What would be your perfect Silent Hill game?

Hey Holla Forums,
Since Silent Hills is basically dead and there is nothing happening in the future of Silent Hill, how would you make a new Silent Hill video game? What kind of direction would you take the franchise and what kind of new concepts would you introduce to the series? This idea came from the Fallout New Vegas mod where
you are basically thrown into Silent Hill. I enjoyed the mod since it had a blend of atmosphere but some nice action. It got me thinking of a new spin to the franchise where you were a part of the Silent Hill experience. If I had to make a new Silent Hill game I would introduce:

(Apologies for the video since I can't stand AL Chest Breach and there are literally no videos of the mod out there with no commentary)

No, 1-3 had the right theme and pitch. I like 1's especially as it had the most solitary atmosphere with less side characters to distract. It doesn't need much else other than refining the existing elements, not even removing the tank controls because only the most millennial unappreciative retards complain about that. Go play your nuHorror jumpscare crafting co-op garbage.

I always hated how the pretencious fags rewriting game history always shill 2 as the best because it's 2deep4you while shitting on 1. I mean it was really good in that regard, but nothing comes close to 1's raw atmosphere. Hell I don't even really remember much of 2, but I will never forget that scene with the nurse in 1.

Gee user, do you also want the monsters to procedurally generate reflecting on your RPG character's fears while we are at it? after all, Silent Hill is just a giant therapist town whose power comes exclusively from the sacred land and no other factors have molded it at all, am I right?

Silent Hill 3 is my perfect silent hill game.

b-b-b-b-b-but what about muh inner demonz!?

I don't even think people who love 2 love it for that meme reason. The game is more about guilt and doesn't go out of its way to state the monsters are modeled after Jame's fears. That shit was entirely born from the fandom wanting to prop up the game as the deepest shit ever. Tomm Hulett was the consequence of that.

Them expanding on the stylization and themes in The Room would be good enough for me, that game hit quite a few good spots for me especially when it came to the esoteric and symbolism. Maybe throw in the core conflict on Downpour where you don't know if you're the good or bad guy with your choices making an impact on how others perceive you in the otherworld.

Exactly, and now every other person who wants to revive the series goes for the same stupid meme for world building and character motivation.

Sure why not. I get your sarcasm but I wouldn't mind a new take on the franchise is all.

I think that 1-3 and Origins have exhausted the whole "protagonist fighting their own inner demons" theme where it would be hard to make something innovative and captivating to both older and newer audiences. I didn't have high hopes from what I experienced with Silent Hills.

Also, the only way I could think of a "new" SH game would actually go back to a prequel to SH1 with maybe something like L.A Noire approach, as in, you are either a transfer detective or a local detective at SH just as shit is hitting the fan, drugs, cult stuff happening, someone there sabotaging your investigation, disappearances, etc., of course, nothing hits very hard until a few days after the house fire incident.

Thanks for pointing out the extent of how much you understand the games, only 2 was about the protagonist fighting figments of his mind, 1 and 3 came from the antagonist's mind, same with 4, Origins is just a shitty attempt at retconning SH1's backstory while using another shitty attempt at replicating SH2's success.

I appreciate what Shattered Memories went for, I have a hard time being afraid of the enemies when it's pretty simple to bash all their brains in with a piece of wood. But I would make it so you still have the option of fighting. It's just not reliable anymore, because enemies are tougher than you, faster than you, more unpredictable, and maybe impossible to put down forever. There'd be fewer enemies overall, but they all can really fuck you up, and can stay on your heels for a long time.

I've always liked the idea that the presence of the town wasn't just a spooky monster generator, but a type of 'cure by fire' that drags your guilt and problems to the surface. Even if it wasn't the scenario above, I think the idea of the player character not actually being the one with the problem, but being directly tied into another persons problem is very fascinating. Silent Hill Downpour glanced on this concept and that was by far the best part of that game.

I'm aware that several of the things I would like are a little atypical of a horror game. Making the character into an overpowered and unstoppable boss monster is about as far from 'horror' in experience as you can get. I'm just hoping that with proper story telling it can be impressed upon the player that the women have convinced themselves that that is what you are. In fact, if anything, I'd rather set it up that the player is much more afraid of the 'normal' Silent Hill than they are the nightmare version. Perhaps by having the citizens finding out about your crime and then having to try and avoid them as they are an even bigger threat than the monsters.

Probably for the best I'm not allowed anywhere near these games.

All your ideas are terrible to be perfectly honest my dude

Why would you be getting "dragged to SH proper" what does that mean?

Sirens and Blood mostly.

Also, if you are really in need of a "no combat horror" game and the like just play Hellnight.

Your stuff could be easily turned into a new IP, just let go.

Pretty interesting but it would stand out better as its own IP rather than riding on the coattails of Silent Hill. The base idea of a wrongly accused man (who initially believes himself to be possibly guilty) punishing his accusers and potentially becoming a literal monster in the process is great, though having it solely as a sex crime would probably not fly, especially with a cast of all female antagonists.

Why would you want to bastardize Silent Hill with all of that shit? Book of Memories implemented most of those features and it was an especially abominable abortion. A "perfect" Silent Hill game would be a game made by the original team in accordance with the direction and design philosophy of the first three games.

Sometimes death is better.

Oh, I agree. I just meant that, in theory, that's what a "perfect" Silent Hill game would be.

Of course, I just wanted to quote Pet Sematary.

I see you are still a faggot with shit taste as usual OP.

Confirmed for not understanding the games or ever actually playing them.
Or they could make a Silent Hill game with the elements that made people enjoy the originals. But fuck idea that right?

I have accepted Silent Hill's death for long time now, just like many other series that I enjoy.
It's nice to think of "what if"s from time to time though.

This is disgusting

Instead of being a fag and doing what's expected, or trying to turn it into a gay action game, I'd make a sci-fi horror spin off series of games that follow the ayylmao joke endings.

OP. that is a terrible idea, and what's dead should stay dead, unless Team Silent Hill does a reunion and we have all moved on from Tomm Hulett's "Trouble in Therapy Town" bullshit, then yes. But the chances of that happening is zero.

This, better dead than "revived" and bastardized with current year bullshit to pander to people who never gave a fuck about it or weren't even born yet.
That's what i am afraid will happen with REmake2

Yeah who?

Silent Hill 4

This is the closest I could find.

And I was actually mocking the western SH games mostly.

I wasn't even shitting on SH2. I was just saying I hate how it drew the pretentious game theory crowd, who basically write off the 1st and 3rd game completely even though they're either on par or better than 2.

how would you make a new Silent Hill video game?

Some ideas that popped into my head after years of thinking about these games

Imagine, Pyramid head, but with TITS.

If ruin mood by making Silent Hill first person, then i want to play it like Germs: Nerawareta Machi on PC.

She's a big guy…

UUUU

Another disciple of Tomm here.

Why does silent hill 4 the room get so much hate?

It was "different"

That doujin is fucking good

It seemed rushed, or at least unpolished, when compared to the others in a lot of aspects, to me, at least. In dev interviews with Team Silent about Silent Hill 2, the sound guys talked about having hundreds of footstep sounds to make walking more immersive, but when you play SH4, the footstep sounds repeat out the ass. The boss in pic related was a pain in the fucking ass and repetitive as shit. The companion AI was pretty terrible, too.

And I say all that as one of the people that doesn't mind SH4. It has some good fucking concepts, it just wasn't AS good as the first three.

SH4 also has stock sound effects out the ass, which kind of kills the atmosphere for me.

compared to the other 3 it was shit. now if it wouldve been stand alone, it wouldve done better or if it wouldve been just called room 302 and people played it and found silent hill related things in it, it wouldve caused more mystery and people would be trying to piece it together and find more about the game and how it relates to silent hill. that wouldve caused the game to be better

like says, SH4 is a game that should have been a spin-off and I think people would have given it way more slack. I personally love it and think for the most part it holds up really well minus some sound choices, and most importantly the shameless padding of making the player go through all the levels ""twice"" but the with a near useless AI partner the second time.

How Henry's apartment was handled was top notch, the story was great, the combat was actually half-decent, and the soundtrack was pretty good too.

It wasn't supposed to be a Silent Hill game at first if i remember correctly?

However, it's futile to make a new silent hill game, it's already been done. We all know what awaits in the foggy town and so the whole suspense is gone and thus the only thing they go to is hacky writing about personal pain, like it's some overly emotional 14 year old girl writing the game.

1-3 were already perfect and your idea is trash

Fuck the amount of series I could apply this to.
Hate it when REfags say '4 revived the series', as if that's a good thing. Would've much rather had one last huzzah in classic survival horror than the shit we got for over a decade.

You'd have to target religion with that one in regards to horror, enviroments would have to be religious symbolism, her dark world would take place in a church, and that would likely be the last place you'd head to. Also the game should have multiple endings, possibly one where Claudia moves on from the endless cycle. Maybe Claudia herself is keeping herself there because she believes she doesn't belong in "Paradise" because she's done too much.

One issue with writing Claudia is that off the bat she's hard to relate to, so this probably has to be a game where you play as a younger version of herself and the antagonist is a pursuer monster of what she became.

And on top of that what kind of plot should she have, what's her drive to get from one place to the next? Harry had Cheryl, James had Mary, Heather just wanted to get home, etc. "Momma said that the church was holy, so i'll go there"? Or something. She's an abused child with no real connection to people, so what sort of conflict storywise would get her moving on her own? That's the difficult part.

That's some gay shit

ded