The Switch is doing extremely well, as you may or may not know it already outsold the WiiU's lifetime sales...

The Switch is doing extremely well, as you may or may not know it already outsold the WiiU's lifetime sales. What I'm interesting in seeing how is what third parties do with it and what Nintendo will make for the platform other than the typical Mario and Zelda games. Hopefully with these numbers we can see them making new entries for Custom Robo, F-Zero and Golden Sun, in addition to dumb shit like Labo. Either way I always knew Nintendo handhelds sold like crazy, but holy shit. This may sound crazy but I kinda expect them to make a Nintendo Switch Pro within a year or two, probably around 2019.

Additionally Xenoblade 2 sold 1 million copies, which is really good for a game like that. Hopefully this will show Nintendo that people don't want changes made specifically for the west nor do they want any creative writing in their localizations. I do worry about third party titles that need 60 to make a profit. I noticed that those games don't seem to do to well on Nintendo's eshop. Either way I hope they give the system a major upgrade this year in terms of its OS in order to keep things fresh.

So Holla Forums, what are your thoughts on the Nintendo Switch's surprising success? I just hope this means Treehouse will fuck off a bit and that we get more niche titles.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/TzCd7
nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html
amazon.com/Customizable-Cardboard-Pinball-Machine-Assembly/dp/B06XRN39MN
archive.is/lhd1i
cpsia.nintendo.com/101760/101760.pdf
nintendotoday.com/nintendo-not-doomed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like it

can't we please just talk about video games for once without some try hard "do I fit in yet" kiddo turning ever thread into reddit?

I want some fucking
VIDEO GAMES
A 3DS with CFW has been pretty bloody good, especially with how cheap they got at the end of their lifespan. Sadly, even if it had the option, the Switch has nothing worth pirating, aside from Odyssey and a couple indieshit games.

I like the concept of being able to take it anywhere too, but at the current, it's a bloody paperweight, just like every current gen system. They learned from Sony that you don't need games to sell a system.

Fine, I'll edit the OP.

It's a Nintendo branded Tegra Tablet with no games that runs multiplats like shit.
What more is there to say?
Nintendo fans and normalfags will fellate it and everyoby else will be laughing and wait for emulation on the 2 half decent exclusives that are more marketed than they are actually good.
Just waiting for Pokemon Switch to be the same exact shit yet with thousands of shilling.

I don't think this will end treehouse. In fact I think they'll be trying harder to ruin games. Unless of course Nintendo finally tells them to fuck off and fires everyone, but I doubt that will suddenly happen.

user, I have 3 games for it already and its the best damn handheld I've ever owned. (granted the last handheld I owned was the Game Gear)

I am looking forward to Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2 &3, and Metriod Prime 4. Xenogears 2 and Mario/Zelda are 2017 GOTY. I also own a Playstation 4, stop being a retarded virgin beta pussy. Get a real job, git /fit/ and buy a Gameing PC and any gaming console you like. Fun games are fun If you don't like a video game, quite trying to shitposting as a downvote like a fedora tipping redditor hide the thread and fuck off.

The next Nintendo console is going to be the Wii U all over again, isn't it?

You are casual normalfag. Clearly you don't know that mobile gaming is shit onot only because of microtransactions shit. Its zero investment allowing you to whip it out why you fucking feel like it.
Yeah, no.
Now I'll wait my ban because criticisms of trash is bannable.

You fucking disgust me. I have a switch too and I like it, but consoles (and handhelds) are measured by their library. Not the fact it has a giant screen and interesting controllers. The Switch has fucking lightyears to go before it even approaches the greatness of the DS line.

I wish he could delete himself

Console wars never should've been banned in the first place. Console wars are discussions about the objective quality of one console over another, and/or the objective quality of a PC over a console.
Console wars being deemed "cancerous" is what I'd call the worst thing to ever happen to Holla Forums, no exaggeration.

That's not console wars.
Console wars are when fanboys ignore the disadvantages of their machine to proclaim that it has all the best games of the generation on it or when anybody says anything positive about the Xbone

user but if you don't like this topic then just ignore the topic. Every Bloodborn thread, Mario Odyssey, ect thread gets shiposted to death by fags crying about consoles. Can't we just talk about video games for once? Its absolutely retarded that we allow people to shit up every thread with this stale old bait.

not my thread kid.

See, this is an example of fanboying console war bullshit.

user, I don't think you understand. "Console wars" is when an user starts a thread with the OP "Sonyggers BTFO" with a picture of Mario holding two games in his hand and a PS4 crying in the corner like a cuck.
It's another thing to start a thread with the OP "Let's have a discussion about the libraries of both the PS4 and the Switch. If I like (x), which one do you anons feel would be more appropriate for me to buy?"
But of course, cuckchan shitters have no idea what the fuck a quality thread is and couldn't make one to save their fucking life, so you tell me which scenario I posted happens 99% of the time and why it's banned.

user, Video games.

Shut up fag. Maybe Switch threads are shitposted to death because the console has yet to prove itself?

If you don't like a thread there is a filter feature to hide it. If you don't like Switch or PS4 games then just hide and ignore theme. Sorta like how I am going to filter your ID :^)

I've seen with my own two eyes, a thread like that get deleted for being console war shit.

Can't a man dream?

Then why are faggots having buyers remorse and whining for third party games on it like the wii u?

Kill yourself nigger shill

Bait or not, threads like this should still be allowed. There is nothing inherently wrong with making a thread like that.

Yes, hide threads and posts, ignore opinions you don't like goyim.
I genuinely believe the option to hide threads should be removed.

Are you underage? Nintendo fanboys have been doing that since the original Wii.

Shill harder, kike.

Point taken. But if you haven't played the games then by what metric are your judging it?

And you realize this is a broader issue in general that also leads to other threads being shit on. Just look at any game that is Sony exclusive. If one didn't know any better you would imagine neo/v/ was full of redditors who actually love Skyrim and listen to TotalBiscuit religiously. This position I'm taking is more a meta post in regards to general habits.

sage as a down vote.

Console wars are cancer because we live in an unprecedented era of hardware standardization. There is such little difference between the consoles and other platforms that what really sets a console apart from another isn't that you can see every fucking pore in the tranny main character's skin on one console and only 99.9% of the pores on another console. It's the exclusives. Now, tell me, where are all the exclusives?

Oh right, that's the Nth repetition of the 3D Mario formula done to death. Metroid Prime 4 is highly likely to be another letdown.

And why the fuck would I want a Xbox One or a PS4 when I have a perfectly functional PC?

Proof?

Sexy

I personally like the system, however it's not really worth it in terms of original content yet. There are good games for the system however most of them are ports of games that you could really only play on a PS4 or PC. Mind you these are smaller games like Sonic Mania and Shantae. I wouldn't recommend the system for someone who doesn't like Xenoblade or Mario.

How about YOU explain to ME what's wrong with making a thread like that.
This is Holla Forums. You don't HAVE to make arguments here. Where do you thing you are, faggot?

Snork

I can see a switch pro in a few years. Tablets are highly iterative technology, the thing is consoles are seen as their own technology niche, they aren't like the phone or tablet market where you can make a new one that'll sell hundreds of millions, you have to make one, prove its value, and continually engage the audience. It's why the xbone is failing, why the wii u failed, and why the ps4 and switch are record breaking sales machines.

the game had its changes in localization, as far as nintendo knows people just don't like treehouse. as far as I can tell, Monolith soft is still churning out mediocrity of the likes of XBC, XBCX, and they aren't looking good. Apart from Octopath Traveler, I haven't seen the system prove it has any third party strength apart from a few ports.

so you can own your games and play the many games that are better on console/not on PC.

Why bother when he can wait 5 years for an emulator and play all of those games for free? So he can "own" them?

I am not judging the games themselves. They could be amazing, but a console isn't good enough if it only has 3 games to its name. Its why everyone laughs at the Xbone because it has no worthwhile games that sets it apart from anyone else.
Depends entirely on the game. Ace Combat 7 is exclusive yet anons are very optimistic about it.

still waiting to emulate JSRF and ninja gaiden black, right?

Well there's Xenoblade 2, Kirby: Star Allies, Shin Megami Tensei V, Bomberman, Bayonetta 3 and No More Heroes on the horizon. The 3DS had a worse start and now look at it.

Not at all, why?

not the point, thousands are and they say the same thing. It'll be emulated eventually. It took 12 years for PS3 emulation to seem possible, and not exactly well done just yet. 5 years is a stupid underestimation when the reality seems to be 10 years if ever.

What's the rush? By the time you catch up to one old console, another's being emulated. 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, none of it matters.

some people play these things while they're relevant, instead of playing catch up. Not everyone is as poor as you and can afford it.

Only poorfags waste money on electronic toys.

Man I just want a new pokemon game with cool and cute mons.
Sun & Moon was such a dissappointment

Yeah, that game was terrible.

weak deflection, see me after class

You sound like middle class faggots getting uppity about spending their Arby's check on a $60 video game. Instead of spending money, I can just get it for free and utilize my reserves for something that actually matters, like literally anything else. Why don't you go buy board games every weekend and justify it with "I-I'm not a poorfag!"

It was my own thread user, someone was bitching about the image so I changed it.

Your thread is shit.

woah

Most likely they don't know how to pirate, and I don't even think PS4 has piracy.

It's recent, but it is possible to do it. A total pain in the ass, but it's doable.
archive.fo/TzCd7

Why?
Whatever man, have fun with your thread
Not gonna bother saying my grievances with the thing since I know it'll get banned and deleted even if its legitimate and well-spoken which I usually aim to do, I only rarely shitpost

I'll talk with your grievances in the meta thread, this isn't the place for it.

I was referring to my grievances with the switch you shit

Thats nice, since i make more money than you because I don't have a job at arbys like you do, i have plenty to spend. I also like owning my games so using steam would be a waste of time.

You aren't very smart. Do you always go into console threads to show off how much of a dumbass you are?

Sorry Mark, but I'm still not going to buy it.

the only stand out thing about it is that you can take it off the TV stand thing and into the bathroom when you have to take a shit but don't want to stop playing.

It's just a console, nigger, stop shilling.

Yeah I'm not gonna pay $300 just to pirate the only game the PS4 has (BB).

But Battleborn is already free to play

Is xenoblade supposed to be an Anime? It's filled with Anime tropes.

I have no idea what the tone is supposed to be since it's been so jokey jet serious.

user what will you do when SHTF?

Treehouse is boned. They tried to adapt the game for the west, in their shitty SJW and memetastic way, and it bombed. From what I saw, XCX sold half of what XC2 sold. Not only that, Wii U was more or less Treehouse and NoA's chance to prove they could make things happen. And Wii U bombed, specially because they had such a focus on games that didn't take advantage of the game pad. XCX could have been a great game if Treehouse didn't ruin it. It had exploration that was way better than shit games like Skyrim. It used the game pad well. There was a ton of content in the game. And Treehouse memed it up and shit all over it.

I can guarantee you the businessmen at Nintendo looked at how NoA handled localization, and NoE, and compared sales, and realized NoA was localizing games in a way that people didn't like.

You say that, but we're already getting a Bayo 3 and a new Metroid Prime. Nintendo is releasing their flagship titles quickly. By next holiday, we'll have

What are they going to have in 2019 for first party titles? Only thing I can think of that's missing is Smash Bros. Nintendo is releasing first party games so quickly, they'll have to dig deep into their IP to find more first party games, or they'll have to start re-releasing in a series. I.E. we get a new Zelda, Mario Kart, DKC, etc.

Play vidya right up until the point someone bursts into my house or nuclear bombs instantly vaporize me?

They still need Animal Crossing, two actual installments of Fire Emblem (you only mentioned one), two to three generations of Pokemon, a 2D Mario, one or two Zelda Spinoffs, an Animal Crossing Spinoff, a Tomodachi game, some Mario Spinoff (most likely Luigi's Mansion) and whatever Retro Studios is making.
F-Zero is the only one of the series that user mentioned that could actually make a comeback. Golden Sun is dead, however, just like Mother.

disgusting

Do you know what Flagship means?

Yeah that's one of the things I'm holding out for. The other is there are just no games on it that I'm interested in right now.
I just don't like the Switch's form factor. It's hard for me to get past that as well.

Could be worse, he could have bought a PS4 or Xbox.

PS4
Nintendo Switch

It's a port of A-Train 9 V4.0 which is actually already available in english and on the PC, so it's not really an exclusive or a special port in anyway since the VR mode is just the first person mode on the PC
The PC version doesn't have Denuvo
Come on son, you know there is better things you can list. You don't have to list kusoge

Is console J-Stars shit? I thought the promos in magazines looked good.

As it stands at the moment, it has more value to those who do not own a wiiu. It does look like the console will get proper cfw and they found a hardware exploit which would only be fixable through a hardware revision.

3ds slashed its price to 170 and gave all early adopters broken gba games.

NoA is far from dead, what might happen is reggie get "relived" fired and replaced with either bill or armtower who is probably worse not out of the shit house yet.

It dragonball botokai. The ds game is still king.

Everyone already knows of Bloodborne and, EDF 5 and Iron Rain will come to PC due to how well 4.1 sold too. There's also a Gundam game coming out this year but I don't know anything about it or care for the franchise.

This shit reads like a fucking add.
That being said I got burned on the wiiu so I'm waiting, I want splatoon 2. Might just emulate seeing as how its coming along.

It's a shame that they made another handheld.

>no handheld-style games to speak of aside from ports of good metroidvanias

Does this thing have any games yet?

Now this is shilling

No one listens to you anyway.

what episode?

There is no such thing. Maybe self-published, somewhat risky titles like what witcher 3 was at the time, but even then the pricetag is partly due to greed.

MONKEY"s PAW user

Console warriors are pathetic

Episode 44 or 45, I forget which. Baby Vegeta 2.0 mini arc.

Holy shit, the Switch has around 16 million unit sales and it technically hasn't even been a year yet. I hope we get some new games soon. What about a Switch Mon hun?

Those are ports retarded duck channer

Wait scratch that, it was episode 31. Those two episodes blur together to me for some reason.

You mean FAR? It works on cracked versions too, how do you not know about this?

To those that actually bought this shit or have friends or acquaintances or little cousins that own it not Mark, what exactly is even the selling point of the damn thing? It can't be just the three good games (Mario Odyssey, BotW and Splatoon 2) now can it?
I'm not trying to bait or anything, I'm just genuinely curious as to why so many people flocked to it when it appears to me, as an outside observer, that it has the same issues the Wii U had.

It's called Brand Loyalty.

Sony's shilling out serious money to prevent that from happening, hence why World wasn't on it, yet a port of XX was.
Pretty sure the next one will make its' way to Switch, whatever it is.

It's the same concept as the Vita - play all the big AAA games everywhere. It's why people find mediocre to bad multiplat performance to be acceptable. And of course, Zeldo, Mario and Skyrim helped.

Thanks! I wanted to skip watching the BoG and RF arcs

I like Mario and I spend 3 hours a day on the bus. I didn't even like Skyrim Zelda edition or Loli console shooter but I am more than pleased with my Switch.

Pathetic

It's got a few games that are fun to play. That's it. That's the appeal. In a few years, it will have a nice library of decent titles and probably a lot of shovelware too, but the reason people buy consoles is to play the games one them. Tons of people bought a PS4 when it had fucking nothing else worth playing because it had Bloodborne and that was enough appeal for them.

Fags with no taste and have to have Nintendo’s dick in their mouths all the time.

It only takes proper marketing to make a console sell well.

This isn't the case, Nintendo has a standard for sales, that the price of an e-title has to be the same as the price of the physical title, if the physical title is offered.
This is ostensibly to protect their overwhelming brick-and-mortar dominance in Japan, since they're pretty much the only thing keeping those stores open; Nintendo's model is much heavier on first-party accessories and physical baubles. It may also be a bid to reel back in places like E.B. Games or Gamestop as physical sales drop for other consoles, an incentive to stock and shill Nintendo.

Haha, manlet.

Sad!

See, I could buy into that for the Wii U, but the Switch has even LESS to offer. It stops being brand loyalty and it starts being mental retardation.

This seems to be the most logical explanation, so it really is a way for people to play Skyrim on the go? Also, I recall there being a handful of Wii U vidya catering to children that they just couldn't get enough of, is there such an equivalent for the Switch?
Has anyone even played 1-2 Switch?

So you own just a single game?

They said the exact same thing for the Wii U and all Nu-tendo did was some ports and Bayonetta 2.
As far as I know PSN had a huge backlog of older titles you could play on most older consoles interchangeably and the PS4 didn't really kick in with the sales until it became DweebStation and their American branch started porting a lot of weird Japanese games.

Can you please fuck off back to 4chan?

Consoles are the worst form of DRM faggot.

It has one of the best launch years in console history faggot. By that logic why would anyone buy any console ever

its cuckchan you nigger
Halfchan is also acceptable

I have many games on it, just not Splatoon or Zelda.

Hi Holla Forums

Kek.

spicy

Why are you samefagging?
Is cuck chan invading again?

The Switch basically started off the same as the WiiU. Also

Mark, is that you? :^)

Best episodes are always the episodes where they fuck around. The more pointless, the better. As if it was a comedy or something.

I'm really surprised the switch sold as well as it has. I actually don't know why people "like it". I guess tablet magic is real.

Fuck, you just had to remind me.

It's pretty obvious samefagging. Once I learned that I decided to stop giving (You)s. Ignore and he will go back to his shitty console war board on halfchan.

Ports, ports, and an occasional "HD" remaster. You're not actually expecting them to utilize the unique features, are you?
Mario, Zelda, Kirby, pokeshit. Also ports. Same as every other Nintendo system of the last 23 years. I hope you're not waiting for F-Zero or 2D Metroid.
>Post last edited
Oh hi Mark

your posts read like a shill's and there's more proof to that than anyone samefagging in this thread
People (1) shitpost in shit threads all the time, have you never been in a Steam thread?

this shitty tablet
it already peaked in sales and now its downhill from here
hopefully it finally drains niptendo once and for all

Too obvious user. Learn to samefag better. Especially after the Sony shilling going on.

This is weak.

What's wrong "user"? Am I not included in the ebin samefag brigade anymore? :^)
You're responding to (1)s who will never respond back (or they might just to see how long they can string you along for laughs) after you just said you wouldn't give them any (you)s
You're only contributing to this thread ending up as shit by doing this, you know

he really is autistic

citation needed, nintencuck

Here you go, shitposter-kun.
nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

No,

This is. It's very clear and obvious. He is even using Cuckchan memes.

3/10.

You aren't very bright, and this thread will only go to shit faster.
Keep posting though, I'm behind 10 Holla Forums premium accounts, you'll never find all the IDs.

Even a retard can see babies first day on Holla Forums.

The absolute state of Nintendo, they really lost everything after 2008-9 I guess
Thank god for the 3DS's success and for their sake the Switch's or else they'd have been fucked, the Wii U sold barely over 1/10 of the Wii and the 3DS didn't even sell half the DS

Definition of not-an-argument. You have no evidence and I'm willing to bet that hotpockets are afraid to post those faggots' post histories because they are actual users who just shitpost in retarded threads like these
Feel free to flail wildly and call samefag though. I'm sure that won't backfire like it did on Cakejew.
I still have an apology from him after his fucking embarrassment of a banning spree after doing the exact same thing you're doing now

It's clearly just one samefag cuckchanner. Ignore it and he will go back.

Not released yet
The PC version doesn't have Denuvo
Has PS3 port
Has PS3 port

You also skipped Splatoon 2, ARMS, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the Switch.

Is that loss?

I think the consoles they were released on had more to do with that user

This must be what they meant by "naming the soy".

Then maybe you should go back to cuckchan then so everyone is happy.

Back to cuckchan with you, then. There were actually funny Labo edits in the initial thread the Bane one comes to mind, but no, you faggots resort to posting shitty halfchan maymays.

That just shows that anyone who buys a console at launch is absolutely retarded. Every console also tends to be upgraded at least once if its successful enough, which makes buying the original version more pointless.

Mark's only desire is to have the most active board. In order to achieve this, don't ban redditors and/or cuckchan kids. And he is succeeding

Most of the "upgrades" don't really help. Look at the PS4 pro which actually runs many games worse.

This was only true with the DS which was bad enough, every "upgrade" from previous consoles didn't touch the game performance of the games.
This Pro/XboneX is kike tier shit and so will be the Switch+

This guy has to be a nigger for sure.

"Hurr this new handheld that does everything better than my 25 year old piece of garbage is the best handheld"

Fuck off.

You have to go >>>/back/
you're right though

I think that's great, I like that the Switch is existing as a compliment to my gaming PC, and haven't been able to give a single fuck about other consoles having been an idort last gen, it really is pathetic. Nintendo better actually put some effort in to releases, sure having just one platform will mean that they won't have to develop a handheld Mario Kart, and a home console Mario Kart, same goes for other titles but I really want those savings in development put into more games and preferably more IPs.

Third Parties don't care, they already don't like Nintendo and have really done a poor job of supporting the Switch so far in spite of it's success, and I don't think this will change. The only saving grace here is that with both the handheld and home development teams on one platform the Switch should have a good library, especially compared to the other (current gen) platforms in the not too distant future.

The first half of 2018 is pretty shit, really doesn't instill much confidence in spite of what I said.

It's amazing how angry the Switch makes cuckchanners.

I was also an Idort last gen but it's very difficult to justifying buying a console that is exactly like a worse PC besides maybe 1 or 2 exclusives. It's why I bought A vita

Except I only quickly skim the catalog page to see if they're coming here.
Next you'll tell me lurking NeoFag and Resetera makes me a Neofaggot.
Next you'll tell me the anons who made an account on ResetEra to create havoc are Neocolytes.
Get real, cuckchan is a shithole where discussion is nearly impossible and that's exactly what you faggots are doing with your cuckchan memes and console wars.
Making discussion impossible, hopefully Mark bans you all on sight because since the Labo announcement discussion here has been extremely stifled and full of shitposting.
I've been shitting on Nintendo since the start of this thread, I don't do consoles cuckchaim.

Bullshit, I even mentioned that the mods banned a fifth of the board which never happened here yet
How new are you?

Don't forget to share the screncap on Reddit for upboats.

Buying consoles for future content is fucking retarded though.

Yeah, it's pretty bad, although Microsoft made a good move and just started to release their games on PC, I hope Sea of Thieves is good.

No, I brought it for current content.

Yeah but they are on their own shitty store so no one hears of it. When was the last time you heard a PC gamer talk about Halo wars 2?

Yes. You spent the entire thread talking about cuckchan and how much you post there and you respond to every single person who so much as makes a passing mention of the soyboy/soyjak meme. You're going full rottenredditor at this point.

Lurk, not post.

Halo Wars was never good, why would anyone talk about the sequel? I'm interested in Sea of Thieves though, and I'd jizz if Phil Spencer got his way and released Xbox/360 backwards compat on PC.

even after you shat up whole thread with your butthurt about a wojak meme which is from krautchan, (and that it is posted on 4chan doesnt change that fact), even after mod lift up your 24 ban you go back into derailing.
you need to go back, cuckchanner

Are you implying the Labo deserves to talked about other then the fact that its overpriced cardboard?

how isn't this faggot ban on sight like manlet tears was on halfchan 5 years ago?

Whole Market is kind of like that.

amazon.com/Customizable-Cardboard-Pinball-Machine-Assembly/dp/B06XRN39MN

Yeah fuck off, nuke thread please Mark/Vol.

I think its gamezard

Gamezard? I've been gone for a few months, I don't know who you are talking about.

Stop replying niggers

I fucking wish. Never ever ever. Series is dead as fuck and I don't think Nintendo's even aware that the Gamecube game has fans in the West. The only way it can happen is if Nintendo re-releases it on the VC or something and it does unexpectedly well.
Nintendo knows they can't beat Sega at it so they won't try. Hope exists for GX or AX HD, but not much more than that.
The DS game killed the series. It will literally never come back. Best you'll get is Isaac continuing to be an AT in Smash.

just some faggot who a few months ago while doing the same thing he is in this thread defended somebody who has over 6000 games on steam but hasn't even played 1% of them. A few people connected the dots realized that gamezard is just defending himself. History of console war shitposting, really hates consoles, but loves PC gaming and has no sense of irony. Has admitted to using a VPN to ban evade and provide the illusion of popular support for his own shitposts, lashes out at Japanese things and is incredibly mad someone made fun of mount & blade a year ago, so much so he still posts the posts that hurt his feelings in a crusade against some guy who doesn't like mount & blade.

thats the story of it, he's a manlet tears tier lolcow and is incredibly easy to milk.

I corrected myself in the next post.

You need to get help. You should spend time with close friends and family. You're starting to worry me.

People deserve to be bullied to death for buying that crap.

That's pretty pathetic.

Tell me why it's flawed. I fucking knew someone who loved it and I got skeptical at the game.

keep an eye out, although it's interesting to see mark deal with him in one of his own threads. Usually Mark's solution to his shitposts is to delete the entire thread and start it over.

I wouldn't expect much from third parties, it's already looking like a shitting house for ports and retro bait.

Muh ports

But 3rd parties make ports user.

In addition to this, OP is clearly forgetting the Wii era (probably too young to remember it seeing as he's a Nintendo fanboy). The Wii was a system that sold like crack laced pancakes. It's library ended up being comprised almost entirely of shovelware with the usual Nintendo first party games and a handful of outliers like Xenoblade. The moral of the story is that system sales don't always guarantee the system will have a good library.

Most devs are saying their games on the switch are selling very well and the hardware is a lot easier to code for. That is what determines 3rd party support.

Jesus fuck, that's the goodest of goys right there.
Playing devil's advocate here,but there's always a sperg trying to derail the M&B generals by stating M&B has shit combat

Reminds me of those coloring book for "Adults"

I wouldn't even care if the main peripherals weren't motion controller shit,the Wii had some good games.

This is why E3 is always a guaranteed boring shitfest.

Novelty and the fact that the Switch barely has any games yet.
On the long term though, once more indies start porting to the Switch and competition starts getting heated they'll see less revenue.
I'm sure the games selling well will be prevalent on the long term in Japan though, the mobileshit craze is still strong and they love their handhelds, PS Vita games still being made and selling well is proof of that.

Just checked
He has 832 games
You have to go >>>/back/

You're posts are low effort

Shit

Wait, why did my post got deleted? Can I cry like a bitch at anything that offends me and get it deleted too?

You're doing it right now
Congrats

You're in a Nintendo thread, who do you think is watching it like a hawk?
Who can't fucking distinguish regular criticism from "console war faggotry"?
You answer will determine how fast you get deported.

Good boy, now report me so your feefees don't get hurt.

This is pretty pathetic samefagging

Two people just can't possibly agree on something or anything like that, huh? It HAS to be samefagging.

>Two people who post exactly like the cuckchan niggers shitting up the board
Pure (((coincidence))) I'm sure

Kill yourself schizo, i'm done with this.

PC isn't a great answer. Current year PC games consist of western AAA cancer and broken ports, complete with denuvo and 0 physical copies of anything.
The parts are overpriced as fuck thats to cryptofags, and then you have shit like Intel crippling their CPUs for security reasons. If you're going to get raped to play vidya, PC is the most painful route to take.

Really joggins your noggins. Anyway back on topic, I'd like to see a new StarTropics. Especially since Zelda is shit.

So why is the thread still up?

ROB is still here. He still exists.
ROB never left

AAA cancer is on all platforms
And somehow still run and play better than their console versions
A console is hardware and software locked and Denuvo can be cracked
My HDD and the countless key resellers say otherwise
Something that will last half a year if that, just like 2013
No thanks
Yeah, all the pirated free games, compatibility with older games and better performance are truly painful, I should just buy a modern X86/ARM PC lite device to pay for an Internet service yearly and buy all my games which will run like shit.
Than you merchant, you truly are my greatest ally.

Right after a new Advance Wars user

Switch paid online is coming this September it seems
archive.is/lhd1i

Fucking how? It still amazes me. Consolefags would pay for air if they could.

It's honestly funny how that works. It's literally all about advertising. Mario getting a 97 average score is only good for nintendo because it makes advertising easier. This is true for the ps4 as well which spends far more on advertising than microsoft or nintendo.

At least I got to play sploon 2 for a while, at the very least maybe they'll do free weekends but what is even out that's local on switch? I'm selling mine if it's just going to go in the "I'm an idiot and all these games need online or are better on PC" Box in my closet.

If anything you can still hack it

Nintendo is already making profits comparable to the Playstation brand with the Switch and all this without paid online, the Playstation brands biggest single money maker that also has a massive profit margine, Nintendo should reconsider paid online as a service and instead just sell some kind of subscription to something else, I'd pay money if it meant Nintendo would hire a small development studio to port old games to newer hardware instead of emulating archaic hardware.

Mmmmm.

I'm curious to know if the success of the Nintendo Switch is going to inspire copycat tablets with similar controlers.

Well when it started on XBL, paying customers received great friend list, party, and chat services, and the ability to seamlessly jump in and out of matchmaking games with your group of friends without any confusing bullshit. It took PlayStation years to finally copy their persistent party chat system, PC programs still attempt to be PC's equivalent and fail, and Nintendo offers exactly none of what XBL had. At least the first people to pay for online got something out of the deal.

Unless Homebrew is going to be a thing there's no point. What would even be the point of pirating a game that is missing a good 50-75% of it

Undoubtedly this will be the case.

Just like any PC game ever.

Autism has reached critical mass.

I can't wait for Popstation bootlegs and the knock-off android tablets to flood the market.

Does MK8 Deluxe Lan mode work with LAN over internet emulators?

Why?
All the fantards will buy into it, they know this and they want to make money, it's as simple as that really.

Fair enough

How old are you that you don't even know what Xfire, Ventrilo and Gamespy are?
Holy shit

Forgot embed

you're trying too hard

Gamespy sucks though.

No. On PC gaming, the online multiplayer experience varies wildly on a per-game basis. For a thing like persistent party chat to exist on PC, you and all your friends have to first agree on which of the many voice chat options you're going to use, some of which require… what? PAYING? The free ones require more setup and tech know-how than most gamers care to get into, or are literally spyware like disagreement and Skype. If you use the game's voice chat, then it's not persistent and you have to agree what you're going to play before hand via a different chat service.
I know I'm right because countless programs have attempted to be "the Xbox live of PC" but they all failed because the PC environment has so much freedom of choice that the userbase can't decide on one. The closest thing that exists is steam and it's a fucking hassle to start a voice chat in that. The good days of Xbox live were like
It was down right fucking elegant.

Oh there's no reason why, paid subs is big money, I'd just rather pay money and get something in return instead of pay money for something you were already giving me.

Holy shit lol, disagreement autocorrected to "disagreement."

Alright fuck off cake jew with the word filter.
D I S C O R D
how am I supposed to shit talk something if you give it "he who shall not be named" status?

Most PC games supported in game voice chat and even then it's not hard to just tell all of your friends to download skype. Are you saying it's really worth it to spend 8$ a month because your friends are too stupid to download a voice program?

I know what they are. Fucking dead.

XBL is $5 per month, when you buy 12 months at a time (like literally everyone who uses it). Don't try to be a cherrypicking little cunt because the 3 month cards cost more, it's called unit pricing.

Epic, also teamspeak still works fine.

Back to >>>/cuckchan/ normalfag

So does XBL

You're so fucking new it hurts
Back in 2002 shit was already so streamlined a boomer could use.
You're either extremely new or fucking delusional.
Keep paying for that shit service you brainwashed little turdbucked.

Nintendo doesn't care though

Today

Who gives a shit?
They're paywalling online access for no reason and their centralized system is compromised 3 times a year.

Kek.

For comparison to my earlier post about XBL being a good chat service, I'll post my experience with PC multiplayer gaming.
I've been through every chat service the PC has to offer and at least one of my friends has a problem with each one. This environment is shit. The worst part is I don't pay for XBL anymore because the xbone was a piece of shit and I didn't buy one, and neither did anyone I know. I only play games on PC but I have to put up with this garbage to do it. I want to go back to the days where everyone just automatically joined each other when they turned the console on, and agreed that we were gonna play Halo. But Microsoft had to fuck that up too and now I won't touch the series with a 10 foot pole.

My argument was never that XBL was 100% worth the money, but that AT LEAST the people paying for it got SOMETHING. I was willing to pay the price of a game per year to have all my friends in one place, and no bullshit to deal with.
PSN paled in comparison and was justly free for a long time and only began charging when they finally got their shit together, and with Nintendo it's looking like you get absolutely nothing for your cash.

The better it does the sooner Nintendo announces the XL version that addresses people's biggest problems with the handheld.

I think that, if that happens, they'll probably get Nvidia to unfuck the backdoors they had in the Tegra chip, or at least try, assuming it's possible.

How I miss it so.

Sounds like your friends are fucking stupid.
Yet he uses Jewgle Hangouts
Yes, it's a videogame for playing not your fucking social network.
You're retarded. Tell me what game you're playing that isn't on Steam.

Not only are you a retard but also a liar
Thank's for proving me right, get the fuck out of here.

I want Nintendo to succeed so they can have enough money to take risks with new IPs or bring back F-Zero or another Golden Sun

If an XL version comes out I hope it'll at least have better performance. You'd think Nintendo would care about that in current year. Though, none of the competitors do either

You can shitfling all you want but I'm telling the truth and this is why consolefags stick to consoles. People want familiarity and convenience. PC ecosystem does everything in its power to prevent these things. Nintendo seems to as well, which is why their paid online will fail miserably.

Because they don't have any money now and haven't taken bigger risks than those right?

Was the lobotomy painful?

Welcome brother. to /nintendo/

I hope you're willing to pay 100 dollars more for 10 more FPS.

Reminder that my 13 year old cousin can use a computer better than you.
Reminder that I could do it at 12 years of age
Reminder that you're as dumb as rock and that your own stupidity and stubbornness are the only things preventing you from joining a VOIP with no issues.
Not the ecosystem, not the streamlining, not the non existant issues.
It's all you, nowadays especially, it's all you.
You can't click two buttons on a browser, that's how dumb you are.

Dude, reddit is more defensive to Nintendo than every fanboy in this site combined, if you criticize you are banned. Please know how redditors actually are and stop turning them into some boogeyman.

i need more pics like the first one, user-chan.

This is actually pretty surprising. I figured the ps4 was the top in terms of sales.

Is 225£ for a Switch with MArio Kart, 1-2 Switch and Rocket League downloaded to it a good deal?

I can't make my mind up

Depends if you like Mario Kart or Rocket League. 1-2 Switch is ok if you have kids.

Won't you have to use the account of the guy who downloaded the games, else not have access to them?

Every single switch thread this whiny faggot comes in with his stupid Nintendo Tablet meme shitting up the thread and acting like Nintendo raped his dog, I don't know why you respond to him.

I like both but already own Rocket League on PC.

How do game purchases work for the switch? Are they tied to the account of the previous owner? If so can I change his email?

I'm sure it's much easier to deal with PC multiplayer when you have no friends, I can see how you prefer it.

More like nintendo is a dog that raped him.

You can create your own account and make purchases with that.
If you change switches you get the games from the profile as well.

If they were physical carts it'd be worth it because you could sell them and get good games
isn't that then just regular Switch price? Its not worth it

They are the richest company in Japan and they still haven't taken those risks at fucking all

But what about the games already downloaded to it?
Do they go if the account is gone?

They're downloaded. The console on its own costs 280

Because ignoring him will just attract cancer just like him.
Ignoring SJWs as well won't make them go away.

Not an argument you literal
You really don't know where you are do you?
>>>/cuckchan/

Only if he transfers his account to a new switch and both Switches agree to it.

that's hot

Pretty much

I legit can't understand if people that say shit like this actually think about it before writing.

Realistically, do you think any of these games are system sellers? Seriously. How many people do you think are going to buy these, or even buy a console for them?
You have to realise how entirely pointless it would be to spend precious development time and power on games that will not help bring more consumers right at the start of a system's life.

Nintendo hasn't developed any of these titles because they're not retards, they understand the market they operate in.

The entire point of the argument was social interaction. If you want to play games alone, any platform is equal in that regard. Services like XBL make having friends easy. It's convoluted on PC. It's impossible on Switch. Suck my dick.

Next you're going to tell me 1-2 Switch took years to make

Jesus Christ man use those fucking neurons

That actually would be hard since 3D printing takes an eternity. It sure is a good thing there's numerous older methods of forming plastic into a shape that AREN'T 3D printing. Your point stands but try not to sound like an idiot next time before you tell someone else to use their neurons.

Doesn't really make a difference does it
Point taken though

maybe because the Wii was shit too

This time, they didn't self sabotage and devs and studios aren't abandoning them before the console is even out.

What the fuck?
This seems sketchy. More importantly it sounds fucked wherever you're living if that's the normal price of it. Thats 40% more than what it costs in the States, the fuck?
I guess if that's a deal for you, get it but do your research
It'll be hacked with CFW soon so it might make for an acceptable emulation machine, though I don't know about the quality of the screen for that

Yeah,and after you got BTFO by being a literal retard you're now using ad hominem by trying to mock someones lack of social skills, which isn't my case, but nobody here gives a fuck about.
Just like any other VOIP program
No, you're just a literal fucking retard that can't handle installing one of major normalfag programs and running them by pressing two buttons
How you can handle playing on dedicated servers is surprising, how you managed to start posting on imageboards is beyond my comprehension
A literal fag too apparently

You sure showed me
This is nothing but fucking shilling at this point

>Nintendo shouldn't pander at all to their old and likely loyal audience, a few possible losses is too much for them
Fuck you, you're cancer and enabling faggots like you are the reason we don't get nearly as much games as we used to

Fuck you nintendo, I'm still not giving you my shekels. I'm emulating your shit forever.

Oh yeah, almost forgot
Back to >>>/cuckchan/ troglodyte

Welcome to every single purchase outside of the US
We get constantly fucked

This honestly shows how little you know of how either Nintendo operates or how games are made.

As shown by many previous E3s, Nintendo constantly has small teams working on test games. This can be seen, in recent memory. from that minigame that ended up in Star Fox and the whole of Arms. Some of these games end up becoming new IPs, others never end up being anything.

This basically means that for the past decade, if not more, Nintendo has probably been making a ton of small demos that they never released. They saw this, and made the good business decision to release these.
As you, and many others pointed out, cardboard is EXTREMELY cheap. This is not any kind of investment in either money or time (which for them is more important at the moment).

The low quality figurines are, of course, not produced by Nintendo themselves. I have no idea how someone would actually think that Nintendo creates these things themselves, but yet here we are.

cpsia.nintendo.com/101760/101760.pdf

They are manufactured on masse in China, these require an extremely small production and design cost, and sell like hotcakes all over the world.
This is why they're selling this stuff, because it's ridiculously cheap and doesn't take them any precious time to make.

Any idiot that thinks goodwill should come before actually getting a foothold of the market has honestly no place to speak about stuff like this.
Stuff like this will come, eventually, doing it now, after the disastrous lifespan of the WiiU and risking precious earnings that can keep the company afloat would be idiotic.

Why not just ask for free games then? Like are you serious with this shit? They should put their whole company at risk because you're spent the past 20 years playing their games?

Actually, as further proof, this was presented in 2014. It's also incredibly similar to the robot game Nintendo is releasing with Labo.

Anyone supporting Nintendo at this point is helpless

also
This cardboard shit reminds me of all the cheap plastic shit they sold to attach to the Wiimote (tennis-racket, golf-club, etc)

But at least that was plastic, this shit will break/tear/wear-down within 6 months

Holy shit, it's a literal shill

Not even going to try to make an argument that actually makes logical sense?
Why even bother posting if you're just going to get butthurt and scream shill left and right?

Christ man you've got 28 posts how fucking autistic you wanna get?

implying they haven't been risking their company for the last 20 years with stupid decisions

I can't tell if I'm talking to children or adults with aspergers

The only actual wrong decisions in this list was the WiiU and probably the N64 carts (although they had their reasons and managed to not be affected by the raging unregulated piracy that affected all the other consoles in the 90s).

I wonder if I paid you enough money, would you piss on Iwata's grave?

This cat is beautiful.

Agreed. I love Nintendo's IPs. Nintendo consoles were my first console of choice growing up. Every time Nintendo puts out a game that sounds good I feel a twinge of regret because I would love to be able to appreciate them. But I've seen this shit play out too many times. Nintendo has found that coming up with gimmicks is the way to hit the casual market, and history has proven them right. They put out just enough real games to string their core fanbase along while spending time trying to get their real money from creating fads. And every time they create a goddamn fad their sycophant fanboys fall for it hook, line, and sinker. They stay engaged watching every Nintendo public release so that they could buy up every artificially-scarce piece of bullshit Nintendo puts out before scalpers get to it. Nintendo is the Apple of gaming. They've clearly left me behind, so I think it's high time to do likewise. I was hesitant about buying a 3DS and a Wii U, but I will likely never buy a Switch, in spite of the 10-15 good games that I'm sure will be exclusive to it over its lifespan. It's just not worth it anymore.

I posted my giant paragraph long argument above and no one responded to any of the points I made.

Are you fucking serious right now?

I know that's what we're getting, but who the fuck would want that?

the Wii sucked balls bro

10+ years later and everyone I know who had a Wii either sold it or its broke

winner winner chicken dinner

I said this about Nintendo back during all the bullshit of the Wii

The faggotry of that sensor bar and waggling and batteries wasn't worth the shit like bowling and motion sensor. That shit got old after about a day, and now every fucking game is stuck with "POINT WIIMOTE AT THE SCREEN" as I crack my wrist struggling to aim at the exact point of the sensor bar where the motion detect doesn't lose its shit and zig-zag all over the screen.

I can't stand the Wii, but it was genius. It wasn't a bad decision at all.
It doesn't really matter what you think of it personally.

Ah yes this must've cost them millions and millions of dollars. Paying for journos and putting up billboard adverts in a few US cities? That probably took a crack team of 200 advertisers to study maps for prime locations and at least a thousand graphics to engineer the perfect color scheme for the image.

Can you imagine the cost of printing of an image that big? Christ they must've spent a fortune buying A4 sheets and gluing them all together.

You're ridiculous, learn to actually present and discuss an argument rather than using dumb strawmen and funny memes then maybe you won't sound like such an underaged child

I responded to your claims exactly you goddamn retard

Yes, I'll be sure to play Artifact with my HTC VIVE and Steam Controller on SteamOS while sucking on Gabes circunsized cock.
Thank you merchant, you have truly shown me the error of my ways

>It's an Amiibo party game

Says the guy spouting his own shitty subjective opinion

He means from a jewish business perspective
He's nothing but a cold-hearted kike who cares nothing about vidya

Oh and I forgot to add
BIGGEST COMPANY IN JAPAN

like the Splatoon games

and little kids swear by that bullshit saying its more precise than an analog stick

1v1 on Halo 2 you little faggots and we'll see who is more precise/accurate

my neighbor's autistic 13 year old is obsessed with that amibo shit

More than you're aware it seems.
Not like it even matters, those measly dollars could have easily been used to make a new Advance Wars.
But apparently in your distorted lobotomized mind it's too risky.
Because you know, Super Robot Wars is super risky for Bamco.

Animal Crossing Party game and shit tier Paper Mario and Yoshi games?
Not risky at all and are totally viable

That's not what I meant. They need to secure their console as a viable platform.

Now, take a look at the WiiU, the thing didn't have any mainline Nintendo games until like two years after its release. This meant that nobody fucking wanted it. Because of this, no developers bothered making anything for it.

With the Switch they're doing the exact opposite, and it's working. They managed to completely steal the market that was already occupied by Sony and Microsoft that had an advantate of TWO YEARS. It is the right decision, the numbers prove it, even if you don't like it.
Making small games for niches is not going to help them. It's likely you'll this stuff longer into the Switch's lifespan.

Yeah, because they sold figurines and somehow managed to transform the 3DS into a small success, despite selling it at a loss for most of its lifespan.

At the end of the WiiU's lifecycle Nintendo was barely holding on. The switch was literally make it or break it.

What R&D and marketing research? Have you seen how many they produce? They just take a few characters from a game they're making anyways (which already has it's own R&D and marketing) and just make those into Amiibos.

Nigga they're selling these for 15$ a pop. They're made of cheap plastic and they're sure to return a giant profit margin.
Niche games are not. They require extensive development times and a lot of funds and might not be a successful investment if either people don't like them or straight up they're not interested in them.

This isn't hard. Are you seriously this blinded?

Don't factor into what? You think that makes them loose money?
What?

Because most of them are most likely sub par, hence why they never became full games and are relegated to a bad collection of minigames.
That simple.

And also because they know they can sell it.

Well you're not paying for Nintendo's online and there's virtually zero information about how it's going to work.
And that is if it will be ever even release since they've already pushed it back for a year.

Yeah let's never try to do anything new.
Let's not even fucking try to innovate or mix things around.

Fuck off faggot

You know what? Feel free to post any figures about how much Nintendo has spent on advertising Labo.

I honestly have not seen billboards and highly doubt any journos have been paid seeing the bad reaction many sites have posted.
I'll even take an estimate amount if you want to make one.

As it stands you're just making conjectures because you don't actually have anything to say.

Like going from Cube (7 buttons, 2 analogs, & D-pad) to Wiimote (2 buttons)

Like going HD nevermind

Like new games (Super Mario Bros version 91)

just stfu you whinny cunt

Are you one of those people that made console wars thread back in the day because you were mad how successful the Wii was
Seriously how butthurt can you get

Then why do they keep doing it?
You said it yourself they waste money and time on small test projects you fucking kike.
Considering this shit is going on retail it's enough to fund a small venture like Advance Wars.
>>>/oven/

They are
THE BIGGEST COMPANY IN JAPAN, YOU IDIOT
to come up with the idea of Amiibos in the first place, what do you think?
Console failure is too huge an event to compare to fucking any failed game or number of failed games and either way they have enough income sources, held assets and revenue streams to recover from any infinite amount of losses, clearly
What's next, would you say Tencent will go bankrupt if they screw up a few investments? Even big ones?
Not even close
Nintendo has about as much chance of losing enough money to hurt them from all the failed games as microsoft has of going under as a tech company, or do you know the market penetration in the business world of Microsoft Windows?

Are you one of those rumored nintendo shills that spout nonsense to buoy up a company thats been on the decline for 10+ years

On small demos. They're not full games.
There's a massive difference.

Great proof right there, really showing your smarts

Do you know how much devving a game costs? I'm sure you're an expert in this right lmao

And the Wii and DS succeeded because it captured a completely new audience.
While the GC was a small failure exactly because of that reason. The 3DS was also a massive failure until the halved the price and brought pokemon and a bunch of shit to it. What's your point?

IT doesn't matter you absolute retard. Giant companies can still fail.

You mean the idea they came up with in 2012? You think they're still paying for it?

Money isn't the problem now for Nintendo. The problem is that they have too few internal teams that can actually work on full games. You'll notice that in the past few years they've sent a lot of their IPs to established indipendent teams that are not from Nintendo. They simply don't have the workforce or time to spend on something that MIGHT NOT bring back profits.

The curious audiences on the Switch are already attracted by the giant flood of previously PC-exclusive indies and first party titles, so there's absolutely no need to cater further to that particular audience.

You mean like Star Fox Zero did? Nothing is ever 100% sure, you can't make that claim.

Everything you've said is just based on nothing. There's no proof to back your claims except your opinions and the ones of a few other anons. How do you expect me to take any of this seriously? You don't even post any examples as to why these games would work
You're just so mad that you can't see that working on these would be a pretty poor decision at the moment.

Splatoon/2 has no aim assist at all. Halo has massive aim assist.

Which cost time and money
Except when they are
Yeah, distribution costs, shilling for people to see the Direct and shilling it on the internet and outside of it like stores doesnt cost anything.
Enough to be financially covered by this Labo venture and many other retarded ones.
Making a 2D game is hard though right?
Not like every indie devs with a shoestring budget can do it, right?
A literal cuckchan shill
Like clockwork

>I also change my argument halfway to "it would be a bad idea financially" to "they don't have the teams to work on it, and it would be a bad idea financially because "muh vague risks""

You're a retard and you fail to acknowledge one of the cruxes of my argument: If they had the ability to withstand CONSOLE- FUCKING- FAILURE, one of the WORST THINGS that can happen to any vidya company and still end up as the biggest company in japan, they can fucking make games or have the second parties do it
That sold copies guaranteed, and considering it was sold on the Wii U, their worst selling console to begin with, that didn't do it any favors
It still did reasonably well though, and the loss is nothing COMPARED TO THE WII U LOSS AS A WHOLE
Plus it was a mediocre game to begin with, they should've put more effort into it
Those independent teams are their second parties and subsidiaries too, are they not? I fail to see why they can't make games for Nintendo, and I fail to see why experimentation isn't in order as the Switch grows. If they aren't willing to do it now, they never will
Okay user, tell me how any single or NUMBER of game's development and launch failure can compare to a console failure. You tell me that, and I'll believe your half-assed claims.
That's "just your opinion haha you have no proof". It rarely happens, and it won't happen to the biggest company in Japan for long, long time. That's for damn certain.
You don't think they paid a significant sum for it?
Would you look at that, you mean the audience they lost in the generation immediately afterwards.
Funny, that?
The Switch is going to get pokemon on it. They can afford to try an F-zero title. I don't care how much it costs, they're the biggest company in japan. Its unlikely to do a single decimal of a percentage to their total value as a company, no matter how much it would flop, or if they did a dozen games like that
Now kill yourself

Come back when you've got figures
I'm not discussing with shitposters that can't even write a full sentence

I think the Japanese realized the PS4 was a mistake and simply moved their games to Steam. My only wish is that Nintendo of America work on language translations and let Japan do their thing. I also expect to see arcade units with switch hardware.

Well they wasted at least 10 bucks with you that's for sure.

You do realise just how much money Nintendo has accumulated yes?
nintendotoday.com/nintendo-not-doomed/

This is why they were still giant and didn't fail. You're a fucking moron if you think they somehow managed to survive by pure chance or by some miracle.

Gee and what if the same happened with these games you want? It's like you're not even reading your own trash.
Fuck it sold the best in the month of April? That must mean it was absolutely groundbreaking.
Oh, wait a second, the only other games that were released in April were Quantum Break, fucking Ratchet and Clank and Bravely.
Four whole games of which none others were on the WiiU to compete with. Most of which were fucking FAILURES.

And they do. They make games that people are actually interested in. Shit that's sure to sell.

The switch was released a year ago. Less than one year ago. What the fuck kind of experimentation are you expecting in less than a year? Like holy fuck are you stupid?

Literally explained this above. Nintendo's alive just for that.

Oh yeah. Atari's too big to fail. SNK? Nah too big to fail.
Sony, the biggest tech manufacturer in the world being forced to sell their HQ because of poor returns? Nah also never happened.

Yes, in 2012. Back when Activision came up with the Idea and an intern decided it could be a good idea to copy it?
Can you explain this further? What the fuck are you trying to say?

Yes, the audience they lost to smartphones.
What's your point?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Considering the WiiU is a thing and now so is Labo you're full of shit.

Labo will make a ton of money despite how mad it makes faggots on cuckchan.

What's next, are you going to compare AOL's collapse to Disney?
Niche IPs aren't something people are interested in?
Retard, and my "taste" had nothing to do with starfox, it had to do with the quality assurance on that game. I heard nothing but bad shit about the controls and aesthetic which are huge in starfox games, and certainly turned people off
If you get rid of polish and charm from a starfox game there's no point in anyone buying it, but *some* people still did because its Starfox
While we're at it why don't we compare some shit like Starfox 64 3D? That shit sold a million copies on the 3DS, which was only a "small" success as a handheld by your standards, what argument do you have for that?
Yes, I'm asking for games right this second, give them to me now REEEE!!!!!!
Don't be a disingenpus shitposter, faggot
They failed in every regard except their video games sector though, ironically enough, but if you wanna use that comparison feel free to, though the sector that's relevant to this discussion is, ironically, still very alive and well. Selling their headquarters is a hit, but they're not anywhere close to failure.
What do you think is my point?
they pander to audiences that leave them for the newest shit and this has the chance to hurt them? They don't care about strong possible markets with all the money they've saved up and their success train finally coming in?
If you wanna do a breakdown of game development costs I don't really give a shit, because the cost for hardware vastly surpasses any of that shit.
They have a stupid amount of cash, they can do whatever they want, and they should take the opportunity to at least test the market.

I couldn't care less
Normalfags are cattle, if they buy selfie sticks they'll buy this.
I just want the cuckchan console war shitters out of this board, this fucking thing has attracted too many of them here.

Yeah of course they're completely different.
Them both being companies in the exact same industry and both having suffered bad finantial losses after very poor business decisions.
Completely different.

They're something a few people are interested in. Not as many as Donkey Kong or Metroid for sure.

Good flip flopping there.

I'm not. Christ you people are acting as if games take a month to make. You're being completely unrealistic in every single regard. Funding, manpower, time, market situation and interest of the public. It's like you're purposefully choosing to ignore everything because you can't wait for a year.

Christ it's not even as if Advance Wars is the most amazing and unique game ever made. Just make one yourself if you physically cannot wait to play more of it. Why even bother waiting for a giant video game company to make a small war simulation game that was famous 15 years ago?
Why the fuck would they even bother making this thing?

My point still stands. Giant companies CAN fail.

They tried to get that audience back on the WiiU, however the WiiU was still a fucking failure.

The point is that it doesn't matter if you try to appeal to a niche community right at the start of a console's cycle. That will not bring in enough people.
Look at the GC, they went FULL niche with its release.

And that didn't work.
Realistically, looking at every single bit of data they've collected in the past 20 years, the best way to launch a console is to release mainline titles that have a lot of reach despite not being fully casual, because as they've learned with the Wii, that audience is not easily retained.
The Switch is doing just that. They're releasing their Tier 1 titles (Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart), now for the second year they're on to their Tier 2 (Metroid, non mainline Pokemon) and then they're probably going to keep going from there.

Seeing as they're still operating exactly because they don't waste money I think that's a really bad idea.

Soy milk and dildos are also decent markets from what I've heard.

Go back to Hiroshimas embrace
>>>/cuckchan/