Metal Thread Solid

Is it worth getting Ground Zeroes if I can just buy Phantom Pain for the same price? I heard it's basically just a demo version of PP. Will I miss out on anything if I skip it?

Also Metal Gear Solid general.

it's actually one of the best things about MGSV

OP, we need to talk.

Have those kikes not done a MGSV GOTY version which includes GZ?

Its tricky as GZ is definitely overpriced, but is one of the best things about MGSV. Its short but has a few side missions for replay value. If you really want to buy, then TPP is a much better deal especially if GZ is the same price. We're talking a prologue or the entire game.

TPP is the better choice, but GZ has one of the most important story-related content. Get both when they're on sale - or even better yet pirate them

The problem with GZ is that every other mission in Phantom Pain is shallower than this fucking one GZ location.
Just pirate.

I checked now, you're right.

Just pirate them both.

To put it in MGS 2 terms.

Ground Zeroes is the Tanker mission
Phantom Pain is the Plant mission.

Should I even bother with pirating TPP? I liked GZ but all this talk of TPP being unfinished and whatnot turned me off.

Anons have every right to shit on both the game and Kojimbo, but the game is still great. Give it it a try I guess. Just don't buy it.

I thought we all finally agreed to stop talking about Meme Gear Solid because it was shit
I thought this board's taste was finally improving, but I can see I was wrong

Except the Plant Mission is bugged, there is no ending, the game just continues on perpetually, in a mostly empty world.

>>>/gasyourself/
Go and stay go, faggot.
Sage negated

It's almost like Holla Forums isn't one person

Can we talk about how much MGS4 fucked with MGS2's plot and message? I feel like 4 was a mistake story-wise since it goes so off the fucking rails. The existence of MGS4 completely undermines the message that we were left with at MGS2. MGR:R and MGS4 are near indistinguishable as spin-offs.

I see the redditors are still as obvious as ever

I got GZ and TPP free with a graphics card. I have played multiple hundreds of hours fo these games. They are not worth your money. They are not complete. No consideration was made for the customer with these games. Do not buy them.

Kill yourself.

Nope.

The only Metal Gear I've played is a little of the original MSX game and it's pretty comfy so far. Does Metal Gear 2 improve much aside from making the guards less retarded?

STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS I DONT LIKE

GZ is pound for pound the better game. TPP has more content of course but nothing in it holds up to the expectations that are set by GZ.

Metal Gear 2 is pretty great. The two MSX games are pretty much re-created in MGS1 so it's your choice if you want to skip them or not.

It was an excuse to have him fight against vamp.
But seriously,did they have to do it while you where fighting the gekkos?
They have a 4 hours worth of cutscenes damnit!

Posts snakes ass.

I heard the game had a text summary of them. Are you telling me there's more to it?

The stories are summarised in text and there are plenty of call-backs in the brieifings and main game. The stories themselves are pretty simple though so that's not what I was referring to.
The gameplay elements of the MSX games are recycled. All the cool and unique things are re-used in some way or another. So you can skip those games and see those thing for the first time in MGS1/2 like most of us, or you can play them and feel like a smarty when you see them again later on.

nope if you think you're getting a stealth game.

But it does have stealth user

I don't think it did; Raiden and Snake both come to the conclusion at the end of MGS2 that they need to live the lives they want to live and find something that they want to pass along to the next generation. Their answer to this is found on the battlefield where they secure a better future by taking down the SOP system.
I think MGR ties up Raiden's arc pretty well, even though it's not canon.It's explained in MGR that Raiden can't get employed for any regular job due to his PTSD and social stigmas against emerging cyborgs, and that he really only feels at home on the battlefield. He also can't seem to live a normal life as a civilian with his family, so he joins up with the PMC Maverick that aims to bring peace (and military security) to destabilized regions. Raiden believes that his "sword is a tool of justice", and his path in life, what he will pass on to the next generation, is to protect the weak from the strong. During his work with Maverick he is confronted with his past, and realizes that his ideals are just a cover for his past which he still hasn't gotten over. It's at this point where he loses sight of his "something to pass on", and instead embraces his true nature as someone who genuinely enjoys killing. In the final act of the game, Raiden fights Senator Armstrong. Armstrong's methods are kind of vague, but his goal is to end the war economy and rebuild the American nation so that every man can choose his own destiny and fight his own wars. Raiden stops Armstrong's plot, but not before Armstrong passes on his own ideals to Raiden and names him his successor. The final scene in the game is Raiden repeating Armstrong's words about how "men will keep fighting in wars they don't understand.", hinting that Raiden has accepted Armstrong's message and now has something to pass on. This is at least how I would interpret MGR as to have it make sense in regards to MGS2 and MGS4, although I'm probably giving the game too much credit. Beneath all the cheesy dialogue and bouts of edginess I do think that MGR does make several attempts to utilize the themes in 2 though. Monsoons talk of memes and passing things on as well as Armstrong's bossfight, for example.

(((KOJOMBO))) wrote MSG IV and V
so obviously its not going to be as good as Fukushima´s stuff and it doesn´t correlate at all with Fukushima´s MGS story

This

…damn. Damn, that was accurate.

…can we just pretend everything after MGS2 never happened instead?

I can't wait for Death Stranding to come out and be nothing but inane bullshit and celebrity wank.

Don't look for logic, MGS4 was when Kojimbo started surrounding himself with yes men.

i was weak and bought TPP during the christmas sale. i don't know if every copy comes with GZ but mine did