Pay 2 Win games

Why did Pay 2 Win games become popular suddenly? I mean Chinks and Koreans always liked them but I thought Americans were too smart for this shit.

They were always popular faggot.
Sage for shit thread

Because we're spoiled and we think money grows on trees. Disposable income is taken for granted.

They were never this popular in the west.
Even when COD and Moba Trash were the most popular at least they weren't P2W. Now the most popular games are.

How is Fortnite br pay to win?

Because no one "has time" to git gud anymore. Or so they tell me as they sit on the couch and stare at their phone while watching reality TV for 2 hours.

Retards bought into them since they get good (paid) reviews on shitty popular game sites.

Same way Battlefront is. You can buy lootboxes that contain chances for better weapons.

… have you ever played a Battle Royale game??

You do realize weapons are all randomly dropped

Kek. No, the game was Pay 2 Win even before they made the shitty PUBG game mode.

You dont start with any weapons on you in the game, all weapons are randomly placed throughout the map.

See

Isnt the base game PvE?
Why should anyone care that their teammate is more powerful than them because they spent money?

The guy who spent 20 dollars for his gun to do +20 damage cannot hurt me because we are on the same team.

You didnt explain anything, dumbass.

you start with nothing and items/weapons are randomly dropped in each match.

Please explain how that is pay2win, with proof

[Citation needed]

I see you are Chinese and therefore do not have a brain. let me explain why P2W is always bad even in PVE.

The PVE mode let's you buy lootboxes with better weapons.

There are no in-match lootboxes, you cum guzzler. please research what you're talking about before typing

That was just a general example, and im talking about the PvE mode.

wait a fuckin minute, I forgot Fortnite has a non-battle royale mode.

I'm talkin about battle royale, aka PvE. Where are the lootboxes in that mode? please post an example

Chinks first English lesson. Also

Unluckily for you nigger, everyone else is talking about the game fortnite, not one specific mode of that game. The game is P2W.

huh, I always thought PvE meant Player vs Everyone

Fortnite fags everyone

PvP stands for player versus player and PvE for player versus environment.

I was looking forward to Fortnite zombie mode before, but now I'm not so certain.

I've never played Fortnite, also I started the entire conversation by saying "battle royale"

please learn reading compensation, brazilian

holy shit youre retarded

callate brasilero idiota

Because if you give faggots a way to skip playing the game they will eat that shit up and ask for seconds.

I'd do this if I was a dev. If you're bad at the game and want to progress, just pay me extra money.

Why are you posting Fortnite BR, a game that has zero game-affecting items available for purchase, in your thread about pay2win?

Hey retard, the original game mode is the P2W one. The shitty PUBG game mode was only put on later and isn't the base game. Fucking Chinks.

Yeah, so battle royale.

lmao yes it is

So long as it's still unlockable by playing the game it's not the worst thing ever, but still people who actually buy this shit are missing the point of the fucking game.

No it isn't. The base game Fortnite. Has been in development for over 5 years. The addon mode is literally considered an addon and is referred to as one and is an addon game mode made in only a few months.
You are a retarded casual.

Fortnite is shit.

Wow, they were really ahead of the curve then.

No, they made their shitty minecraft clone and then made a shitty Battle Royale clone mode for it later.

I agree. But apparently there are a lot of Butthurt Fortnite fags in this thread.

Tbf, pubg is also shit, and the people angry about either are probably faggots playing one of the two.

You mean the demo version to showcase the engine before they released Battle Royale, the actual game?

Sure user, that's why Fortnite is called Fornite and the Battle Royale mode is specifically called the Battle Royale mode. Eat shit Chink. Why do you defend a shit game?

Fortnite is a battle royale game, though. What are you talking about?

It has a Battleroyale game mode. Either way it's a P2W shitfest played by sub human Chinks.

Not really. "Pay not to grind" is level that is accepted. Blatant P2W recoil consumers to the competition.

By that shitty logic Battlefront isn't P2W because you could technically grind for a million hours and get all the better things.
Buying items that make you better is P2W faggot.

They aren't popular, but the lowest percentile buys P2W microtransaction shit in bulk.

It's somehow different from

Yes, the game is battle royale. It has a PVE mode on the side that literally no one plays (I'd be surprised if it even reached 200 players). The main game mode (battle royale) only has purely cosmetic microtransactions.

user, the other user is technically correct. Fortnite was some retarded building game before they saw Pubgs success and their own failure and hastily made a battle royale mode to coup their losses, and ended up making massive bank off it. It was one of the reasons why Pubg and Bluehole got so salty about it. They complained that bluehole was copying them.

From the game's official description.
It's a mode retard.

In warframe you can buy enough for like $20. Effectively game cots less than any AAA title so it is not a rip off. Of course they use maleficent marketing practice of lying about game been (((free))) but price itself is ok.

When you can buy blatantly overpowered gear (like was with gold ammo in world of tonks) only for money it is completely different level of not fun.

And BW is bleeding players.

Is black desert online pay to win?

The primary one.

Yes. From what I've heard it's literally the exact same game as the Asian version, which is free to play.

You mean the nation which proudly presents itself as a greatest ally to israel?
You mean the nation which got subverted by kikes on a formerly unseen scale?
You mean the nation whose main export is multiculturalism to other white countries?
You mean the nation which is a breeding grounds for jews, sjws, anti white corporations and niggers?
I think you were wrong m8

Yeah but we are still smarter than fucking Chinks.

What's the point of playing the game if you're willing to pay money to skip playing the game Satan?

True but not your nonwhite population

Back in the day, you would have to phone a hotline to get help when you were stuck on a rpg. I think pay to win is just a continuation of taking advantage of disadvantaged players with an addictive need to finish the game even though they are mildly or moderately retarded.

checking those

It's not that they're popular "suddenly".

Most people will state "it doesn't effect me" when asked about all the jewery going on with microtransactions, lootboxes or pay2win. They don't pay a cent for the F2P P2W games, and they get a good deal out of it. Sure, every once in a while there's some pay2win faggot that stomps them, but the vast majority of players they run into wont pay a god damn cent. It's a small price to pay for not paying any price, honestly.
What's funny is that most P2W is actually Pay2NotGrind, which actually removes the "pay2win faggot stomping you" from the equation as you wont be matchmaked against him until you have roughly equal gear at which point you have significantly more gameplay experience so if you don't play as a complete casual you should be able to fucking destroy his anus.

What changed was that, with gaming becoming more mainstream, we got a lot of retards becoming the whales these games persist on. Previously, it just flat out wasn't worth it to develop this shit since the gains were marginal. But these days the budgets and profits are much bigger. All thanks to the inclusion of more retards.

Fun fact: restaurant tips and microtransactions are the sides of same coin that is called "variable pricing"

Yes this is true but as killing off normalfags is still unacceptable in our society the problem will continue to persist

Or videogames stop being mainstream.

I miss when videogames were evil devil spawn that Christian soccer moms attacked. That made them cool.

Man I didn't get to play Diablo 2 until I was like 25 because my parents were Christians.

Well, arcade games were like that most of the time, so it's nothing new, really.

I spent over $500 manipulating bond prices on runescape and then made a profit of $400

I can't think of any Arcade game where paying extra gave you an advantage outside of letting you play longer after you died.

You didn't have to pay $60 to then have to pay more to keep playing with an arcade game. If someone has the skill it is completely possible to beat an arcade game with only 1 credit.

Well I'm pretty sure i'v seen arcade games that let you use your extra credits to refill your life, but that has the same effect as just letting you continue after death.

That's a roundabout way of saying "I lost a hundred bucks."

You made me laugh
Profit = revenue - cost

Revenue =/= profit.

I considered wording the post as "made $900" but you made me glad I didn't.

Your an retardo, user.

Come on man

That's retarded, because you need to spend a fortune before you get there in the first place, and it's not a legitimate criteria for success. It's completely subjective. Beating a console game with no continues is a challenge run, beating the game normally is the actual success requirement.

Any arcade game that doesn't send you back when you die is pay to win. And these games were never intended to be finished in one credit. Arcade shmups as a genre are pay-to-win. Just hold the button and put more credits when you die, and you win. Fightning games are not like that, but they would be if they just refilled your health when you continued, and allowed you to continue the same fight.

Gee, I wonder why

Only interesting thing in Fortnite are the asses
The rest is just pure cuckoldry

You are right. Doesn't stop millions of casuals from loving it.

Somehow they all managed to come across as humongous faggots. Was it scripted? Did they plan it? Look at that dude on the left. Has he ever done even one day of manual labor? Does he know what a shovel looks like?
Why would anybody listen to these people? Is that the face of Reddit? The Reddit poster boy?
I spew paragraphs out on it because nobody, NOBODY, from where I am looks like that or presents such an aura of pure faggotry. He managed to appear skinny AND still have a double chin, with stupid glasses and an unshaven appearance.

The guy on the left is from Rooster Teeth (don't know about the other 2) and RT got famous for doing Red vs Blue which is a Halo machinima that start with Halo 1. Most of his life he's just been "guy who does the voice for a silly character", so yeah he's likely never done actual work.

That's not an hour per character, either. It's an hour for both of them, via singleplayer.

No wonder the market hates me. Even if there are millions of people like me we are too smart to get milked.

Fortnite isn't Pay 2 Win. It's got the "real" game mode (zombie tower defense shit) behind a paywall, and it's not worth paying for because that is supposed to go free some time this year. There's zero competitive advantage to be gained in the battle royale mode from paying. All they get is stupid costumes and emotes. Everyone starts the game with no weapons at all and the weapons spawn on the map randomly. All the weapons do the same damage as a similar weapon wielded by someone else. Weapons have rarity that increases the damage, but paying doesn't increase the rarity of the shit you find, it's all luck. I know all this because I play it. It's a shit game but it's the only thing my friends want to play, so I tolerate it.
Seriously research before you fling shit you fucking failure.

le Holla Forums army is here

user I…

if by americans you mean spics and brazilians then yea

Spoiled jewlings that have an entire ethno-religious group and global zionist network reenforcing the idea in their rat brains that they can just buy victory. I mean, they are obviously taught to try to steal it first.

Kikes run the western gaming industry and amerimutts are raised to be good goyim.

It's more pay to not wait for the free potato alerts. But it's so easy to fleece normalfags for the premium currency I hardly notice the p2w in it.

Hope this answers your question.

It's p2w only as much as you want it to be, the base game is so shitty compared to 2010 PES that you can easily beat teams of legends with crap, but then again that's not really that much of an accomplishment, given you're just trashing twelve-year-olds instead of pros. Besides, everyone knows that the only sport sims with autistic fanbases are PES and FM.

=every fucking time=
I really hate the dialog and paid mods, but oldfags need to fucking die (or get a life, witch maybe impossible)

pick one.

And you need to leave.

Do you know what profit means? He invested $500 and got $900 back.

Bluehole did a better job with it, tbh

There's allways enough people who have way too much cash in their hands and not enoug self-control.
Friend of mine spent like 2fucking thousands on a shitty f2p mmo one summer when we were playing it and despite all that he still fucking failed to get his weapons to best +9 or so status due to all the fucking failures!

I made cheats for that game. If you look a little into cheating and gamehacking, there are people who will buy cheats for single player games (anyone remember Gamesharks?). The developers on the Steam store are simply a more legitimate and safer way of getting cheats for these kinds of people. For example, poorly made gamehacks may crash the game, corrupt saves. Other hacks may be reuploaded with malware etc.

what are you doing, nigger? there is no pay to win whatsoever in that game. is this bait? at least do your fucking research.

Can't say I've ever heard that one before. Where are you from user?

Because

1. Autism

2. Little kids who use their mommy and daddies credit cards

The majority of these idiots who keep giving P2W games attention are mostly pre-teens and teenagers with access to mom and dad's credit card.

Two questions:
Do you also believe that the average gamer is a woman and how do you enjoy being a complete retard that believes every stupid thing he's told?

The base game (PvE) is pay to win, not the Battle Royale mode.

This

That's not true at all, there's plenty of people who are 20-40 years old, work a 9-5 job and have lots of disposeable income, so they spend it on stupid shit. Back then people would spend it on expensive electrical appliances like TVs and phones, nowadays it's microtransactions on their phone

Convenient how these retards insist that "paying to win" has to be completely literal instead of referring to buying advantages that make it easier to win as it always did, isn't it?
And of course

People are idiots, it's that simple. A lot of people (usually but not always Americans) love to tell you how much they love capitalism, only to poison the entire fucking concept of capitalism in the next moment by supporting really shitty products and services. If they actually liked capitalism they would use it to make things better rather than making everything worse by supporting kikery.

Games stopped being about the Game in 2007 friendo.

I want to lodge my anus over that.

Its sad when the reason the crash won't happen is the same for why it needs to happen. At this point I wonder how long until every hobby is pushed as "for everyone" to the same degree videogames are. I know technology in general is big for them to push with that because its low effort compared to other things, but it'd be fun watching them try with as much fervor and lashing out.

I think the microtransactions in Fortnite BR allows he player to get XP boost, which has no impact on the PvP (the only things you unlock while leveling up are emotes and emblems).

You didn't see me trying to convince my parents that the buyables in their favourite mobage are pay-to-win. The ones that remove limits on how often you can do things, since it's a game based on available resources to train stuff. Fuck I hate that game and they don't stop playing it and treating it as the most serious business in the world.

…Apparently I have to explain it here too.

Not comparable since tipping is supposed to encourage good behaviour from people serving you. The perversion to almost bribery for good service in America is garbage.

You're kidding, right? Americans have always been Korea tier when it comes to vidya.

P2W is the least popular it's ever been, which is why EA had their whole Battlefront 2 fiasco: they sold non-cosmetic content in RNG (money)grind-boxes, for a PvP focused online shooter.
The threshold for what is acceptable as pay for power is now strictly "co-op pve", and anything else gets flak.

What are smoking you dumb nigger ?

The OP pic is of FNBR, which is not P2W.

Nearly everyone who invests long time into that game pays for something at some point.
And how are you not seeing the p2w when 80% of the playerbase is using websites to track events and event loot?