So every Persona is the same?

So does Atlus just like call-backs so much they basically rip off the other games to make the new ones?
Let's dispense with the SPOILER warnings

>Persona 1: Reiji is the illegitimate son of an influential man who used and tossed away a woman to die a miserable death, leaving her son with revenge as his sole motivation.
This man had a son, Kandori, who now leads the great organization SEBEC, which has been leading a study of
>Persona 5: Akechi is the illegitimate son of Shido, a rising man in influence and politics, who used and tossed away a woman who died miserably, leaving her son with revenge as his sole motivation.
Shido has been keeping charge of a scientific study into an alternate dimension or study of the manifest unconscious in order to gain more power and control for his nefarious ends.
Not to mention that whole thing in Persona 3 with the shadow experiments, etc.

>Persona 1: The mother of one of the main characters is the lead researcher in this metaphysical study helmed by the villain but she was almost killed when trying to stop nefarious doings
>Persona 5: The mother of one of the main characters is the lead researcher in this metaphysical study helmed by the villain but she killed when trying to stop nefarious doings

>Every Persona game: the main villain is actually the unwitting puppet of something greater - subverted somewhat in Persona 5 where that greater puppeteer actually was using Akechi and Joker to see if society wanted to be controlled or not; Shido wasn't really a puppet so much as the test itself

I bet there's innumerable instances of Persona 5, which like everyone said is obviously a backwards limp P2, and the other newer Persona games just lifting character traits and plot elements from the older three games. Nothing original at all. Except I guess for the whole mascot character schtick though that really started with P4 didn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/digital-devil-story/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Persona is shit
that's why the japanese industry SMT/DDS/SJ is superior

Well then

But seriously, is it just me or do the three new games rip off the older ones hard?

Yes, now play Nocturne

You must be one of those assholes from that other thread who thinks no Japanese game should have ever been released in the United States.

Why do persona MC's look so fucking gay? I swear they look like emo MySpace camwhores.

You’re as dumb as the user who thought 2B ripped off some Touhou character because they both “have white hair and have something following them”

Implying he's wrong.

Because nips have a thing for their MCs looking like lanklet twinks. Have you watched any anime made in the past 15 years?

Tatsuya and P4's protagonist aren't that bad, honestly. The bowl-cut and the dome-gel are odd but alright as far as anime hair is concerned.
P1 looks like a twink until you realize he's an uzi carrying punk with a piercing. I always thought of him as the kinda guy who'd have a tongue piercing - which in anime/Japanland is a sign of being a hardass and not a fellatio queen.

If you mean "Why do they all look like they have the muscle mass of the woman in the picture?" then that's probably because they actually do have the muscle mass of the woman in the picture. In P5 you can actually work out between dungeons but the guy is so nothing that he has the most pathetic and negligible gains despite training all year. His body also doesn't change shape unlike in GTA3 which sucks.
Though I guess he could get some credit for actually trying

Anyway yeah, it's anime guys. Just be glad they didn't keep P3's bishi montif as the norm.

Did you actually read the OP? They don't just "share things" entire plot points, character backgrounds and character designs (along with character traits) are lifted from the older games and used in newer ones.
Especially that whole "I'm a villain with a mad science twist but oh no there's a pseudo-deity pulling my strings/stringing me along all the time"

don't forget they're the strongest part members besides the MC

Why is a cat on a treadmill?

Good point, too.
Pretty sure the "tough guy" archetype of the cast was modeled after him as well, with Kanji and then Ryuji being an even more stupid and

It can also talk, turn into a Looney Tunes character and transform into a Scooby mobile

and useless, is what I was going to say.
Actually it's amazing that the only original idea in P5's main cast is a character who stands to be exclusively detrimental to the entire plot and party yet never turncoats
With friends like these…

Why do nips feel the need to add completely unnecesary, out of place, pikachu-like mascots to everything?

I will resurrect Admiral Perry and take those games by force, Nip!

Radiation poisoning.

So that they can sell plushies and T-shirts to kids and manchildren. If it does really well, then it might receive it's own spin-off game, like pikachu or even an anime.

Will any of the fans comment on this?

SMT has been a zombie for over a decade, everyone relevant is gone. Ironically enough Atlus got popular in international lands around the same time the company died.

Same reason Disney does it. Merchandise. Gotta sell that Olaf plushie.

Yes.
But Persona 1 and 2 were actually good.
The newer are just school VN waifu simulators with JRPG combat.

In Japan it means he's straight.
If he would look like bodybuilder, they could make him into raging homo.
Don't ask me how exactly it works.

By nukes or melted nuclear reactor in Fukushima?

I have to agree with that user, 2B is essentially Youmu.
2B looks essentially like Youmu fan fiction, there is no escape from that.

Been trying to get into these games. Played 1 for a while then realized I was supposed to be combining the different Personae in that faggot Velvet Room. Dropped it out of disgust. Picked up 3 and it's not fun. Not into the half social sim half rpg. Seems really disjointed having these two elements together.

Here's your reply

Spending so much time in the gym focusing on muscles is pretty homosexual is the reasoning I think.

Even nuPersona has demon fusion so you're never getting into this series. Goodbye.

Japan is bipolar about GAR.

oh wowee i couldn't've thunk that

Meh, makes no sense

the gay community?!.webm

It makes perfect sense. You give up 2 lower level demons/personas for one of higher level. It makes the negotiation mechanic stay relevant the entire game, for the games with negotiations anyway.

Okay whatever you say, cooldude.

Just because girls are in it and the guys show interest in girls doesn't make buff men hip-thrusting and supermodel-posing any less rectal gaping

You have a point about FotNS and everything that copies it, though. I wonder at what point swol is given respect in Nipponislands instead of immediately being associated with colorectal savagery

Just stick to pokemon buddy.

You almost made a point

Faggot go watch yuri on ice and tell me jojo is gay.

might as well tell me to suck a guy off

Part 5 was the end result of what had been building up for a long time with immortal Araki's David Bowie fetish.
Are you seriously going to try and say this stuff isn't legit for faggots? Are you real with yourself?

It's called exaggerated posture. It's like saying that wrestling is for fags cause buff men in dumb outfits beat each other up.

Shame they suffer from the detriment of the random battles system which plagued us for so long

But alright. I guess no one's really shocked by this; I was the only one who noticed so slow. It's just dumbfounding that they haven't tried to do anything 100% new but with the same mechanics. I remember the devs saying P5 was chiefly inspired by old rogue stories.
My ass. It's inspired by old Persona games.

Wrestling is gay as fuck

Do they also pose like women on a runway? Because if they also swish their hips like they're signaling for a dick then yeah, it's for faggots

Now you're just projecting.

Part 5 looks great so far.

(checked)

Hes a believer of true love between a woman and a man.
Also, his dad looked gayer and not only did he manage to have 2 children, but also 2 children with different women, one of them while he was in his 60s.

If Jojo is filled with faggots I do not want to comprehend the miles of dick passing through your asshole everyday.

Why did you have to remind me

But user just because they fuck women doesn't mean they're not gay. Even my main man Joshuu has to be gay from how much titty he wants to suck.

read
The characters may be 'straight' but they pose like complete and utter faggots. Also, Josuke's mom was a total whore.

You realize all this shit just looks like its inspired by Michel Jackson and 80's Hip Hop dance, which is both still popular in Japan. That your assumption that its homoerotic say's more about you being a faggot then it actually being created for that explicit purpose. In Japan their is actually traditionally an androgyny to their beauty standards that has nothing to do with being a butt pirate. In its flamboyant nature it is in a way expressing a confidence in oneself that is ultimately heterosexual and masculine. I feel sorry that some Pedophile molested you as a child but stop trying to force your pathology onto normal healthy people who don't share your Jewish perversion of fetishizing everything.

Michael*

What is this, the 90's?

kill yourself

Araki explained that he likes to draw weird poses because he likes to draw how the muscles contort and also is a die hard fan of greco-roman sculptures, wich involve naked, muscled men.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK, she only had eyes for joseph, so much that when shw saw jotaro, she thought he was joseph and went completely bonkers by how in love with him she is.

Im not the one saying the jojos are gay user, i can look at a semi-naked man and just mire him by how fit he is.

I just tagged a bunch of replays in the comment chain regarding e9d753's statements where I sorta lost interest in the Persona tread. A shame really, Love SMT, don't mind Persona, but after awhile it gets hard to come up with interesting new things to say about a tired subject. The controversial tangent topic is more interesting than the core topic.

As an aside, who else avoids popular video game threads when they are first released in order to avoid spoilers. But by the time they finish the game the game threads essentially evaporate and you don't bother to broach the topic because you can't think of anything interesting in particular to discuss? :^)

What are you, retarded? Yes, this is a 30 year old series, everybody knows it's not gay by now. Except for newfags. Newfags you talk to. Dipshit.

jojo is extremely fucking gay and everyone I know that enjoys the show is either a soyboy, a homo, or both.

>>>/cuckchan/

you're first to get gassed

Oh boy, more memes. Why actually put thought or effort into what you're saying when you can regurgitate what other people have said verbatim?

kek

This labeling of literally fucking everything that people don't like as cuckchan/goons/TRS/etc, whether meant ironically or not, needs to start getting them some well earned vacations from the fucking board. It's nothing but shitpost bait at this point.

Cool they rebooted 2 forgettable games in the series

Let's get back on point. You can argue about how not-gay and manly JoJo is in another place like the men's showers you bunch of fruits

There didn't used to be such a push for merchandising until P4 came out. Before that the closest we had to a mascot character was Aigis, and before that was simply the company mascot of Jack Frost, but then Teddy came in and ran it into the ground so hard that money apparently shot out the devs' mouths and now they can't help but push for mascot characters in each game.

People kept comparing P4 to the scooby gang but now we legit have a scooby van - which is actually our talking cartoon cat friend who swings a comically oversized blade for his body and a slingshot.
So that's a bear and a cat.

P6 will have a rabbit mascot. Count on it. It'll be a funny cartoon rabbit with a tweed jacket and tophat cocked to the side. It has an obsession with carrots and the comical personality of a lady killer (get it, cuz rabbits breed like crazy).

P6 will pretend to have inspirations from Alice in Wonderland and have a lot of hamfisted references to Through the Looking Glass but will actually just take yet another aspect of Persona 1 (and 2 maybe) and inflate it to fill the plot as you hop between mirrors into the reflections of the collective unconscious or whatever - and the rabbit will have funny continual boing-boing noises as he hops around and he kick-boxes too

Right. Why is Persona 4 such a shitty version of Diamond is Unbreakable?

Is Adachi the killer in Persona 5 too?

oh shit, im sorry.

Good question

Basically yes

Hahaha no, to prove this we simply need to cover what Teddie and Morganna have in common
It started with this shit stain and went downhill from there.

No, fuck you. There is thirty years of manga that supports Jojo. Homos and tumblrkin jumped on the bandwagon with the anime. The artwork looks the way it does because Araki takes lots of inspiration from Greek and Roman statues as well as fashion magazines. But I understand you are doing this for (you)s because you have found an easy way to get them. Jojo fans are aware that the lingering homoerotic allegations have only doubled since the anime brought tumblr into the fold. As such calling Jojo gay will inevitably lead to many jumping to its defense.

I think the best part about people saying Jojo is gay is that Araki wrote in a gay couple literally only for them to be murdered brutally in Part 5.

Wait which couple is the gay couple? It's been awhile since I read part 5 and only remember two couples/pairing in it.

It was in the 36th chapter of Golden Wind, they were only mentioned as assassins who tried to figure out Diavolo's identity, being punished accordingly with one being cut alive into 36 individual sections while the other committed suicide by swallowing his gag and choking to death on it. They were heavily implied to be butt buddies.

Dude you can go a bit further
You're right!
IT'S THE SAME CHARACTER (mostly) OVER AND OVER AGAIN

also

Truely the greatest of all Mangakas

Why is that one guy tickling the other?

because he likes to perform surgery on people with gunshot wounds without anesthetics.

persona was a mistake

I wanna play Persona 1 and 2 because of their closeness to SMT but this webm makes me want to avoid atlus games altogether

Just avoid modern Atlus and you're good.

It's the PSP version of P1 and the PS1 versions of P2 that you want to play, correct.

If you can read nihongo, all PSP. The tragedy of Eternal Punishment is it'll never get properly translated as it has artifacts from Revelations: Persona and romanticizes Tatsuya and Maya's relationship throughout the whole game when in reality Tatsuya can't stop calling her nee-san and is so thoroughly disgusted with himself can never see her as an available woman.

For IS you can go either or. Do you want Hitler or Fuhrer Who Is Definitely Not Hitler?

Is there a difference in their characterization? Otherwise hitler obviously, you'd think SMT games would already be edgy enough to have hitler without issues

I always liked that Persona 2's dual story was done in such a way as to make the first part its own game, essentially. You could play IS and never touch EP and still be satisfied, but if you go into EP you'll be sacrificing a few things of what you enjoyed in IS for greater resolution over all.
I like that sacrifice the player has to make, that if you really want to see it through to the end you can't stay with IS's ending, which on its own would imply they either eventually remember or they make new memories together. Instead you sacrifice that to see Nyarlo's true end, see better resolution with the Persona 1 cast, watch Tatsuya and his brother actually bond, see Baofu off with a new life (and waifu), etc.

IS has the potential to make new memories, but that potential dies when you play EP, however EP really does give you new memories and though it doesn't end the way you would have wanted in IS you see the world with different eyes and appreciate the ending you achieve at the real end of it all.

You can't see any of this if you don't play EP, but in doing so you sacrifice IS.
In a way you the player have to make the same sacrifice as everyone else.

Something something Japanese laws prohibit depictions of real life people in video games now, it's the same character but swastikas are replaced by iron crosses and Hitler wears sunglasses.

Have you read the original story that started it all?

novelupdates.com/series/digital-devil-story/

I like to believe EP doesn't happen at all if Tatsuya says "thank you" at the end of IS. If he accepts his fate there's nothing to punish, anomaly boy doesn't exist to fuck everything. He most certainly punches Phil and metaphorically himself though, it's almost out of character if not.

But what about all the Yakuza games, man?

No I haven't, but I heard it's a mixed bag. Thanks for the link, though

Never thought of it that way. Honestly been years since I went through EP

Thats some shitty box art you got there. Looks like a cheap bluray for some no name asian flick.

There's nothing gay about anatomy user. You're probably some closeted homo who can't see nudity or over-exaggerated posture without attaching your own sexually-charged baggage.

Welcome to every Yakuza game after 2

you faggots need to stop sperging about this so hard
take it to another thread

I think all the NA covers for the Yakuza games are like that. Yakuza 3 is the worst.

It doesn’t count if actors have their real face attached to a fictional character. That isn’t even unique to Vidya. It’s done in manga all the time.

It's not nearly as bad as the American boxart

It looks like it's implying that he fucked Haruka and they had a child.

Reminded me of those cringe drawings of unrelated cartoon characters getting each other pregnant.

That's not all, the whole thing is a lazy photoshop job. They took Kazuma's image from the Japanese Kiwami 2 boxart and shooped him right in.

Hey wait a second, the protag of P5 was on probation for a year, hence why he was in Tokyo. Technically he was already serving his time and needed to keep his nose clean.

I forget why he ended up in prison at the end. Sae said she needed him to turn himself in so they could get Shido (though they never get illuminati cohorts) but what was he turning himself in for?
The only way they got him out was by the woman in his case coming out and rescinding her testimony against him (even though everyone already knows you were helping her from being raped but they think he socked the guy in the face like a real man, which he didn't).

Then his prison time could only have been for fouling up his probation. But how? What did he do to ruin his probation and how did him going through the courts into prison - again, for the case that had apparently already been underway and him given his sentence, hence the year of probation - help get Shido out of Illimunati hiding?

I totally forgot the reasoning behind any of this.

Apparently the judicial system in Japan is all fucked up and just getting accused of a crime is very close to being convicted of one. Something about getting nuked twice or somesuch.

Probably why those are the only visually interesting and adult characters in that aesthetically schizophrenic hana barbera mess

wew this thread went places

It still pisses me off what they had to go and do with the Yakuza 2 remake. Sick of these yellow almost-Hollywood tier inserts in the games enough already

You know that doesn't even begin to make sense, even in regards to reality let alone how this all fits into the stupid non-issue at the end of P5, but Nip legalities are so deranged I could believe that.

Maybe if they had another one they'd adopt a proper legal code. Bomb them until they see stars and stripes.
obligatory webm

also I miss those kind of dialogue choices in negotiation

Thanks for the guidance but should I name the protag or should I just use his manga/CD drama name.

I mean hell they wander off and go boat riding together, that would've been the perfect time for them to talk about your joocy physique.
"Did you see Brotag? Fukken moist."

faggot