Dusk

So a few people I know have been playing this "retro inspired" first person shooter but considering how many "throwback FPS" games I've seen that flopped I'm skeptical. Is it any good?

store.steampowered.com/app/519860/DUSK/

Pirate and try it yourself.

Why are they pissing blood

Looks like shit. OP if you're going to shill just be up front about it.

We had a thread weeks ago cuckchanner. You would know this isn't good if you weren't new.
Check em.

looks like garbage

also, from the EULA:

Terrible humor and nofun.

As low effort as it looks at least it isn't as lazy as STRAFE. Remember that shit? Saging because obvious shilling.

i bought it and have played only a few singleplayer levels so far and been through the four level (one very clearly beta) multiplayer rotation three times. the singleplayer level design feels like a more condensed redneck rampage while movement feels like a weird quake. thematically it imitates blood and redneck rampage. multiplayer feels like doom in unreal levels though, and what i mean by that if youve not played doom deathmatch is buff items such as armor and health are negligable (a single double barrel will kill regardless). there is no way to describe it without comparing it to other older games so you could say it's identity is lacking. i like the slide mechanics though i wouldn't use that in multiplayer simply because the bunny hop is better so its just feature fluff. there is a lot of more cosmetic features like the backflipping and throwing gas cans which is just fun to play around with, doesn't add anything else due to there usually being better options available. atop that is a sort of wallrunning system but i dont know if that is intentional (you can scale some 90 degree angles but not where that would usually matter it seems), and i dont know what the fuck the morale system is i guess its armor. i like it and it feels different enough from quake to be its own game (so worth trying) but you could still have gotten a similar enough experience playing quake paks so if that matters you might not consider it worth 20 bucks

It's made by a cuck. Is the guy French, German, Swedish or English?

I've acquired both released episodes and it's ok. I thought it was very fun but when it left me wanting more I started playing Doom 1/2 for the first time and Dusk doesn't quite measure up.

Doesn't every code of conduct have that shit?

Oy fucking vey. Game is apparently good. I'll have to pirate it one of these days.

Why would you even need a code of conduct?

>(((episodic)))
nigger just play quake.

Why the fuck does this game even exist? It doesn't do anything even remotely new or interesting so why not go play Quake instead since it's better anyway? Why settle for low quality watered down Chinese knockoff tier garbage when you could get the real thing instead. Sick and fucking tired of indie devs trying to ride on the coattails of actually great games while doing fuckall to improve or innovate on the formula. It's a soulless cheap cash grab with no identity of its own, nobody will remember this game a year from now.

I was curious and made a thread about this too, but fucking retards drowned put the thread with shitposting and only a few quality posts were made. Everyone thought I was a shill, but in reality I was ignorant. Fuck the Marxist cunts who made this shit. Sage for blog post

The developer no doubt watched some e-celeb talk about Quake, noticed a lack of of social justice leeches in the indie FPS scene and the rest is history.

Just pirate it, user.
Will be worth ten threads choke full of shitposting, user.
You will able to draw your own conclusions, making a thread to talk about how shit it is, user.

Fair enough. These times make it difficult not to overreact to shit.

prove it, you libelous bastards.

It is definitely worth a pirate.

I did pirate it, and it was shit.

Go to the fucking company website and check their Twitter feeds, the same publisher is making a literal antifa game where you fight Fascist Drumph.

>(((Szymanski)))
that kike might not be a commie, but this faggot sure as hell is.

Just checked his twitter,full of "TRUMP IS EVIIIIIL" posts
goddamn it.

Really makes the user ponder the implications.

I sincerely hope that clearly agenda pushing shit burns

Worse graphics than Quake, but better combat and animations.

Just get Dusk through other means than paying for it tbh., if he ever manages to get that shit out of early access.

He looks like a chad. You're only mad because you're all jealous soyboys who suck your jew president's cock.

No one wants your shitty game Dave.

i've seen these types of faggots in California, and they're not chads.

If they're not chads then what are you?

Haven't played it but LGR's review was positive. Looks better than the rest of the throwback shooters.

not a faggot.

certainly not a cuckchanner like you
>>>/back/

Meh. Probably not gay, or even a nintendrone. just your standard shill who shills whatever is mainstream or his own garbage to make an easy buck.

It certainly doesn't look better, but plays better.

Don't attribute to David Szymanski the beliefs of the publisher.

Imbeciles.

That's not the dev. That's a publisher's employee. What's with this guilt by association?

The guy Tweeted "You kill KKK right wing Nazis" when someone asked him what was his favorite thing about Dusk.
It's on his official Twitter feed

Can i get a link to that?

why exactly would he make a communist faggot his publisher then? obviously he's fine with the shoehorning of politics and drumpf posts.

Are you sure you're talking about David Szymanski and not the guy in & ?

Because he's trying to make a living? Get off your high horse.

Well he can make his living without my money then.

Guess it was the publisher

He can come haul slab with me for the stonemasons. Honest living without pushing "muh breadlines are Utopia" ideologies.

really nigger? got buyers remorse? :^)

Good luck making a living working for commies. Daily reminder to divest from leftist faggotry.

Made my point already, and I don't buy early access games. KSP taught me that

Your point is shit, quit white knighting for lefty turds.

Can we go one damn moment without having to forcefully drag politics into every thread?

You people never cease to amaze me with your mental gymnastics.

This looks dumb, try Strafe instead if that description is what you're going for.

So, does anyone know of any other indie FPS? One with LEVELS?

So you're looking for a linear indie FPS? Nothing comes to mind but Hard Reset, which seemed okay but I didn't go very far. Might not even be what you call indie, Idunno.

As for shootan games in general, I'll always recommend Shoot Many Robots as an improved Metal Slug formula, but I heard a rumor that they borked controller support in an odd update years after the release. Blacklight Retribution has come back from the dead, and it seems like a pretty solid multiplayer shooter with all the typical gamemodes, good gun mechanics, and really swift matchmaking. Everyone also gets "see through walls at players and interactables for a few seconds every so often" binoculars so there's really no camping or hiding. It seems a bit primitive in some ways but it's not really worse for it.

I know you said you don't like roguelike or procedural room tile level design, but I never hear anyone talk about WASTED. It's nearly identical to dungeon crawling in Fallout 3, which I have a soft spot for. No VATS, permadeath but a shared safehouse where you store your things from any run, and you "build" your character based on chems you get along the way with either slight bonuses, big negatives, or large tradeoff effects. Sometimes you'll grab a drink that hurts your stats just because your character (or their stuff) is just too good to lose, because getting wasted means you black out and wake up at your safehouse.

They don't sound triggered at all.

If Holla Forums rarely pays for games in the first place, might as well make sure we don't give our money to degenerates.
Don't you know why people tell you to lurk moar?

No it sucks, fuck off shill

OPs screenshot is what a modern "retro" fps looks like when made by a left winger. This is what a modern retro fps looks like when made by right wingers. One limits itself on the perception of the aesthetic "it's supposed to be ugly, it's outdated! get it???" the other respects the limitations, pushes it to its limits, tastefully and subtly expands the limits, and applies meaningful artistic direction to them.

and they aren't charging you a penny to play them.

Dusk doesn't even come close; Modern Quake mappers are absolute masters of their craft.

The boogeyman does bad things, I don't like bad things, so everything I think is bad is done by the boogeyman, proving that the boogeyman did it.