Ctrl-f: Britannia

Surprised no one is talking about this. Who here hype for new game? What are the chances they're going to ruin it by turning it into a [Current Year + 3] shitshow?

Also, general Total War thread. Favorite games, favorite factions, favorite mods, best war stories. Share them here.

I loved Total WaWa and this has shill written all over it.

Repostan an old classic:

This fucking game, man. I swear.

Get out, and never come back.

Why should anyone care about a shitty commie island?

These dubs dictate that dastardly digits will determine the depth of this thread.

If it sucks I'll just go back to Attila

FUCK OFF

Well ok, if it'll contain your autism. Who here is interested in the new game? Who here wants to play it? Is that neutral enough for you?

Fucking Jesus, getting so you can't even bring up a game here anymore without getting accused of shilling.

I'll stick with Medieval & Shogun 2, thanks.

Get out of here, shill.

Next you'll ask if anyone here is preordering.
Why don't you take your shitty shilling somewhere else?

It's not that you brought up this game, it's that you did it in the most unnatural way possible. We can tell you have no idea what you're doing here. Either go back to where you came from or give whoever hired you a refund.

I keep hearing good things about this game. How would you rank it? Is it better than Medieval 2?

Nothing is better than MTW2 in my opinion, however Attila is my go-to modern TW just because I like the time-period, factions, mechanics and mods selection. I like the migration mechanic where you can pack up shop your entire faction and gypsy it up across the entire old world if you want or just settle somewhere else. I don't know about ranking I try to stay away from that and just play what I like to have fun with. If you're curious find a crack and pirate it

DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO CA

sage because I double posted

I thought SEGA were the jews in this relationship? What's CA done?

sega might be behind denuvo but CA is behind cutting WaWa up and selling it to you bit by bit.

More related to the thread, I wonder why they went for a game set in this time period and specific area. Are they going to release another medieval installment? As much as I love MTW2, you learn its quirks and bugs in and out and it isn't really fun when you all you do to win is press at the seams until the game breaks.

They are hand-in-hand, and regardless you cannot feed one without the other. CA has had very questionable business practices regarding DLCbig suprise, with more than enough on-disc DLC

haven't played a TW game since shogun 2, what good TW+mod combinations have come out that I should try?

is stainless steel still the best choice for medieval 2?

how about you get out of here golem?

yeah I was wondering where the total war thread was too. I usually like playing Rome 1 and Medieval 2 the most, mostly the Barbarian expansion for the former

Adding to this one, after Lorentienne's death apparently Martine, through a combination of guilt and/or realizing she actually loved the guy, becomes a miserable wreck, mourning his loss, never marrying again and dying an old widow.

The FUCK did they do now with the art direction of Britannia?

I'm not interested but I do hope that since the setting here is sort of similar to Medieval II, that we then also might get a full fledged Precolumbian total war like the Medieval II expansion.

It's a great, underused setting that deserves more then just an expansion pack.

I bet you hate Apotheon too

Which part of early Anglo-Saxon art looked like a children's cartoon?

I'll admit I don't know much about art in that region or time period but it looks pretty damn similar to stuff i've seen in manuscripts, art, and stained glass from medieval Europe to me

Pic related for example. Also, most of it.
Somehow everyone between the fall of rome and the Renaissance collectively decided that art was a retard's job.

Better then the art from Mesoamerica around the time the Spanish showed up. Mesoamericans were really rad-ass stonesmiths, sculptors, and craftsmen with murals, frescos, and featherworking and clotth, some of that stuff is legimate classical greece/rome level; but they couldn't draw on paper to save their lives.

Art was relegated to be done by Priests and Monks, who had no training in how to draw, and if you were artistically talented you would normally design churches and stain glass windows.

Fucking weird seeing a nearby town's church getting posted on Holla Forums

On topic however it seems like they're fucking with the recruitment system in thrones of Britannia making it much more expensive to recruit and making the focus more on replenishment and manpower pools.

They really should have picked another period like the Italian Wars

if you like gunpowder, Napoleon and LME is top tier

We'll see if that deals with the post-Rome 2 issue of full stacks everywhere

Hey now, byzantines still tried to do nice artwork.

That's really not that much different from the other european ones either. If you want something really different, do:

These are the only good ones I can think of, though, that haven't been done yet.

You forgot pike&shot. It'd feature very different tactics from everything else.
Also, beards and fabulous clothes.

This would be interesting but probably somewhat difficult to implement due to the mixed units of that period
Difficult enough that CA wouldn't do it at least

Werent the spaniards the only ones using mixed units hence their great sucess on italy?

Pike and shot would require CA to do some serious code rewriting for how units are composed and controlled due to the era's mixed unit formations and movement. CA isn't going to do that kind of hard work for what they see as a historical niche.

helo OP i am to reddit 2 i preorder game yes veryy good nice

pretty sure almost everyone did it after they thrashed the french in Italy. That said, Shogun 2 warfare in reality should appear a lot more like pike and shot tactics than what it actually is in the game

maybe after 3 kangdomz

[ROUNDABOUT'ING INTENSIFIES]

Eat shit and die

well I fucking hope they are willing to, since they'd need to do that to get a mesoamerican or andean setting to work as well given the lack of calvery and siege weapons being less common.

you fucked up user

Would you like to see britannia rule again?
My friend?

No.

Would you like to send our colored cousins
Home again, my friend?

Nice job missing the reference.

Shame on you for not getting it

I was checking his doubles with his own picture, why must you bully me?

I'm sorry dad

As punishment you must listen to the wall in it's entirety 3 times,having the first song loop from the last

Well, if it's shit I'll go back to Charlemagne. Looks like it might be pretty similar mechanically anyway.

I wanna play empire, what are the essential mods recommended to get a full experience?

Britain is full of fucking kikes, no wonder noone cares about the game.

don't
if you want Empire experience, play Napoleon

But i wanna fight for the caribbean.

Oh boy, the CA shill is back. Guess he got tired of shilling Warhammer Fantasy.

then probably darthmod, I think he's the only person who really mucked about with Empire that much

Attila turned out pretty good, though they had a different team than Rome 2
and the WaWa games are simplified but fun, but never at full price

What year did you time travel from? When Medieval 2 got released?

Ah, it's the TW atilla shill who keeps trying to sell CA's latest fuck-ups. Haven't seen you around lately, did you take a vacation?