Elder Scrolls games and lore

Favorite Race?
Favorite Class?
Favorite TES game?

Other urls found in this thread:

unpromisedone.blogspot.com/2012/11/meet-dennis-quozl-falk-man-who-got-tiny.html
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45960
1337x.to/torrent/2244145/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV-Oblivion-Game-of-the-Year-Edition-Deluxe-v1-2-0416-GOG/
volafile.org/r/g5pnfqwr
en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Isran
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Manlet
Todd Howard
Fallout 4

And don't give me that "t-there are different types of Khajit!" bullshit, they're never seen again at any point in the series after Daggerfall.

Khajiit
Mage
Oblivion with lots of mods

Now, how cancerous it is to start skyrim playthrough as stealth archer?

Nord
Thief
Oblivion w/ mods

But TES 4 is the worst game in the series.

Whatever's closest to the Druchii from Warhammer.

none
stealth archer
morrowind

Define "the worst"? Vanilla yes, but empty locations and faces easily fixed with Xeo and UL, and mages/fighters guilds have actual quest lines compared to skyrim's companions and college of winterhold. Its also the most medieval looking game out of all TES games thanks to its gothic architecture.
My only complain that politics in oblivion are one lined and cartoony, at least in skyrim they tried to fix that.

What do you guys think about TES legend cards art?

They're catering to the degenerate demographic.

Breton

Knight

Morrowind

t.- someone who doesn't read the inlore books
we'd see the Ohmes Raht more if Bethesda wasn't fucking lazy

In 2002? I know furries have existed since the late 80's but they weren't mainstream until 2007 and they weren't infamous for splashing out cash until a few years ago.

They were all over the place in the internet, and back in the 90s they managed to get Tiny Toons cancelled by being fucking creeps

Why does TES lore feel so bland and generic?

Of course they were all over the internet, they've always been, but the internet wasn't as big of a thing back in the 90's but I never knew about that Tiny Toons thing, can you post a link to that?

The lore is actually really crazy but that's never really brought up outside of the earlier games.

unpromisedone.blogspot.com/2012/11/meet-dennis-quozl-falk-man-who-got-tiny.html

Never played Morrowind, something I should know before going in? Should I play vanilla or there is a mod like a community bug fix type I should install?

Interesting article, though. I knew furries were degenerate but I didn't know it stretched back this far. This author is just as degenerate though

Get something that improves the draw distance but only so much or it will look weird like Oblivion

get the fuck outta here Todd

Oh holy fuck you mean the shit easy scripted retarded dragon fights is better then oblivion portals?
Where the reward is a enchantment item vs, dragon bones and others which are always the same quality and you will have 200+ by the time you can actually use them?

The game that completely removes actual RPG mechanics and introduces a shitload of empty towns and plot quests?

I bet Mark will delete this post given how much truth it has fuck off newfag retard.

At this point, Fallout is a ES game in gameplay and themes. How likely do you think FO5 is going bring back the Thieves' Guild just to make it more like TES?

Why? Especially on basic infantry? First off, it's a waste of a precious gem and secondly, if your army is defeated and routed, the enemy can go over to the dead and injured and pluck that shit right out of there.

They're both bad but 4 is worse, 4 is so fundamentally broken on a gameplay level it's inexcusable. Building your character backwards (least used skills as main and major skills and most used as minor) makes you insanely OP because you never level up your main skills therefor you never level up your character and enemies never get harder, so you'll have 100 level skills on all your useful shit while still being level 1.
For all of Shitrim's problems, the repetitive quests, bad writing, empty world, generic gameplay, it's not as fucked to its very core as TES 4 is.

greyskins and snowniggers btfo

TeS provides a fun game despite its problems mechanically.
You could say Morrowind is shit because of alchemy abuse.

>FUCKING SKYRIM SERIES

>Calling fucking Altmer Thalmor

What in the actual fuck is going on with your image OP? Are you a fucking 12 year old who knows fuck all about TES lore except for what you learned in babbies' first TES game; Skyrim?
And what in fuck's name is your obsession with stealth archery? You a emo fedora faggot who think dick-thieving is so dark, mysterious and edgy?
You need to tell your mom you love her more.

This is one of the reasons Elder Scrolls threads are so fucking toxic and full of braindead idiots. I've lost all will to discuss TES anymore. Too many underage edgelords and dudebros.
TES should be a banned topic on Holla Forums.

then leave

(You)

Nord or the one race to fucking fight back the Daedra on their own. Can't remember if it was the cats or lizard folk.
Stealth/Alteration/Conjuration. I love fucking with the world around me.
I don't have a favorite TES, I like them all for each one brings goods and bads. I have never played the MMO, fuck that noise.

Low quality bait and too many words
2/10
see me after class

The whole joke is everything is good stealth archers how nu r u>

ayyyy lmao

it was the lizards. basically the alien hist trees turned on their oh shit! hivemind mode and sent waves of suicidal argonian berserkers into the portals until the daedra basically gave up and closed the black marsh portals themselves.

Supposedly the dark elves fought back pretty hard as well

The Hist trees are basically mathematically eldritch existences who are travelers who appeared during the new reincarnation of existence.
Deadra are out of their scope.

HIST SAP IS TURNIN' THE FREAKIN FROGS GAY

Favorite Race?
Stealth Archer
Favorite Class?
Stealth Archer
Favorite TES game?
Morrowing or skyrim, depends if i want to fap or not
Oblivion did have some good quests though

Moist boys, followed by ancient falmer and orsimer, third is the feline junkies.
Monk and crusader
Oblivion, mostly for nostalgic reasons, it was my first elder scrolls game.

I hope none of you niggers are dumb enough to download this
even if he is right

Dunmer/Nord, can't decide
Favorite Class?
Conjuration/mysticism/restoration mage aka necromancer
Favorite TES game?
Morrowind and the Enderall mod.

this

But, that's canon though

Breton
Battlemage
Morrowind

Imperial or Breton.
Knight, Crusader, Witch-hunter, or Nightblade.
Morrowind, but Oblivion has a nostalgic and comfy atmosphere that brings me back to it.

Holy fuck, checked

what is this ancient moon-toon

Lum Invader

It really sucks to see autistic lore like that in the ES series squandered and retconned in mediocrity to be more applicable to a broader audience for shekels

Orc.
Warrior.
Oblivion as my disc has no bullshit Steam DRM and I can put it on as many computers as I want.

Reminder that stormcloaks are the proper faction to side with even though Skyrim sucks

Favorite Race?
Dunmer and Argonian
Favorite Class?
Wizard in heavy armor with a spear
Favorite TES game?
Morrowind>Daggerfall>Oblivion with mods>shit

Get OpenMW, Dark Brotherhood attack fix mod, and maybe the Solstheim Rumor fix, although personally I don't mind the Solstheim rumors as a fresh character. Just know that you shouldn't go to Solstheim until you're high enough level.

The Dunmer just kept throwing people in to fight until their bodies clogged the gates

I remember buying the stupid horse armor disc thinking there was a campaign or something on it.

That's what happens with the people who resent the fandom repeatedly, they eventually get succumb to it.

What kind of moron names their kid Mecinar and expects them to be anything but an evil Sotha Sil fanboy?

It is still DRM free.

So is Morrowind.

Argonians
Bard or any class that combines great fighting with speech like Knights in other games.
Can't really say, everything about TES has jaded me and I can't honestly say. I can say for sure that Oblivion are the worst though.

skeleton

skeletons are cool and all, but what species of skeleton? do argonian skeletons have tailbones?

There's a mod for oblivion that turns the setting into a jungle.

nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45960

Stealth archers are the munchkin OP class of the game, because they're silent and aren't easily detected when they attack, do bonus damage on hit to unaware enemies, and can attack from fuckhuge distances and even with a slightly damage enchanted starter bow do fuckhuge amounts of damage because stealth in the TES games is busted as fuck and there's no fixing that since doing so would remove a way to play, and anything that shoots in a first person game is automatically the best option by base mechanics alone. Removing the silence aspect would also kill the bow's gimmick, since mages have loud ranged attacks and utility spells and would automatically be the first and only choice for a ranged build of any sort in that case.

The only way to make other ways to play better or equal is to also make them busted as fuck and give them other tools to play with, like that one sword that shoots fucking laser beams in skyrim's DLC.

The TES games in general are shit and are only really good because you can mod the shit out of them into a crappy sex dungeon builder game.

You know, since Morrowind is essentially just ash at this point, claiming dominion over it is sort of like claiming dominion over Siberia. It sure is Imperial. Big beautiful white spires all over the place, gardens, jungles and rice, all of it.

It's also shit.

How come? I have yet to try it myself.

Because its oblivion.

but morrowind isnt a broken game like tes4 is, some things might be op but its still playable unlike oblivion.

the lore is fucking deep once you get into creation myths and such, but its honestly retarded. like its convoluted for the sake of appeasing to normies.

I don't have a dog in this race but building backwards is not an intuitive move for any player who doesn't have foreknowledge of how broken that aspect of the game is though. In fact the only reason to do it is to exploit something some sperg stumbled upon while sperging.

The average player can however readily fall into the iron dagger smithing/enchanting and alchemy suit exploits in Rimjob that break the game from within on a few levels, boosting XP like fuck, making you so rich it's difficult to sell shit and one-shotting everything powerful in your spank ass OTTOP gear.

Yeah, but you pretty much have to build backwards in Oblivion if you don't want the scaling enemies to wreck you at high levels. Breaking Skyrim is easier, but it isn't fucking necessary to deal with the level scaling bullshit like in Oblivion.

Multiple reasons. But mainly because there's no good sound mods of it that don't just have a lot of incredibly fucking annoying monkey sounds. There's also the fact that half the trees have low branches that cut right into the road and the fact that much of the trees in general are overkill.

Everyone mentions this but I don't remember having trouble at higher levels in Oblivion, or not so much that it was unmanageable I must have finished the thing 5 times too.

Breton, then Dunmer
Spellsword or Mage
Probably Oblivion, then closely followed by Morrowind, it's honestly really hard to decide. Despite morrowind having a much stronger lore and story, and the dialogue options being much better, Oblivion was my first modded TES game and has an unfair advantage due to my fond memories. I also loved the fact that you technically weren't the hero in Oblivion, Martin Septim was. I hate the "you are destined hero trope"

Huh, it always sounded so much worse with the Aldmeri dominions gains. They're actually not that big just yet, if the size comparisons are accurate there. Though it would be a logistical nightmare to deploy troops from high rock unless there was a strong naval fleet being commanded by the bretons who could flank the aldmeri dominion in their own homes.

More like they went "OH SHIT, Hist Daedroth, thousands of them!", they less gave up, more ran for the hills when the Hist showed their power level.

Also, dunmer did okay, going so far as to awaken their scarab guardian, which got overrun pretty quickly iirc, but not all that well.

Why, you like the Thalmor or something?

bosmer.
didn't use the class presets, but my most recent playthru was my favorite, bosmer with stealth-focus, primary attributes str and agi, major skills sneak, security, light armor, marksman, and restoration. minors were mysticism, athleticism, acrobatics, speechcraft, and shortblade.
morrowind is objectively the best game, independent of my favoritism of it.

You were a stealth archer. Just say it.

alright dammit i was, but it was really fun.

It is for sure, though I do with Bethesda would balance shit out so it's not as overpowered as it is.

good lad.

Argonian or Nord
Monk
Morrowind

It's a mash up of concepts from several real-world mythologies. The most original thing it has is its creation myth, and even that is just a spin on the gnostic demiurge; the main difference being in gnosticism, the demiurge was ignorant of what he was and what his purpose was so he created the world, whereas in TES, it was everyone else who was ignorant of the demiurge's schemes and he deceived them all to create the world.
The games are given a "deep" and "complex" lore that's almost entirely irrelevant to the games themselves, and is almost purely background material to be retconned whenever it's inconvenient. This makes it feel bland because it's just there, and doesn't actually matter at all.

slight aside, but in many forms of gnosticism the demiurge is well aware of what he's doing and sees himself as the ultimate in justice regardless.
sage for offtopic.

Imperial, Bosmer, Nord
Warrior, Archer
Oblivion w/ mods…or Skyrim extremely modded to bring back the RPG functions again.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the info. The concept of a demiurge is the thing I find most interesting about Gnosticism, and the parallels I see between it and Lorkhan is why Lorkhan, and the creation myth, are the parts of TES's lore I find most interesting. And now you've just further raised my interest in this subject.

My fresh hero of kvatch. Going to struggle through OOO and Knights - Revelation.

10/10 with the character either way.

I don't care what anyone says, I will always love obliffun

Damn I almost want to reinstall Oblivion to become 100% immune to all damage types. I haven't made a broken character in it unlike Morrowind.

Why not both? Of course I'll need to find a list of mods to make the game more enjoyable.

S-stop it, anons

You know half the fun is setting a whole day aside to mod it just the way you like only for it to crash and settling on 1/4 of the mods you want.

I call it "gamebryo fever."

Literally every Bethesda game. I have a problem.

Explanation?

You can definitely do that. On the subject of breaking, be sure to pick up master level Restoration since it's possible to make copies of the same spell to stack on top of each other, and you can do that to buff your magicka and regeneration to stupid levels. Also note buffs can cast a lot quicker if you add a trivial on-touch effect since the animation is faster. Another fun trick suggested by another user is to treat resist/reflect/absorb as a "parry" by making the spell max magnitude for 1 second.

I'm pretty lazy with mods. I think it's just the official ones, the essential unofficial fixes, OOO, and OBXP. I'd love something like Galsiah's Character Development but don't know if it exists. Sadly that wasn't compatible with OpenMW last I checked. OBXP, if it appeals to you, make sure to tweak the INI because you need to disable HP regen. It's stupid. MP and stamina might want to be turned off too.

Alright Holla Forums, I will attempt to document the clusterfuck of the process that is reinstalling/modding Oblivion. The first step is getting a copy of the game. For the purposes of this guide I'm going to be using my physical copy. Don't worry, it was burned off a friend's disk.

What the fuck am i witnessing?

The disk is scratched to hell, I hope this works.

Something I threw together in GIMP for a friend. It was supposed to be intentionally shit but it turned out pretty nice.

Um guys

MER BTFO

After forcefully gently wiping off the disk, we're going to try aga-

You don't get to bring games.

Nord or Dunmer.
Spellsword or Nightblade.
Nehrim.

how finished is OpenMW?

Well after that last fuckup, let's see if I can get a new copy.

I still haven't played the Fallout 4 DLC because I can't play it Vanilla pirated of course.

user, the only solution is to limit yourself in certain mods, and stop at some point to actually play. You also need patience to get rid of all potential crashes after playtesting your build, so you don't want a lot of mods to not get rid of entire load order just to find out what's crashing.
I recently spent solid amount of times figuring out every crash i had with skyrim special edition and managed to weed out good chunk of mods, and even had to get rid of some mods i liked because of crucial incompatibilities.
The best idea is to:
In the end following few made up rules i ended up with so far stable 173 plugins list and pretty happy with it. Took 3 reinstalls of skyrim, 2 weeks of downloading/reconfiguring, 3-4 ragequits and severe asspain, but i survived.
You can't have literally everything, its just impossible. Same goes about other gamebryo games, its a chore to make even basic stuff playable.

These speeds should be illegal.

thats not that fast

It's all I can afford.

Usual shit with torrented download copies, or installation saved on broken sectors of HDD, usually when HDD grows old this stuff starts happening more frequently. Download only one torrent at a time, do nothing extensive with computer while downloading, do nothing extensive with computer while installing. Browsing internet included.
There's also a gog version of oblivion with all dlcs included, easy to find:
1337x.to/torrent/2244145/The-Elder-Scrolls-IV-Oblivion-Game-of-the-Year-Edition-Deluxe-v1-2-0416-GOG/
Defragmenting and cleaning empty space on hdd sometimes help to prevent this shit.

Truthfully, I've had problems with this disk before. And my entire computer is basically on life support at this point. There's no saving it, but this time I think it was the game disk.

Special thanks to GOG for having amazing deals on all their games.

You slut

I think I've just had a breakthrough, now let's see if it actually runs.

Off to a great start, but for some reason oblivion.esm was disabled by default.

It's a sign not to play the game.

Except you forget Shivering Isles.

LIFTOFF

>tfw< 700 KB/s
I don't even mind

THREADLY REMINDER

Oblibibion is an average game if you put on auto item reward scaling (quest reward items will go up to next level if you have them on level up)

It is no Morrowind and gets many things wrong (no levitate) …. Well it is an okay game.

It only took an hour, and we have the game running. Now the next logical step instead of actually playing the game is to start modding it. We'll start by visiting our old friends at /tesg/ because I honestly don't remember what mods are good.

Don't forget the essential lewd orc mods.

Trying to understand this is like reading an Elder Scroll. I think I'm going to need to head over to the Nexus next.

furry get out

Consider visiting this thread:
>>>/tes/2137

It has like shit ton of mods listen. Don't install literally everything though. Also see you next week if you don't give up from crashing too much.

Alright I've just finished downloading a bunch of "essential" mods, let's see how that goes.

Gog version doesn't need 4gb patch.
You forgot oblivion character overhaul.
Consider installing OOO or any other mod changing leveled lists to not get raped by autoleveling system based on your health/level.
Cobl is not really "essential" mod. Its only really needed for certain player houses if you install any.

To save user the trouble, I'm going to be uploading all those mods to vola. In case any of you are autistic heroic enough to follow along.

link because I forgot volafile.org/r/g5pnfqwr

I'm going to install overhauls and extra content after getting the basics done.

They aren't getting anywhere from nexus, user.

Same here, but the skill point based leveling system combined with level-scaling enemies is still fundamentally counter-intuitive and broken. You can get through the game despite it, but it's still a mess. In Morrowind, it doesn't fundamentally matter if you don't optimize every level up for maximum attribute gains because the enemies are static, they don't scale with the player's level. Your stats will be better if you do optimize attribute point gains per level, but there's no scaling system that makes the enemies persistently more tedious if you don't.
All of this is trivialized by the difficulty slider in both Oblivion and Morrowind, though. If you're not practicing efficient leveling in Oblivion, you can just turn down the difficulty, effectively rendering the problem impotent, but it's a stop-gap solution. Playing through Morrowind very recently revealed to me how easy the game becomes if you exploit the leveling system and know where good artifacts are, etc. Therefore, I think level-scaling enemies could have been a good addition to a TES game, but maybe if it was based on the total of all of your attributes added together rather than just your level.

Progress report, I installed everything and tried to start a new game.

I tried throwing a bash patch together and ran into the same issue, could there be something wrong with my load order?

Yes, but in a niche genre of games the weirdos are much more concentrated than in normal society. How else do you explain how the porn mods got so detailed so fast?

I've isolated the fuckup to the UI mod, things will be back on track as soon as I can find a decent replacement.

Unknown to /tesg/, Nor known to nexusmods.

So now the current issue is that entering the character creation menu crashes the game for some reason. I'm trying to figure out what mod is causing the problem.

On how to do what I just said in CSE? It's easy just google it.

Seems I have to redownload and install the game again. I must've broken the esm somehow.

Oblivion modding in a nutshell

If you mean altering OBXP, it's a plaintext .ini file you can find in the data folder. Easy stuff.

I fell asleep while reinstalling the game. This is what I woke up to. I'm pretty sure a mod is causing the problem this time. The game loads my 1 save just fine. But as soon as I try to go to sleep or use the character creation menu it crashes.

POTION SELLER, I HAVE NEED OF YOUR STRONGEST POTIONS
He better be a fucking knight.

Just use mod organizer. You can literally use different iterations of mod organizer for the same game if you want to make completely different installations, or different profiles for different mods active, or seperated saves by profile and shit. You're making your life difficult for nothing.

You can also make different profiles after you've successfully created a working mod set so you have a fallback mod profile if things go fubar and start from your "checkpoint" instead of scratch.

Seems it was oblivion reloaded that fucked everything up for me. Everything else works.

Generally Bosmer or Dunmer. Mostly because I hate the shit out of Altmer.

Bard

III of course. Most options without modding with a story that actually feels like an old tabletop group. For visuals and mod utility, however, V is still the best.

So as I pray, Unlimited Mod Works. I've finally done it. It only took 8 hours. Now I'm going to get a fucking shower. Later teen/v/ros.

Nord, Imperial or wood/high lelf. Depends on the class I'm playing, but overall my favorite is still Imperial. No furry or beastmen.
Warrior, mage, thief is my trifecta. Imperial or Nord for warrior, Imperial or high elf for mage and wood elf for thief. Pure warrior is my favorite but it is total shit in basically all of the games, it only sort of works in Oblivion with OOO.
Oblivion for the quests and the world. I like the gothic medieval European style so much. Daggerfall for roleplaying and dungeons. Daggerfall dungeons are so fucking vast and big, and the game has the most build variety if you aren't focusing on combat. If you are, then Battlemage is the only way to play. Least favorite is Skyrim because it feels so sterile, there is no feeling of adventure at all. Morrowind is meh, I cannot get around to it because of the shit combat and no playstyle seems fun or effective for me and the world sucks shit, it's boring and brown, only gets colorful with a graphics overhaul in certain places. Fuck that sandstorm section of the map too.

For some fucking reason I loaded up Skyrim Legendary edition and I can't stop playing it. Why do weebs hate this game so much?

Fuck off Todd. But no I'm not touching it for their removal of spellmaking. That was a defining feature, and part of the broken fun of Morrowind and Oblivion.

stop the press

I actually like the cat people type Khajiit better than the "human but with some cat attributes", but I do agree the whole "different types of Khajiit" thing is complete shit. That's not to say there aren't some interesting in-game books that come out of it, like Mixed Unit Tactics and the whole "sentient spell-casting housecat" thing, but it is just such a fucking cop-out to explain retcons.

I wouldn't have even cared that they were too lazy to keep the animal legs from Morrowind into Oblivion if they didn't try to hand-wave it away with the whole subspecies thing, as though literally every Khajiit in one province happens to be the same subspecies despite there being twelve of the fucking things.

Considering that's the first thing I did when playing Skyrim™, I can tell you that it starts strong and becomes broken as all hell once the damage multipliers start stacking. The novelty of oneshotting everyone from stealth wears off quickly since stealth is so incredibly easy and you start to wish for some actual combat.
Since melee is just a whack-fest, I imagine combat magic must be the funnest way to play Skyrim. Though you'll get bored soon regardless.

I thought the "arrow in the knee" thing was a euphemism for getting a wife?

Pays to periodically back up the whole folder while it's in working order in case of this.

What's under the mask?

A lot of loyalty for an N'Wah

It is. what happened was that not a single normal fag understood that, So they took the Arrow in the knee comment as literal. and then they made a shit ton of memes that were never funny.

If you compare Skyrim to Oblivion it's a massive downgrade. and if you compare Oblivion to Morrowind it's a massive downgrade. and I'v heard that Morrowind is also a downgrade to Daggerfall in a number of ways.

wat

i really would just go with a nord skelebro, sort of like a lich would do

"Arrow to the knee" is not a euphemism for getting married. That's just bullshit someone made up that everyone immediately believed.

Well it's convincing bullshit then. Since an adventurer settling down and becoming a town guard due to marriage sound allot better then a knee injury.

Bethesda doesn't think that deeply into things.

I'm actually playing V for the first time lately,and I have to agree, to a degree. I like that different tiers of Destruction magic work differently. Basic fire spell is low damage flamethrower, next tier is basic fireball, next is essentially a magical equivalent of a proximity mine you stick to floors. Spellcrafting being removed is total bullshit though, considering that spells are now more than a choice between either pewpewpew projectiles or melee magic.

However, I really fucking regret attempting to do a 'glass-cannon' mage. I put no points into health at any level up, and I routinely get one-shotted. I've had to rely a LOT on the fact that one of the Destruction skilltree perks makes many dualcast spells stagger a victim; I have to stunlock shit to death because I just can't take a fucking hit from anything more serious than a mudcrab or wolf. Even if I'm wearing the best light armor I can find, and I'm usually not, because I got hold of the either best- or second-best tier Robe of Destruction, which provides great Magicka regen and reduced Magicka cost for Destruction spells, but has zero armor value to balance. I haven't gotten the Alteration perk that doubles the armor bonus given by the Shield (or w/e they call it now) spell.

Argonian
Spellsword
Daggerfall

I found combat magic to be underwhelming in Rim, it's like a support skill rather than a focus, it's useful in some situations but slow and cumbersome, two handed shit is just asking to get hit in the face with a hammer. I wanted to like it but they chopped creation and nerfed it so every time I put points in Destruction I was reminded it was chiefly to access the better enchantments it unlocked.

No, it's retarded noise, whoever came up with that wants a kick in the shin they didn't get.

Destruction scales like shit in Skyrim. The highest tier spells all have a huge windup time, which locks you in place, and aren't worth the payoff. On the flipside, conjuration is fucking great, assuming you go conjured weapons and not necromancy or daedra.

I have noticed that Fireball, despite being a supposedly 'better' version of FIrebolt, doesn't seem to do too much more damage despite sucking a fuckload more MP. It's also not cool that it does this huge explosion which obscures the action; not fun when you need to see that asshole archer drawing his ebony bow to kill you from the other end of the room.

I've been putting off Enchantment because I don't really want to waste soulgems, and I don't want to enchant shit that I'm just going to trade in twenty minutes later.

Yeah, I know Skyrim is pretty bad, but visually I like walking around in snow/rain settings. The music is pretty good too. Everything else is garbage. Ill probably do the main quest/both expansions. I haven't touched Oblivion in a long time, is there a mod that stops the fucking level scaling? that is the only thing I don't look forward too. I already played through Morrowind two months ago.

20 mins? 10 seconds more like, whoring out soul gems like a fiend is the key to improving it and making bank, even if the chants are pretty shit they still sell for large coin in comparison to what it takes to make a basic weapon and then you buy more soulgems with the proceeds, you can do round trips to a few vendors (Winterhold college is half decent cos there's a few close to each other especially the dodgy guy) sell them the tat you enchanted and buy their gems, rinse and repeat in different towns until your shit is better than anything you can find.

Buy/steal take every soulgem you can but don't get precious about any that aren't grand and filled the lower levels ones are pointless in comparison, get them wasted on some useless weapons you don't care about and it'll skyrocket.

Then you enchant your first enchanting suit, just to enchant your next enchanting suit while high on enchantment improvement potions you made with your alchemy suit which you'll also want to make another set of….

Do that about 6 times over and you'll have gear you want to keep, the stuff before that goes in the wardrobe of items that are 'Too expensive to sell without buying half the shop'.

There's a mod called Natural Character Growth and Decay for OpenMW which is supposed to have been based on Galsiah's Character Development. There are a number of mods similar to that for Oblivion as well, but the only one I've used is Realistic Leveling.

Speaking of shops, is it normal that in Oblivion, shopkeepers have infinite gold? Ex: you have a shopkeeper w/ 800 gold, and you can sell

Man, FUCK Soul Cairn. I was having fun in dawnguard expansion but then this location happened.
I mean skyrim by itself is a terrible game, but Soul Cairn is a demonstration of "what if TES was done by ubisoft".

Whose fucking idea was it to have a chick who has been in a coffin for two millenia talk like she's a 'murrican from 1990 onwards?
Fucking whose? How is she even speaking the same language? The fucking draugr aren't speaking the same language, and they're younger than her.

Yeah, that's the base behavior of the game. I don't know if it was intentional or a bug, though.

Everything around Serana is dumb as fuck. You can't just immediately kill her, you can't take her back to the Dawnguard, you're forced to do the one thing that any member of the Dawnguard wouldn't do. And, because of that, you've suddenly caused a much larger problem than just angry vampires getting uppity.

Lads I know it's a mistake but I'm gonna fire up Shitrim again, I know it'll descend into porn but does anyone have a modlist, I've got like 20 already I know I'll probably want another 50+

I get that in the original incarnation of TES, the idea of Elder Scrolls was quickly tacked on and explained later, but does that really mean that they should have devolved into macguffins that can be pulled out of one's ass as needed?

Serana put me off Dawnguard completely, I was instantly sick of her, I got up to the point where I met her edgelord family and checked the fuck out.

conjured weapons are really only good early in the game because they're typically much better than weapons you can get at the time. when you get into late game though, they become less useful when you find/make better weapons. But I agree that summons are shit, mostly due to the terrible AI bethesda gave followers.

So, who thinks we might be getting a teaser of TES VI: Hammerfell at E3?

Yeah, there's also the "took a sword through the chest" variant.

Haaah, I seriously doubt anything is written past preparatory outlines and bolt-on bits and pieces until they can actually get something running, it's been 7 years and there's nothing but vague noise about Valenwood or Hammerfell which anyone could have stabbed at.

Scratch this I can't be fucked.

Purdy but why does his head grow 8 times the size when his mask is off?

You actually can go straight back to the Dawnguard and tell Isran about her, and he tells you to take her to the vampire castle anyway.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Isran
Absurd, nonsensical, hamfisted railroading, all for exactly one purpose: to shove Faction A in the player's face, then Faction B, and then have the player choose between them.

I ended up trying to make a mod that removes all her dialogue and stops her from interfering in combat. The dialogue part mostly worked, anyway. It was actually kind of astounding seeing all the time and effort they spent on dialogue trees for the annoying Mary Sue that walks in front of you while you're talking to someone else.

Considering it's a game where you shout dragons out of the sky somehow the noises coming out of her are worse. As says the murrican gurl chatter was enough of an anachronism to make me hate her but then she never. stops. yakking, which now I think is actually a pretty realistic feature of IRL women so points to Todd on that at least.

I ached for a 'Shu-Thaf-Uck' shout to get her to clam up.

I once grabbed Neisa, because milk tanks. She never fucking shuts up. I'm serious, there's like a ten second rest period between the times she blurts something out.

If there's a voice in a mod you can bet heavy that it'll be some cringey tryhard(s) being too loud or verbose, it's always the way, that stripe of 'non-voice actor' can't do subtle/believable or show economy in their expression, it's a bucketful of spaghetti all over your head. Chumps dl dive in and after 5 mins write 'OMG it's so awesome' reviews then 10 minutes later they realise it's actually intensely annoying, totally out of place and/or they've heard everything 60 times over already.

Was there any point of leveling up light armor in elder scrolls games? In any of them?

Light armor takes up less weight, increasing your carrying capacity. In Morrowind, I believe, the best standard light armor with the most possible defense is just as good as the best standard medium armor with the most possible defense, but it ways much less. You also get max use of the Savior's Hide, which is a pretty good artifact.

Oh, also in Morrowind, its governing attribute was agility, making the skill a good one to level up.

The most important use: style

Dunmer
Wizard, with focus on alteration.
Morrowind

Fucking christ it's 2004 all over again.

I actually liked soul cairn myself, but I didn't autistically try to collect everything, so it might be because of that.

Not gonna lie, that made me laugh harder than I expected. The devs knew what they were doing with that line, considering it's the bug the other person line everyone does

She actually has one line of dialogue where she admits her entire existence as a magical vampire princess with daddy issues is a tired cliche. At least, I assume it's actually present in-game; I only learned it existed while overwriting all her dialogue I could find with ellipses/silent audio.

I think the biggest problem with Serana is that she goes with you everywhere, which doesn't happen with most of Skyrim's quest companions. Delphine always offers to split up, Frea only teams up with you in a specific area (where she has the benefit of scripting to make her unusually helpful), Katria is mostly incorporeal, etc.
Every other companion in the game is either optional or only joins up for a single quest. Serana is the only longterm mandatory companion.

As if admitting to it makes it any better. Would admitting to eat shit make it more acceptable?

Dunmer
Spellsword
Morrowind

This trailer made me hype as fuck back in the day.

Do you mod your elder scrolls into porn sim?

Forgot to include my mediocre screenshots.

In Rim I started off heavy+mace then flipped to light+large hammer for the late game to make it a little more of a challenge as it was getting far too easy.

this

You're the girl, aren't you user?

This living Snow Fag took me by surprise. I managed to never get spoiled on a fucking non-mutated snow elf.
I wonder if there will ever be an Elder Scrolls game set in the distant past of the lore, with snow elves, white dunmer (before being GRAYED by morrowind) and dwemers playable.

It's better than heavy armor in skyrim and oblivion.

is it possible to hold hands with the spider?

I hope not, personally. Ignoring the fact that nu-Bethesda would ruin everything they touch, some things are just left more interesting as vague lore than fully-fleshed out stuff.

This is precisely why it is bound to happen eventually.

Oblivion's lewd mods were hands down the best. I had one that turned sex into a stamina management mini game and let you rape people to death with it. As a bonus you would also fuck corpses.

I'll never be able to replicate my adventures as a wandering night rapist. Like the time I wandered into that one southern city with the blackwood company and more importantly, the three sisters inn. The eldest wasn't in and the place was empty so I raped the youngest and middle sisters to death and had a good night with their lifeless bodies. Eventually the eldest sister walked in while I was fucking the body of her youngest sister and attacked me so I was forced to rape her to death in self defense. I slipped out into the night and never came back to that city.

Completed Dawnguard. Harkon fight was such disappointment, his AI constantly glitched out while i was spamming sunburn arrows into him.
The real challenging fights were dragons in frozen lake near Inner Sanctrum, which i couldn't even kill, only escape from. And the boss of Inner Sanctrum because fucking chaurus were spamming ice at me like crazy, even if game gives enough potions to prevent their shit, i still had to lower the difficulty eventually, to not give up. Increased it up for Harkon later.
Generally this whole snow elf location was really well designed. But the ending of dawnguard feels completely unfinished. You like go away from Harkon's ashes and that's it.

Preparing for Dragonborn now, discovered Apachii store and couldn't resist trading my glass armor for bunch of leather that magically has better armor than glass, but with my current mod build i will be kicked in the ass anyway. Either i will drop the game completely and uninstall after dragonborn, or try completing the Vigilant mod. Skyrim really gets its hate for looking and feeling unfinished as fuck, even with loads of mods.

What mod causes every character (including my own) to frontflip every 5 seconds of combat? It's getting kind of annoying. Please don't tell me it's OOO.

The Forgotten Vale was a nice location in an, otherwise, disappointing quest line. The best thing Dawnguard added is the aetherium quest line, and that's only because it led to the aetherium armor mod.

So when can I run my porn mods on SE? I seriously need the stability.

I have OOO on oblivion installation and no, i don't suffer from your problem. You certainly have some combat mod that affects stamina, stagger or animation (depending on what you mean by frontflip). I remember i had some needs and diseases mod that did made me fall quite a lot.

Well, there's Flower Girls, for what it is its pretty tame and straight, but used with Amorous Adventures it extends its functionality a little.
There's also SexLab port, but its pretty bare bones compared to normal legendary edition one, but unlike Flower Girls it has cum effects.
Nothing on rape or slavery though, even with latest SKSE.

Apparently it was Oblivion Reloaded, some cancer I forgot to delete. Every character often attacks with a frontflip animation that lasts a few seconds and makes combat feel really laggy.

Oh, yeah, that mod which is supposed to be a graphics engine overhaul that makes a bunch of random changes to the gameplay instead, such as changing combat animations.

How much time will it take for normalfags to forget about Skyrim? Do you think the next TES will be able to grab their attention as much as Shitrim?

It's up there with Zelda and Mario for them, they'll never "forget" it

It's gotten to the stage where even normalfags are mocking Beth for stalling TES 6 and releasing Skyrim for a forth time.

She has a pair of human hands so, yes.

Shame she only has 1 sex position animation. where she hugs you with all of her legs and fucks you raw

I dont think ive ever been so stricken over a tes character model. And just who might this hump pump be?

What a ride, Todd.

Haha good job fellow Anonymous! Looks like you're having a grand time, and you're such a swell guy you even gave credit to me that great dude Todd, I bet he's super stoked you think his game is so great.

Now user don't forget to download some more mods from the Bethesda mod store with all those Bethesda Points you've bought recently, you should get the mudcrab ones, they are so funny! Oh and don't forget to pick up a copy of Skyrim Legendary Edition VR to re-experience Skyrim in a whole new breathtaking adventure! Game on Dovahkiin!

I remember this. Even if you choose the dialogue options that tell him to fuck off, you have no option but to complete the story in the exact same way you would have otherwise.
Just another one of the trillion examples of bad writing in this game. How did this even make it off the drawing board?

git gud

Waiting till someone chooses ESO as a third one

Dragonborn hurt, and I love Hermaeus Mora.
Some variety in the quest would have gone a long way, at the very least a branching path involving rejecting Mora.
But I suppose that's asking too much.

That one is probably a mod conflict, in all fairness. I had the same problem. Do you have any mods installed that modify dragon masks or closed helmets?

Yeah, the Miraak fight is one of the glitchiest things in the game in my book. It's common for him to just stay intangible permanently, sometimes because he isn't able to absorb a dragon for whatever reason. Once I was able to fix things by noclipping up into the sky where a dragon had perched on thin air and rebooting it so that it'd fly down to Miraak and get eaten properly.
You won the fight fair and square, so just reload to before it and godmode through it repeatedly until the RNG smiles on you and Miraak's death cutscene actually plays properly. Oh, and under no circumstances should you try to equip his staff in your left hand. There aren't graphics for it or something.

That is a rare gondola indeed

Elderscrolls Online

I mean, how can you not try magic you've never seen before? It's so exciting and so many possibilities.

Fuck, i get it. Its probably a conflict between Legacy and Improved closed helmets.

I did exactly that, this was the only time i had to enable console i usually completely disable for my playthrough. Not like the ending wasn't something i predicted. Got a single comment from Skaal girl to not follow Hermaeus Moisha and that's it. Absolutely the same feeling like when i defeated Harkon, bethesda always ends quest lines on a clean cut after the final boss.

Yeah, that's the one. Had to manually edit it to get it to work. The wooden mask had to be edited as well, iirc.

There's a faggot who's name is Ed86 and he is locking Sexlab mod ports for SE behind patreon paywall.
This is the future of loverslab.

I think it has much more to do with him being furry. It is amazing about furries. Their community without even all the furry shit is such a fucking cancer.
They are fortunately retarded. Market is saturated enough you don't need to pay for his shit and mod piracy is a thing.

It's bloated shit anyways. Besides, best lewd is soft lewd.

Would never work longterm and community will ostracize him as a result. The loverslab community especially requries teamwork to function, as all their mods are based off mutliple frameworks different modders make and then multiple other modders create things with such frameworks, then there are the voice overs and over things. As another user mentioned, this is probably just a furry getting too big for his britches.

Oh, not to mention the dude who made FNIS was not okay with paid mods and refused to let others use his framework if they intended to sell the mod, and i wouldn't be surprised if the furfaggots mod required fnis to function.

You can play the whole game front to back just fine, everything is implemented. They're working on implementing QOL improvements and better draw distances. You can already put the draw distance up pretty far, but they're still working on mesh/texture loading so stuff doesn't look like blurry vomit from a distance and your fps stays above 30. The only downside is not being able to use MCPatch and a couple of other mods.

They were chimer and had golden skin like Almalexia. They also got cursed centuries before Morrowind in the First Era.

By azura, because of 3 people. Imagine the breadmaker in seyda need. Dude doesn't do shit, and gets turned into a drow because some cunt he never met did something fucked up.

If you look through world mythology, you will see all sorts of examples where families, lineages, tribes, and nations receive the wrath of deities over the actions of just a few individuals. If it's just in the eyes of the gods, who are mortals to question their logic?

Yeah, a very greco-roman tradition. It comes up a lot in TES too, like the Knight of The Nine quests, with the dude whose family was weakened for centuries because his ancestor slapped a beggar with his gauntlet. Or it might just be Kirkbride loves the theme.

Ain't that true. Penetration is so overrated.

When it comes to curses it really should be in for a penny in for a pound. There's no better deterrent for breaking an oath to Azura than cursing an entire race of people forever. And no better reminder to the Tribunal of who has the real power. As for the baker in Seyda Neen, Sotha Sil told the Dunmer that the change in skin colour was a blessing that made them a new race of civilised Mer, so he probably got back to work thankful that it wasn't another one of Nirn's eternal struggles, or at least one that wasn't that big of a deal.

Just use oSex and Amorous Adventures. Far better than the assorted mess of various quality animations that Sexlab is.

I currently use Flower Girls and will be using it for a while, although i recently installed Sexlab light to test it out and instantly got glitches.
Flower Girls prevents play to have Male x Male interactions (or creatures for that matter), while allowing lesbian ones and male x female. On top of that it has voiced dialogues in style of Amorous adventures (which by the way supports it), edited to get interesting responses from your whores. The only problem with it it requires you to have customized camera mod and recent zoom mod if you want scenes centralized. Its only problem is lack of cum, it just fades out after sex.

Also i wanted to ask - is main quest worth it? I did two addons and was a little disappointed, i never played through main quest. I wanted to give a try to vigilant of stendar mod (you know, the one that claims to be "soulslike experience"), or i could go and beat alduin instead.

By main quest you mean the Skyrim main quest? If you haven't completed that yet already, you might as well. Worth it is pretty subjective, but if you have come this far you should at least play through it once. It's not that long, especially since I think you had to complete like half of it to finish Dawnguard anyways.

Vigilant was a mixed bag. Lots of really shitty models and textures, though, so be prepared for that. A lot of armors seem like they are model imports from souls games, and don't fit stylistically in an Elder Scrolls game and some are in desperate need for re-texturing. There's some neat stuff in it, though, and its fairly long. You will probably get as much play out of it as you did the two main official add-ons.

The main quest is mostly worth for the cool atmosphere in sovngarde. There is a really annoying female for most of the quest. And there is a cool yet kinda boring old man around the end too. Probably the best character is Skyrim is Balgruuf.

It's better than Oblivion's main quest, which I know isn't saying very much. At the very least it's playable, like a tepid beer is drinkable compared to a steaming mug of piss.

Good to know there's a guy on Holla Forums knowing shit about both. Thanks. I guess i'l complete Vigilant and then main quest.
You don't get my intention though, i want to lower my load order. First of all i fucking hate dragon encounters, they are boring and annoying, especially in cities, its hard to escape without fighting them too. So i want later to install skyrim unbound and get rid of dragons to play as "non-dragonborn" character. The reason i want to complete main quest is because i am not going to play it through later and turn skyrim into stalker-like hunting game (and probably do a playthrough as a whore female).

Next thing are quest mods, such as Sulfur and Fire, Vigilant, Cowl of Noctural, Path to elsweyr and Legacy of Dragonborn - they all have some interesting shit to give player who is focused on quest a challenge, if i manage to complete them all i can successfully remove them just like i removed beyond bruma after completing every quest in it. Not like i hope to complete Legacy after i understood what it is, but the most important and the most quality made of them is vigilant.

I also learned that all MihailMods stuff is extremely overrated, i had lags in Solstheim with his mods, because his own creatures were killing each other across entire Solstheim and this fucking island is designed like a dungeon so there is no real distance in where battles are going. His Nix-creatures jump on the other side of Solstheim when killed, because of shit death physics, and Silt Strider have awful wing animation which glitches out like hell itself. Removing his shit actually made my game run better (although i think the real culprut was multiple level sandboxing and "search and destroy" mods that make ai look across entire space they are in, which created ai lag of unbearable handling). After i cleaned up a bit i started to think Mihail is a hack. So i am not sure about completing his sulfur and fire, the only his mod i gave a fuck about.

Balgruuf is going to retire anyway since i joined empire and in interest to give battle-born a throne.

Balgruuf stays as leader in the Emperial path. He get replaced if you pick stormcloaks.

Well, that's a good thing then, thanks for information.

I would recommend saving Vigilant for last. The whole thing feels like post-game content and depending on how much of a completionist you are, it can get pretty long. If this is likely to be your only or definitive "Dragonborn" run of the game, I would make the MQ your first priority of the two. you should never change load order mid-play-thru btw

No, i am going to rebalance the game because i am so far not really interested in bethesda's questing. Its for the new character.
Okay, i am going to complete the damn main quest, you convinced me.

Think of it like ripping off a band-aid, then. You have probably completed half of the MQ already. If you don't do it now, you will have to re-tread all of that again later. Just do it quick and get it over with, then you never have to do it again.

If you want generally interesting quest from skyrim off the top of my head there is sanguine's where you get wasted and have to retrace your step, the dream deadric prince where is shit with sleep potions and a quest with a light house that is kinda of a horror story, not the one you get from the lizard in solitude. If any other anons can name other interesting quesst but i kinda doubt it.

"Lost to the Ages" was a kind of fun quest. It had a few interesting gimmicks, at least. At some point you meet a ghost of a dungeon diver who guides you through a dungeon. You can find her corpse, and if you loot the armor, she gets mad.

Make your own version of the spell and add slowfall. Jump spells is the only way to travel.

Standard practice for vampire playthroughs is to enchant a ring with as much Jump as you can cram into it and like 1pt Slowfall for 2 seconds because any Slowfall at all negates falling damage. You cast, jump, and then right before you land again cast again.

The Dark Brotherhood quest managed to make me care once everyone died; it was actually quite surprising.

My current character is an alteration mage, so I just made a spell with 500pts in jump for 1 second, with 1pt of slowfall for about a minute.

Welp. Time to put it to rest.

Just advance the quest with console. Todd's games are like this, they need console commands to passably function because of shit like this.

I like enchanted utility items because their cast time is instant and they don't cost magicka. One of my favorite characters was a magically challenged Khajiit that thought it was a mage. With no magic skills to speak of, the little nigger stole every single enchanted item it ever found no matter how much effort it took or how crappy the item was. Combat was a barrage of rapid fire spells from a sack full of rings, amulets, and pants.

That sounds like a fun gimmick, I should try it at some point.

I should also look into some enchanting mods so I can 'unlock the limiters' so to speak. I want to make constant effect seven mile boots.

You're going to love it. Webmd the trailer.

Starting a new game. Oblivion or Skyrim? Also what mods?

Open cities were a FUCKING mistake.

Important question, can you kill the speaker

why would a god need to hide his face

That IS his face.

If i took off the mask would it hurt?

It would be intoxicatingly innocent.

It is because of the oppression of the Nords that these fine and noble races have to resort to pilfering, defending their actions and becoming quite mad due to constant threats and verbal abuse thrown at them!

>>>/facebook/

Don't spread misinformation

Wait are you telling me this ISN'T ironic satire?

Is there a Nordic Genocide end quest?

His Stand's name is Gates of Oblivion, isn't it?

Fix'd

And then it dawned on me that the only homos in the game I've noticed were these two nords chased out of skyrim and both lie dead on Solstheim because of some dwemer machine and dunmer bandits who kick back laughing about their gay love letters.

How in the fuck did Bethesda they get away with that?

because you have to take the time and play the game and discover it, what sjw is going to do that?

heh

I am not as offended as Japanesque civilization being north america.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

It's Todd Howard's world

its not though

Reality is currently too absurd for satire to exist.

AUTISM

Don't bunch me with them other fags, Nirn isn't a planet.

I love how these idiots fail everything they do on a fundamental level. The way they put it resembles a venn diagram which implies you can't have diversity, and love at the same time. On a related note, humanity needs to be destroyed.

Starting over with a blank slate would be counterproductive, since there'd be no guarantee that history wouldn't repeat itself.
Besides, this particular brand of brainwashing only works with massive, widespread, continuous effort. (Which is why vidya is being targetted: the narrative has to be reinforced from each and every possible angle or it falls apart.)
Only a very tiny percentage of the population would need to be eliminated, and the artificial philosophy of self-destruction would swiftly evaporate.

this more or less?

It'll be Hammerfell.

Imperials ceded Hammerfell as part of the White-Gold Concordat 'peace treaty' with Almeris Dominion. Most likely, the Thalmor didn't even care about actually running Hammerfell and just used it as a way of making another province abandon the Imperials. Same deal with them taking credit for ending the Void Nights in the hope of getting Elsweyr on their side, same deal with them attempting to make Stormcloak their useful idiot to shitstir against Imperials.

One of the early sidequests you can get involved in centers around a Redguard woman supposedly fleeing some ebil Redguard dudes. Turns out these are Alik'r warriors, and she's a Thalmor informant. This quest starts as early as it does likely because they want new people to the franchise to be aware, early on, of the existence of Hammerfell, and that there's a full province full of those guys.

Morrowind had some variety in its scenery, but a lot of it was swamp, volcanic badlands, plains. What's the most different from that? The lush green forests of Cyrodiil as seen in Oblivion. Now, what's the most different from that? The far northern climes of Skyrim. Lots and lots of snow, and some forests that look like they're in the autumn of the year; lots of reds, oranges and golds in the foliage. Now, what's the most different from that? Hammerfell.

I doubt Valenwood would be picked for VI; too similar to Oblivion in look. Potentially more importantly, the cities in Valenwood are migratory trees that actually shift configuration over the course of a day, and I *really* doubt Beth is eager to implement either of those two things.

Skyrim had shouts, and it's unlikely that in VI they won't continue this trend. Enter sword-singing, the formation of blades called Shehai from thin air. You bet your ass Beth will want to implement that. Even if it's a little to close to Conjuration school. Hell, maybe they're get rid of that school like they already got rid of Mysticism

GET MY ARMOR

Gets me everytime!