What are some games that I can sink an autistic amount of time into like I've done with vanilla WoW?

What are some games that I can sink an autistic amount of time into like I've done with vanilla WoW?

With Blizzkikes killing off private servers for good with their new cashcow I need to find something else to play. Preferably an online game, but at this point I don't really care anymore. I really need to escape this game so I can avoid feeling the desire to give these cancerous kikes my money for classic WoW.

Other urls found in this thread:

te4.org/download
hooktube.com/watch?v=hxKn8y38SE8
gog.com/game/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri
eu.4game.com/lineage2classic/install/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Classic isn't coming this decade.

TES games, Fallout New Vegas, Witcher 3, Elex.
Might consider installing Legacy of Dragonborn on Skyrim, its an autistic mod for collecting all artifacts in skyrim with incredible longevity of completing it.

Overwatch. If you're stupid enough to still play wow then you'll accept whatever scraps actiblizz throws at you.

I already went through my phase of shitty broken open world RPG's that require you to invest hundreds of hours learning how to get the right combination of mods working to make a passable game.

You could always play FF14.

That's part of their gameplay.

Do you ever get to upgrade the jetpack?

Monster Hunter World just came out. It's pretty fun

Project 1999, it's an Everquest classic server with a large population and some unofficial official support.

EDF 4.1
PSO2
Nioh
Original Doom with mods in multiplayer
Dragon's Dogma
Factorio
Starsector
Rimworld
Grim Dawn/Path of Exile
FFXIV
Warframe
Various 4X games/GSG
Terraria

There's probably more but I can't think of any. Pick your poison.

I was wondering the same, just a MMO game i know nothing about and which i can just explore. I dont particularly care about the gameplay or community as long as it is comfy

What do you want out of an MMO?
I'm Holla Forums's resident Lineage 2 Classic shill and obviously would suggest trying it out if you want a "new" experience in an unplayed MMO, especially if you prefer PvP over PvE. I'd only recommend it if you enjoy multitasking and are severely on the autism spectrum to enjoy the grind it has, though.

The biggest problem I run into are kike business practices that make me stop playing an otherwise fun game. I absolutely loved playing Albion Online, but the game was riddled with one of the most cancerous subscription and pay to win models I've ever seen in a game. To a much less extent I had the same issue with BDO. It was a fun mindless grind, but once I got to a point where I realised my character was completely gimped unless I bought the pets on the store I completely lost interest.

I got the game for $10, and I think the pets were $10 each and might have had some sort of time limit to them as well but I'm not sure. Either way I would have rather paid more money for the base game than deal with essentially being baited into enjoying a game just to have them reel me along for extra purchases.

So with this mindset it's virtually impossible to enjoy any MMO in existence, or really any modern online game what so ever.

This is just about one of the last things I've yet to try. I hear everyone talk about it in the vanilla WoW scene so I think I'll have to jump on it and check it out.

IDK, any shitty game will probably work with how low your standards must be to have played WoW.

Speed running and transioning

Then I found your new home.

You'll need to stay away from free-to-play MMOs or buy-to-play MMOs obviously if you're looking for officially licensed servers and not privates, obviously. If you can appreciate fun mindless grinds and are PvP oriented (as I assume based on you having at least some affection for BDO). You may want to look up some castle siege videos for Lineage 2 Skelth to see if that's something you're interested in.
I'm a returning veteran from Lineage's original run in the golden age and was surprised to see them rerelease, and have been playing on it for like 8 months now. I won't derail your thread anymore unless you'd be interested, so good luck mate.

I was really hyped for WoW Classic even though I'd have to give them my shekels but if it meant to play on stable servers with few chinks selling gold it would be fine. But those stupid cunts are talking about enhanced graphics instead of which patch to start from etc. And from the last interview there is barely any hope from these cunts. Therefor, Kronos III it is.

Lineage looks like some weebshit mobile game man.

Even if they do it perfectly I'm still not very willing to pay for it considering that blizzard has fucked me over and every turn for over a decade now. I'd rather just play better games at this point.

Yeah, it's a pre-WoW Korean grinder subject to the Korean design style of the time on Unreal 2 with none of the QoL comforts known to nu-MMOs. It's certainly not for everyone though, I'll give you that.

You could always try PSO. All these years later, it's still fun.

no

That game's probably comfy as fuck until you pick up the wrong crowd and get snackbarred.

I can already tell the game will be no fun.

It's kinda fun if you know to head straight to the Cleric base and buy the flamethrower, since it is a ridiculously broken weapon that will carry you through the entire game. This lets you completely bypass the fucking horrendous combat. It's not worth the bandwith, don't download this shit.

How about you sink your head into boric acid?

Warhammer Online is back, and it's free now.

do you know where I can find this game?
Is it an official game or are you talking about a private server?

That's a shame, I've had an itch for a big space to explore and already pirated it. Tried it for five minutes and dropped it.

returnofreckoning.com

Even if they did it accurately and even if Blizzard unkiked themselves you still shouldn't bother with official servers because the playerbase will be absolutely terrible. I'd rather deal with chinks and ruskies than your average Blizzdrone.

The game was shut down years ago, this is a fan project.

Mabinogi

Sorta along the same lines as OP, what are some multiplayer games that are fun to sink time into and grind? I used to use FFXIV for this but my friends all kinda fell away from the game. I love grinding in games like that, but without a decent guild or people to play with it can be really ass

Is the Mad Max open world decent? I just want to drive and kill things in a non zany sardonic setting. Fuck you SR3+4+GooH

If that's all your after, it's pretty ok. The grind for all the bases and shit felt really worthless given how little you gain from it all, so it shouldn't be too hard to just zoom thru it and follow the main story if that's all your after.

I genuinely don't understand how someone can place faith in the same studio that destroyed the game in the first place.
ITS FUCKING ACTIVISION-BLIZZARD YOU STUPID CUNTS
These people would bitch about getting hit by a car while they stand in the highway.

The vast majority of people looking forward to it, or even aware of it at all probably, are people who aren't even aware of the game in its preCata state. It has spent the majority of its lifespan since that point.

What would you say is the best drive and explore and possibly shoot game?

Can't say I play too many, but Saints Row 2, I guess

Just beat it with a friend a few days ago, hence my hatred of the sequels.

The game is pretty comfy and there are no snackbars in it.

I remember playing that for about 5 minutes.

TES games
starsector
terraria
the x series
starbound
kenshi
dorf fortress
the final fantasy tactics
openxcom
classic doom
Paradox's grand strategies
Paradox's Hearts of Iron
Master of Orion 2
Space Empires 4
distant worlds: universe
Civilization 2/3/4
Civilization 5
Call to power 2
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Elona
Endless Legend
Endless Space 2
nethack
ADOM

try tales of maj'eyal
you can download the base game for free, with which you can have hundreds of hours of entertainment
te4.org/download

er, also its an ARPG/roguelike hybrid, closer to roguelike

There's a DAoC freeshard with ~1300 pop during EU primetime
The game isn't very friendly to new players.

hooktube.com/watch?v=hxKn8y38SE8
Video is Albion getting fucked by a blue sunday zerg.
That event led albs to try and sneak a relic from the mids and instead we returned to a Midgard-occupied Myrddin with Hibernia down the hill. Our BG was 200 strong and got wiped before having both of our own relics taken (1 by mid, the other by the shroomniggers)

Mad Max and State of Decay are the two that come to mind, but both have serious issues that prevent them from being "great" games. Worth trying though, you might like them.

Holy shit there's DAoC free servers? Fuck me I've been living under a rock.

It sure is fun to """"explore"""" a bunch of sand dunes

Monster Hunter that isn't World.
Another MMO. I'd recommend OSRS. Maybe one of the older MMOs, like EverQuest?
Harvest Moon or similar for comfy grinding.
DQ7, if you enjoy stupid amounts of time wasted for no benefit.

Maybe just use a search engine and type "Games that take a lot of time" and filter out meme results like Dark Souls and MOBAs.
Maybe take up a MOBA if you want to be sure your time is 100% truly wasted.

Is Elex actually fun?
I want to support THQ Nordic, as they have the right idea in the publisher/developer relationship, but I don't want to waste a bunch of my time if it shits the bed halfway through.

no

Broadsword was shitting themselves when Uthgard hit 5000 online

Sounds like my kind of game.

This video maker is pretty good. Thanks.

Path of Exile

You could always try Dota2
.t 3k hours into dota2, it's a great time killer as long as you mentally isolate yourself from your team

Althernatively you can

Okay you have my attention, I used to play C3 years ago.
How do I get into this?

LoL, Mount and Blade, Warframe, Warthunder.

Go play Nioh towards Way of the Nioh difficulty then the Abyss, still playing it today and damn, it's pretty fucking satisfying just like the feeling I got from Demon's Souls and Diablo.

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. It's a RTS like Civilization but it is well worth playing and very fun overall. Boot it up one afternoon and suddenly discover it's morning. Replay value is off the charts. This is legit a game you could sink thousands of hours into. Word of advice: Install the fanpatches (Kyrub's patch for classic game, Yitzi's patch for Alien Crossfire expansion, and then install PRACX for windows compatibility and screen resolution fixes) and play the game in Classic first, not the expansion. The original game is some serious quality science fiction that ranks up with the classics while the expansion drags it down with all the fucking dumb shit they inserted, so you should play it in classic first to experience Alpha Centauri in its full glory and only move on to Alien Crossfire when you want to check out the new shit.

Seriously, play Alpha Centauri. It is fucking good. Quite possibly the best game ever, no joke.

gog.com/game/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri

SMAC thread this way, btw:

You probably meant it as an exaggeration, but you might be right.

I meant TBS, not RTS. I know it's not a RTS by any stretch of the imagination. Just ignore that weird fuck-up of mine. I suppose the term for this kind of dumb shit is "brain fart."

My nigga.
It's not a 1:1 release of old chronicles; it's basically built on the Interlude core (dunno how long you played, but Interlude was the last expansion before NCSoft royally fucked everything up) with some balance changes and additions to make it feel not quite as archaic as it would in the current year.
It's an EU hosted server, so if you're a burger like myself you need to use a VPN to launch the game, at which point you can close said VPN. It's 10 euros a month, which I think is worth it because it has no P2W like current L2, and it's also a decent filter to keep most BR shitters off the server.
Link if you're interested: eu.4game.com/lineage2classic/install/

I'll lurk this thread if you decide to roll there; my main is pretty well off and I can assist you with a buffbot/some gear.

La Mulana
Baten Kaitos
Path of Exile
the Last Remnant
Wizardy series
King's Quest

fuck no

I think it honestly goes beyond themepark and goes to haunted house ride with how little choice you have

Is that why these games sell so well in Germany? In order to escape to a fantasy world where simple public transportation lets you relax?

Yes. Same reason how Sanfran faggots love small town or nature walking simulators so much.

It's still being updated. They work as regular devs for the most part. It's pretty much Warhammer Online Vanilla right now, but it's playable and there's a lot of stuff to do. Just need to populate the server. A shitload of people who used to play WHO think it's gone forever and dont even know this exists.