Monster Hunter General /mhg/

OFFICIAL /MHG/ SQUAD: EIGHT FLEET
asked someone to invite you in

MH PSP DOWNLOADS

Freedom Unite: mega.nz/#!87AwmQDD!NlXnMcsIhAliHovCHVvySkY1yo5Zlw3cj4ffUGm9I2w
Portable 2nd G: mega.nz/#!FvomDA7Y!7rYPTlPjbRU_UkX2qVbPEii2zxSID_dAWYdO01XhmsI
Portable 3rd HD for PPSSPP (English Patched): mega.nz/#!3kxWTZpQ!FPNkkIlFY6kmX_XEdw_AzNnpdaj1wqbmw4ALHZo_c4M

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic in the OP with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.
Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?264641-30-1-2015-CIA-Format-DLC-s-Themes-amp-Updates-Section-Posting-Guidelines-PLEASE-READ

Resources:
>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH4U Relic Chart Stats and Images: imgur.com/a/b3xwy
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

Other urls found in this thread:

monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Hunting Horn
ziperto.com/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-3ds-decrypted-rom/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Some user did some testing on how the Attack Power increases from different items stack & measure against each other in MHW
Note, these are the raw damage values, not the bloated ones you see if you look at your stats.

+15
Until cart.

+5
Until cart.

+7
Until cart.

+10
3 minutes.

+25
20 seconds.

+10
3 minutes.
Also affects nearby allies.

Stacking

Demondrug and Mega Demondrug do not stack, and Mega will overwrite the regular.
Mightseed and Mightpill do not stack, Pill will overwrite the seed.
Everything else stacks with eachother, And also with hunting horn songs.
They also stack with all armor skills.

Extra

Eat for Attack Up (L)
Mega Demondrug, at start.
Might Seed + Demon Powder when you are about to engage the monster. (Repeat every time you chase the monster after it flees)

Might Pill is only good in very limited things like using one before waking up a sleeping monster.

Same also applies for defense items, so if you are feeling vulnerable, try drinking a (Mega) Armorskin at start and eating an Adamant Seed when engaging a monster.

Question, but if you join any expedition regardless of rank, do you get the high rank monsters they have?

Wondering if I could lach on some better armored guy to farm Diablos.

OFFICIAL /MHG/ SQUAD
EIGHTH FLEET

Eighth Fleet squad session ID: 62FjtKT8GyTp

Joining the session does not change anything. It's like a LAN or lobby. You can still solo quests. This means you can join and continue on as normal while chatting.
When you post a quest, it will be visible to the rest of us and we can join before you depart or during the quest.
For those who still need an invite: just type in the ID in "join online session" | "search via ID"
Reminder that you don't need the ID if you're already in the squad, but if you can't seem to connect to the one that already exists (via squad session search), you might want to use the ID instead.
Unfortunately, the gathering hall hub is near-pointless since you can just post the quests from the village. That being said, we like to see that pretty face, so afk there and not the gay village unless you want to be a homo.

Will reply to this post when ID changes

Kill yourself for being a scrub and also kill yourself for buying this shit

There is a limit to 12 players in a session, right? I guess first one getting in first one served?

Now that's kind of funny, if not predictable

For the squad? I think its 50, gathering hall is 16

How about something to replace xer with the guildmarm? Or anyone that doesn't looks like a potato?

Wait, MHW is out? It feels as if nobody here really talked about it.

it all we've been talking about since E3, why would we make a dedicated thread when we have a general?

i was messing around with it helping a buddy go through low rank, do all strikes on the head accumulate stun or is it just the big bang strikes? I want to give these monsters brain damage before they go

Another silly question. I've been using the great sword since the beginning of the game, but I'm thinking about trying the battle horn just to have a big musical maze after doing the Rathian arena fight.

every hammer attack on the head does KO damage.

Fuck, I'm stupid, I forgot to add the question.

Basically, is the Battle Horn as good as fun as it looks?

No it's really awful in world. Like you can use it, but expect double or triple hunt times solo.

Ah shame. I'll stick with the Greatsword then because is the only weapon I'm somewhat confortable using.

why would lie on the internet?

sick video, I wish I could show a ton of clips of not even monsters dying, not using my most damaging attack or showing clear times!
That sure showed me. Look at that sick 30 damage!

All attacks on the head with the hammer do KO damage, because they all do Impact damage. All attacks, with any weapon type, that do Impact damage instead of Cutting damage will accumulate KO if they hit the head. This means every attack Hammer has and all but one Hunting Horn has, any Impact Phial discharges with CB, the shield bashes with SnS and Lance, the slap with GS, any attacks with Mauldrone family kinsects, and I think the pheromone marking bash with IG, all do Exhaust/KO. Exhaust phial Switch Axes will also do KO damage if they hit the head in sword mode, even though they don't do Impact damage, because Exhaust/KO is applied similarly to a status or element on those.

It's called a "Hunting Horn". And yes, it's every bit as fun as it looks. You should try it. Don't stick with just one weapon, especially not early on; branch out and experiment with any weapon that looks fun, while it's still relatively easy for you to do so.

I'm just showing that hunting horn a feasible and fun as a weapon, if you want a high level play, theres a ton on youtube.

I never said it wasn't feasible. I said it was the slowest weapon in the game with clear times 2-3 times slower.

Is the sleeping effect useful to capture monsters? I'm going into a full capture route, especially the ones I meet first time.

You said it was awful in world without saying anything specific. Nice try though

So I've only ever played Tri and Tri Ultimate, both of which I enjoyed immensely. Is it worth it for me to play World or should I just check out Generations or 4 instead? I do have a bloodborne box but I don't want to pay for online play.

oh god you can't read. I'm so sorry

Sleep status? Not really, not any more than anything else that helps you hurt a monster. It's not something specific to Hunting Horn either, it's just that in the demo the HH had that as its status effect. Putting enemies to sleep makes the next single hit they take do more damage, and gives you a chance to pile a bunch of bombs near them that'll all go off after you hit them, so you get a chance to do a large burst of damage easily.

oh god I'm so sorry. If I put a period you think the post is over.

It's good that you apologized :^)

it's more of increasing your chances for a massive burst, unless you're lucky and can inflict sleep when they're limping and capture then but the math to achieve that wouldn't be in your favor

luckily i use greatsword a lot

Interesting, and how about the gunlance? I like weapons with heavy hits and slow movements. It makes me time the combos better and I like my hits to actually make monsters sake.

Gunlance is my jam, heavy hitter and simple combo. Problem is, you have to constantly sharpening your weapon as the sharpness decrease very quickly

I don't get it, you want to murder your teammates?

So are you niggers playing on PS4? Is the framerate as abysmal as it was in the beta? I'll probably just wait for the PC release.

It doesn't get 60fps?

You guys will still be playing when the PC version arrives right?
The wait is killing me

Wait for PC if you have one but you won't be able to play with japs or consoles since theres no crossplay

If you dont want to watch the video, its 30-20fps, even with pro, its 40-30fps

This Aphrodite reborn? Surely you must be sight-impaired.

I unironically think autisic looking girls are cute.

bring back guildmarm

i knew this fucking characters reminded of something horrible, but i didn't know exactly what

I like her tbh, she's not waifu material, but more like your autistic friend you'd never fuck, but you can pig out with and have autistic discussions about monsters with

I will.
Go play something else to pass the time untill then.

On point. Thanks, saved me from posting.

They had those kind of events in Japan since god knows when.
I just hope it doesn't get out of hands with western tryhards.

>Capcom™ proudly presents: Hunting Fuel™

All of the pictures posted of her here make her look like a potato but in normal gameplay and cutscenes she looks pretty cute. I like her. Her personality is likable too. She is just a nice girl who loves you and wants to feed you her cooking.

Few quest questions for world.

Is there a trick for lance counter? I always though it was just getting hit at the right time, but there seems to be more to it.

Is it worth using over the lance? I've been using nothing but the lance, but poke poke dodge is getting tedious.

Haven't used bow since FU2. Is it worth building anything for it? I'm too much of a lazy Jew to use a bowgun.

Capcom are desperate for a LOL tier esport for some fucking retard reason. SFV failed in that regard so now they are trying the same shit with MH. Why can't they be happy with just selling video games?

Yeah, it has "charge" lvl, but it is better to use as a quick punish for roars and other attacks and keep poking.

I'm honestly jealous of Melty Blood's dumpster tourneys.

waifu posting?
or it it not that type of game?

Wait till Nerscylla gets added in.

I thought they had them in the toilets.

Why is Blacksteel weapon so shit compared to Dragonbone weapon despite one being higher rarity than another?

check out Portable 3rd HD and 4 Ultimate, however the online for 4U is likely dead for the most part.
AVOID GENERATIONS AT ALL COST

They even have a Guildmarm costume you can buy for your Handler it doesn't make her any cuter. It's not the same.

she still looks like a potato in gameplay and cutscenes imo, but her personality is pretty a-okay.

god I wish.
Nerscylla would be so damn fun to hunt in Ancient Forest (or maybe Rotten Vale).
bring back the teleporting/flying Shrouded Nerscylla too

Posting best waifu.

Dude. I would breed the shit out of her. Like whole 9 yards with her. Marriage. Kids. Hundreds of kids. Id irevocably alter the course of human genetics thats how much kids id get out of her

But that is not Rathian.

Let me unleash the beast.

More like daughteru

guildmarm was way more autistic regarding monsters, she wanted some of that brachydios COCK

I get that but it's like they went of their way to make her butt ugly, not plain or ordinary just ugly. It might just be the competence of nuCapcom showing.
Oh well, I think the same way about Futaba in P5 so I guess one man's tismfu is another man's mattress actress.

Catalina and a handful of monsters were the only good thing in Generations

NOW she's attractive that IS fumio, isn't it? It looks like his style

on a scale of Dragons dogma to mario:
how good is the character creator?

There's no body customization but the faces are greatly customizable.
Cats too, but I wish they had more patterns and stuff.

Its really good.

None of these waifu compare to the hottest mammal alive.

so its GUTS or go home…great

There's no point since you'll be wearing armor 100% of your playthrough.

if you're autistic enough you can make a cute girl
it's hard because of the way faces look in the game, but it's doable

It is, yeah.

She really isn't that ugly, the expressions she makes are just stupid.
Female characters in general have the same problem for whatever reason. It's easy to make good looking ones, but they immediately go potato when you get into cutscenes and they start making faces.

Damn, no one was able to beat Shill OP this time?

Monster Hunter World

In certain cut-scenes under the right lighting the handler looks cute but it's rare most of the time she looks like a potato.Her character is fine though. Capcom just needs to fire their modelers and hire proper ones because 1 out of every 3 girls Capcom models look hideous. It isn't where they are actively trying to make uggos like in western video games.

It just makes me laugh thinking about watching a bunch of min/max autists scramble around while shitty commentators screech about someone carting or healing

Yeah I'd rather fuck one of the monsters

But she IS one of them

yeah, I feel like this is the case, since some of the female NPCs are still pretty cute.
at least the Handler is getting some artwork that makes her cuter

Good morning Makoto :^)

Now we know the origins of Wyverians

Am I the only one who wants to lick the sweat off of Sisterly Fourths ass? That is the best girl in the game.

Play the PSP games or 4U

Threadly reminder that Dinovalde died for our sins to protect us from that foul creature.

*muffled Dragon's Dogma music playing in the distance*

How the mighty have fallen. Gyakuten Saiban is probably the only modern title of theirs that holds up consistently, mostly because the graphics come close to matching the art style.

Btw, something I just remembered - how does the save file work in World? Do you have various slots for profiles Soulslike, a single slot like Dragon's Dogma or like MGSV where the game stays in a post game status?

You may or not be Makoto, the facts aren't clear. But regardless of that it appears you're a queer.

Please, calm down, Makoto-kun.

C'mon Makoto, we all know how you behave in this thread. 60+ posts, not one person mention the OP, only you get your butt twisted over MHW theme OP and calling me a shill.

Which one is that? The one with the big steak?

it's weirder than that since NPCs like the guild lass and the ones that just wander around the hub are pretty cute

i fucking love that cat

It's been like that for a while user since Claire in REvelations 2 they just can't do it. However they redid Rebecca's face RE0's remaster and it looked great.

rev2 claire isn't hideous but she's always frowning which makes her look worse

I can't stand that fucking cat and his undershits for one specific, unforgivable, reason.
YOU DON'T GRILL FUCKING LOBSTER YOU THRICE DAMNED HEATHENS
You get some seaweed, get that water to a nice roilin boil, and plop them in. At no point should they ever approach an oven or griddle, flat top or barbecue. I can forgive any mistakes this game makes but that culinary degeneracy.
Should be served with butter and steamed corn. Bring a bib.

how's your shrine to the one true monster going?

SORRY CHEF

=reframe=

I couldn't find the "shrimpin aint easy" edit

Might be because those aren't as expressive as the handler so the odds to potato are much smaller.

Code Veronica Claire is best Claire. RE's really inconsistent with character looks.

She does have to deal with the anthropomorphization of Tumblr.

Thanks for reminding me I needed some vanilla incense for Ammit.
Speaking of which, I'd love to hunt something with jaws as big as the rest of the body combined. Scary as chimeras in some mythologies.

Not a chef, it's a New England thing. Tradition. Also the only way to make it not taste like bootleg crab, the boiling makes it self sautee in shell.

nercy*

do you like your monster girls fecund?

Since I don't ever dust my whole appartement is a shrine for spider bros.

This is normally my least favorite weapon, but god damn I'm finding it pretty fun now.

Sword and shield has been the patrician weapon since tri. Everyone who isn't a complete shitter knows how strong the shield is now. It can take Nergigante's dive head on and only give the hunter a slight boo boo. Been this way since Tri.

Underrated post

Why aren't you using high quality steel folded 1000 times for your daily huntan?

Are there any armor experts here? Been organizing my smut and I've a few MonHun stuff I've no clue what specific sets they might be. Already looked in the boorus but no luck (found the artists but the images are either unnamed as well or not there at all).
Just a cheeky shot in the dark.

Polite sage.

That bottom one is definitely bullfango.

3rd looks like a mixed set, the head is lao-shan and the waist is shinobi armor, i don't know what the plate, gauntlets and legs are, maybe legs is hornet.

DLC pirate set, plesioth, blackbelt, and bullfango.

that isn't plesioth the hat's from the velocidrome armor.

Thanks.
I think a couple are mixed sets too. 3rd seems to have the Kuroobi headband.

Lance clear times are faster than gunlance, yes. But that's because like you said it's moveset just devolves into non-stopping poke poke dodge or guard/counter spam. Gunlance's moveset offers more variety, especially if you use a long type that gets you the most out of your shells. It has less mobility than the lance, but in world it has double hops instead of single hops compared to the lance's triples. But the gunlance comes with worthwhile sweeping attacks instead of just thrusts, and if you use those correctly you can dismantle just about any monster in the game with just your pokes. And for other hardener parts (except barroth skull, for some stupid reason) else you have shells, dragonstake, and wyvernfire. If you want to try your hand at monster surgery via explosives, play gunlance.
As for bows I think people are using the tobi, diablos, and nerg trees.

greatsword you are my greatest ally

Damn, and here I was building toward the Legiana one because I thought it looked tight af, stats and visuals.

The Legiana tree has a few problems. Firstly it doesn't have any slots which hampers it in min-max builds. Due to it's heavy focus on ice damage, it's going to underperform in a lot of fights compared to an allrounder like the diablow or the more useful dragon element of the Nergi bow.
I've also heard of people using the Xeno bow but i can't say how good it is since i haven't made it yet.

If you enjoy lance as a weapon type and want to fight like one of the angel knights from DMC4 then get yourself a gun lance. The shelling is really good to use, it feels fantastic to blast a monster in the face with a HEAT round, and you have more than just pokes; the stabs and slices you can do from your combos are actually viable for cutting a tail, and the shelling will attack past armor and crush through it. The gun lance is a little weaker than the hammer and GS in terms of doing either of those jobs, but it makes up for having that duality as well as giving a great guard that trumps every other shield in the game.

Any of you fags waiting for the PC version?

I know that a friend of mine is waiting.

yup. Trying to play through big guy 4U while I wait.

Yes. The game is clearly incomplete and rushed for console shitters with no standards.

As opposed to PC cuc– I mean, patricians with superior taste even though you're paying for the exact same game you claim to hate?

Speaking of funlances, what is a good upgrade path for the funlance if I want to actually help people on hunts? I'm going for the barroth path right now because it looks like it does KO damage, which is something that could only be beneficial to a team.

I went with default with a free elem charm because It was easy to make and I like to blow shit up.
Once you learn the best combos and learn to dodge with the i-frames then you will become a GL god.
Just look at my high quality, high level gameplay :^)

I've seen a few rooms every now and then. 3-5 pages worth before mhw.

I'm playing on ps4 and then I'll buy the G version on pc. I have to assume capcom is intelligent enough to release the G version on the pc rather than the regular version.

Are Monster Hunter games good? I've been hearing about the games for years but never played any.

play and find out.

No they are horrible games and everyone is in on a joke to make you think otherwise

Monster Hunter was a mistake

It's truly amazing how many people unironically like MH all of a sudden.

Capkike is the mistake.

I want to try gun lance what tree/armor set is good to start building?

Guy's I just got the optional Zorah Magdaros quest to show up, come get some drops, laddies
7uHukdK8TbKj

Anjanath has a few artillery points.
So does Dodogama I think.

Alright I guess I'll go fuck myself.

They're aiming for a PC release in autumn, and the main team is working on it instead of outsourcing it. The G version for 4 took about a year, and XX was about a year and a third after X. If PC gets G only and not the base version, it's going to be a really small G.

Yes, but they're not for everyone. If you like the idea of a an essentially nonstop string of boss fights with a variety of playstyles based on the choice of weapons and armors that you craft from the remains of the bosses you've killed thus far, grab the PSP titles in the OP and give it a whirl.

So, I have two questions.

First one is how do I farm monster bone+ fast without hunting the same frost fish dragon over and over?

Second. I keep seeing in the daily rewards something about a celebration pack for selling more than 4 million copies. What is that and how can you retrieve it?

That's because any thread not made by a total fucking tool was locked.

REMINDER THAT WORLD IS DEVOID OF MON HUN HUMOR, NEEDED TO PATCH IN POOGIE, AND IS SHILLED BY NORMALFAGS EVERYWHERE

Is changing IP fun?

R
E
D
D
I
T

How the fuck can you do that?

You can post multiple medias simultaneously, newfag.

It's like golf. That means he wins.

That was from before even the public demo builds. If you could find an example of this happening in the release, it'd matter. That might just be one of the only bugs they've actually fixed.

This too, does it still happen in the release?

There's a filesize limit per post.

niceu baito desune

High Rank Slagtoths would probably be the fastest way due to how easy they are to kill and having two carves per kill.

Explains a lot, really.

Kek. Stop defending faggotry.

No. Only insect glaive's bug still happens, but it just fucks up you if you don't have a friend to stagger you out of it.

What are the chances for this? Isn't Dauntless officially coming out soon?

I'm not sure where the benefit to them would come there, since I would presume trying to get people to buy into World would take away from their customer base?

Again in English, please.

If, as you said, it was people trying to shill for Dauntless who were shitposting here, it would seem to me to be counterproductive, since pushing World as a successful title and convincing people to buy it would, if anything, take away from their potential sales of Dauntless.

I think everyone is extremely confused.

That is pretty shill response tbbqh.

I get nervous fighting him since he ust flies around and wastes time so i try to force things
on a side note is it normal that i cant seem to destroy/break off anything playing SnS
I dont really like playing anything else,

I was considering it, but the mining craze hit when i was gonna replace my shit thanks to a fire, so now im playing FU

It's relatively harder to hit body parts with SnS and DB, especially shit higher up like wings or tails. You may want to consider picking up GS or Lance specifically for breaks/tail cuts if you need those parts, otherwise you'll need to be careful to ensure you deal enough damage to a part to break without killing the monster. Traps might help, as might statuses like Sleep or Paralyze, which SnS are good at inflicting.

Just use flash bombs.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the green fireflies ruin the entire experience?
I've never played a monster hunter before so I don't know if they're new or not

That's a common opinion, yes.
They're completely new to the franchise.

They are new and they replace player knowledge and paintballs. Everyone hates them and they fucking suck.

Kind of unnecessary. They should have only hilighted tracks.

I might puck up lance then, i havent had fun or success with the big swords & hammer

personally i wouldn't like highlighted tracks, just normal tracks & blood splatter would have been pretty cool

I've played monster hunter for over 3,000 hours and I don't mind the scoutflies. Since the maps are something like 2.5 times larger than they used to be and monsters change areas every half minute or so it helps from wasting tons of time. Aesthetically they don't mesh with every area and don't look good in the day time but at least they finally have a tracking mechanic in a hunting game.

They probably should have just combined the scoutflies with the tailriders and given us monsters to track the monsters. Tailriders are useless unless they're a girros. Dat paralysis boi.

>Monster Hunter (((esports)))

So, is there any actual session active? The last one isn't active.

I'll go ahead and post a Low Rank room then.

ID: 61-9763-8060-0840
Pass: 2580

I also like the damage numbers.

Now this makes me think it could have been your cat all along and I'm salty about the scoutflies.

Heh, shouldn't have got me with that bait, kid.

Capcom fucked up hard, as a gunner it's almost impossible to tell if you are hitting a weakspot without the damage numbers.
As a blademaster it makes a distinct sound when you hit it, but as a gunner you are usually far away to hear it.

I've never been a gunner but even i know there is a special flash effect when you are doing optimum damage as a gunner. It might not be world(unlikely) but it has been in all the past games.

There's two indicators. The flash is for being in the optimum range. It happens no matter where you hit the monster because it tells you whether you're too close or too far away with the gun. The second indicator is the normal blood "flash" that tells you when you're hitting a weakpoint or not.

Of course for some reason blood no longer exists in MHW and everything is made of dirt and rocks so they couldn't do that anymore.

My buddy gunned in mh4u and said screen shakes slightly when you deal hits in "optimal distance"

the range is now indicated by your crosshair, in 4U the screen would shake a bit if you were in optimal range when using a bow.
I can tell the optimal range just fine, what I can't tell in world is whether or not I'm hitting a weakspot, there is a white flash but that's for crits.
There is blood but it's a pretty small amount so as a gunner I never see it.

Then keep the numbers on if your using a gun you dipshit.

Or play an actual Monster Hunter game instead of a westernized ripoff.

Are you the guy that invented Monster Hunter? If not fuck off back to NeoGaf you nigger. Nothing is stopping (YOU) or anyone else playing the old games. You just have to be a cunt and rage because more people are playing MH now.

If you don't understand why this is a problem, you're in the wrong place.

god dammit guys how do I find coral bones and warped bones, I just want a DB funlance.

Coral bones in Coral Highlands. Warped bones in rotten vale.
Both in bone piles.

If you think gaming isn't just a business trying to make as much money as possible, you are having a wrong hobby.
It is shit, but you can't turn it back.

What's good for the companies isn't what's good for us though.

Never said that, it is just how things are. You find enjoyment for the things that are, otherwise you should just abandon the franchise instead of crying. Because like I said: things aren't going to turn like they were.

No.

Just leave the franchise, how is jews going to benefit from that?

They will make the changes that will bring them the most money. Is that really something you didn't know?

Do you care to elaborate, user? Can you give me an explanation? Do you have something to say about MH:W?
Hard mode: no "muh kikecom will pander to normalfags and ruin monhun" rhetoric, because Monhun was still one of Capcom's three most profitable franchises long before MH:W came along

You know this wasn't always true and yet you continue to support this shit. I'm not giving up my hobby because greedy fucks and their enablers. Believe it or not, people still make good games without all the jewish tricks.

I only said to leave the franchise, you twat.

(you)

We were here first, how about YOU leave the franchise. Outsiders, shills, marketers, and yes, even normalfags are not welcome.

I have played since FU, and I am not shilling for World either. I am just saying how things are, because you are in denial if you think MH will ever get better.

Simply epic. Easy win, easy life. :^)

Well i beat him, it took about 7-10 tries, 45 minutes, and a ton of resources. at least 5 of those minutes were chasing his almost dead ass since
I need to pick up a different weapon though, I only got his face and a wing/claw and one of those was only cause of a shock trap

literally only worked once and even then it didn't work

Doesn't work if he is in rage.

So, I've heard you get bonuses for helping new players, right? I kinda like the idea of raising a player like if it was a pokemon.

Who in the fuck said they thought Monster Hunter would get better? Stop putting words in my mouth, I said MHW isn't even a real Monster Hunter.

so does SOS beacon even work? I haven seen a single use of it summon people when I was testing it for fun. Only time ive seen it work is on eceleb shit vids

Flash bombs are a double edged sword, I personally don't like using them. They're great for bringing flyers crashing into the ground, but a blind Rathalos is too unpredictable for me.

It does work, sometimes too well.

Some fuckers ruined a capture mission I worked hard to get.

Then what is the point of your crying? That is all you have been about, the whole "it isn't even real MH" reeks of it. You want MH to go back to how it was, but it won't. You are in denial.
Just vote with your wallet and leave this franchise, instead of being a manchild and crying on a imageboard.

wait what?
was i not supposed to use it like the sonic bombs in the desert?

Also I didn't realize Tera took so much from MH, fighting the crap fucked me up because i still had Tera's crab timings in the back of my head

No

Why are you so upset about people voicing dissent and criticizing your game?

Your denial is showing, because it is the other way around. You are really frustrated because you do this in every thread, when no one has never forced you to be in here.

I'm in denial about what, MHW being shit and spitting on everything that made the franchise great? Oh yeah, I'm in so much denial.

Typical behavior for person in denial. You can't even read what you have been told.
And now you just admitted that you wanted MH to get better, even when few posts ago you said you didn't. Just accept that you are in denial, because that is the first step to heal.

strange ive fired atleast 6 and not one summon, and I end up soloing the monster anyway

Wanting MH to get better and believing it's actually going to get better are two very different things. Christ this is like arguing with a slippery Jew.
Every time.

All of you faggots that actually caved and bought worlds need to hang yourself
Back to cuckchan or reddit, you faggots

Oh dude, for sure. I really loved the 10 year old assets being re-used for every game, the busted camera controls, and all the hold-overs from the first game on the PS2 when it was a slow, unrefined piece of shit due to console limitations.

Maybe it is because you are on missions noone is interested in doing. People go mostly for big monster hunts, mostly Rathians or Rathalos.

I never said anyone believes it will get better. Now you are just saying things in panic.
You refuse my help because you stubborn faggot with inflated ego, but I am just worried about you.
You can meme all you want, but sooner or later in your life you have to accept how things work. MH will never get better, and all you can do is vote with your wallet, i.e. leaving the franchise.
You can cry all you want, the devs won't hear it here. Just save yourself even once, user.

Oh the irony.
I agree with you though. Facts are however that you'll either decide MH is no longer worth your time, or in another five or so years the people you're shitting on now will be shitting on the new nuMH with you.

Keep in mind you also need to pay the subscription fee to make those work.

Oh I assumed it was unlisted just an SOS and people who signed up for them were dropped in without any knowledge of what they were helping with. Kinda useless system then if everyone can just ignore the SOS

That is why you play solo or get friends. Relying on randoms doesn't get you anywhere.

If games such as kingdom hearts or devil may cry still hold up til today being buttery smooth and CHURAYZEE fast at times which a good camera and controls on the same damn console then Monster Hunter literally has no excuse, it was just a clunky and unrefined game.
The series only got good/actually playable at 3u/4u/world, nothing more nothing less.

Again with this nonsense about leaving the franchise. I will not leave, I will keep playing the old games, and I will keep shitting on MHW. Maybe it's because 8ch has such low traffic, but it seems like the proportion of shills to posters is far higher here than anywhere else.

Another denial post. I never said you have to give up on the old games, you dirty ESL.

Why do I hurt myself like this.

Why don't you switch IPs you dirty Jew.

PPSSPP, and grab the ISOs up in the OP post.

Why would I change my IP? I am just trying to help you and teach you some English.
But I can only do so much, as generic as it is, the help has to start from within. I can give you suggestions, but I can't live your life, user.

I like pokemon Platinum/Black&White/X&Y but I hate and refuse to play the 3ds games, it doesnt mean I will continue to shit on it for the rest of my life, I just think they're shit games. The fact that you wont move on from World is fucking autistic and genuinely pathetic, get the fuck other it already or you're probably going to grow gray hairs really damn soon.

You have 4u? I'll play with you if you want

Game's been out for like two weeks, why are you talking about it as if it's been years?

Looking to get into this game series, out of these 3 which one is the best?

Same game. I would recommend Portable 3rd HD over FU/port2G

4U

Freedom Unite is the English version of Portable 2nd G. I would start with one of those myself. Portable 3rd is a great game, but it's hard to go back to second generation after playing it if it's your first.

P3rd is way better for someone that is novice.
FU and p2nd G are the same game. FU is great and all, but suffers in some aspects for being old game. Still worth trying, but don't get mad at yourself if the game treats you poorly.

Those games are clunky as all hell. Sounds like you had a serious case of not getting gud when playing monster hunter.

Shit games come out all the time, I'm the type of guy to shrug it off when they have been shoved in my face by months on end by now.
And when you guys say that MHW isnt even a MH game, I agree, its about as MH as MH:Stories, but somehow not shit, but not GREAT either, its good. I'm having a good amount of fun with the game despite all of its fuck ups and faults.

I honestly enjoyed the combat but I think everything else is utter trash, and it's casualized as all fuck. I can't justify more than $20 for it. Waiting on a pirate.

What improvements did 3rd bring? I can still go back to older clunkier games in a series, just curious.

Hitboxes aren't trash like in gen2 handheld games. That's the biggest I can think of.

I keep seeing this pattern again and again.

They will never admit they wasted $. Doesn't help you have to practically murder someone to get a refund on a video game in the US.

You're lying user. I emulated the original KH hearts games (1 and 2) a year or two ago and they unexpectedly ran and played as smooth as butter, everything just felt good to do. The games feel like they havent even aged a day. I swear its that disney black magic or some shit.

Monster hunter looked and played like shit though, there is nothing you can say to justify that when similar games were on that console but did almost everything better than what that game was supposed to do. Perhaps MH had a low budget? Thats the only reason why it would be such an ass of a game.

The major thing that will influence the overall feel is that it does a lot of little refinements to each weapon. Otherwise, the main things I remember off the top of my head are that they allow you to take two cats along instead of one, equip them with gear, replace the food system with a much better bathing and drinking system that the rest of the series drops forever for no real reason, upgrade the farm, and allow you an extra 8 slots for items you pick up while on a quest in addition to the 24 slots you had total before.

Kingdom Hearts 1 combat is garbage. If you used KH2 you'd have an argument. I like the game but I can't go back to it because it's so fucking slow.

Simply put: better hitboxes, more combos. Oh and switch axe was introduced in 3rd gen, which is pretty fun weapon by itself.
Some things got easier, like arena isn't 1 cart = quest failed.
FU has better monsters, excluding shen gaoren and lao shang lung though.
p3rd has jho

KH1 and 2 play pretty well though, I replayed them like 3 years ago.
KH1's skill system was better than 2's. Otherwise 2 was better game.

I'll be starting with 3rd then, thanks.

Just let it go, user.

You know as much as you've been pulling "denial" out of your ass over and over again, I'm starting to wonder if there's not a hint of projection behind it. Perhaps the one in denial is actually you – in denial over how much of a disaster MHW is. In denial over how little it actually feels like an actual Monster Hunter game, and how the amount of content could scarcely scratch 30 hours compared to the 3000+ hours you could sink into previous titles.

I think its because the core gameplay, the fighting of monsters and the base of making new armors and weapons from those monsters is so solid i can still have fun with that even with all the other terribly shit changes. Its a testament to how amazing the core of Monster Hunter is and how enthralled with it i and others are. I think MH World is likely gonna be the top 3 worst MH but I'm still gonna have hundreds of hours in it.

You would be right, expect I haven't said anyhting good about MHW, and I don't even have it.
So your are just projecting yourself at best.
psychology was the right profession for me after all :^)

Fucking Jew and your Jewish ((( psychology ))).

MH4u is the worst MH for me, because of the few monster endgame with MMO gear drops, but I still have +500h on it. Figures.

It is quite common to see helpers as enemy. Jews haven't even influenced psychology. Though I can't say that about united states of jews.
I really just want you to live a happy life, user.

kek

4u an 3u are tied for my favorite. I never did much of the GQ farming maybe 20 hours at most and i have 350ish hours in it. I never found them necessary. I find people that bitch about the "meta" to be stupid cunts and i couldn't care less for their shit opinions.
Also fuck off with your typical jewish tricks

It apparently does to Capcom, hence why World exists

Nice.

OI VEY!
If you think that and still can't see that +500h, I think you are stupid. :^)

Since when has Capcom been into psychology?

Kingdom Hearts is the single clunkiest game I've ever played. Whoever cobbled together that game's shitty combat system that's so awful not even the final mix version can save it, should be shot.
As for Devil May Cry, all I have to say is
Finally, you're a newfag if you think it's only playable at 3u. Freedom Unite is perfectly playable, the only big issue is Piscine Wyverns and those ungodly hipcheck hitboxes. Other than that, I vastly prefer the atmosphere of FU to any other game in the series.

You haven't played many games if you think KH is clunky.

Never in my life have I seen so many shitty and downright wrong opinions cobbled together in one post. Its like your mind is on some alternate bizarro earth user. If freedom unite got a "Final Mix" version maybe then it would actually be a decent and playable game.

If Bubsy 3D and Croc had a down syndrome baby together it'd be less clunky than Kingdom Hearts

t. Nintenyearold that started at 3u

Now you are just being silly.
And hands off Croc, that game was good.

yes,im waiting for the sonyggers to beta test the game for me

WHERE THE FUCK IS BY GUITAR?
My roommate said my palico is "kind of fuckable" and I'm not sure how to process this information

Slap him in the mouth for disrespecting your Petu.

You and I are brothers! I mean bagpipes are fun and all but I'm really in this to rock out proper.

I'm happy purists are getting their days ruined. They're as bad as FPS fags who believe there should only be arena shooters and no new genres

I'm just happy to get monster hunter again.

But arena shooters are the only good FPS games.

It's trying to fit in with people who hate it. They don't want to admit they like it to their "peers"

Then why are you here instead of cuckchan?

So… when are we getting more monsters?

4chan is too easy to bait and you get more pay off here.

especially if the bait is my actual opinion, makes it even easier

When Ryozo is done counting money.

Cool slippery slope fallacy, because every time something changes it only goes downhill. No exceptions

Shut the fuck up

Console versions don't even have a stable framerate though.
Not like MH ever had stable framerates on portable tites, but still, CapCom couldn't even be assed to lock the framerate at a solid 30 frames.

Why does slicing ammo do the same damage against parts that should be armored?
I swear it seems like it always ignores armor and does full damage.

Why are nintendrones still so salty about mhw being so well recieved despite not playing it?

Slicing in general is busted right now and needs to be fixed, it's way too good compared to other ammo types.

It's not Nintendrones, it's purists that are worried that their series is going to go the way of Street Fighter 5.

Which is a legit concern but MHW is actually a pretty competent MH game and could also get really good once they start iterating on it like they start to do with every generation

tl;dr purists are anxious about something that may never happen

It'll never be as bad as Street Figher V because of pics related. Street Fighter V censored Juri's default costume, Monster Hunter leaves Kirin armor in it's uncensored glory. If nothing else Monster Hunter still has it's balls

My favourite one of these is the third, where he's "worried about how it will affect God Eater and Toukiden". I personally fell for the Toukiden meme, and I just want to make it as clear as I can to all of you that it's an absolute piece of shit. The combat has 0% of the depth or weight that MH has.

Nips would riot if they changed the Kirin armor, not even Capcom's that dumb.

Kirin armor is nowhere near as revealing as Juri's outfit, and even then they still managed to cram a tranny-looking manface into it anyways.

Except damn near EVERY CHANGE was DOWNHILL AS FUCK you faggot, kill yourself. And this is a demonstrably provable fucking pattern, all of you worlds cucks go suckle on your console's paid dlc and die on cuckchan.

The manface is his shitty character, nothing to do with Capcom

Whether you like the quality of life shit is down to opinion. This isn't objective. How about you stop going full autistic SONIC'S ARM AREN'T BLUE mode and complain if they ruin REAL parts of the formula like changing the indepth combat because casuals say it's clunky.

Or advocate for them to make faster and stronger monster attacks to make up for hunter mobility which they've already started to do in World and will probably work on in the G rank mode

No

As it stands this game has
>Less monsters in a game about hunting monsters
Which is already bad. Little things like being able to grappling-hook back onto monsters if you get flung off bug me personally.

It's that there are transactions at all is the problem. What makes you think they'd include a system for microtransactions and not include more in the future?
Also it still doesn't change that in a game about hunting monsters there's less monsters than before. That's a direct downgrade.

Also Tri had less monsters and 4 had more but still worked on the same revamped ps2 engine

Compare this to World which remade nearly every asset from scratch in a new engine while adding new systems

MH3 have even less monsters than MHW, I dont see you complaining

Holy shit, MH combat was never deep.

Deeper than almost all third person action games buddy

I know it's not deeper than something like fucking Devil May Cry 4 though obviously

I don't know man. Hitzones, motion values, skill combinations, and combos make it pretty deep compared to 90% of action games. Even dragon's dogma's combat wasn't as deep as MHs, and it gets praised for the combat a lot.

They aren't even good gestures and skins, but I get the point that, if they are charging people for that shit, what wouldn't they do for money?

Capcom does this with a lot of their games though. Not trying excuse it or anything I think Capcom are a bunch of fucking jews but I doubt it'll get Battlefront 2 lootbox bad if they already have plans to give out monster packs for free and haven't gone there yet with any other game

How bad is Street Fighter 5 with that shit?

t. cancer patient

There's no point in arguing "what if.." since neither side are correct, you just going around in circle. As it stand, its purely cosmetic.

Someone must have, because they added more in 4.

Isn't tri generally disliked?
Sure everything's been remade, but at the same time it still hurt the amount of things to hunt. Again the game is Monster Hunter, what's the point if there's less to hunt?

And if nobody cares, then they can take that as an ok to charge for more stuff in later games. It's a pattern we've seen before.

I had lumps all over my necks for years now.

There are some fags that adamantly defend tri and think it is the best mh.

Then Tri became a good game with G rank and World is already a good game despite that

My point is let the generation develop. We go through this shit every generation it's just considered scarier this time because of how much of a leap this generation really is

Nice iodine deficiency fag.

When did I imply I wasn't you double nigger, I turned them on specifically because I couldn't tell, doesn't change the fact that it's a fuck up on their part.

Yeah there needs to be better feedback for the players who don't want the numbers on

They should give the blood splatter back.

Elemental feedback works alright

Not kid friendly enough :^)

It's because normalfags generally own PS4s.

Does the game even have any differently shaped weapons anymore? I'm using chargeblade and everyone pretty much looks identical with just different accents. Do horns still have a variety of different shapes and unique sfx?

Yeah this is the reason why people hate when casual features like waypoints and stuff are added. The rebuttal is always "you can turn them off" however then the game is unplayable because it is no longer designed around not having that shit.

From what I've seen there's two.

monsterhunterworld.wiki.fextralife.com/Hunting Horn

Why?

Speaking of which I wish I could turn off scoutflies. Or at least turn them a different color than neon green. Or make them less frequent. Or something like that.

Because microtransactions in a full-priced game.

Weapons seem to change gradually now.
I too thought they went some cheap way with GSs when I watched a stream.

a difference between non-intrusive and intrusive micro transactions is the key here.
the game does not shove it down your throat. it does not make you feel like you are missing part of the experience if you dont have em. unless the game starts selling weapons and armor that are completely different and have better stats then we can bitch about it but as of now they do not affect the game in any way. its just ammo for you to use for your hate for a game that isnt on your switch

Anyone try this yet?

Maybe but the monsters move around alot so you might be following old footprints. Not to mention anything that flies not leaving any most of the time.

thats what i did even with scoutflies at the beginning because scoutflies dont give you the monsters location until you get enough. i would look at the footprints and i would look at the sky for flying wyverns

If you've paid more than 40dollars for a game, any microtransaction is intrusive. This is a test to see if the playerbase would be okay with the idea of spending more on a full-priced game. They're not intrusive because if they sold something like a "hunter's starter pack" full of weapons right off the bat the playerbase would throw a fit.
Excuse it however you like, it's still a 60dollar game that's still charging you more for content.

MH team has always given free dlc, so I don't see a problem them getting some money with cosmetics.
But many games have gone shit afterwards with cash shop, can't deny that.

This is a problem with the entire game industry as a whole rather than just MH, They've been slowly trying to do this for ages

There is no reason to defend this or even play devil's advocate for it. It's not really a big deal, but you shouldn't be defending it for any game, least of all an MH game.

I have, doesn't always work because it's not always true.

This.
Except remember to never give them an inch.

There are, so far as I have played:
Bone horns, where the grip gets different padding
Metal bagpipes, grips again
Chime bell, looks metal ass fuck
Cocoon, paralyzer branch of bone
Dragon bone horns have different horn sound

Monsters circle in areas so often it's not a good idea to follow the direction of prints.

They also giving you more content for free. Also, you're complaining about DLC but somehow okay with yearly rerelease? It just as shitty forcing peoples to pay a full price game for extra monster.

Except I never said anything about yearly releases. I know it's an issue, but as it stands it's one that has been with the series for a while. This is new, and as we've seen in other games, it can go very badly very quickly. And since we're bringing up yearly releases, the games have done just fine up until this point not charging for cosmetics. Don't don't charge for microtransactions for a full priced game. Keep that shit in the realms of free2play bullshittery where it at least has some sort of justification.

talk about hypocrisy, lets see which one is worst, paying money for optional content or buying another full price game with additional content. Hard choice man

needs to be set to this since it's soundless anyhow

Microtransactions, considering they're just there to get more money out of you without even the benefit of fixing issues. The new games (usually) fixed issues with older games because updates weren't a thing then. And when you paid for a new game you got A whole new game .

There's also the Legiana harp and i assume Teostra has his harp as well, still need to do that story quest.
Not a fan of this new way the weapons look, especially in low rank.
I feel that some monsters also got screwed in terms of weapon/armor designs. For instance, Tobi has boring and sometimes outright lazy weapon skins. Most of them are just bone version+pelt but there's also the hammer which is just the ore hammer and nothing else. Some do get a bit better like the bow which looks like a discount Kirin weapon.

he's been reading too much Mayoineko

giving my cat sleep attacks was the best idea i've ever had

surely that worth spending full price on. Also, game company add fixes for free with patches. Yearly rerelease is essentially microtransaction except its not optional. You can't criticize one while defending the other, they're both the same

i hate the desert because of them

Except for the most part patches to games are a relatively new thing. Before that, if something was busted you either dealt with it or hoped a later game would fix it. How old is Monster Hunter now? You're not going to try and sit here and tell me that it's been an option since day one are you?

It's been a thing since the internet and downloadable content, 3DS are capable to to download updates for games.

But where there game-fixing updates? Because unless my memory is a little foggy there was never anything that fixed major issues. They'd save those fixes for the next game. Maybe that'll change with world, but we already do have one major change: they're charging you for shit in a full priced game. And that's bad.

Point is they can, but they won't do it since they can charge you for it.
It's the same, if you factor in that you have to pay for another game to play additional content. Paying for new game vs. paying for DLC, bottomline is YOU PAYING MORE.

If I want to emulate a monhun is PSP my only choice? I was going to see if 3DS emulation was finally a viable thing but apparently I need to have a 3ds to decrypt the game files, which completely fucking nulls the point of trying to emulate it.
Is it just Citra being cuckdevs or have they not found a way to extract the decryption keys?

I think you can find decrypted roms somewhere, or do it otherway too, other than having a 3ds. But the emulation isn't that good yet on 3ds, so I doubt MH works yet.

ziperto.com/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-3ds-decrypted-rom/
First thing I found.

those limited zorah quests, worth the time?

The Magdaros set is one of the best looking sets in the game and the weapons are good too. They do blast damage and are the only ones that can do blast damag untill you can grind Bezel.
Pic related, I have the set+hammer+GL.

I just got an idea, let's post hunters.

POST YOUR HUNTERS YOU FAGS
If you take your screenshots anywhere but the Hub, you're a nerd that deserves to get billied.

Tips for ps4 newfags:
GET YOUR USB DRIVE
Press share>press â–˛>go to capture gallery>hover over screeshot and press options>copy to USB

This is the set I'm using for grindind HR Diablos. Ingot beta set is great, you can change the colour of the metal with dyes, instead of the cloth. Also having a lvl2&3 gem slot is really nice, tremors don't affect me.

Just got my ass beat by a tempered kirin but oh well.
At least i still look cool.

Got a touch of Darksector/warframe in there

instead of that, post session so we can hang out in the gathering area

7sFtLwsxAzBk

Are you not in the squad already?
You know you dont need the ID if you're in squad right?

Pic related.

Looks like they checked out Bethesda games to see what appeals to Westerners.

Aw, the rare Marchosian Hellhound.

YES

I feel you there man and really need to watch Hibiki at some point

That is literally what the director said was the driving force behind World's design in the very first interview they did about the game.

How?

Except it's only forcing people stupid enough to buy the non-G version in the first place. I'd much rather wait for the full game with everything on the physical disc/cart and pay for it once than have to buy the original game plus DLC and then have half the game's content be at the mercy of whenever they decide to take down the servers.

Doesn't excuse that its a jewish tactic to nickle and dime the consumer, if you're going by the logic "its for stupid peoples" then I could say the same thing, those DLC are for stupid peoples, nobody is forcing you to buy it.

It is, but not as cancerous a one as microtransactions, and it's one that allows the intelligent consumer to avoid it and get the full content at the cost of a single game. On top of that, it has the added benefit of ensuring the full game is available on the physical media, so that if you are to pick it up in a decade after the servers are long gone, you still have the full game. It would absolutely be ideal if they just didn't release a base version and only did the full G version of the games with no Internet crap whatsoever though.

By the time the server are gone, we already have PS4 emulators. Nobody bought a physical NES game aside from collectors, 99% played it on an emulators

Hopefully. I'm still waiting on Xbox emulation so I can play Metal Wolf Chaos. Even then though that's not an excuse, since even with emulators you can't access the online-locked content of, say, the original PS2 Monster Hunter.

You do know that not everyone was born after that time period, right? NES era was only about 30 years ago.

You can say that for every fucking game that have online locked-content including previous MH game

What does this have to do with playing games on emulator?

I did just say that for the previous Monster Hunter game that had areas/monsters locked off as online only shit. Thankfully, the only download content for the PSP and 3DS games is basically variants of existing content, and all the areas and monsters are fully accessible without ever going online.

Thankfully, this game is on PC and any form of patch and online-locked content can be copied even when the server is no longer exist

Only dumb monsters get in this box

Is the translation on the Portable 3rd HD iso in the OP only partial? I see a lot of moon runes, especially in areas where I should be getting a description of the item or what I should be doing for the mission.

Where do you get Firecells in world? I've looked all over the Elder Recess.

4U or 4G? I know 3U was made easier but was 4U?

this is fucking great.

I've gotten two from the low level blue ore mining spots, particularly the ones that are in the place the Uragaan sleeps at.

3u gave the hunter 50 extra base defense. It only helped you get through low rank and some of high rank. It wasn't any less difficult. 50 defense on top of 600 defense is the difference between getting 2 banged and getting also 2 banged by enraged Deviljho.

If it was, it wasn't as obvious as with 3U. No one's actually looked at the code to confirm one way or another unfortunately, so we have no way of knowing for sure.

Which had the better online?

Apparently you can get ps+ for dirt cheap if you buy accounts that have 14 day free trial on ebay. I just bought 3 months for less than $5. It works so far.

They also drop pretty regularly from Big Bagel.

3G/U can only go online on the Wii U, so if you want online on the 3DS, it's 4G/U or bust.

Back when I played 3u for 3ds and realized that there was no online multiplayer it was a real bummer for me, but I still played a shitload of the game thinking nothing of it. Then I got 4u and it had online multiplayer and that felt like some kind of magical experience for me, if that game could have online then why couldnt 3u for the 3ds??

You should have told me that a week ago user, I spend 5 times that for 3 months of psn.

Did some research on Tempered Monsters in MHW
And collected them in this post for easy digestion.

What is a tempered monster?
Tempered monsters are the endgame/postgame monsters in MHW.
They are just like the regular monsters, but have increased attack power (enough to one shot geared hunters with certain attacks.)
Tempered monsters also have a purple outline in their icon and leave blue tracks.
Investigations with tempered monsters also have purple reward boxes.

Categorically the tempered monsters fall into 3 groups:

Pukei-Pukei
Barroth
Jyuratodus
Tobi-Kadachi
Radobaan
Paolumu
Rathian
Anjanath

Rathalos (Might be tier 1, could not confirm)
A.Rathalos
P.Rathian
Diablos
B.Diablos
Odogaron
Legiana
Bazelgeuse
Lavasioth
Uragaan

Nergigantte
Teostra
Kushala Daora
Vaal Hazak
Kirin

Higher the tier, the better the rewards.
Note: the highest rarity drops are exclusive to the 3rd tier.

Where to fight them?
Tempered monsters are primarily investigation only, there are also few quests that pit you against tempered monsters.
Tempered monster investigations are generally unlocked by gathering tempered tracks in expeditions. (These tracks seem to always spawn in the same spots)
You can also them the same way as normal investigations when hunting tempered monsters. (break parts, gather tracks) But the chance is very low.
They are also found under Investigations section when responding to S.O.S.

Why to fight them?
Tempered monsters drop streamstones in rewards and tempered monster investigations reward either streamstones or feystones.
Streamstones are used to augment Armor. They also come in different rarities.
Streamstones can also be used at the melding pot to create new random decorations out of the old ones.
You can also rarely get "warrior's streamstone" from 2nd tier upwards, they come in different types like Axe (Switch Axe & Charge Blade), Ranged (Bowgun's & Bow), etc, and can be used to augment the corresponding weapon types.
Warrior's streamstones also have a rare version called "hero's streamstone" needed for augmenting Tier 8 weapons.

Note: that lower rarity armor require lower rarity streamstones to augment and lower rarity weapons have more augment slots.

Feystones turn into decorations when identified, and come in several different rarities.
This is the only real way of getting rare decorations, and the fastest way of getting decorations in general.
There are decorations for at least some of the set bonuses present in the game. (Bonus charge level for bow, Extra damage on non elemental weapons, etc).

Augmenting quick and dirty
Weapons can be Augmented following ways:
Increased attack (+5 raw)
Increased affinity (+10%)
Bonus defense (+10)
Extra slots (potentially upgrade existing slot)
Heal on attack

Note: Numbers can potentially vary depending on weapon type.

Rarity 8 weapons have 1 augment slot, Rarity 7 has 2 and Rarity 6 has 3.
Each augment also requires different plates and gems for different monsters.

Note: A weapon must be at the end of it's upgrade path to be augmented.

Only the extra defense?

I meant between 4g & u they don't share servers right?

3u only gives you the extra defense yeah and get 4u since you probably cant read nipponsese and 4g does not share servers with the rest of the world.
I actually bought 4u back when it came out and had a fucktonne of fun with it dude, its the best MH to date, even better than world too of course.

Keep in mind even normal 4 came out a couple years after 3G did. 4 only added online multiplayer to appeal to the foreigners too.

As far as we know yeah.

They don't, hence why we have two groups at the moment, one playing 4G in Low Rank and one playing 4U in G Rank.

I just found out about it today because i wanted to play online but i couldn't find any sales and pretty much the only good sales that do happen for ps+ are on black friday. I ended up on ebay looking for cheap codes hoping i could maybe snag a year pass for $20 from an auction but i only found the normal prices, ones that charge even more for some reason and then the accounts with a 14 day trial for 99 cents-ish each. I went with one that was like 4.25 for 3 months. The guys that sell these things have great reviews and it was dirt cheap so i took the chance and hey now I'm playing online!

What kind of things make a good HBG?

Dog bless you user. We don't deserve you.

The only G that had monsters/areas that required online was the original G on the PS2/Wii, second gen on the PSP and third and fourth gens on the 3DS don't require Internet at all to have access to every monster and area. DLC in those games DOES provide some setups you can't otherwise get, like a multiplayer-capable version of Seregios at High Rank, but you don't ever need to connect to the Internet at all to fight every monster or go to every area.

We can only hope that because these monsters exist that the G rank in this game is going to be off the fucking wall. We can only pray.

This game has in my opinion the most fun high rank content I have ever played in a Monster Hunter. Having two different sets with different slots and skills gives the game a lot more breathing room for replaying content and tempered monsters give the super late game grind a lot of substance.

SO MUCH CONTENT

It's still a lot of content. Plus the high rank stuff is done extremely well. I'd much rather have 31 good large monsters instead of 31 large monsters and 26 reskins. There are only 3 "palette swap" monsters in the game. Every other Monster is completely unique, and all of these monsters have tempered versions that are difficult in even top tier gear. The high rank in the game also doles out new quests in a completely unique fashion asking you to hunt down a monster in expedition mode before you unlock its quest. Investigations also can put completely random monsters together in a quest something monster hunter has never done before.

The high Rank in this game is THE BEST.

Except in 4th generation with Guild Quests.

Sounds exactly like hypers in X/XX.
Nigger stop talking out of your ass.

Oh noes. I bought a game with 200-300 hours worth of playable content for 60 dollars then I will have to pay for an expansion of that same game I put 100 hours into already that will likely push my time playing in "???" territory for another 20-40 bucks. How dare those capkikes do that. Fucking unbelievable.

Guild quests as far as I can remember never asked you to hunt or capture 3 random monsters. Just one quest target. An investigation can end up having you hunt the monster you got the investigation from plus two completely random monsters at the tippest top of high rank. This game doesn't have as much content as the old gens but it does a lot more with a lot less. You can also actually hunt them on the actual maps instead of randomly generated hall ways.

Plus free monster and map DLC coming later. Literally any substantial update they add to this game will ripple out into every other piece of end game content because of the way investigations and exoiditions work in high rank.

Expeditions let you kill up to 5 monsters and you were also timed.
Oh boy! 5 Maps!

Keep on moving those goalposts there, champ.

I didn't move any goalposts. Your "content" just isn't that impressive. I'm sure it will get better with updates and G rank but it's barely anything right now. Just slight variations on shit that has been done before.

Better than 3 "randomly generated" maps. They just put a stone somewhere to make it a bit different. :^)
4u's only good gameplay was the maingame.

Nah, high rank sucks. Hunting a monster in expedition mode is like hunting them during a quest but you can't fail.

No shit the main game was better than expeditions. My point is that investigations barely sound different. Same shit but not in a hallway.

This is the first game in an entirely new engine, built using an entirely new model for an unscripted ecology sandbox, using unfamiliar hardware. If you thought this game was going to have 70+ monsters congratulations, you played yourself.

I was expecting Tri 2 at best. This game has more than exceeded my expectations with the amount of stuff to do.

It's a good thing I expected nothing then.

The monster can flee. Fortify was hilarious in expeditions though.

By hilarious do you mean exactly the same as it is in a normal quest?

WEW

When did I say I liked tri? When did I say it did it better?

WEW

Made killing all 5 monsters much easier.

You're putting words into my mouth, I think the same thing about tri as I do about World. Only Tri had more original monsters.

wew

You keep spouting buzzwords instead of arguing my points. Keep going sperg.

It has improved on the older games in many ways. I am sure you will find something to nitpick and cry about regardless because you come off as a huge manchild who literally can't even about the most basic shit.

This is the first true sequel to Dos and it takes all of the best stuff from 4u and makes it even better. Investigations are guild quests but not shit. Tempered are Apex monster but not shit, every new weapon mechanic has grown around the foundation set by 4u in meaningful ways. The mounting mechanic is better than 4u in just about every convieable way. Monsters will use the environment to knock you off so you have to move somewhere safe on top of the monster to avoid the blow. Instead of a dumbass qte mini game your ability to stay mounted depends entirely on the amount of stamina you had when mounting it, and if you got a running start beforehand you could be at a disadvantage. Monsters in high rank will thrash like crazy to throw you off too. At least in high rank.

Every aspect of 4u that didn't work has been improved instead of outright scrapped. The open maps and ecology features are improved versions of the stuff they tried in Dos. The only aspect of this game I find utterly bewilderingly bad is the item box at camp. It's just fucking stupid. At least remove it from high rank.

and meme simulators

I thought it was much worse because it takes even longer and it's even easier to mount. What a waste of time over attacking a monster.
Why are they not shit? Also tempered sound like Hypers, not Apex. It literally sounds like the same thing as Hypers except there is no HA charge up on hyper area hits.

What the fuck is a hyper? Are you referencing something from generations? I didn't play that shit game past low rank. It was fucking ass.

Monsters that hit really hard and had specific rewards. Sounds exactly like tempered.

Mounting takes about the same amount of time. The only thing that could slow it down is having to remount after you get knocked off but that is just a call to git gud. If you're on its head and it walks towards a wall or tried to scrape the ground and you're still on the head you deserve to hit triangle and watch the remounting animation. It's called get the fuck out of the way and keep stabbing. If you run out of stamina you're thrown off for good too. At high rank a single missed brace will take off half your stamina, against anything past rathalos you're basically done if you mess up more than once. The mounting is better. The mounting in 4u was the same shit every time regardless of the monster.

It definitely takes much longer. You also did more DPS ignoring the mount altogether and was generally a waste of time in 4U and X/XX.
That's exactly how I felt when playing the world demo, except button prompts were on my screen instead of forcing me to learn visual cues. They took a shit mechanic and casualized it. You talk about the remounting mechanic like it's for scrubs but look at the game you're playing. They took something that was already easy and made it easier. By your logic the mounting in 4U is more challenging.

You get button prompts once and only once. You do need to pay attention for the rest of the game. Getting knocked off costs stamina getting back on costs time. Once again you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Finally getting to HR.
That introductory 'high power' pukie-pukie went down like a bitch; honestly it felt weaker than the low rank. Are the other mons just as squishy and deal more damage, or was that feather nigger an exception?

The only monster I've had troubles with consistently is raths, but that's because he just fucking stays in the air and I'll always get carted at 75%

I got two banged by that piece if shit in full rath plate what were you wearing?

Back at you :^)

Were you wearing HR rath or LR rath armor?

Have fun with Bazel!

None of the monsters really get that difficult. If you want a challenge you'll have to handicap yourself.

Why the fuck are these threads bumplocked?

Yeah? How was tempered Kirin?

Are you new here, retarded or baiting?

So when do optional Xeno'jiiva quests appear? I need his horns.

Can't you just look for SOS calls?

Pretty sure that requires that subscription fee to do.

I can, but surely you can fight him solo again?

How the hell do you join a squad? I wanna play with you fucks.

Rate my guy from irredeemable trash to perfection.
I tried to make him look like as if he is from Miami so he is supposed to look as douchey as possible.

Yeah, it just has a random chance to appear, it comes every few quests for me so its no big deal really.

You have to join our session through our ID and then have Rodesius invite you once you've joined. He posts the squad session's ID every once in a while so you have to look for that.

New thread