Wurm Unlimited:A Truce Between Factions Edition

Alright lads, now that minor scuffle in the last thread has subsided, we will soon be able to get comfy again in our favorite autism community vidya. If you're new to the Wurm craze feel free to ask questions or learn about professions in the wiki provided.

Points of further discussion:

Main links and files:
Map generation:
forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/133610-map-generator-28/&page=1
If map generation freezes or takes too long try running the program from the console and giving Java more memory. Java version 8 64-bit is required.

Buyfags:
g2a.com/wurm-unlimited-steam-key-global-i10000006651002
Serverfiles and client:
drive.google.com/file/d/1YOo4Dkr_ZMjVBaM932EymBUdLuCUjUxf/view?usp=sharing

MODLISTS:
–Server-side Mods:
pastebin.com/xNsUYmq7
–Client-side Mods:
pastebin.com/zamffMAT
–Advanced Modding Stuff:
pastebin.com/XwtwLbvG
—Broken Mods:
pastebin.com/Fss379xw
-Handy Stuff:
pastebin.com/0AXK7mps

Previous threads:
archive.is/hnZjd
archive.is/rTyFr
archive.is/BX84g

Someone made a serb that may or may not work, we still wait on Mapanon to make a beautiful return, but here it is if it's actually working right now
serb: 158.69.241.206
port: 3734
3x/3x rates
Pirate client friendly

Other urls found in this thread:

wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page
gnu.org/philosophy/java-trap.en.html
disagreement.gg/PgEvnj
mega.nz/#!xi4UgCSZ!EpbMjdPo7gi9q097CJPNJ8n7wZ80XmsVDBSFosOaJ10
pastebin.com/r4ZuWgAs
disagreement.gg/QD3DYY
youtu.be/rd0AdArPjqU?t=1819
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you had one job

Already corrected

I just want to say fuck carving knives for being weaponsmithing, tbh

Hota would be fun.

I figured Hota wouldn't be a bad idea, especially with 4/v/ and if we had additional normans. I'd almost half wish we could invite Whait and his band of fags if it meant having the admin copy paste any butthurt whispers from getting his shit pushed in again

On top of PvP and the dungeons/pyramids/skele dens of the desert? Activate it all.

We mostly didnt add HOTA on Brohan because on a few servers we've been on its usually one faction that will win them all and on top of winning they start gaining advantages by receiving moonmetal so it gives the already dominant pvpers progressively more advantage, and in some servers I'd been at the difference it created ended up being massive, so we ended up deciding not to do it. Probably have that in mind and tune the rewards to avoid it if doing it.

You better fucking believe on top of all that
Which would really help keep longevity if we could actually throw normans into a kingdom of their own to tryhard against. That user's idea of an 8 Goddesses tier group controlling everything they do, or at the very least the direction it goes in, letting them still feel the fun of freedom

Would statues, village bragging rights, and a serb wide message of the group that wins each match be good enough? Maybe something a bit more reasonable than moonmetal like a champion strawberry or something.

Ornamental functions would be pretty solid, or it gives something that helps defend a village and doesn't help an attack in any way would also work. Doesn't have to make the guards fucking impervious or whatever, it could just be a boost in usable materials or a reward item.

rare champion strawb

i cant connect. am i doing something wrong?

no the server shit itself yesterday and it hasn't come back up yet.

Thanks.

SERVER IS UP

A rare version of a common material for each participating player (like how you get enough medals for each player) would be neat. Just stuff like planks which, if I recall correctly, only give a slightly elevated chance to make something rare when completed with them.

You don't get much moonmetal from HotA. Just make it a once to twice a week thing and you're golden.

still can't connect

user please,at least keep it to yourself that you the bait.
I'm here waiting aswell

*took,i'll crawl back to where i came from.

Its probably good that i cant play. I have school. Fuck, the one time i'm able to play wurm and i cant.

Summer Serb soon, user

Im gonna be taking summer classes too

well shit i guess we better make it summer 2023 to accommodate all these people with classes, we want to make sure we have the maximum numbers.

We'd probably have even more people than your serb right now :^) if your serb was even up

Or it might be fun to make the reward a bunch of random bloods. That way the reward is useful, but doesn't give endgame materials.

This sort of attitude is why stuff never lasts long, don't just "throw up" a server then expect people to invest days of real life time into it. The main thing that's gonna keep a server working, is assurance that it'll remain up and not just randomly crash and never come back.

Which is why it got all the loving comments it did last thread. Go ahead, take a peak. You'll see one user attempt to shit talk everyone and then have the audacity to pretend he's "one of the people waiting, but can't handle it, so he plays firs thing that shows up" or something to that effect, while keeping the same ID.

The reason why I said, may or may not work, is because 12 hours in and the host site got it's shot DDOS'd. Perhaps that's why most people were fine with waiting. I mean, if it comes up live, maybe you'll get some mileage practicing things, but beyond that may as well just wait for the proper serb.

Righto, I just want to make things go well this time. I've lost about 2 weeks in-game time so far playin with you guys over the years. Dakin by the way :3c

I'm beginning to think Fink had a point with his rant. Next server I'll have to change my name.

Every prior server's main downfall (beyond going up while people were still feeling burnt from the last attempt) has been a buildup of minor QoL problems along with running out of motivating factors, be it PvP or high-level group PvE content. These issues take a lot to work around, which is why so much TLC has been given to the map in progress.
That's why I'm pissed about some little shill faggot popping up with his no-info, no-effort map that's going to be (already is) plagued with issues and rapidly nosedive, burning out whatever eager newfags jumped on it before the server made by people who knew a thing and gave a damn goes up.

I don't know how you autists do it but holy fuck I can't stand it. I wish this game wasn't an endless fucking grind.
When we had that massive town a couple of years ago and someone wrote "fag" with a big arrow that was supposed to point to Artorias, what were the rates then? I remember it being something like 5x/8x or something huge like that but even it was too slow for me.

The grind is the point, duder. It's like a road trip, you're all going to the same place, that's the point. The magic is the bullshitting and car breaking down and the people you meet along the way. Without the grind there'd be no glue to stick it all together.

Fuck you annefrancs your server has been down so long I actually went out and excercised, took a walk, and considered doing packet tracer homework.

I just wanted to build muh cavern tavern.
user from last thread said that ruskies like to hit this particular server host hard, what for?

Brosmouth/Broschwitz was 4x/4x.

Bitcoin miners. It's pretty funny really, get a kimsufi server, put a weak password on whatever method you use to access it and dont do anything else to protect it and see how in under 24 hours you're mining for the russians.

This will be the boost of longevity that we needed.

why would they pick such a shitty host? there's a million VPS providers out there.

they might have absolute garbage network security or its just a well known host among the SLAV COMMUNITY

Who would you suggest

anything listed on lowendtalk that doesn't have 50 shitty reviews, it's not just for low end. though somehow i doubt the server was running 8 cores with 32gb of ram on ssd's.

How about every third or so win gives you a rare bone? With the option to trade several of them for a surpreme bone and trade several of those against a legendary bone?

This. I feel bad for the guy who paid for the serb tho. Especially since he fell for the kimsufi-jew. Hope he can get a refund for at least two months or something…

Here is an idea lad: What if we had a week long server which ends at the end of 168 hours, and which ever faction controls a certain item at the end is crowned the winner? It could be a small map with high rates to encourage fighting. This type of event should come every 3 months or something.

Also,
WAIT 6 MONTHS YOU SUBHUMANS

If a server will only last a week it's not worth sinking my time into.

I only threw the serb that caused the shit show last thread in the off chance it would the shit flinging from the "lol wait 6 months?" lads. It was not really successful, but at least I gave their currently DDOS'd by association serb some attention That being said, I kind of have to agree with on one hand, although I do sort of like the idea of some small serb to just screw with as a quick get together, maybe as a weekend gamenight event.

But I like events in general, if you got more ideas keep 'em comin

Honestly mate, obviously there are a lot of people who'd prefer to play sooner rather than later. I think I was one of the first people who started the 6-month-meme, maybe I was even THE first, but at this point I'd say 3 months would work too - as long as it's done right. Let's find a middle ground between waitfags and impatientfags.

Maybe a little weekend-session where we go really crazy with the rates would be fun. Plus this could be used to test maps, settings, mods and so on.

Problem is the impatient subhumans will get burned out and not want to play when the actual server starts. We need full momentum from everyone anticipating it and joining at the same time.

EVERYONE WAIT UNTIL I CAN PLAY BECAUSE I CAN'T MANAGE MY TIME EFFECTIVELY BETWEEN VIDEO GAMES AND SCHOOL

i'm reminded of wurm's challenge servers, something like that could be neat
give everyone some insanely high rates on a tiny island, give them an objective, the winner gets a unique item

If someone gets burnt out from a quick server they'll burn out just as quickly on a longer server. It honestly might be for the best, that way we won't have to take over roles abandoned by all the short fuses dropping like flies.

By now it's only 5 months, not 6. I guess we could also make it 4 or some shit. The current serb is pretty much dead at this point with all the problems it has, I doubt it'll burn people out.

Depending on where you're from, school can either be a joke and mean that you got tons of freetime in the afternoon, or it can be absolute, suicide-inducing hell where your soul belongs to the school. Wouldn't want to put the hat of shame on those kinda lads.

Plus I kinda suspect that it's Banana and he worked so goddamn hard on Brohan he has earned his time off-wurm. Even though I'm sure he'd rather play than having to suck his schools dick.

well that's assuming the reason why they're dropping is the game and not because of lack of people playing + goal

That's exactly the reason. Lack of players becomes the issue once all the short fuses are gone causing a few of the non shorts to think the server is dying after seeing the population drop so quickly.
It generally goes like:

that's a reasonable example. the question now is, how to fix "short fuses"

REGARDING FARMING
After participating in the practice server, please, PLEASE, do something about the growth rate. I'm not asking for shit to be ready every half hour or even a day's time, but there's no reason to wait a whole week irl for crops to grow for a town that's only getting by because of all the meat getting stripped from the endless rape monsters attacking the vicinity. Reasonable rate for crop growth, please.

I would be up for more gods if the ones listed in the wiki weren't given such shitty names. Fo, Bullguy, Vynora, and Worst goddess are the only ones we need, imo.

I would also request something be done to tweak how much effort is needed to tear shit down. We spent three hours trying to bash a gator hive and only got up to 70% when the server went. That's crazy. A hand full of people should not take that long to destroy something made of twigs.

Why'd you list Vynora twice?

Kek what, it took 1 week to get one crop done? Every server I've been on puts that on one day instead. Jesus.

Simply work with that. Get the starting population so goddamn high that even if just 25% of them are active you still got a decent population. Worked for Hohenbrohausen. Our citizen list literally exploded and even though only a quarter of them was actually long-term active we still did well.

you don't. that's part of wurms flawed design. starting out on a fresh server is always the most fun.

keep the server going long term even with low pop, buff the creatures so pve is hard, hide the map so there's a sense of exploration, and increase decay so shit disappears in a month if it isn't touched. make deed maintenance a thing and increase off deed decay.

Like I said before, it might honestly be best to just let them burn out on a quick server. Because, while Holla Forums is fucking autistic, it has a fairly small population willing to play Wurm. When you start with a group of 40 and by the end of the week it's shrunk down to 25 some are going to start feeling the server is dying, while if you start with 30 and it shrinks to 24 after a week that feeling isn't as pronounced.
That solves the "short fuse snowball" but there's also the guys who join expecting a similar experience to one of the other Holla Forums servers they've joined in the past. Unless these guys can get the nostalgia they're looking for, or they find they enjoy this server anyways, there's really nothing you can do to stop these from eventually flaking.

Oh ho ho, sweetie pls.

Slight exaggeration, the practice server was only up for four days, but those crops were still far from anything harvestable at the end. Days of "growing steadily" with minor visible signs of doing anything. Maddening.

most of the waitfag argument is "muh classes" what are you going to do when classes start again after a month and the waitfag population drops by 3/4. or is the waitfag server only planning on running for a month while classes are out?

The waitfag argument is giving a break to the old burnouts you absolute newnigger.

Didn't brohan go up about a month after the previous server had died?. If so then that excuse has about as much weight behind it as a punch from stephen hawking.

take a guess how long brohan lasted

I don't think this is feasible to mod in, but it would be cool if there were multi-day events similar to HotA where groups could get teleported to some alien world with absolutely nothing, then they would have to make a base and raid ruins and shit for rare treasure.

It would be fun for people wanting the thrill of a fresh start, and be a nice high-level diversion.

No idea, considering the average lifespan of every other server i'm going to guess 3 months? I don't see what that has to do with anything though.

No idea, because myself and the lads I played with were too burnt out to play on Brohan. Funny how that works, huh?

Brosmouth+Broschwitz lasted longer than that even with absolute niggeredly administration and connectivity.

Yeah but that server was a perfect storm. Not only did we have normalfags to fight we also had legit cataclysmic events that spurred life into pve and we also had a complete disregard for the server and its management to bind all the players together. Something which cannot exist by definition on a server that we ourselves host. That place was an exception to the rule.

Brohan lasted 3-4 months, but I have never seen a serb go better than that. And it had the worst start ever thanks to fucking Althazar hosting way too early and then giving up because being an admin is hard so then we had to migrate to a new server where we at least took our skillgains with us.

That's the reason the shortfuse-lads right now are almost all not Brohanians, if they would have taken part in that they would a) be more burned out right now and b) would have learned from it.

I'd be happy if the next serb goes as well as Brohan did. A nice 4ch VS 8ch war motivating everyone and then at the end there is a big final battle and afterwards there is a clear winner. I bet it will last even longer next time though, because 4/v/ will not that easily defeated this time.

The other gods in the Wiki have shitty names because they are player names. It is possible for players to ascend to godhood in Wurm. In the MMO it involves some RNG and months, if not years of autistically doing missions and I believe a similar system is also present in Unlimited for players that want to 'earn' godhood.
But there's also an item in Unlimited called the Key to the heavens that the GM can place where when it is found and activated the player receives demigod status and can be worshiped by other players.
It's worth noting that even as a demigod you can still be killed just like any other player. The DEEPEST LORE explanation for this is that when a Wurm player achieves godhood, it is because they are projecting their soul to the moon, Valrei, where the ACTUAL GODS wander around and attend to their business.
For EARNING godhood, IIRC, a player must also project their soul to Valrei which is accomplished by completing god missions until your god deems you "worthy" and allows your soul to walk the lands of holy Valrei, but it doesn't end there. There is one final step. Your chosen god, and this is where the RNG really kicks in, must make its way to Walnut to acquire the Cherries of Immortality. Then the god has to take another action to DECIDE whether it wants to give your soul the cherries, and if it does, congratulations, you have officially ascended to godhood.
As far as I understand, it's possible to influence what direction your god moves on Valrei through faith and missions so it's not just aimlessly wandering around but I have never tested it to see for myself.

That could be achieved by raising a piece of land in the corner of the map, walling it off, and placing teleports for each faction.

Fuck is there a way to make the pirated client work ? I can't fucking make it work cause i'm probably too dumb for that.

I like me some Wurn, but I can't imagine people spending years to put in that much effort for a largely broken game whose creator abandoned it to a committee that puts out an update once every millennia.

I think these may be related.

Thanks user.

Someone in these threads said that WO is like a retirement home for a lot of older gamers. I'm inclined to agree. Even on WU servers you're constantly bumping into people who are 40+ with a wife and kids and shit. It's also bizarre how many of them are from the UK.

I've met a lot of wounded soldiers in WU, and one old fuck who would bully the ever loving fuck out of you while teaching you the proper way to construct roads and try to hammer in your head the odd bit of Welsh.

Could you give an overview of what he taught you? I could certainly use a helpful primer on road building.

THIS ISN'T RIGHT

Make sure the tile borders crossing the road are all level you FUCK.

Sure, but most of this shit only gets remembered once I've got a shovel in hand and am ready to terraform.

Let me tell you why that won't always work and I believe it ties into the U ramp thing you mentioned, as I found out from first-hand experience from old Brofoundland.
I wanted to make a road from the main highway to one of the local farms to make it easier to transport goods to the main settlement.
The highway was already built and the farm had a flat path (to go to and from the farmhouse and fields) parallel to the highway with the space filled in by some light forest, so making the road was a simple matter of a straight line. I took the height of the highway and the height of the path, and calculated that the average slope would be very gentle.
The problem is that between the highway and the path, the land curved downwards. For each tile I filled in to the "proper slope", the one after that up to around the middle was further down.
I realized that to make the slope constant it would require an untenable amount of dirt and create raised earth that would be more akin to a military fortification than a country path. I decided the best course of action would be to work with the terrain rather than against it.

Pic related is an approximation of what I was facing, the black line being the actual terrain and the red dotted line being what a constant slope would require. Because both the highway and the farm path was already built, the entire space between would require dirt to realize a constant slope.

Think the user meant 8 godesses as in referring to the Korean female cult that controlled the whole country,he's talking about having a DM+admin's more or less nudge us in the right direction while still lettings us do our own thing.
MAGRANON YOU ABSOLUTE HERETIC HOLY SHIT
hahaha that shit was already at 65 points of damage when we got there,we managed to get it to 80 before the world ended,someone joked that the crocs would storm our little frontier village,no but apparently they get so buttblasted they break the 4th wall and shutdown the serb.

Oh no,i'm shaking in my steel boots,whatever shall we do!!
How about 4 anons,a knarr and a willingness to just fuck their day,again.
Maybe they'll actually fight this time and not just literally tell us "go home meanies",i hope they do,i tend to have terrible luck with affinities.

It was fun if way too short,i enjoyed building the 2 towers,and getting attacked by crocs and friends every 10 minutes.

when i built a huge ass road on brohan i opted to just build a shit load of wooden bridges. I think along the entire span of the road I created like 4 or 5 bridges.

That old fuck would've bullied you senseless.
Your fuckup was filling from the edges, with shit like this you need to fill in from the lowest point and work your way up. If the ditch is deep you have to gradually fill the lowest point in layers, otherwise you make a wall.
You haven't the slightest clue how much goddamn dirt these fucks use to make proper roads.
That's a simple fix. Make the middle tile of the road that connects the two flat, then make "access paths" cutting into it. Now should someone find their ass on the side of the road they can use those to get on the road proper, rather than tumble down onto the farm road.
You took the easy way out. I cannot properly express how thoroughly bullied you would've been. Suffice it to say Wend would be happily be taking notes.

Well we simply didn't have enough dirt for that. The dirt layer for Brofoundland's server was mighty fucked because of how thin it was and is one of the reasons when anons talk about maps they're sure to mention to make sure any created map has a proper dirt layer.
I was also a coal-maker for the town so more dirt going into roads meant less dirt for my piles.

We were so close to destroying the croc lair when the serb died. Even though we were bashing it for an hour before whipping out the club. I just hope if the server does come back I'm not surrounded by crocs since I have neither a horse nor a cart because my bulls fucking died when I last logged on and I hitched a ride from Quig.

Let me finish what I started, hostfag. Those green jews had it coming for far too long. Did they pay you to shut it down before it was too late? Those god damn kikes.

What a bunch of losers, amirite? [nervous laughter intensifies]Being not too far away from the big 40 is terrifying enough. The idea of being a parent at that age is worse. I remember from years ago watching reports of parents who couldn't get away from WoW, real trashy Walmart people who dragged their kids down with them. Wurm is leagues above WoW, but that's no accomplishment. Somewhere out there is a child being neglected because somebody needs to get an inclined tile perfectly lined up.
Not to get accused of dragging Holla Forumsthink into this, but, given how 1984-level bad the UK is, I'm not surprised.

I haven't had the chance to do it myself just yet, but for aesthetics, you can make diagonal roads by clicking at corners. Otherwise you make zigzag patterns. Not being able to make diagonal outside walls or fences is no excuse for having faggy zigzag roads screwing up the countryside.

Sorry, literally who? Fu fu fu pic related for shitposting purposes
That's even worse, I wasn't away of that. So, for the serverfag who sets this up, multiple hours to destroy a twig construct already at 65 and only getting to 80 is horseshit and should be changed if at all possible.
At best, during the lull times. That forest was choked with crocs and other mobs, you almost couldn't go a few yards without being surprised by something waiting behind a tree.

Thanks to the server hiccup, right? Everyone got screwed on that. Trying to drag horses/bulls twice over was some nonsense.
Fun as that was, I don't understand how crocs can be that fast on land. We got dozens of those things for a romp down to the beach and their stubby little legs did nothing to keep them from arm's reach the entire time.

You were right about the 8 Goddesses bit. I figured if Normans showed up they would need someone with charisma or an idea of where to put them with a patience to show them the wiki and explain certain things, before setting up a village deed and helping them build. Sure the turnover for non autsists would be horrendous, unless you gave it stupid explanations "It's like Skyrim, but not shit and the dragons will fuck you up"

I'm fine with 8/v/ and 4/v/ doing their own thing as they usually do, because I can't really remember having someone be that anal about anything we were doing I'm still sort of sorry about the sloped Fence, Wend as long as we didn't make an ass out of ourselves.

I just figure, like the 4/v/ group, they need direction, and then they'll go from there. But that's implying we find a place to actually bring in normans.

God above, I remember trying to do that for walls in Broschwitz before a sweet loving soul gave me a hammer. I was checking the damage every strike and saw that I had .7821 or some shit and thought I was almost done. Then I took a swing with the large hammer and it jumped to an actually visible amount of damage and realized just how bad I fucked up

Unless its changed, the way it works is completing missions for a god slightly lowers the cooldown until their next action (defaults to about 3 days and a missions removes a handful of hours from it). In order to influence your gods action, you need to spend karma and you can influence one action for some absurd cost, like 50000 per action or something equally autistic.

Everything else sounds about right though. Becoming a god requires a small town of dedicated autism and even then you can get fucked by RNG since everytime valrei resets, all the positions of gods and items are randomized so you can get your god spawned on the complete opposite side of the map as the acorn or cherries and some other god can start right next to it and cuck you for weeks or months.

On Brohan we planned to end our PVE dragon campaign with an ascent to godhood item since it was clear by then the server was on its way out, but not enough people remained by that point to compete for such a thing for the reward to seem truly earned.

Judging by playtime I think it's safe to say it would've been given to Yore.

If godhood was gonna be implemented as a thing on a hosted server it would need to be entirely handled by a GM giving out items or setting whatever flags are necessary. Possibly do some managed quest chain involving finding a manually placed artifact (like a custom made moonmetal sword), kill a dragon or some other unique or manually placed monster, then build one of the higher tier missions items like a gate or something. That way it'd require a handful of people at least to work together to ascend some local cult leader to godhood.

I've been playing around with Deed Planner and thought of an idea for an event.
Make a giant tower for groups to climb up and fight through mobs to obtain treasure.
This vid shows a basic idea of what I mean.
The main entrance was my way of trying to find a way to force groups into a room without cheesing mobs by pulling them out of the tower.
A chest that has a key that is dropped by a mob.
The second story could also have a door, like shown, that has another key dropped by a mob.
Obviously you can just keep making more and more levels to the tower, each with their own set of enemies, bosses and traps.
What do you guys think?

proud of your pol think user.

I like the design reminds me of the battle tower from nightmare in dreamland. You'd need to be a GM wand to spawn it or a construction team ready to build the tower of babel.

Yes, it would have to be built by an admin who can spawn everything quickly and then make it all invincible to prevent people tearing the walls down.
The only thing I can think of being a problem is some high level dickthief with picklocking. Unless there is some way to make locks/doors only be able to be unlocked with a key.

If you have the good map post it now or forever hold your memes.

it seems like this play now server went down for stability reasons, it was not tested for stability, which makes me think, why not both?

start a play now server with vastly increased skill/action timers. 20x/20x or something, preface it with this server may go up and down to hammer out issues, do skill transfers if people get nuked because of server issues, whatever. avoid wiping the server if possible. the point would be to stress test it and work out stability issues. maybe also map issues assuming the mapanon comes back with his map. this might satiate the play now crowd, and give the waitfag crowd the valuable experience of not putting out their server and then having it shit the bed or having to wipe the database due to problems later, because they would now have the experience. the increased skill / action timers would minimize the investment, so if things got wiped or a map was changed it would not be devestating. use it as a general testbed but the play now crowd could end up stress testing it.

Sounds like a good idea to me

Rome wasn't built in a day user, nor two or three or four or five.

the point of 20x/20x is that it's likely the database would have to be wiped a few times if there's serious problems. that idea probably isn't necessary though if skill transfers are done.

That falls into the desire for dungeons territory. I don't see how anybody would be against this.

N-no, stahp.

People have been warned since the first thread that pirate servers are at great risk of self-fuckage. If the claims in the last thread of Jewry are false and this is in face an issue with stability, maybe there should be a more sincere consideration towards buying the game and someone hosting a legit server so people don't end up losing all their hard work over and over again. If the practice server host is here, bruv needs to speak up if he's learned anything from this failure and how it won't happen again if people still refuse to buy the game. Every time now that we've done this, there's been a crash. But is anybody doing the work to dig into the files and figure out what's happening. If nobody's going to do that, maybe it's time for a legit server.
Fucking no, what?

it's not as cheap as you think, g2a is sketchy as fuck. if your going to use that your going to have to go out and buy a prepaid, and use a new steam account so your doesn't get flagged for fraud. read the negative reviews on their own shilled review platform, trustpilot. i would trust the positive 5 star reviews far less because these are a bunch of chinks and they have no issues with fake reviews.

From what I remember, there is 1 line to change in the server files to enable pirates to join.
Idk how that fucks everything up, could be java, or rolfcode, or just incompetent hosts that don't want to look into logs

actually it seems like they don't even shill trust pilot anymore because of those negative reviews, it used to be on their homepage and game pages, now it isn't.

pretty sure it's incompetent hosts who want to stick a bunch of mods in and then throw their hands in the air when it totally shits the bed.

Very false, theres nothing in a server being pirate rather than not that deals with its risk of being fucked. I've hosted a few serbs before (inc brohan) and I havent noticed any sort of distinction.

I only had 1 server die on me (Holla Forumsirgin islands in early 2016) due to corrupted databases and that was my first, and it was mostly due to us fucking with making custom gods right from the DBs and it working for a couple of weeks before something happened with Valrei and the gods we had introduced that cause a massive meltdown.

every time

All jokes aside, if we decide to go for an official serb I'd be glad to get you guys keys, even if it's for a throwaway steam account.

You know, its pretty funny how custom gods work. Amongst other things, for the longest time we couldnt get them to be BL and we'd only be able to generate WL gods.

Then we found out that it was the gender of the gods that determined it, so if you mark a god for male, it will come out as WL and if you mark it as a female it comes out BL. That means that Vynora is a goddess (male) thanks to rolf code.

WOW SEXIST!

Was there ever any doubts? I mean look at that god damn jawline.

I'd fug it

That doesn't mean anything. Impossible. Delet tihs.

What are you, a really decent individual?

Never saw "her" up close in such detail, what a shit choice in religion. Friendship ended with Vynora, now Magranon is my bestfriend.

no wonder I've felt such strong hatred for them

I'm kind of surprised someone didn't hoard a bunch of keys when it was cheap shit on humble bungle.

There is an entire business model based around that called g2a.

IF we were to go the official serb route, I'd want as many people that we could fit in as possible, and not leave any of the pirateladz behind
I just miss comfy Wurm time and would feel bad if people got left behind over not being able to afford the game

fa/tg/uy here, I've seen Wurm threads around before and never given them much more than a glance, but all this talk of player made towns and factions, rising up together to the point of going off to slay dragons, becoming champions of a god, or even become a god oneself through DM/admins setting up scenarios and custom items is really scratching an itch. How connected are players in the same village, are you next door neighbors who go to the cafeteria run by the guy with maxed cooking for meals, or do you have farmers out on their own plots down the road from each other all baking their own bread and coming together at the market square when they need things? Can I play as a woodsman, hunting down deer and other creatures and bringing the corpses back to my cottage to butcher and cook with fresh veggies and spices from my own garden? Is there any roleplaying? Would it get me bullied?

Looks cool, a simplistic idea that could be used for a lot of different things. I don't know how high up structures can be built, or how much you can change what each floor looks like, but I'm reminded of Sword Art Online, you could make a map where there's dozens of floors each looking different with monsters and a boss to kill in order to advance higher. Stick a premade "town" every few levels for crafting and some teleports every now and then to help get around what's been unlocked more easily. If you could combine it with an idea mentioned earlier in the thread about making monsters drop custom items for crafting custom armors/weapons ala Monster Hunter you could have a really fun campaign about racing to the top against a time limit or competing with a rival faction for boss trophies.

That'd be like one or two dudes and anons are always offering to buy the copies.
The real problem with piratefags is that they've worked up some tremendous moral autism about not using steam, even if you supply them free codes.

Yeah, wonder if they're partially to blame for the prices spiking on humble. Probably more just faggots signaling what charitable cunts they are.

Very. You have to rely on each other, everyone specializes in a job but all jobs are needed.

The answer, to all these questions, is yes. Everyone gets bullied in healthy doses, we usually have a professional bully who specializes on it just to make sure it's done right.

Also, with some wyrd admin majicks, I think the towers could be almost infinetely high.

All this and more, and usually people are neighbors inside the perimeter of a wall. Or hermits (who inevitably give up out of loneliness or are fucked first when a warband rolls through) Usually one man dedicates himself to a skill, or several people on a project skills. There are dedicated doctors, ship builders, carpenters, masons, cooks. Sometimes there's one brave blacksmith autist who does it all but sometimes that's 2 much work and there are chain armor smiths, weapon smiths, tool smiths and plate armor smiths. On the wurm unlimited legit server list there's a pretty populated RP realm.

There are villages and we all try to work together and unite for a cause such as a war with another village/kingdom or to take down some unique creature like dragons.
People can be hermits and go live in the middle of nowhere and work on their own or loners who hang out in town but don't really contribute.

All of that, yes.

Some yes and some no. I was going to rp as a hammer from the thief games

Good idea

Jobs can be varied, towns typically work themselves out. On the practice server, the majority ended up being mostly miners/fighters. There was maybe one or two smiths, one farmer, one tamer, one tavernkeeper. If being a woodsman would be your deal, that's within the realm of doing. Just know that the more your spread out your interests, the more grindy it will get. No shame in relying on others or a little bit of rp, although the more of that you do the more bullying may result from it as will happen anyway because, yes, villages are an unavoidable goal. The world and its mobs will rape you if you go full hermit. unless you're a fag who uses alts, in which case nobody wants you around anyway.

Yes.

But in all seriousness it's a lot of fun working together, since it's pretty much the only way to play Wurm. Think of a gated neighborhood community where people are either shitposting while grinding, building useless shit that ends up somehow saving the village, or getting chased by a horde of monsters and end up getting the whole village trolled. It's all in good fun especially when people have their own jobs. Although the game is designed to heavily rely on the grind, so be prepared for the wild ride that is Wurm grinding.

Take a look at the wiki for a better understanding
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

How is it a rental if you backup the files on a HDD and know how to crack steam games because you're not a retarded baby? The only true DRM is always online DRM. The lemmings pay for what they get and if you're not a lemming you should have some skills at this point in the game.

Adding to this, spreading out your jobs can result in more grinding especially if those jobs are not connected. Are you a farmer and a cook? That'll make skilling cooking faster. Are you a miner and a cook? Kill yourself you have chosen the two worst jobs to grind and they have almost nothing to do with each other. You get the idea.

ANNE, WHERE IS IT ANNE YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE A SERVER.

being capable of cracking the DRM is not an excuse to support DRM in the first place.
also pushes for itself to be always running the background and lemmings either don't know how or don't care enough to turn it off so they can spy on you and sell your data (lemming X played Y for 10000 hrs and Z for only 10 hrs, etc).

Steam does not respect your freedoms.

That's why we are hoping to crack everything and put links to it all.
Go back to your commie Holla Forums board and bring back some java coders we really need them please

No one in this age respects your freedoms either. Other than your arm and what object of violence it willingly commands.

I'm working on it

I would wager most of the instability isn't caused by it being a pirate serb but rather the whole load of mods injecting their own shitcode into already bad rolfcode

nobody on Holla Forums use's java
gnu.org/philosophy/java-trap.en.html
java doesn't respect your freedom's either.

i can dig around in java well enough, but nothing really needs to be done, steamemu takes care of it.

woodsman is extremely viable
high woodcutting is sick body strength gains (which is a useful characteristic skill) and tbh you could do it full time and supply the village with all the lumber you cut and we would burn through it all
butchering and fighting skill pair well with it since you're out in the wild. the former awards pelts and meat, and the latter is a must on PvP servers basically.

its a pretty great feeling genociding a forest. its the one skill i enjoy actively grinding because you get into this nice rhythm and you leave a mark on the world. its nice coming home with thousands of logs for your homies to use

we need java coders for the mods and database server stuff not cracking the game.

Anne tell me how much they paid you to shut it down.

You're a monster.

post files and problems when you have them.

Thanks for all the responses guys, thinking about how much everyone in a town has to work together to advance I'm torn between my maximum comfy woodsman lifestyle and a townie smith helping get everyone the equipment they need so we can all do cool stuff together and dicking around in the town square with people when I'm not busy. If the practice server comes up tonight I'll buy pirate? and try to get a feel for this.

How involved is the admin team in doing custom events, interacting with characters, and generally acting as Game Masters? Is it ever like playing Neverwinter Nights multiplayer, where you're getting new quests and missions to advance a story, or are most goals and objectives player created, thus the need for a server to have other groups like halfchan involved?

Goals are everywhere. Given by G*ds, the village, badmins, or yourself. Mostly by the village. If we had the "official" server up normally the admin team is pretty invested, and with talk of a potential DM admin we'll be seeing something along the lines of what your talking about hopefully since this wasn't ever truly attempted before.

If you find something to do, there will almost certainly be a use for it for the town.

It depends on who the next admin is going to be.
Hopefully someone who actually wants to put in the effort.

The admin COULD go out of his way to create lots of content, but usually the players create it themself because of how much it sucks to be an admin.

As for which job to pick: If you have no dream-job you're dead set on, your job should depend on how active you'll be. The more you'll play the more important your job should be. Want to reject the unholy abomination that is your reallife and live in wurm instead? Become the ultimate town smith and do ALL the types of smithing at once. Everyone will depend on you. Want to take it relatively easy? Become a fisherman + hunter, only the cook depends on you and even if you're gone for a couple days he'll be fine. You get the idea.

This game is pretty hard to pick up, but we'll all help along the way, the admin team (2 at most) intends to do things like that however, we're already talking about segregating mob spawns and custom maps in disagreement.gg/PgEvnj

fuck me they word filtered dizgord

So I've been fooling around all day with the map gen since the server is down and I have nothing else to do. I learned my way around the tools but the two things I've been having the biggest difficulty is actually adding the terrain I want and adjusting the heightmap so I don't get mountains like pic related.

I tried messing around with min/max height for the tiles but no luck. Can a mapfag help?

I bet you leave stumps behind too you triple-nigger.

Anyone happen to have a key leftover from Humble Bundle?

There's a link to the pirate client for when we eventually get another server. The only reason you would want a legit copy is to play on a normie server, which you don't want to do.

Oh cool, even better. Probably should have read the OP first.

Gee, ya thunk?

Use the erode function, erode for maybe 3000 cyclles, it'll soften your mountains

So what's the ETA on the server?

Just throwing something out there, I've barely played Wurm so don't pay me too much mind, but isn't it more fun to play on a server with an existing population, so you can have enemies and rivals to compete with?

With existing servers come existing rules.
With existing servers come Steam authentication.

With our own server we can circumvent these two things which one or both end up turning away the bulk of our userbase.

Current school of thought in My head and maybe a couple other anons is that best case scenario in the current scheme is inviting some group of normans to play with either some experience in Wurm or a group of newfags with a willing volunteer to teach them ways of autism. Have the volunteer have an ear to the host/map user in case anything goes wrong village wise that isn't fixable with autismlike a distinct lack of clay on the entire map and then let them live and die on their own accord. 4/v/ already has their own group ready to try their hand at taking the current title of High Autists, but in my opinion the best case scenario is a 3 way fight. With any server drama being hilariously fed to us by the admin when someone writes the word fags next to their village and someone tries to fill it in with mixed grass

Just read the rules for any public server to see why they're all cancer.

The normie servers are filled with admins and their suck-ups.
We've had the population to fill our own village many times before, even more than most normie villages.
Throw in an invitation to cuckchan and possibly plebbits and we have a pretty good population to fill multiple kingdoms that can fight/ally with each other.

The best way to grind woodcutting is actually by sitting in a corner and making boatloads of kindling. If you grind by just cutting trees down, you're a nigger.

Woodcutting is fairly useful and gets you swole though. Early on, people will need high QL wood for structures and furniture, and later on wood is needed to make charcoal for steel to make plate armor.

Making maps right now, once finished we'll pop one up, start searching out an uncucked server host and use it to set up Wurm and we'll start playing.

TL;DR not 6 months.

Oh, I didn't know the plan was to invite cuckchan and reddit. That sounds like it will make for an exciting time. I don't think I have the specific variety of autism necessary for this game but I might give it another try.

This was all discussed in the previous threads as linked in the OP you silly fuck.

Is it wrong of me to get a laugh out of the idea of normans crying to the serb about all the ridiculous shit we usually do? There's always something oddly refreshing to me about admins or mods rebuking suck ups. And that really is what makes it so much better to me with having a serb of our own.

Just find something you can really enjoy fam. You don't need to be the worlds best ship builder although you may want a shit load of time and anime to watch as your character ques up the the actions for it but there's nothing wrong with mini goals to casually enjoy. So when it's up, feel free to come by fam.

I personally browsed all of the relevant normie servers back in Broschwitz days and not a one wasn't cucked to all hell with poz rules, not even the (very few) PvP servers. In fact, I'm pretty sure I still have a screencap of the goddamn rule encyclopedia for one of the larger ones.

Holla Forums villages do so well because of the sheer amount of manpower we all contribute to one village. There's nothing we can teach normalfags that would allow their 5 person max villages to compete with us.

There are a few reasons playing on a pub server is pretty much a pointless endeavor.

1. Wurm is a low population game. Even the most popular pub servers barely have more players than we could scrounge together for our own server through advertising. The only exception would be to actually play WO which is 1x/1x with no mods allowed and a sub fee and no one wants to bother with that.
2. The most popular pub servers also happen to be PvE. The community of regulars for this game are mostly carebears who don't bother with PvP. So there wouldn't really be "enemies and rivals to compete with" so much as "that annoying normalfag that talks with emoticons who lives a few miles away that we can't do anything about"
3. The community for any server with a decent playerbase likely has an in-group of "regulars" as well as random normalfag admins who see us as invaders, this breeds corruption and bullshit no one wants to deal with. Years ago we played on a pub server where this was a problem.
4. Public servers are often P2W. That's right, people sell items (or spawned tiles, or creatures, or XP, or whatever) in Wurm for real money. If there's a cash shop, there's no point playing that server, I think we can all agree on that, and that eliminates some servers as well.
5. If you join an existing server and somehow manage to find one that IS PVP, there will inevitably be a group of metagaming 40-somethings with children from England who live in a gridded prison complex surrounded by impenetrable dirt walls, decked out with 99ql Rare Glimmersteel plate, perfect mounts, artifacts, and so on. Wurm is a game about progression, if you join the game as a complete noob and there's another group already at the endgame in "competition" with you, it's pointless, they'll just swing by and fuck you up whenever they want.
6. Public servers 99% of the time can't support pirates which make up a large portion of the playerbase (let's face it, Wurm is obscure as fuck, no one owns it, and it doesn't exactly sell itself very well either). Only public pirate server I ever played on was a really shitty, laggy Russian server that was 1x/1x and I'd never go back.

wut

Fuck you no-fun faggots.
How am I supposed to shitpost with this kind of cuckery going on for rules?

This is why we need our own instead of joining someone elses.

I think the most important lesson will be learned rather quickly, which is why I was suggesting someone acts as a guardian for the normans, or at least as a de-facto mayor until they are almost intelligent enough to know why the vets fear the fog.

**But again that always leads to me wondering where could we advertise a serb in the normalfag areas where we won't get a ridiculous influx but will still have some amount of people , even if it is does end up as you said with shitty 5 man villages of idiots not realizing they should join up until they get their shit pushed in.

Oh friend, this is but the surface of carebear statism

Normalfags completely and totally lack the tribalism required to form a super village like we do. There's just nothing connecting them to see each other as one of their own. At absolute best they'll form an alliance after getting a few new assholes torn.

Want to know how I know the server admins were HOTsniggers and raided a town only to get locked in and spirit-raped?

The best kind of normie we can get is reddit fags. That at least gives them kind of a reason to see each other as "one of their own". Because of how Reddit works we'd have to put in a decent amount of energy just to advertise our server properly. Basically, the thread OP has to be a work of art.

Yes please. Trying to enlarge the town under constant threat of assault by both beast and horde would be glorious.

Is serb alive? If it isn't what server are you guys playin on ?

Serbian is kill. I've just been dicking around on a 1x Nip serb with no-one on it.

Practice serb is supposedly trying to unfuck itself atm, tho how true that is can be anyone's guess. Little to no communication at all over that whole shindig. Somebody mentioned Jed's Boat Haus Bote. Was dicking around there before, haven't been back since. Dead as dead can be.

Little to no communication at all over that whole shindig
Is there communication going on about the REAL server though? Because if not I'd imagine a lot of people including myself are going to give up on this whole thing before it's even started up again

There's two discshits up, the active one seems to be having a lot of map-related discussion. I think settings have been pretty much agreed on over the last few threads, it's just finetuning the map, getting in dungeons and the like, and actually finding a hostfag for the projected summer launch meme. People are clearly eager for us to have our own serb, but then, just like last time, we still have an issue with cracked serbs breaking. I can't harp on enough about how going legit would be the securest route.

Good to know that there's planning going on, that's all I wanted to know about. Also if this turns out to need to be a buyfag server I'd be extremely hesitant to actually buy this game.

No you don't, again, servers being cracked makes no difference to how they run.

Read the OP and thread boy

mapfag here, repost map-related discussion so I can know what people want pls.

What are these? I'll run the map on the agreed-upon settings while messing with it so creatures can adjust to the right numbers and shit.

I didn't want to make a post about the server that went down because I didn't want it to come off as antagonizing and I am a chronic shitposter.

The current plan is to make a map with the same host and admin as just before. The rates will be x3/x3 as far as I know. One thing to consider is that all the planning in the world won't stop the bizarre java bugs, errors and memory leaks that will throw even experienced java admins through a fucking loop. Each one of the changes you plan to make introduces a gigantic world of potential server destroying fuckups. It takes a long time to work through these and end up with a stable server, and these admins/host are not getting paid so Holla Forums is not just the playerbase but the beta testers. That is the only reasonable way to go about it.

if you're the mapmaker who did the Mediterranean map, please post the full map so it could be used on the server being brought up soon, unless you're holding onto it for something else.

It's either $1US or somebody who knows how to fix shit when it breaks, as will surely happen. I get the reluctance, I don't disagree with it, but that's where we are.

Last time, a wild spell the game didn't recognize killed the serb. This time, some random element so far unknown killed the serb. What about next time? I log in, I see the list of legit serbs, none of them are down because of code issues. Explain that to me.

Your map as shown in the OP is the result of that, nothing to repost.
As far as skill gain, I meant.

None of those have to do with the server being cracked you cuck. Legit servers stay up because they have competent people that only do changes they have tested before them going live and backup their servers hourly.
Cracking a server is literally just modifying a couple of lines on a .jar that isnt involved in the databases whatsoever.

Brohan was cracked and we introduced many changes but by following those easy steps we never had a problem.

Yeah, it only just keeps happening on them. That's all. Complete coincidence. Fine.

Give updates so I can lend you my energy.

Those serbs are up because there's actual coders and entire teams running the show. We have one hostfag and maybe two admins tops when shit goes down. Thanks to Rolf you *need* coders in order to operate servers, else even on a legit server shit dies.

Never seen a seal before, do they only spawn in certain spots? Can you make nice hats out of them?

Nope, its not complete coincidence. It's mostly that on cracked servers on 8ch everyone has contact with the admins and demand changes daily and everyone has a mod they want included, which ends up being a fuckhuge list of changes (like the one that's been accumulated so far), and combining that with the overwhelming majority of hostfags that go ahead and try while having no idea what they're doing, well, you can see how it turns out.

The server being brought up soon? The way I understand it there's a small group that wants a short server to play on now, and the original plan was to use the Mediterranean map for a summer server? Or are these now going to be one grand serb sometime inbetween? Or is there still disagreement between the two groups as to who the TRUE serb is and when the TRUE serb will be?

Also if I'm gonna post it, I'd want to send it straight to whoever the admin will be, since there are already some dungeons and secrets hidden within it, and it would be lame if someone got a hold of it and scouted for stuff beforehand of course.

Oh okay, sweet.
So 3x/3x like the other server? Or something else?
Also, which mods? And which settings for them? I don't think any of this was decided in the thread.

Seals spawn near water, they like to sit on the beaches but also sunbathe on the rocks. You can use their fat for candlemaking and cooking, eat their meat, and yes their hide can be tanned into leather to make a cap.

Oh yeah, another thing: There was still never really a decision made about starter deeds. Where should they go, and for which factions? 2 factions or 3, and if only 2 which ones? Only reason I ask this is because it has to be built into the map and I like making towns.

Entirely up to you, dunno if you want to wait or what. If you did want to post it without being in the neojew-IRC room I'm not sure what the best path would be to take.

Probably so if you're waiting for that festering pot to settle I'd just hold onto it.

Wouldn't have been such a kick in the balls if there was a little more openness from the practice admins on what they were/are doing.

Seemingly. I couldn't care less, but there are those who'd prefer to not have to balance the game and school.
Thereabouts.
In the OP.
Oddly enough, we had them popping up in the mine when in the first day or two.
People are going to want all factions represented, there's going to be splits no matter what. One for each central part of the major landmasses? People can drift off and found there towns at random like they always do.

large tundra with lakes and rivers tbh

Makes things less hassle to get going, plus if they're established they probably worked out most of the kinks for their needs early on. Also it's not like everyone here is an angel, there could have seen some cunt DDOSing the server or actively looking to break shit with exploits lurking around.

I'd like it if a section of the map was an archipelago with a lot of small islands. Tiny island homesteads are comfy as fuck.

That's a list of literally every mod that guy found to be working, I was wondering which mods people actually wanted. Some of those mods wouldn't even apply to this server, for example HoTS Fixes is completely unnecessary since it would be a PVP server and No Damage would be a very bad idea.

I guess that makes sense, fair enough.
I was just wondering because I was tempted to make one at a location of a real-life city like, say, Constantinople, but then I figured people would want to build their OWN Constantinople, and the same goes for other places, so I'll probably just build them in nondescript areas.

Was recently working on making the snowy and tundra areas more interesting, I added a ravine/canyon thing to one of the snowy regions, a lake-spotted area is an interesting idea though, I'll see how that works out.

Gotcha covered fam. There's the Aegean islands, but there's also a big archipelago in the southwest. Might add more.

I'd be happy to make another list that includes mods that anons want to have in the server.
Please state reasons why, don't just make a list of 50 mods and get mad I didn't include them all.
I'd also like if someone could help do testing on mods, I'm testing what I can on my localhost server but I'm pretty incompetent on testing a lot of them.

sage for double posting
I forgot to add that when testing mods, sometimes they don't want to work together like when trying to start a server.
I suspect that some mods don't want to work together in the long run either and that could be another reason for our amalgimation servers crashing.
Some mods that add new items use item codes and other mods might use the same item codes. I'm not sure if you can just change the item codes around to make sure they are compatible.

You probably can just change the item codes as long as you make sure all the item code references are also changed and you don't update the mod without redoing the code changes, but I'd also suggest looking into what methods the mods tamper with to make sure you don't get stuff like two mods trying to edit the same method or something that's bound to cause issues like that.

Well, speaking from experience, I'll tell you that these mods are essential:
Fixes an exploit with killing traders, and lets you disable the Fatigue mechanic. (NoFatigue mod is therefore useless)
Lets an admin run a command that fixes a database error that causes a fuckton of templars to be spawned at once.
Causes the action timer to actually apply to some actions it normally wouldn't, i.e. fixes a bug.

Pretty much essential:
Because vanilla digging is painful.
Adds the Move to Corner option to appease my autism
So you actually know what your healing covers do.
Because needing a third container to move things from one BSB to another is retarded.
Lets admins do cool things like server join messages. Very flexible.
Useful for admins when terraforming. Brainlets need not apply as this mod doubles as a server-wide parking lot creation utility. There is also a vanilla command to flatten tiles now but it's kind of different so I still like this for some things.
Because why wouldn't you want to stop cheaters? Just remember that the anti-ESP might cause lag sometimes.

Not essential, but no reason not to use/useful for changing things if you want to:
Because searching the wiki for when seasons and trying to work it out with the in-game /time command is annoying. This mod lets you do /seasons and just tells you when crops will be in season.

Questionable:
The idea of letting high-level farmers farm a larger area is an interesting one. On one hand it's already easy for a couple of dudes to supply an entire town anyway. On the other hand, if someone grinds to 90 farming, maybe they deserve an extra 1 farming radius.
Depends if you want to cap characteristics at 31 or not. If you want to just remove the cap and leave the gain rate the same, the setting you want here is "characteristicDivider = 15.0f"
Do you want players to be able to hitch rats, cats, and other meme shit to their carts even if they pull slowly? Play with the numbers and maybe it will work. But it might also make horses/hellhorses run too fast when attached to carts.
This mod works fine but it's in Alpha so it will probably be updated frequently.
Depends if you want it in the game, really.

If timerfix is the one that makes sowing seeds faster then it should be essential.

First off Mapanon, I am giving you my energy

Sorry about the mod lists, I didn't have time to check the paste bins, and since that was the closest I had to the actual lists I just copy and pasted. That being said, my two cents on the questionable mods:
Yeah sure, why not?

I'm fine with removing the soft cap myself not sure about others

Probably check to see if horses move too quick, but if someone wants a rat mount, sure, go ahead in my opinion

I'm indifferent

By the love of God yes. Especially if it works with players so we can build trophy halls dedicated to raids.

I've done that three times already, I'd really like that extra radius now.

Jesus, that's even worse than weaponsmithing.

Someone's gotta do it.

And it's not even close to the only job I did.

Id like to do any job but unfortunately the server is still down.

I'd figure this would be the case, if people want their kingdom's capital, they'd have to build it up themselves sort of thing. But I'm more worried about the village most of us will settle at
I still absolutely love your map, Mapanon, but if you cant show an updated version because of secrits that's okay, we still got the one everyone pretty much loved

They aren't our rules, so just ignore them

We'll probably all play in the same village, except for maybe 1 - 2 Hermitfags / Dorfs. Thats how WRC and Brohan went and they went well. I think we have learned our lesson by now.

What we should probably do first is figure out which kingdom is going to be THE kingdom people should join. MR and JK are the only ones that matter, but which one should be THE kingdom?

Well that's easy enough, one of these is clearly the objective choice, while the other one is gay as shit. Using these rules, this will surely simplify everything and not lead to yet another 100 replies in the span of 5 minutes

this is why the server breaks. none of this shit is essential. this is all "nice to have if it doesn't cause the server to shit itself".

Yeah we sure as fuck don't need all of those.

I had an idea where if a town exceeds a certain population, caravans are formed with the extra hands and they move on to make their own small village nearby and the process continues. This seems to me like a fresh way of going about making a "nation" or "state" instead of a single massive town. People get to stay comfy and jobs are plentiful. Maybe even road autists could connect the villages. Seems a lot more interesting and much less complicated with roles and responsibilities than if we all piled into a single walled off area where we see each other every single day and share the same supplies. If you needed every single person of the same faction (say JK as a whole) it'd just take a short trip to the capital village by boat or cart and everyone is there.

I know they aren't, just banting lad.

Not to say overloading on mods isn't a possibility and (if not properly tested) something we'd want to avoid, but some of that stuff (killing trader, fixing action timer, odd database caused spawns) actually seems pretty necessary, if to save us a headache in the future, mind explaining what is bothering you with them?

Mods don't cause the server to shit itself unless there's a specific reason why. Just having a lot of mods is not a problem at all. What I listed isn't even a lot of mods, either, that's pretty much the bare minimum and those are all (except for a couple) mods known to be working on the current version. There are dozens of other mods that WOULD be nice to have but probably won't work on this version.

/fixd

Holy shit

That's a solid rule for life in general too.

The client link should give me the game right? Trying to launch it but I'm just getting my command prompt. Should I just pirate the game elsewhere?

this should be a rule of the universe

just right, just type in that mega link by hand like the slave nigger you are.

t-thanks

quality links

What's the size of the summer map ? How flat is it ? It shouldn't be effortless to cross the map (have to make boats, roads, bridges or take time to go around natural obstacles).
And as a side note it would be more fun to never see the map but then there is the problem of getting players' trust.

Regarding the towns, i'd rather have a bare map with maybe a few traders in shacks. Not counting the dungeons n shit.
Plateau formations could be nice but may be OP

If you think its gonna reduce the time spent farming you're mistaken, you fuckers are just gonna make bigger fields.

Cap needs to stay on it keeps the gap between casuals and autists manageable

Kinda related, from reading the last 2 threads it seems epic curve is still undecided ? If it's required for champions/missions,i think it should be on but we'd have to take the multipliers to x1-2 / x3 (closer to 1 most likely).

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I think you underestimate our autism user.
We were already going to make the bigger fields.
Now we're making the biggest fields.

What about priest restrictions? I see them as useless as all they really do is encourage alts.

But yeah that megalink is down, I rechecked it a couple of time to make sure I typed it down correctly but it seems correct so far.

On WRC my field was 20*21.
That's 420 tiles of wemp, my dude.
Never. Again.

i like the no alts + priest restrictions so its not 20 niggers magfagging it up for the combat dmg bonus

You're only allowed to be devoted to one God correct?
I say we collectively vote on one to follow, none of that multi-cult bullshit.

If someone in Brostantinbrople follows someone else we bully them until they convert.

mega.nz/#!xi4UgCSZ!EpbMjdPo7gi9q097CJPNJ8n7wZ80XmsVDBSFosOaJ10

and then once you download that you can keep trying to connect to the server in OP until it goes up, you should probably script it and make sure it's checking atleast 5 times a minute.

Looking at your link and then looking at mine, I now feel like a fucking retard for missing that mistake

Don't let the HOTSfags hear that, they'll shit all over the walls in fury.

Retarded idea but if we HAD to choose seeing as there is definetly gonna be a war, as much as I'd never pick him under normal circumstances: Let's prep the bull and roll with Magranon.

Here is a list of priest restrictions, along with the MMO player gods because lel.
If you want to be a priest, choose a job that lines up with your god.
For all WL gods that includes farming, gardening, and animal taming. You finally have the free time to work on bringing bears, crocodiles, and hell-hounds into battle with you.
In addition:
Fo gets digging for terraforming.
Vynora gets woodcutting.
Magranon gets mining.
Libila lets you woodcut AND mine as well as generally being a nigger like the BLACK'dlighter you are.
Fo can terraform the land to build larger farms to work on while Magranon, Vynora, and Libila can devote all their efforts to providing the best raw materials for their village. Priests are meant to be a supporting pillar of the community

Don't worry about it, it was an ass thing to not type it out anyway.

Life is suffering.

They also can't improve items which means they're useless for most crafting jobs.

Then don't take a fucking crafting job, Rabbi.

Yeah, in WO. In WU they're alts or "Sorry guys can't help with the village wide mega project. :^)"
I've also seen
Fairly often.

So… If we're following a pantheon and not using my suggestion of one God only.

Our miners should follow Magranon
Our healsluts should follow Fo
Our farmers should follow Vynora
Have I got that right?

So since I plan on specing the /comfy/ fisherman/farmer/ranger lifestyle.
I'd best follow Vynora?

Also I hope Magranon gives you some serious good shit since you're only allowed to do two thing when you follow him.

These restrictions are not the ones placed on regular followers but rather the priest restrictions

Ah I get you.

How dull/hard is it being a priest?
I'm a little interested now.

pretty dull
the entire process can be automated using a macro that prays every 20 minutes for faith and spams spells for channeling gains

On top of the posted restrictions you can't improve, repair, or build buildings. The ways to gain faith are praying at an altar, which by default only gives gains at a minimum of 20 minutes apart and is capped at five gains a day. There's also preaching, but that requires at least six other players to stand near you for a minute while you do that, which never happens in Holla Forumsillages.

This has been discussed at length before. The problem is if you remove all restrictions, everyone just goes priest and it's a big memefest where everyone spams magic and First Aid is a joke and so on. But if you have vanilla restrictions, you pretty much need to use an alt to priest unless you just don't want to play.

So what you do instead is something in between - remove some of the most basic restrictions on priests, like building (continuing/destroying/repairing), improving, packing, and paving, and but leave the others. This means a priest can now build their own house and imp tools, but they'll need help to, say, terraform or mass-gather lumber or farm or go mining, depending on the god. For average players this annoyance means there's actually an incentive not to go priest, but for priests it lets you have more fun with the game, because honestly who the fuck wants to play a building and crafting game like wurm and not be able to build or craft at all? The vanilla restrictions are just a scam designed to help rolf make more money from WO users buying subs for their priest alts.

Anyway, you'd need a mod that lets you do this. On a previous server we edited the .jar directly to make certain actions doable by priests and I remember how it was done, it's not difficult to do, the only problem is I don't know how stable that would be. You'd probably be better off making it into a modloader mod.

Seems fun_ tbh

I assume if I take a jaunt down to the mines I'd get enough people to preach to.
In the early mine development that is…

Well whatever, Priest of Vynora at your service lads.

I don't think there's anything wrong with everyone going priest. Just think of it as choosing a class.

Alright so I tried digging into the emu files to see what I could do to get it running since I'm still just getting a command prompt. So far I've made changes and nothings really happening I'm just getting that command prompt and yes I overwrote that .dll file

if you like having to run back to an altar every 20 minutes so you don't fall behind on faith gains, sure
also i'm pretty sure the people you preach to have to be of the same faith

stop using windows 10

That makes zero sense. Isn't the purpose of preaching to convert people to your faith?

fuck yeah my man
we can finally have a trophy hall to collect the remains of a champ of every species and every unique in the game

it's more of a sermon than anything

I love being a priest, besides the only reason you stay a priest is if you're going to be your kingdoms channeler. 3 of your priest can be champions, and that's where the chad's like me are gonna be.

You give sermons to your flock to boost your own faith. You spam nonbelivers in chat and outside their homes because what the fuck else are you gonna do all day besides harass non believers?

The problem is that it kind of invalidates a large portion of the game. There's no reason to use First Aid when there's at least 2 or 3 people who can spam Light of Fo over and over, and Cure Medium is enough to heal pretty much any single wound anyway and it's obtained at 32 Faith, almost immediately.

Honestly the other priests aren't even that bad, it's mostly just Fo's ability to heal and heal and heal that's ridiculous. If everyone could go priest for free, that would mean everyone just goes Fo priest for the stamina boost on Grass/Dirt/Tree tiles (read: half the map) and OP healing potential. From a meta perspective if you're WL there's not much of a point even picking another god as a priest. Three of Vynora and Magranon's spells are deity's demise spells that do literally nothing because the code is broken - Fo doesn't waste space with these. 25% damage bonus in combat is barely going to matter when your enemy can replenish their health and you can't, and Vynora doesn't get a combat bonus at all. Vynora meanwhile has Nimbleness, but of course Fo has Willowspine which is the counter. Fo's abilities also help his priests evade hostile animals (you know, those things that kingdoms have prowling around as sentries?) and breed better mounts by removing bad traits and mass-grooming. Meanwhile Mag can uh, sniff out ores, on a single tile, at level 65… but only above ground. Oh, and Vynora gets to grind Puppeteering 10% faster.

TL;DR The game will be a giant meme with no priest restrictions, please don't do this. Even if you overhauled spells with Spellcraft to balance them there's still the fact that everyone is now capable of using magic and there's no specialization involved.

Fair enough.

Sold. Definitely being a priest now.
ayy

You need to understand Faith, Alignment, and Favor.
Faith can be considered your "magic level" as far as spells are concerned. As a mere follower, you can raise Faith all the way up to 30, and then you need to be a priest to get it any higher.
You need 20 Faith as a Follower to receive the bonuses from your chosen god. Vynora followers get an exp boost, Fo followers get better healing ticks, Magranon and Libila followers get a combat bonus.

Alignment is how good/evil you are and what changes it is in pic related. Higher alignment (lower if you're blacklight) reduces the miscast chance of your spells. As a rule of thumb, bury bodies if you're white light, butcher bodies if you're black light. Fo mandates you have at least 1.00 Alignment to become his follower, the other gods don't give a shit.

Favor is mana and the max amount you can have is equivalent to your Faith. You use it to cast priest spells. Some priest spells have a low Faith requirement but instead require more Favor than is actually possible for one priest to cast. This is problem is taken care of by priest Linking. Another priest can use a statuette of their god to Link with you, giving you access to their Favor pool in addition to your own, allowing you access to much more powerful spells than would normally be available to you. In addition, gems such as Opals and Emeralds that are 10QL or higher can be turned into what are essentially mana gems once you reach 38 Faith. You pool your favor into the gem, allowing you to draw from it at a later time, such as in the middle of a battle where there's no altar to sacrifice at and you need that fire pillar RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Now let's talk about sacrificing. Favor-infused gems aren't the only way to gain favor in a pinch. You can also get Favor by sacrificing items on an altar of your chosen god. Some items have double favor depending on the god. Fo likes things made out of food, pottery, and cloth. Vynora likes things made out of wood. Magranon likes things made out of metal, and Libila likes alchemy ingredients because she is a crazy bitch. If you're at max favor, you're not wasting anything if the sacrifice is happening on a deed because it contributes to the Deed faith bonus, which among other things increases the rarity window for the ENTIRE VILLAGE. The town weaponsmith could shit out a rare longsword the next day, and it would all be because you decided to give Vynora some Yo-Yos.

frostbrand is the same spell as flaming aura. magranon is kind of shit for spells tbh. mass stamina and smite are dope

sacrificing also awards 1 favor on a 30 min cooldown so you're bound to get 100 alignment if you're an enchantbot.
making and saccing cordage rope is an easy way to max the deed faith bonus.
enchants benefit from an altar bonus which scales based on altar ql, material and proximity. 70ql gold and maybe silver maxes this. 80ql for wood and stone.

I worshiped Libila fervently in the past. But this time I want Fo in my life.

Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure to let my computer know when it shoves windows 10 down my throat whenever I re-install 7 again.

Ah, I had that issue a long while back. The solution should be the same now as it was then: If you're getting a command prompt, that means your Microsoft Visual C++ programs are broken. You have to redownload those from 2008 to current. That should do it.

There really should be a God that allows digging alongside paving and gardening. You literally can't grow or pave without terraforming, it's maddening that Rolf would be this much of an asshole.

Honestly digging should be welcomed by all gods, would make more sense, you know since farming is welcomed by all.
Except Libila.

I would welcome a rewrite. Have six gods total, three male, three female, each specifically liking and hating certain things. And yes, certain things should be made acceptable by most gods. Looking at the restrictions, there isn't a whole lot of sense for what belongs to who. Being privy to farming and paving but not digging? Mag is good for farming and gardening and animals, but what the fuck is mining got to do with that? Why is Fo the only one that's into alchemy and healing when he's suppose to be the god of war? Shouldn't that by Mag and/or Vyn?

What if we increasing the cost of healing spells?

Alright I mostly just copied your post

pastebin.com/r4ZuWgAs

Fucking CIAniggers crawling everything

I remember seeing a whebbit post posted to Holla Forums about using fishing links to easily catch bots as they click on such things even with a warning within seconds, we could use such a thing here to see where they are coming from, however the image also mentioned in most cases shillbots and the like use amazonaws servers so you can't really see whos behind it.

WHERE'S THE SERVER

M-m-maybe it just means everyone's really excited for the summer serb?

there are 40 UIDs and an uncountable number of lurkers.

it's because the paste was unlisted, meaning anyone could see it on the side, including bots that stare at all public pastes

Champ slots are limited and in my experience you don't really have that Fo-Inflation, even though I agree that there are not all that many reasons not to be a Fo priest. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Fo isn't the god of war, Magranon is. It's why Magranon accepts metal things and why he approves of mining. More minerals for the war effort. The reason he's fine with farming is because he is a White Light god and it's what unites all White Lighters against the Black Light where everything, especially the land itself, is (((corrupted))).

Can we pretend our host is just a 4/vg/ guy and everyone here is actually from 4/vg/? I don't want these people reminded that 8ch exists, this place is already gotten bad enough.

It's dieded for good. Any time a serb is down this long with barely any updates proves as much.
So far nothing has been mentioned other than "working on it" so I assume hostfag ended up biting off more than he can chew, since I believe it was he who admitted not having much experience hosting Wurm servers.

You can't put the genie back in the bottle.

Are you ready niggers?

waaaay 2 big and no trees or clay visible.
Stop relying on the generator and make the damn map with the erosion tool. Also I think land on the borders might be a bad idea because the game world doesn't wrap around.

it's not finished in that shot ya dongus, spoilers

I dunno man, that smells like damage control.
Better wow us with your next post or I'm going delve deep into my smug anime folder for the strict purpose of bullying (you)

Those slopes look pretty crazy, might wanna check that out in-game to see. Also I think the coastlines might be fucked, as in they're not close enough to the water. The small islands and barrier islands in the west are interesting though.

Also yeah like said you're going to have >1000 slope sheer cliffs at the edge of the map because there's no transition there, it just goes from land to water.

I am not the admin, I was relaying what he said in the jewirc

So far the map looks preddy gud, but the next question is: Which server-host would be the least cucked? Because if we fuck that one up again it doesn't matter how many hours we spend in wurms unholy map creator.

These quotes are from previous threads.

A couple of weeks into Brohan we had to stop the server for 6 hours while we implemented pretty severe security enhancements because the attacks had become insane in the ammount we were getting and essentially became a DDOS, but we didnt have a problem after that, with the server machine still running with 0 attacks ever since.
But at the same time, wurm is pretty unstable and if the host isnt doing hourly backups to begin with, it'd be dumb. I still have Brohan's files hourly since the server's conception. Not to mention that there are many ways to break wurm if you're a new admin and are not sure what you're doing and such, so right now I think the server being down could be any of a very wide range of things.

I would sail and fish on it.

you niggers want to release said map so we mass backup it communally rather than have the situation where the "dream map" we wanted got corrupted that one time.

I'm not saying it's a "dream map", but it sure as fuck is a lot better than the last one.

WORK HARD, WORK STEADY MAPANON

Also, to all lurkers and posters looking to join, friendly reminder that thatch is comfy as hell

Gib me a (you) if you're frothing at the mouth ready to play.
Just want to get some numbers down.

The (you)'s will go to a good cause, I won't spend them on faggot shit.

This is my (you). Please give it a good home.

At this point, I just want an update on what the fuck happened to the practice server. It died like it started, with no information whatsoever.

I'm ready, but I also would be okay with waiting.

They picked a terrbile hoster and got meme'd on by russian hackers, I think.

Most of the conversation has taken place in the IRC-cord. The server began having severe issues with a memory leak, it would spike and it would hang for ten minutes at a time then crash. Admin went to look and it was spawning millions of items, so many the server had run out of slots in the DB for items. The problem was half fixed and then the site became a problem and the server was getting DDoS'd and shit and the host took it down because he was within his limit to get a refund. A new map has been made, the issues sorted and now he is looking for a server provider to use preferably with linux that does not limit his file alteration so he can put the next server up.

TAKE MY (YOU) WITH GREAT RESPECT!

You know what happens, I experienced it myself before.
You bite off more than you can chew, and when things start breaking down after 2 - 4 days of doing it for free, throwing up your hands and saying "fuck it they were right this IS a cluster fuck requiring a team and people."
Making a solid map should take at the very least a day, just because the generator takes hours to work with.

I like good news, thanks.

here

So to clarify, he knows absolutely how to resolve it, right?
Godspeed, then. As long as this is being learned from and the experience can be applied to the official server when that time comes, sounds great.

In a better more autistic world, we'd just rewrite the game.

Yeah, problem is fixed far as I'm aware. And hey, if you know of a reliable linux server provider that doesn't stop you from editing files for fucking lack of admin access by all means please do share

I've never played Wurm before and would love to get on a practice ser/v/er with some anons to learn how to craft and farm before glorious summer serb

i would like to play again also

take it

frothing at the mouth wanting cock tbh desu

TAKE MY YOU

my inner nigger is growing restless, i hope i can release him soon on (you)r server

god only knows its time to wurm again

I say we burn this one at the stake tbh,i could write paragraphs worth of bully for this particular heretic,but i'ma just come out and say we torch this one,just this one i promise.

You cannot understand the sheer sadness inhabiting my heart,for i am unable to answer Magranon's call.
I can hear him even now,whispering to me glory of day's past,wondering where have i gone,if i have abandoned him.
I feel helpless,for i cannot present to him the cold lifeless bodies of my foes,so i can prove that my blood still boils with ardent devotion to him.

Have at it.

lets please not do champions again
they're fucking broken, champ points are ass, and they promote passiveness
t. champion

I want to get some practice so I'm not totally useless at the game when the official Serb is ready to go.

UNLOCK THE FERTILE CRESCENT FOR THE PILLAGING.

ALSO MAPFAG MAKE ITALY NOT UNUSABLE MOUNTAIN

IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY MAPANON KEEP WORKING HARD
If you're the other user I might hop onto your serb for practice, but it's starting to get super busy for me with these classes don't ever take more than 13 credits, fellow burgers, especially if it's STEM shit

Don't worry, the veterans of the old server started out not knowing shit about the game either.
I'm sure they'll be more than willing to teach you.

RELEASE THE SERVER
classfaggots can fuck off to their diversity degrees

Don't know how to play Wurms, just wanna play with Holla Forumsbros

JUST

that's impossible. the map should be huge. i should not be able to walk across the map in an hour.

The issue with that is that Wurm serbs tend to be small, even with the hype we are building, even with 4/v/ biting at the bit, even with us debating on if we should play retard wrangler with plebbit and bring them in, too large will just make things feel incredibly isolated. This is one of those happy medium sort of things

Which piece do we settle first?

I say we start on the drumstick and later migrate to the chicken wing.

Can you set the max/min slope properly before eroding so you don't get cliff beaches?

Make the meme map usable

this is fine, just put it on the server and start it

Why is the entire map sand and lava?

New practice server may be happeningsooner than soon

please post info about it, not just the ip

user if this is bait,i will bully you for the rest of this thread.

i'm just passing on the intel from the inside

IT'S COMING

give irc you nerd

It has been given you absolute nerd,also,its disagreement shit,don't go there user

>you don't want to do that user
>trust me, it's terrible
>wanting to know how a select few are controlling things from the shadows, that's just silly
>heh heh heh

the invite expired though, you immense baka

Fine go there,just another list to be on,at least take care with what you say.

wanna take a guess how i didn't know that?

Next one to use spoilers unneeded is a bumboy

ok

Spank me, daddy.

disagreement.gg/QD3DYY

:^)

melons = lemons

don't be gentle

These are the kinds of post that need to be punishable by death in the village.

No homos allowed in the holy land.

what a fucking shock
WHAT A FUCKING SHOCK

Around elves, watch yourselves lads.

I'm not gay, just gender-indifferent.

Gay? But I thought we were all cute little lolis here. Have I been misled, mister?

Girls don't exist faggot.

On that other user's request I manually created a swampy lakes area in the northeastern tundra. It turned out pretty good for manual terraforming. Also added a little beach nearby.

Keep making suggestions for the map, I'm still messing around with it. Working on a mysterious place in the desert next…

Steppe,proper mountains 1 or 2 beaches,forests,plains.

Looks pretty fucking nice mapanon

Because the discfags won't do it, here's some clarification: the server they are setting up is meant by them to be the official server, they have no intention of seeing the deus vault map come to light. They're piggybacking this thread to gather numbers using confusion and a lack of communication in the hopes people eventually stop asking questions. If nobody answers them, people will stop asking them, right?

At least on disagreement we got TOP MEN WORKING ON IT RIGHT NOW.

Join now faggots.

/VXbkX9r

I KNEW YOU FAGS WERE UP TO NO FUCKING GOOD
All you had to do was work together with everyone else, instead you retards spent enough money on a host for 3 months of use on a serb that died in less than 12 hours. I felt bad, and thought everything could work out, but I'm going to tell you right now you idiots can't even build a map properly, what makes you think you'll even pretend to be the official server?

Who knows, maybe this user is LARPing, but I am pretty much siding on this.

Just join and help 'em out. They are not as cancerous as you might think. It's just an easier process to work on it together on dicksword.

CLAY BIOME WHEN

Fuck off tbh

For what fucking purpose?

Heh

Nope. Join the discshit chat yourself and scroll up. They outright say that's what they're doing. They have no interest in this merely being for practice or testing against bugs. They have kiked Wurm away from the rest of us and they'll do everything they can to obscure that fact while rewriting history.

Because it's a cancerous as shit place full of Jews that take over others' hard work for their own personal gain.

I bet they browse Holla Forums, they share the same mentality tbh.

I agree, but I'm just annoyed at the retarded filter

At this point it's known that there's 2 groups one with mapanon that needs time to get things right and one that want's a serb now and is willing to host and admin,unfortunately it seems the latter is not willing to wait for the former.

I'm starting to sympathize with the let it die fag.

Or you could just screencap it so we don't have to do that.

there's more then that if you consider irc

tho i agree, let it die

not really sekrit,if you know it exists you can always ask for it,don't think anyone would be high enough on their own supply to not give it.

I refuse, your faggotry knows no bounds already and the serb died before the thread 404'd. I have little doubt it'll be a repeat

i hope this is just an unfortunate choice of words,but i don't think actual transfers from the practice serb to the summer one would happen,and i'd agree.

Dis/cord is for faggots.
No thanks, we have a perfectly good thread to discuss shit.

Oh yeah, excuse my poor use of terms, I'm one of those new players who wants to learn I mentioned. When summer serb comes up everyone should start at the same level, anything else would be fucking retarded.

I have zero interest in playing with shitcorders, Wurm is only fun because you're with anons.
Guess I won't be joining whatever eventually goes up.

dis cord isn't open because you can't search up servers, you have the invite and that's it

/VTdPJsg

OK FAGGOT NOW JOIN IF YOU WILL

haha

Same actually.
And it's a shame considering the interest this post indicates we have.

reddit-tier disagreementfags ruining shit once again.
Who saw that coming?

is it being done here? out in the open, in this thread? no? then it isn't a Holla Forums server. If the server is for this community, then why the fuck are you going to a different community to make it.
fucking newfags need to learn that once you leave here you stop being an user.

I'm just stating it exists and as far as i know isn't really a sekrit,i agree that it's pure faggotry.

The constant REEing over chat programs here has always been retarded, and I'm not just talking about Wurm threads.

People don't need IRC or disagreement to act like faggots; they can do that on Holla Forums just fine.

I was not invested in the last serb and am glad that it is dead. In fact I was the first to speak out against it in the dicksword.

Now a lot of us are actively working together to make the next one happen properly. Compared to the last serb this is bretty gud.

Besides, the server is not going to be up all that soon. We still don't have an uncucked hoster picked out, we still have not got the mods implemented and working (which we should do BEFORE we make it (((official)))) and I am not sure if we're 100% set on all the settings either. Especially individual skillgain adjustments for the currently cucked job and dealing with the ebin curve which we all hate but the other ebin settings which have lots of advantages.

There is a lot of work to be done and after the initial fuckup of the last serb dieing so quickly they are now getting far more serious and want to do it right. Personally I'd wish for a spring release of the serb once everything is tested, works and balanced.

Also don't forget that we have not even discussed the ingame economy. Huge fuckup potential there. Anyone here good at math?

Okay. Some things may have been deleted, not 100% the reveal is entirely there, but here.

And they also plan to start the next thread to push their new serb.

Bunch of Jews. All you had to do was be honest about what you were doing. You couldn't communicate the first time, you're lying now, if you'd actually be upfront about how you're trying to change the thread's course for your own goals then I wouldn't be so annoyed.

see

Also joining fucking disagreement isn't a requirement, we'll post updates here and whatnot and we consider whats being discussed in here, calm down niggas.

So wait, there's only like six faggots in there?
Fuck 'em, they're out then. Let them do their own thing.

I thought it was like 40-50% of the posters replying to
Rule for new thread?
Anyone mentioning Disc in any regard is laughed at or ignored.

Need a Disc edit for pic-related tbh

Let me grab my lil audio book here and it'll tell you what needs to be done.
youtu.be/rd0AdArPjqU?t=1819

Some more info:

Hosting is going to be done on an uncucked dedicated linux serb that respects your freedoms'n shit.

Also I feel like ingame economy is really not being given enough attention. Seriously lads, fuck up the traders and you fuck up the serb.

see pic

Also there is 51 people offline in there too but I can't tell you how many of those are actually active.

Money is only going to be used for deeds and cocaine, maybe some shit like a magic chest once in a blue moon.

Really the most important thing is ensuring people can maintain deeds.

HoTs still has our own. I'm the only one following the thread for the 14 of us.

Agreed. Keep spending money on other things to a minimum. No selling stuff if bounty mod is active (looks like it will be), should be fairly easy to balance bounty with powder costs.

Turning off bounty and balancing selling prices with buying prices would, of course, also be cool. But it's more work.

Hope you guys are not spooked by us using dicksword so much. I know it's gay, but right now it works pretty damn well for making progress.

>NKDragunov the faggot is using (((dicksword)))
IMAGINE MY SHAWK

No,fuck you stalker now go get sodomized by the bloodsucker's since you're one of them.

whoever took this screenshot, only Default is a mod.

Who also has a massive hard-on for Tewd, choosing his shitty block map instead of a superior choice preferred by literally everyone else.

Here's the main issue with using dicksucker.

And that's only one issue.

Not spooked by it. By all means have one, but if you don't communicate your intentions here in the thread no one (on HoTs) will know whats going on. And like a one man jihadi I will suicide the HoTs faction unless our demands are met. We will not play on a shifty/janky server.

yes that's the issue with anonymous focused sites

What the fuck.

people have done more for less

What's funny is that it describes the current situation pretty damn well.

All of them, masterminds of a hive-mind working together to oppose you.

Also, to include the thread more into discussion, here's something we gotta figure out in order to not fuck up bounty mod and traders:

How many trolls does an average, grown up crusader consume per hour when out crusading? Because the basic idea should be: You invest ~1 hour, you earn 1 powder. That way you can transfer your energy 1 to 1 to newlads to help em grow, or conserve it for powergrinding sessions later.

lmao context

See, and you do exactly what you're accused of doing. Don't address the claims, just charge ahead with the details and hope people stop caring enough to bring up how Discfags have hijacked the whole project.

as far as I know the disagreement is open to whoever

I'm trying to make some progress on the server I'm not the representing the republic of dickswordia here.

All I can tell you is that I personally am not conspiring with anyone and try to talk both in here AND in disagreement. I'm only talking to Default in order to help him figure out some mod settings (at which I am not all that competent but we can try to get the most obvious stuff out of the way while the others shitpost).

So you spent all this time and before trying to get shit together but nothing was done except your very impressive server that lasted 1 day using a rangen map?
Anons just want a server that's been worked on as far as a map, modlist, admins and events.
The (((6 months meme))) started and ended in the first thread, the only ones who kept it up where the impatientfags.
FUCKING DISPAIRFAGS
boohoo nothing is perfect so why even try to do anything at all boohoo
So you come in the threads and say that all the people who want to get things done right ( albeit at the expense of time) are screeching yet you run and hide in your disagreement and screech.

I'll give the devil his due and say this, whoever actually paid to get a server up and running put their money where their mouth was. It just didn't work out.

Rate my meme cunts.

All we can do is do our best to make sure the serb will not be completely fucking awful. Personally I hope we'll take the time and not blow the load early and host the serb tomorrow or something.

The serb should not be posted here until everything (observable) is confirmed to work correctly.

So what is going to happen with this server that's being worked on?
What are the rates?
What map?
Which mods?
Who are the admins?
Are the admins/host knowledgable about logs and how to read them?
What events are there going to be?
Once it gets posted are you going to let the cuckchanner know about it?
What about normies/plebbit?

Everyone decided on 30x/30x rates, the chicken map, and no mods.
Also we only have one admin and they have zero experience.
(Also yes 4chan will be joining the kingdom with reddit and us)

3/10
It's a template meme user cmon,you can do better to make it stand out.

how can we trust you faggots not to inflate your own stats?

I can't tell if this is bait,and this worrys me greatly.

:^)

The serb shouldn't be posted here at all because you fuckers shouldn't be allowed to take over the way that you are.

Memes aside, it's just like last time. It's a running theme now. These assholes are nothing but contemptuous of what goes on ITT and won't share any details outside their chat.

It's being worked on.
x3/x3, epic curve hasn't been decided on afaik.
This map.
Creature age, no crop rot, dig to ground, harvest helper, inbreed warning, hitching post, starter gear and bag of holding spellmod.
Default is the admin, he's DM'd two servers so far and knows his shit.
No events planned.
Plan to split the chans and plebbit into their respected kingdoms.

Straight from their (((dicksword)))

That better be a fucking work in progress,also same tree forests are a thing in that map right?that shit is not by default.

This map has potential, it just needs a few hand placed biomes. thank you. Gib Taxidermy mod

As if. That's what they're going with. Compare it to which was what the majority of the discshit wanted. The admin couldn't care less about majority vote, this whole thing is an ego trip.

You're already looking at them.

Thank you for posting some useful info, but time to REEE
How is that even up for discussion? Shit ruins longevity.
Some of these are admin behind the scenes kind of mods, but is there a reason they aren't being used?
You don't have to say exactly what the event will be, to keep suspense, but really nothing?

Rush job ego trip. This is what they're trying to sacrifice the deus vault map for, another complete mess like their last one.

HoTS is going to need some corruption near their spawn where ever u decide it to be. Mycellium is very important to have a decent amount of. It doesn't have to be a massive amount like an entire islands worth because they have a priest spell to spread it across the entire world in late game. Preferably having just 1 corrupted island with centralized mycellium would be perfect. Anyone who wants the Hate path in meditation should have some risk to it. (this is not a full proof position it can be cheesed.)

I like the one you linked more actually.

Yeah I knew the second I hit "New Reply" I blew my load too early.

How about now?

Upon further inspection I see tar literally fucking everywhere. The idea was to have 1 to 2 deserts of tar to make big ships actually valuable. Having a commodity to fight over would be nice 2.

The biggest question is;
Where the fuck is the clay?

kys self faggot
I want the server
I WANT IT NOW

x3/x3 probably, possibly alternatively x1.5/x1.5 if ebin curve is active - I strongly advise against ebin curve, but other than the curve ebin is actually pretty good

We got two people working on maps right now and thus, two maps - we'll have to figure out which one to use but if I judge the consensus correctly (no guarantee on that) it looks like our map will be tamriel, wurm edition. That is if the guy behind it fixes a certain cliff problem next to the water.

First of all, looks like no bounty mod after all and we roll with default traders, apparently they are not as cucked as I thought. Balancing bounty with powder prices ain't so easy, personally I wouldn't know where to put the bounty and where to put the prices, all I know is that 1 hour of crusading should be equal to 1 powder. As for the other mods, we got cropmod managing the good old 23-harvest-cycle, creatureagemod, digtoground, harvesthelper, good 'ol hitching post, inbreedwarning, spellmod and startergear. These are the ones I know of but I am not an all an expert on mods.

Default Ur, possibly also Feo, Lil' Bruce will host but not do admin stuff. IMO we need at least two admins. Also if anyone is like "literally who?" I can't really tell you much about them, I don't think I've played with them on WRC or Brohan, not sure though, a certain beverage may or may not be screwing with my memory.

Default says he knows how 2 logs.

Do dungeons count? Because so far it looks like there will be dungeons. I don't think we're done discussing events yet though.

Their main force has their ambassador lurking here, I imagine he'll spread the word when the time has come. He better do a proper OP.

I guess we'll try to invite plebbit, but I'm gonna be honest: If Brohan is any indicator that shit ain't gonna be easy. We'll have to put some energy into keeping our thread up there.

Allow me to vision it, if you will.

The clay is in your heart.

Just host it yourself and see what happens you, you… DOUBLE HOTSHEAD.

i'd have 20 user's on it right now if I started it up with something fresh out of the map generator and did zero testing and posted no information.

you'd have 20 anons for a week buddy boo. We've seen this game played over and over again.

no eb-nigger curve

your right we should just wait 6 years user's will be nice and fresh then

Right now testing is being started
Sadly I have go to bed so, uh, have fun I guess. Fuck me.

If some double nigger posts the serb data, stay calm. It went up literally a second ago. We gotta see if shit works.

Also tbh I have no idea which map it is right now but I have a feeling it's gonna be Denmark.

Those who ignore history, are doomed to repeat it you fucking mongoloid.

And here I thought the main argument in the threads was between x1/x1, x1/x2 and x2/x2
But I guess I'm just imagining that.

Oh look, the discshitters are already deciding on something without informing the thread.
Who saw that one coming?

If half of them give up early that's still a number to work with. He just has to keep his 4/v/ thread up. ;^)

Why would discshits worry about history when they rewrite it to serve their ends? Just watch the next thread if they start it before anyone else. They're going to memoryhole as hard as possible.

anyone who wants 1 or 2 rates is a memelord.

Yeah ebin curve tends to cause confusion when it comes to rates. IIRC the whole x1 or x2 discussion was about ebin curve and we settled on x1.5 if ebin? Looks like there is no ebin tho. There better not be a fucking ebin curve with x3 rates…

Stop the needless antagonizing. If there is ANYTHING we should have learned from history by now it is that drama is our greatest enemy.

Anyway, I'm out for today, ya'll niggas behave and be nice to each other or I'll wall in the clay.

There is no IF, there is only WHEN.
And I guarantee you the more you half-ass this the sooner that'll be.

You do realize you pretty little retard that it takes 10 - 15 people to break 1 HQ stone wall down? 5 people cannot take on a settlement of token ghost.

I don't give a flying fuck what you think m8.
It's what was getting discussed in the thread.

No, 99% of the thread was against ebin.

Pile in cunts, a little early to stop (((discshitters))) subverting.

You connived to take over the Wurm project by pushing servers with zero dialogue with the people who wanted to play. Your only participation in these threads was to have your discshit friends come in to laugh off frustrations while asserting that your broken, shitty servers are somehow better than the one these threads have been revolving around. Fuck you.

We have a completely different server now. People are working hard on the next serb not being a fuckup.

I do not really like dicksword either. I also would rather give it a couple months more. But I can't prevent the non-waitfags from doing their thing. So in order to make sure they at least do the serb right this time and not repeat their retarded fuckup from last time, I get involved rather than spreading negativity and insulting people.

All I care about is all of us playing wurm together again. I do not care about disagreement. I do not care much about how long we wait. I simply do what I believe to be smartest, so I try to share some info I get on disagreement with those who understandably don't want to suck its dick, try to help the admins and disagreement-lads not to make too many bad decicions and try to keep the drama to a minimum from my side.

If that is so wrong then so be it. I just want the golden old times back.

You're doing mag's work user,keep at it.

What's the point of me doing this work if everyone just wants to be angry at each other? Honestly all I'm doing here is damage control, from my perspective.

our own Kingdoms and gods when?