GDC cucks Bushnell

Nothing unexpected from GDC, but amusing regardless. tl;dr Founder of Atari was going to be recognized as an industry pioneer, Twitter gets triggered, GDC cucks. Bushnell cucks later too.

archive.is/AkXA8

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Q5jNt
archive.is/rENSP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They couldn't even use this as an excuse to give it to some legbeard cunt? What a waste.

>Industry wouldn't even exist if he didn't

Wew

The part that gets me is that they just came out and practically slandered the guy while hiding behind the facade of a credible institution. Notice how they wait until after all the #metoo shit to even consider giving the fucking founder of Atari and Chuck E. Cheese's a Pioneer Award.

FUCKING LIBERALS

Modern developers can't even compete with their run down cardboard rooms and plastic chairs.

I think it's time to institute a society based on the Gor novels.

Brianna Wu is now on this guys Wikipedia page. Let that sink in for a minute.

I've read this 3 times, and I'm still confused. Did he not get the award for pioneering gaming because he's a businessman and not a gamer?

As if that ever stopped anyone.

There's also a story about him telling a bunch of investors to go fuck themselves and when he sold the company, he practically told them "here, good luck. assholes". He knew 1983 would happen.

Read that second title as "Transman of Gor".

"Gor" would be one of the words I'd use to describe a transman.

Seems ineficient, but still encapsulates a dream scenario of anyone who ever owned a business of any kind
Entirely subjective. All this tells me is that the writer doesn't know the subject he's writing about

was he backpack cucked though?

Bushnell was never much involved in making good games anyway. Where's the Pioneer Award for Eugene Jarvis? Now that's a real nigga.

36 years later and still a legend. You see this baby? TWO FUCKING JOYSTICKS. The absolute madman. This is pioneering.

why would he want one,especially one by some hipster faggots?Does he have a shortage of paperweights to put on top of his money piles so that a stiff breeze won't carry them away or something?

It seems that our minds have been warped by this current reality.

Is that hotwheels getting backpack cucked?

Good games wouldn't exist without Bushnell's machines.

Pure nonsense. Did Bushnell invent any of the microchips or PCBs used by Atari?

I actually had the chance to play that machine a few times. That game is trippy.

gdca is a fucking joke
they gave reward to fucking hello games?
who?
those money-grabbing asshole that made no mans sky

No, but the guy who made Pong's hardware didn't know shit about video games before being contracted by Bushnell. So, without him, those people wouldn't be making video games.

I truly despise these people

I fail to see the problem.

A white man enjoying his success is problematic.

Well I guess only the 100% pure, virgin saints of the world can ever receive recognition for anything. Hilarious considering twitter obsessed feminists are almost always truly horrible, mean spirited cunts with skeletons packed deep in their closets.

Your third pic has no archive and is likely a shop.

Doubt Bushnell cares. Not like the award cares any weight.

Are you mocking my pronouns, shitlord?!?

That may have been David Rosen, the Sega co-founder who also languished under dealing with movie studio ownership. Arcade owners turned away their system that simplified the process of installing new games for arcade operators, and the rest is history. They were then sold in 1983 to Japanese ownership for the very first time in the company's 58-year-history.

Rosen outlived everyone at Gulf+Western along with CSK executive Isao Okawa and resigned in 1996 along with a lot of other people at Sega of America who were responsible for making them a household name.

People already know him as an industry pioneer. He co-designed the very first arcade game, left the guys who did that because they didn't believe in the business of computer games and then co-founded Atari. Over the five years leading to his sale of the company to Warner Communications, he instituted the company policy that none of Atari's games should be the same, a rule that was broken only three times for the first 20 years of the company's existence. Atari also partnered with Masaya Nakamura and Namco and their distribution of Breakout in Japan effectively kickstarted the computer games business there. After selling out to Warner's, he co-founded Chuck E. Cheese and brought accessible arcade games to children at a time when home computers cost what would be $5,000 today and most arcades were in bars or pool halls.

He's a bum today, but everyone here owes something they appreciate about computer games to Nolan Bushnell and the way he did things while he was a business hotshot for most of the 1970s and early '80s.

Speaking of Chuck E. Cheese, I love watching old footage like this. I probably watched hours worth of 80s Japan and NY among other things.

Holy mother of cock, these lefties can't even make a proper PowerPoint presentation. They really are programmed to be bad at everything they do.

You can thank John Flynt.

Aren't they trying to be a congress man?

You did this user? Not bad!

Fucking great! Gaming as it once was is pretty much dead. GDC stands as everything that made this whole industry not only a shitshow, but a savage travesty of once it could be. Most inovation is dead, unscrupulous money grabbing, even from governments, and a desire for self censoring that would make Papa Stalin proud.
Be persona non grata from the GDC should be something that most developers worth their salt should aspire to.
Justo so peple remember what kind of stuff Atari was capable off.
And while he wasn't involved on these games, it is interesting to see how crazy Atari could be. If, at least, they hadn't done that stupid thing with the ayy…

They aren't even in the closet half the time because they will gladly admit to doing fucking up stuff in the right company.

>Bushnell founded Atari in 1972 and installed the first coin-operated video game, Pong, shortly thereafter.
AKSHULLY, Bushnell's coin-op Computer Space is a little bit older.

Nolan did an interview with Retro Hour if anyone's interested, especially concerning his feud with Ralph (((Baer))).

Unfortunately he also makes some dumb remarks about GTA and violent games at the end, but it's a fascinating interview nonetheless.

One of the reasons why Tom Kalinske eventually abandoned Sega was how violent videogames were becoming more prevalent in the industry. It seems that a lot of these old industry types are very conservative and rather prudish when it comes to that type of content.

No, they were afraid of video games not being family friendly anymore because they saw it primarily as a public thing in arcades.

I know he had a problem with violent games, but Tom left because of SoJ's micro-management, with the Saturn being the breaking point. He left specifically after releasing Nights Into Dreams, because there was no way to market that game as a replacement for Sonic and expect it to sell millions of units.
Take a look Tom's twitter.

I wouldn't be surprised of the reason why these PowerPoint slides are so wordy (or just straight 1 to 1 transcripts of what they are saying) is because the slides will get archived by GDC while the speeches themselves won't get recorded.
I remember being told with PP format to keep your main points down to at least 6 word sentences while the speaker explains them in depth. At least the slides/text contrast easily with the black text on white background, at least they didn't fuck that up with say, dark text on dark background I still remember many PP over the years of uni that make that surprising mistake.

>Talks about how (((someone))) wanted to level Paris and put in public housing as if it was a good thing
I stopped there. It was so off topic, but I'm fucking amazed at how cancerous these devs have become.

No I just found it while searching for a Gor cover.

If No Man's Sky wins an award and no-one is around to receive it, does it win GOTY?

>MFW realizing they've probably completely disconnected from me, and I didn't even have to reveal my power level for it I've had it on hard boycott ever since Sarkeesian got the Ambassador award

Sometimes things just work out perfectly.

Don't worry, you've already been blacklisted.

What a bunch of incompetent, unprofessional clowns.

I sometimes wonder if it'd be a legitimate marketing strategy to go to their events and pretend to be one of the clique for the easy coverage. Then when they start making political "bend the knee" demands, just ignore them until they turn hostile. I get the feeling simply ignoring and cold shouldering them would provoke them to double down and make a huge shit storm by doing absolutely nothing. There is a good chance they'll just do the same though. It makes me wonder how many indies they've lured in only to attention starve for not being one of them. Then there's the possibility of actually make a good fucking game people would want to play in itself would piss them off and getting you shunned to.

Even in the shitstorm scenario or riding off the free coverage I could be greatly over-estimating their usefulness, because at GDC I recall one of them even openly admitted their clique has no power over sales.

You can't really pretend to be one of them because they make sure they have leverage over you before letting anywhere near them.

You're probably right. Honestly, nothing of real value was lost, since a good chunk of them have no real influence outside of the notorious indie cliques. The whole program has yet to produce a good game that I'm aware of, whether that's a result of shitty concept shitty execution, or a combination thereof. To the point where despite a multiple of higher-ranking IGDA members being professors there, I have yet to see a single student game get nominated for a Best Student Game award at the GDC awards. As it stands, they seem to rely heavily on government grants or shitty crowdfunding projects.

More or less. You'd have to put on a very, VERY convincing setup.

Damn. If that's true they're more cut-throat than I thought.

They disguise it as becoming friends with you and taking you out places, what's really going on is getting you drunk and milking you for information they can either print for profit or use to blackmail.

I honestly hate that they don't make any money because it means they just steal more government cheese that could've potentially be used for actually useful things. Of course, there's no guarantee they wouldn't be doing that regardless.

They are quite literally CIAlite style agents tasked with disrupting and subverting Hollywood's biggest competition. You ever notice how further in bed a company is with Hollywood or how "cinemtic" they are in general there's less bitching from feminists regarding it? Well, except for Kojima but that's because he Japanese.

That's some of the more tame shit they pull all things considered.

Are there tweets of black mail being leaked or something? The most I see is false sexual harassment claims.

Isn't Kojima in bed with Hollywood?

Wasn't the industry started by conservatives? I read long ago that most of the money in the early days of gaming came from conservative people who owned businesses and most were from NY or somewhere up north. So the SJWs are in for a rude awakening, and who makes them the judge and jury for these awards anyways, they are trying to turn the gaming industry as if it were hollywood which is ran by jews.

In the same way a cuck is in bed with his wife while she fucks Jamal, yes. He's never going to get any influence there no matter how much me sucks them off and it's painful seeing how oblivious he is.

WRONG.
archive.is/Q5jNt

Thanks to the grants academia in general gets, they're probably going to get Government money regardless. Some time ago, my program got a grant from the state. Unfortunately, I couldn't find much information on it, the most I could find was that the area's state rep pushed for the funding, and also apparently got some money from Microsoft, who is a major cosponsor of the program. On a somewhat related note, I wouldn't be surprised if government was buying into the gamification meme to some degree.

Just the dumbest shit and even shittier fanbase

Yes. I hope he is destroyed in the polls.

Huh I am surprised liberals haven't found out the existence of this series.

Is this a metaphor for male control over women or something?

They have; they just get off to it and are terrified of anyone finding out. It’s what they want most of all.

This sort of thing was a common gag at the time. Pic related features early Sierra staff, including Roberta Williams.

This makes me angry.

The man's too based to associate with these legitimate cuckolds.

man you really see how the times have changed.

These faggots denying him his award would literally remove him from history if they could. I unironically look forward to the next civil war.

All those awards are useless and means nothing.
Circlejerk awards are empty praises given between the same impotent soyboys that compose the mainstream media's journos.
Worthless and without any importance (as the journos and award "winners") if they are not given by Gamers themselves.

It's like the rock and roll hall of fame adding rappers. People are baffled by the audacity. Not to mention GDC is constantly scheming to wriggle its way into a position of authority with all the connections they make from trust fund kids.

I stand corrected. However, the picture is still likely a joke photoshop. Look carefully at the angle the text is tilted at. This is further supported by the fact the user deleted that tweet and posted this one.
archive.is/rENSP