.

And "being in love" is not a requirement for sex, you prude. That's a requirement for an intimate relationship.

Holy shit katawafags head over to the visual nivel thread.

I didn't get a chance to read the original thread, years ago. What happened?

I think I understand now why the general has like a gorillion threads and counting

It's a thread about depressing vydia mate.
What's more depressing then a bunch of fags wallowing in their self-pity, unable to move forward and change themselves, even when they already know what the problem is?

Would you prefer we went back to Undertale and discuss how the game's mostly about seeing the best in everyone, forgiving and showing that we can work together for everyone's sake, only for the thread to devolve into people missing out the entire point of it and complaining it's not a traditional turn based RPG about exterminating the local wildlife on your quest to kill god or a generic villain?

Turbo-SJW game writes one of the main companions to have a big antagonist moment against the protagonist. She ends up being the only one in the game to make any goddamn sense in contrast to the gallery of deluded cunts.

Must be nice for the extent of your worries to be tied to stupid mistakes done in high school and dating. I consider you to be extremely lucky if being alone and making stupid mistakes in terms of relationships to be the extent of your worries in your teenage years . I think I would rather have that instead of what I went through in my teenage years, but if I did have your kind of worries in your teenage years I probably would be a soyboy like you and probably wouldn't have followed through with the choices I had to make.

I don't expect you to understand user. If you really did have a life-changing epiphany after playing KS, you would realize it's obvious flaws and very generic high school dating sim formula. Let's not pretend otherwise, I know it's your favorite but that doesn't make it less shit

Do you know what an oxymoron is? Slut sympathisers like you belong on a cross.

This is why nobody uses cuck anymore, retarded faggots like you watered it down to the point of meaninglessness

We were talking about why KS is not your average VN and why it affected so many people in the way it did, we weren't talking about "pity-olympics".
Nobody cares that you had to shank people for food when you were growing up because nobody made a VN about it, life in Uganda isn't interesting enough for that, sorry.

Soyboys don't have these kinds of problems because they capitulate that early, they are already soyboys at that age and they stay like that.
We did not capitulate, we ran away and made our own place inside our heads where we are happy but also lonely.

If they were that obvious, you'd easily have mentioned several by now, but you didn't.
If it was indeed that generic, you'd have given several concrete examples instead of wide generalizations instead.

Let's not pretend instead that reality doesn't exist. KS is talked far more than many other visual novels, some of which I also consider to be more well written than KS. But they aren't talked as much because they don't touch so many people this deeply and you're dismissing it away because it did not personnaly moved you or because you see nothing but the generic plot or it's not enough of a fantasy for you.
You're also still ignoring how every character is not a trope but rather a commentary on social\psychological fuckups and how the different endings are attained by surpassing those fuckups, not by wooing the girl unlike every other VN.

Again I'll repeat, I don't think anyone is saying that KS is some kind of amazing literary masterpiece and the most amazing VN every.
What people are telling you is that it felt a lot more personal and relatable to the point that it changed a lot of personal views on life and did so in such a unique way that it's still talked about to this day unlike many other better written or more interesting VNs.
And your counter-argument to this so far is still "well, I didn't relate to it at all so…"

Last I check, she doesn't do one night stands or dates multiple guys at the same time. She stays with a boy she likes until the moment he tries to take things more seriously, that's commitment issues, not being a slut.

First it was faggot, then it was cuck, next on the chopping block is soyboy I suppose. I'm sure I also missed a few that already came and went just as fast because beating dead horses is just as fun as beating meat.

Likes not loves. She has sex without love she has sex to keep a man around because she has no emotional attachment.

She's a stereotypical daddy issues slut this is not a difficult concept to understand.

Who is your best Katawa BTW? Also don't green text paraphrase it makes you look silly.

James, honey… Did something happen to you?
After we got separated in that long hallway?
Are you confusing me with someone else?
You were always so forgetful. Remember that time in the hotel?

Like I said, love is not a prerequisite for sex, Atraction is.
Love is a prerequisite for intimate relationships instead of which sex plays a part but it's not even the most important one.

That's completely backwards, she quickly dumps a guy the moment he tries to take things seriously, the exact oposite of what you're saying. Not only she wouldn't need sex to keep MC around, she willingly refuses to keep him around.
Because she FEARS emotional attachment, not because she has none. That's the entire point of her arc, to understand that specific difference.
You're right that this isn't a difficult concept to understand, quite the cliche even, and yet you still fucked it up.

I'm split. First Katawa was Emi like most people because the devs are retarded with flag bits but I loved the story. Then I did Hanako and Emi, stopped there because I couldn't take it anymore
It would likely be Hanako since it's the one I have most in common with, even though I know picking her as best Katawa for this reason is just prolonging the fuckup she portrays.
Close second would be Emi because I fucking cried like a bitch in the graveyard scene. Not because of "muh dead parents" but because seeing someone actually having the fucking courage to open herself like that to someone else is something I can't do mysefl
Lilly's too perfect for me, but I understand why she's so popular. Shizune and Rin I never did their routes so can't say. There's so much autism or dominatrix stuff I'm willing to take

Try harder user, you were the one whining how hard it was for you in high school. I merely pointed out that other people like me had it worse and it didn't weigh them down enough so they couldn't move on with their lives. If you need a VN like KS to have a life changing epiphany then I do feel bad for you.

Shall I also point out that water is wet? Nigga I just told you why it's bad, it follows the same trends and if does deserve praise it's for its slightly better thought out girls than other high school dating sims.
The reason I don't talk about is simply because other genres of VN's do it better, the fact that it has waifus doesn't mean that it's better.
It's talked about more because it was one of those few user projects that was a complete game by itself instead of a mod to a game, which is impressive. I still remember the clusterfuck that Bro Quest (am I remember the title correctly?) game was, where it was all just idea guys and artwork. Even Anton and Coolpecker has kinda fallen into development hell. Just because something is popular doesn't mean that it's not shit user.

*Then I did Hanako and Lilly

I was telling you that there were situations in some people's childhoods that they could relate KS to, not specifically talking about me.

Yes, you merely pointed out that has nothing to do with the discussion at all. How hard your life was has no bearing on KS discussion at all. The type of problems that people faced, shit that they didn't even knew they had done wrong till they were shown an alternative is what's relevant because that's what the game was about.

You have a severe lack of empathy, user. Literally can't understand why other people would relate to this shit simply because you yourself don't.

Nigger, some people actually pay a lot of cash for professional help to hear this kind of shit because it's not as simple as "just be yourself :D"
I'm not even saying any of this is normal or that common, what is being said here is that this is the reason why so many people talk so much about the game, that it's far more fucking relatable to them than any other VN.

No, of course not, why would you? Just repeat your opinion and follow it up with some more generalizations. Why focus on the specific points where things are different from each other when we can instead focus only on the things they have similar?

And yet another post without a single example, thanks for nothing.
I though I made it perfectly clear so far that it's also not because it has waifus but because the waifus are far more than fetish fuel.

Don't put words in my mouth, I already conceded several times that there are far better VNs out there, KS is not talked more because it's that great but rather because it's that relatable.
It's not even a matter of being popular, plenty of popular things show up and disappear anyway but KS is still here in several threads.
You want a better metaphor, it's a scar. It's not pretty and it's not popular, it's something that marked those that tried it and it sticks with you for a long time.

I strongly urge you to finish the game. I did this too I did Emi,Kenji (died), Hanako, Lilly, Shizune then I did not play the game I kept putting it off for over 6 months just talking in /ksg/ and saying I will eventually finish it.

You should do it just for closure, I think you will really like Rin.

I keep thinking about it, that I still want to see Shizune's and Rin's route.
I'm told that Shizune's a bit of a shitty one but it should at least be interesting while Rin rivals Lilly in popularity so I'm sure there are really good reasons in her story that aren't just smoking stories.

If I were to think like that, I'd have to see the bad ends as well and I can't bring myself to do that.
No only do I loathe the idea of making those girls sad, IRL is bad enough for that shit

Physcocucks 2 will probably be even more depressing.

I didn't suffer from KS that badly. If anything, the happy endings made me smile. The thing is, it's not like you never get bombarded with the "teen romances and friendship" memes from other sources than KS.
What KS showed me was someone else's potential life, not mine. I'm not 100% sure if I could unfuck myself if I had the chance to go back in time. Maybe I should have prayed more? Hell, God would have helped me, I just know it!

Katawafags go play a real VN

Ha ha… The only bad end I have experienced was Emi's one.

I never did the bad endings for any of the other girls it is easy to guess what the right course of action is. But yes I agree bad endings would be upsetting. You can have closure/completion without the bad endings gee this is strange how we both had a similar way of playing through this VN.

If you are alive and have your arms and legs then you can work on being the best possible version of yourself right now. I was deep in the pit of despair when I was playing this VN it had awoken a need within me to seek out a girl that had traits and qualities like best girl Not telling who and improve myself.

It is like Varg says "The best time to plant a tree is 10 years ago the second best time is now" if you had told me I would be where I am now with all I have achieved 2 years ago I would not believe it. Just try.

I do think maybe God helps me or I am very lucky sometimes.

I have had a long hard think about this, and I have come up with a conclusion.

I have determined that, no matter what situation you are in and what choices you are presented with in life, it always boils down to two options: keep pursuing your goal, or abandoning it.
No matter what, these are your two basic choices. Anything else is just a variation of the first two.

So you have to decide if pursuing your goals is worth it or not.
To decide this, you must consider the effort you put into it, and the reward you will get. Giving up is 0 effort and 0 reward, continuing is an unknown amount of effort and an unknown amount of reward 100% of the time. You don't even know how much longer you must keep going, how much more work there is to be done, if you can actually reach your goal, or if you will actually be happy with your results.

You simply never know what life could have given you. You don't know if there will ever be a payoff. So why bother at all?
You can either be a romantic and keep going even though you may never achieve your goals, or you can calculate coldly and just end it there. These are your two options. End it or keep trying.

As far as video games are concerned, nothing is more depressing to me than playing Daggerfall and Morrowind, imagining what the Elder Scrolls series could have been and seeing what it became. Oblivion is the reason I stopped buying games on release.

If you knew for certain that if you did certain things there would be a pay off no matter what would you do those things to get that pay off?

Depends on how much effort and how much payoff there is.

That wasn't the question.

There are certain things in life that guarantee pay off, granted you are not inept. Planting seeds, exercise and proper diet, digging a well over an aquifer, etc.

On top of that

SJWs are so deluded that when they try to write a villain they write from experience, they write what THEY consider a villain and derive their personality from people who got tired of their shit and called them out for the bullshit they place on other people.

In doing so, they create a character who lines up with normal morality and compared to their morality that character may as well be King fucking Arthur.

That WAS the question. If there is too much effort for too little payoff you obviously don't do it. If there is a reasonable amount of effort for a reasonable amount of payoff you obviously do it.

You seem to have misunderstood my original post though. You NEVER know what will happen, and thus you never know if something will pay off.

You're pretty much asking people who spend a ton of their time playing videogames whether or not they'd prefer if real life had experience bars and levelups.

Also Teagan's basically Casca except Teagan's world is monumentally more fucked up then Berserk's world ever will be.

You honestly don't know what you're talking about, exercise burns calories so you CAN eat more without getting fat, fat people eat based on habit without exercise, so that's why they get fat.
And when you do get fit, your body becomes far more efficient while resting and you can literally just eat a burger or meat and cheese sandwich and that'll sustain you for half a day.
When you're at rest and not fit, you'll eat more because your body's straining at rest and needs energy from calories to keep operating, not so when you're fit.

Also on farming

On top of making a well, just get a water purifier, there's loads that work using gravity alone and use reusable cleanable filters, and boil-collection methods to purify water still fucking work you shitter.

Get fucking good, you thing made of excuses and junk food.

What about beard who only wanted a quiet life after the war only to be nuked to smithereens once he got backjake who is killed by the only people he trusted and was loyal toor evan (arguably the only good person in the entire game) who alienates his family in favor of finding out the truth only to be killed before it reaches printor the schizo pardo who was never knew he was at least one of the other protagonists, if not more
Though I'll agree the henchman's was the most depressing.

I said
-Germinate the seeds indoors and then transplant them when they are strong.
-Exercise just enough to feel healthy and happy. /fit/ fags are the opposite of healthy and happy. They are insecure, mentally ill and overcompensating for their tiny IQs.
-What pollutes an underground stream? Fucking retards have been doing this for 5 thousand years to keep themselves hydrated.

Who the fuck was the glasses bitch again? I got partway through her route before getting bored and wandering off. Did all the other routes, they were pretty enjoyable. I remember hearing her route was trash and wasn't enjoying it, did I miss out on anything?

No it wasn't. You don't get to dictate the terms of what life gives you. Life gave you a yes or no question. There are no other perimeters. Answer it.

Name a historical figure that did great things that didn't require much effort and had a big pay off. Life isn't a videogame. You wont always win. But that's not the point of the thing.

I did not. I asked you a question and what you answer will lead us to where we go next.

That's an assumption without proof, and is irrelevant to my question to you.

I spoke from experience watching other people, which might not be much of an argument but the logic behind it still makes sense. Gains are made in the kitchen first, you have to eat more to support your exercise. I've seen a few "skinny" people go skinny>fit>fat, while the ones that didn't try to get fit stayed skinny for the most part, albeit with a somewhat bigger gut at age 60.
And for your information, I am quite healthy if just barely underweight according to BMI. My post is not an excuse for real life behavior, but for the argument that those things aren't magical videogame automatic payoffs of +2 STR if you lift and 6 berries if you plant one and wait a day.

Being inept or not does has nothing to do with it. You can have an IQ of 500, plant some seeds, and by your original argument this means you get guaranteed payoff. You didn't say you have to put in extra work, even if it's the intelligent thing to do, and it does in fact go against the original question where do one thing = guaranteed payoff.

Brainlets

YOU of all people certainly don't get to complain, you're the one that started the magical do one thing for automatic payout argument. The other guy at least had the sense to include intelligence as a secondary requirement, even if he forgot to include actually applying said intelligence.

There is no progress without work. When "doing thing" equals "guaranteed payoff," the proper steps are all included in the package of "doing thing." Dumping seeds in mud and walking away is not the same as "planting seeds." Consuming ground turkey and quinoa six nights a week and torturing your body with the crossfit cult until you blow out your sphincter is not the same as "diet and proper exercise." These things will always guarantee payoff if you actually do the things (which means follow the proper steps) as opposed to be an ignorant sperg.

You're still arguing about reality, while the premise was something decidedly unrealistic. But even then, nothing in real life is guaranteed.
An extremely unlikely example, but not one that's guaranteed to never happen. You could just get a heart attack. Be struck by lightning. Break a leg and be unable to do the work. And none of those have to do with ineptitude, as an added bonus.

that dungeon is the most stressed ive ever been while playing a video game, you can only enter with water pikmin, on the last floor theres purple flowers

You don't deserve it, but I'll give it to you anyway.

If you do this one thing and never stop doing it, you can have whatever you want. All you have to do is have faith in yourself no matter what your present circumstance is No matter what means NO MATTER WHAT faggot

If you can cultivate that, then you can do anything.

It's easy but it's still a game you nigger.

Never gets to be the guy. Forever a failure with a fear of apples.

dubs & trips of truth
time for OP to go back
>>>/cuckchan/

They're more like giant cherries

Just admit you're wrong or stop arguing.

Not sure what you expect here, I'm still right in that nothing is ever guaranteed.

Congrats, you made a pretty much factual statement that has just about nothing to do with the original argument.
You two seem to not realize that I am not arguing against your mindset, which is a good one to have, but merely point out technicalities in some of your overgeneralized statements and enjoying myself as you fags seem to get embarrassed about it and keep arguing about other unrelated things. Please either never join some form of debate group, or at least put it on youtube so I can have a laugh.

Here's another guaranteed payoff and you can go ahead and try it if you don't believe me: put a bullet through your brain stem and your family will spend a few thousand dollars on a special party all about you and invite everyone you know to gather around and say nice things about you.

That's probably the least likely thing to occur that you've posted so far.

Real life

even though Samus Returns was good, blast ball was still the game released for metroid's 30th. That shit will forever depress me.

The story segments try to be super serious, but come on, launching screaming motherfuckers who grab onto cars and blow themselves up? I laughed.

Pikmin 2 is the easiest to do a no death run.

I'd say the only tricky part is the moments with electricity or bomb rocks, but a little foresight will put them in their place.

Mah nigga

Why the fuck even play pikmin if you don't use the pikmin?

>tuns out you're fucking invincible and now a cloud of nanomachines without a host and decide to fuck up everyone's day

Dunno, the ending kinda made me laugh.

Pikmin 2's biggest sin is that the lack of time limits will prompt you to do boring shit like that so as to lose minimal numbers.

1 and 3 have time limits, forcing the player to press forward as quickly and efficiently as possible or risk failure. Lost 30 pikmin in a fight but managed to get one more piece of ship/fruit in that day than you did before? Worth it as now you have one more day to make more headway. But pikmin 2 never rewards you for being efficient. Your reward in 1 and 3 is more time to do whatever. Pikmin 2 already has no time limit so you have no incentive to take risks since the rewards aren't worth it.

The first game was built like that due to the simplicity of the mechanics which made it inherently abusable without an outside factor pushing you into not doing it
The second game was ultimately better off in many ways for not sticking to the time limit, but didn't make the game any more mechanically complex or interesting, to make all that extra time worth it

Kill everyone in this therad including myself

That's the problem; it took away the limit of the first game, but didn't give you anything to do to make use of that time. The amount of time I used to just cultivate sprays and ensure I had 100 flower pikmin of every pikmin was insane. The only hard part, which was more tedious than anything, was getting the required 100 purple pikmin for the weight in the last area.

Probably this month.

t. duetanon

youtube.com/watch?v=0mrOfNRJvAM
None of us in this world are loved!

How's planet zorg?

It was made by the Japanese though

I think he meant the "say nice things about you" part. Implying that people would take you to a landfill to call you an asshole before tossing you to some seagulls.

/thread