GTA V

Going to give GTA V a pirate. What should i expect? Should i install mods or play vanilla first? Is GTA IV truly a better game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-qUJc20yu28
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GTAIV being good is a meme, the franchise hasn't been good since San Andreas. Play Saints Row 2 instead.

Well fuck, i was just considering this and then you get quads.

(checked)
Then V is a bigger meme. It's shit.

NO. Play Just Cause 2 instead.

The Multiplayer mod for that shit's fucking insane. There's servers where you can change your mass on any vehicle you spawn so you can ram a fire truck with a golf cart and send it into orbit. There's also build maps and character select.

t. baby driver

Pretty much this

Dude's a god at unveiling shitty games. Watch his video and see if you still want to play it.

It's a shame when a youtube video is factually correct because it means nobody wants to go through the effort of criticizing it. God knows people tried though. Embed related.

Don't bother with the story. Just grab IVPack, Vanillaworks (pic related), World of Variety, Realism Dispatch Enhanced and a shitton of graphics mods and just dick around like in the old days, when you install one of those first two the missions get disabled by default. Then unlock cheat all the actors and have fun making your own movies.

It's not a good game, but it's one hell of an SFM alternative.

This. Its only good with mods.

It's funny how most of the "better" examples just make the game look boring or involve "graphical" updates.

Everyone and their mother has seen that video dumbass. I don't know what's worse, the obligatory "take a look at this 11 million view video that I still think is obscure" that you get every GTA thread or the crowbcat dick sucking that follows.

All you have to do to criticise it is point out that it's obsessed with minor details instead of focusing on stuff of substance like the overall content or the car handling.

Assuming you're still here, I'll give you my opinions
A pretty yuge world with the ability to dick around buying cars, planes, boats, etc. There is also a story mode which I enjoyed. There are 3 main characters and I like how their stories become intertwined. There's the token nigger dindu character, the dad, and the wacky crazy meth head guy.
I'd say play vanilla first. If you get bored, install some mods for sure. There's a pretty good cop mod where you can go on patrol. I think it's called LSPDFR. Then theres fun stuff like grappling hooks and what not.
In some ways yes. I found the driving to be more realistic and difficult, but extremely satisfying when mastered. In V it's quite simplified. Also, IV seemingly made more use of the Euphoria physics engine. IV also, in my experience, had better NPC interactions and AI, both pedestrians and police. The story of IV bored me though, and there is less to do in terms of just fucking around, like you can't buy fighter jets or anything. IV also is buggy on PC in my experience. Crashes a lot. V on the other hand doesn't.
Polite sage because OP is probably gone and this thread is likely to turn into a shit show.

Except the main stuff of substance is worse in GTAV. Even excluding many of the points in either video.

Found the Rockstar shill. You need to try harder next time.

Then make a video about that. Generally GTA V vs GTA IV arguments boil down to whether people liked IV's car handling or not. That's pretty much what every thread we've had on that ends up being about.

Sorry, you have a bit of semen left on your mouth from when you were calling crowbcat a "a god at unveiling shitty games". Also I have no idea how arguing which of two games made by the same fucking company is less shitty can constitute as shilling.

You're damage controlling. The new game didn't live up to the same quality as the previous one and you're trying to cover it up.

You really think there aren't in depth reviews already?
GTAV's shit for plenty of reasons.

gunplay is also complete shit compared to gta iv, euphoria was nerfed significantly and guns all have reduced damage but higher accuracy which makes them feel like shit, they sound like shit too and all feel identical to every other weapon in their class. you might be able to make the game fun with mods, i don't know. you're certainly making the right choice pirating it though because online is a shitshow for a variety of reasons, the most major one not even being transactions but the fact that chinks/russians/BRs/westerners are all put into the same servers and that at least 15% of the playerbase cheats

yes, gta v's world is heavily scripted and not dynamic at all like iv but that doesn't make it inherently bad as a game, this video never criticizes its actual major problems

also, i forgot to mention driving. every car drives like a race car and feels the exact same unlike iv in which every single car feels at least a little different and cars between vehicle classes like muscle cars/exotics are not even in the same league.

Not even worth the pirate in my opinion, it's a downgrade from the previous games in every aspect but graphics. On top of that Kikestar decided to cut everything from the singleplayer game and put it behind one of the most kiked paywalls I've personally ever seen on the multi-player. It's the quintessential definition of nickel and diming the userbase, although in this case they skipped the small change and went right for the big bucks. Unless the mods for it can give you all that content plus other shit to make the map feel less empty and bland its honestly not worth the pirate unless you're just looking to make videos.

t. Someone who let their normalfag friend talk them into buying it on console to play together, resulting in one of the few times I've ever had buyer's remorse let alone the severity that game gave it to me

GTA IV is the best GTA.

That video's supposed to be more of a downgrades comparison, it doesn't hit home when it's reversed because you'd expect a quadruple A sequel to have some improvements.

you're forgetting that it has objectively the best gunplay and most dynamic environment of any gta, vehicle variety is also top notch

Since you're pirating, the ingame stock markets aren't going to work correctly. They tied the functionality to online connectivity. Just don't bother with that aspect of the game

That said, the rest of the single-player game is fairly good:
Well realized world and the car physics feel nice compared to 4's heavy behavior. No toll booths either.
The characters are more interesting than Niko and his bowling-obsessed cousin. Even Trevor, who is basically the personification of how people play GTA

The cop AI isn't as robust as 4's, unfortunately, but it's not like you really noticed while playing without examination

quite the understatement

youtube.com/watch?v=-qUJc20yu28

GTA 5 is a miserable game. Not worth even pirating it.

Not to mention the best AI where interaction and especially combat feels fresh and varied each time

Forgot to mention

Locking characters, locking activities depending on characters and shitty family missions is not decent
Car handling is trash as it homogenizes most vehicles depending on type instead of IV's unique profiles, and this goes for weapons as well
Characters are subjective, but IV was much more well written, and given the context, saying a kebab remover turned glow-in-the-dark hitman working for the last mafia bosses and the remnants of an IRA cell is not bore at all, compared to bank robber in a mid-life crisis with a highly dislikeable family composed of several american stereotypes, and one of the most edgiest and Dontesque protagonist around
Not counting Franklin because he's a not character, even Lamar would have been more interesting if maybe grating

Both are objectively good games, but V has much more falling outs than IV due to quantity of aspects and their low refinement

I'm really surprised nobody made any lewd mods for gta v,unless it's that much of a cunt to work with.

gta v is objectively good as HL2 is objectively good: it's actually not objectively good, and many people think it's rightfully complete trash. just because it has high production value and is critically acclaimed means jack shit.

It's because nobody cares about this game besides multiplayer kiddies.

It is a good because more than half of things it tries to do accomplish their objectives, the car customization returned and pretty good, tons of weapons and customization of them, tons of missions and a big map to play, lots of clothes and plenty of side missions to break the mold, along with a very good character switching
On paper it was a good recipe with ingredients in good shape, thing is car handling sucks and there's no place to store them, gunplay sucks, characters are painful to use, not to say unlikeable due to subjectivity, map has few different environments and meaningful things to do in them. And side missions are locked into certain moments and characters and are badly implemented

That's for our experience, IF we are enthusiasts since the early 00's, but for kids who started in an already shit environment, say 2007 or 8, and played Saint's Row 2 as the bible (it suffers from a couple of the same but not THAT badly) or flat out didn't even played it, then you have an audience who finds this legitimately fun, because they don't know San Andreas or Just Cause 2 (with mods unlike the asinine vanilla version)

It's a good product, but a shitty and horrible one compared to past ones, even the vilified IV and its expansion packs

A large, but empty world. When you stray off main roads it's going to be mostly hills and plants, without much else going on. Gone are the days of obscure shit like the ghost car being common occurrences, they made an attempt at recapturing the obscure and odd shit from the older days but didn't quite get the atmosphere for it right. Another massive missed opportunity is the ocean itself, they went through the trouble of implementing a sub but didn't place much shit around to find.

Basically, large map, but they didn't bother filling it out. This could be forgiven however, if not for the absolutely disgustingly anti-fun cops. Expect cops that will 360noscope you to death in 1 or 2 shots for simply standing close to them for 2 seconds, and who when giving chase will teleport behind you. It's like they made the cops as obnoxious as possible for the sake of the later implemented online, but then instead of adjusting them for single player they just said fuck it, and implemented the cops made for online into single player instead.

That can also summarize the game. It feels like it was made to be an MMO, but then had single player tagged onto it. It just lacks the quirky fun of the previous games, and doesn't capture the absurd fun of GTA.

i thought car customization was awful, most cars get like 1 spoiler and a carbon hood, some get 2-3 options for spoilers and sometimes bumpers but that's it, i'm not talking about the shit they added exclusively to online in the future. it does have tons of weapons and customization, the problem is that they all feel pretty much identical with minor recoil/spread changes that aren't noticable, and the weapon customization leads to all weapons looking like fucking monstrosities. the game has a decent number of missions, but the majority of them include no combat or anything interesting at all, such as michaels family shit or preparing for heists, it's all boring due to the retarded fed shit.

i disagree, they are objectively unlikable for 90% of gamers. not only are none of them relatable at all, but trevor is obnoxiously juvenile and poorly written despite what faggots say and franklin has as much personality as a blank slate fallout protagonist. a 20 something white dude will find zero value out of any of these characters whatsoever.

you're either on console, have auto-aim enabled which gives enemies aimbot even with only using KB+M, or are just plain shit

If we go by that, then IV is absurdly superior as it isolates V to its PS3-360 version (PS4/BONE version add online stuff to single player a year late)
Plus no safehouses now that i think of it, fucking Niko Bellic had more garages in goddamn Jew York than all 3 goons with millions of dollars in the bank

And then you have that maybe the AI is watered down in the console version, let alone patrolling cops being non-existent

Red Dead Redemption was a mistake

the only thing that 4 has over 5 is car damage, ragdoll physics and some weapon sounds.
other than that, it's garbage. BoGT is decent.

Some degree of forgettable fun in the open world, annoyance at the overly scripted and meme-written missions.

Mind and get the fanpatch if playing on PC, check pcgamingwiki.

as opposed to bad character switching? What are you, praising the camera animation?

no.

Yes, empty in the sense that you don't use the "beautifully crafted" environments. In SA, you see a dam and you know you'll get there in a mission. In GTAV you see a prison, and its moment never comes. The map is littered with locations that will serve no purpose to the story.

Exactly, because that's what they did.

On a technical level, there's no doubt that GTA V is a downgrade (barring the fact that it actually runs properly on modern hardware, which is a huge boon), but the video really doesn't address the big problems with GTA IV that often made it absolutely no fun to play. GTA V is usually a pretty consistently mediocre-good game. It ranges from like a 6 to a 7 for pretty much the entire experience. IV has an incredibly strong opening few hours, and then falls off a cliff as the narrative completely collapses.

I feel inclined to disagree. V has far more FUN and interesting missions than IV does, and the cover mechanics and shooting also feel far more solid on a technical level.

And dynamics of it all, but for me, it would've been much better if it had none of it and focused on a fully fledged single character
Explain.

It's a shit game, user.

I think you're focusing more keenly on the story in either game. I can say though that i remember more from the mission in IV than I do V. And I don't like neither particularly well. The big focus for GTA these days is gameplay. And there's more at work with the gameplay I feel in IV than V. There's more sophistication in the mechanics and I genuinely fucking hate 80% of the map in V.

this is my problem with both iv and v, the maps closely resemble the areas they seek to recreate very closely but they don't feel like them at all. they feel empty and barren, the atmosphere is just not present.

Yeah I agree, except for me IV never really got going from the start. There was something just missing from it. I felt like I was always waiting for it to pick up momentum and get going but it just felt flat all the way through. In V they got it a bit more right imo.

Both IV and V's downside is having too much non-combat side activities and railroaded missions. I'd say SA had the same problem as well. The perfect GTA game would be Vice City with IV's engine.

Those are very essential things for an action game.

I enjoyed the absolute shithole Russian mob aspect of it. You get in with them, try to do your best to be a good criminal, but then you get fucked over and it all goes to shit and you're back to square one, when Roman's taxi place and the safehouse are burned down. It's a good 8-10 hours of gameplay if you take your time and get IMMERSED. Then, two hours later, Roman gets his modern taxi fleet via. insurance money and Niko has a nice Manhattan apartment.

Oh.

The only mission I remember from IV as being particularly entertaining was the bank heist, which ended up being the blueprint for huge portions of GTA V.

That shit was really entertaining in director mode, seeing all the weird faces Niko would pull and pedestrian reactions.

Well coming from somebody who cares more about gameplay I don't really care either way.

Tommy is the best GTA character. As for others

Clayde is just a car-loving mute, Vince is a dumbed down version of CJ, the IV DLC ones are just a faggot and an idiot, GTA V are a lolsorandum meme character, CJ 2.0 and an aging cuckold.

Can we talk about the moronic torture scene that served no purpose and stripped any agency from the player?

Pretty sure Gawker already did, thousands of times. Only problem I had with it is that the tooth extraction section did not respond to my analog stick correctly, spent about 5 minutes on something that should've taken 5 seconds.

I hate it mostly because I don't know what the hell they were going for with it.

I thought it was pretty easy to understand. Though they do shove the message of >muh torture
down your fucking throat

I always wanted to try out Midnight Club, was it shit?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I already played both recently, what's the third best open world game? I just want to drive around and occasionally cause explosions.

It was better than a fucking desert.

a short singleplayer and less shit to do than in San Andreas

only a massive casual would think otherwise.

nigger you stole my digits

good

nigger, youre slow. that get was open for like 30 seconds.

It's funny because I saw the opportunity and decided against it. Gets are always better when some attention seeking faggot is deprived of them.

Its one of Rockstars deliberate controversy things that they do to generate media buzz.

Its funny how when the game was released people I mean feminists not people complained that you could murder a prostitute in the game if you decided to.
But they didnt play the game long enough to get to the part where you were forced to torture some guy while he begs and pleads for mercy and you cant continue the game without fucking him up.

Genuine question, why do people always say Franklin isn't actually a character?

He's a nigger that don't act like a nigger so people don't like him, I guess. The thing is is that he is mellow and considerably grounded compared to anything in the series, so he just feels off in comparison. He is an interesting character, but I get the feeling that he is in the wrong story/game 95% of the time. GTAs don't need a straight man.

Trevor is the best GTA protagonist from a gameplay/story synergy standpoint. Everything you can do in GTAV can be seen as "in-character" for Trevor and no other character works that way in the series (post 3, at least).

I just beat GTA:V, like the other day. Very fresh in my mind. I'm at like 86% towards 100% and have finished all the story missions.
Expect to be on Rockstar's schedule of events. There is "freedom" in the game from pretty early on, but it takes a lot to get everything available to do unlocked and freely available. I spent a lot of the first 2/3rds of the game wondering what the hell there is to do in the between mission downtimes. Obviously there are things to do, but it felt "empty" until the end, and I still miss little things like eating at Cluck N Bell.
Things I really enjoyed: skydiving, scuba diving, off road racing, flight in general is pretty damn fun, the heights are pretty fun at times. Expect the bullshit Rockstar mission setup though, I mostly dislike the way they do missions. Expect to play Rockstar's idea of a Hollywood Blockbuster Moviegame. Also, the final ending "choice" is bullshit. I get the option to kill him, or him, but not HIM? Or let all three live? WTF Rockstar?
Vanilla.
LOL fuck no.

OP, if you don't know what you should expect from a GTA title, this place might not be the best for you.

I know you just wanna talk about GTA V but fucking hell don't ask such asinine questions.

V is inferior to IV in almost every fucking way. IV had atrocious console graphics with those blurs around objects like in dark souls. But thats it.

he felt like he had no personality whatso ever, besides "muh escape from the hood"

he felt like gary stu even

I always felt like he was a bitchy motherfucker, that was more his personality. Like he'd be the guy bringing everyone down cause he's a moody fucker who tries to find the faults in everything. Other than that, I always thought people said he had no personality because he wasn't really important to the story. He was just the third wheel they started you off as to either round out the team or add in a diversity hire. The story was obviously centered around trevor and michael. And what little arc he had for his overarching goals was achieved very early, essentially make money/get out of the hood.

He'd be hugging the roof or stumbling.

It's a man user, why would they care?

And the dumb thing was the guy was innocent if memory serves. I was fucking livid at the ending, when I couldn't torture all these FIB fuckers and that Illuminati asshole Devin I think his name was. Put him in the trunk and then push the car over, fucking really? I can't imagine a more anti-climatic ending. Oh wait, BEING FORCED TO CHOOSE WHICH WHITE MAN TO KILL

Only one of them is, LCN is tied to ingame events so if you fuck up a lot of a companies vehicles their rivals stock will increase, there's also the pretty major opportunity to make bank early game by having all of the protagonists invest in that tech company before all the shit goes down then cash out. There's also Lesters assassinations that raise the value of a competitor stock so everyone can make significant gains a few times over

Companies that are rivals:
CoolBeans / BeanMachine
Burgershot / Up-An-Atom
Clucking Bell / TacoBomb
FlyUS / AirEmu
GoPostal / PostOP
Bilkington / DollarPills
Pisswasser / Logger
MazeBank / BankOfLiberty
Redwood / Debonaire
Slaughter, Slaughter & Slaughter / Bullhead
RadioLosSantos / WorldwideFM
eCola /Raine

The cops are a true pain in the ass, shoot a gun out in the middle of nowhere and a passing bird informs the police, seriously. If there is a decent mod to fix them OP use it.

He's dull in comparison to the others, he's essentially a bitchy parasite on Michael's story and much less memorable of an entity than Trevor, hell even his shit-talking hoodnig friend at the dealership has more to his character. I can barely remember anything he does past meeting Michael.

Instead of golden middle between San Andreas freedom and IV's technology, which it should have been, it ended up unfocused mess and biggest waste of a potential. It's the most linear gta entry, main storyline absolutely separated from open world, missions are scripted way more even than IV's, stealth is useless in open world, which makes it a downgrade even compared to SA, NPC, Police, enemy AI is shit and balanced unfairly without any thought about their hit scan nature, which makes combat also shit, Driving is okeyish, just don't install turbo-boost in garages, makes driving way smoother. It's an eye candy and optimized extremely well, but gameplay wise - the worst main entry game. Even writing is worse than past games, which makes bigger focus on storyline more of a problem. Fuck even the radio is bad too, full off bland, unmemorable music. It was painfull to play, because you can see almost constantly, how it could have been a really great game, that instead of worst, being the best one, but the more you play, the more you left dissapointed with it. And don't make me started on GTA:O, it killed GTA series and Rockstar in general, by turning development company, into service provider company akin to Valve, next GTA gonna be full on pay to win MMO, I guarantee it.

V is inferior to IV in almost every fucking way.
lol no

Forgot to greentext.

You should tie a rope around your neck and forget to breathe.

midnight club 3 > midnight club 2 >= midnight club LA >>>>>>>>>>>>> midnight club 1

no

Midnight club 1 had some fun fucking glitches if I recall. Like wedging yourself between 2 buildings and driving on walls.

It's been a while since I played any of these games, so I don't remember much about them, but I do remember that 3 was the best in terms of actual courses, and it didn't have a retarded storyline like MC:LA.

halp

The most impressive open world game ever made

But just like GTA games in general, it gets repetitive very fast and its novelty wears off. I will say though that in GTA V it doesn't wear off as fast because there is a lot to explore. Given the detail of the world and its sheer size

Isn't he that faggot that defended Doom 2016?

San Andreas is still the best GTA game ever made. More freedom, weapons, vehicles, cities then any other game in the series

…I liked it….

From a technical standpoint I fail to see how this can be considered b8. Unless you know of an open world title with comparable size and detail. Most open worlds either compromise on attention to detail or size. You can only have a massive world with little detail, or a detailed world that's small. I think GTA Vs rendition of San Andreas is one of the most impressive open worlds of any video game. Not to say the game itself doesn't suffer from the same "GTA Fatigue" that you get with all GTA games though

It was horribly repetitive. Every level feels and plays the same. I would be more forgiving if it wasn't 60 GBs in size

You know, as shitty as GTA V might be, the fact that it has planes makes it vastly superior to IV.

I liked it too user until I actually played Doom 1/2 and now I get how shitty it was.

It's great how detailed they made the flying mechanics to the point where turbulence is actually simulated when you fly their version of the Boeing 747 and 737s

No interiors mean you are far from right, but i can see your point

It technically has more interiors than GTA IV. I mean, IV just had the hospital and the roughly 5 or so Burger Shots and Cluckin' Bells. V has no Burger Shots or Cluckin' Bells you can enter, but there's like 20 24/7s that you can rob plus the numerous mission specific locations including the Cluckin' Bell factory warehouse, the underwater government lab, the Life Invader headquarters.etc

I still likewise see your point as well though, overall there are many open world games that at least give you all the interiors accessible. Rockstar was originally hyping for every interior to be accessible in GTA V back in like 2012 but it looks like that never happened for whatever reason

Can you please name some for me?

Bethshit RPGs and most open world JRPGs

i'm sorry to say that's incorrect,at least in the fallout series

They also hyped IV as a Shenmue-tier game in terms of interactions, but Take2 highly suggested them to step it up and add an online section for a late 2007, early 2008 release

Planes really don't add much when you think about it. They were interesting but on the whole I don't consider it a terrible loss when you have helicopters with rockets.

Going by your liberal definition of "game", yes GTA 4 is a better "game".

Is either GTA game somehow not constituted as a game by any other interpretation outside of radical ones?

No, he did with Doom what he did with most of the games, by comparing E3 footage to final release and in Doom 2016s case, it ended up an upgrade, instead of a downgrade, that is all.

You messed a shit ton of enterable apartment complexes across of a city - they have hidden weapons and sometimes you can climb up of a roof and snipe targets.

That's pretty retarded point, in no way, planes would make GTA IV a better game.

In GTA V helicopters are dogshit though, way too much of a turbulance.

Amazing how you do something so well in an earlier game and fuck up the exact same thing in the next.

ftfy

Sand Andreas is fun though.

It's the most fun. People can't get past their nostalgia for Vice City. Admittedly, VC got it's look and music tone right, but SA got better gameplay and a more interesting map.

Vice city was the last GTA game to have a story worth playing.

Franklin is a nigger, but he's the 2nd best character in the game after the one you make for the GTA Online. You cinematic faggots need to get a grip. Lore, atmosphere, and npc dialogue implying some sort of narrative as you play is one thing, but who the fuck cares about a goddamn retarded scripted story shoehorned into a video game?. Really… how has this become a thing? Who gives a fuck about any of these cringy cartoons that are entirely ripped off from (infinitely better) movies? It's not just GTA, either. The past two vidya generations have been absolutely lousy with this shit across all genres and you faggots go along with it because you apparently enjoy getting memed on and being useful idiots for jews who hate the video games you enjoy and want to turn them into pretentious walking simulators. Grinds my gears. And if you think you'll support their cinematic single-player interactive movies and somehow they'll stop trying to jew you to death with microtransactions, you're delusional.

Yes, but he was very objective about it. If you went through the whole game without glory killing, it was pretty fun.

Vice City Stories is objectively the best GTA

They wanted to be the new Spec Ops: The Line.

Kill yourself

Tragic storyfag has poor reading comprehension skills.